Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Locale: Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Topic: carrier proteins
- Mitsuzawa H, Seino H, Yamao F, Ishihama A. Two WD repeat-containing TATA-binding protein-associated factors in fission yeast that suppress defects in the anaphase-promoting complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17117-24 pubmed..Our study thus provides evidence for a possible role of WD repeat-containing TAFs in the expression of genes involved in progression through the M phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Masumoto H, Muramatsu S, Kamimura Y, Araki H. S-Cdk-dependent phosphorylation of Sld2 essential for chromosomal DNA replication in budding yeast. Nature. 2002;415:651-5 pubmed..Because this complex is suggested to be essential for chromosomal DNA replication, it seems likely that S-Cdk positively regulates formation of the Sld2-Dpb11 complex and, consequently, chromosomal DNA replication. ..
- Katayama A, Tsujii A, Wada A, Nishino T, Ishihama A. Systematic search for zinc-binding proteins in Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:2403-13 pubmed..coli increased up to more than 30 species (or more than 3% of about 1000 proteins expressed under laboratory culture conditions). The specificity and affinity of zinc-binding were analysed for some of the zinc-binding proteins. ..
- Tsuda M, Sasaoka Y, Kiso M, Abe K, Haraguchi S, Kobayashi S, et al. Conserved role of nanos proteins in germ cell development. Science. 2003;301:1239-41 pubmed..Hence, although mice and flies differ in their mechanisms for germ cell specification, there seems to be conserved function for nanos proteins among invertebrates and vertebrates. ..
- Seino H, Kishi T, Nishitani H, Yamao F. Two ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, UbcP1/Ubc4 and UbcP4/Ubc11, have distinct functions for ubiquitination of mitotic cyclin. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3497-505 pubmed
- Hirata H, Nanda I, van Riesen A, McMichael G, Hu H, Hambrock M, et al. ZC4H2 mutations are associated with arthrogryposis multiplex congenita and intellectual disability through impairment of central and peripheral synaptic plasticity. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:681-95 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of ZC4H2 for genetic testing of individuals presenting with ID plus muscle weakness and minor or major forms of AMC...
- Nakayama T, Shimojima T, Hirose S. The PBAP remodeling complex is required for histone H3.3 replacement at chromatin boundaries and for boundary functions. Development. 2012;139:4582-90 pubmed publisher..3 replacement to execute boundary functions. Our results provide new insight into the function of the trithorax group during development. ..
- Suzuki A, Tsuda M, Saga Y. Functional redundancy among Nanos proteins and a distinct role of Nanos2 during male germ cell development. Development. 2007;134:77-83 pubmed..Our present findings thus indicate that there are redundant functions of the Nanos proteins in early PGC development, but that Nanos2 has a distinct function during male germ cell development in the mouse. ..
- Nakayama T, Nishioka K, Dong Y, Shimojima T, Hirose S. Drosophila GAGA factor directs histone H3.3 replacement that prevents the heterochromatin spreading. Genes Dev. 2007;21:552-61 pubmed..Based on these findings we propose that the GAGA factor and FACT-dependent replacement of Lys 9-methylated histone H3 by H3.3 counteracts the spreading of silent chromatin...
- Sada A, Hasegawa K, Pin P, Saga Y. NANOS2 acts downstream of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor signaling to suppress differentiation of spermatogonial stem cells. Stem Cells. 2012;30:280-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that NANOS2 acts downstream of GDNF signaling to maintain undifferentiated state of spermatogonial stem cells...
- Ogura K, Kishimoto N, Mitani S, Gengyo Ando K, Kohara Y. Translational control of maternal glp-1 mRNA by POS-1 and its interacting protein SPN-4 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 2003;130:2495-503 pubmed..We propose that the balance between POS-1 and SPN-4 controls the translation of maternal glp-1 mRNA. ..
- Yamamoto K, Ogasawara H, Fujita N, Utsumi R, Ishihama A. Novel mode of transcription regulation of divergently overlapping promoters by PhoP, the regulator of two-component system sensing external magnesium availability. Mol Microbiol. 2002;45:423-38 pubmed..The PhoP box is located between -46 and -30 with respect to treRP3, and the alpha CTD is needed for this repression. ..
