Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Shimada K, Saeki M, Egusa H, Fukuyasu S, Yura Y, Iwai K, et al. RPAP3 enhances cytotoxicity of doxorubicin by impairing NF-kappa B pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:910-4 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that RPAP3 may be a novel modulator of NF-?B pathway in apoptosis induced by anti-cancer chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Ito K, Maruyama Z, Sakai A, Izumi S, Moriishi T, Yoshida C, et al. Overexpression of Cdk6 and Ccnd1 in chondrocytes inhibited chondrocyte maturation and caused p53-dependent apoptosis without enhancing proliferation. Oncogene. 2014;33:1862-71 pubmed publisher..Our findings also indicated that p53 deletion in addition to the inactivation of Rb was not sufficient to accelerate chondrocyte proliferation, suggesting the resistance of chondrocytes to sarcomagenesis. ..
- Atsumi Y, Minakawa Y, Ono M, Dobashi S, Shinohe K, Shinohara A, et al. ATM and SIRT6/SNF2H Mediate Transient H2AX Stabilization When DSBs Form by Blocking HUWE1 to Allow Efficient Î³H2AX Foci Formation. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2728-40 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a pathway controlled by ATM, SIRT6, and SNF2H to block HUWE1, which stabilizes H2AX and induces its incorporation into chromatin only when cells are damaged. ..
- Morita T, Mayanagi T, Yoshio T, Sobue K. Changes in the balance between caldesmon regulated by p21-activated kinases and the Arp2/3 complex govern podosome formation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8454-63 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that in Rous sarcoma virus-transformed cells, changes in the balance between PAK1/2-regulated caldesmon and the Arp2/3 complex govern the formation of podosomes. ..
- Kurihara D, Matsunaga S, Omura T, Higashiyama T, Fukui K. Identification and characterization of plant Haspin kinase as a histone H3 threonine kinase. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:73 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of coordinated mechanisms involving Haspin and Aurora kinases will shed new light on the regulation of chromosome segregation in cell division during plant growth and development. ..
- Yamada M, Suzuki K, Mizutani M, Asada A, Matozaki T, Ikeuchi T, et al. Analysis of tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent protein-protein interactions in TrkB-mediated intracellular signaling using modified yeast two-hybrid system. J Biochem. 2001;130:157-65 pubmed..Therefore, we show that the two-and-a-half-hybrid system is a powerful tool for studying tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent protein-protein interactions in intracellular signaling pathways stimulated by TrkB receptor tyrosine kinase. ..
- Park W, Park C, Tomura M, Ahn H, Nakahira Y, Iwasaki M, et al. CD28 costimulation is required not only to induce IL-12 receptor but also to render janus kinases/STAT4 responsive to IL-12 stimulation in TCR-triggered T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1456-64 pubmed..These resutls indicate that CD28 costimulation not only contributes to up-regulating IL-12R expression but is also required to render JAKs/STAT4 responsive to IL-12 stimulation. ..
- Okuda S, Myoui A, Ariga K, Nakase T, Yonenobu K, Yoshikawa H. Mechanisms of age-related decline in insulin-like growth factor-I dependent proteoglycan synthesis in rat intervertebral disc cells. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2001;26:2421-6 pubmed
- Akagi T, Murata K, Shishido T, Hanafusa H. v-Crk activates the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/AKT pathway by utilizing focal adhesion kinase and H-Ras. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7015-23 pubmed..One is the interaction of p85 with tyrosine-phosphorylated FAK promoted by the v-Crk SH2 domain, and another is the interaction of p110 with H-Ras dictated by the v-Crk SH3 domain. ..
- Furukohri A, Sato N, Masai H, Arai K, Sugino A, Waga S. Identification and characterization of a Xenopus homolog of Dbf4, a regulatory subunit of the Cdc7 protein kinase required for the initiation of DNA replication. J Biochem. 2003;134:447-57 pubmed..These results suggest that the function of XDbf4-XCdc7 during the early embryonic cell cycle is regulated in a manner distinct from that during the somatic cell cycle. ..
