Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Publications464 found, 100 shown here
- Nishimura I, Takazaki R, Kuwako K, Enokido Y, Yoshikawa K. Upregulation and antiapoptotic role of endogenous Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein in dorsal root ganglion neurons. Exp Cell Res. 2003;286:241-51 pubmed..These results suggest that endogenous APP is upregulated to exert an antiapoptotic effect on neurotrophin-deprived DRG neurons and subsequently undergoes caspase-dependent proteolysis. ..
- Nada S, Shima T, Yanai H, Husi H, Grant S, Okada M, et al. Identification of PSD-93 as a substrate for the Src family tyrosine kinase Fyn. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47610-21 pubmed..These results suggest that PSD-93 serves as a membrane-anchored substrate of Fyn and plays a role in the regulation of Fyn-mediated modification of NMDA receptor function. ..
- Isaji T, Gu J, Nishiuchi R, Zhao Y, Takahashi M, Miyoshi E, et al. Introduction of bisecting GlcNAc into integrin alpha5beta1 reduces ligand binding and down-regulates cell adhesion and cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19747-54 pubmed..These findings suggest that the modification of N-glycan of integrin by GnT-III inhibits its ligand binding ability, subsequently leading to the down-regulation of integrin-mediated signaling. ..
- Hirose M, Hashimoto H, Shintani N, Nakanishi M, Arakawa N, Iga J, et al. Differential expression of mRNAs for PACAP and its receptors during neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Regul Pept. 2005;126:109-13 pubmed..These results suggest that this in vitro neuronal culture system will be a useful model for future studies on the functional role of the PACAPergic system during different stages of neuronal development. ..
- Hashimoto R, Hashimoto H, Shintani N, Chiba S, Hattori S, Okada T, et al. Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide is associated with schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2007;12:1026-32 pubmed..These convergent data suggest that alterations in PACAP signaling might contribute to the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. ..
- Shimoda M, Kanai Azuma M, Hara K, Miyazaki S, Kanai Y, Monden M, et al. Sox17 plays a substantial role in late-stage differentiation of the extraembryonic endoderm in vitro. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3859-69 pubmed..These findings possibly explain the discrepancy between the ExE phenotype derived from Sox17(-/-) ESCs and that of Sox17(-/-) embryos. ..
- Shimizu S, Konishi A, Nishida Y, Mizuta T, Nishina H, Yamamoto A, et al. Involvement of JNK in the regulation of autophagic cell death. Oncogene. 2010;29:2070-82 pubmed publisher..Activation of JNK occurred downstream of the induction of autophagy, and was dependent on the autophagic process. These results indicate that JNK activation is crucial for the autophagic death of Bax/Bak DKO cells. ..
- Taneike M, Yamaguchi O, Nakai A, Hikoso S, Takeda T, Mizote I, et al. Inhibition of autophagy in the heart induces age-related cardiomyopathy. Autophagy. 2010;6:600-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that continuous constitutive autophagy has a crucial role in maintaining cardiac structure and function. ..
- Morinaka A, Yamada M, Itofusa R, Funato Y, Yoshimura Y, Nakamura F, et al. Thioredoxin mediates oxidation-dependent phosphorylation of CRMP2 and growth cone collapse. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra26 pubmed publisher..Our results not only clarify the importance of H2O2 and CRMP2 oxidation in Sema3A-induced growth cone collapse but also indicate an unappreciated role for TRX in linking CRMP2 oxidation to phosphorylation. ..
- Masaki M, Aritake K, Tanaka H, Shoyama Y, Huang Z, Urade Y. Crocin promotes non-rapid eye movement sleep in mice. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012;56:304-8 pubmed publisher..These compounds did not change the amount of REM sleep or show any adverse effects, such as rebound insomnia, after the induction of sleep. ..
