Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: transcription factors
Publications163 found, 100 shown here
- Hata K, Nishimura R, Ueda M, Ikeda F, Matsubara T, Ichida F, et al. A CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta isoform, liver-enriched inhibitory protein, regulates commitment of osteoblasts and adipocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1971-9 pubmed..Thus, identification of a novel role of the C/EBPbeta isoform provides insight into the molecular basis of the regulation of osteoblast and adipocyte commitment. ..
- Patil A, Nakamura H. Filtering high-throughput protein-protein interaction data using a combination of genomic features. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:100 pubmed..The method has a very high sensitivity and good specificity and can be used to assign a likelihood ratio, corresponding to the reliability, to each interaction. ..
- Itoh B, Hirose T, Takata N, Nishiwaki K, Koga M, Ohshima Y, et al. SRC-1, a non-receptor type of protein tyrosine kinase, controls the direction of cell and growth cone migration in C. elegans. Development. 2005;132:5161-72 pubmed..These findings show that SRC-1 functions in responding to various extracellular guidance cues that direct the cell migration via disparate signaling pathways in different cell types. ..
- Zhang B, Tomita Y, Qiu Y, He J, Morii E, Noguchi S, et al. E74-like factor 2 regulates valosin-containing protein expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:536-41 pubmed..These findings indicate that ELF2/NERF promotes VCP transcription and that ELF2/NERF-VCP pathway might be important for cell survival and proliferation under cytokine stress. ..
- Yamato M, Ishida N, Iwatani H, Yamato M, Rakugi H, Ito T. Kid-1 participates in regulating ERK phosphorylation as a part of the circadian clock output in rat kidney. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2009;29:94-9 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that clock-controlled Kid-1 regulates the cell cycle of proliferating renal tubular epithelial cells through ERK phosphorylation. ..
- Komori T, Yagi H, Nomura S, Yamaguchi A, Sasaki K, Deguchi K, et al. Targeted disruption of Cbfa1 results in a complete lack of bone formation owing to maturational arrest of osteoblasts. Cell. 1997;89:755-64 pubmed
- Ito A, Morii E, Kim D, Kataoka T, Jippo T, Maeyama K, et al. Inhibitory effect of the transcription factor encoded by the mi mutant allele in cultured mast cells of mice. Blood. 1999;93:1189-96 pubmed..These results indicated the inhibitory effect of mi-MITF on the transactivation of particular genes in CMCs. ..
- Hamada F, Murata Y, Nishida A, Fujita F, Tomoyasu Y, Nakamura M, et al. Identification and characterization of E-APC, a novel Drosophila homologue of the tumour suppressor APC. Genes Cells. 1999;4:465-74 pubmed..Our findings suggest that E-APC may be universally involved in the regulation of the Wingless signalling pathway by down-regulating the level of Arm in Drosophila. ..
- Shimizu T, Yamanaka Y, Ryu S, Hashimoto H, Yabe T, Hirata T, et al. Cooperative roles of Bozozok/Dharma and Nodal-related proteins in the formation of the dorsal organizer in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2000;91:293-303 pubmed
- Fujimori K, Kanaoka Y, Sakaguchi Y, Urade Y. Transcriptional activation of the human hematopoietic prostaglandin D synthase gene in megakaryoblastic cells. Roles of the oct-1 element in the 5'-flanking region and the AP-2 element in the untranslated exon 1. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:40511-6 pubmed
- Yamagata K, Nammo T, Moriwaki M, Ihara A, Iizuka K, Yang Q, et al. Overexpression of dominant-negative mutant hepatocyte nuclear fctor-1 alpha in pancreatic beta-cells causes abnormal islet architecture with decreased expression of E-cadherin, reduced beta-cell proliferation, and diabetes. Diabetes. 2002;51:114-23 pubmed..Our findings suggest various roles for HNF-1 alpha in normal glucose metabolism, including the regulation of glucose transport, beta-cell growth, and beta-cell-to-beta-cell communication. ..
