Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Hachiōji, Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Hachiōji, Tokyo, Japan
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Iwata S, Masuhara K, Umeki N, Sako Y, Maruta S. Interaction of a novel fluorescent GTP analogue with the small G-protein K-Ras. J Biochem. 2016;159:41-8 pubmed publisher..The mutation at A59T abolished the interaction with SOS1. The results suggest that the fluorescent GTP analogue, NBD-GTP, is applicable to the kinetic studies for small G-proteins. ..
- Park H, Takahashi Y, Fukaya H, Aoyagi Y, Takeya K. S(R)-podolactone D, a new sulfoxide-containing norditerpene dilactone from Podocarpus macrophyllus var. maki. J Nat Prod. 2003;66:282-4 pubmed..The cytotoxic effects of compounds 1 and 2 on P388 murine leukemia cells were also examined. ..
- Adachi Y, Kindzelskii A, Petty A, Huang J, Maeda N, Yotsumoto S, et al. IFN-gamma primes RAW264 macrophages and human monocytes for enhanced oxidant production in response to CpG DNA via metabolic signaling: roles of TLR9 and myeloperoxidase trafficking. J Immunol. 2006;176:5033-40 pubmed..We suggest that amplitude and frequency modulation of cellular metabolic oscillations contribute to intracellular signaling synergy. ..
- Yonashiro R, Sugiura A, Miyachi M, Fukuda T, Matsushita N, Inatome R, et al. Mitochondrial ubiquitin ligase MITOL ubiquitinates mutant SOD1 and attenuates mutant SOD1-induced reactive oxygen species generation. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4524-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate that MITOL plays a protective role against mitochondrial dysfunction caused by the mitochondrial accumulation of mSOD1 via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Yamada Y, Hozumi K, Aso A, Hotta A, Toma K, Katagiri F, et al. Laminin active peptide/agarose matrices as multifunctional biomaterials for tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2012;33:4118-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the peptide/agarose matrices are useful for both two- and three-dimensional cell culture systems as a multifunctional biomaterial for tissue engineering. ..
- Hozumi K, Ishikawa M, Hayashi T, Yamada Y, Katagiri F, Kikkawa Y, et al. Identification of cell adhesive sequences in the N-terminal region of the laminin ?2 chain. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:25111-22 pubmed publisher..These active peptides may provide new insights on the molecular mechanism of laminin-receptor interactions. ..
- Hozumi H, Tada R, Murakami T, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Comparative analysis of hepatic CD14 expression between two different endotoxin shock model mice: relation between hepatic injury and CD14 expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53692 pubmed publisher..Because CD14 expression is correlated with clinical observations, the CAR-primed endotoxin shock model might be useful for studying the functions of CD14 during septic shock in vivo. ..
- Suzuki Y, Adachi Y, Ohno N, Yadomae T. Th1/Th2-Balancing immunomodulating activity of gel-forming (1-->3)-beta-glucans from fungi. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001;24:811-9 pubmed..In conclusion, our study showed that beta-glucans have various effects on the Th1 or Th2-dependent antibody subclasses, in particular, SSG induces the development of Th1 cells via the IL-12 pathway. ..
- Ohno N, Furukawa M, Miura N, Adachi Y, Motoi M, Yadomae T. Antitumor beta glucan from the cultured fruit body of Agaricus blazei. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001;24:820-8 pubmed..These facts strongly suggest that a highly branched 1,3-beta-glucan segment forms the active center of the antitumor activity...
- Tokunaka K, Ohno N, Adachi Y, Miura N, Yadomae T. Application of Candida solubilized cell wall beta-glucan in antitumor immunotherapy against P815 mastocytoma in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2002;2:59-67 pubmed..Third, CSBG enhanced antitumor immunity in gene therapy using B7-1-transfected P815 cells. These results strongly suggest that CSBG enhances the host defense response to tumor due in part to an adjuvant effect. ..
- Hirano K, Miki Y, Hirai Y, Sato R, Itoh T, Hayashi A, et al. A multifunctional shuttling protein nucleolin is a macrophage receptor for apoptotic cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39284-93 pubmed..These results indicate that nucleolin is a macrophage receptor for apoptotic cells. ..
- Hida S, Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Cell wall beta-glucan derived from Candida albicans acts as a trigger for autoimmune arthritis in SKG mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1589-92 pubmed..In histological analysis, infiltration of inflammatory cells was observed in SKG mice injected with BG. These results suggest that fungal infection may be a factor to induce and exacerbate autoimmune diseases such as RA. ..
