Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on messenger rna in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Topic: messenger rna
- Roelen B, Goumans M, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Differential expression of BMP receptors in early mouse development. Int J Dev Biol. 1997;41:541-9 pubmed..In postimplantation embryos BMPR-II transcripts were first detected from 6.0 days post coitum. In situ hybridization analysis revealed that BMPR-II mRNA is ubiquitously expressed in the entire embryo at least until midgestation. ..
- Minderhoud I, Oldenburg B, Schipper M, ter Linde J, Samsom M. Serotonin synthesis and uptake in symptomatic patients with Crohn's disease in remission. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;5:714-20 pubmed..CD patients in remission who experience IBS-like symptoms have increased mucosal TpH-1 levels in the colon, suggesting that increased serotonin biosynthesis in the colon plays a role in the generation of the symptoms. ..
- Schlotter Y, Veenhof E, Brinkhof B, Rutten V, Spee B, Willemse T, et al. A GeNorm algorithm-based selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR in skin biopsies of healthy dogs and dogs with atopic dermatitis. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2009;129:115-8 pubmed publisher..The study indicated that the most appropriate reference genes in canine skin are the ribosomal gene products RPL8, RPS5 and RPS19 besides GUSB and HPRT. As little as three reference genes will reveal highly reliable Q-PCR calculations. ..
- Meijlink F, de Laaf R, Verrijzer P, Destree O, Kroezen V, Hilkens J, et al. A mouse homeobox containing gene on chromosome 11: sequence and tissue-specific expression. Nucleic Acids Res. 1987;15:6773-86 pubmed..3; however, major quantitative differences in this response were observed. ..
- Braat A, Zandbergen M, De Vries E -, Van Der Burg B -, Bogerd J, Goos H. Cloning and expression of the zebrafish germ cell nuclear factor. Mol Reprod Dev. 1999;53:369-75 pubmed..In situ hybridization revealed that zfGCNF was predominantly expressed in previtellogenic oocytes in the ovary and in spermatocytes in the testis. ..
- Silva J, Tharasanit T, Taverne M, van der Weijden G, Santos R, Figueiredo J, et al. The activin-follistatin system and in vitro early follicle development in goats. J Endocrinol. 2006;189:113-25 pubmed..The in vitro growth and survival of activated follicles enclosed in cortical tissue and the in vitro growth of isolated primary follicles are stimulated by activin-A. ..
- van den Berg I, van Beurden E, Malingre H, van Amstel H, Poll The B, Smeitink J, et al. X-linked liver phosphorylase kinase deficiency is associated with mutations in the human liver phosphorylase kinase alpha subunit. Am J Hum Genet. 1995;56:381-7 pubmed..On the basis of these results, it is postulated that the mutations found are responsible for liver PhK deficiency in the two patients investigated. ..
- Gort E, van Haaften G, Verlaan I, Groot A, Plasterk R, Shvarts A, et al. The TWIST1 oncogene is a direct target of hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha. Oncogene. 2008;27:1501-10 pubmed..These results identify TWIST1 as a direct target gene of HIF-2alpha, which may provide insight into the acquired metastatic capacity of hypoxic tumors. ..
- de Bie P, van De Sluis B, Burstein E, Duran K, Berger R, Duckett C, et al. Characterization of COMMD protein-protein interactions in NF-kappaB signalling. Biochem J. 2006;398:63-71 pubmed..Taken together, these data support the significance of COMMD protein-protein interactions and provide new mechanistic insight into the function of this protein family in NF-kappaB signalling. ..
- Roelen B, de Graaff W, Forlani S, Deschamps J. Hox cluster polarity in early transcriptional availability: a high order regulatory level of clustered Hox genes in the mouse. Mech Dev. 2002;119:81-90 pubmed..Interestingly, Cdx1 manifested the same early transcriptional availability as Hoxb1. ..
