Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neurons in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
- Kang Y, Dempo Y, Ohashi A, Saito M, Toyoda H, Sato H, et al. Nitric oxide activates leak K+ currents in the presumed cholinergic neuron of basal forebrain. J Neurophysiol. 2007;98:3397-410 pubmed
- Kuwajima T, Nishimura I, Yoshikawa K. Necdin promotes GABAergic neuron differentiation in cooperation with Dlx homeodomain proteins. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5383-92 pubmed..These results suggest that paternally expressed necdin facilitates the differentiation and specification of GABAergic neurons in cooperation with Dlx homeodomain proteins. ..
- Temporin K, Tanaka H, Kuroda Y, Okada K, Yachi K, Moritomo H, et al. Interleukin-1 beta promotes sensory nerve regeneration after sciatic nerve injury. Neurosci Lett. 2008;440:130-3 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that IL-1beta may contribute to sensory nerve regeneration following sciatic nerve injury by promoting axonal extension. ..
- Popiel H, Nagai Y, Fujikake N, Toda T. Delivery of the aggregate inhibitor peptide QBP1 into the mouse brain using PTDs and its therapeutic effect on polyglutamine disease mice. Neurosci Lett. 2009;449:87-92 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates the potential of PTD-mediated delivery of QBP1 as a therapeutic strategy for the currently untreatable polyQ diseases. ..
- Nakanishi S. Genetic manipulation study of information processing in the cerebellum. Neuroscience. 2009;162:723-31 pubmed publisher..The neural information is thus hierarchically regulated and integrated at different levels of the cerebellar network. ..
- Kishigami H, Nagano S, Bush A, Sakoda S. Monomerized Cu, Zn-superoxide dismutase induces oxidative stress through aberrant Cu binding. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:945-52 pubmed publisher..SOD1(HAC) may be pathogenic in FALS by being a monomeric species that gains a redox activity by aberrantly coordinating Cu(2+). ..
- Takuma K, Tanaka T, Takahashi T, Hiramatsu N, Ota Y, Ago Y, et al. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase inhibition attenuates the development of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in hemi-Parkinsonian rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;683:166-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, aminoguanidine did not affect ?FosB or phospho-GluA1 AMPA receptor subunit levels. These findings suggest that nNOS-derived NO is involved in the development of l-DOPA-induced dyskinesia through a post-synaptic mechanism...
- Myung J, Hong S, Hatanaka F, Nakajima Y, De Schutter E, Takumi T. Period coding of Bmal1 oscillators in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8900-18 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have found that the region-specific periods are modulated by the light conditions that an animal is exposed to. Based on these, we suggest that the period forms the basis of seasonal coding in the SCN. ..
- Tsutsui H, Jinno Y, Tomita A, Niino Y, Yamada Y, Mikoshiba K, et al. Improved detection of electrical activity with a voltage probe based on a voltage-sensing phosphatase. J Physiol. 2013;591:4427-37 pubmed publisher..Mermaid2 was also able to detect single action potentials and subthreshold voltage responses in hippocampal neurons in vitro, in addition to cortical electrical activity evoked by sound stimuli in single trials in living mice. ..
- Jiang Y, Loh Y, Rajarajan P, Hirayama T, Liao W, Kassim B, et al. The methyltransferase SETDB1 regulates a large neuron-specific topological chromatin domain. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1239-1250 pubmed publisher..We show that the SETDB1 repressor complex, which involves multiple KRAB zinc finger proteins, shields neuronal genomes from excess CTCF binding and is critically required for structural maintenance of TADcPcdh. ..
- Yonehara N. Influence of serotonin receptor antagonists on substance P and serotonin release evoked by tooth pulp stimulation with electro-acupuncture in the trigeminal nucleus cudalis of the rabbit. Neurosci Res. 2001;40:45-51 pubmed..On the other hand, ketanserin does not affect TPS-induced 5-HT release and SP release in the presence of EAP. ..
- Miyake S, Yamashita T, Taniguchi M, Tamatani M, Sato K, Kawai Y, et al. Expression of mitochondrial tricarboxylate carrier TCC mRNA and protein in the rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;100:67-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that this tricarboxylate carrier protein may contribute to biosynthesis and bioenergetics in neuronal cells in brain. ..