- Sato K, Minegishi S, Takano J, Plattner F, Saito T, Asada A, et al. Calpastatin, an endogenous calpain-inhibitor protein, regulates the cleavage of the Cdk5 activator p35 to p25. J Neurochem. 2011;117:504-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, impairment of CAST expression and its associated mechanisms may contribute to the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Yamanaka D, Tamiya Y, Motoi M, Ishibashi K, Miura N, Adachi Y, et al. The effect of enzymatically polymerised polyphenols on CD4 binding and cytokine production in murine splenocytes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36025 pubmed publisher..In this study, we clearly demonstrated that enzymatic polymerisation confers immunoactivating potential to phenylpropanoic acids, and CD4 plays a key role in their cytokine-inducing activity. ..
- Baba T, Yamamoto A, Tagaya M, Tani K. A lysophospholipid acyltransferase antagonist, CI-976, creates novel membrane tubules marked by intracellular phospholipase A1 KIAA0725p. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;376:151-61 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the association of KIAA0725p with membranes is regulated by lipid metabolism, and that CI-976 may create unique membrane structures that can be marked by KIAA0725p...
- Sakurai T, Kaise T, Ochi T, Saitoh T, Matsubara C. Study of in vitro cytotoxicity of a water soluble organic arsenic compound, arsenosugar, in seaweed. Toxicology. 1997;122:205-12 pubmed..AsSug enhanced the viability of PMs at an optimal dose of 5 mM; conversely, it showed weak but significant cytotoxicity to AMs (IC50 = 8 mM). ..
- Sakurai T, Fujiwara K. Modulation of cell adhesion and viability of cultured murine bone marrow cells by arsenobetaine, a major organic arsenic compound in marine animals. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;132:143-50 pubmed..4. These findings demonstrate the unique and potent biological effects in mammalian cells of AsBe, a major organic arsenic compound in various marine animals which are ingested daily as seafood in many countries. ..
- Kuroda M, Mimaki Y, Sashida Y, Mae T, Kishida H, Nishiyama T, et al. Phenolics with PPAR-gamma ligand-binding activity obtained from licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis roots) and ameliorative effects of glycyrin on genetically diabetic KK-A(y) mice. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003;13:4267-72 pubmed..Glycyrin, one of the main PPAR-gamma ligands of licorice, significantly decreased the blood glucose levels of genetically diabetic KK-A(y) mice. ..
- Iinuma T, Shiga A, Nakamoto K, O Brien M, Aridor M, Arimitsu N, et al. Mammalian Sec16/p250 plays a role in membrane traffic from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17632-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that KIAA0310p, a mammalian homologue of yeast Sec16, builds up ER exit sites in cooperation with p125 and plays a role in membrane traffic from the ER. ..
- Ishibashi H, Hisajima T, Hu W, Yamaguchi H, Nishiyama Y, Abe S. A murine model of esophageal candidiasis with local characteristic symptoms. Microbiol Immunol. 2007;51:501-6 pubmed..This model would provide a useful tool to investigate the pathogenesis of C. albicans esophageal infection and the efficacy of various antifungal agents microbiologically and symptomatically. ..
- Ohno N. A murine model of vasculitis induced by fungal polysaccharide. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2008;6:44-52 pubmed..This model is also expected to be useful for the development of new therapeutic drugs for vasculitis and cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Suzuki N, Hozumi K, Urushibata S, Yoshimura T, Kikkawa Y, Gumerson J, et al. Identification of alpha-dystroglycan binding sequences in the laminin alpha2 chain LG4-5 module. Matrix Biol. 2010;29:143-51 pubmed publisher..These peptides are useful for elucidating molecular mechanisms of heparan sulfate- and/or alpha-dystroglycan-mediated biological functions of the laminin alpha2 chain. ..
- Hosokawa T, Saito T, Asada A, Fukunaga K, Hisanaga S. Quantitative measurement of in vivo phosphorylation states of Cdk5 activator p35 by Phos-tag SDS-PAGE. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:1133-43 pubmed publisher..These are the first quantitative and site-specific measurements of phosphorylation of p35, demonstrating the usefulness of Phos-tag SDS-PAGE for analysis of phosphorylation states of in vivo proteins. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Hayashi A, Campagnoni C, Kimura A, Inuzuka T, Baba H. L-MPZ, a novel isoform of myelin P0, is produced by stop codon readthrough. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17765-76 pubmed publisher..Since this is the first finding of stop codon readthrough in a common mammalian protein, detailed analysis of L-MPZ expression will help to understand the mechanism of stop codon readthrough in mammals. ..
