Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Topic: signal transduction
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- Feng Q, Langereis M, Lork M, Nguyen M, Hato S, Lanke K, et al. Enterovirus 2Apro targets MDA5 and MAVS in infected cells. J Virol. 2014;88:3369-78 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of enterovirus immune evasion strategies will help to develop countermeasures to control infections with these viruses in the future. ..
- Gawlitta D, Fledderus J, Van Rijen M, Dokter I, Alblas J, Verhaar M, et al. Hypoxia impedes vasculogenesis of in vitro engineered bone. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012;18:208-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our normoxic co-culture model containing cells from clinically relevant sources sustained simultaneous endothelial, smooth muscle, and osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Wind J, Peviani A, Snel B, Hanson J, Smeekens S. ABI4: versatile activator and repressor. Trends Plant Sci. 2013;18:125-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ABI4 is a regulator of rosette growth, redox signaling, cell wall metabolism and the effect of nitrate on lateral root development. ..
- Buttgereit F, Spies C, Bijlsma J. Novel glucocorticoids: where are we now and where do we want to go?. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S29-33 pubmed..Other interesting developments and promising concepts include the development of nitrosteroids, targeting the membrane-bound GR and the use of extracts of the medicinal plant Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F. ..
- Roelen B, Goumans M, Zwijsen A, Mummery C. Identification of two distinct functions for TGF-beta in early mouse development. Differentiation. 1998;64:19-31 pubmed
- Urbanus R, Pennings M, Derksen R, de Groot P. Platelet activation by dimeric beta2-glycoprotein I requires signaling via both glycoprotein Ibalpha and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:1405-12 pubmed publisher..We show that dimeric beta(2)-GPI signals via two distinct pathways in platelets, both of which are required for platelet activation. Abrogation of either signal results in loss of activation. ..
- Langereis J, Prinsen B, de Sain van der Velden M, Coppens C, Koenderman L, Ulfman L. A 2D-DIGE approach to identify proteins involved in inside-out control of integrins. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:3824-33 pubmed publisher..Comparison of functionally different cell lines from similar origin by 2D-DIGE might be a successful approach to identify regulatory proteins involved in integrin inside-out control. ..
- Barker N, Clevers H. Leucine-rich repeat-containing G-protein-coupled receptors as markers of adult stem cells. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:1681-96 pubmed publisher..Further studies of these markers might reveal adult stem cell populations in additional tissues. Identification of the ligands for Lgr5 and 6 will help elucidate stem cell functions and modes of intracellular signaling. ..
- Abdi J, Mutis T, Garssen J, Redegeld F. Characterization of the Toll-like receptor expression profile in human multiple myeloma cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60671 pubmed publisher..The clear expression of TLRs in MM cells indicates a propensity for responding to tumor-induced inflammatory signals, which seem inevitable in the MM bone marrow environment. ..
- Shi J, TomaÅ¡iÄ T, Sharif S, Brouwer A, Anderluh M, Ruijtenbeek R, et al. Peptide microarray analysis of the cross-talk between O-GlcNAcylation and tyrosine phosphorylation. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1872-1883 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a glimpse into the new paradigm for cellular signaling control by cross-talk. ..
- Monteiro R, Van Dinther M, Bakkers J, Wilkinson R, Patient R, Ten Dijke P, et al. Two novel type II receptors mediate BMP signalling and are required to establish left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;315:55-71 pubmed publisher..We propose a mechanism whereby this differential interpretation of BMP signalling through bmpr2a and bmpr2b is essential for the establishment of LR asymmetry in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Mahmoudi T, Li V, Ng S, Taouatas N, Vries R, Mohammed S, et al. The kinase TNIK is an essential activator of Wnt target genes. EMBO J. 2009;28:3329-40 pubmed publisher..This kinase may present an attractive candidate for drug targeting in colorectal cancer. ..
- van Houdt W, de Bruijn M, Emmink B, Raats D, Hoogwater F, Borel Rinkes I, et al. Oncogenic K-ras activates p38 to maintain colorectal cancer cell proliferation during MEK inhibition. Cell Oncol. 2010;32:245-57 pubmed publisher..Oncogenic K-ras activates p38alpha to maintain cell proliferation during MEK inhibition. MEK-targeting therapeutics can create an acquired tumor cell dependency on p38alpha. ..
