Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Watada H, Kajimoto Y, Umayahara Y, Matsuoka T, Morishima T, Yamasaki Y, et al. Ubiquitous, but variable, expression of two alternatively spliced mRNAs encoding mouse homologues of transcription factors E47 and E12. Gene. 1995;153:255-9 pubmed..The variation in the A1/kA1 expression ratios, on the other hand, supports the idea that A1 (E47) and kA1 (E12) each have some unique roles in the functions of these E2A gene-encoded bHLH proteins. ..
- Nagano F, Orita S, Sasaki T, Naito A, Sakaguchi G, Maeda M, et al. Interaction of Doc2 with tctex-1, a light chain of cytoplasmic dynein. Implication in dynein-dependent vesicle transport. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30065-8 pubmed..Because dynein is a minus-end-directed microtubule-based motor protein, these results suggest that Doc2, especially Doc2beta, plays a role in dynein-dependent intracellular vesicle transport. ..
- Ueda H, Ikegami H, Kawaguchi Y, Fujisawa T, Yamato E, Shibata M, et al. Genetic analysis of late-onset type 2 diabetes in a mouse model of human complex trait. Diabetes. 1999;48:1168-74 pubmed..The mouse model we used will serve as a useful model for future studies on the etiology of late-onset polygenic type 2 diabetes in humans. ..
- Cann I, Ishino S, Yuasa M, Daiyasu H, Toh H, Ishino Y. Biochemical analysis of replication factor C from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2614-23 pubmed publisher..furiosus. We propose that PfuRFC is required for efficient loading of PfuPCNA and that the role of RFC in processive DNA synthesis is conserved in Archaea and Eucarya...
- Terada T, Sugihara Y, Nakamura K, Sato R, Sakuma S, Fujimoto Y, et al. Characterization of multiple Chinese hamster carbonyl reductases. Chem Biol Interact. 2001;130-132:847-61 pubmed..The results of Western blotting and RT-PCR suggest these CHCRs have a tissue-dependent-distribution in the Chinese hamster. ..
- Yagi R, Ishimaru S, Yano H, Gaul U, Hanafusa H, Sabe H. A novel muscle LIM-only protein is generated from the paxillin gene locus in Drosophila. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:814-20 pubmed..Our results collectively reveal that a unique system exists in Drosophila for the generation of a novel type of LIM-only protein, highly expressed in the embryonic musculature, largely utilizing the Paxillin LIM domains. ..
- Matsuki T, Kiyama A, Kawabuchi M, Okada M, Nagai K. A novel protein interacts with a clock-related protein, rPer1. Brain Res. 2001;916:1-10 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggest a possibility that PIPS is involved in the feedback loop or output mechanism of circadian rhythm through interacting with Per1 in the SCN. ..
- Iio A, Koide M, Hidaka K, Morisaki T. Expression pattern of novel chick T-box gene, Tbx20. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:559-62 pubmed..Its expression was initially detected in the posterior lateral mesoderm, after which it expanded to the anterior and was intensively co-expressed with a cardiogenic gene, Nkx2.5, in the anterior lateral mesoderm. ..
- An C, Takekawa S, Okazawa A, Fukusaki E, Kobayashi A. Degradation of a peptide in pitcher fluid of the carnivorous plant Nepenthes alata Blanco. Planta. 2002;215:472-7 pubmed..alata. ..
- Do E, Taira E, Irie Y, Gan Y, Tanaka H, Kuo C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of rKAB1, which interacts with KARP-1, localizes in the nucleus and protects cells against oxidative death. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;248:77-83 pubmed..EGFP-tagged rKAB1 protein localized in cell nucleus and in the condensed chromosome during the mitotic cell division. We found that rKAB1 works as a protective protein against cell damage by oxidative stress. ..
- Ono K, Mannami T, Iwai N. Association of a promoter variant of the haeme oxygenase-1 gene with hypertension in women. J Hypertens. 2003;21:1497-503 pubmed..As carbon monoxide, which is one of the products of HO-1, can attenuate nitric oxide-induced vasodilatation, a high expression of HO-1 may cause hypertension, especially in women. ..