- Fujisaki R, Kamei K, Yamamura M, Nishiya H, Inouye S, Takahashi M, et al. In vitro and in vivo anti-plasmodial activity of essential oils, including hinokitiol. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2012;43:270-9 pubmed..Caraway oil and hinokitiol dissolved in carrier oil, applied to the skin of hairless mice caused high levels in the blood, with concentrations exceeding their IC50 values. ..
- Hirano K, van Kuppevelt T, Nishihara S. The transition of mouse pluripotent stem cells from the naïve to the primed state requires Fas signaling through 3-O sulfated heparan sulfate structures recognized by the HS4C3 antibody. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:1175-81 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the HS4C3-binding epitope is necessary for the transition to the primed state. We propose that Fas signaling through the HS4C3-binding epitope contributes to the transition from the naïve state to the primed state. ..
- Ninomiya K, Hayama K, Ishijima S, Maruyama N, Irie H, Kurihara J, et al. Suppression of inflammatory reactions by terpinen-4-ol, a main constituent of tea tree oil, in a murine model of oral candidiasis and its suppressive activity to cytokine production of macrophages in vitro. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013;36:838-44 pubmed..albicans cells. Based on these findings, the role of the anti-inflammatory action of T-4-ol in its therapeutic activity against oral candidiasis was discussed. ..
- Kutsukake M, Matsutani T, Tamura K, Matsuda A, Kobayashi M, Tachikawa E, et al. Pioglitazone attenuates lung injury by modulating adipose inflammation. J Surg Res. 2014;189:295-303 pubmed publisher..Pioglitazone effectively prevents lung injury caused by CLP-induced sepsis by maintaining the anti-inflammatory status of visceral adipose tissue. ..
- Takahashi M, Ishida M, Saito T, Ohshima T, Hisanaga S. Valproic acid downregulates Cdk5 activity via the transcription of the p35 mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:678-82 pubmed publisher..The chronic administration of VPA also downregulated p35 in mouse brains. These results indicate that VPA regulates Cdk5 activity in neurons via p35 transcription mediated by HDAC inhibition. ..
- Nishihara S, Iwasaki H, Nakajima K, Togayachi A, Ikehara Y, Kudo T, et al. Alpha1,3-fucosyltransferase IX (Fut9) determines Lewis X expression in brain. Glycobiology. 2003;13:445-55 pubmed..Immunohistochemistry with anti-Fut9 monoclonal antibody revealed the distribution of the Lex structure. These results showed that Fut9 is the most responsible enzyme for the synthesis of Lex in brain. ..
- Hasegawa H, Matsukawa T, Shinohara Y, Konno R, Hashimoto T. Role of renal D-amino-acid oxidase in pharmacokinetics of D-leucine. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E160-5 pubmed..77, whereas that in five-sixths-nephrectomized rats was 0.25. The elimination behavior of d-[(2)H(7)]leucine observed in rats suggested that kidney was the principal organ responsible for converting d-leucine to KIC. ..
- Inoue M, Beauchamp G, Bachmanov A. Gustatory neural responses to umami taste stimuli in C57BL/6ByJ and 129P3/J mice. Chem Senses. 2004;29:789-95 pubmed..Strain differences in gustatory neural responses to nucleotides but not glutamate suggest that these compounds may activate distinct taste transduction mechanisms. ..
- Fukuda K, Kikuchi Y. Endoderm development in vertebrates: fate mapping, induction and regional specification. Dev Growth Differ. 2005;47:343-55 pubmed..We discuss the classical fate mapping of the endoderm and the more recent progress in characterizing its induction, segregation and regional specification. ..
- Iwaoka S, Nakamura T, Takano S, Tsuchiya S, Aramaki Y. Cationic liposomes induce apoptosis through p38 MAP kinase-caspase-8-Bid pathway in macrophage-like RAW264.7 cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;79:184-91 pubmed..7 by SA-liposomes was mediated by the MAPK p38 and a caspase-8-dependent Bid-cleavage pathway. Moreover, we found that ROS can contribute intimately to the SA-liposome-induced cell death in RAW264.7. ..