- Matsuoka H, Nada S, Okada M. Mechanism of Csk-mediated down-regulation of Src family tyrosine kinases in epidermal growth factor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5975-83 pubmed
- Asano Y, Kim J, Ogai A, Takashima S, Shintani Y, Minamino T, et al. A calcium channel blocker activates both ecto-5(')-nucleotidase and NO synthase in HUVEC. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;311:625-8 pubmed..We concluded that amlodipine activates both NOS and ecto-5(')-nucleotidase via p38MAP kinase in vitro and enhances both NO and adenosine production in vivo. ..
- Kitamura K, Aota S, Sakamoto R, Emori T, Okazaki K. Smad7 induces G0/G1 cell cycle arrest in mesenchymal cells by inhibiting the expression of G1 cyclins. Dev Growth Differ. 2005;47:537-52 pubmed..The present findings raise the possibility that a link between Smad7 and the G1 to S phase transition may also contribute to the cell cycle control by certain Smad7-inducing stimuli in a cell-type-dependent fashion. ..
- Kitagawa K. CREB and cAMP response element-mediated gene expression in the ischemic brain. FEBS J. 2007;274:3210-7 pubmed..This minireview summarizes our current understanding for the role of CREB in regulating CRE-mediated gene expression during cerebral ischemia. ..
- Nakamura T, Iwata Y, Arai Y, Komamura K, Wakabayashi S. Activation of Na+/H+ exchanger 1 is sufficient to generate Ca2+ signals that induce cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure. Circ Res. 2008;103:891-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that activation of NHE1 is sufficient to initiate cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure mainly through activation of CaMKII-histone deacetylase pathway. ..
- Tsunaka Y, Toga J, Yamaguchi H, Tate S, Hirose S, Morikawa K. Phosphorylated intrinsically disordered region of FACT masks its nucleosomal DNA binding elements. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:24610-21 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this control mechanism appears to support rapid chromatin transactions during early embryogenesis through the dephosphorylation of some sites in the maternally transmitted dSSRP1. ..
- Hoshino H, Miyoshi N, Nagai K, Tomimaru Y, Nagano H, Sekimoto M, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition with expression of SNAI1-induced chemoresistance in colorectal cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:1061-5 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that Snai1 plays a role in CRC invasion through phosphorylation, suggesting a plausible mechanism for overcoming chemoresistance that will lead to the development of effective treatments for CRC. ..
- Hagihara M, Endo M, Hata K, Higuchi C, Takaoka K, Yoshikawa H, et al. Neogenin, a receptor for bone morphogenetic proteins. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5157-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that neogenin negatively regulates the functions of BMP and that this effect of neogenin is mediated by the activation of RhoA. ..
- Morinaka A, Yamada M, Itofusa R, Funato Y, Yoshimura Y, Nakamura F, et al. Thioredoxin mediates oxidation-dependent phosphorylation of CRMP2 and growth cone collapse. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra26 pubmed publisher..Our results not only clarify the importance of H2O2 and CRMP2 oxidation in Sema3A-induced growth cone collapse but also indicate an unappreciated role for TRX in linking CRMP2 oxidation to phosphorylation. ..
- Yasui T, Sakakibara Yada K, Nishimura T, Morita K, Tada S, Mosialos G, et al. Protein kinase N1, a cell inhibitor of Akt kinase, has a central role in quality control of germinal center formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21022-7 pubmed publisher..More B cells, with fewer somatic BCR gene V region hypermutations were selected in Pkn1(-/-) GCs. These results indicate that PKN1 down-regulation of BCR-activated Akt activity is critical for normal GC B-cell survival and selection. ..
- Shimizu K, Kawabe H, Minami S, Honda T, Takaishi K, Shirataki H, et al. SMAP, an Smg GDS-associating protein having arm repeats and phosphorylated by Src tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27013-7 pubmed..These results suggest that SMAP serves as an adaptor for both Smg GDS and kinesin II or its related protein and links them with both the Smg GDS-regulated small G protein and Src tyrosine kinase signalings. ..
