Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on polymerase chain reaction in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Topic: polymerase chain reaction
- Nijhof A, Bodaan C, Postigo M, Nieuwenhuijs H, Opsteegh M, Franssen L, et al. Ticks and associated pathogens collected from domestic animals in the Netherlands. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2007;7:585-95 pubmed..canis infection. We concluded that a much broader spectrum of ticks and tick-borne pathogens is present in the Netherlands than previously thought, including several potential zoonotic pathogens. ..
- van de Werken H, de Vree P, Splinter E, Holwerda S, Klous P, de Wit E, et al. 4C technology: protocols and data analysis. Methods Enzymol. 2012;513:89-112 pubmed publisher..We describe in detail the mapping strategy of 4C-seq reads and show advanced strategies for data analysis. ..
- Scheffer P, van der Schoot C, Page Christiaens G, de Haas M. Noninvasive fetal blood group genotyping of rhesus D, c, E and of K in alloimmunised pregnant women: evaluation of a 7-year clinical experience. BJOG. 2011;118:1340-8 pubmed publisher..Noninvasive fetal blood group genotyping is accurate and applicable in a clinical diagnostic setting. ..
- Moelans C, de Weger R, van Blokland M, van der Wall E, van Diest P. Simultaneous detection of TOP2A and HER2 gene amplification by multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification in breast cancer. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:62-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MLPA is an easy and accurate method to simultaneously detect breast cancer HER-2/neu and TopoII alpha copy number status in paraffin-embedded tissue, and thus an attractive supplement or alternative to CISH. ..
- van Elden L, van Loon A, van der Beek A, Hendriksen K, Hoepelman A, van Kraaij M, et al. Applicability of a real-time quantitative PCR assay for diagnosis of respiratory syncytial virus infection in immunocompromised adults. J Clin Microbiol. 2003;41:4378-81 pubmed..None of the clinical specimens derived from patients without signs of respiratory illness were found to be positive for RSV by real-time TaqMan PCR. ..
- de Jong R, Daniels M, Kaptein R, Folkers G. Enzyme free cloning for high throughput gene cloning and expression. J Struct Funct Genomics. 2006;7:109-18 pubmed..EFC proves an efficient and robust HTP cloning method, that is compatible with existing Ligation Independent Cloning vectors, and highly suitable for automation. ..
- Verboon Maciolek M, Krediet T, Gerards L, de Vries L, Groenendaal F, van Loon A. Severe neonatal parechovirus infection and similarity with enterovirus infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2008;27:241-5 pubmed publisher..Neonates with PeV or EV infection present with sepsis-like illness and the most frequent signs are fever, seizures, irritability, rash, and feeding problems. ..
- van de Pol A, Wolfs T, Jansen N, Kimpen J, van Loon A, Rossen J. Human bocavirus and KI/WU polyomaviruses in pediatric intensive care patients. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:454-7 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of these viruses was 5.1%, 0%, and 2.6%, respectively, in children with LRTI and 4.8%, 4.8%, and 2.4%, respectively, in those without LRTI. ..
- Leon Reyes A, van der Does D, de Lange E, Delker C, Wasternack C, van Wees S, et al. Salicylate-mediated suppression of jasmonate-responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis is targeted downstream of the jasmonate biosynthesis pathway. Planta. 2010;232:1423-32 pubmed publisher..2 expression to the same level in the aos/dde2 mutant as in wild-type Col-0 plants, indicating that SA-mediated suppression of JA-responsive gene expression is targeted at a position downstream of the JA biosynthesis pathway. ..
- van Rens M, Eijken E, Elbers J, Lammers J, Tilanus M, Slootweg P. p53 mutation analysis for definite diagnosis of multiple primary lung carcinoma. Cancer. 2002;94:188-96 pubmed..However, in patients not meeting these criteria, the diagnosis of multiple lung carcinoma still has to be considered, and metastatic disease has to be ruled out. P53 mutation analysis can be helpful for this purpose. ..
- Bovers M, Hagen F, Kuramae E, Diaz M, Spanjaard L, Dromer F, et al. Unique hybrids between the fungal pathogens Cryptococcus neoformans and Cryptococcus gattii. FEMS Yeast Res. 2006;6:599-607 pubmed..Mating- and serotype-specific PCR reactions showed that the strains were MATa-serotype D/MATalpha-serotype B. This study is the first to describe naturally occurring hybrids between C. neoformans and C. gattii. ..