- Hirao N, Sato S, Gotoh T, Maruoka M, Suzuki J, Matsuda S, et al. NESH (Abi-3) is present in the Abi/WAVE complex but does not promote c-Abl-mediated phosphorylation. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6464-70 pubmed..Our results suggest that NESH (Abi-3), like Abi-1 and Abi-2, is a component of the Abi/WAVE complex, but likely plays a different role in the regulation of c-Abl. ..
- Ishibashi H, Uchida K, Nishiyama Y, Yamaguchi H, Abe S. Oral administration of itraconazole solution has superior efficacy in experimental oral and oesophageal candidiasis in mice than its intragastric administration. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2007;59:317-20 pubmed..This can be explained by there being higher concentrations of itraconazole in tongues or oesophagus tissues after administration of the suspension by the oral route. ..
- Watatani Y, Ichikawa K, Nakanishi N, Fujimoto M, Takeda H, Kimura N, et al. Stress-induced translation of ATF5 mRNA is regulated by the 5'-untranslated region. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2543-53 pubmed..These results suggest that translation of ATF5 is regulated by the alternative 5'-UTR region of its mRNA, and ATF5 may play a role in protecting cells from amino acid limitation or arsenite-induced oxidative stress. ..
- Negishi Y, Endo Y, Fukuyama T, Suzuki R, Takizawa T, Omata D, et al. Delivery of siRNA into the cytoplasm by liposomal bubbles and ultrasound. J Control Release. 2008;132:124-30 pubmed publisher..Transfection of siRNA into the tibialis muscles with BL and US was also performed. The gene-silencing effect could be sustained for more than 3 weeks. Thus, BL could be a useful siRNA delivery tool in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Kikkawa Y, Takahashi N, Matsuda Y, Miwa T, Akizuki T, Kataoka A, et al. The influence of synthetic peptides derived from the laminin alpha1 chain on hepatocyte adhesion and gene expression. Biomaterials. 2009;30:6888-95 pubmed publisher..The amino acid sequence of A13 peptide was required for regulating hepatocyte behavior. The hepatocyte adhesive peptides can be utilized in tailoring synthetic biomaterials in order to achieve a specific cellular response. ..
- Hasuda T, Hitotsuyanagi Y, Takeya K. Production of monoclonal antibodies against antitumor cyclohexapeptide RA-VII from Rubia cordifolia and their characterization. J Nat Med. 2011;65:588-93 pubmed publisher..Two clones were isolated, one producing MAb IgG(1) and the other IgM, both having a ? light chain. The sensitivity and cross-reactivity of the thus obtained MAb were also assayed...
- Arimitsu N, Kogure T, Baba T, Nakao K, Hamamoto H, Sekimizu K, et al. p125/Sec23-interacting protein (Sec23ip) is required for spermiogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2171-6 pubmed publisher..p125 was found to be expressed at stages I-XII of spermatogenesis, similar to the expression pattern of proteins involved in acrosome biogenesis. These results suggest that p125 plays an important role in spermiogenesis. ..
- Katagiri F, Takagi M, Nakamura M, Tanaka Y, Hozumi K, Kikkawa Y, et al. Screening of integrin-binding peptides in a laminin peptide library derived from the mouse laminin ? chain short arm regions. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2014;550-551:33-41 pubmed publisher..These findings are useful for identifying an integrin binding motif. The B67 peptide has potential for use as a molecular probe for integrins. ..
- Toyooka K, Okamoto T, Minamikawa T. Mass transport of proform of a KDEL-tailed cysteine proteinase (SH-EP) to protein storage vacuoles by endoplasmic reticulum-derived vesicle is involved in protein mobilization in germinating seeds. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:453-64 pubmed
- Hitotsuyanagi Y, Hasuda T, Aihara T, Ishikawa H, Yamaguchi K, Itokawa H, et al. Synthesis of [Gly-1]RA-VII, [Gly-2]RA-VII, and [Gly-4]RA-VII. Glycine-containing analogues of RA-VII, an antitumor bicyclic hexapeptide from Rubia plants. J Org Chem. 2004;69:1481-6 pubmed
- Hida S, Nagi Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Beta-glucan derived from zymosan acts as an adjuvant for collagen-induced arthritis. Microbiol Immunol. 2006;50:453-61 pubmed..01% NaClO solution) caused arthritis faster than 0.1% OX-ZYM or 0.5% OX-ZYM. In conclusion, beta-glucan derived from ZYM by brief oxidation with NaClO is a suitable adjuvant for a CIA model with anti-CII antibody production. ..
