Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Locale: Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Ide S, Saka K, Kobayashi T. Rtt109 prevents hyper-amplification of ribosomal RNA genes through histone modification in budding yeast. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003410 pubmed publisher..We propose that, in the rtt109 mutant, rDNA hyper-amplification is caused by uncontrolled rolling-circle-type replication. ..
- Watase G, Takisawa H, Kanemaki M. Mcm10 plays a role in functioning of the eukaryotic replicative DNA helicase, Cdc45-Mcm-GINS. Curr Biol. 2012;22:343-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mcm10 plays an essential role in functioning of the CMG replicative helicase independent of assembly of a stable CMG complex at origins. ..
- Tanaka S, Nakato R, Katou Y, Shirahige K, Araki H. Origin association of Sld3, Sld7, and Cdc45 proteins is a key step for determination of origin-firing timing. Curr Biol. 2011;21:2055-63 pubmed publisher..Additionally, an increased dosage of DDK also allows the late-firing origins to fire earlier. The DDK-dependent limited association between origins and Sld3-Sld7-Cdc45 is a key step for determining the timing of origin firing. ..
- Tanaka S, Araki H. Multiple regulatory mechanisms to inhibit untimely initiation of DNA replication are important for stable genome maintenance. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002136 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of having multiple inhibitory mechanisms to prevent the untimely initiation of chromosome replication to preserve stable genome maintenance over generations in eukaryotes. ..
- Ide S, Miyazaki T, Maki H, Kobayashi T. Abundance of ribosomal RNA gene copies maintains genome integrity. Science. 2010;327:693-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that high concentrations of heavily transcribed genes are toxic to the cells, and therefore amplified genes, such as rDNA, have evolved. ..
- Usui T, Ohta T, Oshiumi H, Tomizawa J, Ogawa H, Ogawa T. Complex formation and functional versatility of Mre11 of budding yeast in recombination. Cell. 1998;95:705-16 pubmed..It has two regions to bind to Rad50. Mre11 repairs methyl methanesulfonate-induced DSBs by reactions that require the nuclease activities and those that do not. ..
- Kishi T, Yamao F. An essential function of Grr1 for the degradation of Cln2 is to act as a binding core that links Cln2 to Skp1. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 24):3655-61 pubmed..Furthermore, Skp1 associated in vivo with phosphorylated Cln2 in a Grr1-dependent manner. These data suggest that Grr1 is required for degradation of Cln2 through linking phosphorylated Cln2 to Skp1 in a SCFGrr1 complex. ..
- Miyao T, Honda A, Qu Z, Ishihama A. Mapping of Rpb3 and Rpb5 contact sites on two large subunits, Rpb1 and Rpb2, of the RNA polymerase II from fission yeast. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;259:123-9 pubmed..Possible functions of the regions H in the subunits 1 and 2 are discussed. ..
- Takemaru K, Harashima S, Ueda H, Hirose S. Yeast coactivator MBF1 mediates GCN4-dependent transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4971-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that the coactivator MBF1 functions by recruiting TBP to promoters where DNA-binding regulators are bound. ..
- Ishiguro A, Kimura M, Yasui K, Iwata A, Ueda S, Ishihama A. Two large subunits of the fission yeast RNA polymerase II provide platforms for the assembly of small subunits. J Mol Biol. 1998;279:703-12 pubmed..Direct contact of the two large subunits, Rpb1 and Rpb2, was also demonstrated by cross-linking. ..