Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Publications697 found, 100 shown here
- Verbeek N, van Kempen M, Gunning W, Renier W, Westland B, Lindhout D, et al. Adults with a history of possible Dravet syndrome: an illustration of the importance of analysis of the SCN1A gene. Epilepsia. 2011;52:e23-5 pubmed publisher..A mild form of Dravet syndrome in adult patients is associated with a high recurrence risk and possibly a more severe epilepsy phenotype in their offspring. ..
- de Ridder D, Lensvelt Mulders G, Finkenauer C, Stok F, Baumeister R. Taking stock of self-control: a meta-analysis of how trait self-control relates to a wide range of behaviors. Pers Soc Psychol Rev. 2012;16:76-99 pubmed publisher..g., achievement, adjustment). In addition, the associations between self-control and behavior were significantly stronger for automatic (as compared to controlled) behavior and for imagined (as compared to actual) behavior. ..
- Giezen T, Mantel Teeuwisse A, Ten Berg M, Straus S, Leufkens H, van Solinge W, et al. Rituximab-induced thrombocytopenia: a cohort study. Eur J Haematol. 2012;89:256-66 pubmed publisher..More frequent monitoring of the platelet count is especially advised in patients treated in the oncology indication and/or with a low platelet count and high PDW. ..
- van Heijst T, den Hartogh M, Lagendijk J, van den Bongard H, van Asselen B. MR-guided breast radiotherapy: feasibility and magnetic-field impact on skin dose. Phys Med Biol. 2013;58:5917-30 pubmed publisher..This opens possibilities for developing MR-guided partial-breast treatments in the MRL. ..
- Harvey B, Klein B, Petridou N, Dumoulin S. Topographic representation of numerosity in the human parietal cortex. Science. 2013;341:1123-6 pubmed publisher..These organizational properties extend topographic principles to the representation of higher-order abstract features in the association cortex. ..
- Hale W, Crocetti E, Nelemans S, Branje S, van Lier P, Koot H, et al. Mother and adolescent expressed emotion and adolescent internalizing and externalizing symptom development: a six-year longitudinal study. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2016;25:615-24 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study should give both researchers and therapists a reason to reevaluate only using the EE effects model assumption in future EE studies. ..
- AbdulAzeez S, Al Nafie A, Al Shehri A, Borgio J, Baranova E, Al Madan M, et al. Intronic Polymorphisms in the CDKN2B-AS1 Gene Are Strongly Associated with the Risk of Myocardial Infarction and Coronary Artery Disease in the Saudi Population. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:395 pubmed publisher..0175) and a risk haplotype (TGGA p = 2.86 × 10 - 10) for the development of CAD. This study is in line with others that indicated that the SNPs located in the intronic region of the CDKN2B-AS1 gene are associated with CAD. ..
- Kieboom B, Licher S, Wolters F, Ikram M, Hoorn E, Zietse R, et al. Serum magnesium is associated with the risk of dementia. Neurology. 2017;89:1716-1722 pubmed publisher..02-1.69, and HR 1.30, 95% CI 1.02-1.67, respectively). Both low and high serum magnesium levels are associated with an increased risk of all-cause dementia. Our results warrant replication in other population-based studies. ..
- Oudijk M, Stoutenbeek P, Sreeram N, Visser G, Meijboom E. Persistent junctional reciprocating tachycardia in the fetus. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2003;13:191-6 pubmed..Pharmacological therapy is to be preferred postnatally, but radiofrequency ablation seems to be indicated in therapy-resistant cases with CHF, even in the first months of life. ..
- Verheus M, McKay J, Kaaks R, Canzian F, Biessy C, Johansson M, et al. Common genetic variation in the IGF-1 gene, serum IGF-I levels and breast density. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;112:109-22 pubmed..5 assuming prior probabilities of 0.01 and higher. Common genetic variation in the IGF-1 gene is related to circulating levels of IGF-I, but the relationship with breast density is indecisive. ..
- Rosier P, Gajewski J, Sand P, Szabo L, Capewell A, Hosker G. Executive summary: The International Consultation on Incontinence 2008--Committee on: "Dynamic Testing"; for urinary incontinence and for fecal incontinence. Part 1: Innovations in urodynamic techniques and urodynamic testing for signs and . Neurourol Urodyn. 2010;29:140-5 pubmed publisher
- van der Groep P, van Diest P, Smolders Y, Ausems M, van der Luijt R, Menko F, et al. HIF-1? overexpression in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56055 pubmed publisher..Hypoxia-related proteins are therefore putative targets for therapy and molecular imaging for early detection and monitoring therapy response in BRCA mutation patients. ..