- Inamori K, Endo T, Ide Y, Fujii S, Gu J, Honke K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of human GnT-IX, a novel beta1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase that is specifically expressed in the brain. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43102-9 pubmed..These results suggest that GnT-IX is responsible for the synthesis of a unique oligosaccharide structure in the brain. ..
- Ono K, Goto Y, Takagi S, Baba S, Tago N, Nonogi H, et al. A promoter variant of the heme oxygenase-1 gene may reduce the incidence of ischemic heart disease in Japanese. Atherosclerosis. 2004;173:315-9 pubmed..The AA genotype of HMOX1 reduced the incidence of ischemic heart disease, possibly due to the high expression level of HMOX1. ..
- Kitazawa H, Nishihara T, Nambu T, Nishizawa H, Iwaki M, Fukuhara A, et al. Intectin, a novel small intestine-specific glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein, accelerates apoptosis of intestinal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42867-74 pubmed..Intectin expression also reduced cell-cell adhesion of intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Kurisu G, Nishiyama D, Kusunoki M, Fujikawa S, Katoh M, Hanke G, et al. A structural basis of Equisetum arvense ferredoxin isoform II producing an alternative electron transfer with ferredoxin-NADP+ reductase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2275-81 pubmed..The structural differences between FdI and FdII therefore result in functional differences that may influence partitioning of electrons into different redox metabolic pathways...
- Akaboshi E. Dynamic profiles of DNA: analysis of CAP- and LexA protein-binding regions with endonucleases. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:161-72 pubmed..Thus, we confirmed that DNA structure is closely related to function. Complexes of endonuclease I and synthetic polynucleotides that had one cleavage site were confirmed to exist in the absence of magnesium ions by gel-shift assay. ..
- Kamide K, Yang J, Kokubo Y, Takiuchi S, Miwa Y, Horio T, et al. A novel missense mutation, F826Y, in the mineralocorticoid receptor gene in Japanese hypertensives: its implications for clinical phenotypes. Hypertens Res. 2005;28:703-9 pubmed
- Okada T, Ishiyama S, Sezutsu H, Usami A, Tamura T, Mita K, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of two novel beta-N-acetylglucosaminidases from silkworm Bombyx mori. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1626-35 pubmed publisher..Both enzymes showed broad substrate specificity, and cleaved terminal N-acetylglucosamine residues from the alpha-3 and alpha-6 branches of a biantennary N-glycan substrate, and also hydrolyzed chitotriose to chitobiose...
- Murai K, Murakami H, Nagata S. A novel form of the myeloid-specific zinc finger protein (MZF-2). Genes Cells. 1997;2:581-91 pubmed..The distinct N-terminal half of MZF-2 carries two characteristic domains, a leucine-rich domain called LeR and an acidic domain, which suggests a unique function of MZF-2 in neutrophil development. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Iseoka H, Kobayashi A, Maeda M. The carboxyl terminal sequence of rat transporter associated with antigen processing (TAP)-like (ABCB9) is heterogeneous due to splicing of its mRNA. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:100-4 pubmed..Both C-III and C-IV types had shorter carboxyl-terminal sequences, and the C-III had the shortest sequence. The functional heterogeneity of the carboxyl-terminal splicing variants of TAPL is discussed...
- Shimizu K, Kawabe H, Minami S, Honda T, Takaishi K, Shirataki H, et al. SMAP, an Smg GDS-associating protein having arm repeats and phosphorylated by Src tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27013-7 pubmed..These results suggest that SMAP serves as an adaptor for both Smg GDS and kinesin II or its related protein and links them with both the Smg GDS-regulated small G protein and Src tyrosine kinase signalings. ..
- Kamachi Y, Uchikawa M, Collignon J, Lovell Badge R, Kondoh H. Involvement of Sox1, 2 and 3 in the early and subsequent molecular events of lens induction. Development. 1998;125:2521-32 pubmed..Continued activity, especially of SOX1, is then essential for further development of the lens. ..