- Roose J, Korver W, Oving E, Wilson A, Wagenaar G, Markman M, et al. High expression of the HMG box factor sox-13 in arterial walls during embryonic development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:469-76 pubmed..The Sox-13 protein binds to the consensus HMG box motif, AACAAAG, but does not transactivate transcription through a concatamer of this motif. Sox-13, like other members of the Sox family likely plays an important role in development. ..
- Teerds K, de Boer Brouwer M, Dorrington J, Balvers M, Ivell R. Identification of markers for precursor and leydig cell differentiation in the adult rat testis following ethane dimethyl sulphonate administration. Biol Reprod. 1999;60:1437-45 pubmed
- Feijen A, Goumans M, van den Eijnden van Raaij A. Expression of activin subunits, activin receptors and follistatin in postimplantation mouse embryos suggests specific developmental functions for different activins. Development. 1994;120:3621-37 pubmed..Taken together, the present data suggest that follistatin, but not one of the known activin forms (A,B,AB) is involved in early postimplantation development.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Monteiro R, Van Dinther M, Bakkers J, Wilkinson R, Patient R, Ten Dijke P, et al. Two novel type II receptors mediate BMP signalling and are required to establish left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;315:55-71 pubmed publisher..We propose a mechanism whereby this differential interpretation of BMP signalling through bmpr2a and bmpr2b is essential for the establishment of LR asymmetry in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Jonk L, de Jonge M, Vervaart J, Wissink S, Kruijer W. Isolation and developmental expression of retinoic-acid-induced genes. Dev Biol. 1994;161:604-14 pubmed..The results confirm the usefulness of the P19 system in the isolation and study of the regulation of developmentally expressed genes. ..
- Joore J, Timmermans A, van de Water S, Folkers G, van der Saag P, Zivkovic D. Domains of retinoid signalling and neurectodermal expression of zebrafish otx1 and goosecoid are mutually exclusive. Biochem Cell Biol. 1997;75:601-12 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest that the action of retinoids is spatially as well as temporally regulated in the developing embryo. ..
- Bruggink A, de Jonge N, Van Oosterhout M, van Wichen D, de Koning E, Lahpor J, et al. Brain natriuretic peptide is produced both by cardiomyocytes and cells infiltrating the heart in patients with severe heart failure supported by a left ventricular assist device. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2006;25:174-80 pubmed..Unloading of the left ventricle by a LVAD results in decreased BNP expression in the heart and plasma and may play an important role in the reverse remodeling process of the heart. ..
- Kamminga L, Luteijn M, den Broeder M, Redl S, Kaaij L, Roovers E, et al. Hen1 is required for oocyte development and piRNA stability in zebrafish. EMBO J. 2010;29:3688-700 pubmed publisher..This system discriminates between piRNA targets and is required for ovary development and fully efficient transposon silencing. ..
- Synowsky S, Heck A. The yeast Ski complex is a hetero-tetramer. Protein Sci. 2008;17:119-25 pubmed..Combining all data we construct an improved structural model of the Ski complex. ..
- Karperien M, van Dijk T, Hoeijmakers T, Cremers F, Abou Samra A, Boonstra J, et al. Expression pattern of parathyroid hormone/parathyroid hormone related peptide receptor mRNA in mouse postimplantation embryos indicates involvement in multiple developmental processes. Mech Dev. 1994;47:29-42 pubmed
- de Kleijn D, Smeets M, Kemmeren P, Lim S, Van Middelaar B, Velema E, et al. Acute-phase protein haptoglobin is a cell migration factor involved in arterial restructuring. FASEB J. 2002;16:1123-5 pubmed publisher..This new haptoglobin function may also apply to other functional and pathological restructuring processes such as angiogenesis, tissue repair, and tumor cell invasion...
- den Hertog J, Overvoorde J, de Laat S. Expression of receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase alpha mRNA and protein during mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1996;58:89-101 pubmed..The expression pattern of RPTP alpha suggests that RPTP alpha may play a role in neural crest cell differentiation in vivo. ..
