Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Publications410 found, 100 shown here
- van Bleek G, Osterhaus A, De Swart R. RSV 2010: Recent advances in research on respiratory syncytial virus and other pneumoviruses. Vaccine. 2011;29:7285-91 pubmed publisher..The current report presents highlights of the meeting, covering topics from basic virology, pathogenesis and immunology to clinical studies, therapeutics and vaccine development. ..
- de Haan C, Masters P, Shen X, Weiss S, Rottier P. The group-specific murine coronavirus genes are not essential, but their deletion, by reverse genetics, is attenuating in the natural host. Virology. 2002;296:177-89 pubmed..Therefore, deletion of the coronavirus group-specific genes seems to provide an attractive approach to generate attenuated live coronavirus vaccines...
- van Veen T, Stein M, Royer A, Le Quang K, Charpentier F, Colledge W, et al. Impaired impulse propagation in Scn5a-knockout mice: combined contribution of excitability, connexin expression, and tissue architecture in relation to aging. Circulation. 2005;112:1927-35 pubmed..In aged HZ mice, reduced Scn5a expression is accompanied by the presence of reactive fibrosis and disarrangement of gap junctions, which results in profound conduction impairment. ..
- Dansen T, Smits L, van Triest M, de Keizer P, van Leenen D, Koerkamp M, et al. Redox-sensitive cysteines bridge p300/CBP-mediated acetylation and FoxO4 activity. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:664-72 pubmed publisher..These findings directly link cellular redox status to the activity of the longevity protein FoxO. ..
- Galli G, Carrara M, Yuan W, Valdes Quezada C, Gurung B, Pepe Mooney B, et al. YAP Drives Growth by Controlling Transcriptional Pause Release from Dynamic Enhancers. Mol Cell. 2015;60:328-37 pubmed publisher..Our results here uncover the molecular mechanisms employed by YAP to exert its growth and oncogenic functions, and suggest strategies for intervention. ..
- Raaben M, Prins H, Martens A, Rottier P, de Haan C. Non-invasive imaging of mouse hepatitis coronavirus infection reveals determinants of viral replication and spread in vivo. Cell Microbiol. 2009;11:825-41 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights in coronavirus pathogenesis and demonstrate the potential of BLI to study coronavirus-host interactions in vivo. ..
- Hoekstra E, Mesman S, de Munnik W, Smidt M. LMX1B is part of a transcriptional complex with PSPC1 and PSF. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53122 pubmed publisher..The identification of these proteins suggests that Lmx1b may act directly in the transcriptional activation of Nurr1 target genes and be involved in other processes like neurite outgrowth as well. ..
- Wensink A, Kemp V, Fermie J, Garcia Laorden M, van der Poll T, Hack C, et al. Granzyme K synergistically potentiates LPS-induced cytokine responses in human monocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5974-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that extracellular GrK is an unexpected direct modulator of LPS-TLR4 signaling during the antimicrobial innate immune response. ..
- Kleibeuker W, Jurado Pueyo M, Murga C, Eijkelkamp N, Mayor F, Heijnen C, et al. Physiological changes in GRK2 regulate CCL2-induced signaling to ERK1/2 and Akt but not to MEK1/2 and calcium. J Neurochem. 2008;104:979-92 pubmed
- Schijf M, Kerperien J, Bastiaans J, Szklany K, Meerding J, Hofman G, et al. Alterations in regulatory T cells induced by specific oligosaccharides improve vaccine responsiveness in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75148 pubmed publisher..The modulation of Tregs to control immune responses provides an additional arm of intervention using alternative strategies possibly leading to the development of improved vaccines. ..
- Roelen B, Goumans M, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Differential expression of BMP receptors in early mouse development. Int J Dev Biol. 1997;41:541-9 pubmed..In postimplantation embryos BMPR-II transcripts were first detected from 6.0 days post coitum. In situ hybridization analysis revealed that BMPR-II mRNA is ubiquitously expressed in the entire embryo at least until midgestation. ..
- Zwijsen A, Goumans M, Lawson K, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Ectopic expression of the transforming growth factor beta type II receptor disrupts mesoderm organisation during mouse gastrulation. Dev Dyn. 1999;214:141-51 pubmed
- Korteweg N, Maia A, Thompson B, Roubos E, Burbach J, Verhage M. The role of Munc18-1 in docking and exocytosis of peptide hormone vesicles in the anterior pituitary. Biol Cell. 2005;97:445-55 pubmed..2000). We conclude that Munc18-1 is involved in the secretion of peptide hormones and in the docking of LDCVs. These results unmask an apparent mechanistic difference between LDCVs and synaptic vesicles. ..