- Takahashi A, Kimura T, Takabatake Y, Namba T, Kaimori J, Kitamura H, et al. Autophagy guards against cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:517-25 pubmed publisher..Enhancing autophagy may provide a novel therapeutic option to minimize AKI. ..
- Kodama T, Hikita H, Kawaguchi T, Shigekawa M, Shimizu S, Hayashi Y, et al. Mcl-1 and Bcl-xL regulate Bak/Bax-dependent apoptosis of the megakaryocytic lineage at multistages. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1856-69 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Mcl-1 and Bcl-xL regulate the survival of the megakaryocytic lineage, which is critically important for preventing lethal or severe hemorrhage in both developing and adult mice. ..
- Ohashi M, Oyama T, Putranto E, Waku T, Nobusada H, Kataoka K, et al. Design and synthesis of a series of ?-benzyl phenylpropanoic acid-type peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) gamma partial agonists with improved aqueous solubility. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:2319-2332 pubmed publisher..Preliminal apoptotic effect of (R)-7j against human scirrhous gastric cancer cell line OCUM-2MD3 is also described. ..
- Murai T, Sato C, Sato M, Nishiyama H, Suga M, Mio K, et al. Membrane cholesterol modulates the hyaluronan-binding ability of CD44 in T lymphocytes and controls rolling under shear flow. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3284-94 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insight into the regulation of T cell adhesion under blood flow. ..
- Uchiyama R, Yonehara S, Taniguchi S, Ishido S, Ishii K, Tsutsui H. Inflammasome and Fas-Mediated IL-1? Contributes to Th17/Th1 Cell Induction in Pathogenic Bacterial Infection In Vivo. J Immunol. 2017;199:1122-1130 pubmed publisher..This study provides a deeper understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying Th17/Th1 induction during pathogenic microbial infections in vivo. ..
- Sukumaran V, Tsuchimochi H, Tatsumi E, Shirai M, Pearson J. Azilsartan ameliorates diabetic cardiomyopathy in young db/db mice through the modulation of ACE-2/ANG 1-7/Mas receptor cascade. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;144:90-99 pubmed publisher..Short-term treatment with AZL-3 reversed abnormal cardiac structural remodeling and partially improved glucose metabolism in db/db mice by modulating the ACE-2/ANG 1-7/Mas R pathway. ..
- Okuda Y, Sakoda S, Bernard C, Fujimura H, Saeki Y, Kishimoto T, et al. IL-6-deficient mice are resistant to the induction of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis provoked by myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein. Int Immunol. 1998;10:703-8 pubmed..Given the potential relevance of this animal model for multiple sclerosis (MS), it is possible that anti-IL-6 therapy may be useful in the prevention of relapses of MS. ..
- Mazaki Y, Uchida H, Hino O, Hashimoto S, Sabe H. Paxillin isoforms in mouse. Lack of the gamma isoform and developmentally specific beta isoform expression. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:22435-41 pubmed..Moreover, we showed that alpha and beta isoforms were colocalized within the same focal adhesion plaques, and cytoplasmic pools of both isoforms exist in the perinuclear area, colocalized with the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Hoshino K, Kashiwamura S, Kuribayashi K, Kodama T, Tsujimura T, Nakanishi K, et al. The absence of interleukin 1 receptor-related T1/ST2 does not affect T helper cell type 2 development and its effector function. J Exp Med. 1999;190:1541-8 pubmed..In addition, differentiation and function of bone marrow-derived cultured mast cells were unaffected. These findings demonstrate that T1/ST2 does not play an essential role in development and function of Th2 cells and mast cells...
- Sakao Y, Kawai T, Takeuchi O, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Mouse proteasomal ATPases Psmc3 and Psmc4: genomic organization and gene targeting. Genomics. 2000;67:1-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that Psmc3 and Psmc4 have similar and essential roles in early embryogenesis and further that both ATPases have noncompensatory functions in vivo. ..
- Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Kimura T, Yomogida K, Kuroiwa A, Tadokoro Y, Fujita Y, et al. Two mouse piwi-related genes: miwi and mili. Mech Dev. 2001;108:121-33 pubmed..MIWI may be involved in RNA processing or translational regulation, since MIWI was found to possess RNA binding activity. Our data suggest that miwi and mili regulate spermatogenesis and primordial germ cell production. ..
- Nishizawa H, Yamagata K, Shimomura I, Takahashi M, Kuriyama H, Kishida K, et al. Small heterodimer partner, an orphan nuclear receptor, augments peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1586-92 pubmed..Mutant SHP proteins, which are found in naturally occurring mutation, showed less enhancing activity for PPARgamma than wild-type SHP. Our results suggest that SHP may act as an endogenous enhancer of PPARgamma. ..
- Murata J, Murayama A, Horii A, Doi K, Harada T, Okano H, et al. Expression of Musashi1, a neural RNA-binding protein, in the cochlea of young adult mice. Neurosci Lett. 2004;354:201-4 pubmed..We suppose that this wide expression of Msi1 in supporting cells indicates that those cells might have the potential to become hair cell progenitors if injured, but that some other mechanisms strictly inhibit this ability. ..
- Okumura K, Hosoe Y, Nakajima N. c-Jun and Sp1 family are critical for retinoic acid induction of the lamin A/C retinoic acid-responsive element. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:487-92 pubmed..Furthermore, we detect a physiological interaction between c-Jun with Sp1/Sp3 in RA-treated cells. Our data suggest that Sp1, Sp3, and c-Jun play an important role in gene expression through the L-RARE during RA treatment. ..
- Hikoso S, Yamaguchi O, Higuchi Y, Hirotani S, Takeda T, Kashiwase K, et al. Pressure overload induces cardiac dysfunction and dilation in signal transducer and activator of transcription 6-deficient mice. Circulation. 2004;110:2631-7 pubmed..The lack of promoter activation by endothelin-1 in STAT6-/- cardiomyocytes was rescued by forced expression of STAT6. STAT6 plays a protective role against hemodynamic stress in hearts. ..
- Oshima K, Nampei A, Matsuda M, Iwaki M, Fukuhara A, Hashimoto J, et al. Adiponectin increases bone mass by suppressing osteoclast and activating osteoblast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:520-6 pubmed
- Fujiyama K, Saejung W, Yanagihara I, Nakado J, Misaki R, Honda T, et al. In Planta production of immunogenic poliovirus peptide using tobacco mosaic virus-based vector system. J Biosci Bioeng. 2006;101:398-402 pubmed..These data illustrate the potential of the readthrough translation system with TMVCP for antigen presentation and vaccine production. ..
- Suetake I, Hayata D, Tajima S. The amino-terminus of mouse DNA methyltransferase 1 forms an independent domain and binds to DNA with the sequence involving PCNA binding motif. J Biochem. 2006;140:763-76 pubmed..We propose that DNA binding activity of the N-terminal domain contributes to the localization of Dnmt1 to AT-rich sequence such as Line 1, satellite, and the promoter of tissue-specific silent genes...
- Yasui N, Nogi T, Kitao T, Nakano Y, Hattori M, Takagi J. Structure of a receptor-binding fragment of reelin and mutational analysis reveal a recognition mechanism similar to endocytic receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9988-93 pubmed
- Nakanishi S. Genetic manipulation study of information processing in the cerebellum. Neuroscience. 2009;162:723-31 pubmed publisher..The neural information is thus hierarchically regulated and integrated at different levels of the cerebellar network. ..
- Zhu Y, Matsumoto T, Mikami S, Nagasawa T, Murakami F. SDF1/CXCR4 signalling regulates two distinct processes of precerebellar neuronal migration and its depletion leads to abnormal pontine nuclei formation. Development. 2009;136:1919-28 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we provide the first in vivo evidence that pontine neurons themselves induce collateral branching from the corticospinal axons. ..
