Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Locale: Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Okabe S, Tsuneoka Y, Takahashi A, Ooyama R, Watarai A, Maeda S, et al. Pup exposure facilitates retrieving behavior via the oxytocin neural system in female mice. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2017;79:20-30 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the facilitating effects of repeated pup exposure on alloparental behavior occurred via an organizational role of the OT system. ..
- Uchida K, Koopman P, Mita A, Wakana S, Wright E, Kikkawa Y, et al. Exclusion of Sox9 as a candidate for the mouse mutant tail-short. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:481-5 pubmed..8 +/- 0.011 cM. Six microsatellite markers were co-localized to the Ts locus, providing reagents for positional cloning of Ts. ..
- Kato R, Shirohzu H, Yokomine T, Mizuno S, Mukai T, Sasaki H. Sequence-ready 1-Mb YAC, BAC and cosmid contigs covering the distal imprinted region of mouse chromosome 7. DNA Res. 1999;6:401-5 pubmed
- Tozaki H, Kawasaki T, Takagi Y, Hirata T. Expression of Nogo protein by growing axons in the developing nervous system. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;104:111-9 pubmed..On the basis of this unexpected finding, we discuss the possible functions of Nogo in the developing nervous system. ..
- Kokubo H, Miyagawa Tomita S, Tomimatsu H, Nakashima Y, Nakazawa M, Saga Y, et al. Targeted disruption of hesr2 results in atrioventricular valve anomalies that lead to heart dysfunction. Circ Res. 2004;95:540-7 pubmed..Because of the unique spectrum of cardiac anomalies expressed by hesr2-null mice, they represent a useful model system for elucidating the genetic basis of heart dysfunction. ..
- Oginuma M, Hirata T, Saga Y. Identification of presomitic mesoderm (PSM)-specific Mesp1 enhancer and generation of a PSM-specific Mesp1/Mesp2-null mouse using BAC-based rescue technology. Mech Dev. 2008;125:432-40 pubmed publisher..This successfully rescued gastrulation defects due to the lack of the early mesoderm in the dKO mouse and we thereby obtained a PSM-specific Mesp1/Mesp2-null mouse showing a lack of segmented somites. ..
- Sumiyama K, Saitou N. Loss-of-function mutation in a repressor module of human-specifically activated enhancer HACNS1. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:3005-7 pubmed publisher..This result infers that loss of function in the HACNS1 81-bp region, possibly via a BGC, played an important role in human-specific evolution. ..
- Akatsuka H, Kuga S, Masuhara K, Davaadorj O, Okada C, Iida Y, et al. AMBRA1 is involved in T cell receptor-mediated metabolic reprogramming through an ATG7-independent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:1098-1104 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that AMBRA1 is a core factor that controls both autophagy and metabolic regulation. ..
- Tozaki H, Tanaka S, Hirata T. Theoretical consideration of olfactory axon projection with an activity-dependent neural network model. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;26:503-17 pubmed..Taken together, the activity-dependent targeting of olfactory axons seems to be a simple probable mechanism that can provide a unified explanation of glomerular formation. ..
- Yokomine T, Shirohzu H, Purbowasito W, Toyoda A, Iwama H, Ikeo K, et al. Structural and functional analysis of a 0.5-Mb chicken region orthologous to the imprinted mammalian Ascl2/Mash2-Igf2-H19 region. Genome Res. 2005;15:154-65 pubmed..Our findings show that the imprinted genes were clustered before the emergence of imprinting and that the elements associated with imprinting probably evolved after the divergence of mammals and birds. ..
- Hirasawa R, Sasaki H. Dynamic transition of Dnmt3b expression in mouse pre- and early post-implantation embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:27-30 pubmed publisher..The findings are consistent with the role for Dnmt3b in cell-lineage specification and the creation of lineage-specific DNA methylation patterns. ..