- Kumanogoh A, Marukawa S, Kumanogoh T, Hirota H, Lee I, Yasui T, et al. Impairment of antigen-specific antibody production in transgenic mice expressing a dominant-negative form of gp130. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:2478-82 pubmed..These results demonstrate in vivo that gp130 is essential for antigen-specific antibody production. ..
- Yoshida T, Sato R, Mahmood S, Kawasaki S, Futai M, Maeda M. GATA-6 DNA binding protein expressed in human gastric adenocarcinoma MKN45 cells. FEBS Lett. 1997;414:333-7 pubmed..The conservation of the GATA protein binding sites suggests that they are important for the gene regulation of the human and rat H+/K+-ATPase. ..
- Katayama T, Imaizumi K, Sato N, Miyoshi K, Kudo T, Hitomi J, et al. Presenilin-1 mutations downregulate the signalling pathway of the unfolded-protein response. Nat Cell Biol. 1999;1:479-85 pubmed..These results show that mutations in PS1 may increase vulnerability to ER stress by altering the UPR signalling pathway. ..
- Yamamoto S, Watanabe Y, van der Spek P, Watanabe T, Fujimoto H, Hanaoka F, et al. Studies of nematode TFIIE function reveal a link between Ser-5 phosphorylation of RNA polymerase II and the transition from transcription initiation to elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1-15 pubmed..These observations provide evidence of TFIIE involvement in the transition and suggest that Ser-5 phosphorylation is essential for Pol II to be in the processive elongation form. ..
- Sumi T, Matsumoto K, Shibuya A, Nakamura T. Activation of LIM kinases by myotonic dystrophy kinase-related Cdc42-binding kinase alpha. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23092-6 pubmed..These results indicate that MRCKalpha phosphorylates and activates LIM kinases downstream of Cdc42, which in turn regulates the actin cytoskeletal reorganization through the phosphorylation and inactivation of ADF/cofilin. ..
- Takemori H, Katoh Y, Horike N, Doi J, Okamoto M. ACTH-induced nucleocytoplasmic translocation of salt-inducible kinase. Implication in the protein kinase A-activated gene transcription in mouse adrenocortical tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42334-43 pubmed..This intracellular translocation of SIK, a CRE-repressor, may account for the time-dependent change in the level of ACTH-activated expression of the StAR protein gene. ..
- Kogata N, Masuda M, Kamioka Y, Yamagishi A, Endo A, Okada M, et al. Identification of Fer tyrosine kinase localized on microtubules as a platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 phosphorylating kinase in vascular endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3553-64 pubmed..These results suggest that Fer localized on microtubules may play an important role in phosphorylation of PECAM-1, possibly through its association with p120catenin at nascent cell-cell contacts. ..
- Takashima S. Phosphorylation of myosin regulatory light chain by myosin light chain kinase, and muscle contraction. Circ J. 2009;73:208-13 pubmed..Therefore, I also review the differences in the connection between each MLCK and muscle contraction in the 3 muscle types. ..
- Kushima Y, Iida K, Nagaoka Y, Kawaratani Y, Shirahama T, Sakaguchi M, et al. Inhibitory effect of (-)-epigallocatechin and (-)-epigallocatechin gallate against heregulin beta1-induced migration/invasion of the MCF-7 breast carcinoma cell line. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:899-904 pubmed..EGC, as well as EGCG, could play an important role against the promotion of metastasis of breast cancer cells. ..
- Hattori K, Fukuzako H, Hashiguchi T, Hamada S, Murata Y, Isosaka T, et al. Decreased expression of Fyn protein and disbalanced alternative splicing patterns in platelets from patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2009;168:119-28 pubmed publisher..These results suggest novel deficits in Fyn function, manifested as the downregulation of Fyn protein or the altered transcription of the fyn gene, in patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Hishida T, Hirade Y, Haruta N, Kubota Y, Iwasaki H. Srs2 plays a critical role in reversible G2 arrest upon chronic and low doses of UV irradiation via two distinct homologous recombination-dependent mechanisms in postreplication repair-deficient cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4840-50 pubmed publisher..The first (required to suppress HR during PRR) is regulated by PCNA sumoylation, whereas the second (required for HR-dependent recovery following CLUV exposure) is regulated by CDK1-dependent phosphorylation. ..