- Oma K, Zhao J, Ezoe H, Akeda Y, Koyama S, Ishii K, et al. Intranasal immunization with a mixture of PspA and a Toll-like receptor agonist induces specific antibodies and enhances bacterial clearance in the airways of mice. Vaccine. 2009;27:3181-8 pubmed publisher..Despite the skewed Th1/Th2 immune responses, the effects of nasal immunization with PspA plus each TLR agonist on bacterial clearances from the lungs 3h after infection and from nasopharynx 1 day after infection in mice were equivalent. ..
- Nakashima H, Kimura T, Kaga Y, Nakatani T, Seki Y, Nakamura T, et al. Effects of dppa3 on DNA methylation dynamics during primordial germ cell development in mice. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:125 pubmed publisher..From our findings, we propose that Dppa3 is involved in the Tet-mediated active demethylation process during reprogramming of PGCs. ..
- Nakajima H, Noguchi T, Hamaguchi T, Tomita K, Hanafusa T, Kono N, et al. Expression of mouse phosphofructokinase-M gene alternative transcripts: evidence for the conserved two-promoter system. Biochem J. 1994;303 ( Pt 2):449-53 pubmed..Although the regulatory mechanism and the physiological significance are not fully known, this would indicate that phosphofructokinase-M gene transcripts are affected during the diabetic state. ..
- Sato M, Morii E, Komori T, Kawahata H, Sugimoto M, Terai K, et al. Transcriptional regulation of osteopontin gene in vivo by PEBP2alphaA/CBFA1 and ETS1 in the skeletal tissues. Oncogene. 1998;17:1517-25 pubmed..These findings suggest that PEBP2alphaA and ETS1 cooperate in vivo to regulate expression of the opn gene in the skeletal tissue. Cell type-specific regulation of Opn gene expression will also be discussed. ..
- Mizuno S, Mizuno Horikawa Y, Yue B, Okamoto M, Kurosawa T. Nephrotic mice (ICGN strain): a model of diffuse mesangial sclerosis in infantile nephrotic syndrome. Am J Nephrol. 1999;19:73-82 pubmed
- Ikeda W, Nakanishi H, Tanaka Y, Tachibana K, Takai Y. Cooperation of Cdc42 small G protein-activating and actin filament-binding activities of frabin in microspike formation. Oncogene. 2001;20:3457-63 pubmed
- Muta M, Kamachi Y, Yoshimoto A, Higashi Y, Kondoh H. Distinct roles of SOX2, Pax6 and Maf transcription factors in the regulation of lens-specific delta1-crystallin enhancer. Genes Cells. 2002;7:791-805 pubmed..The major function of Maf proteins presumably resides in the activation of the genes in lens fibre cells. ..
- Kodaira H, Tsutsumi Y, Yoshioka Y, Kamada H, Kaneda Y, Yamamoto Y, et al. The targeting of anionized polyvinylpyrrolidone to the renal system. Biomaterials. 2004;25:4309-15 pubmed..Thus, these carboxylated and sulfonated PVPs may be useful polymeric carriers for drug delivery to the kidney and bladder, respectively. ..
- Hayakawa T, Yusa K, Kouno M, Takeda J, Horie K. Bloom's syndrome gene-deficient phenotype in mouse primary cells induced by a modified tetracycline-controlled trans-silencer. Gene. 2006;369:80-9 pubmed..Our data demonstrate effectiveness of sc rtTS in the tet-off system. Application of sc rtTS in mice may allow us to implement bi-allelic mutagenesis in vivo. ..
- Kitagawa K. CREB and cAMP response element-mediated gene expression in the ischemic brain. FEBS J. 2007;274:3210-7 pubmed..This minireview summarizes our current understanding for the role of CREB in regulating CRE-mediated gene expression during cerebral ischemia. ..