- Osada S, Matsubara T, Daimon S, Terazu Y, Xu M, Nishihara T, et al. Expression, DNA-binding specificity and transcriptional regulation of nuclear factor 1 family proteins from rat. Biochem J. 1999;342 ( Pt 1):189-98 pubmed..In addition, we identified the transcriptional regulatory domain of NF1-B, which is enriched with proline and serine residues. ..
- Murai H, Takeuchi S, Nakatsu Y, Ichikawa M, Yoshino M, Gondo Y, et al. Studies of in vivo mutations in rpsL transgene in UVB-irradiated epidermis of XPA-deficient mice. Mutat Res. 2000;450:181-92 pubmed..This rpsL/XPA mouse system will be useful for further analyzing the role of NER in the mutagenesis and carcinogenesis induced by various carcinogens. ..
- Nitta M, Saijo M, Kodo N, Matsuda T, Nakatsu Y, Tamai H, et al. A novel cytoplasmic GTPase XAB1 interacts with DNA repair protein XPA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4212-8 pubmed..These results suggest that XAB1 is a novel cytoplasmic GTPase involved in nuclear localization of XPA. ..
- Kishida K, Shimomura I, Kondo H, Kuriyama H, Makino Y, Nishizawa H, et al. Genomic structure and insulin-mediated repression of the aquaporin adipose (AQPap), adipose-specific glycerol channel. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36251-60 pubmed..Sustained up-regulation of AQPap mRNA in adipose tissue in the insulin-resistant condition may disturb glucose homeostasis by increasing plasma glycerol. ..
- Hishida T, Iwasaki H, Ohno T, Morishita T, Shinagawa H. A yeast gene, MGS1, encoding a DNA-dependent AAA(+) ATPase is required to maintain genome stability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:8283-9 pubmed..Therefore, evolutionarily conserved Mgs1 may play a role together with RecQ family helicases and DNA topoisomerases in maintaining proper DNA topology, which is essential for genome stability. ..
- Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Kimura T, Yomogida K, Kuroiwa A, Tadokoro Y, Fujita Y, et al. Two mouse piwi-related genes: miwi and mili. Mech Dev. 2001;108:121-33 pubmed..MIWI may be involved in RNA processing or translational regulation, since MIWI was found to possess RNA binding activity. Our data suggest that miwi and mili regulate spermatogenesis and primordial germ cell production. ..
- Liu L, Komori K, Ishino S, Bocquier A, Cann I, Kohda D, et al. The archaeal DNA primase: biochemical characterization of the p41-p46 complex from Pyrococcus furiosus. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45484-90 pubmed..furiosus, in a similar fashion to the eukaryotic polymerase alpha-primase complex. ..
- Su X, Pang T, Wakabayashi S, Shigekawa M. Evidence for involvement of the putative first extracellular loop in differential volume sensitivity of the Na+/H+ exchangers NHE1 and NHE2. Biochemistry. 2003;42:1086-94 pubmed..The data suggest that the putative first extracellular loop of NHE2, but not that of NHE1, may exert an inhibitory influence on hyperosmolarity-induced activation of the exchanger and thereby block RVI. ..
- Kaiya H, Kojima M, Hosoda H, Riley L, Hirano T, Grau E, et al. Amidated fish ghrelin: purification, cDNA cloning in the Japanese eel and its biological activity. J Endocrinol. 2003;176:415-23 pubmed..A novel regulatory pathway of GH secretion by gastric ghrelin seems to be conserved from fish to human. ..
- Harada Shiba M, Takagi A, Miyamoto Y, Tsushima M, Ikeda Y, Yokoyama S, et al. Clinical features and genetic analysis of autosomal recessive hypercholesterolemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:2541-7 pubmed..Interestingly, ARH is caused by a mutation of cytosine to adenine at this same position. Both siblings exhibited fatty liver, which may also be related to this mutation. ..
- Guan S, Nagata H, Maeda K, Kuboniwa M, Minamino N, Shizukuishi S. Purification and characterization of a hemoglobin-binding outer membrane protein of Prevotella intermedia. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;235:333-9 pubmed..48 x 10(-8) M as measured by surface plasmon resonance. These results suggest that P. intermedia binds hemoglobin specifically through the 60-kDa outer membrane protein...