- Kashiwagi Y, Yanagita M, Kojima Y, Shimabukuro Y, Murakami S. Nicotine up-regulates IL-8 expression in human gingival epithelial cells following stimulation with IL-1? or P. gingivalis lipopolysaccharide via nicotinic acetylcholine receptor signalling. Arch Oral Biol. 2012;57:483-90 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that nicotine increases IL-8 production in gingival epithelial cells via ERK phosphorylation following Ca(2+) signalling after nAChR activation. ..
- Yasui H, Naka N, Imura Y, Outani H, Kaneko K, Hamada K, et al. Tailored therapeutic strategies for synovial sarcoma: receptor tyrosine kinase pathway analyses predict sensitivity to the mTOR inhibitor RAD001. Cancer Lett. 2014;347:114-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, evaluating activated RTKs in clinical samples may predict sensitivity to mTOR inhibitors, raising the possibility of a tailored therapy for SS. ..
- Takagi M, Sueishi M, Saiwaki T, Kametaka A, Yoneda Y. A novel nucleolar protein, NIFK, interacts with the forkhead associated domain of Ki-67 antigen in mitosis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25386-91 pubmed..These findings provide a new clue to our understanding of the cellular function of pKi-67. ..
- Endo A, Nagashima K, Kurose H, Mochizuki S, Matsuda M, Mochizuki N. Sphingosine 1-phosphate induces membrane ruffling and increases motility of human umbilical vein endothelial cells via vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and CrkII. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23747-54 pubmed
- Nada S, Shima T, Yanai H, Husi H, Grant S, Okada M, et al. Identification of PSD-93 as a substrate for the Src family tyrosine kinase Fyn. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47610-21 pubmed..These results suggest that PSD-93 serves as a membrane-anchored substrate of Fyn and plays a role in the regulation of Fyn-mediated modification of NMDA receptor function. ..
- Mabuchi S, Ohmichi M, Kimura A, Nishio Y, Arimoto Ishida E, Yada Hashimoto N, et al. Estrogen inhibits paclitaxel-induced apoptosis via the phosphorylation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 in human ovarian cancer cell lines. Endocrinology. 2004;145:49-58 pubmed..Thus, treatment of ovarian cancer with paclitaxel might be less effective in the setting of postoperative estrogen replacement therapy. ..
- Ueda T, Watanabe Fukunaga R, Fukuyama H, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. Mnk2 and Mnk1 are essential for constitutive and inducible phosphorylation of eukaryotic initiation factor 4E but not for cell growth or development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6539-49 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that eIF4E phosphorylation at Ser209 is not essential for cell growth during development. ..
- Yamaguchi O, Watanabe T, Nishida K, Kashiwase K, Higuchi Y, Takeda T, et al. Cardiac-specific disruption of the c-raf-1 gene induces cardiac dysfunction and apoptosis. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:937-43 pubmed..The ablation of ASK1 rescued heart dysfunction and dilatation as well as cardiac fibrosis. These results indicate that Raf-1 promotes cardiomyocyte survival through a MEK/ERK-independent mechanism. ..
- Auesukaree C, Tochio H, Shirakawa M, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Plc1p, Arg82p, and Kcs1p, enzymes involved in inositol pyrophosphate synthesis, are essential for phosphate regulation and polyphosphate accumulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25127-33 pubmed
- Kajita M, Ikeda W, Tamaru Y, Takai Y. Regulation of platelet-derived growth factor-induced Ras signaling by poliovirus receptor Necl-5 and negative growth regulator Sprouty2. Genes Cells. 2007;12:345-57 pubmed..Thus, Necl-5 and Sprouty2 cooperatively regulate PDGF-induced Ras signaling. The roles of Necl-5 and Sprouty2 in contact inhibition for cell proliferation are also discussed. ..