- Braat A, Zandbergen M, De Vries E -, Van Der Burg B -, Bogerd J, Goos H. Cloning and expression of the zebrafish germ cell nuclear factor. Mol Reprod Dev. 1999;53:369-75 pubmed..In situ hybridization revealed that zfGCNF was predominantly expressed in previtellogenic oocytes in the ovary and in spermatocytes in the testis. ..
- van Elden L, Nijhuis M, Schipper P, Schuurman R, van Loon A. Simultaneous detection of influenza viruses A and B using real-time quantitative PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:196-200 pubmed..This real-time PCR technique was found to be more sensitive than the combination of conventional viral culturing and shell vial culturing. ..
- Bisschop M, Revesz T, Bierings M, van Weerden J, van Wering E, Hahlen K, et al. Extramedullary infiltrates at diagnosis have no prognostic significance in children with acute myeloid leukaemia. Leukemia. 2001;15:46-9 pubmed..The presence of EML at diagnosis had no significant effect on event-free survival. In a stepwise multiple regression analysis only favourable cytogenetic findings remained significant. ..
- van der Velden A, van Nierop K, Voorma H, Thomas A. Ribosomal scanning on the highly structured insulin-like growth factor II-leader 1. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2002;34:286-97 pubmed..As scanning seems unlikely, and internal entry and shunting were shown not to occur, we discuss a modified scanning mechanism for architecturally complex 5'UTRs. ..
- van Venrooij G, van Melick H, Boon T. Comparison of outcomes of transurethral prostate resection in urodynamicallyobstructed versus selected urodynamicallyunobstructed or equivocal men. Urology. 2003;62:672-6 pubmed
- Dolk E, van Vliet C, Perez J, Vriend G, Darbon H, Ferrat G, et al. Induced refolding of a temperature denatured llama heavy-chain antibody fragment by its antigen. Proteins. 2005;59:555-64 pubmed..The refolding capability under these extreme conditions and the stable complex formation make VHHs useful in a wide variety of applications. ..
- Zhernakova A, Eerligh P, Wijmenga C, Barrera P, Roep B, Koeleman B. Differential association of the PTPN22 coding variant with autoimmune diseases in a Dutch population. Genes Immun. 2005;6:459-61 pubmed..05) and early age at onset (P=0.01). PTPN22 is not generally associated with T-cell mediated autoimmune diseases, although it might play a role in the CD patients with early clinical manifestation. ..
- Schooten C, Tjernberg P, Westein E, Terraube V, Castaman G, Mourik J, et al. Cysteine-mutations in von Willebrand factor associated with increased clearance. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3:2228-37 pubmed..The observation that various mutations are associated with increased in vivo clearance may have major implications for the therapeutic strategies that rely on the rise of endogenous VWF after desmopressin administration. ..
- van der Groep P, Hoelzel M, Buerger H, Joenje H, de Winter J, van Diest P. Loss of expression of FANCD2 protein in sporadic and hereditary breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;107:41-7 pubmed..FANCD2 is of independent prognostic value in sporadic breast cancer. ..
- de Groot Mijnes J, ten Dam van Loon N, Weersink A, van Loon A, Rothova A. [Relationship between rubella virus and Fuchs heterochromic uveitis; 2 patients]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2007;151:2631-4 pubmed..Little is known about the pathogenesis ofFHU, but recent publications have provided evidence for the possible involvement of the rubella virus...
- Keestra A, van Putten J. Unique properties of the chicken TLR4/MD-2 complex: selective lipopolysaccharide activation of the MyD88-dependent pathway. J Immunol. 2008;181:4354-62 pubmed
- Opstelten W, van Essen G, Hak E. Determinants of non-compliance with herpes zoster vaccination in the community-dwelling elderly. Vaccine. 2009;27:192-6 pubmed publisher..Uptake of HZ vaccination was rather low and more data on (cost-)effectiveness might encourage GPs to offer HZ vaccination to their patients. ..