- Otsen M, Hoekstra R, Plas M, Buntjer J, Lenstra J, Roos M. Amplified fragment length polymorphism analysis of genetic diversity of Haemonchus contortus during selection for drug resistance. Int J Parasitol. 2001;31:1138-43 pubmed..This selection however has little or no effect on the extent of the genetic diversity of these resistant isolates. Implications for more sustainable control methods are discussed. ..
- Klemm S, Semrau S, Wiebrands K, Mooijman D, Faddah D, Jaenisch R, et al. Transcriptional profiling of cells sorted by RNA abundance. Nat Methods. 2014;11:549-551 pubmed publisher..This method is broadly applicable to profiling transcriptionally distinct cellular states without requiring antibodies or transgenic fluorescent proteins. ..
- Olsson M, Kierczak M, Karlsson A, Jabłońska J, Leegwater P, Koltookian M, et al. Absolute quantification reveals the stable transmission of a high copy number variant linked to autoinflammatory disease. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:299 pubmed publisher..In its current form, the ddPCR test presented here could be used in canine breeding to reduce the number of homozygote CNV_16.1|5 individuals and thereby to reduce the prevalence of disease in this breed. ..
- Bowles E, Freyée B, van Ingen J, Mulder B, Boeree M, van Soolingen D. Xpert MTB/RIF®, a novel automated polymerase chain reaction-based tool for the diagnosis of tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011;15:988-9 pubmed publisher..0% (23/25) and for RMP resistance it was 100% (8/8). The test is simple to conduct and requires basic sputum handling facilities only. These characteristics render it a promising close-to-patient test for TB in various settings. ..
- Mooij S, Boot H, Speksnijder A, Stolte I, Meijer C, Snijders P, et al. Oral human papillomavirus infection in HIV-negative and HIV-infected MSM. AIDS. 2013;27:2117-28 pubmed publisher..Oral HPV infection is very common among MSM. HIV infection was independently associated with high-risk oral HPV infection, suggesting an important role of HIV in oral HPV infection. ..
- Paris D, Kuijk E, Roelen B, Stout T. Establishing reference genes for use in real-time quantitative PCR analysis of early equine embryos. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2011;23:353-63 pubmed publisher..SRP14, RPL4 and PGK1 are stable reference genes suitable for normalising expression for genes of interest during in vivo morula to expanded blastocyst development of horse embryos. ..
- Jacobs F, Veenvliet J, Almirza W, Hoekstra E, von Oerthel L, van der Linden A, et al. Retinoic acid-dependent and -independent gene-regulatory pathways of Pitx3 in meso-diencephalic dopaminergic neurons. Development. 2011;138:5213-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data reveal several RA-dependent and -independent aspects of the Pitx3-regulated gene cascade, suggesting that Pitx3 acts on multiple levels in the molecular subset-specification of mdDA neurons. ..
- Rijnders R, Christiaens G, Bossers B, van der Smagt J, van der Schoot C, de Haas M. Clinical applications of cell-free fetal DNA from maternal plasma. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;103:157-64 pubmed..To describe our clinical experience with detection and analysis of cell-free fetal DNA derived from maternal plasma for prenatal sexing and fetal rhesus-D typing...
- Ketting R, Fischer S, Bernstein E, Sijen T, Hannon G, Plasterk R. Dicer functions in RNA interference and in synthesis of small RNA involved in developmental timing in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2654-9 pubmed..dcr-1 mutants show a defect in RNAi. Furthermore, a combination of phenotypic abnormalities and RNA analysis suggests a role for dcr-1 in a regulatory pathway comprised of small temporal RNA (let-7) and its target (e.g., lin-41). ..
- Tobias T, Bouma A, Daemen A, Wagenaar J, Stegeman A, Klinkenberg D. Association between transmission rate and disease severity for Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae infection in pigs. Vet Res. 2013;44:2 pubmed publisher..pleuropneumoniae are unlikely to be caused only by spread of the pathogen by clinically diseased pigs, but may rather be the result of development of clinical signs in already infected pigs. ..