- Saejung W, Fujiyama K, Takasaki T, Ito M, Hori K, Malasit P, et al. Production of dengue 2 envelope domain III in plant using TMV-based vector system. Vaccine. 2007;25:6646-54 pubmed..The result indicates that the TMV expression system produces the dengue virus antigen in plant, which possesses appropriate antigenicity and immunogenicity. ..
- Koike C, Nishida A, Ueno S, Saito H, Sanuki R, Sato S, et al. Functional roles of Otx2 transcription factor in postnatal mouse retinal development. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:8318-29 pubmed..These data suggest that Otx2 plays a functional role in the maturation of retinal photoreceptor and bipolar cells. ..
- Kudo T, Kanemoto S, Hara H, Morimoto N, Morihara T, Kimura R, et al. A molecular chaperone inducer protects neurons from ER stress. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:364-75 pubmed..Considering these results together, it appears that BIX induces BiP to prevent neuronal death by ER stress, suggesting that it may be a potential therapeutic agent for cerebral diseases caused by ER stress. ..
- Arai Y, Nonomura N, Nakai Y, Nishimura K, Oka D, Shiba M, et al. The growth-inhibitory effects of dexamethasone on renal cell carcinoma in vivo and in vitro. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:35-40 pubmed publisher..DEX treatment is a candidate for advanced RCC therapy by inhibiting the activation of NF-kappa B and its downstream products such as IL-6, IL-8 and VEGF. ..
- Kabututu Z, Manin M, Pointud J, Maruyama T, Nagata N, Lambert S, et al. Prostaglandin F2alpha synthase activities of aldo-keto reductase 1B1, 1B3 and 1B7. J Biochem. 2009;145:161-8 pubmed publisher..2 and 18 mM, respectively). These data provide a molecular basis for investigating novel functional roles for AKR1B members and PGF(2alpha) as mediators of physiological and pathological processes in mammalian organisms. ..
- Kishigami H, Nagano S, Bush A, Sakoda S. Monomerized Cu, Zn-superoxide dismutase induces oxidative stress through aberrant Cu binding. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:945-52 pubmed publisher..SOD1(HAC) may be pathogenic in FALS by being a monomeric species that gains a redox activity by aberrantly coordinating Cu(2+). ..
- Hashimoto M, Shinohara K, Wang J, Ikeuchi S, Yoshiba S, Meno C, et al. Planar polarization of node cells determines the rotational axis of node cilia. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:170-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that posterior positioning of the basal body, which provides the posterior tilt to node cilia, is determined by planar polarization mediated by noncanonical Wnt signalling. ..
- Suzuki H, Kakutani H, Kondoh M, Watari A, Yagi K. The safety of a mucosal vaccine using the C-terminal fragment of Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin. Pharmazie. 2010;65:766-9 pubmed..C-CPE-fused OVA exhibited mucosal vaccination without mucosal injury. These findings indicate thatclaudin-4-targeting using C-CPE can be a potent strategy for mucosal vaccination. ..
- Omori Y, Chaya T, Katoh K, Kajimura N, Sato S, Muraoka K, et al. Negative regulation of ciliary length by ciliary male germ cell-associated kinase (Mak) is required for retinal photoreceptor survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22671-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Mak is essential for the regulation of ciliary length and is required for the long-term survival of photoreceptors. ..
- Shintaku Y, Murakami T, Yanagita T, Kawanabe N, Fukunaga T, Matsuzaki K, et al. Sox9 expression during fracture repair. Cells Tissues Organs. 2011;194:38-48 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggested that the mechanical environment modulates Sox9 expression levels in osteochondrogenic precursors and consequently influences their fate decision between osteogenic and chondrogenic lineage commitment. ..
- Sakimoto S, Kidoya H, Naito H, Kamei M, Sakaguchi H, Goda N, et al. A role for endothelial cells in promoting the maturation of astrocytes through the apelin/APJ system in mice. Development. 2012;139:1327-35 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an involvement of apelin/APJ in the maturation process of retinal angiogenesis. ..