- Yamatani H, Kawasaki T, Mita S, Inagaki N, Hirata T. Proteomics analysis of the temporal changes in axonal proteins during maturation. Dev Neurobiol. 2010;70:523-37 pubmed publisher..Because the maturation of lateral olfactory axons involves massive extension of secondary collateral branches, the augmentation of these proteins during these stages may underlie the drastic restructuring of the axon cytoskeleton. ..
- Homma K, Suzuki K, Sugawara H. The Autophagy Database: an all-inclusive information resource on autophagy that provides nourishment for research. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:D986-90 pubmed publisher..The database is expected to give impetus to further research on autophagy by providing basic and specialized data on the subject. ..
- Mizuno H, Luo W, Tarusawa E, Saito Y, Sato T, Yoshimura Y, et al. NMDAR-regulated dynamics of layer 4 neuronal dendrites during thalamocortical reorganization in neonates. Neuron. 2014;82:365-79 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that L4 neurons have "fluctuating" dendrites during TC reorganization and that NMDARs cell autonomously regulate these dynamics to establish fine-tuned circuits. ..
- Nakajima Y, Morimoto M, Takahashi Y, Koseki H, Saga Y. Identification of Epha4 enhancer required for segmental expression and the regulation by Mesp2. Development. 2006;133:2517-25 pubmed..In addition, ectopic Mesp2 expression induces abnormally epithelialized structures, which support to the idea that Mesp2 induces the formation of segmental borders by activating genes that play roles in cellular epithelialization. ..
- Takahashi A, Shiroishi T, Koide T. Multigenic factors associated with a hydrocephalus-like phenotype found in inter-subspecific consomic mouse strains. Mamm Genome. 2008;19:333-8 pubmed publisher..We then established and analyzed several subconsomic strains of Chr 17 to identify genetic factors related to hydrocephalus-like phenotype and successfully mapped one genetic locus around the proximal region of Chr 17. ..
- Oginuma M, Niwa Y, Chapman D, Saga Y. Mesp2 and Tbx6 cooperatively create periodic patterns coupled with the clock machinery during mouse somitogenesis. Development. 2008;135:2555-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that Mesp2 is the final output signal by which the temporal information from the segmentation clock is translated into segmental patterning during mouse somitogenesis...
- Kokubo H, Miyagawa Tomita S, Nakazawa M, Saga Y, Johnson R. Mouse hesr1 and hesr2 genes are redundantly required to mediate Notch signaling in the developing cardiovascular system. Dev Biol. 2005;278:301-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate a requirement for hesr1 and hesr2 in mediating Notch signaling in the developing cardiac and vascular systems. ..
- Morimoto M, Takahashi Y, Endo M, Saga Y. The Mesp2 transcription factor establishes segmental borders by suppressing Notch activity. Nature. 2005;435:354-9 pubmed..We propose that the oscillation of Notch activity is arrested and translated in the wavefront by Mesp2. ..
- Kiso M, Tanaka S, Saba R, Matsuda S, Shimizu A, Ohyama M, et al. The disruption of Sox21-mediated hair shaft cuticle differentiation causes cyclic alopecia in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9292-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Sox21 is a master regulator of hair shaft cuticle differentiation and shed light on the possible causes of human hair disorders. ..
- Sada A, Suzuki A, Suzuki H, Saga Y. The RNA-binding protein NANOS2 is required to maintain murine spermatogonial stem cells. Science. 2009;325:1394-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, NANOS2 is a key stem cell regulator that is expressed in self-renewing spermatogonial stem cells and maintains the stem cell state during murine spermatogenesis. ..
- Shiina N, Tokunaga M. RNA granule protein 140 (RNG140), a paralog of RNG105 localized to distinct RNA granules in neuronal dendrites in the adult vertebrate brain. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24260-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RNG140 has roles in the maintenance of the dendritic structure in the adult vertebrate brain through localizing to a kind of RNA granules that are distinct from RNG105-containing granules...
