Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Hachiōji, Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Hachiōji, Tokyo, Japan
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Iinuma T, Shiga A, Nakamoto K, O Brien M, Aridor M, Arimitsu N, et al. Mammalian Sec16/p250 plays a role in membrane traffic from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17632-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that KIAA0310p, a mammalian homologue of yeast Sec16, builds up ER exit sites in cooperation with p125 and plays a role in membrane traffic from the ER. ..
- Nakajima K, Tohyama Y, Maeda S, Kohsaka S, Kurihara T. Neuronal regulation by which microglia enhance the production of neurotrophic factors for GABAergic, catecholaminergic, and cholinergic neurons. Neurochem Int. 2007;50:807-20 pubmed..Taken together, neuronal stimulus was found to activate microglia to produce more neurotrophic factors as above, thereby changing microglia into more neurotrophic cells. ..
- Takenaga Y, Takagi N, Murotomi K, Tanonaka K, Takeo S. Inhibition of Src activity decreases tyrosine phosphorylation of occludin in brain capillaries and attenuates increase in permeability of the blood-brain barrier after transient focal cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:1099-108 pubmed publisher
- Fukumoto K, Takagi N, Yamamoto R, Moriyama Y, Takeo S, Tanonaka K. Prostanoid EP1 receptor antagonist reduces blood-brain barrier leakage after cerebral ischemia. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;640:82-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the prostanoid EP1 receptor is involved in the tyrosine phosphorylation of occludin at tight junction, which may lead to disruption of the BBB and be linked to the development of cerebral infarctions. ..
- Shibuya A, Onda K, Kawahara H, Uchiyama Y, Nakayama H, Omi T, et al. Sofalcone, a gastric mucosa protective agent, increases vascular endothelial growth factor via the Nrf2-heme-oxygenase-1 dependent pathway in gastric epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:581-4 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the gastroprotective effects of sofalcone are partly exerted via Nrf2-HO-1 activation followed by VEGF production. ..
- Sugiura A, Yonashiro R, Fukuda T, Matsushita N, Nagashima S, Inatome R, et al. A mitochondrial ubiquitin ligase MITOL controls cell toxicity of polyglutamine-expanded protein. Mitochondrion. 2011;11:139-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a protein quality-control mechanism at the mitochondrial outer membrane via a MITOL-mediated ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Ninomiya K, Hayama K, Ishijima S, Maruyama N, Irie H, Kurihara J, et al. Suppression of inflammatory reactions by terpinen-4-ol, a main constituent of tea tree oil, in a murine model of oral candidiasis and its suppressive activity to cytokine production of macrophages in vitro. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013;36:838-44 pubmed..albicans cells. Based on these findings, the role of the anti-inflammatory action of T-4-ol in its therapeutic activity against oral candidiasis was discussed. ..
- Sugiura A, Nagashima S, Tokuyama T, Amo T, Matsuki Y, Ishido S, et al. MITOL regulates endoplasmic reticulum-mitochondria contacts via Mitofusin2. Mol Cell. 2013;51:20-34 pubmed publisher..A K192R mutation blocked oligomerization even in the presence of GTP. Taken together, these results suggested that MITOL regulates ER tethering to mitochondria by activating Mfn2 via K192 ubiquitination. ..
- Chen F, Mao S, Zeng H, Xue S, Yang J, Nakajima H, et al. Inkjet nanoinjection for high-thoughput chemiluminescence immunoassay on multicapillary glass plate. Anal Chem. 2013;85:7413-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we believe that the inkjet nanoinjection for high-throughput chemiluminescence immunoassay on a multicapillary glass plate will be promising in disease diagnosis. ..
- Takahashi M, Ishida M, Saito T, Ohshima T, Hisanaga S. Valproic acid downregulates Cdk5 activity via the transcription of the p35 mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:678-82 pubmed publisher..The chronic administration of VPA also downregulated p35 in mouse brains. These results indicate that VPA regulates Cdk5 activity in neurons via p35 transcription mediated by HDAC inhibition. ..