- Harterink M, Port F, Lorenowicz M, McGough I, Silhankova M, Betist M, et al. A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretion. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:914-923 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that SNX3 is part of an alternative retromer pathway that functionally separates the retrograde transport of Wls from other retromer cargo. ..
- de Jong P, Schadenberg A, van den Broek T, Beekman J, van Wijk F, Coffer P, et al. STAT3 regulates monocyte TNF-alpha production in systemic inflammation caused by cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35070 pubmed publisher..Thus, STAT3 might be a potential molecular target for pharmacological intervention in clinical syndromes characterized by systemic inflammation. ..
- Low T, Magliozzi R, Guardavaccaro D, Heck A. Unraveling the ubiquitin-regulated signaling networks by mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Proteomics. 2013;13:526-37 pubmed publisher..Therefore, applying MS to study polyUb linkages is also becoming an emerging and important area. Finally, we discuss the future of MS-based proteomics in answering important questions with respect to ubiquitylation. ..
- Popovic M, Rensen de Leeuw M, Rehmann H. Selectivity of CDC25 homology domain-containing guanine nucleotide exchange factors. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:2782-94 pubmed publisher..Together, these data highlight the distinct selectivity of various GEFs and allow for predictions of untested combinations of GEFs and G-proteins. ..
- Smith K, Filbey K, Reynolds L, Hewitson J, Harcus Y, Boon L, et al. Low-level regulatory T-cell activity is essential for functional type-2 effector immunity to expel gastrointestinal helminths. Mucosal Immunol. 2016;9:428-43 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the overarching importance of the early Treg response to infection and the non-linear association between inflammation and the prevailing Treg frequency. ..
- Leahy T, McManus R, Doherty D, Grealy R, Coulter T, Smyth P, et al. Interleukin-15 is associated with disease severity in viral bronchiolitis. Eur Respir J. 2016;47:212-22 pubmed publisher..Targets of de-regulated miRNA were differentially expressed in bronchiolitis, including JAK3, STAT5A and NFKB1 on the IL-15 signalling pathway.IL-15 is associated with disease severity in children hospitalised with viral bronchiolitis. ..
- Joore J, Timmermans A, van de Water S, Folkers G, van der Saag P, Zivkovic D. Domains of retinoid signalling and neurectodermal expression of zebrafish otx1 and goosecoid are mutually exclusive. Biochem Cell Biol. 1997;75:601-12 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest that the action of retinoids is spatially as well as temporally regulated in the developing embryo. ..
- Reedquist K, Ross E, Koop E, Wolthuis R, Zwartkruis F, van Kooyk Y, et al. The small GTPase, Rap1, mediates CD31-induced integrin adhesion. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:1151-8 pubmed..Our findings also suggest an alternative mechanism, distinct from interference with Ras-proximal signaling, by which Rap1 might mediate transformation reversion. ..
- Barker N, Clevers H. Mining the Wnt pathway for cancer therapeutics. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2006;5:997-1014 pubmed..Here we provide an overview of the promise and pitfalls of current drug development strategies striving to inhibit the Wnt pathway and present new opportunities for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Chocron S, Verhoeven M, Rentzsch F, Hammerschmidt M, Bakkers J. Zebrafish Bmp4 regulates left-right asymmetry at two distinct developmental time points. Dev Biol. 2007;305:577-88 pubmed..The identification of these two distinct and opposing activities of BMP signaling provides new insight into how BMP signaling can regulate LR patterning. ..
- Dansen T, Smits L, van Triest M, de Keizer P, van Leenen D, Koerkamp M, et al. Redox-sensitive cysteines bridge p300/CBP-mediated acetylation and FoxO4 activity. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:664-72 pubmed publisher..These findings directly link cellular redox status to the activity of the longevity protein FoxO. ..
- Beekman J, Verhagen L, Geijsen N, Coffer P. Regulation of myelopoiesis through syntenin-mediated modulation of IL-5 receptor output. Blood. 2009;114:3917-27 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that cytokine-specific functions can be transduced by unique receptor alpha-chain-associating adapter proteins. ..