- Okuno M, Arimoto E, Nishizuka M, Nishihara T, Imagawa M. Isolation of up- or down-regulated genes in PPARgamma-expressing NIH-3T3 cells during differentiation into adipocytes. FEBS Lett. 2002;519:108-12 pubmed
- Uchikawa M, Ishida Y, Takemoto T, Kamachi Y, Kondoh H. Functional analysis of chicken Sox2 enhancers highlights an array of diverse regulatory elements that are conserved in mammals. Dev Cell. 2003;4:509-19 pubmed..These functionally identified Sox2 enhancers exactly correspond to the extragenic sequence blocks conspicuously conserved between chicken and mammals, which are not discernible by sequence comparison among mammals. ..
- Takeda K, Akira S. TLR signaling pathways. Semin Immunol. 2004;16:3-9 pubmed..Thus, TIR domain-containing adaptors provide specificity of TLR signaling. ..
- Iwano H, Nakamura M, Tajima S. Xenopus MBD3 plays a crucial role in an early stage of development. Dev Biol. 2004;268:416-28 pubmed..We propose that MBD3, distinct from the case in mouse, plays a crucial role in the recognition of methylated genes as an intrinsic component of the complex to guide the corepressor complex during an early stage of Xenopus embryogenesis. ..
- Okada Y, Matsuura E, Tozuka Z, Nagai R, Watanabe A, Matsumoto K, et al. Upstream stimulatory factors stimulate transcription through E-box motifs in the PF4 gene in megakaryocytes. Blood. 2004;104:2027-34 pubmed..Thus, these studies demonstrate that the novel TME binding transcription factors, USF1 and 2, transactivate rat and human PF4 promoters and may play an important role in megakaryocytic gene expression. ..
- Hemmi H, Takeuchi O, Sato S, Yamamoto M, Kaisho T, Sanjo H, et al. The roles of two IkappaB kinase-related kinases in lipopolysaccharide and double stranded RNA signaling and viral infection. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1641-50 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that TBK1 as well as, albeit to a lesser extent, IKK-i play a crucial role in the induction of IFN-beta and IFN-inducible genes in both TLR-stimulated and virus-infected EFs. ..
- Tanaka S, Kamachi Y, Tanouchi A, Hamada H, Jing N, Kondoh H. Interplay of SOX and POU factors in regulation of the Nestin gene in neural primordial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8834-46 pubmed..Evidence also suggests that such interactions are involved in the regulation of neural primordial cells. ..
- Fujikake N, Nagai Y, Popiel H, Kano H, Yamaguchi M, Toda T. Alternative splicing regulates the transcriptional activity of Drosophila heat shock transcription factor in response to heat/cold stress. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3842-8 pubmed..The dHSFc and dHSFd isoforms showed greater transcriptional activity than the other isoforms. Our findings suggest that alternative splicing regulates the transcriptional activity of dHSF. ..
- Katayama T, Hattori T, Yamada K, Matsuzaki S, Tohyama M. Role of the PACAP-PAC1-DISC1 and PACAP-PAC1-stathmin1 systems in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: novel treatment mechanisms?. Pharmacogenomics. 2009;10:1967-78 pubmed publisher..The possibility that the regulation of these two systems could lead to new treatments for schizophrenia is also discussed. ..
- Abe H, Okazawa M, Nakanishi S. The Etv1/Er81 transcription factor orchestrates activity-dependent gene regulation in the terminal maturation program of cerebellar granule cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12497-502 pubmed publisher..Etv1 thus orchestrates the activity-dependent gene regulation in the terminal maturation program and specifies the identity of cerebellar granule cells. ..
- Kunoh T, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. YHP1 encodes a new homeoprotein that binds to the IME1 promoter in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2000;16:439-49 pubmed..We suggest that the homeoprotein Yhp1 that binds directly to the 28 bp region of the IME1 promoter is a new repressor acting under glucose growth conditions. ..
- Inaba T, Matsuda M, Shimamura M, Takei N, Terasaka N, Ando Y, et al. Angiopoietin-like protein 3 mediates hypertriglyceridemia induced by the liver X receptor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21344-51 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Angptl3 is a direct target of LXR and that induction of hepatic Angptl3 accounts for hypertriglyceridemia associated with the treatment of LXR ligand. ..