- Gelegen C, van den Heuvel J, Collier D, Campbell I, Oppelaar H, Hessel E, et al. Dopaminergic and brain-derived neurotrophic factor signalling in inbred mice exposed to a restricted feeding schedule. Genes Brain Behav. 2008;7:552-9 pubmed publisher..Differences in gene expression and behaviour between A/J and C57BL/6J mice indicate that mouse genetic mapping populations based on these progenitor lines are valuable for identifying molecular determinants of anorexia-related traits. ..
- van Dijk A, Tersteeg Zijderveld M, Tjeerdsma van Bokhoven J, Jansman A, Veldhuizen E, Haagsman H. Chicken heterophils are recruited to the site of Salmonella infection and release antibacterial mature Cathelicidin-2 upon stimulation with LPS. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1517-26 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the importance of avian heterophils as a first line of defence against invading pathogens and implicate that via heterophil-mediated release, cathelicidins may greatly contribute to avian innate immunity. ..
- Caricasole A, van Schaik R, Zeinstra L, Wierikx C, van Gurp R, van den Pol M, et al. Human growth-differentiation factor 3 (hGDF3): developmental regulation in human teratocarcinoma cell lines and expression in primary testicular germ cell tumours. Oncogene. 1998;16:95-103 pubmed..Thus, hGDF3 represents an embryonal carcinoma stem cell-associated marker both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Charite J, de Graaff W, Shen S, Deschamps J. Ectopic expression of Hoxb-8 causes duplication of the ZPA in the forelimb and homeotic transformation of axial structures. Cell. 1994;78:589-601 pubmed..Besides other alterations, posterior homeotic transformations of axial structures were observed, involving the first spinal (Froriep's) ganglion and several cervical vertebrae. ..
- van der Flier L, Sabates Bellver J, Oving I, Haegebarth A, De Palo M, Anti M, et al. The Intestinal Wnt/TCF Signature. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:628-32 pubmed..The genes were invariably expressed in adenomas, yet could be subdivided into 3 modules, based on expression in distinct crypt compartments. A module of 17 genes was specifically expressed at the position of the crypt stem cell. ..
- Benschop J, Bou J, Peeters A, Wagemaker N, Gühl K, Ward D, et al. Long-term submergence-induced elongation in Rumex palustris requires abscisic acid-dependent biosynthesis of gibberellin1. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:1644-52 pubmed..Exogenous abscisic acid repressed the transcript levels of RpGA20ox1 and RpGA3ox1 and thus inhibited the submergence-induced increase in GA1. Abscisic acid had no effect on the tissue responsiveness to GA...
- Roelen B, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Expression of ALK-1, a type 1 serine/threonine kinase receptor, coincides with sites of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in early mouse development. Dev Dyn. 1997;209:418-30 pubmed..Its expression pattern suggests that ALK-1 is a type I receptor for TGF-beta1 in the developing mouse. ..
- Kamphuis S, Kavelaars A, Brooimans R, Kuis W, Zegers B, Heijnen C. T helper 2 cytokines induce preproenkephalin mRNA expression and proenkephalin A in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. J Neuroimmunol. 1997;79:91-9 pubmed..IL-4 and IL-10 do not induce PPE mRNA via the same pathways. We could observe that PKA is involved in IL-4 mediated PPE mRNA induction, whereas IL-10 apparently uses another route. ..
- Korteweg N, Maia A, Thompson B, Roubos E, Burbach J, Verhage M. The role of Munc18-1 in docking and exocytosis of peptide hormone vesicles in the anterior pituitary. Biol Cell. 2005;97:445-55 pubmed..2000). We conclude that Munc18-1 is involved in the secretion of peptide hormones and in the docking of LDCVs. These results unmask an apparent mechanistic difference between LDCVs and synaptic vesicles. ..