- Hitotsuyanagi Y, Lee J, Kato S, Kim I, Kohashi H, Fukaya H, et al. Per-N-methylated analogues of an antitumor bicyclic hexapeptide RA-VII. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011;19:2458-63 pubmed publisher..Their solution structures were established by NOESY experiments and the crystal structures by X-ray crystallography. Those two methylated analogues showed much weaker cytotoxicity against P-388 leukemia cells than the parent RA-VII. ..
- Mi H, Hiramoto K, Kujirai K, Ando K, Ikarashi Y, Kikugawa K. Effect of food reductones, 2,5-dimethyl-4-hydroxy-3(2H)-furanone (DMHF) and hydroxyhydroquinone (HHQ), on lipid peroxidation and type IV and I allergy responses of mouse. J Agric Food Chem. 2001;49:4950-5 pubmed..In no cases were additive effects of NO(2) inhalation observable. Allergen-sensitized type IV and I allergy responses of mice may be enhanced by supplementation of food reductones, DMHF or HHQ...
- Abe T, Takagi N, Nakano M, Furuya M, Takeo S. Altered Bad localization and interaction between Bad and Bcl-xL in the hippocampus after transient global ischemia. Brain Res. 2004;1009:159-68 pubmed..These results suggest that changes in localization and complex formation by Bad are, at least in part, involved in the vulnerability of cells after transient global ischemia. ..
- Yokobori S, Iseto T, Asakawa S, Sasaki T, Shimizu N, Yamagishi A, et al. Complete nucleotide sequences of mitochondrial genomes of two solitary entoprocts, Loxocorone allax and Loxosomella aloxiata: implications for lophotrochozoan phylogeny. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2008;47:612-28 pubmed publisher..Molecular phylogenetic analyses based on the sequences of mt protein-coding genes suggested a possible close relationship between Entoprocta and Phoronida, and a close relationship among Brachiopoda, Annelida, and Echiura...
- Hatanaka A, Umeda N, Hirazawa N. Molecular cloning of a putative agglutination/immobilization antigen located on the surface of a novel agglutination/immobilization serotype of Cryptocaryon irritans. Parasitology. 2008;135:1043-52 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the sequences of serotype G37 were not identical to those of any C. irritans isolate. ..
- Tsujimura Y, Matsutani T, Matsuda A, Kutsukake M, Uchida E, Sasajima K, et al. Effects of pioglitazone on survival and omental adipocyte function in mice with sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture. J Surg Res. 2011;171:e215-21 pubmed publisher..The anti-inflammatory effects of pioglitazone on omental adipocyte function appear to be mediated in part by PPAR-? activation, which down-regulates the production of inflammatory mediators. ..
- Tani K, Oyama Y, Hatsuzawa K, Tagaya M. Hypothetical protein KIAA0079 is a mammalian homologue of yeast Sec24p. FEBS Lett. 1999;447:247-50 pubmed..Overexpression of KIAA0079p caused a defect in protein export from the endoplasmic reticulum. These results support the idea that KIAA0079p is a functional homologue of yeast Sec24p. ..
- Hatsuzawa K, Hirose H, Tani K, Yamamoto A, Scheller R, Tagaya M. Syntaxin 18, a SNAP receptor that functions in the endoplasmic reticulum, intermediate compartment, and cis-Golgi vesicle trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:13713-20 pubmed..Moreover, overexpression of the FLAG-syntaxin 18 mutant inhibited protein export from the endoplasmic reticulum. These results taken together suggest that syntaxin 18 functions in transport between the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi. ..
- Kawakami H, Hiraka K, Nagaoka S, Suzuki Y, Iwaki M. Neuronal attachment and outgrowth on a micropatterned fluorinated polyimide surface. J Artif Organs. 2004;7:83-90 pubmed..This initial study indicated enhanced neurite outgrowth and differentiation of PC12 cells on fluorinated polyimide film micropatterned by ion irradiation...
- Akira K, Imachi M, Hashimoto T. Investigations into biochemical changes of genetic hypertensive rats using 1H nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabonomics. Hypertens Res. 2005;28:425-30 pubmed
- Maruyama N, Ishibashi H, Hu W, Morofuji S, Inouye S, Yamaguchi H, et al. Suppression of carrageenan- and collagen II-induced inflammation in mice by geranium oil. Mediators Inflamm. 2006;2006:62537 pubmed..These results revealed that geranium oil suppressed both acute and chronic inflammatory responses in mice...