- Yasui N, Nogi T, Kitao T, Nakano Y, Hattori M, Takagi J. Structure of a receptor-binding fragment of reelin and mutational analysis reveal a recognition mechanism similar to endocytic receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9988-93 pubmed
- Oneyama C, Hikita T, Nada S, Okada M. Functional dissection of transformation by c-Src and v-Src. Genes Cells. 2008;13:1-12 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that c-Src has the potential to induce cell transformation, but it requires coordination with an additional pathway(s) to promote tumor progression in vivo. ..
- Hiramatsu K, Iwai T, Yoshikawa H, Tsumaki N. Expression of dominant negative TGF-? receptors inhibits cartilage formation in conditional transgenic mice. J Bone Miner Metab. 2011;29:493-500 pubmed publisher..These phenotypic differences suggest that the signaling through TGF-? receptors is complex in cartilage. ..
- Sohma I, Fujiwara Y, Sugita Y, Yoshioka A, Shirakawa M, Moon J, et al. Parthenolide, an NF-?B inhibitor, suppresses tumor growth and enhances response to chemotherapy in gastric cancer. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2011;8:39-47 pubmed..The NF-?B inhibitor, parthenolide, may enhance chemosensitivity to paclitaxel in the treatment of patients with gastric cancer. ..
- Iwabayashi M, Taniyama Y, Sanada F, Azuma J, Iekushi K, Kusunoki H, et al. Role of serotonin in angiogenesis: induction of angiogenesis by sarpogrelate via endothelial 5-HT1B/Akt/eNOS pathway in diabetic mice. Atherosclerosis. 2012;220:337-42 pubmed publisher..Enhancement of vasodilation and angiogenesis by sarpogrelate might provide a unique treatment for PAD and DM patients. ..
- Xie P, Kamei M, Suzuki M, Matsumura N, Nishida K, Sakimoto S, et al. Suppression and regression of choroidal neovascularization in mice by a novel CCR2 antagonist, INCB3344. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28933 pubmed publisher..Controlling inflammation by suppressing macrophage infiltration and angiogenic ability via the CCR-2/MCP-1 signal may be a useful therapeutic strategy for treating CNV associated with age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Laviña W, Hermansyah -, Sugiyama M, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Functionally redundant protein phosphatase genes PTP2 and MSG5 co-regulate the calcium signaling pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae upon exposure to high extracellular calcium concentration. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;115:138-46 pubmed publisher..Also, we show that PTP2 and MSG5 are key regulatory PPases that prevent over-activation of the calcium-induced signaling cascade under the parallel control of the SLT2 and calcineurin pathways. ..
- Ando K, Fukuhara S, Moriya T, Obara Y, Nakahata N, Mochizuki N. Rap1 potentiates endothelial cell junctions by spatially controlling myosin II activity and actin organization. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:901-16 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that Rap1 potentiates EC junctions by spatially controlling NM-II activity through activation of the Cdc42-MRCK pathway and suppression of the Rho-ROCK pathway. ..
- Ogawa H, Murayama A, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. Regulation of myeloid zinc finger protein 2A transactivation activity through phosphorylation by mitogen-activated protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2921-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that MZF-2A is a novel target for the ERK and p38 MAP kinase signaling pathways, and its transactivation activity is negatively regulated by MAP kinase-mediated phosphorylation of the TAD. ..
- Yamamoto S, Tomita Y, Hoshida Y, Morooka T, Nagano H, Dono K, et al. Prognostic significance of activated Akt expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:2846-50 pubmed..p-Akt expression is a significant prognostic indicator for PDAC. Inhibition of Akt is a possible molecular approach for treatment of PDAC. ..
- Yagita Y, Kitagawa K, Sasaki T, Terasaki Y, Todo K, Omura Matsuoka E, et al. Rho-kinase activation in endothelial cells contributes to expansion of infarction after focal cerebral ischemia. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2460-9 pubmed..The vascular protective effect of Rho-kinase inhibitors may be useful in the treatment of the acute phase of ischemic stroke. ..