- Hanson J, Smeekens S. Sugar perception and signaling--an update. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2009;12:562-7 pubmed publisher..bZIP transcription factors were found to mediate effects of sugar signaling on gene expression and metabolite content. ..
- van Rooijen E, Voest E, Logister I, Bussmann J, Korving J, van Eeden F, et al. von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor mutants faithfully model pathological hypoxia-driven angiogenesis and vascular retinopathies in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:343-53 pubmed publisher..Importantly, they will allow for a cost-effective, non-invasive and efficient way to screen for novel pharmacological agents and combinatorial treatments. ..
- Steevels T, Lebbink R, Westerlaken G, Coffer P, Meyaard L. Signal inhibitory receptor on leukocytes-1 is a novel functional inhibitory immune receptor expressed on human phagocytes. J Immunol. 2010;184:4741-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, SIRL-1 is a novel inhibitory immune receptor belonging to the growing family of ITIM-bearing receptors that is implied in the regulation of phagocytes. ..
- Leon Reyes A, van der Does D, de Lange E, Delker C, Wasternack C, van Wees S, et al. Salicylate-mediated suppression of jasmonate-responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis is targeted downstream of the jasmonate biosynthesis pathway. Planta. 2010;232:1423-32 pubmed publisher..2 expression to the same level in the aos/dde2 mutant as in wild-type Col-0 plants, indicating that SA-mediated suppression of JA-responsive gene expression is targeted at a position downstream of the JA biosynthesis pathway. ..
- van Eekelen M, Runtuwene V, Masselink W, den Hertog J. Pair-wise regulation of convergence and extension cell movements by four phosphatases via RhoA. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35913 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which two phosphatases activate RhoA and two phosphatases inhibit RhoA, resulting in proper cell polarization and normal convergence and extension cell movements. ..
- Vervoort S, van Boxtel R, Coffer P. The role of SRY-related HMG box transcription factor 4 (SOX4) in tumorigenesis and metastasis: friend or foe?. Oncogene. 2013;32:3397-409 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide an overview of our current knowledge concerning the role of SOX4 in tumor development and progression. ..
- Korteweg N, Maia A, Thompson B, Roubos E, Burbach J, Verhage M. The role of Munc18-1 in docking and exocytosis of peptide hormone vesicles in the anterior pituitary. Biol Cell. 2005;97:445-55 pubmed..2000). We conclude that Munc18-1 is involved in the secretion of peptide hormones and in the docking of LDCVs. These results unmask an apparent mechanistic difference between LDCVs and synaptic vesicles. ..
- van Berkel M, Schrijver E, Hofhuis F, Sharpe A, Coyle A, Broeren C, et al. ICOS contributes to T cell expansion in CTLA-4 deficient mice. J Immunol. 2005;175:182-8 pubmed..These results indicate that ICOS is not only important for T cell effector function but also contributes to the expansion phase of a T cell response in the presence of CD28 signaling. ..
- van Houdt W, Hoogwater F, de Bruijn M, Emmink B, Nijkamp M, Raats D, et al. Oncogenic KRAS desensitizes colorectal tumor cells to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition and activation. Neoplasia. 2010;12:443-52 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a causal role for oncogenic KRAS in desensitizing tumor cells not only to EGFR inhibitors but also to EGF itself. ..
- Favier R, Spee B, Schotanus B, van den Ingh T, Fieten H, Brinkhof B, et al. COMMD1-deficient dogs accumulate copper in hepatocytes and provide a good model for chronic hepatitis and fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42158 pubmed publisher..Therefore they represent a genetically-defined large animal model to test clinical applicability of new therapeutics developed in rodent models...
- Yin X, Farin H, van Es J, Clevers H, Langer R, Karp J. Niche-independent high-purity cultures of Lgr5+ intestinal stem cells and their progeny. Nat Methods. 2014;11:106-12 pubmed publisher..These methods provide new tools for the study and application of multiple intestinal epithelial cell types. ..
- Mortaz E, Braber S, Nazary M, Givi M, Nijkamp F, Folkerts G. ATP in the pathogenesis of lung emphysema. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;619:92-6 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that activation of purinergic signaling by cigarette smoke may take part in the pathogenesis of lung emphysema. ..