- van Hattem W, Brosens L, Marks S, Milne A, van Eeden S, Iacobuzio Donahue C, et al. Increased cyclooxygenase-2 expression in juvenile polyposis syndrome. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;7:93-7 pubmed publisher..022), but not in sporadic juvenile polyps. Juvenile polyposis and sporadic juvenile polyps show distinctive expression profiles of COX-2 that may have clinical implications. ..
- Meijer A, Lackenby A, Hungnes O, Lina B, van der Werf S, Schweiger B, et al. Oseltamivir-resistant influenza virus A (H1N1), Europe, 2007-08 season. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:552-60 pubmed publisher..Overall, the clinical effect of ORVs in Europe, measured by influenza-like illness or acute respiratory infection, was unremarkable and consistent with normal seasonal activity. ..
- Vlak M, Algra A, Brandenburg R, Rinkel G. Prevalence of unruptured intracranial aneurysms, with emphasis on sex, age, comorbidity, country, and time period: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Neurol. 2011;10:626-36 pubmed publisher..Julius Centre for Health Sciences and Primary Care and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, University Medical Centre, Utrecht. ..
- van den Hoek H, Bos W, de Boer A, van de Garde E. Statins and prevention of infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of data from large randomised placebo controlled trials. BMJ. 2011;343:d7281 pubmed publisher..Absence of any evidence for a beneficial effect in large placebo controlled trials reduces the likelihood of a causal effect as reported in observational studies. ..
- Grool A, van der Graaf Y, Visseren F, de Borst G, Algra A, Geerlings M. Self-rated health status as a risk factor for future vascular events and mortality in patients with symptomatic and asymptomatic atherosclerotic disease: the SMART study. J Intern Med. 2012;272:277-86 pubmed publisher..Poorer self-rated physical and mental health status increases the risk of vascular events and mortality in a broad population of patients with symptomatic and asymptomatic atherosclerotic disease. ..
- Sinoo M, Kort H, Duijnstee M. Visual functioning in nursing home residents: information in client records. J Clin Nurs. 2012;21:1913-21 pubmed publisher..Problems with visual functioning should be assessed and captured in client records. Awareness of residents' visual functioning is a prerequisite for adapting basic daily care to the residents' needs. ..
- Melsen W, Rovers M, Groenwold R, Bergmans D, Camus C, Bauer T, et al. Attributable mortality of ventilator-associated pneumonia: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from randomised prevention studies. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013;13:665-71 pubmed publisher..Attributable mortality is mainly caused by prolonged exposure to the risk of dying due to increased length of ICU stay. None. ..
- Menting A, Orobio de Castro B, Matthys W. Effectiveness of the Incredible Years parent training to modify disruptive and prosocial child behavior: a meta-analytic review. Clin Psychol Rev. 2013;33:901-13 pubmed publisher..Findings indicate that the IYPT is successful in improving child behavior in a diverse range of families, and that the parent program may be considered well-established. ..
- Berentzen N, Smit H, Bekkers M, Brunekreef B, Koppelman G, de Jongste J, et al. Time in bed, sleep quality and associations with cardiometabolic markers in children: the Prevention and Incidence of Asthma and Mite Allergy birth cohort study. J Sleep Res. 2014;23:3-12 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we consider it premature to propose that improved sleep could reduce cardiovascular risk during childhood. ..
- Avena Koenigsberger A, Goni J, Betzel R, van den Heuvel M, Griffa A, Hagmann P, et al. Using Pareto optimality to explore the topology and dynamics of the human connectome. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..This approach allows us to investigate network topologies that emerge under specific selection pressures, thus providing some insight into the selectional forces that may have shaped the network architecture of existing human brains. ..
- NystrÃ¶m M, Hooge I, Andersson R. Pupil size influences the eye-tracker signal during saccades. Vision Res. 2016;121:95-103 pubmed publisher..It is important to be aware of this pupil size dependent change when comparing fine grained oculomotor behavior across participants and conditions. ..
- Zonneveld N, Vat L, Vlek H, Minkman M. The development of integrated diabetes care in the Netherlands: a multiplayer self-assessment analysis. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:219 pubmed publisher..This reflects that the professional disciplines and the roles of stakeholders influence the way they asses the development of their integrated care setting, or that certain stakeholder groups could be less involved or informed. ..
- van Woerkum F, Bont L, Haas F, Freund M, van Gestel S. Aortoesophageal fistula due to double aortic arch and prolonged nasogastric intubation: case report and review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr. 2006;165:660-1 pubmed..It can cause massive gastrointestinal hemorrhage. We present an infant with an operatively corrected double aortic arch, who developed this complication after prolonged nasogastric intubation. ..