- Sato Y, Mita S, Fukushima N, Fujisawa H, Saga Y, Hirata T. Induction of axon growth arrest without growth cone collapse through the N-terminal region of four-transmembrane glycoprotein M6a. Dev Neurobiol. 2011;71:733-46 pubmed publisher..Molecular dissection of M6a suggested involvement for the N-terminal intracellular domain in this antibody-induced growth cone arrest. ..
- Sada A, Hasegawa K, Pin P, Saga Y. NANOS2 acts downstream of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor signaling to suppress differentiation of spermatogonial stem cells. Stem Cells. 2012;30:280-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that NANOS2 acts downstream of GDNF signaling to maintain undifferentiated state of spermatogonial stem cells...
- Natsume T, Kiyomitsu T, Saga Y, Kanemaki M. Rapid Protein Depletion in Human Cells by Auxin-Inducible Degron Tagging with Short Homology Donors. Cell Rep. 2016;15:210-218 pubmed publisher..This approach should greatly facilitate the functional analysis of essential proteins, particularly those of previously unknown function. ..
- Kitano T, Sumiyama K, Shiroishi T, Saitou N. Conserved evolution of the Rh50 gene compared to its homologous Rh blood group gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;249:78-85 pubmed..Some peaks where nonsynonymous substitutions are higher than synonymous ones were located on outer membrane regions. This suggests the existence of positive Darwinian selection on Rh and Rh50 genes through host-parasite interactions. ..
- Imai H, Wada M, Hirai H, Matsuda Y, Tsuchiya K. Cytological, genetic and evolutionary functions of chiasmata based on chiasma graph analysis. J Theor Biol. 1999;198:239-57 pubmed..The increase in chiasma frequency would be evolution-adaptive, because gene shuffling is expected to be accelerated in species with high chromosome numbers. ..
- Saga Y. Function of Nanos2 in the male germ cell lineage in mice. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:3815-22 pubmed publisher..It has also been shown that the Nanos2 interacts with protein components of the deadenylation complex involved in the initial step of the RNA degradation pathway. ..
- Yoshino M, Sagai T, Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T. Meiotic recombination at the Lmp2 hotspot tolerates minor sequence divergence between homologous chromosomes. Immunogenetics. 1996;43:80-2 pubmed
- Sado T, Wang Z, Sasaki H, Li E. Regulation of imprinted X-chromosome inactivation in mice by Tsix. Development. 2001;128:1275-86 pubmed..These results provide genetic evidence that Tsix plays a crucial role in maintaining Xist silencing in cis and in regulation of imprinted X-inactivation in the extra-embryonic tissues. ..
- Suzuki A, Saga Y. Nanos2 suppresses meiosis and promotes male germ cell differentiation. Genes Dev. 2008;22:430-5 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that Nanos2 activates a male-specific genetic program, which is supported by the inhibition of meiosis and the induction of male-type differentiation in female germ cells following the forced expression of Nanos2. ..
- Ogino K, Ramsden S, Keib N, Schwarz G, Harvey R, Hirata H. Duplicated gephyrin genes showing distinct tissue distribution and alternative splicing patterns mediate molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis, glycine receptor clustering, and escape behavior in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:806-17 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that duplicated gephyrin genes mediate Moco biosynthesis and control postsynaptic clustering of GlyRs, thereby mediating key escape behaviors in zebrafish. ..
- Hasegawa K, Okamura Y, Saga Y. Notch signaling in Sertoli cells regulates cyclical gene expression of Hes1 but is dispensable for mouse spermatogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:206-15 pubmed publisher..Our results thus indicate that Notch signaling regulates cyclical gene expression in Sertoli cells but is dispensable for mouse spermatogenesis. This highlights the evolutionary divergences in regulation of germ cell development...