- Vlam L, Cats E, Seelen M, Van Vught P, van den Berg L, van der Pol W. Multifocal motor neuropathy is not associated with genetic variation in PTPN22, BANK1, Blk, FCGR2B, CD1A/E, and TAG-1 genes. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2011;16:175-9 pubmed publisher..15) and disease characteristics were not associated with SNP genotypes. Our results suggest that allelic variation in these genes does not play a major role in determining MMN susceptibility. ..
- de Visser L, Braakenburg A, Rothova A, De Boer J. Rubella virus-associated uveitis: clinical manifestations and visual prognosis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2008;146:292-7 pubmed publisher..To investigate the clinical profile of patients with chronic anterior uveitis and intraocular analyses positive for intraocular Rubella virus infection and assess eventual similarities to Fuchs heterochromic uveitis (FHU)...
- Vredendaal P, van den Berg I, Malingre H, Stroobants A, Olde Weghuis D, Berger R. Human short-chain L-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase: cloning and characterization of the coding sequence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;223:718-23 pubmed..Northern blot analysis reveals SCHAD mRNA to be expressed in liver, kidney, pancreas, heart and skeletal muscle. The human SCHAD gene was mapped by fluorescence in situ hybridization to chromosome 4q22-26. ..
- Rao N, van Wolferen M, van den Ham R, van Leenen D, Groot Koerkamp M, Holstege F, et al. cDNA microarray profiles of canine mammary tumour cell lines reveal deregulated pathways pertaining to their phenotype. Anim Genet. 2008;39:333-45 pubmed publisher..In addition these cell lines can be used to further investigate identified deregulated pathways and characterize until now unannotated genes. ..
- de Groot Mijnes J, Rothova A, van Loon A, Schuller M, Ten Dam van Loon N, De Boer J, et al. Polymerase chain reaction and Goldmann-Witmer coefficient analysis are complimentary for the diagnosis of infectious uveitis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2006;141:313-8 pubmed..Therefore, both PCR and GWC determination might be performed for comprehensive diagnosis of intraocular infections. ..
- Kwakkel van Erp J, van de Graaf E, Paantjens A, van Ginkel W, Schellekens J, van Kessel D, et al. The killer immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) group A haplotype is associated with bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after lung transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008;27:995-1001 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the lack of activating KIRs may play an important role in the development of BOS but not in the control of cytomegalovirus reactivation after lung transplantation. ..
- Westeneng A, Rothova A, De Boer J, de Groot Mijnes J. Infectious uveitis in immunocompromised patients and the diagnostic value of polymerase chain reaction and Goldmann-Witmer coefficient in aqueous analysis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;144:781-5 pubmed..To establish the causes of uveitis in immunocompromised patients and to determine the contribution of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and Goldmann-Witmer coefficient (GWC) analysis of aqueous humor in patients with an infectious etiology...
- Bussmann J, Schulte Merker S. Rapid BAC selection for tol2-mediated transgenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:4327-32 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we provide evidence that BAC size shows no apparent correlation to the transgenesis rate achieved and that there are no severe position effects. ..
- Bruggink A, de Jonge N, Van Oosterhout M, van Wichen D, de Koning E, Lahpor J, et al. Brain natriuretic peptide is produced both by cardiomyocytes and cells infiltrating the heart in patients with severe heart failure supported by a left ventricular assist device. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2006;25:174-80 pubmed..Unloading of the left ventricle by a LVAD results in decreased BNP expression in the heart and plasma and may play an important role in the reverse remodeling process of the heart. ..
- Hanson J, Mol J, Meij B. Expression of leukemia inhibitory factor and leukemia inhibitory factor receptor in the canine pituitary gland and corticotrope adenomas. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2010;38:260-71 pubmed publisher..Nuclear immunoreactivity for LIFR in nontumorous cells of the pars distalis may indicate the presence of a corticotrope adenoma. ..
- van Nieuwenhuijzen E, Houbraken J, Meijer M, Adan O, Samson R. Aureobasidium melanogenum: a native of dark biofinishes on oil treated wood. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2016;109:661-83 pubmed publisher..melanogenum is predominant within the Aureobasidium population of biofinishes on pine sapwood treated with raw linseed oil and the outdoor placement in the Netherlands. ..