- Inanobe A, Fujita A, Ito M, Tomoike H, Inageda K, Kurachi Y. Inward rectifier K+ channel Kir2.3 is localized at the postsynaptic membrane of excitatory synapses. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;282:C1396-403 pubmed..Therefore, the Kir channel may be involved in formation of the resting membrane potential of the spines and, thus, would affect the response of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor channels at the excitatory postsynaptic membrane. ..
- Taniura H, Yoshikawa K. Necdin interacts with the ribonucleoprotein hnRNP U in the nuclear matrix. J Cell Biochem. 2002;84:545-55 pubmed..These results suggest that necdin suppresses cell proliferation through its interaction with hnRNP U in the specific subnuclear structure. ..
- Nakada Y, Taniura H, Uetsuki T, Inazawa J, Yoshikawa K. The human chromosomal gene for necdin, a neuronal growth suppressor, in the Prader-Willi syndrome deletion region. Gene. 1998;213:65-72 pubmed..Methylation in vitro of HhaI CpG sites in the promoter region reduced the transcriptional activity. These results suggest that the necdin gene is silenced through methylation of the CpG island encompassing its promoter region. ..
- Yasuhara N, Shibazaki N, Tanaka S, Nagai M, Kamikawa Y, Oe S, et al. Triggering neural differentiation of ES cells by subtype switching of importin-alpha. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:72-9 pubmed..This is the first study to propose that transport factors should be considered as major players in cell-fate determination. ..
- Matsuki T, Kiyama A, Kawabuchi M, Okada M, Nagai K. A novel protein interacts with a clock-related protein, rPer1. Brain Res. 2001;916:1-10 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggest a possibility that PIPS is involved in the feedback loop or output mechanism of circadian rhythm through interacting with Per1 in the SCN. ..
- Ohno Shosaku T, Hashimotodani Y, Ano M, Takeda S, Tsubokawa H, Kano M. Endocannabinoid signalling triggered by NMDA receptor-mediated calcium entry into rat hippocampal neurons. J Physiol. 2007;584:407-18 pubmed..These data clearly indicate that the activation of NMDA receptors facilitates the endocannabinoid release either alone or in concert with the G(q)-coupled receptors. ..
- Morita T, Sobue K. Specification of neuronal polarity regulated by local translation of CRMP2 and Tau via the mTOR-p70S6K pathway. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27734-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that the local translation of CRMP2 and Tau, regulated by mTOR-p70S6K, is critical for the specification of neuronal polarity. ..
- Sugiyo S, Uehashi D, Satoh F, Abe T, Yonehara N, Kobayashi M, et al. Effects of systemic bicuculline or morphine on formalin-evoked pain-related behaviour and c-Fos expression in trigeminal nuclei after formalin injection into the lip or tongue in rats. Exp Brain Res. 2009;196:229-37 pubmed publisher..5 +/- 8.1; VcIII/IV, 31.7 +/- 5.3). These results show that the lip is more sensitive to formalin-induced noxious stimulation and regulated more through GABA(A) and micro-opioid receptors than the tongue...
- Yasoshima Y, Sako N, Senba E, Yamamoto T. Acute suppression, but not chronic genetic deficiency, of c-fos gene expression impairs long-term memory in aversive taste learning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7106-11 pubmed
- Watari A, Yutsudo M. Multi-functional gene ASY/Nogo/RTN-X/RTN4: apoptosis, tumor suppression, and inhibition of neuronal regeneration. Apoptosis. 2003;8:5-9 pubmed..Therefore, the products of this gene may be multi-functional, regulating apoptosis, tumor development, and neuronal regeneration. ..
- Terabayashi T, Itoh T, Yamaguchi H, Yoshimura Y, Funato Y, Ohno S, et al. Polarity-regulating kinase partitioning-defective 1/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase 2 negatively regulates development of dendrites on hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2007;27:13098-107 pubmed..In addition, Par1b/MARK2 efficiently phosphorylated MAP2, which is localized mainly in dendrites. These results indicate that Par1b/MARK2 negatively regulates dendrite development through phosphorylation of MAP2. ..
- Yamauchi K, Mizushima S, Tamada A, Yamamoto N, Takashima S, Murakami F. FGF8 signaling regulates growth of midbrain dopaminergic axons by inducing semaphorin 3F. J Neurosci. 2009;29:4044-55 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the MHB signaling center regulates the growth polarity of mDAN axons along the RC axis by inducing sema3F. ..