- Jopling C, van Geemen D, den Hertog J. Shp2 knockdown and Noonan/LEOPARD mutant Shp2-induced gastrulation defects. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e225 pubmed..The finding that defective Shp2 signaling induced cell movement defects as early as gastrulation may have implications for the monitoring and diagnosis of Noonan and LEOPARD syndrome...
- van der Kooij M, Groenendaal F, Kavelaars A, Heijnen C, van Bel F. Neuroprotective properties and mechanisms of erythropoietin in in vitro and in vivo experimental models for hypoxia/ischemia. Brain Res Rev. 2008;59:22-33 pubmed publisher..We aim to provide the reader with a timely overview on the use of EPO in models of stroke and hypoxia-ischemia and to discuss the molecular events that underlie its neuroprotection. ..
- Keestra A, van Putten J. Unique properties of the chicken TLR4/MD-2 complex: selective lipopolysaccharide activation of the MyD88-dependent pathway. J Immunol. 2008;181:4354-62 pubmed
- van de Ven C, Bialecka M, Neijts R, Young T, Rowland J, Stringer E, et al. Concerted involvement of Cdx/Hox genes and Wnt signaling in morphogenesis of the caudal neural tube and cloacal derivatives from the posterior growth zone. Development. 2011;138:3451-62 pubmed publisher..They shed a new light on the etiology of the caudal dysplasia or caudal regression range of human congenital defects. ..
- Lisman T, Adelmeijer J, Cauwenberghs S, van Pampus E, Heemskerk J, de Groot P. Recombinant factor VIIa enhances platelet adhesion and activation under flow conditions at normal and reduced platelet count. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3:742-51 pubmed
- de Keizer P, Packer L, Szypowska A, Riedl Polderman P, van den Broek N, de Bruin A, et al. Activation of forkhead box O transcription factors by oncogenic BRAF promotes p21cip1-dependent senescence. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8526-36 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings support a model in which FOXOs mediate a trade-off between cancer and aging. ..
- Verhagen B, Glazebrook J, Zhu T, Chang H, Van Loon L, Pieterse C. The transcriptome of rhizobacteria-induced systemic resistance in arabidopsis. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2004;17:895-908 pubmed..Priming of pathogen-induced genes allows the plant to react more effectively to the invader encountered, which might explain the broad-spectrum action of rhizobacteria-mediated ISR. ..
- Gregorieff A, Pinto D, Begthel H, Destree O, Kielman M, Clevers H. Expression pattern of Wnt signaling components in the adult intestine. Gastroenterology. 2005;129:626-38 pubmed..To address this issue, we examined the expression pattern of all Wnts, Frizzleds (Fzs), low-density lipoprotein receptor-related proteins, Wnt antagonists, and T-cell factors in the murine small intestine and colon and adenomas...
- Clevers H. Colon cancer--understanding how NSAIDs work. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:761-3 pubmed
- Pieterse C, Van Wees S, van Pelt J, Knoester M, Laan R, Gerrits H, et al. A novel signaling pathway controlling induced systemic resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1571-80 pubmed
- Gonzales E, van der Zee M, Dictus W, van den Biggelaar J. Brefeldin A or monensin inhibits the 3D organizer in gastropod, polyplacophoran, and scaphopod molluscs. Dev Genes Evol. 2007;217:105-18 pubmed..muscosa, the organizer-dependent developmental architecture of the embryo predicts subsequent patterns of morphogenetic movements in gastrulation and, ultimately, the layout of the adult body plan. ..
- Chen X, Pierik R, Peeters A, Poorter H, Visser E, Huber H, et al. Endogenous abscisic acid as a key switch for natural variation in flooding-induced shoot elongation. Plant Physiol. 2010;154:969-77 pubmed publisher..palustris and Rumex acetosa), we suggest that natural selection results in similar modification of regulatory pathways within and between species. ..
- Bennett T, Scheres B. Root development-two meristems for the price of one?. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2010;91:67-102 pubmed publisher..The emergent picture is one of coordinate regulation of cell division and elongation by a hormonal signaling network that is integrated by the auxin reflux loop to control root growth...
- Westerweel P, van Velthoven C, Nguyen T, Den Ouden K, de Kleijn D, Goumans M, et al. Modulation of TGF-?/BMP-6 expression and increased levels of circulating smooth muscle progenitor cells in a type I diabetes mouse model. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2010;9:55 pubmed publisher..This may contribute to exaggerated intimal hyperplasia in diabetes as bone marrow derived cells home to sites of neointima formation. ..