- van der Kooij M, Groenendaal F, Kavelaars A, Heijnen C, van Bel F. Neuroprotective properties and mechanisms of erythropoietin in in vitro and in vivo experimental models for hypoxia/ischemia. Brain Res Rev. 2008;59:22-33 pubmed publisher..We aim to provide the reader with a timely overview on the use of EPO in models of stroke and hypoxia-ischemia and to discuss the molecular events that underlie its neuroprotection. ..
- Verhaegh B, De Vries F, Masclee A, Keshavarzian A, de Boer A, Souverein P, et al. High risk of drug-induced microscopic colitis with concomitant use of NSAIDs and proton pump inhibitors. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2016;43:1004-13 pubmed publisher..Concomitant use of NSAIDs and PPIs showed the highest risk of MC. Acid suppression related dysbiosis may contribute to the PPI effect, which may be exacerbated by NSAID-related side-effects. ..
- Brantjes H, Roose J, van de Wetering M, Clevers H. All Tcf HMG box transcription factors interact with Groucho-related co-repressors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:1410-9 pubmed..Although Grg-5 contains the GP homology domain that mediates HDAC binding in long Grg proteins, Grg-5 fails to bind this co-repressor, explaining how it can de-repress transcription. ..
- Selfhout M, Branje S, Meeus W. The development of delinquency and perceived friendship quality in adolescent best friendship dyads. J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2008;36:471-85 pubmed..No interaction effects between friendship quality and friends' delinquency on adolescent delinquency were found. Thus, findings were more in support of the differential association theory than of the social control theory. ..
- van Leuken R, Luna Vargas M, Sixma T, Wolthuis R, Medema R. Usp39 is essential for mitotic spindle checkpoint integrity and controls mRNA-levels of aurora B. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2710-9 pubmed..Our observations suggest Usp39 to be involved in splicing of Aurora B and other mRNAs that are essential for proper spindle checkpoint function. ..
- Broekmans F, DE Ziegler D, Howles C, Gougeon A, Trew G, Olivennes F. The antral follicle count: practical recommendations for better standardization. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:1044-51 pubmed publisher..The authors also advocate a systematic evaluation of these recommendations as standardized study data become available. ..
- Oostenbroek H, Brand R, Van Roermund P. Lower limb deformity due to failed trauma treatment corrected with the Ilizarov technique: factors affecting the complication rate in 52 patients. Acta Orthop. 2009;80:435-9 pubmed publisher..The visualization of the analysis in a simple graph may assist comparison of the complication rates in the literature. ..
- van den Berghe P, Stapelbroek J, Krieger E, de Bie P, van de Graaf S, de Groot R, et al. Reduced expression of ATP7B affected by Wilson disease-causing mutations is rescued by pharmacological folding chaperones 4-phenylbutyrate and curcumin. Hepatology. 2009;50:1783-95 pubmed publisher..These findings might enable novel treatment strategies in WD by directly enhancing the protein expression of mutant ATP7B with residual copper export activity. 1795.). ..
- van Herk Sukel M, van de Poll Franse L, Voogd A, Nieuwenhuijzen G, Coebergh J, Herings R. Half of breast cancer patients discontinue tamoxifen and any endocrine treatment before the end of the recommended treatment period of 5 years: a population-based analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:843-51 pubmed publisher..Identification of patients at risk of discontinuation will assist in the development of interventions to improve treatment continuation comparable to that of patients included in clinical trials. ..
- Garssen B, Boomsma M, Beelen R. Psychological factors in immunomodulation induced by cancer surgery: a review. Biol Psychol. 2010;85:1-13 pubmed publisher..We recommend that future studies exploring the role of psychological factors on immune function and survival focus more on their influence during the peri-surgical period. ..
- Van Vlerken L, van Soest H, Janssen M, Boland G, Drenth J, Burger D, et al. Suboptimal endogenous erythropoietin response in chronic hepatitis C patients during ribavirin and PEG interferon treatment. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;22:1308-15 pubmed publisher..Endogenous erythropoietin production is suboptimal during antiviral therapy, supporting use of erythropoietic growth factors. ..