- Hayashi S, Yamaguchi M. Kinase-independent activity of Cdc2/cyclin A prevents the S phase in the Drosophila cell cycle. Genes Cells. 1999;4:111-22 pubmed..Furthermore, the inhibitory effect of Cdc2 on S phase is overridden by E2F. The inhibition of S phase by Cdc2 is achieved in part by a kinase-independent mechanism, which is likely to be mediated by the inhibition of E2F. ..
- Kobayashi M, Aita N, Hayashi S, Okada K, Ohta T, Hirose S. DNA supercoiling factor localizes to puffs on polytene chromosomes in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:6737-44 pubmed..Upon heat treatment of larvae, the staining on the endogenous puffs disappeared, and strong staining appeared on heat shock puffs. These results implicate SCF in gene expression. ..
- Kotani T, Nagayoshi S, Urasaki A, Kawakami K. Transposon-mediated gene trapping in zebrafish. Methods. 2006;39:199-206 pubmed..Here, we describe how we performed the gene trap screen and characterized the gene trap insertions and will discuss the outcome of the pilot screen. ..
- Mitsuzawa H, Ishihama A. Identification of histone H4-like TAF in Schizosaccharomyces pombe as a protein that interacts with WD repeat-containing TAF. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:1952-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the C-terminal region of spTAF72, which largely consists of WD repeats, interacts with spTAF50 in the TFIID and SAGA-like complexes, suggesting a role for the WD repeat domain in the interaction between TAFs. ..
- Suzuki A, Saga Y. Nanos2 suppresses meiosis and promotes male germ cell differentiation. Genes Dev. 2008;22:430-5 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that Nanos2 activates a male-specific genetic program, which is supported by the inhibition of meiosis and the induction of male-type differentiation in female germ cells following the forced expression of Nanos2. ..
- Saga Y. Mouse germ cell development during embryogenesis. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2008;18:337-41 pubmed publisher..In this review, the process of germ cell development in the mouse is discussed with a particular focus on the functions of the key proteins, Blimp1, Nanos, and Dead end1. ..
- Oishi A, Gengyo Ando K, Mitani S, Mohri Shiomi A, Kimura K, Ishihara T, et al. FLR-2, the glycoprotein hormone alpha subunit, is involved in the neural control of intestinal functions in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Cells. 2009;14:1141-54 pubmed publisher..These results are informative to studies of glycoprotein hormone signaling in higher animals. ..
- Kitano T, Saitou N. Evolutionary history of the Rh blood group-related genes in vertebrates. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:856-62 pubmed..Both groups contain genes from three domains (bacteria, archaea, and eukaryota). The Rh blood group and related genes are separated from both amt alpha and beta groups. ..
- Tanaka S, Nakato R, Katou Y, Shirahige K, Araki H. Origin association of Sld3, Sld7, and Cdc45 proteins is a key step for determination of origin-firing timing. Curr Biol. 2011;21:2055-63 pubmed publisher..Additionally, an increased dosage of DDK also allows the late-firing origins to fire earlier. The DDK-dependent limited association between origins and Sld3-Sld7-Cdc45 is a key step for determining the timing of origin firing. ..
- Osaka F, Seino H, Seno T, Yamao F. A ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme in fission yeast that is essential for the onset of anaphase in mitosis. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3388-97 pubmed
- Higashitani A, Higashitani N, Horiuchi K. A cell division inhibitor SulA of Escherichia coli directly interacts with FtsZ through GTP hydrolysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;209:198-204 pubmed..The complex is formed in a molar ratio of approximately one to one of the two proteins. It is likely that the complex formation represents the in vivo mechanism by which SulA inhibits cell division...
- Kishi T, Yamao F. An essential function of Grr1 for the degradation of Cln2 is to act as a binding core that links Cln2 to Skp1. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 24):3655-61 pubmed..Furthermore, Skp1 associated in vivo with phosphorylated Cln2 in a Grr1-dependent manner. These data suggest that Grr1 is required for degradation of Cln2 through linking phosphorylated Cln2 to Skp1 in a SCFGrr1 complex. ..