- Nakamura Y, Sakakibara S, Miyata T, Ogawa M, Shimazaki T, Weiss S, et al. The bHLH gene hes1 as a repressor of the neuronal commitment of CNS stem cells. J Neurosci. 2000;20:283-93 pubmed
- Suna H, Arai M, Tsubotani Y, Hayashi A, Setiawan A, Kobayashi M. Dysideamine, a new sesquiterpene aminoquinone, protects hippocampal neuronal cells against iodoacetic acid-induced cell death. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009;17:3968-72 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 1 induced neurite outgrowth against mouse neuroblastoma Neuro 2A cells with increase of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity, which is a marker of neuronal differentiation...
- Miyata S, Mori Y, Tohyama M. PRMT3 is essential for dendritic spine maturation in rat hippocampal neurons. Brain Res. 2010;1352:11-20 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that PRMT3 possibly plays a pivotal role in neuronal translation by interaction with rpS2 and that it contributes to activity-dependent changes in the dendritic spines. ..
- Sanuki R, Onishi A, Koike C, Muramatsu R, Watanabe S, Muranishi Y, et al. miR-124a is required for hippocampal axogenesis and retinal cone survival through Lhx2 suppression. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1125-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-124a is essential for the maturation and survival of dentate gyrus neurons and retinal cones, as it represses Lhx2 translation. ..
- Maruoka H, Sasaya H, Sugihara K, Shimoke K, Ikeuchi T. Low-molecular-weight compounds having neurotrophic activity in cultured PC12 cells and neurons. J Biochem. 2011;150:473-5 pubmed publisher..Acetylation of Nrf2, p53 and Nur77 by CBP/p300 may constitute a novel similar regulatory mechanism for low-molecular-weight compounds with neurotrophic activities. ..
- Hasegawa K, Kawahara T, Fujiwara K, Shimpuku M, Sasaki T, Kitamura T, et al. Necdin controls Foxo1 acetylation in hypothalamic arcuate neurons to modulate the thyroid axis. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5562-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that necdin regulates Foxo1 acetylation and neuropeptide gene expression in the arcuate neurons to modulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis during development. ..
- Hirose T, Tamaru T, Okumura N, Nagai K, Okada M. PCTAIRE 2, a Cdc2-related serine/threonine kinase, is predominantly expressed in terminally differentiated neurons. Eur J Biochem. 1997;249:481-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that PCTAIRE 2 is a Ser/Thr kinase that might play a unique role in terminally differentiated neurons. ..
- Wada K, Nakajima A, Katayama K, Kudo C, Shibuya A, Kubota N, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-mediated regulation of neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:12673-81 pubmed..The inhibition of differentiation was associated with an activation of STAT3. These data indicate that PPARgamma regulates the development of the central nervous system during early embryogenesis via control of NSC proliferation. ..
- Numakawa T, Yokomaku D, Kiyosue K, Adachi N, Matsumoto T, Numakawa Y, et al. Basic fibroblast growth factor evokes a rapid glutamate release through activation of the MAPK pathway in cultured cortical neurons. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28861-9 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that bFGF exerts promoting effects on excitatory neuronal transmission via activation of the MAPK pathway. ..
- Suzuki S, Mizutani M, Suzuki K, Yamada M, Kojima M, Hatanaka H, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor promotes interaction of the Nck2 adaptor protein with the TrkB tyrosine kinase receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:1087-92 pubmed..These results suggest that BDNF stimulation promotes interaction of Ncks with TrkB in cortical neurons. ..
- Morishita H, Kawaguchi M, Murata Y, Seiwa C, Hamada S, Asou H, et al. Myelination triggers local loss of axonal CNR/protocadherin alpha family protein expression. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2843-7 pubmed..Thus, myelination may be a trigger for the local loss of axonal CNR/Pcdh alpha protein, and this process may be important in the maturation of neural circuits. ..
- Yamada T, Sakisaka T, Hisata S, Baba T, Takai Y. RA-RhoGAP, Rap-activated Rho GTPase-activating protein implicated in neurite outgrowth through Rho. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33026-34 pubmed..Knockdown of RA-RhoGAP reduced the Rap1-induced neurite outgrowth. These results indicate that RA-RhoGAP transduces a signal from Rap1 to Rho and regulates the neurite outgrowth. ..
- Inamori K, Endo T, Ide Y, Fujii S, Gu J, Honke K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of human GnT-IX, a novel beta1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase that is specifically expressed in the brain. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43102-9 pubmed..These results suggest that GnT-IX is responsible for the synthesis of a unique oligosaccharide structure in the brain. ..