- de Haan C, Molinari M, Reggiori F. Autophagy-independent LC3 function in vesicular traffic. Autophagy. 2010;6:994-6 pubmed publisher..While it seems clear that CoVs hijack ER-derived host cell membranes for replication, the mechanism by which these DMVs are assembled has remained completely mysterious...
- de Leeuw J, de Bruijn M, de Weert van Oene G, Schrijvers A. Internet and game behaviour at a secondary school and a newly developed health promotion programme: a prospective study. BMC Public Health. 2010;10:544 pubmed publisher..A case-control study is needed to further assess the programme-induced changes in Internet and game behaviour of school children. ..
- de Groot P, Meijers J. ?(2) -Glycoprotein I: evolution, structure and function. J Thromb Haemost. 2011;9:1275-84 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will highlight and summarize the current knowledge on this protein. ..
- Beentjes M, Jans S. [Revised practice guideline 'Anaemia in midwifery practice']. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2012;156:A3711 pubmed..In order to achieve good continuity of care, collaboration between obstetricians and general practitioners is important. ..
- Verster J, Roth T. Blood drug concentrations of benzodiazepines correlate poorly with actual driving impairment. Sleep Med Rev. 2013;17:153-9 pubmed publisher..Future driving studies should assess blood drug levels as a standard procedure, to enable further research into the relationship between blood drug concentration and performance impairment. ..
- Harakalová M, van der Smagt J, de Kovel C, van t Slot R, Poot M, Nijman I, et al. Incomplete segregation of MYH11 variants with thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections and patent ductus arteriosus. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:487-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study underscores that segregation analysis remains very important in clinical genetics. Prediction programs and mutation evaluation algorithms need to be interpreted with caution. ..
- Xu Q, Almudervar A, Casey J, Pichichero M. Nasopharyngeal bacterial interactions in children. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1738-45 pubmed publisher..Bacterial interactions result in differing pathogen prevalence during periods of health and at onset of AOM. H. influenzae might become a more common cause of AOM among children who receive pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. ..
- Nieuwenhuizen L, Schutgens R, Coeleveld K, Mastbergen S, Schiffelers R, Roosendaal G, et al. Silencing of protease-activated receptors attenuates synovitis and cartilage damage following a joint bleed in haemophilic mice. Haemophilia. 2016;22:152-9 pubmed publisher..01). This study demonstrates that synovial and chondrocyte PAR expression is altered upon a joint bleed, and that treatment with PAR1-4 siRNA attenuates synovitis and plasmin-induced cartilage damage. ..
- van Dongen T, Idenburg F, Tan E, Rasmussen T, Hamming J, Leenen L, et al. Combat related vascular injuries: Dutch experiences from a role 2 MTF in Afghanistan. Injury. 2016;47:94-8 pubmed publisher..For optimal analysis there is need for detailed (NATO wide) registration with uniform definitions for vascular injuries. Level IV--Epidemiologic study. ..
- Stringer S, Denys D, Kahn R, Derks E. What Cure Models Can Teach us About Genome-Wide Survival Analysis. Behav Genet. 2016;46:269-80 pubmed publisher..Since genome-wide cure survival analysis is not computationally feasible, we recommend this analysis for genetic variants that are significant in a traditional survival analysis. ..
- van t Noordende J, van Hoogmoed A, Schot W, Kroesbergen E. Number line estimation strategies in children with mathematical learning difficulties measured by eye tracking. Psychol Res. 2016;80:368-78 pubmed publisher..Children with math difficulties are less capable of adapting their estimation strategies to the numbers to be estimated and of effectively using reference points on the number line. ..
- Renkema G, Visser G, Baertling F, Wintjes L, Wolters V, van Montfrans J, et al. Mutated PET117 causes complex IV deficiency and is associated with neurodevelopmental regression and medulla oblongata lesions. Hum Genet. 2017;136:759-769 pubmed publisher..This case presentation thus implicates mutations in PET117 as a novel cause of mitochondrial disease. ..
- Pereira C, Middel J, Jansen G, Verhoef J, Nottet H. Enhanced expression of fractalkine in HIV-1 associated dementia. J Neuroimmunol. 2001;115:168-75 pubmed..We propose that fractalkine produced during interactions between astrocytes and HIV-infected macrophages plays a role in HAD by regulating the trafficking of monocytic cells in the brain parenchyma. ..