- Hayashi A, Nakashima K, Yamagishi K, Hoshi T, Suzuki A, Baba H. Localization of annexin II in the paranodal regions and Schmidt-Lanterman incisures in the peripheral nervous system. Glia. 2007;55:1044-52 pubmed..From its characteristic distribution and molecular features, AX II may be important for myelin function in the PNS. ..
- Ishibashi H, Hisajima T, Hu W, Yamaguchi H, Nishiyama Y, Abe S. A murine model of esophageal candidiasis with local characteristic symptoms. Microbiol Immunol. 2007;51:501-6 pubmed..This model would provide a useful tool to investigate the pathogenesis of C. albicans esophageal infection and the efficacy of various antifungal agents microbiologically and symptomatically. ..
- Nakajima K, Yamamoto S, Tohyama Y, Kohsaka S. Close association of p38 and JNK with plasminogen-dependent upregulation of PAI-1 in rat astrocytes in vitro. Neurosci Lett. 2010;471:66-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, p38 and JNK were shown to be the major MAPKs involved in the signaling cascade leading to PAI-1 induction in astrocytes stimulated with PLGn. ..
- Momose A, Fujita M, Ohtomo T, Umemoto N, Tanonaka K, Toyoda H, et al. Regulated expression of acyl-CoA thioesterases in the differentiation of cultured rat brown adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:74-8 pubmed publisher..ACOT isoform expression may be regulated during brown adipocyte differentiation to support the fat storage and combustion characteristics of this cell type. ..
- Hirata M, Suzuki M, Ishii R, Satow R, Uchida T, Kitazumi T, et al. Genetic defect in phospholipase C?1 protects mice from obesity by regulating thermogenesis and adipogenesis. Diabetes. 2011;60:1926-37 pubmed publisher..PLC?1 has essential roles in thermogenesis and adipogenesis and thereby contributes to the development of obesity. ..
- Seki Y, Mizukura M, Ichimiya T, Suda Y, Nishihara S, Masuda M, et al. O-sulfate groups of heparin are critical for inhibition of ecotropic murine leukemia virus infection by heparin. Virology. 2012;424:56-66 pubmed publisher..This analysis indicated that the O-sulfate groups of heparin play a major role in determining Env-dependent inhibitory effects. ..
- Henstridge D, Bruce C, Pang C, Lancaster G, Allen T, Estevez E, et al. Skeletal muscle-specific overproduction of constitutively activated c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) induces insulin resistance in mice. Diabetologia. 2012;55:2769-2778 pubmed publisher..Constitutive activation of JNK in skeletal muscle impairs insulin signalling at the level of IRS-1 and Akt, a process which results in the disruption of normal glucose clearance into the muscle. ..
- Hayashi A, Kaneko N, Tomihira C, Baba H. Sulfatide decrease in myelin influences formation of the paranodal axo-glial junction and conduction velocity in the sciatic nerve. Glia. 2013;61:466-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, the fine regulation of myelin sulfatide content by CST is important for normal function of myelinated axons. ..
- Kutsukake M, Matsutani T, Tamura K, Matsuda A, Kobayashi M, Tachikawa E, et al. Pioglitazone attenuates lung injury by modulating adipose inflammation. J Surg Res. 2014;189:295-303 pubmed publisher..Pioglitazone effectively prevents lung injury caused by CLP-induced sepsis by maintaining the anti-inflammatory status of visceral adipose tissue. ..
- Umeki N, Yoshizawa T, Sugimoto Y, Mitsui T, Wakabayashi K, Maruta S. Incorporation of an azobenzene derivative into the energy transducing site of skeletal muscle myosin results in photo-induced conformational changes. J Biochem. 2004;136:839-46 pubmed
- Harada T, Masuda S, Arii M, Adachi Y, Nakajima M, Yadomae T, et al. Soy isoflavone aglycone modulates a hematopoietic response in combination with soluble beta-glucan: SCG. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:2342-5 pubmed..Taken together, the combination of IFA and SCG synergistically provides the hematopoietic responses that are enhanced over IFA or SCG alone. ..