- Sasaki T, Takemori H, Yagita Y, Terasaki Y, Uebi T, Horike N, et al. SIK2 is a key regulator for neuronal survival after ischemia via TORC1-CREB. Neuron. 2011;69:106-19 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that SIK2 plays critical roles in neuronal survival, is modulated by CaMK I/IV, and regulates CREB via TORC1. ..
- Itokazu T, Fujita Y, Takahashi R, Yamashita T. Identification of the neogenin-binding site on the repulsive guidance molecule A. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32791 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that this peptide is a promising lead in finding reagents capable of inhibiting RGMa signaling. ..
- Fujita M, Nagai Y, Sawada T, Heese K. Identification of rTid-1, the rat homologue of the drosophila tumor suppressor l(2)tid gene. Mol Cell Biochem. 2004;258:183-9 pubmed..This finding points to a pivotal role of Tid-1 in the control of cellular survival. ..
- Kakunaga S, Ikeda W, Itoh S, Deguchi Tawarada M, Ohtsuka T, Mizoguchi A, et al. Nectin-like molecule-1/TSLL1/SynCAM3: a neural tissue-specific immunoglobulin-like cell-cell adhesion molecule localizing at non-junctional contact sites of presynaptic nerve terminals, axons and glia cell processes. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1267-77 pubmed
- Yasuda T, Nakata Y, Mochizuki H. ?-Synuclein and neuronal cell death. Mol Neurobiol. 2013;47:466-83 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will focus on ?Syn-triggered neuronal cell death and provide possible disease-modifying therapies targeting abnormally accumulating ?Syn. ..
- Oishi Y, Huang Z, Fredholm B, Urade Y, Hayaishi O. Adenosine in the tuberomammillary nucleus inhibits the histaminergic system via A1 receptors and promotes non-rapid eye movement sleep. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:19992-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that endogenous adenosine in the TMN suppresses the histaminergic system via A(1)R to promote NREM sleep. ..
- Nishimura I, Sakoda J, Yoshikawa K. Drosophila MAGE controls neural precursor proliferation in postembryonic neurogenesis. Neuroscience. 2008;154:572-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that evolutionally conserved necdin-like MAGE is involved in both neural stem cell proliferation and neuronal survival during nervous system development. ..
- Kudo T, Kanemoto S, Hara H, Morimoto N, Morihara T, Kimura R, et al. A molecular chaperone inducer protects neurons from ER stress. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:364-75 pubmed..Considering these results together, it appears that BIX induces BiP to prevent neuronal death by ER stress, suggesting that it may be a potential therapeutic agent for cerebral diseases caused by ER stress. ..
- Nakamura T, Jeromin A, Smith G, Kurushima H, Koga H, Nakabeppu Y, et al. Novel role of neuronal Ca2+ sensor-1 as a survival factor up-regulated in injured neurons. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:1081-91 pubmed..We propose that NCS-1 is a novel survival-promoting factor up-regulated in injured neurons that mediates the GDNF survival signal via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt pathway. ..
- Nishimura I, Shimizu S, Sakoda J, Yoshikawa K. Expression of Drosophila MAGE gene encoding a necdin homologous protein in postembryonic neurogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:244-51 pubmed..MAGE was also expressed in postmitotic neurons including mushroom body neurons and retinal photoreceptors in adulthood. These results indicate that MAGE expression lasts throughout the postembryonic neurogenesis in Drosophila. ..
- Koike M, Shibata M, Waguri S, Yoshimura K, Tanida I, Kominami E, et al. Participation of autophagy in storage of lysosomes in neurons from mouse models of neuronal ceroid-lipofuscinoses (Batten disease). Am J Pathol. 2005;167:1713-28 pubmed..These data strongly argue for a major involvement of autophagy in the pathogenesis of Batten disease/lysosomal storage disorders. ..
- Miyoshi K, Katayama T, Imaizumi K, Taniguchi M, Mori Y, Hitomi J, et al. Characterization of mouse Ire1 alpha: cloning, mRNA localization in the brain and functional analysis in a neural cell line. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;85:68-76 pubmed
- Okuda H, Miyata S, Mori Y, Tohyama M. Mouse Prickle1 and Prickle2 are expressed in postmitotic neurons and promote neurite outgrowth. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4754-60 pubmed..These results indicate that mouse Prickle1 and Prickle2 possibly regulate positive neurite formation during brain development. ..