- Galac S, Kool M, Naan E, Daminet S, Mol J, Kooistra H. Expression of the ACTH receptor, steroidogenic acute regulatory protein, and steroidogenic enzymes in canine cortisol-secreting adrenocortical tumors. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2010;39:259-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RT-PCR analysis revealed no overexpression of StAR and steroidogenic enzymes in canine cortisol-secreting ATs. Significant downregulation of ACTH-R in carcinomas might be associated with the malignant character of the AT...
- den Hertog J, Pals C, Jonk L, Kruijer W. Differential expression of a novel murine non-receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase during differentiation of P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:1241-9 pubmed..P19-PTP is differentially expressed during in vitro differentiation of P19 EC cells, in that P19-PTP mRNA could only be detected in embryoid bodies, derived from P19 cells. ..
- Ikawaty R, Brouwer E, Jansen M, van Duijkeren E, Mevius D, Verhoef J, et al. Characterization of Dutch Staphylococcus aureus from bovine mastitis using a Multiple Locus Variable Number Tandem Repeat Analysis. Vet Microbiol. 2009;136:277-84 pubmed publisher..PFGE, MLST, and MLVA are adequate typing methods for bovine-associated S. aureus...
- Roelen B, Goumans M, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Differential expression of BMP receptors in early mouse development. Int J Dev Biol. 1997;41:541-9 pubmed..In postimplantation embryos BMPR-II transcripts were first detected from 6.0 days post coitum. In situ hybridization analysis revealed that BMPR-II mRNA is ubiquitously expressed in the entire embryo at least until midgestation. ..
- Reimers M, Bastiaannet E, Langley R, van Eijk R, van Vlierberghe R, Lemmens V, et al. Expression of HLA class I antigen, aspirin use, and survival after a diagnosis of colon cancer. JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174:732-9 pubmed publisher..Increased PTGS2 expression or the presence of mutated PIK3CA did not predict benefit from aspirin. HLA class I antigen might serve as a predictive biomarker for adjuvant aspirin therapy in colon cancer. ..
- Lipman L, Tienhoven N, Gaastr W. [The presence of Capnocytophaga canimorsus and Capnocytophaga cynodegmi in companion animals in the Netherlands]. Tijdschr Diergeneeskd. 2011;136:490-2 pubmed..canimorsus is high. Therefore owners of cats and dogs should be informed about this risk especially if the owners belong to specific risk groups like elderly people, pregnant women, young children and immune deficient patients...
- Fischer J, Bscheider M, Eisenkolb G, Lin C, Wintges A, Otten V, et al. RIG-I/MAVS and STING signaling promote gut integrity during irradiation- and immune-mediated tissue injury. Sci Transl Med. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Targeting these pathways may help to prevent acute intestinal injury and GVHD during allogeneic transplantation. ..
- Kerkhoff F, Bergmans A, van der Zee A, Rothova A. Demonstration of Bartonella grahamii DNA in ocular fluids of a patient with neuroretinitis. J Clin Microbiol. 1999;37:4034-8 pubmed..This is the first report that demonstrates the presence of a Bartonella species in the intraocular fluids of a nonimmunocompromised patient and that indicates that B. grahamii is pathogenic for humans...
- Korstanje R, O Brien P, Yang F, Rens W, Bosma A, van Lith H, et al. Complete homology maps of the rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus) and human by reciprocal chromosome painting. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;86:317-22 pubmed..Many conserved chromosome segments found previously in other mammals (e.g. cat, pig, cattle, Indian muntjac) were also found to be conserved in rabbit chromosomes...
- Ploos van Amstel J, Bergman A, van Beurden E, Roijers J, Peelen T, van den Berg I, et al. Hereditary tyrosinemia type 1: novel missense, nonsense and splice consensus mutations in the human fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase gene; variability of the genotype-phenotype relationship. Hum Genet. 1996;97:51-9 pubmed..No strict correlation between genotype and phenotype, i.e. the acute, subacute or chronic form of HT 1, was evident. ..
- Landsvater R, Jansen R, Hofstra R, Buys C, Lips C, Ploos van Amstel H. Mutation analysis of the RET proto-oncogene in Dutch families with MEN 2A, MEN 2B and FMTC: two novel mutations and one de novo mutation for MEN 2A. Hum Genet. 1996;97:11-4 pubmed..Identification of the RET mutation in the Dutch population with hereditary C-cell carcinoma facilitates genetic testing for families or individuals at risk for MEN 2A, FMTC, and MEN 2B. ..