- Rijkers E, de Ruiter T, Buitenhuis M, Veninga H, Hoek R, Meyaard L. Ligation of CD200R by CD200 is not required for normal murine myelopoiesis. Eur J Haematol. 2007;79:410-6 pubmed..We conclude that CD200(-/-) mice exhibit normal myelopoiesis and that development of leukaemia in Dok-1/Dok-2 DKO mice is not caused by a lack of CD200-mediated CD200R signalling. ..
- Kas M, de Mooij van Malsen J, de Krom M, van Gassen K, van Lith H, Olivier B, et al. High-resolution genetic mapping of mammalian motor activity levels in mice. Genes Brain Behav. 2009;8:13-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a novel QTL and a potential downstream target underlying motor circuitry development and the expression of physical activity levels. ..
- Timmers L, Van Keulen J, Hoefer I, Meijs M, van Middelaar B, Den Ouden K, et al. Targeted deletion of nuclear factor kappaB p50 enhances cardiac remodeling and dysfunction following myocardial infarction. Circ Res. 2009;104:699-706 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, targeted deletion of NF-kappaB p50 results in enhanced cardiac remodeling and functional deterioration following myocardial infarction by increasing matrix remodeling and inflammation. ..
- van Beers M, Sauerborn M, Gilli F, Hermeling S, Brinks V, Schellekens H, et al. Hybrid transgenic immune tolerant mouse model for assessing the breaking of B cell tolerance by human interferon beta. J Immunol Methods. 2010;352:32-7 pubmed publisher..This suggests that pegylation did not affect the potential of rhIFNbeta-1a to break B cell tolerance. ..
- Timmers H, Tora L. The spectacular landscape of chromatin and ncRNAs under the Tico sunlight. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:147-9 pubmed publisher..Important discussion points were the dynamic aspects of chromatin and the ever-increasing involvement of non-coding RNAs in chromatin and epigenetic mechanisms. ..
- Spruijt C, Bartels S, Brinkman A, Tjeertes J, Poser I, Stunnenberg H, et al. CDK2AP1/DOC-1 is a bona fide subunit of the Mi-2/NuRD complex. Mol Biosyst. 2010;6:1700-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, immunofluorescence experiments reveal co-localization between MBD2 and DOC-1 in mouse NIH-3T3 nuclei. Collectively, these results indicate that DOC-1 is a bona fide subunit of the Mi-2/NuRD chromatin remodeling complex. ..
- Van den Heuvel D, Hellemons A, Pasterkamp R. Spatiotemporal expression of repulsive guidance molecules (RGMs) and their receptor neogenin in the mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55828 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results presented here will serve as a framework for further dissection of the role of RGM-Neogenin signaling during neural development. ..
- Feijen A, Goumans M, van den Eijnden van Raaij A. Expression of activin subunits, activin receptors and follistatin in postimplantation mouse embryos suggests specific developmental functions for different activins. Development. 1994;120:3621-37 pubmed..Taken together, the present data suggest that follistatin, but not one of the known activin forms (A,B,AB) is involved in early postimplantation development.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- de Winter J, de Vries C, van Achterberg T, Ameerun R, Feijen A, Sugino H, et al. Truncated activin type II receptors inhibit bioactivity by the formation of heteromeric complexes with activin type I. receptors. Exp Cell Res. 1996;224:323-34 pubmed..Furthermore, our data indicate that truncated type IIA receptors can interact with other type I receptors and as such might inhibit signal transduction by type I receptors other than activin type IA and type IB receptors. ..
- Roelen B, van Eijk M, Van Rooijen M, Bevers M, Larson J, Lewin H, et al. Molecular cloning, genetic mapping, and developmental expression of a bovine transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) type I receptor. Mol Reprod Dev. 1998;49:1-9 pubmed..The mRNA expression patterns of TGF-beta receptor types I, II, and III in a variety of bovine organ tissues were examined by Northern blot hybridization, and highest levels were detected in lung and ovary. ..
