Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on green fluorescent proteins in Utrecht, Netherlands
Locale: Utrecht, Netherlands
Topic: green fluorescent proteins
- Klemm S, Semrau S, Wiebrands K, Mooijman D, Faddah D, Jaenisch R, et al. Transcriptional profiling of cells sorted by RNA abundance. Nat Methods. 2014;11:549-551 pubmed publisher..This method is broadly applicable to profiling transcriptionally distinct cellular states without requiring antibodies or transgenic fluorescent proteins. ..
- Yin X, Farin H, van Es J, Clevers H, Langer R, Karp J. Niche-independent high-purity cultures of Lgr5+ intestinal stem cells and their progeny. Nat Methods. 2014;11:106-12 pubmed publisher..These methods provide new tools for the study and application of multiple intestinal epithelial cell types. ..
- H lzenspies J, Roelen B, Colenbrander B, Romijn R, Hemrika W, Stoorvogel W, et al. Clathrin is essential for meiotic spindle function in oocytes. Reproduction. 2010;140:223-33 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that clathrin plays a crucial role in meiotic spindle function in maturing oocytes, possibly through spindle stabilization...
- Bussmann J, Schulte Merker S. Rapid BAC selection for tol2-mediated transgenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:4327-32 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we provide evidence that BAC size shows no apparent correlation to the transgenesis rate achieved and that there are no severe position effects. ..
- Bialecka M, Wilson V, Deschamps J. Cdx mutant axial progenitor cells are rescued by grafting to a wild type environment. Dev Biol. 2010;347:228-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together with the data shown here, this suggests that Cdx genes function to maintain a signaling-dependent niche for the posterior axial progenitors. ..
- de Lau W, Kujala P, Schneeberger K, Middendorp S, Li V, Barker N, et al. Peyer's patch M cells derived from Lgr5(+) stem cells require SpiB and are induced by RankL in cultured "miniguts". Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3639-47 pubmed publisher..We conclude that RankL-induced expression of SpiB is essential for Lgr5 stem cell-derived epithelial precursors to develop into M cells. ..
- Zacharogianni M, Rabouille C. Trafficking along the secretory pathway in Drosophila cell line and tissues: a light and electron microscopy approach. Methods Cell Biol. 2013;118:35-49 pubmed publisher..Here, we review light and electron microscopy techniques applied to Drosophila that allow gaining insight into the secretory pathway, and can easily be extended to other cell biology-related fields. ..
- Harterink M, da Silva M, Will L, Turan J, Ibrahim A, Lang A, et al. DeActs: genetically encoded tools for perturbing the actin cytoskeleton in single cells. Nat Methods. 2017;14:479-482 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that DeActs are universal tools for studying the actin cytoskeleton in single cells in culture, tissues, and multicellular organisms including various neurodevelopmental model systems. ..
- Koo B, Stange D, Sato T, Karthaus W, Farin H, Huch M, et al. Controlled gene expression in primary Lgr5 organoid cultures. Nat Methods. 2011;9:81-3 pubmed publisher..We present here a method based on Cre recombinase-inducible retrovirus vectors that allows the conditional manipulation of gene expression in primary mouse organoid culture systems. ..
- Keuskamp D, Pollmann S, Voesenek L, Peeters A, Pierik R. Auxin transport through PIN-FORMED 3 (PIN3) controls shade avoidance and fitness during competition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22740-4 pubmed publisher..We conclude that low R:FR modulates the auxin distribution by a change in the cellular location of PIN3, and that this control can be of great importance for plants growing in dense vegetations. ..
- Westerweel P, van Velthoven C, Nguyen T, Den Ouden K, de Kleijn D, Goumans M, et al. Modulation of TGF-?/BMP-6 expression and increased levels of circulating smooth muscle progenitor cells in a type I diabetes mouse model. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2010;9:55 pubmed publisher..This may contribute to exaggerated intimal hyperplasia in diabetes as bone marrow derived cells home to sites of neointima formation. ..
- Monteiro R, de Sousa Lopes S, Bialecka M, de Boer S, Zwijsen A, Mummery C. Real time monitoring of BMP Smads transcriptional activity during mouse development. Genesis. 2008;46:335-46 pubmed publisher..The BRE:gfp transgenic mice are a novel tool, which will facilitate the identification of specific BMP Smad responsive cell types and allow BMP Smad signaling to be monitored in real time, supporting studies in development and disease. ..
- Djakovic Petrovic T, de Wit M, Voesenek L, Pierik R. DELLA protein function in growth responses to canopy signals. Plant J. 2007;51:117-26 pubmed..These data provide novel information on the regulation of shade-avoidance under ecologically important conditions, defining the importance of DELLA proteins and GA and unravelling the existence of GA- and DELLA-independent mechanisms. ..
- Tertoolen L, Blanchetot C, Jiang G, Overvoorde J, Gadella T, Hunter T, et al. Dimerization of receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase alpha in living cells. BMC Cell Biol. 2001;2:8 pubmed..We demonstrate here that RPTPalpha dimerized constitutively in living cells, which may be mediated by the transmembrane domain, providing strong support for the model that dimerization is involved in regulation of RPTPs. ..
- Middelkoop T, Williams L, Yang P, Luchtenberg J, Betist M, Ji N, et al. The thrombospondin repeat containing protein MIG-21 controls a left-right asymmetric Wnt signaling response in migrating C. elegans neuroblasts. Dev Biol. 2012;361:338-48 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MIG-21 and UNC-40 control the asymmetry in Wnt signaling response by restricting posterior polarization to one of the two Q neuroblasts. ..
- Laoukili J, Alvarez Fernandez M, Stahl M, Medema R. FoxM1 is degraded at mitotic exit in a Cdh1-dependent manner. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2720-6 pubmed..Based on these data we propose that Cdh1-dependent degradation of FoxM1 is required to shut down transcriptional activation of mitotic regulators during exit from mitosis. ..
- Vinck A, Terlou M, Pestman W, Martens E, Ram A, van den Hondel C, et al. Hyphal differentiation in the exploring mycelium of Aspergillus niger. Mol Microbiol. 2005;58:693-9 pubmed..Our findings indicate that a fungal mycelium is highly differentiated, especially when taking into account that hyphae in the exploration zone were exposed to the same nutritional conditions. ..
- Giuliani F, Giuliani G, Bauer R, Rabouille C. Innexin 3, a new gene required for dorsal closure in Drosophila embryo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69212 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that Inx3 is a critical factor for dorsal closure and that it mediates the stability of Inx1, 2 and DE-cadherin by forming a complex. ..