- Moribe H, Yochem J, Yamada H, Tabuse Y, Fujimoto T, Mekada E. Tetraspanin protein (TSP-15) is required for epidermal integrity in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5209-20 pubmed..These results indicate that TSP-15 functions in the maintenance of epithelial cell integrity. ..
- Maeda K, Nagata H, Nonaka A, Kataoka K, Tanaka M, Shizukuishi S. Oral streptococcal glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase mediates interaction with Porphyromonas gingivalis fimbriae. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:1163-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GAPDHs of various plaque-forming streptococci may be involved in their attachment to P. gingivalis fimbriae and that they may contribute to P. gingivalis colonization...
- Kamide K, Kokubo Y, Hanada H, Nagura J, Yang J, Takiuchi S, et al. Genetic variations of HSD11B2 in hypertensive patients and in the general population, six rare missense/frameshift mutations. Hypertens Res. 2006;29:243-52 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that missense mutations in HSD11B2 do not substantially contribute to essential hypertension in Japanese. ..
- Palacpac N, Leung B, Arisue N, Tanabe K, Sattabongkot J, Tsuboi T, et al. Plasmodium vivax serine repeat antigen (SERA) multigene family exhibits similar expression patterns in independent infections. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2006;150:353-8 pubmed
- Yasui N, Nogi T, Kitao T, Nakano Y, Hattori M, Takagi J. Structure of a receptor-binding fragment of reelin and mutational analysis reveal a recognition mechanism similar to endocytic receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9988-93 pubmed
- Seguchi O, Takashima S, Yamazaki S, Asakura M, Asano Y, Shintani Y, et al. A cardiac myosin light chain kinase regulates sarcomere assembly in the vertebrate heart. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2812-24 pubmed..Knockdown of z-cardiac-MLCK expression using morpholino antisense oligonucleotides resulted in dilated cardiac ventricles and immature sarcomere structures. These results suggest a significant role for cardiac-MLCK in cardiogenesis. ..
- Tanaka C, Sakuma R, Nakamura T, Hamada H, Saijoh Y. Long-range action of Nodal requires interaction with GDF1. Genes Dev. 2007;21:3272-82 pubmed..These results suggest that GDF1 regulates the activity and signaling range of Nodal through direct interaction. ..
- Ido H, Ito S, Taniguchi Y, Hayashi M, Sato Nishiuchi R, Sanzen N, et al. Laminin isoforms containing the gamma3 chain are unable to bind to integrins due to the absence of the glutamic acid residue conserved in the C-terminal regions of the gamma1 and gamma2 chains. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28149-57 pubmed publisher
- Maeda Y, Ide T, Koike M, Uchiyama Y, Kinoshita T. GPHR is a novel anion channel critical for acidification and functions of the Golgi apparatus. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1135-45 pubmed publisher..After reconstitution in planar lipid bilayers, GPHR exhibited a voltage-dependent anion-channel activity that may function in counterion conductance. Thus, GPHR modulates Golgi functions through regulation of acidification...
- Mukai Y, Shibata H, Nakamura T, Yoshioka Y, Abe Y, Nomura T, et al. Structure-function relationship of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and its receptor interaction based on 3D structural analysis of a fully active TNFR1-selective TNF mutant. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:1221-9 pubmed publisher..This phage display technique can be used to efficiently construct functional mutants for analysis of the TNF structure-function relationship, which might facilitate in silico drug design based on receptor selectivity. ..
- Nakayama D, Ben Ammar Y, Miyata T, Takeda S. Structural basis of coagulation factor V recognition for cleavage by RVV-V. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3020-5 pubmed publisher..The results provide an explanation for the narrow specificity of RVV-V. ..
- Takamura H, Koyama Y, Matsuzaki S, Yamada K, Hattori T, Miyata S, et al. TRAP1 controls mitochondrial fusion/fission balance through Drp1 and Mff expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51912 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TRAP1 regulates the expression of fission proteins and controls mitochondrial fusion/fission, which affects mitochondrial/cellular function. ..