- Silva J, van den Hurk R, van Tol H, Roelen B, Figueiredo J. Expression of growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9), bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15), and BMP receptors in the ovaries of goats. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;70:11-9 pubmed..Expression of all BMP receptor mRNAs and GDF9 mRNA and protein in luteal tissue additionally points to a role of GDF9 in corpus luteum function. ..
- Beekman J, Bakema J, van der Poel C, van der Linden J, van de Winkel J, Leusen J. Protein 4.1G binds to a unique motif within the Fc gamma RI cytoplasmic tail. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2069-75 pubmed..1g. ..
- Westerweel P, van Velthoven C, Nguyen T, Den Ouden K, de Kleijn D, Goumans M, et al. Modulation of TGF-?/BMP-6 expression and increased levels of circulating smooth muscle progenitor cells in a type I diabetes mouse model. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2010;9:55 pubmed publisher..This may contribute to exaggerated intimal hyperplasia in diabetes as bone marrow derived cells home to sites of neointima formation. ..
- Bird S, Doevendans P, Van Rooijen M, Brutel de la Riviere A, Hassink R, Passier R, et al. The human adult cardiomyocyte phenotype. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;58:423-34 pubmed
- Tournoij E, Weber G, Akkerman J, de Groot P, Zon L, Moll F, et al. Mlck1a is expressed in zebrafish thrombocytes and is an essential component of thrombus formation. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:588-95 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mlck1a is the subtype of MLCK that contributes to platelet shape change and thrombus formation. ..
- Koop E, van Laar T, van Wichen D, de Weger R, Wall E, van Diest P. Expression of BNIP3 in invasive breast cancer: correlations with the hypoxic response and clinicopathological features. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:175 pubmed publisher..BNIP3 expression is lost in a significant portion of invasive breast cancers, which is correlated with poor prognostic features such as positive lymph node status and high proliferation, but not with the hypoxic response. ..
- Ploos van Amstel J, Bergman A, van Beurden E, Roijers J, Peelen T, van den Berg I, et al. Hereditary tyrosinemia type 1: novel missense, nonsense and splice consensus mutations in the human fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase gene; variability of the genotype-phenotype relationship. Hum Genet. 1996;97:51-9 pubmed..No strict correlation between genotype and phenotype, i.e. the acute, subacute or chronic form of HT 1, was evident. ..
- Mehra N, Penning M, Maas J, Beerepoot L, van Daal N, van Gils C, et al. Progenitor marker CD133 mRNA is elevated in peripheral blood of cancer patients with bone metastases. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:4859-66 pubmed..CD133, but not CD146, mRNA expression is increased in cancer patients with metastatic disease, specifically with bone metastasis. In addition, CD133 mRNA expression seems to be an independent prognostic factor for overall survival. ..
- Wieten L, Berlo S, Ten Brink C, van Kooten P, Singh M, van der Zee R, et al. IL-10 is critically involved in mycobacterial HSP70 induced suppression of proteoglycan-induced arthritis. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4186 pubmed publisher..Moreover, HSP70 induced protection is critically IL-10 dependent. ..
- Lombardi M, Vroon A, Sodaar P, van Muiswinkel F, Heijnen C, Kavelaars A. Down-regulation of GRK2 after oxygen and glucose deprivation in rat hippocampal slices: role of the PI3-kinase pathway. J Neurochem. 2007;102:731-40 pubmed..In conclusion, OGD-induced phosphoinositide-3-kinase-dependent phosphorylation of GRK2 on Ser670 is a novel mechanism leading to down-regulation of GRK2 protein via a proteasome-dependent pathway. ..
- van Lelyveld N, Ter Linde J, Schipper M, Samsom M. Regional differences in expression of TPH-1, SERT, 5-HT(3) and 5-HT(4) receptors in the human stomach and duodenum. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2007;19:342-8 pubmed
- de Keizer P, Packer L, Szypowska A, Riedl Polderman P, van den Broek N, de Bruin A, et al. Activation of forkhead box O transcription factors by oncogenic BRAF promotes p21cip1-dependent senescence. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8526-36 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings support a model in which FOXOs mediate a trade-off between cancer and aging. ..