- Nagi Miura N, Shingo Y, Kurihara K, Adachi Y, Suzuki K, Ohno N. Involvement of platelet activating factor, histamine and serotonin in acute lethal shock induced by Candida albicans water-soluble extracellular polysaccharide fraction (CAWS) in mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1354-7 pubmed..This finding strongly suggests that the acute lethal reaction to CAWS is a result of the simultaneous production of several physiologically active substances. ..
- Sasaki N, Okishio K, Ui Tei K, Saigo K, Kinoshita Toyoda A, Toyoda H, et al. Heparan sulfate regulates self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3594-606 pubmed..We propose that HS chains are important for the extrinsic signaling required for mouse ES cell self-renewal and pluripotency. ..
- Tanaka K, Kanazawa T, Shibata Y, Suda Y, Fukuda T, Takashima Y, et al. Development of cell-penetrating peptide-modified MPEG-PCL diblock copolymeric nanoparticles for systemic gene delivery. Int J Pharm. 2010;396:229-38 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this vector might be applicable as a tumor-targeting non-viral systemic gene carrier in the clinical setting...
- Nishimura Y, Yalgin C, Akimoto S, Doumanis J, Sasajima R, Nukina N, et al. Selection of behaviors and segmental coordination during larval locomotion is disrupted by nuclear polyglutamine inclusions in a new Drosophila Huntington's disease-like model. J Neurogenet. 2010;24:194-206 pubmed publisher..From these analyses the authors show that examination of motor behaviors in the Drosophila larvae is a powerful new model to dissect non-cell-lethal mechanisms of mutant Htt toxicity. ..
- Yoshida K, Saiga H. Repression of Rx gene on the left side of the sensory vesicle by Nodal signaling is crucial for right-sided formation of the ocellus photoreceptor in the development of Ciona intestinalis. Dev Biol. 2011;354:144-50 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Nodal signaling controls the left-right asymmetric ocellus formation in the development of C. intestinalis...
- Shimizu A, Lelej A, Loktionov V. Revision of the Palaearctic brood parasitic genus Nipponodipogon Ishikawa, 1965 of spider wasps (Hymenoptera: Pompilidae: Pepsinae). Zootaxa. 2015;3948:497-520 pubmed publisher..Japan, Honshu) and the hitherto unknown males of N. iwatai (Ishikawa, 1965) and N. nagasei (Ishikawa, 1965) are described and illustrated. Six species from Japan and the Russian Far East are redescribed. A key to species is provided. ..
- Nagakura A, Miyake Takagi K, Takagi N, Fukui M, Takeo S. Impairment of adenylyl cyclase and of spatial memory function after microsphere embolism in rats. J Neurosci Res. 2002;68:363-72 pubmed..This reduction may play an appreciable role in the disturbance in cAMP-mediated signal transduction system, possibly leading to learning and memory dysfunction. ..
- Hitotsuyanagi Y, Hasuda T, Aihara T, Ishikawa H, Yamaguchi K, Itokawa H, et al. Synthesis of [Gly-1]RA-VII, [Gly-2]RA-VII, and [Gly-4]RA-VII. Glycine-containing analogues of RA-VII, an antitumor bicyclic hexapeptide from Rubia plants. J Org Chem. 2004;69:1481-6 pubmed
- Hida S, Nagi Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Beta-glucan derived from zymosan acts as an adjuvant for collagen-induced arthritis. Microbiol Immunol. 2006;50:453-61 pubmed..01% NaClO solution) caused arthritis faster than 0.1% OX-ZYM or 0.5% OX-ZYM. In conclusion, beta-glucan derived from ZYM by brief oxidation with NaClO is a suitable adjuvant for a CIA model with anti-CII antibody production. ..
- Nameda S, Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Lincomycin protects mice from septic shock in beta-glucan-indomethacin model. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:2312-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that LCM is an effective antibiotic in this endogenous septic model by modulating gut microbial flora and, at least a part, by regulating cytokine production of leukocytes. ..
- Yamamoto K, Jouhou H, Iwasaki M, Kaneko A, Yamada M. Strongly pH-buffered ringer's solution expands the receptive field size of horizontal cells in the carp retina. Zoolog Sci. 2008;25:419-27 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is unlikely that the closure of connexin 26 hemichannels is responsible for the change in the receptive field size of HCs. ..