- de Boer R, Homann D, Perelson A. Different dynamics of CD4+ and CD8+ T cell responses during and after acute lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus infection. J Immunol. 2003;171:3928-35 pubmed
- Berezikov E, Guryev V, Plasterk R, Cuppen E. CONREAL: conserved regulatory elements anchored alignment algorithm for identification of transcription factor binding sites by phylogenetic footprinting. Genome Res. 2004;14:170-8 pubmed..CONREAL is accessible via a Web interface at http://conreal.niob.knaw.nl/. ..
- Smakman N, Kranenburg O, Vogten J, Bloemendaal A, van Diest P, Borel Rinkes I. Cyclooxygenase-2 is a target of KRASD12, which facilitates the outgrowth of murine C26 colorectal liver metastases. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:41-8 pubmed..Furthermore, COX-2 inhibition affects the tumoral rather than the vascular compartment during the early stages of C26 liver metastasis outgrowth. ..
- Nierkens S, Aalbers M, Bol M, Bleumink R, van Kooten P, Boon L, et al. Differential requirement for CD28/CTLA-4-CD80/CD86 interactions in drug-induced type 1 and type 2 immune responses to trinitrophenyl-ovalbumin. J Immunol. 2005;175:3707-14 pubmed..Importantly, the effects of treatment with anti-CD80/CD86 mAbs and CTLA-4-Ig may be considerably different in responses induced by distinct drugs. ..
- Vereyken E, Bajova H, Chow S, de Graan P, Gruol D. Chronic interleukin-6 alters the level of synaptic proteins in hippocampus in culture and in vivo. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:3605-16 pubmed..These results have important implications relative to the mechanisms responsible for altered CNS function during conditions associated with increased levels of IL-6 in the CNS. ..
- Ganusov V, Milutinović D, de Boer R. IL-2 regulates expansion of CD4+ T cell populations by affecting cell death: insights from modeling CFSE data. J Immunol. 2007;179:950-7 pubmed..Summarizing, our mathematical reinterpretation suggests that the main effect of IL-2 on the in vitro dynamics of naive CD4(+) T cells occurs by affecting the rate of cell death and not by changing the rate of cell division. ..
- Roord S, de Jager W, Boon L, Wulffraat N, Martens A, Prakken B, et al. Autologous bone marrow transplantation in autoimmune arthritis restores immune homeostasis through CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells. Blood. 2008;111:5233-41 pubmed publisher..This work provided further insight into the role of Tregs in restoration of the immune balance by aBMT and can open the way to explore therapeutic interventions to further improve treatment of AID and disease relapses. ..
- du Puy L, Beqqali A, Monshouwer Kloots J, Haagsman H, Roelen B, Passier R. CAZIP, a novel protein expressed in the developing heart and nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2903-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for CAZIP in development and function of the heart and nervous system in vertebrates. ..
- van Loosdregt J, Vercoulen Y, Guichelaar T, Gent Y, Beekman J, Van Beekum O, et al. Regulation of Treg functionality by acetylation-mediated Foxp3 protein stabilization. Blood. 2010;115:965-74 pubmed publisher..Manipulating Foxp3 acetylation levels could therefore provide a new therapeutic strategy to control inappropriate (auto)immune responses. ..
- Tuohetahuntila M, Molenaar M, Spee B, Brouwers J, Wubbolts R, Houweling M, et al. Lysosome-mediated degradation of a distinct pool of lipid droplets during hepatic stellate cell activation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12436-12448 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LAL/Lipa is involved in the degradation of a specific preexisting pool of LDs and that inhibition of this pathway attenuates HSC activation. ..
- van den Bosch M, Blom A, van de Loo F, Koenders M, Lafeber F, van den Berg W, et al. Brief Report: Induction of Matrix Metalloproteinase Expression by Synovial Wnt Signaling and Association With Disease Progression in Early Symptomatic Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1978-1983 pubmed publisher..Wnt signaling in the synovium may potently induce progression of OA via increased production of MMPs. ..
- Korecka J, Moloney E, Eggers R, Hobo B, Scheffer S, Ras Verloop N, et al. Repulsive Guidance Molecule a (RGMa) Induces Neuropathological and Behavioral Changes That Closely Resemble Parkinson's Disease. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9361-9379 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for therapy development as interfering with the function of this specific axon guidance cue may be beneficial to the survival of DA neurons. ..