- Eckhardt M, Van Venrooij G, Boon T. Symptoms, prostate volume, and urodynamic findings in elderly male volunteers without and with LUTS and in patients with LUTS suggestive of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urology. 2001;58:966-71 pubmed..Except for a smaller prostate volume, the findings in the volunteers with LUTS closely approximated those of the urologic patients with LUTS. ..
- Hildebrand M, De Ruiter C. PCL-R psychopathy and its relation to DSM-IV Axis I and II disorders in a sample of male forensic psychiatric patients in The Netherlands. Int J Law Psychiatry. 2004;27:233-48 pubmed
- Jansen N, Roosendaal G, Bijlsma J, Degroot J, Lafeber F. Exposure of human cartilage tissue to low concentrations of blood for a short period of time leads to prolonged cartilage damage: an in vitro study. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:199-207 pubmed..This suggests that aspiration of blood from the joint within 2 days after hemarthrosis should be considered to prevent blood-induced joint damage in the long term. ..
- Kanis M, Wisse R, Berendschot T, van de Kraats J, van Norren D. Foveal cone-photoreceptor integrity in aging macula disorder. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:2077-81 pubmed publisher..To establish the relation between AMD stage and a quantitative measure for the integrity of foveal cone photoreceptors related to the optical Stiles-Crawford effect...
- van der Spek E, Bloem A, Lokhorst H, van Kessel B, Bogers Boer L, van de Donk N. Inhibition of the mevalonate pathway potentiates the effects of lenalidomide in myeloma. Leuk Res. 2009;33:100-8 pubmed publisher..Mevalonate and GGOH abrogated the synergy between lenalidomide and simvastatin. These data provide a rationale for the clinical evaluation of lenalidomide and simvastatin in patients with myeloma. ..
- van de Ven S, Wiethoff A, Nielsen T, Brendel B, van der Voort M, Nachabe R, et al. A novel fluorescent imaging agent for diffuse optical tomography of the breast: first clinical experience in patients. Mol Imaging Biol. 2010;12:343-8 pubmed publisher..No adverse events occurred. Lowest doses of Omocianine performed best in lesion detection; DOT using a low-dose fluorescent agent is feasible and safe for breast cancer visualization in patients. ..
- Leenen L. Abdominal trauma: from operative to nonoperative management. Injury. 2009;40 Suppl 4:S62-8 pubmed publisher..Adjuncts to nonoperative care include embolisation of the spleen and liver in cases of arterial bleeding, and endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreaticography (ERCP) and stenting for injuries to the biliary tree...
- van den Berg M, de Bakker D, Spreeuwenberg P, Westert G, Braspenning J, van der Zee J, et al. Labour intensity of guidelines may have a greater effect on adherence than GPs' workload. BMC Fam Pract. 2009;10:74 pubmed publisher..However, guideline recommendations that require an extra time investment are significantly less well adhered to while those that can save time are significantly more often adhered to. ..
- Antolino Lobo I, Meulenbelt J, Nijmeijer S, Scherpenisse P, van den Berg M, van Duursen M. Differential roles of phase I and phase II enzymes in 3,4-methylendioxymethamphetamine-induced cytotoxicity. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:1105-12 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CYP2D6 as well as CYP3A4 play an important role in MDMA bioactivation. In addition, further studies are needed to address the differential roles of CYP3A4 and GSH/GST in MDMA bioactivation and detoxification. ..
- Putters J, Slotman J, Gerlach J, Strous G. Specificity, location and function of ?TrCP isoforms and their splice variants. Cell Signal. 2011;23:641-7 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we find that one splice variant of ?TrCP2 localises exclusively to the nucleus and another only to the cytosol. In addition, we show that the substrate binding domain of ?TrCP is the dominant localisation determinant. ..
- Wehrens E, Mijnheer G, Duurland C, Klein M, Meerding J, van Loosdregt J, et al. Functional human regulatory T cells fail to control autoimmune inflammation due to PKB/c-akt hyperactivation in effector cells. Blood. 2011;118:3538-48 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these findings suggest that for a Treg enhancing strategy to be successful in the treatment of autoimmune inflammation, resistance because of PKB/c-akt hyperactivation should be targeted as well. ..
- Brandys M, Kas M, Van Elburg A, Ophoff R, Slof Op t Landt M, Middeldorp C, et al. The Val66Met polymorphism of the BDNF gene in anorexia nervosa: new data and a meta-analysis. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2013;14:441-51 pubmed publisher..07, P = 0.319). The quality of included studies was good and there was no significant heterogeneity across the effect sizes. Our analyses indicate that the BDNF Val66Met variant is not associated with AN at detectable levels. ..