- Rothova A, De Boer J, Ten Dam van Loon N, Postma G, de Visser L, Zuurveen S, et al. Usefulness of aqueous humor analysis for the diagnosis of posterior uveitis. Ophthalmology. 2008;115:306-11 pubmed..To assess the clinical usefulness of aqueous fluid analysis for the diagnosis and treatment of patients suspected of having infectious posterior uveitis (PU)...
- Wienholds E, Schulte Merker S, Walderich B, Plasterk R. Target-selected inactivation of the zebrafish rag1 gene. Science. 2002;297:99-102 pubmed..As sperm samples from all 2679 F1 fish were collected and cryopreserved, we have in principle generated a mutant library from which mutants of most zebrafish genes can be isolated. ..
- Koop G, De Visscher A, Collar C, Bacon D, Maga E, Murray J, et al. Short communication: Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococcus species from goat milk with the API Staph identification test and with transfer RNA-intergenic spacer PCR combined with capillary electrophoresis. J Dairy Sci. 2012;95:7200-5 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that the overall performance of API Staph in differentiating CNS species from goat milk was moderate to low, mainly because of the low typeability, and that genotypic methods such as tDNA-PCR are preferred. ..
- van de Ven A, van de Corput L, van Tilburg C, Tesselaar K, van Gent R, Sanders E, et al. Lymphocyte characteristics in children with common variable immunodeficiency. Clin Immunol. 2010;135:63-71 pubmed publisher..A pediatric classification for CVID may enable prediction and early diagnosis of disease related complications and provide a framework for further etiologic research. ..
- van den Berg I, van Beurden E, Malingre H, van Amstel H, Poll The B, Smeitink J, et al. X-linked liver phosphorylase kinase deficiency is associated with mutations in the human liver phosphorylase kinase alpha subunit. Am J Hum Genet. 1995;56:381-7 pubmed..On the basis of these results, it is postulated that the mutations found are responsible for liver PhK deficiency in the two patients investigated. ..
- Wolters V, Verbeek W, Zhernakova A, Onland Moret C, Schreurs M, Monsuur A, et al. The MYO9B gene is a strong risk factor for developing refractory celiac disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;5:1399-405, 1405.e1-2 pubmed..0-9.6, respectively), but there was no evidence for any interaction between these 2 risk factors. We show that both MYO9B and HLA-DQ2 homozygosity might be involved in the prognosis of CD and the chance of developing RCD II and EATL. ..
- Castrop J, van Norren K, Clevers H. A gene family of HMG-box transcription factors with homology to TCF-1. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:611 pubmed
- Wassenberg M, Kluytmans J, Box A, Bosboom R, Buiting A, van Elzakker E, et al. Rapid screening of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus using PCR and chromogenic agar: a prospective study to evaluate costs and effects. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2010;16:1754-61 pubmed publisher..79 per patient. Rapid diagnostic testing safely reduces the number of unnecessary isolation days, but only chromogenic screening, and not PCR-based screening, can be considered as cost saving. ..
- Kirpensteijn J, Kik M, Teske E, Rutteman G. TP53 gene mutations in canine osteosarcoma. Vet Surg. 2008;37:454-60 pubmed publisher..01) and tumor grade (P=.01). TP53 genetic mutations are common in canine OS and may have a prognostic value. Mutations of the TP53 gene may influence survival and should be considered when evaluating canine OS. ..
- van Houte L, Chuprina V, van der Wetering M, Boelens R, Kaptein R, Clevers H. Solution structure of the sequence-specific HMG box of the lymphocyte transcriptional activator Sox-4. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:30516-24 pubmed..As in HMG1B, the overall structure of the Sox-4 HMG box is L-shaped and is maintained by a cluster of conserved, mainly aromatic residues. ..
- Langeveld D, van Hattem W, de Leng W, Morsink F, ten Kate F, Giardiello F, et al. SMAD4 immunohistochemistry reflects genetic status in juvenile polyposis syndrome. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4126-34 pubmed publisher..Instead, different routes to neoplasia in JPS caused by germline SMAD4 mutation seem to be operative, including somatic loss of SMAD4 and p53 inactivation without somatic loss of SMAD4. ..
- Zivkovic Z, Nijhof A, De La Fuente J, Kocan K, Jongejan F. Experimental transmission of Anaplasma marginale by male Dermacentor reticulatus. BMC Vet Res. 2007;3:32 pubmed..as a vector of A. marginale in the United States, we tested the vector competency of D. reticulatus for A. marginale...