- Seki Y, Mizukura M, Ichimiya T, Suda Y, Nishihara S, Masuda M, et al. O-sulfate groups of heparin are critical for inhibition of ecotropic murine leukemia virus infection by heparin. Virology. 2012;424:56-66 pubmed publisher..This analysis indicated that the O-sulfate groups of heparin play a major role in determining Env-dependent inhibitory effects. ..
- Hasuda T, Hitotsuyanagi Y, Takeya K. Monoclonal antibodies from Rubia cordifolia against antitumor cyclohexapeptide deoxybouvardin and their use in immunoassay. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2012;31:20-4 pubmed publisher..Two clones were isolated, one producing MAb IgG(1) and the other MAb IgG(2b), both having a ? light chain. The resultant MAbs were evaluated for their sensitivity and cross-reactivity. ..
- Katagiri F, Ishikawa M, Yamada Y, Hozumi K, Kikkawa Y, Nomizu M. Screening of integrin-binding peptides from the laminin ?4 and ?5 chain G domain peptide library. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2012;521:32-42 pubmed publisher..Integrin binding peptides are useful for understanding laminin functions and have a potential to use for biomaterials and drug development. ..
- Yamanaka D, Tada R, Adachi Y, Ishibashi K, Motoi M, Iwakura Y, et al. Agaricus brasiliensis-derived ?-glucans exert immunoenhancing effects via a dectin-1-dependent pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;14:311-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results clearly indicate that the immunostimulation induced by Agaricus-derived polysaccharides is exerted, at least in part, via dectin-1 in combination with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor. ..
- Negishi Y, Hamano N, Tsunoda Y, Oda Y, Choijamts B, Endo Takahashi Y, et al. AG73-modified Bubble liposomes for targeted ultrasound imaging of tumor neovasculature. Biomaterials. 2013;34:501-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is suggested that AG73-BLs may become useful ultrasound contrast agents in the clinic for diagnosis based on ultrasound imaging. ..
- Wakita S, Kobayashi S, Kimura M, Kashimura A, Honda S, Sakaguchi M, et al. Mouse acidic mammalian chitinase exhibits transglycosylation activity at somatic tissue pH. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3310-3318 pubmed publisher..0. These results indicate that mouse AMCase catalyzes hydrolysis as well as transglycosylation and suggest that this enzyme can play a novel role under physiological conditions in peripheral tissues, such as the lungs. ..
- Zhang W, Sakoda H, Miura A, Shimizu K, Mori K, Miyazato M, et al. Neuromedin U suppresses glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in pancreatic β cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:677-683 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results highlight the crucial role of NMU in suppressing pancreatic insulin secretion, and may improve our understanding of glucose homeostasis. ..
- Chiwata T, Aragane K, Fujinami K, Kojima K, Ishibashi S, Yamada N, et al. Direct effect of an acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitor, F-1394, on atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E and low density lipoprotein receptor double knockout mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;133:1005-12 pubmed..These results indicate that ACAT may be primarily responsible for lipid accumulation in atherosclerotic lesions, and that its inhibition diminishes the lipid deposition via a direct effect on macrophages in the arterial wall. ..
- Hida S, Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Influence of arginine deimination on antigenicity of fibrinogen. J Autoimmun. 2004;23:141-50 pubmed..These results suggested that mouse fibrinogen acquires antigenicity in mice through deimination and therefore, autoantibody such as that detected in RA patients specifically may be induced. ..
- Akimoto N, Sato T, Iwata C, Koshizuka M, Shibata F, Nagai A, et al. Expression of perilipin A on the surface of lipid droplets increases along with the differentiation of hamster sebocytes in vivo and in vitro. J Invest Dermatol. 2005;124:1127-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results provide novel evidence that the expression of perilipin A increases on the surface of intracellular lipid droplets augmented along with the differentiation of hamster sebocytes...
- Aoyagi Y, Takahashi Y, Satake Y, Takeya K, Aiyama R, Matsuzaki T, et al. Cytotoxicity of abietane diterpenoids from Perovskia abrotanoides and of their semisynthetic analogues. Bioorg Med Chem. 2006;14:5285-91 pubmed..Structure and cytotoxic activity relationships (SAR) of the natural and semisynthetic analogues of the presently isolated abietane diterpenoids were studied by using P388 murine leukemia cells...