- Lin N, Sato T, Takayama Y, Mimaki Y, Sashida Y, Yano M, et al. Novel anti-inflammatory actions of nobiletin, a citrus polymethoxy flavonoid, on human synovial fibroblasts and mouse macrophages. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;65:2065-71 pubmed..Therefore, these results further support the notion that nobiletin is likely to be a candidate for characterization as a novel immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory drug. ..
- Motegi K, Tanonaka K, Takenaga Y, Takagi N, Takeo S. Preservation of mitochondrial function may contribute to cardioprotective effects of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger inhibitors in ischaemic/reperfused rat hearts. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;151:963-78 pubmed..The mechanism may be attributable to prevention of mitochondrial damage, possibly mediated by attenuation of Na+ overload in cardiac mitochondria during ischaemia and/or Ca2+ overload via the reverse mode of NCX during reperfusion. ..
- Takayanagi R, Mizushima H, Ozeki T, Yokoyama H, Iga T, Yamada Y. Analysis of pharmacological effects of drugs used for treatment of urinary disturbance based on anticholinergic and smooth muscle-relaxing effects. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1297-300 pubmed..01 to 0.48%. The present results suggest that muscarinic acetylcholine receptor occupancy is a principal determinant of the therapeutic effect of a drug used for treatment of urinary disturbance. ..
- Yamanaka D, Motoi M, Ishibashi K, Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Modulation of interferon-? synthesis by the effects of lignin-like enzymatically polymerized polyphenols on antigen-presenting cell activation and the subsequent cell-to-cell interactions. Food Chem. 2013;141:4073-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, cytokine induction by polymerized polyphenols was mediated by the interaction between APCs and T cells. ..
- Takeo S, Tanonaka K. Na+ overload-induced mitochondrial damage in the ischemic heart. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2004;82:1033-43 pubmed..In this present study, we focused on the contribution of Na+ overload and mitochondrial dysfunction during ischemia to the genesis of this ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Yamada J. Long-chain acyl-CoA hydrolase in the brain. Amino Acids. 2005;28:273-8 pubmed
- Ishiwata T, Saito T, Hasegawa H, Yazawa T, Kotani Y, Otokawa M, et al. Changes of body temperature and thermoregulatory responses of freely moving rats during GABAergic pharmacological stimulation to the preoptic area and anterior hypothalamus in several ambient temperatures. Brain Res. 2005;1048:32-40 pubmed..It is a neurotransmitter for inhibition of heat production under hot ambient temperature. ..
- Nakamura Y, Hamada Y, Fujiwara T, Enomoto H, Hiroe T, Tanaka S, et al. Phospholipase C-delta1 and -delta3 are essential in the trophoblast for placental development. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10979-88 pubmed..5, clearly indicating that the embryonic lethality is caused by a defect in trophoblasts. On the basis of these results, we conclude that PLCdelta1 and PLCdelta3 are essential in trophoblasts for placental development. ..
- Nakagawa K, Yamada Y, Fujiwara K, Ikeguchi M. Interactions responsible for secondary structure formation during folding of equine beta-lactoglobulin. J Mol Biol. 2007;367:1205-14 pubmed publisher..This result indicates that interactions responsible for helix formation in the C state reside in the sequence of CHIBL, and that the sequences outside CHIBL are essential for secondary structure formation in the A state...
- Morimoto T, Nobechi M, Komatsu A, Miyakawa H, Nose A. Subunit-specific and homeostatic regulation of glutamate receptor localization by CaMKII in Drosophila neuromuscular junctions. Neuroscience. 2010;165:1284-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Drosophila larval NMJs have several regulatory systems to ensure efficient muscle excitability which is necessary for proper larval movement. ..
- Urushibata S, Hozumi K, Ishikawa M, Katagiri F, Kikkawa Y, Nomizu M. Identification of biologically active sequences in the laminin alpha2 chain G domain. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;497:43-54 pubmed publisher..These active peptides are useful for evaluating the molecular mechanisms of laminin-receptor interactions. ..