- Suzuki Y, Sakai K, Ueki J, Xu Q, Nakamura T, Shimada H, et al. Inhibition of Met/HGF receptor and angiogenesis by NK4 leads to suppression of tumor growth and migration in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:1948-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, the simultaneous inhibition of the HGF-Met pathway and angiogenesis by NK4 for treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma is significant, particularly to attenuate migration and invasive growth. ..
- Matsubae M, Kurihara T, Tachibana T, Imamoto N, Yoneda Y. Characterization of the nuclear transport of a novel leucine-rich acidic nuclear protein-like protein. FEBS Lett. 2000;468:171-5 pubmed..mLANP-L NLS bound preferentially to Rch1 and NPI-1, but not to the Qip1 subfamily of importin alpha. These findings suggest that mLANP-L is transported into the nucleus by Rch1 and/or NPI-1. ..
- Hayashi H, Nakagami H, Takami Y, Koriyama H, Mori M, Tamai K, et al. FHL-2 suppresses VEGF-induced phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activation via interaction with sphingosine kinase-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:909-14 pubmed publisher..FHL-2 may regulate phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt via direct suppression of the SK1-S1P pathway in ECs. ..
- Arimoto Ishida E, Ohmichi M, Mabuchi S, Takahashi T, Ohshima C, Hayakawa J, et al. Inhibition of phosphorylation of a forkhead transcription factor sensitizes human ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2014-22 pubmed..Our findings suggest that cisplatin causes the phosphorylation of FKHRL1 via a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt cascade, and inhibition of this cascade sensitizes ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin. ..
- Hazenbos W, Clausen B, Takeda J, Kinoshita T. GPI-anchor deficiency in myeloid cells causes impaired FcgammaR effector functions. Blood. 2004;104:2825-31 pubmed..This study provides the first genetic evidence for an essential role of GPI-anchored proteins in physiologic FcgammaR effector functions in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Li Z, Mizuno S, Nakamura T. Antinecrotic and antiapoptotic effects of hepatocyte growth factor on cholestatic hepatitis in a mouse model of bile-obstructive diseases. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G639-46 pubmed
- Hata K, Kaibuchi K, Inagaki S, Yamashita T. Unc5B associates with LARG to mediate the action of repulsive guidance molecule. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:737-50 pubmed publisher..Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) is involved in RGMa-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of LARG as well as RhoA activation. These findings uncover the molecular basis for diverse functions mediated by RGMa. ..
- Ahn H, Tomura M, Yu W, Iwasaki M, Park W, Hamaoka T, et al. Requirement for distinct Janus kinases and STAT proteins in T cell proliferation versus IFN-gamma production following IL-12 stimulation. J Immunol. 1998;161:5893-900 pubmed
- Takano A, Shimizu K, Kani S, Buijs R, Okada M, Nagai K. Cloning and characterization of rat casein kinase 1epsilon. FEBS Lett. 2000;477:106-12 pubmed
- Miura K, Wakayama Y, Tanino M, Orba Y, Sawa H, Hatakeyama M, et al. Involvement of EphA2-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of Shp2 in Shp2-regulated activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase. Oncogene. 2013;32:5292-301 pubmed publisher..Collectively, tyrosine phosphorylation of Shp2 by EphA2 contributes to the phosphatase-independent Shp2-mediated activation of Erk and might be involved in Shp2-associated diseases. ..