- Hessel E, van Lith H, Wolterink Donselaar I, de Wit M, Hendrickx D, Kas M, et al. Mapping an X-linked locus that influences heat-induced febrile seizures in mice. Epilepsia. 2012;53:1399-410 pubmed publisher..Fine-mapping and functional studies will be required to further identify the X-linked FS susceptibility genes. ..
- Schilham M, Moerer P, Cumano A, Clevers H. Sox-4 facilitates thymocyte differentiation. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:1292-5 pubmed..When Sox-4-deficient fetal liver cells were injected together with normal cells intrathymically, they did not compete efficiently for reconstitution. It is concluded that Sox-4 facilitates thymocyte development. ..
- van Dalen J, Gerendasy D, de Graan P, Schrama L, Gruol D. Calcium dynamics are altered in cortical neurons lacking the calmodulin-binding protein RC3. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:13-22 pubmed..These data provide direct physiological evidence for a regulatory role of RC3 in neuronal Ca(2+) dynamics. ..
- Heeroma J, Plomp J, Roubos E, Verhage M. Development of the mouse neuromuscular junction in the absence of regulated secretion. Neuroscience. 2003;120:733-44 pubmed..However, in the absence of regulated secretion, the maintenance of the motor neuronal system, organization of nerve terminal branches and stabilization of synapses is impaired and a-neural postsynaptic elements persist. ..
- Javadi M, Everts H, Hovenier R, Kocsis S, Lankhorst A, Lemmens A, et al. The effect of six different C18 fatty acids on body fat and energy metabolism in mice. Br J Nutr. 2004;92:391-9 pubmed
- Nijhuis M, Pasterkamp G, Sluis N, de Kleijn D, Laman J, Ulfman L. Peptidoglycan increases firm adhesion of monocytes under flow conditions and primes monocyte chemotaxis. J Vasc Res. 2007;44:214-22 pubmed..This study demonstrates that PG activation of monocytes results in an increase in adhesive and migratory capacities of these cells. This might be a mechanism by which PG promotes atherosclerotic disease in vivo. ..
- Mizrak S, Renault Mihara F, Parraga M, Bogerd J, van de Kant H, Lopez Casas P, et al. Phosphoprotein enriched in astrocytes-15 is expressed in mouse testis and protects spermatocytes from apoptosis. Reproduction. 2007;133:743-51 pubmed..The increased numbers of apoptotic spermatocytes were not found at a specific step in the meiotic prophase. ..
- Banciu M, Metselaar J, Schiffelers R, Storm G. Antitumor activity of liposomal prednisolone phosphate depends on the presence of functional tumor-associated macrophages in tumor tissue. Neoplasia. 2008;10:108-17 pubmed..One of the major inhibitory actions of LCL-PLP on tumor growth is the reduction of the TAM-mediated production of pro-angiogenic factors, whereas production of anti-angiogenic factors by these cells is hardly affected. ..
- Koorstra J, Hustinx S, Offerhaus G, Maitra A. Pancreatic carcinogenesis. Pancreatology. 2008;8:110-25 pubmed publisher..This review focuses mainly on the current knowledge about the molecular insights of the pathogenesis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma...
- Buitenhuis M, van der Linden E, Ulfman L, Hofhuis F, Bierings M, Coffer P. Protein kinase B (PKB/c-akt) regulates homing of hematopoietic progenitors through modulation of their adhesive and migratory properties. Blood. 2010;116:2373-84 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that transient inhibition of PKB activity may provide a means for ex vivo stem cell manipulation to improve bone marrow transplantation regimes. ..
- Emmink B, van Houdt W, Vries R, Hoogwater F, Govaert K, Verheem A, et al. Differentiated human colorectal cancer cells protect tumor-initiating cells from irinotecan. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:269-78 pubmed publisher..The resistance of colorectal tumors to irinotecan requires the cooperative action of tumor-initiating ALDHhigh/ABCB1negative cells and their differentiated, drug-expelling, ALDHlow/ABCB1positive daughter cells. ..
- Rygiel T, Karnam G, Goverse G, van der Marel A, Greuter M, van Schaarenburg R, et al. CD200-CD200R signaling suppresses anti-tumor responses independently of CD200 expression on the tumor. Oncogene. 2012;31:2979-88 pubmed publisher..This important paradigm shift leads to a much broader applicability of CD200-blockade in the treatment of tumors. ..