- Kita Y, Ago Y, Takano E, Fukada A, Takuma K, Matsuda T. Galantamine increases hippocampal insulin-like growth factor 2 expression via ?7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013;225:543-51 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that galantamine increases hippocampal IGF2 levels via ?7 nAChR activation in mice and imply that the effect may contribute to its neuroprotection or neurogenesis. ..
- Hikosaka K, Tsuji N, Watanabe Y, Kishine H, Horii T, Igarashi I, et al. Novel type of linear mitochondrial genomes with dual flip-flop inversion system in apicomplexan parasites, Babesia microti and Babesia rodhaini. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:622 pubmed publisher..The present finding provides insight into further understanding of evolution of mt genome structure...
- Kaushik M, Aritake K, Kamauchi S, Hayaishi O, Huang Z, Lazarus M, et al. Prostaglandin D(2) is crucial for seizure suppression and postictal sleep. Exp Neurol. 2014;253:82-90 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that PGD2 produced by H-PGDS and acting on DP1R is essential for seizure suppression and that the L-PGDS/PGD2/DP1R system regulates sleep that follows seizures. ..
- Takeda K, Akira S. STAT family of transcription factors in cytokine-mediated biological responses. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2000;11:199-207 pubmed..Conditional knockout study of Stat3 demonstrates its critical roles in cytokine-mediated functions in several tissues, including T cells, macrophages, skin, and mammary gland. ..
- Okada Y, Nagai R, Sato T, Matsuura E, Minami T, Morita I, et al. Homeodomain proteins MEIS1 and PBXs regulate the lineage-specific transcription of the platelet factor 4 gene. Blood. 2003;101:4748-56 pubmed..Thus, these studies demonstrate that the homeodomain proteins, MEIS1, PBX1B, and PBX2, play an important role in megakaryocytic gene expression. ..
- Sasaki M, Takeda E, Takano K, Yomogida K, Katahira J, Yoneda Y. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of mouse Nxf family gene products. Genomics. 2005;85:641-53 pubmed..The orthologous relationship between human and mouse Nxf genes is discussed on the basis of these data. ..
- Keng V, Yae K, Hayakawa T, Mizuno S, Uno Y, Yusa K, et al. Region-specific saturation germline mutagenesis in mice using the Sleeping Beauty transposon system. Nat Methods. 2005;2:763-9 pubmed..All genes within a 4-Mb region of the original donor site were mutated by SB, indicating the potential of this system for functional genomic studies within a specific chromosomal region. ..
- Nakagami H, Kikuchi Y, Katsuya T, Morishita R, Akasaka H, Saitoh S, et al. Gene polymorphism of myospryn (cardiomyopathy-associated 5) is associated with left ventricular wall thickness in patients with hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2007;30:1239-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the polymorphism of myospryn is associated with left ventricular hypertrophy, and an association between a Z-disc protein and cardiac adaptation in response to pressure overload. ..
- Hori Y, Kimura A, Wakayama T, Kitamoto M, Imai F, Imai H, et al. 3D Hyperpolarized (129)Xe MRI of mouse lung at low xenon concentration using a continuous flow-type hyperpolarizing system: feasibility for quantitative measurement of regional ventilation. Magn Reson Med Sci. 2009;8:73-9 pubmed
- Shimono C, Manabe R, Yamada T, Fukuda S, Kawai J, Furutani Y, et al. Identification and characterization of nCLP2, a novel C1q family protein expressed in the central nervous system. J Biochem. 2010;147:565-79 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that nCLP2 plays roles in synaptic function and maintenance in the CNS. ..
- Nagai M, Moriyama T, Mehmood R, Tokuhiro K, Ikawa M, Okabe M, et al. Mice lacking Ran binding protein 1 are viable and show male infertility. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:791-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we conclude that the dramatic decrease in "RanBP" activity impairs germ cell viability and affects spermatogenesis decisively in RanBP1-knockout mice. ..