- Sato Y, Watanabe N, Fukushima N, Mita S, Hirata T. Actin-independent behavior and membrane deformation exhibited by the four-transmembrane protein M6a. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26702 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight the unusual characteristics of M6a, which may have a significant yet unappreciated role in biological systems. ..
- Hasegawa K, Saga Y. Retinoic acid signaling in Sertoli cells regulates organization of the blood-testis barrier through cyclical changes in gene expression. Development. 2012;139:4347-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the cyclical activation of RA signaling in Sertoli cells during stages VII-XII contributes to a periodic organization of the BTB through changes in stage-dependent gene expression...
- Ayusawa D, Kaneda S, Itoh Y, Yasuda H, Murakami Y, Sugasawa K, et al. Complementation by a cloned human ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1 of the S-phase-arrested mouse FM3A cell mutant with thermolabile E1. Cell Struct Funct. 1992;17:113-22 pubmed..Relevance of the unusually high incidence of the temperature-sensitive E1 mutation was discussed in terms of the E1 as a determinant of heat tolerance of cells. ..
- Shiroishi T, Hanzawa N, Sagai T, Ishiura M, Gojobori T, Steinmetz M, et al. Recombinational hotspot specific to female meiosis in the mouse major histocompatibility complex. Immunogenetics. 1990;31:79-88 pubmed..Each hotspot consists of two elements, the consensus sequence of the mouse middle repetitive MT family and the tetrameric repeated sequences, which are separated by 1 kb of DNA. ..
- Kitano T, Saitou N. Evolutionary history of the Rh blood group-related genes in vertebrates. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:856-62 pubmed..Both groups contain genes from three domains (bacteria, archaea, and eukaryota). The Rh blood group and related genes are separated from both amt alpha and beta groups. ..
- Tamura M, Kanno Y, Chuma S, Saito T, Nakatsuji N. Pod-1/Capsulin shows a sex- and stage-dependent expression pattern in the mouse gonad development and represses expression of Ad4BP/SF-1. Mech Dev. 2001;102:135-44 pubmed..These results suggest that Pod-1/Capsulin may play important roles in the development and sex differentiation of the mammalian gonad via transcriptional regulation of Ad4BP/SF-1. ..
- Saba R, Nakatsuji N, Saito T. Mammalian BarH1 confers commissural neuron identity on dorsal cells in the spinal cord. J Neurosci. 2003;23:1987-91 pubmed..These results suggest that MBH1 functions upstream of TAG-1 and DCC and is involved in the fate determination of commissural neurons in the spinal cord. ..
- Sado T, Li E, Sasaki H. Effect of TSIX disruption on XIST expression in male ES cells. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;99:115-8 pubmed..It is likely that surveillance by the X chromosome counting mechanism somehow shuts off the ectopic expression of XIST before inactivation of the X chromosome. ..
- Suto F, Ito K, Uemura M, Shimizu M, Shinkawa Y, Sanbo M, et al. Plexin-a4 mediates axon-repulsive activities of both secreted and transmembrane semaphorins and plays roles in nerve fiber guidance. J Neurosci. 2005;25:3628-37 pubmed..Our results imply that plexin-A4 mediates multiple semaphorin signals and regulates axon guidance in vivo. ..
- Chiba H, Hirasawa R, Kaneda M, Amakawa Y, Li E, Sado T, et al. De novo DNA methylation independent establishment of maternal imprint on X chromosome in mouse oocytes. Genesis. 2008;46:768-74 pubmed publisher..This underscores the difference between imprinted XCI and autosomal imprinting. ..
- Amano T, Sagai T, Tanabe H, Mizushina Y, Nakazawa H, Shiroishi T. Chromosomal dynamics at the Shh locus: limb bud-specific differential regulation of competence and active transcription. Dev Cell. 2009;16:47-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that chromosome conformation dynamics at the Shh locus allow transient pulses of Shh transcription. ..