- Tanaka M, Zheng J, Kitajima K, Kita K, Yoshikawa H, Nakano T. Differentiation status dependent function of FOG-1. Genes Cells. 2004;9:1213-26 pubmed..These results suggest that FOG-1 functions in a cell differentiation context-dependent manner. ..
- Akashi M, Takumi T. The orphan nuclear receptor RORalpha regulates circadian transcription of the mammalian core-clock Bmal1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:441-8 pubmed..These results indicate that RORalpha acts to promote Bmal1 transcription, thereby maintaining a robust circadian rhythm. ..
- Furumoto T, Tanaka A, Ito M, Malik S, Hirose Y, Hanaoka F, et al. A kinase subunit of the human mediator complex, CDK8, positively regulates transcriptional activation. Genes Cells. 2007;12:119-32 pubmed..This, together with the effect of TMLC1 on transcription in vitro, suggests that CDK8 play positive roles in transcriptional activation. ..
- Sanuki R, Omori Y, Koike C, Sato S, Furukawa T. Panky, a novel photoreceptor-specific ankyrin repeat protein, is a transcriptional cofactor that suppresses CRX-regulated photoreceptor genes. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:753-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found by an electrophoretic mobility shift assay that PANKY inhibited the DNA-binding activity of CRX. ..
- Sekido R, Takagi T, Okanami M, Moribe H, Yamamura M, Higashi Y, et al. Organization of the gene encoding transcriptional repressor deltaEF1 and cross-species conservation of its domains. Gene. 1996;173:227-32 pubmed..It was also indicated that rodent deltaEF1 lacked exon 3. ..
- Orita T, Shimozaki K, Murakami H, Nagata S. Binding of NF-Y transcription factor to one of the cis-elements in the myeloperoxidase gene promoter that responds to granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:23216-23 pubmed..The recombinant NF-Y was then shown to bind to GRE in a combination of the three subunits. ..
- Tsujimura T, Hashimoto K, Morii E, Tunio G, Tsujino K, Kondo T, et al. Involvement of transcription factor encoded by the mouse mi locus (MITF) in apoptosis of cultured mast cells induced by removal of interleukin-3. Am J Pathol. 1997;151:1043-51 pubmed..However, the overexpression of (+)-MITF did not accelerate the apoptosis of Ba/F3 cells. The (+)-MITF appeared to play some roles for the acceleration of the apoptosis specifically in the mast cell lineage. ..
- Fujitani Y, Kajimoto Y, Yasuda T, Matsuoka T, Kaneto H, Umayahara Y, et al. Identification of a portable repression domain and an E1A-responsive activation domain in Pax4: a possible role of Pax4 as a transcriptional repressor in the pancreas. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8281-91 pubmed
- Kawane K, Fukuyama H, Kondoh G, Takeda J, Ohsawa Y, Uchiyama Y, et al. Requirement of DNase II for definitive erythropoiesis in the mouse fetal liver. Science. 2001;292:1546-9 pubmed..Thus, DNase II in macrophages appears to be responsible for destroying the nuclear DNA expelled from erythroid precursor cells. ..
- Yamaguchi A, Taniguchi M, Hori O, Ogawa S, Tojo N, Matsuoka N, et al. Peg3/Pw1 is involved in p53-mediated cell death pathway in brain ischemia/hypoxia. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:623-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Peg3/Pw1 is involved in the p53-mediated cell death pathway as a downstream effector of p53 in brain ischemia/hypoxia. ..
- Yamamoto M, Mine N, Mochida K, Sakai Y, Saijoh Y, Meno C, et al. Nodal signaling induces the midline barrier by activating Nodal expression in the lateral plate. Development. 2003;130:1795-804 pubmed..Monitoring of Nodal activity in wild-type and Foxh1 mutant embryos suggested that Nodal activity travels from the node to left LPM, and from left LPM to the midline. ..
