Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on intracellular signaling peptides and proteins in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Topic: intracellular signaling peptides and proteins
- Demircan T, Berezikov E. The Hippo pathway regulates stem cells during homeostasis and regeneration of the flatworm Macrostomum lignano. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2174-85 pubmed publisher..This work establishes M. lignano as a productive model for investigation of the Hippo pathway. ..
- Szypowska A, de Ruiter H, Meijer L, Smits L, Burgering B. Oxidative stress-dependent regulation of Forkhead box O4 activity by nemo-like kinase. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;14:563-78 pubmed publisher..Conversely, NLK-dependent inhibition of FOXO4 activity can provide a means to downregulate this defensive program, when oxidative stress reaches a level beyond which repair is no longer feasible and cells need to undergo apoptosis. ..
- Harterink M, Port F, Lorenowicz M, McGough I, Silhankova M, Betist M, et al. A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretion. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:914-923 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that SNX3 is part of an alternative retromer pathway that functionally separates the retrograde transport of Wls from other retromer cargo. ..
- de Keizer P, Packer L, Szypowska A, Riedl Polderman P, van den Broek N, de Bruin A, et al. Activation of forkhead box O transcription factors by oncogenic BRAF promotes p21cip1-dependent senescence. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8526-36 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings support a model in which FOXOs mediate a trade-off between cancer and aging. ..
- Galli G, Carrara M, Yuan W, Valdes Quezada C, Gurung B, Pepe Mooney B, et al. YAP Drives Growth by Controlling Transcriptional Pause Release from Dynamic Enhancers. Mol Cell. 2015;60:328-37 pubmed publisher..Our results here uncover the molecular mechanisms employed by YAP to exert its growth and oncogenic functions, and suggest strategies for intervention. ..
- Ylikallio E, Woldegebriel R, Tumiati M, Isohanni P, Ryan M, Stark Z, et al. MCM3AP in recessive Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy and mild intellectual disability. Brain. 2017;140:2093-2103 pubmed publisher..The identification of MCM3AP variants in affected individuals from multiple centres establishes it as a disease gene for childhood-onset recessively inherited Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy with intellectual disability. ..