- Dekkers J, Wiegerinck C, de Jonge H, Bronsveld I, Janssens H, de Winter de Groot K, et al. A functional CFTR assay using primary cystic fibrosis intestinal organoids. Nat Med. 2013;19:939-45 pubmed publisher..This relatively simple and robust assay will facilitate diagnosis, functional studies, drug development and personalized medicine approaches in cystic fibrosis. ..
- Petersen N, Reimann F, Bartfeld S, Farin H, Ringnalda F, Vries R, et al. Generation of L cells in mouse and human small intestine organoids. Diabetes. 2014;63:410-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, our platform allows us to study and modulate the development of L cells in mouse and human crypts as a potential basis for novel therapeutic strategies in patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Manitt C, Eng C, Pokinko M, Ryan R, Torres Berrio A, Lopez J, et al. dcc orchestrates the development of the prefrontal cortex during adolescence and is altered in psychiatric patients. Transl Psychiatry. 2013;3:e338 pubmed publisher..Variations in DCC may determine differential predisposition to mPFC disorders in humans. Indeed, DCC expression is elevated in brains of antidepressant-free subjects who committed suicide. ..
- Mirzaa G, Parry D, Fry A, Giamanco K, Schwartzentruber J, Vanstone M, et al. De novo CCND2 mutations leading to stabilization of cyclin D2 cause megalencephaly-polymicrogyria-polydactyly-hydrocephalus syndrome. Nat Genet. 2014;46:510-515 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that cyclin D2 stabilization, caused by CCND2 mutation or PI3K-AKT activation, is a unifying mechanism in PI3K-AKT-related megalencephaly syndromes. ..
- Bach F, Zhang Y, Miranda Bedate A, Verdonschot L, Bergknut N, Creemers L, et al. Increased caveolin-1 in intervertebral disc degeneration facilitates repair. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:59 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to investigate how caveolin-1 modifies other signaling pathways and facilitates IVD repair. ..
- de Wolf A, van Aalst S, Ludwig I, Bodinham C, Lewis D, van der Zee R, et al. Regulatory T cell frequencies and phenotypes following anti-viral vaccination. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179942 pubmed publisher..These findings may serve as a bench-mark of inter-individual variation of Treg frequencies and phenotypes following vaccination. ..
- den Hertog J, Pals C, Jonk L, Kruijer W. Differential expression of a novel murine non-receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase during differentiation of P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:1241-9 pubmed..P19-PTP is differentially expressed during in vitro differentiation of P19 EC cells, in that P19-PTP mRNA could only be detected in embryoid bodies, derived from P19 cells. ..
- Kester H, Ward van Oostwaard T, Goumans M, Van Rooijen M, van der Saag P, van der Burg B, et al. Expression of TGF-beta stimulated clone-22 (TSC-22) in mouse development and TGF-beta signalling. Dev Dyn. 2000;218:563-72 pubmed..We therefore propose that although TSC-22 may be a direct target of TGF-beta in late development, other factors are likely to be major regulators of expression at earlier stages. ..
- Steevels T, Lebbink R, Westerlaken G, Coffer P, Meyaard L. Signal inhibitory receptor on leukocytes-1 is a novel functional inhibitory immune receptor expressed on human phagocytes. J Immunol. 2010;184:4741-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, SIRL-1 is a novel inhibitory immune receptor belonging to the growing family of ITIM-bearing receptors that is implied in the regulation of phagocytes. ..
- de Vries C, de Boer J, Joore J, Strahle U, van Achterberg T, Huylebroeck D, et al. Active complex formation of type I and type II activin and TGF beta receptors in vivo as studied by overexpression in zebrafish embryos. Mech Dev. 1996;54:225-36 pubmed..Overexpression of TGF beta R-I with ActR-IIA or ActR IIB4 results in a synergistic increase in frequency of abnormal embryos, whereas in combination with ActR-IIB2 no such increase occurs. ..
- van Oosterhout A, Van Esch B, Hofman G, Hofstra C, Van Ark I, Nijkamp F, et al. Allergen immunotherapy inhibits airway eosinophilia and hyperresponsiveness associated with decreased IL-4 production by lymphocytes in a murine model of allergic asthma. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1998;19:622-8 pubmed..This animal model will be used as a preclinical model to improve allergen immunotherapy and to gain more insight into the mechanisms involved. ..