- Hotta K, Funahashi T, Matsukawa Y, Takahashi M, Nishizawa H, Kishida K, et al. Galectin-12, an Adipose-expressed Galectin-like Molecule Possessing Apoptosis-inducing Activity. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34089-97 pubmed..These results suggest that galectin-12, an adipose-expressed galectin-like molecule, may participate in the apoptosis of adipocytes. ..
- Masuda M, Minami M, Shime H, Matsuzawa T, Horiguchi Y. In vivo modifications of small GTPase Rac and Cdc42 by Bordetella dermonecrotic toxin. Infect Immun. 2002;70:998-1001 pubmed..MC3T3-E1 cells treated with DNT at high concentrations demonstrated extensive formations of lamellipodia and filopodia, which indicate the intracellular activation of Rac and Cdc42, respectively...
- Honke K, Hirahara Y, Dupree J, Suzuki K, Popko B, Fukushima K, et al. Paranodal junction formation and spermatogenesis require sulfoglycolipids. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4227-32 pubmed..These data show a critical role for sulfoglycolipids in myelin function and spermatogenesis. ..
- Nishida K, Yamaguchi O, Hirotani S, Hikoso S, Higuchi Y, Watanabe T, et al. p38alpha mitogen-activated protein kinase plays a critical role in cardiomyocyte survival but not in cardiac hypertrophic growth in response to pressure overload. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10611-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate that p38alpha plays a critical role in the cardiomyocyte survival pathway in response to pressure overload, while cardiac hypertrophic growth is unaffected despite its dramatic down-regulation. ..
- Wada K, Nakajima A, Katayama K, Kudo C, Shibuya A, Kubota N, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-mediated regulation of neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:12673-81 pubmed..The inhibition of differentiation was associated with an activation of STAT3. These data indicate that PPARgamma regulates the development of the central nervous system during early embryogenesis via control of NSC proliferation. ..
- Takaoka K, Yamamoto M, Shiratori H, Meno C, Rossant J, Saijoh Y, et al. The mouse embryo autonomously acquires anterior-posterior polarity at implantation. Dev Cell. 2006;10:451-9 pubmed..This asymmetry in molecular patterning of the mouse embryo pushes back the origin of the A-P body axis to the peri-implantation stage. ..
- Takayama I, Miyazaki S, Tashiro F, Fujikura J, Miyazaki J, Yamato E. Pdx-1-independent differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into insulin-expressing cells. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;79:e8-10 pubmed
- Miyata Y, Fukuhara A, Matsuda M, Komuro R, Shimomura I. Insulin induces chaperone and CHOP gene expressions in adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:826-32 pubmed..These results suggest that insulin signaling is important to induce mRNA expressions of GRP78 and CHOP, and may have a protective role against UPR. ..
- Kidoya H, Ueno M, Yamada Y, Mochizuki N, Nakata M, Yano T, et al. Spatial and temporal role of the apelin/APJ system in the caliber size regulation of blood vessels during angiogenesis. EMBO J. 2008;27:522-34 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the apelin/APJ system is involved in the regulation of blood vessel diameter during angiogenesis. ..
- Suna H, Arai M, Tsubotani Y, Hayashi A, Setiawan A, Kobayashi M. Dysideamine, a new sesquiterpene aminoquinone, protects hippocampal neuronal cells against iodoacetic acid-induced cell death. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009;17:3968-72 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 1 induced neurite outgrowth against mouse neuroblastoma Neuro 2A cells with increase of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity, which is a marker of neuronal differentiation...
- Kumasawa K, Ikawa M, Kidoya H, Hasuwa H, Saito Fujita T, Morioka Y, et al. Pravastatin induces placental growth factor (PGF) and ameliorates preeclampsia in a mouse model. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1451-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that our experimental preeclamptic murine model phenocopies the human case, and the model identifies low-dose statins and PGF as candidates for preeclampsia treatment. ..