- Jee J, Mizuno T, Kamada K, Tochio H, Chiba Y, Yanagi K, et al. Structure and mutagenesis studies of the C-terminal region of licensing factor Cdt1 enable the identification of key residues for binding to replicative helicase Mcm proteins. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15931-40 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the possibility that winged-helix domain plays a role as a common module to interact with replicative helicase in the DNA replication-licensing process. ..
- Kajigaya H, Tanaka K, Hayashi A, Suzuki A, Ishibashi T, Ikenaka K, et al. Increased numbers of oligodendrocyte lineage cells in the optic nerves of cerebroside sulfotransferase knockout mice. Proc Jpn Acad Ser B Phys Biol Sci. 2011;87:415-24 pubmed..However, BrdU(+) proliferating OPCs were more abundant in CST-deficient mice. These results suggest that sulfated glycolipids may be involved in proliferation of OPCs in vivo. ..
- Asada A, Saito T, Hisanaga S. Phosphorylation of p35 and p39 by Cdk5 determines the subcellular location of the holokinase in a phosphorylation-site-specific manner. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3421-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the subcellular localization of the Cdk5-activator complexes is determined by its kinase activity, and also implicate a role for p39-Cdk5 in the nucleus. ..
- Phan Q, Sasamoto A, Hayashi F. Description of two new species of the genus Devadatta from northern Vietnam and central Laos (Odonata: Devadattidae). Zootaxa. 2015;3941:414-20 pubmed publisher..These new species are allied to D. ducatrix Lieftinck, 1969, but are distinguished by specific characteristics of their wings and anal appendages. The other Indochinese species are also briefly discussed. ..
- Kishimoto H, Miyazaki K, Takizawa Y, Shirasaka Y, Inoue K. Absorption-Enhancing Effect of Nitric Oxide on the Absorption of Hydrophobic Drugs in Rat Duodenum. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:729-733 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NO increases the absorption of hydrophobic drugs through the transcellular route in the duodenum by modulating the mucus layer function. ..
- Honda R, Yasuda H. Activity of MDM2, a ubiquitin ligase, toward p53 or itself is dependent on the RING finger domain of the ligase. Oncogene. 2000;19:1473-6 pubmed..These data indicate that the RING finger domain in MDM2 is essential for its ubiquitin ligase activity toward p53 and itself. ..
- Sakurai T, Fujiwara K. Modulation of cell adhesion and viability of cultured murine bone marrow cells by arsenobetaine, a major organic arsenic compound in marine animals. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;132:143-50 pubmed..4. These findings demonstrate the unique and potent biological effects in mammalian cells of AsBe, a major organic arsenic compound in various marine animals which are ingested daily as seafood in many countries. ..
- Togayachi A, Akashima T, Ookubo R, Kudo T, Nishihara S, Iwasaki H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of UDP-GlcNAc:lactosylceramide beta 1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase (beta 3Gn-T5), an essential enzyme for the expression of HNK-1 and Lewis X epitopes on glycolipids. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22032-40 pubmed..4) The changes in beta3Gn-T5 transcript levels during the rat brain development were determined. Points 2, 3, and 4 were consistent with the Lc(3)Cer synthase activity reported previously. ..
- Suzuki Y, Adachi Y, Ohno N, Yadomae T. Th1/Th2-Balancing immunomodulating activity of gel-forming (1-->3)-beta-glucans from fungi. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001;24:811-9 pubmed..In conclusion, our study showed that beta-glucans have various effects on the Th1 or Th2-dependent antibody subclasses, in particular, SSG induces the development of Th1 cells via the IL-12 pathway. ..
- Miyake K, Yamamoto W, Tadokoro M, Takagi N, Sasakawa K, Nitta A, et al. Alterations in hippocampal GAP-43, BDNF, and L1 following sustained cerebral ischemia. Brain Res. 2002;935:24-31 pubmed
- Shiga Y, Yasumoto R, Yamagata H, Hayashi S. Evolving role of Antennapedia protein in arthropod limb patterning. Development. 2002;129:3555-61 pubmed..The results imply that Dapnia Antennapedia specifies leg morphology by repressing Distal-less, and this activity was acquired through a change in protein structure after separation of crustaceans and insects. ..