- Yasui N, Nogi T, Kitao T, Nakano Y, Hattori M, Takagi J. Structure of a receptor-binding fragment of reelin and mutational analysis reveal a recognition mechanism similar to endocytic receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9988-93 pubmed
- Song W, Baba Y, Otsuka T, Murakami F. Characterization of Ca(2+) channels in rat subthalamic nucleus neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2000;84:2630-7 pubmed..Our results also suggest the possibility that the low-voltage-activated channels have a preferential distribution to the dendritic processes...
- Hirata T, Kasugai T, Morii E, Hirota S, Nomura S, Fujisawa H, et al. Characterization of c-kit-positive neurons in the dorsal root ganglion of mouse. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1995;85:201-11 pubmed..c-kit-positive DRG neurons from neonatal mice survived without addition of any factor in culture, suggesting that the requirement for trophic support in c-kit-positive neurons changes during development. ..
- Wada K, Arita M, Nakajima A, Katayama K, Kudo C, Kamisaki Y, et al. Leukotriene B4 and lipoxin A4 are regulatory signals for neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. FASEB J. 2006;20:1785-92 pubmed..These results indicate for the first time that LTB(4) and LXA(4) directly regulate proliferation and differentiation of NSCs, suggesting these new pathways may be useful in restoring stem cells. ..
- Higuchi H, Yamashita T, Yoshikawa H, Tohyama M. PKA phosphorylates the p75 receptor and regulates its localization to lipid rafts. EMBO J. 2003;22:1790-800 pubmed..Proper recruitment of activated p75(NTR) to lipid rafts, structures that represent specialized signaling organelles, is of fundamental importance in determining p75(NTR) bioactivity. ..
- Terada K, Furukawa T. Sumoylation controls retinal progenitor proliferation by repressing cell cycle exit in Xenopus laevis. Dev Biol. 2010;347:180-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, progenitor proliferation is regulated, at least in part, by sumoylation of transcription factor Sp1. These results suggest a significant role of sumoylation for cell cycle regulation in retinal progenitors. ..
- Tanemoto M, Fujita A, Higashi K, Kurachi Y. PSD-95 mediates formation of a functional homomeric Kir5.1 channel in the brain. Neuron. 2002;34:387-97 pubmed..1/PSD-95 were suppressed promptly and reversibly by PKA activation. Because the Kir5.1/PSD-95 complex was detected in the brain, this functional brain K+ channel is potentially a novel physiological target of PKA-mediated signaling. ..
- Kuwajima T, Taniura H, Nishimura I, Yoshikawa K. Necdin interacts with the Msx2 homeodomain protein via MAGE-D1 to promote myogenic differentiation of C2C12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40484-93 pubmed..These results suggest that necdin and MAGE-D1 cooperate to modulate the function of Dlx/Msx homeodomain proteins in cellular differentiation. ..
- Liu X, Hashimoto M, Horii H, Yamaguchi A, Naito K, Yamashita T. Repulsive guidance molecule b inhibits neurite growth and is increased after spinal cord injury. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:795-800 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RGMb is a myelin-derived inhibitor of axon growth in the CNS. Inhibition of RGMb may provide an alternative approach for the treatment of spinal injuries. ..
- Yoda A, Sawa H, Okano H. MSI-1, a neural RNA-binding protein, is involved in male mating behaviour in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Cells. 2000;5:885-895 pubmed..Our results suggest that msi-1 is expressed specifically in postmitotic neurones in C. elegans. msi-1 is required for full development of male mating behaviour, possibly through regulation of msi-1 expressing neurones. ..
- Fujii R, Okabe S, Urushido T, Inoue K, Yoshimura A, Tachibana T, et al. The RNA binding protein TLS is translocated to dendritic spines by mGluR5 activation and regulates spine morphology. Curr Biol. 2005;15:587-93 pubmed..Our results indicate that TLS participates in mRNA sorting to the dendritic spines induced by mGluR5 activation and regulates spine morphology to stabilize the synaptic structure. ..
- Miyata S, Mori Y, Tohyama M. PRMT1 and Btg2 regulates neurite outgrowth of Neuro2a cells. Neurosci Lett. 2008;445:162-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that protein arginine methylation by PRMT1 in the nucleus is an important step in neuritogenesis. ..