- van der Heyden M, van Kempen M, Tsuji Y, Rook M, Jongsma H, Opthof T. P19 embryonal carcinoma cells: a suitable model system for cardiac electrophysiological differentiation at the molecular and functional level. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;58:410-22 pubmed..We assessed the suitability of the P19 cell model for studying cardiac ion channel regulation at the molecular and functional level...
- Kölgen W, van Steeg H, van der Horst G, Hoeijmakers J, van Vloten W, de Gruijl F, et al. Association of transcription-coupled repair but not global genome repair with ultraviolet-B-induced Langerhans cell depletion and local immunosuppression. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:751-6 pubmed..In combination with earlier experiments, it can be concluded that Langerhans cell disappearance is related to ultraviolet-B-induced local but not to systemic immunosuppression. ..
- Kranenburg O, Gent Y, Romijn E, Voest E, Heck A, Gebbink M. Amyloid-beta-stimulated plasminogen activation by tissue-type plasminogen activator results in processing of neuroendocrine factors. Neuroscience. 2005;131:877-86 pubmed..If plasmin indeed produces NEF-derived peptides in vivo, some of these peptides may have biological activity, for instance in regulating neurotransmitter release that may affect the pathology of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- van Schanke A, van Venrooij G, Jongsma M, Banus H, Mullenders L, van Kranen H, et al. Induction of nevi and skin tumors in Ink4a/Arf Xpa knockout mice by neonatal, intermittent, or chronic UVB exposures. Cancer Res. 2006;66:2608-15 pubmed..Hence, although our experiments did not effectively emulate human melanoma, they provided clear evidence that intermittent UV overexposure strongly stimulates and the Ink4a/Arf(-/-) genotype may actually impair nevus development. ..
- Raaben M, Groot Koerkamp M, Rottier P, de Haan C. Mouse hepatitis coronavirus replication induces host translational shutoff and mRNA decay, with concomitant formation of stress granules and processing bodies. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:2218-29 pubmed
- Van Veelen W, van Gasteren C, Acton D, Franklin D, Berger R, Lips C, et al. Synergistic effect of oncogenic RET and loss of p18 on medullary thyroid carcinoma development. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1329-37 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly indicate that oncogenic RET and loss of p18 cooperate in the multistep tumorigenesis of MTC. ..
- van Vlijmen T, Vleugel M, Evers M, Mohammed S, Wulf P, Heck A, et al. A unique residue in rab3c determines the interaction with novel binding protein Zwint-1. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2838-42 pubmed publisher..We also found that SNAP25 bound to the same region in Zwint-1 as rab3c, suggesting a new role for the kinetochore protein Zwint-1 in presynaptic events that are regulated by rab3 and SNAP25. ..
- da Costa Martins P, Salic K, Gladka M, Armand A, Leptidis S, el Azzouzi H, et al. MicroRNA-199b targets the nuclear kinase Dyrk1a in an auto-amplification loop promoting calcineurin/NFAT signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1220-7 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that microRNAs affect cardiac cellular signalling and gene expression, and implicate miR-199b as a therapeutic target in heart failure. ..
- Willemen H, Huo X, Mao Ying Q, Zijlstra J, Heijnen C, Kavelaars A. MicroRNA-124 as a novel treatment for persistent hyperalgesia. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:143 pubmed publisher..In addition, we investigated the effect of miR-124 on chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain in wild-type (WT) mice...
- de Lau W, Kujala P, Schneeberger K, Middendorp S, Li V, Barker N, et al. Peyer's patch M cells derived from Lgr5(+) stem cells require SpiB and are induced by RankL in cultured "miniguts". Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3639-47 pubmed publisher..We conclude that RankL-induced expression of SpiB is essential for Lgr5 stem cell-derived epithelial precursors to develop into M cells. ..
- Top J, Paganelli F, Zhang X, van Schaik W, Leavis H, van Luit Asbroek M, et al. The Enterococcus faecium enterococcal biofilm regulator, EbrB, regulates the esp operon and is implicated in biofilm formation and intestinal colonization. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65224 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that EbrB positively regulates the esp operon and is implicated in biofilm formation and intestinal colonization...
- Barone F, Gustafson D, Crystal H, Moreno H, Adamski M, Arai K, et al. First translational 'Think Tank' on cerebrovascular disease, cognitive impairment and dementia. J Transl Med. 2016;14:50 pubmed publisher..Below summarizes the new data-presentations, concepts, novel directions and specific discussion topics addressed by this international translational team at our "First Leo and Anne Albert Charitable Trust 'Think Tank' VCI workshop". ..
