Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on wnt proteins in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Topic: wnt proteins
- Hurlstone A, Haramis A, Wienholds E, Begthel H, Korving J, Van Eeden F, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway regulates cardiac valve formation. Nature. 2003;425:633-7 pubmed..Our findings identify a novel role for Wnt/beta-catenin signalling in determining endocardial cell fate. ..
- Coudreuse D, Roël G, Betist M, Destree O, Korswagen H. Wnt gradient formation requires retromer function in Wnt-producing cells. Science. 2006;312:921-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the ability of Wnt to regulate long-range patterning events is dependent on a critical and conserved function of the retromer complex within Wnt-producing cells. ..
- Boonen R, van Tijn P, Zivkovic D. Wnt signaling in Alzheimer's disease: up or down, that is the question. Ageing Res Rev. 2009;8:71-82 pubmed publisher..In this context, drug targets aimed at rescuing Wnt signaling may prove to be a constructive therapeutic strategy for AD. ..
- Tee J, van Rooijen C, Boonen R, Zivkovic D. Regulation of slow and fast muscle myofibrillogenesis by Wnt/beta-catenin and myostatin signaling. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5880 pubmed publisher..Epistatic analyses suggest a possible genetic interaction between Wnt/beta-catenin and Myostatin in regulation of slow and fast twitch muscle myofibrillogenesis...
- Verhoeven M, Haase C, Christoffels V, Weidinger G, Bakkers J. Wnt signaling regulates atrioventricular canal formation upstream of BMP and Tbx2. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:435-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genetic analysis shows that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is upstream and in a linear pathway with BMP and Tbx2 during AVC specification. ..
- van den Boogaard M, Créton M, Bronkhorst Y, van der Hout A, Hennekam E, Lindhout D, et al. Mutations in WNT10A are present in more than half of isolated hypodontia cases. J Med Genet. 2012;49:327-31 pubmed publisher..By including WNT10A in the DNA diagnostics of isolated tooth agenesis, the yield of molecular testing in this condition was significantly increased from 15% to 71%. ..
- Yang P, Lorenowicz M, Silhankova M, Coudreuse D, Betist M, Korswagen H. Wnt signaling requires retromer-dependent recycling of MIG-14/Wntless in Wnt-producing cells. Dev Cell. 2008;14:140-7 pubmed..We propose that MIG-14/Wls cycles between the Golgi and the plasma membrane to mediate Wnt secretion. Regulation of this transport pathway may enable Wnt-producing cells to control the range of Wnt signaling in the tissue. ..
- Mahmoudi T, Li V, Ng S, Taouatas N, Vries R, Mohammed S, et al. The kinase TNIK is an essential activator of Wnt target genes. EMBO J. 2009;28:3329-40 pubmed publisher..This kinase may present an attractive candidate for drug targeting in colorectal cancer. ..
- Gregorieff A, Pinto D, Begthel H, Destree O, Kielman M, Clevers H. Expression pattern of Wnt signaling components in the adult intestine. Gastroenterology. 2005;129:626-38 pubmed..To address this issue, we examined the expression pattern of all Wnts, Frizzleds (Fzs), low-density lipoprotein receptor-related proteins, Wnt antagonists, and T-cell factors in the murine small intestine and colon and adenomas...
- Staal F, Meeldijk J, Moerer P, Jay P, van de Weerdt B, Vainio S, et al. Wnt signaling is required for thymocyte development and activates Tcf-1 mediated transcription. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:285-93 pubmed..Retroviral expression of soluble Wnt receptor mutants that block Wnt signaling inhibits thymocyte development. These results imply an important role for the Wnt cascade in thymocyte development. ..
- de Graaf M, Zivkovic D, Joore J. Hormone-inducible expression of secreted factors in zebrafish embryos. Dev Growth Differ. 1998;40:577-82 pubmed..The present results demonstrate that this is a versatile inducible expression system for use in vertebrate embryos, that also supports expression of secreted proteins. ..
- Claessen M, Schipper M, Oldenburg B, Siersema P, Offerhaus G, Vleggaar F. WNT-pathway activation in IBD-associated colorectal carcinogenesis: potential biomarkers for colonic surveillance. Cell Oncol. 2010;32:303-10 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, as Wnt activation was observed in 50% of the IBD-NE cases, nuclear beta-catenin may facilitate detection of neoplasia. ..
- Schuijers J, Mokry M, Hatzis P, Cuppen E, Clevers H. Wnt-induced transcriptional activation is exclusively mediated by TCF/LEF. EMBO J. 2014;33:146-56 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ?-catenin is tethered to chromatin overwhelmingly through the TCF/LEF transcription factors in these three systems. ..
- Harterink M, Port F, Lorenowicz M, McGough I, Silhankova M, Betist M, et al. A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretion. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:914-923 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that SNX3 is part of an alternative retromer pathway that functionally separates the retrograde transport of Wls from other retromer cargo. ..
- Joore J, Fasciana C, Speksnijder J, Kruijer W, Destree O, van den Eijnden van Raaij A, et al. Regulation of the zebrafish goosecoid promoter by mesoderm inducing factors and Xwnt1. Mech Dev. 1996;55:3-18 pubmed..The distal element is to our knowledge the first enhancer element identified that mediates the induction of a mesodermal gene by activin. ..
- van den Bosch M, Blom A, van de Loo F, Koenders M, Lafeber F, van den Berg W, et al. Brief Report: Induction of Matrix Metalloproteinase Expression by Synovial Wnt Signaling and Association With Disease Progression in Early Symptomatic Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1978-1983 pubmed publisher..Wnt signaling in the synovium may potently induce progression of OA via increased production of MMPs. ..
- van de Ven C, Bialecka M, Neijts R, Young T, Rowland J, Stringer E, et al. Concerted involvement of Cdx/Hox genes and Wnt signaling in morphogenesis of the caudal neural tube and cloacal derivatives from the posterior growth zone. Development. 2011;138:3451-62 pubmed publisher..They shed a new light on the etiology of the caudal dysplasia or caudal regression range of human congenital defects. ..
- Faro A, Boj S, Clevers H. Fishing for intestinal cancer models: unraveling gastrointestinal homeostasis and tumorigenesis in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2009;6:361-76 pubmed publisher..An appealing avenue for cancer research in zebrafish is large-scale screens to identify chemotherapeutic and chemopreventive agents in conjunction with the in vivo imaging approaches that zebrafish affords...
- Giles R, Lolkema M, Snijckers C, Belderbos M, van der Groep P, Mans D, et al. Interplay between VHL/HIF1alpha and Wnt/beta-catenin pathways during colorectal tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2006;25:3065-70 pubmed..As loss of VHL in later stages of CRC progression results in stabilization of HIF, these data provide evidence that selection for VHL downregulation provides a proangiogenic impulse for CRC progression. ..
- Roose J, Clevers H. TCF transcription factors: molecular switches in carcinogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1424:M23-37 pubmed..We will discuss Tcf signaling upon interaction with different partners, resulting in activator and repressor roles of Tcf factors in the light of carcinogenic events. ..
- Korinek V, Barker N, Willert K, Molenaar M, Roose J, Wagenaar G, et al. Two members of the Tcf family implicated in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during embryogenesis in the mouse. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1248-56 pubmed..These data demonstrate a direct link between Wnt stimulation and beta-catenin/Tcf transcriptional activation and imply a role for mTcf-3 and -4 in early Wnt-driven developmental decisions in the mouse embryo. ..