- Mitsui K, Saito H, Yamamura R, Fukaya H, Hitotsuyanagi Y, Takeya K. Hydroxylated gedunin derivatives from Cedrela sinensis. J Nat Prod. 2006;69:1310-4 pubmed..The structures of 1-4 were determined by a combination of 2D NMR experiments and chemical methods and by X-ray crystallography of 1 and 2...
- Taniguchi M, Taoka M, Itakura M, Asada A, Saito T, Kinoshita M, et al. Phosphorylation of adult type Sept5 (CDCrel-1) by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 inhibits interaction with syntaxin-1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7869-76 pubmed..These results indicate that the interaction of Sept5 with syntaxin-1 is regulated by the phosphorylation of Sept5_v1 at Ser17 by Cdk5-p35. ..
- Nagi Miura N, Shingo Y, Kurihara K, Adachi Y, Suzuki K, Ohno N. Involvement of platelet activating factor, histamine and serotonin in acute lethal shock induced by Candida albicans water-soluble extracellular polysaccharide fraction (CAWS) in mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1354-7 pubmed..This finding strongly suggests that the acute lethal reaction to CAWS is a result of the simultaneous production of several physiologically active substances. ..
- Saito M, Nameda S, Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. SPG/IND-induced septic shock in a LPS-low responder strain, C3H/HeJ mice. Microb Pathog. 2008;44:402-9 pubmed..These results strongly suggested that LPS-non-responding strain also induced septic shock in this experimental model, and other pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) may significantly contribute to the septic shock. ..
- Harada T, Miura N, Adachi Y, Nakajima M, Yadomae T, Ohno N. Highly expressed dectin-1 on bone marrow-derived dendritic cells regulates the sensitivity to beta-glucan in DBA/2 mice. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2008;28:477-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the BMDCs from DBA/2 mice are highly sensitive to the induction of cytokine production by SCG in vitro, and that this sensitivity is related to the expression level of dectin-1...
- Shimizu Y, Morita M, Ohmi A, Aoyagi S, Ebihara H, Tonaki D, et al. Fasting induced up-regulation of activating transcription factor 5 in mouse liver. Life Sci. 2009;84:894-902 pubmed publisher..Hepatic Atf5 might be potentially involved in the induction of gluconeogenetic factors during in vivo fasting stress. ..
- Uchida K, Shimogawara K, Yamaguchi H. Correlation of in vitro activity and in vivo efficacy of itraconazole intravenous and oral solubilized formulations by testing Candida strains with various itraconazole susceptibilities in a murine invasive infection. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:626-34 pubmed publisher..The effective doses of the two itraconazole formulations increased with increasing itraconazole MICs for the infecting strains. The in vivo efficacy of intravenous and oral itraconazole correlated with the in vitro susceptibility data. ..
- Seki Y, Hirano N, Mizukura M, Watanabe R, Takase Yoden S. Narrowing down the critical region within env gene for determining neuropathogenicity of murine leukemia virus A8. Microbiol Immunol. 2011;55:694-703 pubmed publisher..In the BamHI (5715)-AgeI (6322) fragment, seven amino acids differed between A8 and 57, one in the signal sequence and six in RBD, which suggests that these amino acids significantly contribute to the neuropathogenicity of A8. ..
- Otani Y, Yamaguchi Y, Sato Y, Furuichi T, Ikenaka K, Kitani H, et al. PLD$ is involved in phagocytosis of microglia: expression and localization changes of PLD4 are correlated with activation state of microglia. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27544 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the increased PLD4 in the activation process is involved in phagocytosis of activated microglia in the developmental stages and pathological conditions of white matter. ..
- Suzuki I, Fukuda M, Shirakawa K, Jiko H, Gotoh M. Carbon nanotube multi-electrode array chips for noninvasive real-time measurement of dopamine, action potentials, and postsynaptic potentials. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;49:270-5 pubmed publisher..CNT-MEA chips could prove useful for in vitro studies of stem cell differentiation, drug screening and toxicity, synaptic plasticity, and pathogenic processes involved in epilepsy, stroke, and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Hatano M, Umemura M, Kimura N, Yamazaki T, Takeda H, Nakano H, et al. The 5'-untranslated region regulates ATF5 mRNA stability via nonsense-mediated mRNA decay in response to environmental stress. FEBS J. 2013;280:4693-707 pubmed publisher..This linkage constitutes a mechanism that regulates expression of stress response genes. ..