- Sato S, Sugiyama M, Yamamoto M, Watanabe Y, Kawai T, Takeda K, et al. Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor inducing IFN-beta (TRIF) associates with TNF receptor-associated factor 6 and TANK-binding kinase 1, and activates two distinct transcription factors, NF-kappa B and IFN-regulatory factor-3, in the Toll-li. J Immunol. 2003;171:4304-10 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that TRIF associates with TRAF6 and TBK1 independently, and activates two distinct transcription factors, NF-kappaB and IFN regulatory factor-3, respectively. ..
- Yoshida C, Yamamoto H, Fujita T, Furuichi T, Ito K, Inoue K, et al. Runx2 and Runx3 are essential for chondrocyte maturation, and Runx2 regulates limb growth through induction of Indian hedgehog. Genes Dev. 2004;18:952-63 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Runx2 and Runx3 are essential for chondrocyte maturation and that Runx2 regulates limb growth by organizing chondrocyte maturation and proliferation through the induction of Ihh expression. ..
- Ichida F, Nishimura R, Hata K, Matsubara T, Ikeda F, Hisada K, et al. Reciprocal roles of MSX2 in regulation of osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34015-22 pubmed..These data indicate that Msx2 promotes osteoblast differentiation independently of Runx2 and negatively regulates adipocyte differentiation through inhibition of PPARgamma and the C/EBP family. ..
- Okada K, Yano M, Doki Y, Azama T, Iwanaga H, Miki H, et al. Injection of LPS causes transient suppression of biological clock genes in rats. J Surg Res. 2008;145:5-12 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that LPS causes transient suppression of the biological clock genes and suggest that the biological clock plays an important role in the response to systemic inflammatory stimulation. ..
- Qiu Y, Morii E, Zhang B, Tomita Y, Aozasa K. E74-like factor 2 transactivates valosin-containing protein gene, a gene involved in cancer growth. Exp Mol Pathol. 2008;84:226-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that ELF2 transactivates VCP promoter through binding to two motifs, with a predominant contribution of the upstream one. ..
- Okauchi Y, Iwahashi H, Okita K, Yuan M, Matsuda M, Tanaka T, et al. PGC-1alpha Gly482Ser polymorphism is associated with the plasma adiponectin level in type 2 diabetic men. Endocr J. 2008;55:991-7 pubmed..Therefore the observed gender-specific association between PGC-1alpha and the plasma adiponectin level may reflect linkage disequilibrium of Gly482Ser polymorphism with other causative variations. ..
- Hoshino H, Miyoshi N, Nagai K, Tomimaru Y, Nagano H, Sekimoto M, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition with expression of SNAI1-induced chemoresistance in colorectal cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:1061-5 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that Snai1 plays a role in CRC invasion through phosphorylation, suggesting a plausible mechanism for overcoming chemoresistance that will lead to the development of effective treatments for CRC. ..
- Kawato Y, Hirao M, Ebina K, Tamai N, Shi K, Hashimoto J, et al. Nkx3.2-induced suppression of Runx2 is a crucial mediator of hypoxia-dependent maintenance of chondrocyte phenotypes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;416:205-10 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that Nkx3.2-dependent suppression of Runx2 was a crucial factor in hypoxia-dependent maintenance of chondrocyte identity. ..
- Sato R, Inoue J, Kawabe Y, Kodama T, Takano T, Maeda M. Sterol-dependent transcriptional regulation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26461-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that the activity of SREBP-2 is controlled not only post-translationally by proteolytic activation of the precursor protein but also transcriptionally by itself together with NF-Y. ..
- Yashiro K, Shiratori H, Hamada H. Haemodynamics determined by a genetic programme govern asymmetric development of the aortic arch. Nature. 2007;450:285-8 pubmed..Our results therefore indicate that haemodynamics, generated by a Pitx2-induced morphological change in the outflow tract, is responsible for the asymmetric remodelling of the great arteries. ..
- Nagao K, Taniyama Y, Kietzmann T, Doi T, Komuro I, Morishita R. HIF-1alpha signaling upstream of NKX2.5 is required for cardiac development in Xenopus. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11841-9 pubmed publisher..The cardiac abnormality in the HIF-1alpha-depleted embryo was restored with co-injection of nkx2.5 mRNA. Collectively, these findings reveal that HIF-1alpha-regulated nkx2.5 expression is required for heart development in Xenopus. ..