- Minami T, Tojo H, Shinomura Y, Matsuzawa Y, Okamoto M. Purification and characterization of a phospholipase A2 from human ileal mucosa. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1170:125-30 pubmed..These results indicate that the ileal mucosa contains group II PLA2, and that its expression in the ileal mucosa was higher than that in the colonic mucosa. ..
- Kanaoka Y, Kimura S, Okazaki I, Ikeda M, Nojima H. GAK: a cyclin G associated kinase contains a tensin/auxilin-like domain. FEBS Lett. 1997;402:73-80 pubmed..GAK also co-precipitated with CDK5, and CDK5 was found to be associated with cyclin G. We also showed by BIAcore analysis that the GAK-cyclin G interaction was direct. ..
- Sakata K, Shimada S, Yamashita T, Inoue K, Tohyama M. Cloning of a bovine orphan transporter and its short splicing variant. FEBS Lett. 1999;443:267-70 pubmed..In immunofluorescence analysis in transfected HEK 293T cells, myc-tagged bv7-3 was mainly detected on the plasma membrane, whereas myc-tagged bv7-3s showed a pattern of intracellular membrane staining. ..
- Masutani C, Kusumoto R, Yamada A, Dohmae N, Yokoi M, Yuasa M, et al. The XPV (xeroderma pigmentosum variant) gene encodes human DNA polymerase eta. Nature. 1999;399:700-4 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that DNA polymerase eta could be the XPV gene product. ..
- Takagi M, Matsuoka Y, Kurihara T, Yoneda Y. Chmadrin: a novel Ki-67 antigen-related perichromosomal protein possibly implicated in higher order chromatin structure. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 15):2463-72 pubmed..These are the first empirical data suggesting the involvement of perichromosomal proteins in the organization of chromatin structure...
- Chen M, Kakutani M, Minami M, Kataoka H, Kume N, Narumiya S, et al. Increased expression of lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor-1 in initial atherosclerotic lesions of Watanabe heritable hyperlipidemic rabbits. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:1107-15 pubmed..Taken together, these findings support the possibility that LOX-1 might be involved in the initiation of atherosclerosis...
- Morikawa K, Shirakawa M. Three-dimensional structural views of damaged-DNA recognition: T4 endonuclease V, E. coli Vsr protein, and human nucleotide excision repair factor XPA. Mutat Res. 2000;460:257-75 pubmed..This domain was found to be divided mainly into a (Cys)4-type zinc-finger motif subdomain for replication protein A (RPA) recognition and the carboxyl terminal subdomain responsible for DNA binding. ..
- Ohnishi T, Iwasaki H, Ishino Y, Kuramitsu S, Nakata A, Shinagawa H. Identification and characterization of Thermus thermophilus HB8 RuvA protein, the subunit of the RuvAB protein complex that promotes branch migration of Holliday junctions. Genes Genet Syst. 2000;75:233-43 pubmed..coli. In addition, Tth RuvA stimulated the E. coli RuvB activities in vitro, which was well consistent with the results of in vivo hetero-complementation experiments...
- Waga S, Masuda T, Takisawa H, Sugino A. DNA polymerase epsilon is required for coordinated and efficient chromosomal DNA replication in Xenopus egg extracts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:4978-83 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that Pol epsilon, along with Pol alpha and Pol delta, is necessary for coordinated chromosomal DNA replication in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Kohroki J, Fujita S, Itoh N, Yamada Y, Imai H, Yumoto N, et al. ATRA-regulated Asb-2 gene induced in differentiation of HL-60 leukemia cells. FEBS Lett. 2001;505:223-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that ASB-2 is directly induced by ATRA and may act as a significant regulator, underlying such physiological processes as cell differentiation. ..
- Jeon S, Fujiwara S, Takagi M, Tanaka T, Imanaka T. Tk-PTP, protein tyrosine/serine phosphatase from hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1: enzymatic characteristics and identification of its substrate proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:508-14 pubmed..Phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase subunit beta-chain, one of the gene products of RNA terminal phosphate cyclase operon and phosphomannomutase, was identified, suggesting that they functioned for phosphate donation...