- Uchida K, Tanaka T, Yamaguchi H. Achievement of complete mycological cure by topical antifungal agent NND-502 in guinea pig model of tinea pedis. Microbiol Immunol. 2003;47:143-6 pubmed..The topical treatment with NND-502 achieved a mycological cure. Thus NND-502 can be considered a promising candidate as a new anti-dermatophytic agent for topical use...
- Watanuki K, Yasugi S. Analysis of transcription regulatory regions of embryonic chicken pepsinogen (ECPg) gene. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:51-8 pubmed..1-kbp upstream region. The results suggest that binding of GATA factor to three GATA binding sites within the upstream region -656 to -419 synergistically regulates ECPg expression in the gland epithelial cells. ..
- Hoshino A, Koide M, Ono T, Yasugi S. Sex-specific and left-right asymmetric expression pattern of Bmp7 in the gonad of normal and sex-reversed chicken embryos. Dev Growth Differ. 2005;47:65-74 pubmed..These dynamic changes of expression pattern of Bmp7 in the gonad with or without AI treatment suggest that BMP may play roles in determination of L-R asymmetric development and sex-dependent differentiation in the avian gonadogenesis. ..
- Takahashi M, Tanonaka K, Yoshida H, Koshimizu M, Daicho T, Oikawa R, et al. Possible involvement of calpain activation in pathogenesis of chronic heart failure after acute myocardial infarction. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2006;47:413-21 pubmed..These results suggest that sustained activation of calpain is involved in the development of chronic heart failure and that trandolapril and candesartan prevent the activation of calpains after CAL. ..
- Nakajima K, Graeber M, Sonoda M, Tohyama Y, Kohsaka S, Kurihara T. In vitro proliferation of axotomized rat facial nucleus-derived activated microglia in an autocrine fashion. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:348-59 pubmed..In summary, the microglia isolated from the axFN were found to be proliferative in an autocrine fashion and to have some cellular properties in common with those observed in vivo. ..
- Nomura H, Athauda S, Wada H, Maruyama Y, Takahashi K, Inoue H. Identification and reverse genetic analysis of mitochondrial processing peptidase and the core protein of the cytochrome bc1 complex of Caenorhabditis elegans, a model parasitic nematode. J Biochem. 2006;139:967-79 pubmed..This suggests the possibility that these proteins are also essential for the viability of B. malayi and other parasitic nematodes, and are potential targets for anti-parasitic agents. ..
- Yonashiro R, Ishido S, Kyo S, Fukuda T, Goto E, Matsuki Y, et al. A novel mitochondrial ubiquitin ligase plays a critical role in mitochondrial dynamics. EMBO J. 2006;25:3618-26 pubmed..In addition, overexpression phenotype of hFis1 could be reverted by MITOL co-overexpression. Our finding indicates that MITOL plays a critical role in mitochondrial dynamics through the control of mitochondrial fission proteins. ..
- Kanegae T, Hayashida E, Kuramoto C, Wada M. A single chromoprotein with triple chromophores acts as both a phytochrome and a phototropin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:17997-8001 pubmed..These unusual properties might confer an enhanced light sensitivity on PHY3, allowing ferns to grow under a low-light canopy...
- Matsuo T, Sugaya S, Yasukawa J, Aigaki T, Fuyama Y. Odorant-binding proteins OBP57d and OBP57e affect taste perception and host-plant preference in Drosophila sechellia. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e118 pubmed publisher..citrifolia. Our finding of the genes involved in host-plant determination may lead to further understanding of mechanisms underlying taste perception, evolution of plant-herbivore interactions, and speciation...
- Saito M, Nameda S, Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Effect of SPG/indomethacin treatment on sepsis, interleukin-6 production, and expression of hepatic cytochrome P450 isoforms in differing strains of mice. J Immunotoxicol. 2009;6:42-8 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that this change may be associated with not only endotoxin but other PAMPs as well, and could be affected by the integrity of a host's drug metabolism function. ..
- Kikkawa Y, Takahashi N, Matsuda Y, Miwa T, Akizuki T, Kataoka A, et al. The influence of synthetic peptides derived from the laminin alpha1 chain on hepatocyte adhesion and gene expression. Biomaterials. 2009;30:6888-95 pubmed publisher..The amino acid sequence of A13 peptide was required for regulating hepatocyte behavior. The hepatocyte adhesive peptides can be utilized in tailoring synthetic biomaterials in order to achieve a specific cellular response. ..