- Irie Y, Yamagata K, Gan Y, Miyamoto K, Do E, Kuo C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of Amida, a novel protein which interacts with a neuron-specific immediate early gene product arc, contains novel nuclear localization signals, and causes cell death in cultured cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2647-53 pubmed..These results indicate that Arc together with Amida may modulate cell death in the brain. ..
- Sakakibara S, Okano H. Expression of neural RNA-binding proteins in the postnatal CNS: implications of their roles in neuronal and glial cell development. J Neurosci. 1997;17:8300-12 pubmed..These observations imply that these two RNA-binding proteins may be involved in the development of neurons and glia by regulating gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Koike M, Nakanishi H, Saftig P, Ezaki J, Isahara K, Ohsawa Y, et al. Cathepsin D deficiency induces lysosomal storage with ceroid lipofuscin in mouse CNS neurons. J Neurosci. 2000;20:6898-906 pubmed..These results suggest that the CNS neurons in CD-/- mice show a new form of lysosomal accumulation disease with a phenotype resembling neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis...
- Katahira J, Miki T, Takano K, Maruhashi M, Uchikawa M, Tachibana T, et al. Nuclear RNA export factor 7 is localized in processing bodies and neuronal RNA granules through interactions with shuttling hnRNPs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:616-28 pubmed..These findings suggest that NXF7 plays a role in sorting, transport and/or storage of mRNAs through interactions with hnRNP A3...
- Satoh K, Yanai H, Senda T, Kohu K, Nakamura T, Okumura N, et al. DAP-1, a novel protein that interacts with the guanylate kinase-like domains of hDLG and PSD-95. Genes Cells. 1997;2:415-24 pubmed..Our findings suggest that DAP-1 may play several roles in the molecular organization of synapses and neuronal cell signalling by interacting with hDLG and PSD-95, which in turn are associated with receptors, ion channels and APC. ..
- Yamada S, Isojima Y, Yamatodani A, Nagai K. Uncoupling protein 2 influences dopamine secretion in PC12h cells. J Neurochem. 2003;87:461-9 pubmed..Thus, UCP2 appears to be regulated by the excitatory stimulus via the cAMP-PKA cascade and serves to negatively control the synaptic output by reducing intracellular ATP levels. ..
- Ishii H, Kubo T, Kumanogoh A, Yamashita T. Th1 cells promote neurite outgrowth from cortical neurons via a mechanism dependent on semaphorins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:168-72 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Sema4A and IFN-? expressed in Th1 cells play a critical role in enhancing neurite outgrowth from cortical neurons. ..
- Koyama Y, Hiratsuka T, Matsuzaki S, Yamagishi S, Kato S, Katayama T, et al. Familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (FALS)-linked SOD1 mutation accelerates neuronal cell death by activating cleavage of caspase-4 under ER stress in an in vitro model of FALS. Neurochem Int. 2010;57:838-43 pubmed publisher..These findings show that ER stress in L84V SOD1-expressing human cells causes the aggregation and inclusion bodies of L84V SOD1 to induce neuronal death through the accelerated cleavage of caspase-4. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Kusaka E, Enokido Y, Ikeuchi T, Hatanaka H. Regulation of Bax translocation through phosphorylation at Ser-70 of Bcl-2 by MAP kinase in NO-induced neuronal apoptosis. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:451-9 pubmed..Our results suggested that Bcl-2 phosphorylated at Ser-70 plays a critial role in the translocation of Bax from the cytosol to the mitochondria, and this may regulate NO-induced neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Matsuo N, Kawamoto S, Matsubara K, Okubo K. A novel SCG10-related gene uniquely expressed in the nervous system. Gene. 1998;215:477-81 pubmed..The identification of HiAT3 suggests that there may be an elaborate destabilizing regulation for microtubule dynamics in neurons in addition to the stabilizing effect of multiple microtubule-associated proteins (MAPs). ..
- Fujita Y, Taniguchi J, Uchikawa M, Endo M, Hata K, Kubo T, et al. Neogenin regulates neuronal survival through DAP kinase. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:1593-608 pubmed publisher..Thus, RGM/neogenin regulates cell fate by controlling the DAPK activity. ..
- Kobayashi H, Yamamoto S, Maruo T, Murakami F. Identification of a cis-acting element required for dendritic targeting of activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein mRNA. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;22:2977-84 pubmed..The 350-nucleotide DTE does not share any obvious sequence similarity with other known DTEs previously reported. ..