- Nakano K, Tadagaki K, Isegawa Y, Aye M, Zou P, Yamanishi K. Human herpesvirus 7 open reading frame U12 encodes a functional beta-chemokine receptor. J Virol. 2003;77:8108-15 pubmed..These studies revealed that U12 activates distinct transmembrane signaling pathways that may mediate biological functions by binding with a beta-chemokine, ELC/MIP-3beta...
- Nishino J, Yamashita K, Hashiguchi H, Fujii H, Shimazaki T, Hamada H. Meteorin: a secreted protein that regulates glial cell differentiation and promotes axonal extension. EMBO J. 2004;23:1998-2008 pubmed..These observations suggest that Meteorin plays important roles in both glial cell differentiation and axonal network formation during neurogenesis. ..
- Mori K, Miyazato M, Ida T, Murakami N, Serino R, Ueta Y, et al. Identification of neuromedin S and its possible role in the mammalian circadian oscillator system. EMBO J. 2005;24:325-35 pubmed..These findings suggest that NMS in the SCN is implicated in the regulation of circadian rhythms through autocrine and/or paracrine actions. ..
- Onodera Y, Hashimoto S, Hashimoto A, Morishige M, Mazaki Y, Yamada A, et al. Expression of AMAP1, an ArfGAP, provides novel targets to inhibit breast cancer invasive activities. EMBO J. 2005;24:963-73 pubmed..Our results indicate that AMAP1 is a component involved in invasive activities of different breast cancers, and provide new information regarding the possible therapeutic targets for prevention of breast cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Koga Y, Katsumi R, You D, Matsumura H, Takano K, Kanaya S. Crystal structure of highly thermostable glycerol kinase from a hyperthermophilic archaeon in a dimeric form. FEBS J. 2008;275:2632-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the ion pairs in the alpha16 helix contribute to the stabilization of Tk-GK in a cooperative manner. ..
- Inoue T, Okino N, Kakuta Y, Hijikata A, Okano H, Goda H, et al. Mechanistic insights into the hydrolysis and synthesis of ceramide by neutral ceramidase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9566-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, insights into the actions of PaCD and eukaryotic neutral CDases as an exotoxin and mediators of sphingolipid signaling are also revealed, respectively. ..
- Kodama T, Gotoh K, Hiyoshi H, Morita M, Izutsu K, Akeda Y, et al. Two regulators of Vibrio parahaemolyticus play important roles in enterotoxicity by controlling the expression of genes in the Vp-PAI region. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8678 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that VtrA and VtrB are master regulators for virulence gene expression in the Vp-PAI and play critical roles in the pathogenicity of this bacterium. ..
- Nakata Z, Nagae M, Yasui N, Bujo H, Nogi T, Takagi J. Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of human LR11 Vps10p domain. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:129-32 pubmed publisher..Deglycosylated LR11 Vps10p-domain crystals belonged to the hexagonal space group P6(1)22. A diffraction data set was collected to 2.4 Å resolution and a clear molecular-replacement solution was obtained. ..
- Hikosaka K, Watanabe Y, Kobayashi F, Waki S, Kita K, Tanabe K. Highly conserved gene arrangement of the mitochondrial genomes of 23 Plasmodium species. Parasitol Int. 2011;60:175-80 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found 22-25 bp-inverted repeat sequences, which may be involved in the generation of lineage-specific mt genome arrangements after divergence from a common ancestor of the genera Eimeria and Plasmodium/Leucocytozoon. ..
- Nguyen T, You D, Kanaya E, Koga Y, Kanaya S. Crystal structure of metagenome-derived LC9-RNase H1 with atypical DEDN active site motif. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1418-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that LC9-RNase H1 represents bacterial RNases H1 with an atypical DEDN active site motif, which are evolutionarily distinct from those with a typical DEDD active site motif. ..
- Morita T, Hayashi K. Arp5 is a key regulator of myocardin in smooth muscle cells. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:683-96 pubmed publisher..In dedifferentiated smooth muscle cells, Arp5 knockdown restored the differentiated phenotype via Myocd activation. Thus, Arp5 is a key regulator of Myocd activity. ..