- Umemori J, Nishi A, Lionikas A, Sakaguchi T, Kuriki S, Blizard D, et al. QTL analyses of temporal and intensity components of home-cage activity in KJR and C57BL/6J strains. BMC Genet. 2009;10:40 pubmed publisher..The latter two variables are distinct components of home cage activity with only partially overlapping genetic architecture. ..
- Sumiyama K, Kawakami K, Yagita K. A simple and highly efficient transgenesis method in mice with the Tol2 transposon system and cytoplasmic microinjection. Genomics. 2010;95:306-11 pubmed publisher..Considering its simplicity and perfect compatibility with existing pronuclear microinjection facilities, we propose that the Tol2:CI method is applicable to high throughput functional genomics studies...
- Takahashi A, Schilit A, Kim J, DeBold J, Koide T, Miczek K. Behavioral characterization of escalated aggression induced by GABA(B) receptor activation in the dorsal raphe nucleus. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012;224:155-66 pubmed publisher..Once aggressive behavior is triggered, intra-DRN baclofen escalates the level of aggression to abnormal levels and renders it difficult to terminate. Also, baclofen counteracts the effects of novelty or past experiences of defeat. ..
- Morita Y, Andersen P, Hotta A, Tsukahara Y, Sasagawa N, Hayashida N, et al. Sall1 transiently marks undifferentiated heart precursors and regulates their fate. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;92:158-62 pubmed publisher..These findings provide fundamental insights into CPC maintenance, which can be instrumental for CPC-based regenerative medicine. ..
- Nozaki T, Imai R, Tanbo M, Nagashima R, Tamura S, Tani T, et al. Dynamic Organization of Chromatin Domains Revealed by Super-Resolution Live-Cell Imaging. Mol Cell. 2017;67:282-293.e7 pubmed publisher..Notably, we observed the domains during mitosis, suggesting that they act as building blocks of chromosomes and may serve as information units throughout the cell cycle. ..
- Imai N, Kaneda S, Nagai Y, Seno T, Ayusawa D, Hanaoka F, et al. Cloning and sequence of a functionally active cDNA encoding the mouse ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1. Gene. 1992;118:279-82 pubmed..The 3495-bp cDNA encodes 1058 amino acids (aa), and shares extensive homology with the human E1 enzyme at both the nucleotide and aa sequence levels. ..
- Yoshino M, Sagai T, Lindahl K, Toyoda Y, Shiroishi T, Moriwaki K. No dosage effect of recombinational hotspots in the mouse major histocompatibility complex. Immunogenetics. 1994;39:381-9 pubmed..Twenty-three breakpoints were confined within 5.4 kb in the Lmp-2 hotspot, and six breakpoints from the cas4 cross were located in the Pb hotspot, which we have now confined to a 15 kb segment. ..
- Yoshino M, Sagai T, Lindahl K, Toyoda Y, Shirayoshi Y, Matsumoto K, et al. Recombination in the class III region of the mouse major histocompatibility complex. Immunogenetics. 1994;40:280-6 pubmed..The result demonstrated that an unequal distribution of recombination is a general feature of the mouse MHC, suggesting the presence of a recombinational hotspot within the Int3:Tnx interval. ..
- Masuya H, Sagai T, Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T. Multigenic control of the localization of the zone of polarizing activity in limb morphogenesis in the mouse. Dev Biol. 1997;182:42-51 pubmed..Thus, this study revealed a multigenic control in the establishment of the anteroposterior axis in mouse limb development. ..
- Yamatani H, Sato Y, Fujisawa H, Hirata T. Chronotopic organization of olfactory bulb axons in the lateral olfactory tract. J Comp Neurol. 2004;475:247-60 pubmed
- Kaneda M, Okano M, Hata K, Sado T, Tsujimoto N, Li E, et al. Essential role for de novo DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3a in paternal and maternal imprinting. Nature. 2004;429:900-3 pubmed..These results indicate that both Dnmt3a and Dnmt3L are required for methylation of most imprinted loci in germ cells, but also suggest the involvement of other factors...