- Sekimoto T, Miyamoto Y, Arai S, Yoneda Y. Importin alpha protein acts as a negative regulator for Snail protein nuclear import. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15126-31 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel regulatory mechanism of the nuclear protein import process by importin ? and gives an implication to control Snail activity by inhibiting its nuclear localization. ..
- Murai K, Murakami H, Nagata S. A novel form of the myeloid-specific zinc finger protein (MZF-2). Genes Cells. 1997;2:581-91 pubmed..The distinct N-terminal half of MZF-2 carries two characteristic domains, a leucine-rich domain called LeR and an acidic domain, which suggests a unique function of MZF-2 in neutrophil development. ..
- Kishida K, Shimomura I, Nishizawa H, Maeda N, Kuriyama H, Kondo H, et al. Enhancement of the aquaporin adipose gene expression by a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48572-9 pubmed..We conclude that AQPap is a novel adipose-specific target gene of PPARgamma through the binding of PPARgamma-retinoid X receptor complex to the PPRE region in its promoter. ..
- Kato T, Mizuno S, Kamimoto M. The decreases of nephrin and nuclear WT1 in podocytes may cause albuminuria during the experimental sepsis in mice. Biomed Res. 2010;31:363-9 pubmed..Therefore, down-regulation of nephrin by the loss in nuclear WT1, along with hyper-cytokinemia, may underlie the mechanisms by which albuminuria is induced by infectious stresses. ..
- Vandenbon A, Kumagai Y, Akira S, Standley D. A novel unbiased measure for motif co-occurrence predicts combinatorial regulation of transcription. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 7:S11 pubmed publisher..Both computational and experimental results indicate that the proposed method can clarify TF interactions that could not be observed by currently available prediction methods. ..
- Kamachi Y, Uchikawa M, Collignon J, Lovell Badge R, Kondoh H. Involvement of Sox1, 2 and 3 in the early and subsequent molecular events of lens induction. Development. 1998;125:2521-32 pubmed..Continued activity, especially of SOX1, is then essential for further development of the lens. ..
- Kanemura Y, Hiraga S, Arita N, Ohnishi T, Izumoto S, Mori K, et al. Isolation and expression analysis of a novel human homologue of the Drosophila glial cells missing (gcm) gene. FEBS Lett. 1999;442:151-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that humans have two homologues of gcm like mice and that human gcm genes form a novel family which may function not only during fetal development but also in the postnatal or pathological stage. ..
- Miyatsuka T, Matsuoka T, Shiraiwa T, Yamamoto T, Kojima I, Kaneto H. Ptf1a and RBP-J cooperate in activating Pdx1 gene expression through binding to Area III. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:905-9 pubmed..Our data suggest a novel transcriptional network, where Ptf1a and RBP-J cooperatively regulate Pdx1 gene expression through binding to Area III. ..
- Sugiyama M, Nugroho S, Iida N, Sakai T, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Genetic interactions of ribosome maturation factors Yvh1 and Mrt4 influence mRNA decay, glycogen accumulation, and the expression of early meiotic genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biochem. 2011;150:103-11 pubmed publisher..Since a defect in ribosome biogenesis in general can be related to other various defects, the ribosome biogenesis defect caused by absence of Yvh1 might be an indirect cause of observed phenotypes. ..
- Inoue N, Watanabe M, Yamada H, Takemura K, Hayashi F, Yamakawa N, et al. Associations between autoimmune thyroid disease prognosis and functional polymorphisms of susceptibility genes, CTLA4, PTPN22, CD40, FCRL3, and ZFAT, previously revealed in genome-wide association studies. J Clin Immunol. 2012;32:1243-52 pubmed publisher..0117). CD40 and FCRL3 gene polymorphisms were associated with GD intractability, and ZFAT polymorphism was associated with HD severity but not its development. ..