- Rubio Pomar F, Roelen B, Slot K, van Tol H, Colenbrander B, Teerds K. Role of Fas-mediated apoptosis and follicle-stimulating hormone on the developmental capacity of bovine cumulus oocyte complexes in vitro. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:790-6 pubmed..The observed increase, however, had no effect on the developmental competence of the oocytes. ..
- Herpers B, Xanthakis D, Rabouille C. ISH-IEM: a sensitive method to detect endogenous mRNAs at the ultrastructural level. Nat Protoc. 2010;5:678-87 pubmed publisher..The localization of targeted transcripts, such as gurken and oskar mRNA in the Drosophila oocyte, and of structural elements and proteins that mediate their localization have been revealed using this technique. ..
- Schoorlemmer J, Kruijer W. Octamer-dependent regulation of the kFGF gene in embryonal carcinoma and embryonic stem cells. Mech Dev. 1991;36:75-86 pubmed..These results suggest that the kFGF gene is a target for positive regulation by Oct4 and implicate Oct4 as target for regulation by the retinoic acid receptors. ..
- Eizema K, van den Burg M, Kiri A, Dingboom E, van Oudheusden H, Goldspink G, et al. Differential expression of equine myosin heavy-chain mRNA and protein isoforms in a limb muscle. J Histochem Cytochem. 2003;51:1207-16 pubmed publisher..This discrepancy was most likely not due to differential mRNA expression of myonuclei...
- van Wijk R, Montefusco M, Duga S, Asselta R, van Solinge W, Malcovati M, et al. Coexistence of a novel homozygous nonsense mutation in exon 13 of the factor V gene with the homozygous Leiden mutation in two unrelated patients with severe factor V deficiency. Br J Haematol. 2001;114:871-4 pubmed..Haplotype analysis indicated that the nonsense mutation in both families had a common founder a long time ago. ..
- Gao X, Kalkhoven E, Peterson Maduro J, van der Burg B, Destree O. Expression of the glucocorticoid receptor gene is regulated during early embryogenesis of Xenopus laevis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1218:194-8 pubmed..From stage 32 onwards, both GR transcripts start to be expressed again at intermediate levels. These results provide the first evidence that expression of the GR gene is regulated during early embryonic development. ..
- Pereira C, Middel J, Jansen G, Verhoef J, Nottet H. Enhanced expression of fractalkine in HIV-1 associated dementia. J Neuroimmunol. 2001;115:168-75 pubmed..We propose that fractalkine produced during interactions between astrocytes and HIV-infected macrophages plays a role in HAD by regulating the trafficking of monocytic cells in the brain parenchyma. ..
- Marx P, Wagenaar G, Reijerkerk A, Tiekstra M, van Rossum A, Gebbink M, et al. Characterization of mouse thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor. Thromb Haemost. 2000;83:297-303 pubmed..We conclude that mice have functional TAFI in plasma, which is highly similar to human TAFI. Therefore, genetically modified mice may provide useful models to study the role of TAFI in vivo. ..
- Roelen B, Goumans M, Zwijsen A, Mummery C. Identification of two distinct functions for TGF-beta in early mouse development. Differentiation. 1998;64:19-31 pubmed
- Karperien M, Lanser P, de Laat S, Boonstra J, Defize L. Parathyroid hormone related peptide mRNA expression during murine postimplantation development: evidence for involvement in multiple differentiation processes. Int J Dev Biol. 1996;40:599-608 pubmed..The widespread expression of PTHrP mRNA during embryogenesis in extra-embryonic and embryonic tissues suggests the involvement of the peptide in multiple growth and differentiation processes. ..