- Kawasaki T, Ito K, Hirata T. Netrin 1 regulates ventral tangential migration of guidepost neurons in the lateral olfactory tract. Development. 2006;133:845-53 pubmed..These results suggest that netrin 1 regulates the migration of lot cells and LOT projections, possibly by ensuring the correct distribution of these guidepost neurons. ..
- Kato Y, Kaneda M, Hata K, Kumaki K, Hisano M, Kohara Y, et al. Role of the Dnmt3 family in de novo methylation of imprinted and repetitive sequences during male germ cell development in the mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2272-80 pubmed..Finally, all these sequences showed moderate to severe hypomethylation in Dnmt3L-deficient prospermatogonia, indicating the critical function and broad specificity of this factor in de novo methylation. ..
- Ito K, Kawasaki T, Takashima S, Matsuda I, Aiba A, Hirata T. Semaphorin 3F confines ventral tangential migration of lateral olfactory tract neurons onto the telencephalon surface. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4414-22 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that semaphorin 3F is an important regulator of the ventral tangential migration stream, confining the migrating neurons on the telencephalon surface by repelling from the deeper domain. ..
- Oginuma M, Takahashi Y, Kitajima S, Kiso M, Kanno J, Kimura A, et al. The oscillation of Notch activation, but not its boundary, is required for somite border formation and rostral-caudal patterning within a somite. Development. 2010;137:1515-22 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the initial somite pattern can be defined as a direct output of the segmentation clock...
- Umemori J, Mori A, Ichiyanagi K, Uno T, Koide T. Identification of both copy number variation-type and constant-type core elements in a large segmental duplication region of the mouse genome. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:455 pubmed publisher..The results of detailed structural and quantitative analyses in this study might help to elucidate the biological role of one of the SDs on chromosome 13. ..
- Saba R, Kato Y, Saga Y. NANOS2 promotes male germ cell development independent of meiosis suppression. Dev Biol. 2014;385:32-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NANOS2 is not merely a suppressor of meiosis, but instead plays pivotal roles in the sexual differentiation of male germ cells. ..
- Shirayoshi Y, Yuasa Y, Suzuki T, Sugaya K, Kawase E, Ikemura T, et al. Proto-oncogene of int-3, a mouse Notch homologue, is expressed in endothelial cells during early embryogenesis. Genes Cells. 1997;2:213-24 pubmed
- Hirata T, Nomura T, Takagi Y, Sato Y, Tomioka N, Fujisawa H, et al. Mosaic development of the olfactory cortex with Pax6-dependent and -independent components. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2002;136:17-26 pubmed
- Oka A, Mita A, Sakurai Yamatani N, Yamamoto H, Takagi N, Takano Shimizu T, et al. Hybrid breakdown caused by substitution of the X chromosome between two mouse subspecies. Genetics. 2004;166:913-24 pubmed..This study revealed that incompatibility of interactions of X-linked gene(s) with autosomal and/or Y-linked gene(s) causes the hybrid breakdown between the genetically distant C57BL/6J and MSM/Ms strains. ..
- Ishikawa A, Kitajima S, Takahashi Y, Kokubo H, Kanno J, Inoue T, et al. Mouse Nkd1, a Wnt antagonist, exhibits oscillatory gene expression in the PSM under the control of Notch signaling. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1443-53 pubmed..Collectively, our data suggest that the reciprocal interaction of Notch and Wnt signals, and of their respective negative feedback loops, function to organize the segmentation clock required for somitogenesis. ..
- Shiina N, Yamaguchi K, Tokunaga M. RNG105 deficiency impairs the dendritic localization of mRNAs for Na+/K+ ATPase subunit isoforms and leads to the degeneration of neuronal networks. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12816-30 pubmed publisher..The present study first demonstrates the in vivo role of RNG105 in the dendritic localization of mRNAs and uncovers a novel link between dendritic mRNA localization and the development and maintenance of functional networks. ..