- Denys D, Van Nieuwerburgh F, Deforce D, Westenberg H. Association between serotonergic candidate genes and specific phenotypes of obsessive compulsive disorder. J Affect Disord. 2006;91:39-44 pubmed..Our data yields interesting preliminary results as regards the genetic underpinnings of OCD phenotypes that warrant further discussion and investigation. ..
- Eizema K, van den Burg M, Kiri A, Dingboom E, van Oudheusden H, Goldspink G, et al. Differential expression of equine myosin heavy-chain mRNA and protein isoforms in a limb muscle. J Histochem Cytochem. 2003;51:1207-16 pubmed publisher..This discrepancy was most likely not due to differential mRNA expression of myonuclei...
- de Vet E, van den Bosch H. Nucleotide sequence of alkyl-dihydroxyacetonephosphate synthase cDNA from Dictyostelium discoideum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;252:629-33 pubmed..This D. discoideum homolog carries a variant of the peroxisomal targeting signal type 1 at its C-terminus (PKL). Expression of the cDNA in Escherichia coli yielded an enzymatically active protein. ..
- Kamphuis S, Kavelaars A, Brooimans R, Kuis W, Zegers B, Heijnen C. T helper 2 cytokines induce preproenkephalin mRNA expression and proenkephalin A in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. J Neuroimmunol. 1997;79:91-9 pubmed..IL-4 and IL-10 do not induce PPE mRNA via the same pathways. We could observe that PKA is involved in IL-4 mediated PPE mRNA induction, whereas IL-10 apparently uses another route. ..
- van Rheenen W, van Blitterswijk M, Huisman M, Vlam L, van Doormaal P, Seelen M, et al. Hexanucleotide repeat expansions in C9ORF72 in the spectrum of motor neuron diseases. Neurology. 2012;79:878-82 pubmed publisher..Patients who carry the repeat expansion have an earlier onset, shorter survival, and familial aggregation of dementia. These results challenge the classic definition of fALS and may justify genetic testing in patients with sALS. ..
- Galac S, Kars V, Klarenbeek S, Teerds K, Mol J, Kooistra H. Expression of receptors for luteinizing hormone, gastric-inhibitory polypeptide, and vasopressin in normal adrenal glands and cortisol-secreting adrenocortical tumors in dogs. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2010;39:63-75 pubmed publisher..However, the ectopic expression of GIP and V(2) receptor proteins in tumorous zona fasciculata tissue may play a role in the pathogenesis of canine cortisol-secreting ATs. ..
- Trzcinski K, Bogaert D, Wyllie A, Chu M, van der Ende A, Bruin J, et al. Superiority of trans-oral over trans-nasal sampling in detecting Streptococcus pneumoniae colonization in adults. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60520 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that pneumococcal colonization is more common in adults than previously estimated and point towards the superiority of a trans-oral over a trans-nasal approach when testing adults for colonization with S. pneumoniae. ..
- Schalekamp T, van Geest Daalderop J, de Vries Goldschmeding H, Conemans J, Bernsen Mj M, de Boer A. Acenocoumarol stabilization is delayed in CYP2C93 carriers. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2004;75:394-402 pubmed..CYP2C9 genotyping could be useful to identify potential candidates for more frequent INR controls to minimize problems with acenocoumarol anticoagulation status. ..
- Wensing B, Relvas L, Caspers L, Valentincic N, Stunf S, de Groot Mijnes J, et al. Comparison of rubella virus- and herpes virus-associated anterior uveitis: clinical manifestations and visual prognosis. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:1905-10 pubmed publisher..To compare the clinical characteristics and visual prognosis of patients with anterior uveitis (AU) and intraocular fluid analysis positive for rubella virus (RV), herpes simplex virus (HSV), or varicella zoster virus (VZV)...
- van de Wetering M, Cavallo R, Dooijes D, van Beest M, van Es J, Loureiro J, et al. Armadillo coactivates transcription driven by the product of the Drosophila segment polarity gene dTCF. Cell. 1997;88:789-99 pubmed..Epistasis analysis positions dTCF downstream of armadillo. The Armadillo-dTCF complex mediates Wingless signaling as a bipartite transcription factor. ..