- Mizrak S, Bogerd J, Lopez Casas P, Parraga M, del Mazo J, de Rooij D. Expression of stress inducible protein 1 (Stip1) in the mouse testis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:1361-6 pubmed..This suggests an important role for Stip1 in the ability of germ cells to survive in stress conditions including high temperatures. ..
- Galac S, Kars V, Klarenbeek S, Teerds K, Mol J, Kooistra H. Expression of receptors for luteinizing hormone, gastric-inhibitory polypeptide, and vasopressin in normal adrenal glands and cortisol-secreting adrenocortical tumors in dogs. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2010;39:63-75 pubmed publisher..However, the ectopic expression of GIP and V(2) receptor proteins in tumorous zona fasciculata tissue may play a role in the pathogenesis of canine cortisol-secreting ATs. ..
- van Leuken R, Luna Vargas M, Sixma T, Wolthuis R, Medema R. Usp39 is essential for mitotic spindle checkpoint integrity and controls mRNA-levels of aurora B. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2710-9 pubmed..Our observations suggest Usp39 to be involved in splicing of Aurora B and other mRNAs that are essential for proper spindle checkpoint function. ..
- Fieten H, Spee B, IJzer J, Kik M, Penning L, Kirpensteijn J. Expression of hepatocyte growth factor and the proto-oncogenic receptor c-Met in canine osteosarcoma. Vet Pathol. 2009;46:869-77 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to confirm the involvement of the c-Met pathway in the lymphogenic route of metastasis. ..
- den Hertog J, Pals C, Jonk L, Kruijer W. Differential expression of a novel murine non-receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase during differentiation of P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:1241-9 pubmed..P19-PTP is differentially expressed during in vitro differentiation of P19 EC cells, in that P19-PTP mRNA could only be detected in embryoid bodies, derived from P19 cells. ..
- Konings D, Hogeweg P, Hesper B. Evolution of the primary and secondary structures of the E1a mRNAs of the adenovirus. Mol Biol Evol. 1987;4:300-14 pubmed..4) The conserved secondary (helical) structures consist of nonhomologous subsequences, i.e., shifts have occurred. The observed shifts near the splice sites seem to be the simplest way of dealing with the dual constraints...
- Vredendaal P, van den Berg I, Malingre H, Stroobants A, Olde Weghuis D, Berger R. Human short-chain L-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase: cloning and characterization of the coding sequence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;223:718-23 pubmed..Northern blot analysis reveals SCHAD mRNA to be expressed in liver, kidney, pancreas, heart and skeletal muscle. The human SCHAD gene was mapped by fluorescence in situ hybridization to chromosome 4q22-26. ..
- Huibers R, de Jong M, Dekter R, Van den Ackerveken G. Disease-specific expression of host genes during downy mildew infection of Arabidopsis. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:1104-15 pubmed publisher..The induction of several CS genes was found to be isolate specific. This suggests that the identified CS genes could be the direct or indirect targets of downy mildew effector proteins that promote disease susceptibility...
- ten Berge D, Brouwer A, el Bahi S, Guenet J, Robert B, Meijlink F. Mouse Alx3: an aristaless-like homeobox gene expressed during embryogenesis in ectomesenchyme and lateral plate mesoderm. Dev Biol. 1998;199:11-25 pubmed..Intriguingly, expression and to some extent function of aristaless and Distal-less in Drosophila also have overlapping as well as complementary aspects. Alx3 was localized to chromosome 3, near the droopy-ear (de) mutation. ..
- Wagenaar G, van Vuuren A, Girma M, Tiekstra M, Kwast L, Koster J, et al. Characterization of transgenic mice that secrete functional human protein C inhibitor into the circulation. Thromb Haemost. 2000;83:93-101 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the human PCI transgenic mice are a suitable model for studying the in vivo role of PCI in blood coagulation. ..
- du Puy L, Beqqali A, Monshouwer Kloots J, Haagsman H, Roelen B, Passier R. CAZIP, a novel protein expressed in the developing heart and nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2903-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for CAZIP in development and function of the heart and nervous system in vertebrates. ..