- Suzuki N, Hozumi K, Urushibata S, Yoshimura T, Kikkawa Y, Gumerson J, et al. Identification of alpha-dystroglycan binding sequences in the laminin alpha2 chain LG4-5 module. Matrix Biol. 2010;29:143-51 pubmed publisher..These peptides are useful for elucidating molecular mechanisms of heparan sulfate- and/or alpha-dystroglycan-mediated biological functions of the laminin alpha2 chain. ..
- Yamanaka D, Motoi M, Ishibashi K, Miura N, Adachi Y, Ohno N. Effect of Agaricus brasiliensis-derived cold water extract on Toll-like receptor 2-dependent cytokine production in vitro. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2012;34:561-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, ACWS has the ability to bind directly to TLR2 protein. Accordingly, we suggest that fruit body of A. brasiliensis has some water-soluble TLR ligand complexes, and TLR2 on splenocytes strongly induces IL-6 production. ..
- Shahpasand K, Uemura I, Saito T, Asano T, Hata K, Shibata K, et al. Regulation of mitochondrial transport and inter-microtubule spacing by tau phosphorylation at the sites hyperphosphorylated in Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2430-41 pubmed publisher..Hyperphosphorylation of the AT8 sites may contribute to axonal degeneration by disrupting mitochondrial transport in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Aizawa S, Senda M, Harada A, Maruyama N, Ishida T, Aigaki T, et al. Structural basis of the ?-lactone-ring formation in ascorbic acid biosynthesis by the senescence marker protein-30/gluconolactonase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53706 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the substrate-binding cavities of the other related enzymes are open to the solvent and do not have a cover. This structural feature of mouse SMP30/GNL seems to facilitate the ?-lactone-ring formation. ..
- Alhebshi A, Gotoh M, Suzuki I. Thymoquinone protects cultured rat primary neurons against amyloid ?-induced neurotoxicity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:362-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested that TQ has neuroprotection potential against A?1-42 in rat hippocampal and cortical neurons and thus may be a promising candidate for Alzheimer disease treatment. ..
- Marunouchi T, Abe Y, Murata M, Inomata S, Sanbe A, Takagi N, et al. Changes in small heat shock proteins HSPB1, HSPB5 and HSPB8 in mitochondria of the failing heart following myocardial infarction in rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013;36:529-39 pubmed..These findings suggest that small HSPs, at least in part, play an important role in the development of the impaired mitochondrial energy-producing ability that leads to heart failure after a myocardial infarction. ..
- Moriyama Y, Takagi N, Itokawa C, Tanonaka K. Injection of neural progenitor cells attenuates decrease in level of connexin 43 in brain capillaries after cerebral ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2013;543:152-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the intravenous injection of the NPCs would remodel the NVU after severe cerebral ischemia, which remodeling might be associated with functional improvement following the NPC injection. ..
- Hitotsuyanagi Y, Ozeki A, Itokawa H, de Mello Alves S, Takeya K. Cedronolactone E, a novel C(19) quassinoid from Simaba cedron. J Nat Prod. 2001;64:1583-4 pubmed..A novel pentacyclic C(19) quassinoid, cedronolactone E (1), was isolated from the wood of Simaba cedron. Its structure was elucidated by interpretation of spectroscopic data...
- Takeda J, Tabata H, Fukuda K, Yasugi S. Involvement of the signal transduction pathway mediated by epidermal growth factor receptor in the differentiation of chicken glandular stomach. Dev Growth Differ. 2002;44:501-8 pubmed
- Takemae H, Ueda R, Okubo R, Nakato H, Izumi S, Saigo K, et al. Proteoglycan UDP-galactose:beta-xylose beta 1,4-galactosyltransferase I is essential for viability in Drosophila melanogaster. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15571-8 pubmed..The lethality among the progeny proved that beta4GalTI is essential for viability. This study is the first to use reverse genetics, RNA interference, to study the Drosophila glycosyltransferase systematically. ..
- Kawai T, Takagi N, Nakahara M, Takeo S. Changes in the expression of Hes5 and Mash1 mRNA in the adult rat dentate gyrus after transient forebrain ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2005;380:17-20 pubmed