- Deschamps J, Wijgerde M. Two phases in the establishment of HOX expression domains. Dev Biol. 1993;156:473-80 pubmed
- van Eijk M, Haagsman H, Skinner T, Archibald A, Reid K, Lawson P, et al. Porcine lung surfactant protein D: complementary DNA cloning, chromosomal localization, and tissue distribution. J Immunol. 2000;164:1442-50 pubmed..The genes for SP-D and SP-A were also shown to colocalize to a region of porcine chromosome 14 that is syntenic with the human and murine collectin loci. ..
- Staal F, Meeldijk J, Moerer P, Jay P, van de Weerdt B, Vainio S, et al. Wnt signaling is required for thymocyte development and activates Tcf-1 mediated transcription. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:285-93 pubmed..Retroviral expression of soluble Wnt receptor mutants that block Wnt signaling inhibits thymocyte development. These results imply an important role for the Wnt cascade in thymocyte development. ..
- Pattij T, Groenink L, Hijzen T, Oosting R, Maes R, van der Gugten J, et al. Autonomic changes associated with enhanced anxiety in 5-HT(1A) receptor knockout mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002;27:380-90 pubmed..The present findings show that 5-HT(1A) receptor KO mice display a more "anxious-like" phenotype not only at a behavioral, but also at autonomic levels. ..
- van der Heyden M, Defize L. Twenty one years of P19 cells: what an embryonal carcinoma cell line taught us about cardiomyocyte differentiation. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;58:292-302 pubmed..Here, we review studies on different subclones of P19 cells, and what they have taught us about cardiac differentiation and physiology...
- Hamer G, Roepers Gajadien H, Gademan I, Kal H, de Rooij D. Intercellular bridges and apoptosis in clones of male germ cells. Int J Androl. 2003;26:348-53 pubmed..Degeneration of healthy spermatogonia because of regulatory signals, however, follows other death inducing mechanisms, which lead to apoptosis of chains of interconnected spermatogonia. ..
- Mortaz E, Redegeld F, Nijkamp F, Wong H, Engels F. Acetylsalicylic acid-induced release of HSP70 from mast cells results in cell activation through TLR pathway. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:8-18 pubmed..The recognition that heat shock proteins induce mast cell activation suggests an involvement of these cells in the immunological processes induced by heat shock response. ..
- Rychter J, van Minnen L, Verheem A, Timmerman H, Rijkers G, Schipper M, et al. Pretreatment but not treatment with probiotics abolishes mouse intestinal barrier dysfunction in acute pancreatitis. Surgery. 2009;145:157-67 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of probiotics in this model depends on the timing of administration. Clinical trials with probiotics should seek conditions where treatment can be started prior to onset of disease or elective surgical intervention. ..
- Nijboer C, Heijnen C, Willemen H, Groenendaal F, Dorn G, van Bel F, et al. Cell-specific roles of GRK2 in onset and severity of hypoxic-ischemic brain damage in neonatal mice. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:420-6 pubmed publisher..The level of GRK2 in neurons is crucial for determining the ultimate severity of HI damage in the newborn brain. ..
- Te Boekhorst B, Bovens S, van de Kolk C, Cramer M, Doevendans P, ten Hove M, et al. The time window of MRI of murine atherosclerotic plaques after administration of CB2 receptor targeted micelles: inter-scan variability and relation between plaque signal intensity increase and gadolinium content of inversion recovery prepared versus. NMR Biomed. 2010;23:939-51 pubmed publisher
- Putters J, da Silva Almeida A, van Kerkhof P, van Rossum A, Gracanin A, Strous G. Jak2 is a negative regulator of ubiquitin-dependent endocytosis of the growth hormone receptor. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14676 pubmed publisher..As signal transduction of many cytokine receptors depends on Jak2, the study suggests an integrative role of Jak2 in cytokine responses based on its enzyme activity as well as its stabilising properties towards the receptors...
- Hartgring S, Willis C, Dean C, Broere F, van Eden W, Bijlsma J, et al. Critical proinflammatory role of thymic stromal lymphopoietin and its receptor in experimental autoimmune arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:1878-87 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of TSLP administration and TSLP receptor deficiency on immune activation, arthritis severity, and tissue destruction in T cell-driven arthritis models of RA...