- Doi T, Minami T, Itoh M, Aburatani H, Kawabe Y, Kodama T, et al. An alternative form of nucleolysin binds to a T-cluster DNA in the silencer element of platelet factor 4 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:625-30 pubmed..These results indicate that TCBP may participate in the regulation of PF4 gene expression by binding to the T-cluster and the T-rich sequence. ..
- Miyazato M, Nakazato M, Matsukura S, Kangawa K, Matsuo H. Genomic structure and chromosomal localization of human uroguanylin. Genomics. 1997;43:359-65 pubmed..Fluorescence in situ hybridization showed the uroguanylin gene at human chromosome 1p33-p34. RNA blot analysis showed that human uroguanylin mRNA is expressed in the gastric fundus and pylorus as well as in the intestine. ..
- Masutani C, Araki M, Sugasawa K, van der Spek P, Yamada A, Uchida A, et al. Identification and characterization of XPC-binding domain of hHR23B. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:6915-23 pubmed..Our work shows that binding to XPC alone is required and sufficient for the role of hHR23B in in vitro NER but does not rule out the possibility that the protein has additional functions in vivo. ..
- Hamada F, Tomoyasu Y, Takatsu Y, Nakamura M, Nagai S, Suzuki A, et al. Negative regulation of Wingless signaling by D-axin, a Drosophila homolog of axin. Science. 1999;283:1739-42 pubmed..Hence, D-Axin negatively regulates Wingless signaling by down-regulating the level of Armadillo. These results establish the importance of the Axin family of proteins in Wnt/Wingless signaling in Drosophila. ..
- Fujiwara N, Fujii T, Fujii J, Taniguchi N. Functional expression of rat thioredoxin reductase: selenocysteine insertion sequence element is essential for the active enzyme. Biochem J. 1999;340 ( Pt 2):439-44 pubmed..These data clearly showed a requirement of selenium for the formation of functional TR protein. ..
- Itoh R, Kawamoto S, Adachi W, Kinoshita S, Okubo K. Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the human cathepsin L2 gene. DNA Res. 1999;6:137-40 pubmed..The gene was mapped to chromosome 9q21-22 by fluorescence in situ hybridization and the distance from cathepsin L was determined to be 15 cM by compiling radiation hybrid mapping results with a genetic map. ..
- Ueda H, Ikegami H, Kawaguchi Y, Fujisawa T, Nojima K, Babaya N, et al. Age-dependent changes in phenotypes and candidate gene analysis in a polygenic animal model of Type II diabetes mellitus; NSY mouse. Diabetologia. 2000;43:932-8 pubmed..A decline of pancreatic insulin content in older age might cause the relative insulin deficiency in this strain. Nucleotide sequencing suggests that Glut4 is unlikely to be a candidate gene for Nidd1nsy. ..
- Namwat W, Lee C, Kinoshita H, Yamada Y, Nihira T. Identification of the varR gene as a transcriptional regulator of virginiamycin S resistance in Streptomyces virginiae. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2025-31 pubmed..4-kb transcript and that VS acted as an inducer of bicistronic transcription. Deletion analysis of the varS promoter region clarified two adjacent VarR binding sites in the varS promoter. ..
- Kannan Y, Koga Y, Inoue Y, Haruki M, Takagi M, Imanaka T, et al. Active subtilisin-like protease from a hyperthermophilic archaeon in a form with a putative prosequence. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2001;67:2445-52 pubmed publisher..However, it was much more stable than bacterial subtilisins against heat inactivation and lost activity with half-lives of >60 min at 80 degrees C, 20 min at 90 degrees C, and 7 min at 100 degrees C...
- Morii E, Ogihara H, Oboki K, Kataoka T, Maeyama K, Fisher D, et al. Effect of a large deletion of the basic domain of mi transcription factor on differentiation of mast cells. Blood. 2001;98:2577-9 pubmed..This suggested that ew-MITF lacked any functions. The part of the basic domain deleted in ew-MITF appeared necessary for either transactivation or inhibition of transactivation. ..