- Choorapoikayil S, Kuiper R, de Bruin A, den Hertog J. Haploinsufficiency of the genes encoding the tumor suppressor Pten predisposes zebrafish to hemangiosarcoma. Dis Model Mech. 2012;5:241-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that haploinsufficiency of the genes encoding Pten predisposes to hemangiosarcoma in zebrafish...
- Bleijerveld O, Houweling M, Thomas M, Cui Z. Metabolipidomics: profiling metabolism of glycerophospholipid species by stable isotopic precursors and tandem mass spectrometry. Anal Biochem. 2006;352:1-14 pubmed
- Siebert H, Burg Roderfeld M, Eckert T, StÃ¶tzel S, Kirch U, Diercks T, et al. Interaction of the Î±2A domain of integrin with small collagen fragments. Protein Cell. 2010;1:393-405 pubmed publisher..These results provide useful information concerning possible interactions of Î±2A with small collagen fragments that are of relevance to the design of novel therapeutic A-domain inhibitors. ..
- Steller E, Borel Rinkes I, Kranenburg O. How CD95 stimulates invasion. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:3857-62 pubmed publisher..In this review we discuss how CD95-initiated signalling pathways may cooperate to facilitate cell migration and tissue invasion. ..
- Nijboer C, van der Kooij M, van Bel F, Ohl F, Heijnen C, Kavelaars A. Inhibition of the JNK/AP-1 pathway reduces neuronal death and improves behavioral outcome after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:812-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that inhibition of mitochondrial Smac/DIABLO release and calpain activation contribute to neuroprotection by TAT-JBD. ..
- Choorapoikayil S, Kers R, Herbomel P, Kissa K, den Hertog J. Pivotal role of Pten in the balance between proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;123:184-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Pten has an essential role in the balance between proliferation and differentiation of blood cells. ..
- Westerink R, Klompmakers A, Westenberg H, Vijverberg H. Signaling pathways involved in Ca2+- and Pb2+-induced vesicular catecholamine release from rat PC12 cells. Brain Res. 2002;957:25-36 pubmed..It is concluded that Ca(2+)-evoked exocytosis is modulated mainly by PKC and calcineurin, whereas Pb(2+)-evoked exocytosis is mainly modulated by CaM kinase II. ..
- de Vries K, Wiedmer T, Sims P, Gadella B. Caspase-independent exposure of aminophospholipids and tyrosine phosphorylation in bicarbonate responsive human sperm cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:2122-34 pubmed..The proportion of live cells with PL scrambling corresponded with that showing capacitation-specific chlortetracyclin staining. ..
- van Lelyveld N, Ter Linde J, Schipper M, Samsom M. Serotonergic signalling in the stomach and duodenum of patients with gastroparesis. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2008;20:448-55 pubmed publisher..015). This study suggests that the delayed gastric emptying and upper abdominal symptoms in idiopathic gastroparesis do not result from altered mucosal 5-HT biosynthetic and uptake capacity. ..
- van der Heyden M, Defize L. Twenty one years of P19 cells: what an embryonal carcinoma cell line taught us about cardiomyocyte differentiation. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;58:292-302 pubmed..Here, we review studies on different subclones of P19 cells, and what they have taught us about cardiac differentiation and physiology...
- Brandsma D, van den Bent M. Molecular targeted therapies and chemotherapy in malignant gliomas. Curr Opin Oncol. 2007;19:598-605 pubmed..The role of combined chemo-irradiation for non-glioblastoma multiforme high-grade glioma remains to be identified. ..
- van der Wijk T, Blanchetot C, Overvoorde J, den Hertog J. Redox-regulated rotational coupling of receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase alpha dimers. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13968-74 pubmed..These results show for the first time that a conformational change in the intracellular domain of RPTP alpha led to a change in conformation of the extracellular domains, indicating that RPTPs have the capacity for inside-out signaling. ..