- Zomer Kooijker K, Slieker M, Kentie P, van der Ent C, Meijer Y. A prediction rule for food challenge outcome in children. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2012;23:353-9 pubmed publisher..We aimed to determine questionnaire and test-based characteristics, to predict the food challenge outcome (FCO) in children referred to a tertiary centre for the evaluation of food-related symptoms...
- Mortaz E, Masjedi M, Allameh A, Adcock I. Inflammasome signaling in pathogenesis of lung diseases. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:2320-8 pubmed
- Adams A, Mourik J, van der Voort M, Pearlman P, Nielsen T, Mali W, et al. Estimation of detection limits of a clinical fluorescence optical mammography system for the near-infrared fluorophore IRDye800CW: phantom experiments. J Biomed Opt. 2012;17:076022 pubmed publisher..These results support the start of clinical trials to evaluate the fluorescence optical mammography system using IRDye800CW labeled breast cancer targeting ligands. ..
- Victoor A, Friele R, Delnoij D, Rademakers J. Free choice of healthcare providers in the Netherlands is both a goal in itself and a precondition: modelling the policy assumptions underlying the promotion of patient choice through documentary analysis and interviews. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:441 pubmed publisher..e. choice as a value. There was also relatively little attention paid to the consequences on equity of outcomes if some patient groups are less inclined or able to choose actively. ..
- Brouwers J, Aalberts M, Jansen J, van Niel G, Wauben M, Stout T, et al. Distinct lipid compositions of two types of human prostasomes. Proteomics. 2013;13:1660-6 pubmed publisher..Potential implications of the lipid compositions of prostasomes for the mechanisms of their formation and function are discussed. ..
- Labrijn A, Meesters J, de Goeij B, van den Bremer E, Neijssen J, van Kampen M, et al. Efficient generation of stable bispecific IgG1 by controlled Fab-arm exchange. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:5145-50 pubmed publisher..Proof-of-concept studies with HER2×CD3 (T-cell recruitment) and HER2×HER2 (dual epitope targeting) bsAbs demonstrate superior in vivo activity compared with parental antibody pairs. ..
- Keustermans G, Hoeks S, Meerding J, Prakken B, de Jager W. Cytokine assays: an assessment of the preparation and treatment of blood and tissue samples. Methods. 2013;61:10-7 pubmed publisher..By having a clear understanding of what factors influence cytokine levels and how to overcome these technical issues, minimally confounded data can be obtained and cytokines can achieve optimal biomarker activity. ..
- Vriend H, Lugnér A, Xiridou M, Schim van der Loeff M, Prins M, de Vries H, et al. Sexually transmitted infections screening at HIV treatment centers for MSM can be cost-effective. AIDS. 2013;27:2281-90 pubmed publisher..The ICER was most sensitive to the percentage of MSM that continue to be screened elsewhere. ..
- Pieters B, Wilbers N, Huijzer M, Winkens B, Van Zundert A. Comparison of seven videolaryngoscopes with the Macintosh laryngoscope in manikins by experienced and novice personnel. Anaesthesia. 2016;71:556-64 pubmed publisher..Our results underline the importance of variability in device performance across individuals and staff groups, which have important implications for which devices hospital providers should rationally purchase. ..
- Nargund G, Datta A, Fauser B. Mild stimulation for inÂ vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:558-567 pubmed publisher..Emerging research evidence may lead to widespread acceptance of mild IVF, by both patients and IVF providers, and make IVF more accessible to women and couples worldwide. ..
- Pronk A, Preller L, Raulf Heimsoth M, Jonkers I, Lammers J, Wouters I, et al. Respiratory symptoms, sensitization, and exposure response relationships in spray painters exposed to isocyanates. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;176:1090-7 pubmed..Specific IgE was found in only a minority of symptomatic individuals. Specific IgG seems to be merely an indicator of exposure. ..
- de Jager W, Bourcier K, Rijkers G, Prakken B, Seyfert Margolis V. Prerequisites for cytokine measurements in clinical trials with multiplex immunoassays. BMC Immunol. 2009;10:52 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate implementation of an internal control for multiplex cytokine immunoassays. All together we show parameters which are essential for measurement of cytokines in the context of clinical trials. ..