- Tanimura N, Nagafuku M, Minaki Y, Umeda Y, Hayashi F, Sakakura J, et al. Dynamic changes in the mobility of LAT in aggregated lipid rafts upon T cell activation. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:125-35 pubmed..Thus, although LAT normally moves rapidly at the plasma membrane, it loses its mobility and becomes stably associated with aggregated rafts to ensure organized and sustained signal transduction required for T cell activation. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Kusaka E, Enokido Y, Ikeuchi T, Hatanaka H. Regulation of Bax translocation through phosphorylation at Ser-70 of Bcl-2 by MAP kinase in NO-induced neuronal apoptosis. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:451-9 pubmed..Our results suggested that Bcl-2 phosphorylated at Ser-70 plays a critial role in the translocation of Bax from the cytosol to the mitochondria, and this may regulate NO-induced neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Tachibanaki S, Shimauchi Matsukawa Y, Arinobu D, Kawamura S. Molecular mechanisms characterizing cone photoresponses. Photochem Photobiol. 2007;83:19-26 pubmed..Based on these findings, the molecular mechanisms of the differences in the photoresponse characteristics between rods and cones are outlined. ..
- Egusa H, Doi M, Saeki M, Fukuyasu S, Akashi Y, Yokota Y, et al. The small molecule harmine regulates NFATc1 and Id2 expression in osteoclast progenitor cells. Bone. 2011;49:264-74 pubmed publisher..The small molecule harmine is therefore expected to provide an experimental tool for investigating signaling cascades in osteoclastogenesis, especially those centered on DYRK1A-mediated NFATc1 and Id2 regulation. ..
- Okamoto T, Yamamoto S, Watanabe Y, Ohta T, Hanaoka F, Roeder R, et al. Analysis of the role of TFIIE in transcriptional regulation through structure-function studies of the TFIIEbeta subunit. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19866-76 pubmed..Both responsible regions also mapped within the essential 227-amino acid region. Our results suggest that TFIIE engages in communication with both transcription factors and promoter DNA via the TFIIEbeta subunit. ..
- Gu J, Fujibayashi A, Yamada K, Sekiguchi K. Laminin-10/11 and fibronectin differentially prevent apoptosis induced by serum removal via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt- and MEK1/ERK-dependent pathways. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19922-8 pubmed
- Yamagishi S, Yamada M, Koshimizu H, Takai S, Hatanaka H, Takeda K, et al. Apoptosis-signal regulating kinase-1 is involved in the low potassium-induced activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and c-Jun in cultured cerebellar granule neurons. J Biochem. 2003;133:719-24 pubmed..The addition of LY294002, a specific inhibitor of PI3-K, enhanced the ASK1 activity. These results indicate that ASK1 works downstream of PI3-K to regulate the p38-c-Jun pathway and apoptosis in cultured cerebellar granule neurons. ..
- Takano A, HOE H, Isojima Y, Nagai K. Analysis of the expression, localization and activity of rat casein kinase 1epsilon-3. Neuroreport. 2004;15:1461-4 pubmed..Moreover, the kinase activity of the rCK1epsilon-3 protein differed from that of rCK1epsilon-1. These data suggest that rCK1epsilon-1 and rCK1epsilon-3 may play different functional roles. ..
- Katoh K, Kano Y, Amano M, Onishi H, Kaibuchi K, Fujiwara K. Rho-kinase--mediated contraction of isolated stress fibers. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:569-84 pubmed..We propose that Ca(2+) is used to generate rapid contraction, whereas Rho-kinase plays a major role in maintaining sustained contraction in cells. ..
- Sumi T, Matsumoto K, Nakamura T. [LIM-kinases in actin cytoskeletal regulation and their physiological role]. Seikagaku. 2002;74:402-7 pubmed
- Fukuyama T, Ogita H, Kawakatsu T, Inagaki M, Takai Y. Activation of Rac by cadherin through the c-Src-Rap1-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Vav2 pathway. Oncogene. 2006;25:8-19 pubmed..This effect of Rap1 on Vav2 was mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. We describe here the signaling pathway from trans-interacting cadherin to the activation of Rac. ..
- Baba T, Sakisaka T, Mochida S, Takai Y. PKA-catalyzed phosphorylation of tomosyn and its implication in Ca2+-dependent exocytosis of neurotransmitter. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:1113-25 pubmed..We describe the roles and modes of action of PKA and tomosyn in Ca2+-dependent neurotransmitter release. ..