- Hogan B, Herpers R, Witte M, Helotera H, Alitalo K, Duckers H, et al. Vegfc/Flt4 signalling is suppressed by Dll4 in developing zebrafish intersegmental arteries. Development. 2009;136:4001-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that this mechanism contributes to the differential response of developing arteries and veins to a constant source of Vegfc present in the embryo during angiogenesis. ..
- Rijkers G, Griffioen A, Zegers B, Cambier J. Ligation of membrane immunoglobulin leads to inactivation of the signal-transducing ability of membrane immunoglobulin, CD19, CD21, and B-cell gp95. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:8766-70 pubmed
- van der Vuurst de Vries A, Clevers H, Logtenberg T, Meyaard L. Leukocyte-associated immunoglobulin-like receptor-1 (LAIR-1) is differentially expressed during human B cell differentiation and inhibits B cell receptor-mediated signaling. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:3160-7 pubmed..Taken together, this suggests that the inhibitory mechanism of LAIR-1 is functional in multiple components of the hematopoietic system. ..
- Batlle E, Henderson J, Beghtel H, van den Born M, Sancho E, Huls G, et al. Beta-catenin and TCF mediate cell positioning in the intestinal epithelium by controlling the expression of EphB/ephrinB. Cell. 2002;111:251-63 pubmed..We conclude that in the intestinal epithelium beta-catenin and TCF couple proliferation and differentiation to the sorting of cell populations through the EphB/ephrin-B system...
- Harterink M, Kim D, Middelkoop T, Doan T, van Oudenaarden A, Korswagen H. Neuroblast migration along the anteroposterior axis of C. elegans is controlled by opposing gradients of Wnts and a secreted Frizzled-related protein. Development. 2011;138:2915-24 pubmed publisher..Our results in C. elegans support the notion that a system of posterior Wnt signaling and anterior Wnt inhibition is an evolutionarily conserved principle of primary body axis specification. ..
- Farin H, van Es J, Clevers H. Redundant sources of Wnt regulate intestinal stem cells and promote formation of Paneth cells. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:1518-1529.e7 pubmed publisher..Wnt3 signaling is required for growth and development of organoid cultures, whereas nonepithelial Wnt signals could provide a secondary physiological source of Wnt. ..
- Nespital T, Strous G. The Jak/STAT signaling pathway is downregulated at febrile temperatures. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49374 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the signaling response, e.g. via the growth hormone receptor, is reduced. These findings predict that elevated body temperatures lower the responsiveness of cytokine receptors. ..
- Buitenhuis M, Verhagen L, van Deutekom H, Castor A, Verploegen S, Koenderman L, et al. Protein kinase B (c-akt) regulates hematopoietic lineage choice decisions during myelopoiesis. Blood. 2008;111:112-21 pubmed..These results identify an important novel role for PKB in regulation of cell fate choices during hematopoietic lineage commitment. ..
- Brondijk T, de Ruiter T, Ballering J, Wienk H, Lebbink R, van Ingen H, et al. Crystal structure and collagen-binding site of immune inhibitory receptor LAIR-1: unexpected implications for collagen binding by platelet receptor GPVI. Blood. 2010;115:1364-73 pubmed publisher..This fundamental insight will contribute to the exploration of specific means of intervention in collagen-induced signaling in immunity and hemostasis. ..
- Nijkamp M, Hoogwater F, Govaert K, Steller E, Verheem A, Kranenburg O, et al. A role for CD95 signaling in ischemia/reperfusion-induced invasion and outgrowth of colorectal micrometastases in mouse liver. J Surg Oncol. 2011;104:198-204 pubmed publisher..I/R induces invasion and accelerated outgrowth of preestablished metastases in a CD95-dependent manner. Activation of the CD95 system following I/R not only contributes to liver injury, but may also promote aggressive tumor recurrence. ..
- Rygiel T, Karnam G, Goverse G, van der Marel A, Greuter M, van Schaarenburg R, et al. CD200-CD200R signaling suppresses anti-tumor responses independently of CD200 expression on the tumor. Oncogene. 2012;31:2979-88 pubmed publisher..This important paradigm shift leads to a much broader applicability of CD200-blockade in the treatment of tumors. ..
- Tournoij E, Koekman C, Du V, Roest M, Ruijtenbeek R, Moll F, et al. The platelet P2Y12 receptor contributes to granule secretion through Ephrin A4 receptor. Platelets. 2012;23:617-25 pubmed publisher..These results show that platelet EphA4 is an important intermediate in P2Y(12)-induced granule secretion. ..