- Oosterwegel M, van de Wetering M, Timmerman J, Kruisbeek A, Destree O, Meijlink F, et al. Differential expression of the HMG box factors TCF-1 and LEF-1 during murine embryogenesis. Development. 1993;118:439-48 pubmed..Postnatally, expression of both genes could only be detected in lymphoid tissues. These observations suggest that TCF-1 and LEF-1 exert differential functions during murine embryogenesis. ..
- García López A, De Jonge H, Nóbrega R, de Waal P, van Dijk W, Hemrika W, et al. Studies in zebrafish reveal unusual cellular expression patterns of gonadotropin receptor messenger ribonucleic acids in the testis and unexpected functional differentiation of the gonadotropins. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2349-60 pubmed publisher
- Looringh van Beeck F, Zajonc D, Moore P, Schlotter Y, Broere F, Rutten V, et al. Two canine CD1a proteins are differentially expressed in skin. Immunogenetics. 2008;60:315-24 pubmed publisher..cDNA sequencing and expressed sequence tag sequences confirmed the existence of a short, human CD1a-like cytoplasmic tail of four amino acids, of an intermediate length form of 15 amino acids, and of a long form of 31 amino acids. ..
- van Rooijen E, Voest E, Logister I, Korving J, Schwerte T, Schulte Merker S, et al. Zebrafish mutants in the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor display a hypoxic response and recapitulate key aspects of Chuvash polycythemia. Blood. 2009;113:6449-60 pubmed publisher..They will contribute to our understanding of hypoxic signaling, hematopoiesis, and VHL-associated disease progression. ..
- Veldhuizen E, Koomen I, Ultee T, van Dijk A, Haagsman H. Salmonella serovar specific upregulation of porcine defensins 1 and 2 in a jejunal epithelial cell line. Vet Microbiol. 2009;136:69-75 pubmed publisher..These results provide further insight into the porcine innate immune response towards Salmonella infections, and could partially explain the different epidemiology of Salmonella infections in pig...
- Schoneveld A, Hoefer I, Sluijter J, Laman J, de Kleijn D, Pasterkamp G. Atherosclerotic lesion development and Toll like receptor 2 and 4 responsiveness. Atherosclerosis. 2008;197:95-104 pubmed..However, with advanced stages of atherosclerotic disease, circulating blood cells become less responsive to TLR ligation, which may be due to chronic TLR engagement by endogenous EDA. ..
- Looringh van Beeck F, Reinink P, Hermsen R, Zajonc D, Laven M, Fun A, et al. Functional CD1d and/or NKT cell invariant chain transcript in horse, pig, African elephant and guinea pig, but not in ruminants. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1424-31 pubmed publisher..Despite the discovery of a highly homologous NKT/CD1d system in pig and horse, our data suggest that functional CD1D and CD1d-restricted NKT cells are not universally present in mammals...
- van de Pavert S, Boerjan M, Stroband H, Taverne M, van den Hurk R. Uterine-embryonic interaction in pig: activin, follistatin, and activin receptor II in uterus and embryo during early gestation. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;59:390-9 pubmed..Mol. Reprod. Dev. 59: 390-399, 2001. ..
- Kruyt F, van der Veer L, Mader S, van den Brink C, Feijen A, Jonk L, et al. Retinoic acid resistance of the variant embryonal carcinoma cell line RAC65 is caused by expression of a truncated RAR alpha. Differentiation. 1992;49:27-37 pubmed
- Pennings M, Derksen R, Urbanus R, Tekelenburg W, Hemrika W, de Groot P. Platelets express three different splice variants of ApoER2 that are all involved in signaling. J Thromb Haemost. 2007;5:1538-44 pubmed..All splice variants were shown to be functional by translocation upon stimulation with dimeric beta2-GPI. All three splice variants express LDL-binding domain 1. ..