- Ito T, Fujio Y, Takahashi K, Azuma J. Degradation of NFAT5, a transcriptional regulator of osmotic stress-related genes, is a critical event for doxorubicin-induced cytotoxicity in cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:1152-60 pubmed..These findings suggest that Dox promoted the degradation of NFAT5 protein, reducing cell viability in cardiomyocytes. This is the first demonstration that NFAT5 is a positive regulator of cardiomyocyte survival. ..
- Hasegawa K, Yasuda T, Shiraishi C, Fujiwara K, Przedborski S, Mochizuki H, et al. Promotion of mitochondrial biogenesis by necdin protects neurons against mitochondrial insults. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10943 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that necdin promotes mitochondrial biogenesis through stabilization of endogenous PGC-1Î± to exert neuroprotection against mitochondrial insults. ..
- Takinowaki H, Matsuda Y, Yoshida T, Kobayashi Y, Ohkubo T. The solution structure of the methylated form of the N-terminal 16-kDa domain of Escherichia coli Ada protein. Protein Sci. 2006;15:487-97 pubmed..Thus, after the Cys38 methylation, the MTase subdomain can bind the cognate DNA because the negative charge of the zinc-thiolate center is reduced. ..
- Egusa H, Okita K, Kayashima H, Yu G, Fukuyasu S, Saeki M, et al. Gingival fibroblasts as a promising source of induced pluripotent stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12743 pubmed publisher..In addition, high-quality iPS cells were generated from mouse GFs without Myc transduction or a specific system for reprogrammed cell selection. ..
- Abe H, Okazawa M, Nakanishi S. Gene regulation via excitation and BDNF is mediated by induction and phosphorylation of the Etv1 transcription factor in cerebellar granule cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:8734-9 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the NR2C and Tiam1 maturation genes are synergistically controlled by the activity-dependent induction of Etv1 and its phosphorylation by the BDNF signaling cascade. ..
- Leem S, Chung C, Sunwoo Y, Araki H. Meiotic role of SWI6 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3154-8 pubmed..These results suggest that SWI6 enhances the expression level of the recombination genes in meiosis in a dosage-dependent manner, which results in an effect on the frequency of meiotic recombination. ..
- Nishizawa H, Yamagata K, Shimomura I, Takahashi M, Kuriyama H, Kishida K, et al. Small heterodimer partner, an orphan nuclear receptor, augments peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1586-92 pubmed..Mutant SHP proteins, which are found in naturally occurring mutation, showed less enhancing activity for PPARgamma than wild-type SHP. Our results suggest that SHP may act as an endogenous enhancer of PPARgamma. ..
- Yamashita K, Shinohara M, Shinohara A. Rad6-Bre1-mediated histone H2B ubiquitylation modulates the formation of double-strand breaks during meiosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11380-5 pubmed..Histone tail modifications might play a role in DSB formation during meiosis. ..
- Kawasaki A, Matsumura I, Kataoka Y, Takigawa E, Nakajima K, Kanakura Y. Opposing effects of PML and PML/RAR alpha on STAT3 activity. Blood. 2003;101:3668-73 pubmed..These results reveal new functions of PML and PML/RAR alpha and suggest that dysregulated STAT3 activity by PML/RAR alpha may participate in the pathogenesis of APL. ..
- Tokoyoda K, Tsujikawa K, Matsushita H, Ono Y, Hayashi T, Harada Y, et al. Up-regulation of IL-4 production by the activated cAMP/cAMP-dependent protein kinase (protein kinase A) pathway in CD3/CD28-stimulated naive T cells. Int Immunol. 2004;16:643-53 pubmed..These findings indicate that the cAMP/PKA pathway transduces the critical activation signal to T(h)2 polarization by a CD3/CD28 co-stimulation signal and a PKA activating reagent. ..
- Kamide K, Kokubo Y, Yang J, Matayoshi T, Inamoto N, Takiuchi S, et al. Association of genetic polymorphisms of ACADSB and COMT with human hypertension. J Hypertens. 2007;25:103-10 pubmed..Our study suggests the possible involvement of genetic polymorphisms in ACADSB and COMT in essential hypertension in the Japanese population. ..