- Gerritsen B, Pandit A. The memory of a killer T cell: models of CD8(+) T cell differentiation. Immunol Cell Biol. 2016;94:236-41 pubmed publisher..In this article, we review the recent quantitative studies that support different hypotheses of CD8(+) T-cell differentiation. ..
- Kloosterman W, Coebergh van den Braak R, Pieterse M, van Roosmalen M, Sieuwerts A, Stangl C, et al. A Systematic Analysis of Oncogenic Gene Fusions in Primary Colon Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3814-3822 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified several novel oncogenic gene fusions in colorectal cancer that may drive malignant development and offer new targets for personalized therapy. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3814-22. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Zwijsen A, Goumans M, Lawson K, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Ectopic expression of the transforming growth factor beta type II receptor disrupts mesoderm organisation during mouse gastrulation. Dev Dyn. 1999;214:141-51 pubmed
- da Costa Martins P, Salic K, Gladka M, Armand A, Leptidis S, el Azzouzi H, et al. MicroRNA-199b targets the nuclear kinase Dyrk1a in an auto-amplification loop promoting calcineurin/NFAT signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1220-7 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that microRNAs affect cardiac cellular signalling and gene expression, and implicate miR-199b as a therapeutic target in heart failure. ..
- Rijkers E, de Ruiter T, Buitenhuis M, Veninga H, Hoek R, Meyaard L. Ligation of CD200R by CD200 is not required for normal murine myelopoiesis. Eur J Haematol. 2007;79:410-6 pubmed..We conclude that CD200(-/-) mice exhibit normal myelopoiesis and that development of leukaemia in Dok-1/Dok-2 DKO mice is not caused by a lack of CD200-mediated CD200R signalling. ..
- van Meel E, Boonen M, Zhao H, Oorschot V, Ross F, Kornfeld S, et al. Disruption of the Man-6-P targeting pathway in mice impairs osteoclast secretory lysosome biogenesis. Traffic. 2011;12:912-24 pubmed publisher..However, cathepsin D targeting was intact, showing that osteoclasts have a Man-6-P-independent pathway for selected acid hydrolases. ..
- Macurek L, Lindqvist A, Medema R. Aurora-A and hBora join the game of Polo. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4555-8 pubmed publisher..Such insight is important for the expected utility of small-molecule inhibitors targeting Plk1 or Aurora-A, and it might help us to improve their application. ..
- Arslan F, Lai R, Smeets M, Akeroyd L, Choo A, Aguor E, et al. Mesenchymal stem cell-derived exosomes increase ATP levels, decrease oxidative stress and activate PI3K/Akt pathway to enhance myocardial viability and prevent adverse remodeling after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury. Stem Cell Res. 2013;10:301-12 pubmed publisher..Hence, mesenchymal stem cell-derived exosomes are a potential adjuvant to reperfusion therapy for myocardial infarction. ..
- Bleijerveld O, van Holten T, Preisinger C, van der Smagt J, Farndale R, Kleefstra T, et al. Targeted phosphotyrosine profiling of glycoprotein VI signaling implicates oligophrenin-1 in platelet filopodia formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:1538-43 pubmed publisher..To illustrate the strength of such data, functional follow-up of OPHN1 in human platelets deficient in this protein showed reduced filopodia formation on collagen, an important parameter of platelet hemostatic function. ..
- Albers Wolthers C, de Gier J, Walen M, van Kooten P, Lambalk C, Leegwater P, et al. In vitro and in vivo effects of kisspeptin antagonists p234, p271, p354, and p356 on GPR54 activation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179156 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, p234, p271, p354, and p356 had no antagonistic effects in vitro nor any effect on basal and kisspeptin-stimulated plasma LH concentration in female dogs. ..
- van der Flier L, Sabates Bellver J, Oving I, Haegebarth A, De Palo M, Anti M, et al. The Intestinal Wnt/TCF Signature. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:628-32 pubmed..The genes were invariably expressed in adenomas, yet could be subdivided into 3 modules, based on expression in distinct crypt compartments. A module of 17 genes was specifically expressed at the position of the crypt stem cell. ..