- Pang T, Wakabayashi S, Shigekawa M. Expression of calcineurin B homologous protein 2 protects serum deprivation-induced cell death by serum-independent activation of Na+/H+ exchanger. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43771-7 pubmed..We propose that serum-independent activation of NHE1 by bound CHP2 is one of the key mechanisms for the maintenance of high pH(i) and the resistance to serum deprivation-induced cell death in malignantly transformed cells. ..
- Inaba T, Matsuda M, Shimamura M, Takei N, Terasaka N, Ando Y, et al. Angiopoietin-like protein 3 mediates hypertriglyceridemia induced by the liver X receptor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21344-51 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Angptl3 is a direct target of LXR and that induction of hepatic Angptl3 accounts for hypertriglyceridemia associated with the treatment of LXR ligand. ..
- Toyosawa S, Tomita Y, Kishino M, Hashimoto J, Ueda T, Tsujimura T, et al. Expression of dentin matrix protein 1 in tumors causing oncogenic osteomalacia. Mod Pathol. 2004;17:573-8 pubmed..Paranuclear DMP1 staining in the tumor cells was also observed. These findings indicate that DMP1 immunohistochemistry is a useful tool for identifying PMTs. ..
- Bando S, Takano T, Yubisui T, Shirabe K, Takeshita M, Nakagawa A. Structure of human erythrocyte NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:1929-34 pubmed..The structures around 15 mutation sites of the human reductase have been examined for the influence of residue substitutions using the program ROTAMER. Five mutations in the FAD-binding domain seem to be related to cytochrome b(5). ..
- Kitamura K, Nishimura H, Nishimune Y, Tanaka H. Identification of human HAPRIN potentially involved in the acrosome reaction. J Androl. 2005;26:511-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that the function of HAPRIN is highly conserved in humans and mice and that the protein could play an important role in the regulation of the acrosome reaction. ..
- Kanamoto T, Terada K, Yoshikawa H, Furukawa T. Cloning and regulation of the vertebrate homologue of lin-41 that functions as a heterochronic gene in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1142-9 pubmed..The 3'UTRs of the mouse and chick lin-41 genes contain multiple let-7 complementary sites. Using luciferase assay, we showed that lin-41 expression can be regulated through let-7 complementary sites. ..
- Tanaka H, Matsuoka Y, Onishi M, Kitamura K, Miyagawa Y, Nishimura H, et al. Expression profiles and single-nucleotide polymorphism analysis of human HANP1/H1T2 encoding a histone H1-like protein. Int J Androl. 2006;29:353-9 pubmed..h-HANP1 is expressed in the testes and its genomic construct also intronless as mouse Hanp1. We found that the h-HANP1 coding region have 5 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in Japanese men. ..
- Yamaguchi K, Naiki H, Goto Y. Mechanism by which the amyloid-like fibrils of a beta 2-microglobulin fragment are induced by fluorine-substituted alcohols. J Mol Biol. 2006;363:279-88 pubmed..e. H-bonds) in and between peptides leads to the formation of ordered fibrils with a bell-shaped concentration dependence...
- Wang J, Shiratori I, Satoh T, Lanier L, Arase H. An essential role of sialylated O-linked sugar chains in the recognition of mouse CD99 by paired Ig-like type 2 receptor (PILR). J Immunol. 2008;180:1686-93 pubmed..These findings indicate that sialylated O-linked sugar structures on CD99 play an important role in the recognition of PILR. ..
- Oneyama C, Iino T, Saito K, Suzuki K, Ogawa A, Okada M. Transforming potential of Src family kinases is limited by the cholesterol-enriched membrane microdomain. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:6462-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the membrane microdomain spatially limits the transforming potential of SFKs by sequestering them away from the transforming pathways. ..
- Fujieda N, Murata M, Yabuta S, Ikeda T, Shimokawa C, Nakamura Y, et al. Multifunctions of MelB, a fungal tyrosinase from Aspergillus oryzae. Chembiochem. 2012;13:193-201 pubmed publisher..The structural changes induced by proteolytic digestion might open the entrance to the enzyme active site for substrate incorporation. ..