- Kawase E, Yamamoto H, Hashimoto K, Nakatsuji N. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) stimulates proliferation of mouse primordial germ cells in culture. Dev Biol. 1994;161:91-5 pubmed..A previously reported finding that TNF-alpha is expressed at these stages in mouse embryos suggests possible involvement of TNF-alpha in the proliferative regulation of the PGCs in the embryo. ..
- Masuya H, Sagai T, Wakana S, Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T. A duplicated zone of polarizing activity in polydactylous mouse mutants. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1645-53 pubmed..All results indicate the presence of an additional ZPA at the anterior margin of limb buds in these mutants. Thus, it appears that multiple endogenous genes regulate the spatial localization of the ZPA in the developing mouse limb bud. ..
- Mizuno K, Koide T, Sagai T, Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T. Molecular analysis of a recombinational hotspot adjacent to Lmp2 gene in the mouse MHC: fine location and chromatin structure. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:490-6 pubmed..cerevisiae, in which hotspots are always associated with DHSSs. ..
- Chuma S, Nakatsuji N. Autonomous transition into meiosis of mouse fetal germ cells in vitro and its inhibition by gp130-mediated signaling. Dev Biol. 2001;229:468-79 pubmed..This novel activity of gp130-mediated signaling may provide some clues for the understanding of pluripotency of mammalian germ-line cells and/or the sex differentiation of fetal germ cells. ..
- Sagai T, Masuya H, Tamura M, Shimizu K, Yada Y, Wakana S, et al. Phylogenetic conservation of a limb-specific, cis-acting regulator of Sonic hedgehog ( Shh). Mamm Genome. 2004;15:23-34 pubmed..Absence of the conserved sequence in limbless reptiles and amphibians and a cis- trans test using the Hx and Shh KO alleles suggest that the sequence is a cis-acting regulator that controls the polarized expression of Shh...
- Purbowasito W, Suda C, Yokomine T, Zubair M, Sado T, Tsutsui K, et al. Large-scale identification and mapping of nuclear matrix-attachment regions in the distal imprinted domain of mouse chromosome 7. DNA Res. 2004;11:391-407 pubmed..This study presents the first large-scale mapping of MARs in an imprinted domain and provides a platform for understanding the roles of MARs in imprinting. ..
- Watanabe Y, Kokubo H, Miyagawa Tomita S, Endo M, Igarashi K, Aisaki K, et al. Activation of Notch1 signaling in cardiogenic mesoderm induces abnormal heart morphogenesis in mouse. Development. 2006;133:1625-34 pubmed..Our present study thus indicates that the Notch1 signaling pathway plays a suppressive role both in AV myocardial differentiation and the maturation of the ventricular myocardium. ..
- Tamura M, Tanaka S, Fujii T, Aoki A, Komiyama H, Ezawa K, et al. Members of a novel gene family, Gsdm, are expressed exclusively in the epithelium of the skin and gastrointestinal tract in a highly tissue-specific manner. Genomics. 2007;89:618-29 pubmed..Further database searching revealed the presence of other related genes with a similar N-terminal motif. These results suggest that the Gsdm family and related genes have evolved divergent epithelial expression profiles. ..
- Morimoto M, Sasaki N, Oginuma M, Kiso M, Igarashi K, Aizaki K, et al. The negative regulation of Mesp2 by mouse Ripply2 is required to establish the rostro-caudal patterning within a somite. Development. 2007;134:1561-9 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that a Ripply2-Mesp2 negative-feedback loop is essential for the periodic generation of the rostro-caudal polarity within a somite. ..
- Watanabe T, Totoki Y, Toyoda A, Kaneda M, Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Obata Y, et al. Endogenous siRNAs from naturally formed dsRNAs regulate transcripts in mouse oocytes. Nature. 2008;453:539-43 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a role for endogenous siRNAs in mammalian oocytes and show that organisms lacking RdRP activity can produce functional endogenous siRNAs from naturally occurring dsRNAs. ..