- Meno C, Shimono A, Saijoh Y, Yashiro K, Mochida K, Ohishi S, et al. lefty-1 is required for left-right determination as a regulator of lefty-2 and nodal. Cell. 1998;94:287-97 pubmed..These observations suggest that the role of lefty-1 is to restrict the expression of lefty-2 and nodal to the left side, and that lefty-2 or nodal encodes a signal for "leftness." ..
- Peng Y, Mandai K, Sakisaka T, Okabe N, Yamamoto Y, Yokoyama S, et al. Ankycorbin: a novel actin cytoskeleton-associated protein. Genes Cells. 2000;5:1001-8 pubmed..These results indicate that ankycorbin is indirectly associated with the actin cytoskeleton structures, presumably through an unidentified factor and suggest that it is involved in their maintenance and/or reorganization. ..
- Yoshio T, Morita T, Tsujii M, Hayashi N, Sobue K. MRTF-A/B suppress the oncogenic properties of v-ras- and v-src-mediated transformants. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1185-93 pubmed publisher..In vivo, CA-MRTF-A expression suppressed tumor formation and reduced liver metastases. Therefore, we concluded that MRTF-A/B are potent repressors of cancer progression and metastasis and may be good targets for cancer therapy. ..
- Oe S, Yoneda Y. Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-like sequences are involved in dendritic targeting of BDNF mRNA in hippocampal neurons. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3424-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CPE-like sequences are involved in the activity-dependent as well as constitutive dendritic targeting of BDNF mRNA. ..
- Okamoto T, Yamamoto S, Watanabe Y, Ohta T, Hanaoka F, Roeder R, et al. Analysis of the role of TFIIE in transcriptional regulation through structure-function studies of the TFIIEbeta subunit. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19866-76 pubmed..Both responsible regions also mapped within the essential 227-amino acid region. Our results suggest that TFIIE engages in communication with both transcription factors and promoter DNA via the TFIIEbeta subunit. ..
- Hidaka K, Lee J, Kim H, Ihm C, Iio A, Ogawa M, et al. Chamber-specific differentiation of Nkx2.5-positive cardiac precursor cells from murine embryonic stem cells. FASEB J. 2003;17:740-2 pubmed..These results suggest that Nkx2.5(+) lineage cells possess the potential to differentiate into various cardiomyocyte cell types and that RA can modify the differentiation potential of Nkx2.5(+) cardiomyocytes at an early stage. ..
- Isaka Y, Takahara S, Imai E. Chronic deteriorating renal function and renal fibrosis. Contrib Nephrol. 2008;159:109-21 pubmed publisher..The sustained expression of these cytokines underlies the development of renal fibrosis. Understanding the molecular mechanisms of the cytokines and their signaling could lead to the application of clinically useful gene therapy. ..
- Shimoke K, Sasaya H, Ikeuchi T. Analysis of the role of nerve growth factor in promoting cell survival during endoplasmic reticulum stress in PC12 cells. Methods Enzymol. 2011;490:53-70 pubmed publisher..The information generated by our method will accelerate our understanding of the pathophysiological processes leading to ER stress-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Kokame K, Kato H, Miyata T. Identification of ERSE-II, a new cis-acting element responsible for the ATF6-dependent mammalian unfolded protein response. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9199-205 pubmed..Interestingly, ERSE-II was also dependent on p50ATF6, in a manner similar to that of ERSE, despite the disparate structure. The strong induction of Herp mRNA by ER stress would be achieved by the cooperation of ERSE and ERSE-II. ..
- Terami H, Hidaka K, Katsumata T, Iio A, Morisaki T. Wnt11 facilitates embryonic stem cell differentiation to Nkx2.5-positive cardiomyocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:968-75 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that Wnt11 plays an important role for cardiac development by embryoid bodies, and may be a key regulator of cardiac muscle cell proliferation and differentiation during heart development. ..
- Ogura E, Okuda Y, Kondoh H, Kamachi Y. Adaptation of GAL4 activators for GAL4 enhancer trapping in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:641-55 pubmed publisher..By the combination of these genetic elements, we have successfully developed enhancer trap lines that activate UAS-dependent reporter genes in a tissue-specific fashion that reflects trapped enhancer activities. ..