- Kashimura A, Okawa K, Ishikawa K, Kida Y, Iwabuchi K, Matsushima Y, et al. Protein A-mouse acidic mammalian chitinase-V5-His expressed in periplasmic space of Escherichia coli possesses chitinase functions comparable to CHO-expressed protein. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78669 pubmed publisher..coli-expressed Protein A-mouse AMCase-V5-His fusion protein possesses chitinase functions comparable to the CHO-expressed AMCase. This recombinant protein can be used to elucidate detailed biomedical functions of the mouse AMCase. ..
- Manabe Y, Ogino S, Ito M, Furuichi Y, Takagi M, Yamada M, et al. Evaluation of an in vitro muscle contraction model in mouse primary cultured myotubes. Anal Biochem. 2016;497:36-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that mouse primary myotubes will be a valuable research tool as an in vitro muscle contraction model. ..
- Kawahara Y, Tanonaka K, Daicho T, Nawa M, Oikawa R, Nasa Y, et al. Preferable anesthetic conditions for echocardiographic determination of murine cardiac function. J Pharmacol Sci. 2005;99:95-104 pubmed..Anesthesia with P30 for the mouse and P40 for the rat rather than ketamine/xylazine may be relevant to the evaluation of cardiac function using echocardiography. ..
- Ichinohe M, Nakamura Y, Sai K, Nakahara M, Yamaguchi H, Fukami K. Lack of phospholipase C-delta1 induces skin inflammation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:912-8 pubmed..Our results also suggest that PLC-delta1 regulates homeostasis of the immune system in skin. ..
- Tani K, Mizoguchi T, Iwamatsu A, Hatsuzawa K, Tagaya M. p125 is a novel mammalian Sec23p-interacting protein with structural similarity to phospholipid-modifying proteins. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20505-12 pubmed..Overexpression of p125, like that of mammalian Sec23p, caused disorganization of the endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment and Golgi apparatus, suggesting its role in the early secretory pathway. ..
- Tani K, Sato S, Sukezane T, Kojima H, Hirose H, Hanafusa H, et al. Abl interactor 1 promotes tyrosine 296 phosphorylation of mammalian enabled (Mena) by c-Abl kinase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21685-92 pubmed..Mutational analysis demonstrated that the phosphorylation site of Mena is Tyr-296. Our results suggest that Abi-1 regulates c-Abl-mediated phosphorylation of Mena by interacting with both proteins. ..
- Suzuki A, Hoshi T, Ishibashi T, Hayashi A, Yamaguchi Y, Baba H. Paranodal axoglial junction is required for the maintenance of the Nav1.6-type sodium channel in the node of Ranvier in the optic nerves but not in peripheral nerve fibers in the sulfatide-deficient mice. Glia. 2004;46:274-83 pubmed..Thus, the paranodal junction significantly influences the retention of Nav1.6 in the node, which is followed by disorganization of nodal structures. However, its importance may differ between the central and peripheral nervous system. ..
- Nakahara M, Shimozawa M, Nakamura Y, Irino Y, Morita M, Kudo Y, et al. A novel phospholipase C, PLC(eta)2, is a neuron-specific isozyme. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29128-34 pubmed..These results indicate that PLC(eta)2 is a neuron-specific isozyme that may be important for the formation and/or maintenance of the neuronal network in the postnatal brain. ..
- Hatanaka A, Umeda N, Yamashita S, Hirazawa N. Identification and characterization of a putative agglutination/immobilization antigen on the surface of Cryptocaryon irritans. Parasitology. 2007;134:1163-74 pubmed..As with Tetrahymena and Paramecium spp., TAA and TAG appear to be used as glutamine codons in the 32 kDa antigen gene. ..
- Arisaka M, Nakamura T, Yamada A, Negishi Y, Aramaki Y. Involvement of protein kinase Cdelta in induction of apoptosis by cationic liposomes in macrophage-like RAW264.7 cells. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1016-20 pubmed publisher..Cell surface proteoglycans may contribute to PKCdelta activation by SA-liposomes. These findings suggest that PKCdelta is strongly associated with apoptosis induced by SA-liposomes. ..