- Ogata Y, Osaki T, Naka T, Iwahori K, Furukawa M, Nagatomo I, et al. Overexpression of PIAS3 suppresses cell growth and restores the drug sensitivity of human lung cancer cells in association with PI3-K/Akt inactivation. Neoplasia. 2006;8:817-25 pubmed..These results indicate that PIAS3 may be an attractive candidate for targeting the JAK/STAT and PI3-K/Akt signaling pathways in cancer treatment. ..
- Kimura R, Kamino K, Yamamoto M, Nuripa A, Kida T, Kazui H, et al. The DYRK1A gene, encoded in chromosome 21 Down syndrome critical region, bridges between beta-amyloid production and tau phosphorylation in Alzheimer disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:15-23 pubmed..Our result indicates that DYRK1A could be a key molecule bridging between beta-amyloid production and tau phosphorylation in AD. ..
- Takata H, Matsunaga S, Morimoto A, Ma N, Kurihara D, Ono Maniwa R, et al. PHB2 protects sister-chromatid cohesion in mitosis. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1356-61 pubmed
- Fujimoto Y, Shiraki T, Horiuchi Y, Waku T, Shigenaga A, Otaka A, et al. Proline cis/trans-isomerase Pin1 regulates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activity through the direct binding to the activation function-1 domain. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3126-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that Pin1 regulates macrophage function through the direct binding to the phosphorylated AF-1 domain of PPARgamma. ..
- Yoshimura Y, Terabayashi T, Miki H. Par1b/MARK2 phosphorylates kinesin-like motor protein GAKIN/KIF13B to regulate axon formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2206-19 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that GAKIN/KIF13B is a key intermediate linking Par1b to the regulation of axon formation. ..
- Kato T, Mizuno S, Nakamura T. Preservations of nephrin and synaptopodin by recombinant hepatocyte growth factor in podocytes for the attenuations of foot process injury and albuminuria in nephritic mice. Nephrology (Carlton). 2011;16:310-8 pubmed publisher..HGF protects podocytes from a loss of nephrin, at least in part, through maintaining synaptopodin. As a result, HGF was shown to sustain foot process structure, and albuminuria was attenuated under inflammation. ..
- Sasaguri T, Ishida A, Kosaka C, Nojima H, Ogata J. Phorbol ester inhibits the phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein without suppressing cyclin D-associated kinase in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:8345-51 pubmed
- Gu J, Sumida Y, Sanzen N, Sekiguchi K. Laminin-10/11 and fibronectin differentially regulate integrin-dependent Rho and Rac activation via p130(Cas)-CrkII-DOCK180 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27090-7 pubmed..This is the first report demonstrating a distinct activation of Rho family GTPases resulting from adhesion to different extracellular ligands. ..
- Katoh Y, Takemori H, Horike N, Doi J, Muraoka M, Min L, et al. Salt-inducible kinase (SIK) isoforms: their involvement in steroidogenesis and adipogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;217:109-12 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the SIK isoforms regulate hormonal signal transduction in both adrenal and adipose tissues. ..
- Hayashi K, Shibata K, Morita T, Iwasaki K, Watanabe M, Sobue K. Insulin receptor substrate-1/SHP-2 interaction, a phenotype-dependent switching machinery of insulin-like growth factor-I signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40807-18 pubmed
- Nakamura T, Jeromin A, Smith G, Kurushima H, Koga H, Nakabeppu Y, et al. Novel role of neuronal Ca2+ sensor-1 as a survival factor up-regulated in injured neurons. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:1081-91 pubmed..We propose that NCS-1 is a novel survival-promoting factor up-regulated in injured neurons that mediates the GDNF survival signal via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt pathway. ..
- Koyama T, Nakaoka Y, Fujio Y, Hirota H, Nishida K, Sugiyama S, et al. Interaction of scaffolding adaptor protein Gab1 with tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 negatively regulates IGF-I-dependent myogenic differentiation via the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24234-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that the Gab1-SHP2-ERK1/2 signaling pathway comprises an inhibitory axis for IGF-I-dependent myogenic differentiation. ..