- Oono K, Yoneda T, Manabe T, Yamagishi S, Matsuda S, Hitomi J, et al. JAB1 participates in unfolded protein responses by association and dissociation with IRE1. Neurochem Int. 2004;45:765-72 pubmed..These results suggested that JAB1 may act as a key molecule in selecting the UPR or cell death by association and dissociation with IRE1alpha. ..
- Shiratori H, Yashiro K, Shen M, Hamada H. Conserved regulation and role of Pitx2 in situs-specific morphogenesis of visceral organs. Development. 2006;133:3015-25 pubmed
- Hayashi H, Nakagami H, Takami Y, Koriyama H, Mori M, Tamai K, et al. FHL-2 suppresses VEGF-induced phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activation via interaction with sphingosine kinase-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:909-14 pubmed publisher..FHL-2 may regulate phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt via direct suppression of the SK1-S1P pathway in ECs. ..
- Saijo M. The role of Cockayne syndrome group A (CSA) protein in transcription-coupled nucleotide excision repair. Mech Ageing Dev. 2013;134:196-201 pubmed publisher..A protein complex consisting of CSA, DDB1, cullin 4A, and Roc1 exhibits ubiquitin ligase activity. The role of CSA protein in TC-NER is described in this review. ..
- Nagoshi E, Yoneda Y. Dimerization of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2 via the helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper domain is a prerequisite for its nuclear localization mediated by importin beta. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2779-89 pubmed..These results indicate that dimerization is a prerequisite process for the nuclear import of SREBP-2 mediated by importin beta. ..
- Yuasa Y, Okabe M, Yoshikawa S, Tabuchi K, Xiong W, Hiromi Y, et al. Drosophila homeodomain protein REPO controls glial differentiation by cooperating with ETS and BTB transcription factors. Development. 2003;130:2419-28 pubmed..In addition to promoting glial differentiation, we found that REPO is also necessary to suppress neuronal development, cooperating with TTK69. We propose that REPO plays a key role in both glial development and diversification. ..
- Arimoto Ishida E, Ohmichi M, Mabuchi S, Takahashi T, Ohshima C, Hayakawa J, et al. Inhibition of phosphorylation of a forkhead transcription factor sensitizes human ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2014-22 pubmed..Our findings suggest that cisplatin causes the phosphorylation of FKHRL1 via a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt cascade, and inhibition of this cascade sensitizes ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin. ..
- Takahashi A, Kimura T, Takabatake Y, Namba T, Kaimori J, Kitamura H, et al. Autophagy guards against cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:517-25 pubmed publisher..Enhancing autophagy may provide a novel therapeutic option to minimize AKI. ..
- Tadokoro Y, Yomogida K, Ohta H, Tohda A, Nishimune Y. Homeostatic regulation of germinal stem cell proliferation by the GDNF/FSH pathway. Mech Dev. 2002;113:29-39 pubmed..These results suggest that in mammalian testes, GSC proliferation and population size are regulated homeostatically by the GDNF/FSH pathway. ..
- Hidaka K, Nitta T, Sugawa R, Shirai M, Schwartz R, Amagai T, et al. Differentiation of pharyngeal endoderm from mouse embryonic stem cell. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:1735-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that EBs contain cells that resemble third pharyngeal pouch endoderm and confer a thymus-like microenvironment. ..
- Takano A, Shimizu K, Kani S, Buijs R, Okada M, Nagai K. Cloning and characterization of rat casein kinase 1epsilon. FEBS Lett. 2000;477:106-12 pubmed
- Matsumura I, Tanaka H, Kanakura Y. E2F1 and c-Myc in cell growth and death. Cell Cycle. 2003;2:333-8 pubmed..c-Myc and E2F1 inhibit NF-kappaB activities induced by TNFalpha or reactive oxygen species. Therefore, c-Myc and E2F1 regulate cell growth and death not only by inducing transcription but also by modulating signal transduction pathways. ..