- Kouchi Z, Igarashi T, Shibayama N, Inanobe S, Sakurai K, Yamaguchi H, et al. Phospholipase Cdelta3 regulates RhoA/Rho kinase signaling and neurite outgrowth. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8459-71 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PLC?3 negatively regulates RhoA expression, inhibits RhoA/Rho kinase signaling, and thereby promotes neurite extension. ..
- Ohno M, Tsuda K, Sakaguchi M, Sugahara Y, Oyama F. Chitinase mRNA levels by quantitative PCR using the single standard DNA: acidic mammalian chitinase is a major transcript in the mouse stomach. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50381 pubmed publisher..Our methodology is applicable to the quantification of mRNAs for multiple genes across multiple specimens using the same scale. ..
- Saito T, Yano M, Kawai Y, Asada A, Wada M, Doi H, et al. Structural basis for the different stability and activity between the Cdk5 complexes with p35 and p39 activators. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:32433-9 pubmed publisher..Using substitution mutants, we experimentally validated that the difference in the hydrogen bond network contributes to the different properties between Cdk5 and its activators. ..
- Baba T, Kashiwagi Y, Arimitsu N, Kogure T, Edo A, Maruyama T, et al. Phosphatidic acid (PA)-preferring phospholipase A1 regulates mitochondrial dynamics. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:11497-511 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a possible mechanism of PA regulation of the mitochondrial membrane and demonstrate an in vivo function of PA-PLA1 in the organization of mitochondria during spermiogenesis. ..
- Nagahama M, Usui S, Shinohara T, Yamaguchi T, Tani K, Tagaya M. Inactivation of Galpha(z) causes disassembly of the Golgi apparatus. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4483-93 pubmed..These results taken together suggest a general regulatory role for Galpha(z) in the control of the Golgi structure. ..
- Yamada J, Kuramochi Y, Takagi M, Suga T. Expression of acyl-CoA hydrolase in the developing mouse brain. Neurosci Lett. 2004;355:89-92 pubmed
- Inoue M, Reed D, Li X, Tordoff M, Beauchamp G, Bachmanov A. Allelic variation of the Tas1r3 taste receptor gene selectively affects behavioral and neural taste responses to sweeteners in the F2 hybrids between C57BL/6ByJ and 129P3/J mice. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2296-303 pubmed..This study describes the range of ligand sensitivity of the T1R3 receptor using an in vivo approach and, to our knowledge, is the first genetic mapping study of activity in gustatory nerves. ..
- Kobirumaki F, Miyauchi Y, Fukami K, Tanaka H. A novel UbcH10-binding protein facilitates the ubiquitinylation of cyclin B in vitro. J Biochem. 2005;137:133-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the carboxyl terminal half of H10BH was able to bind cyclin B and ubiquitinylate cyclin B in vitro. These results suggest that H10BH functions as an E3 using UbcH10 for its E2. ..
- Otsuka M, Negishi Y, Aramaki Y. Involvement of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase and ERK pathways in the production of TGF-beta1 by macrophages treated with liposomes composed of phosphatidylserine. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:325-30 pubmed..These findings suggested that a PI3K-ERK signaling pathway via the PS-receptor is intimately involved in the production of TGF-beta1 which regulates macrophage functions. ..
- Hoshi T, Suzuki A, Hayashi S, Tohyama K, Hayashi A, Yamaguchi Y, et al. Nodal protrusions, increased Schmidt-Lanterman incisures, and paranodal disorganization are characteristic features of sulfatide-deficient peripheral nerves. Glia. 2007;55:584-94 pubmed..Therefore, these results indicate that sulfatide may play an important role in the PNS, especially in the regions where myelin-axon interactions occur. ..
- Ikeda Y, Adachi Y, Ishii T, Tamura H, Aketagawa J, Tanaka S, et al. Blocking effect of anti-Dectin-1 antibodies on the anti-tumor activity of 1,3-beta-glucan and the binding of Dectin-1 to 1,3-beta-glucan. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1384-9 pubmed..4B2 and SC30 differ in their influence on Dectin-1 between primary cells and transduced cells, and Dectin-1 effects 1,3-beta-glucan-mediated anti-tumor activity in mice by binding to SPG. ..
- Sasaki N, Okishio K, Ui Tei K, Saigo K, Kinoshita Toyoda A, Toyoda H, et al. Heparan sulfate regulates self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3594-606 pubmed..We propose that HS chains are important for the extrinsic signaling required for mouse ES cell self-renewal and pluripotency. ..