- Koide T, Ikeda K, Ogasawara M, Shiroishi T, Moriwaki K, Takahashi A. A new twist on behavioral genetics by incorporating wild-derived mouse strains. Exp Anim. 2011;60:347-54 pubmed..We previously identified a marked variety in behavioral traits using a Mishima battery. This review reports on the usefulness of wild-derived strains for genetic analyses of behavioral phenotypes in mice. ..
- Funabiki M, Kato H, Miyachi Y, Toki H, Motegi H, Inoue M, et al. Autoimmune disorders associated with gain of function of the intracellular sensor MDA5. Immunity. 2014;40:199-212 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the association between disorders of the innate immune system and autoimmunity. ..
- Sagai T, Koide T, Endo M, Tanoue K, Kikkawa Y, Yonekawa H, et al. rim2 (recombination-induced mutation 2) is a new allele of pearl and a mouse model of human Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome (HPS): genetic and physical mapping. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:2-7 pubmed..Thus, rim2 appeared to be a new allele of the pe locus and serves as a mouse model for human HPS. We have made a YAC contig covering the rim2/pe locus toward positional cloning of the causative gene. ..
- Ishihara K, Hatano N, Furuumi H, Kato R, Iwaki T, Miura K, et al. Comparative genomic sequencing identifies novel tissue-specific enhancers and sequence elements for methylation-sensitive factors implicated in Igf2/H19 imprinting. Genome Res. 2000;10:664-71 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that comparative genomic sequencing is highly efficient in identifying regulatory elements. ..
- Hata K, Kusumi M, Yokomine T, Li E, Sasaki H. Meiotic and epigenetic aberrations in Dnmt3L-deficient male germ cells. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:116-22 pubmed..These findings indicate that Dnmt3L regulates germ cell-specific gene expression and IAP suppression, which are critical for male germ cell proliferation and meiosis. ..
- Morimoto M, Kiso M, Sasaki N, Saga Y. Cooperative Mesp activity is required for normal somitogenesis along the anterior-posterior axis. Dev Biol. 2006;300:687-98 pubmed..Moreover, we have found that somitogenesis in the early stages is more susceptible to changes in the Mesp gene dosage, indicating that a threshold level of Mesp activity must be required for the progression of normal somitogenesis. ..
- Tanaka S, Miura I, Yoshiki A, Kato Y, Yokoyama H, Shinogi A, et al. Mutations in the helix termination motif of mouse type I IRS keratin genes impair the assembly of keratin intermediate filament. Genomics. 2007;90:703-11 pubmed..These results suggest that the helix termination motif is essential for the proper assembly of types I and II IRS keratin protein complexes and the formation of keratin intermediate filaments. ..
- Okamura Y, Saga Y. Pofut1 is required for the proper localization of the Notch receptor during mouse development. Mech Dev. 2008;125:663-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that altered trafficking pathways may account for the abnormal accumulation of the Notch1 receptor in the endoplasmic reticulum in Pofut1-null mouse embryos. ..
- Moriwaki K, Miyashita N, Mita A, Gotoh H, Tsuchiya K, Kato H, et al. Unique inbred strain MSM/Ms established from the Japanese wild mouse. Exp Anim. 2009;58:123-34 pubmed..Some of these alleles have avoided selection during breeding as either fancy mice or laboratory mice. The MSM-specific genetic traits discovered to date are discussed. ..
- Katori S, Noguchi Katori Y, Itohara S, Iwasato T. Spinal RacGAP α-Chimaerin Is Required to Establish the Midline Barrier for Proper Corticospinal Axon Guidance. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7682-7699 pubmed publisher..We propose that α-chimaerin protects the midline barrier by mediating cell-repulsive signaling in juxta-midline cells, which prevents these cells from invading the midline. ..