- Kageyama S, Omori H, Saitoh T, Sone T, Guan J, Akira S, et al. The LC3 recruitment mechanism is separate from Atg9L1-dependent membrane formation in the autophagic response against Salmonella. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2290-300 pubmed publisher..We propose that the LC3 system is recruited through a mechanism that is independent of isolation membrane generation. ..
- Shimizu K, Taniyama Y, Sanada F, Azuma J, Iwabayashi M, Iekushi K, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced oxidative stress via epithelial growth factor receptor degradation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2687-93 pubmed publisher..This effect of HGF may be useful for the treatment of inflammatory disease. ..
- Tashima Y, Banno F, Kita T, Matsuda Y, Yanamoto H, Miyata T. Plasminogen Tochigi mice exhibit phenotypes similar to wild-type mice under experimental thrombotic conditions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180981 pubmed publisher..PlgT/T mice can be used to investigate the potential pathophysiological impact of the Plg-A620T mutation. ..
- Hieda M, Tachibana T, Yokoya F, Kose S, Imamoto N, Yoneda Y. A monoclonal antibody to the COOH-terminal acidic portion of Ran inhibits both the recycling of Ran and nuclear protein import in living cells. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:645-55 pubmed
- Nishimura T, Koike R, Miyasaka M. Mammary glands of Aly mice: developmental changes and lactation-related expression of specific proteins, alpha-casein, GLyCAM-1 and MAdCAM-1. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2000;43:351-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrated marked changes in the structure of the mammary glands of aly/aly mice. The expression of lactation-related proteins was detected during development, pregnancy, and lactation in both aly/aly and aly/+ mice. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Kim J, Yuba S, Yoneda Y. Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the importin alpha1 gene in the mouse. Gene. 2002;288:49-56 pubmed
- Nakase T, Ariga K, Meng W, Iwasaki M, Tomita T, Myoui A, et al. Distribution of genes for parathyroid hormone (PTH)-related peptide, Indian hedgehog, PTH receptor and patched in the process of experimental spondylosis in mice. J Neurosurg. 2002;97:82-7 pubmed
- Ito A, Jippo T, Wakayama T, Morii E, Koma Y, Onda H, et al. SgIGSF: a new mast-cell adhesion molecule used for attachment to fibroblasts and transcriptionally regulated by MITF. Blood. 2003;101:2601-8 pubmed..These results indicated that SgIGSF mediated the adhesion of CMCs to fibroblasts and that the transcription of SgIGSF was critically regulated by MITF. ..
- Kaneda Y, Tsutsumi Y, Yoshioka Y, Kamada H, Yamamoto Y, Kodaira H, et al. The use of PVP as a polymeric carrier to improve the plasma half-life of drugs. Biomaterials. 2004;25:3259-66 pubmed..However, PVP showed the minimum volume of tissue distribution. These results suggested that PVP is the most suitable polymeric modifier for prolonging the circulation lifetime of a drug and localizing the conjugated drug in blood. ..
- Zeng L, Fujimoto T, Kumamaru E, Irie Y, Miki N, Kuo C. Characterization of novel Pur alpha-binding proteins in mouse brain. Neurochem Int. 2004;45:753-8 pubmed..These biochemical properties of the PurBPs are different from the reported nuclear Pur alpha-binding proteins such as Sp1 and pRb. ..
- Morishita H, Murata Y, Esumi S, Hamada S, Yagi T. CNR/Pcdhalpha family in subplate neurons, and developing cortical connectivity. Neuroreport. 2004;15:2595-9 pubmed..This pattern of CNR/Pcdhalpha expression suggests its involvement in the development of neocortical connectivity. ..
- Maeda N, Funahashi T, Hibuse T, Nagasawa A, Kishida K, Kuriyama H, et al. Adaptation to fasting by glycerol transport through aquaporin 7 in adipose tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:17801-6 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the lack of effective glycerol transport from adipocytes by glycerol gateway molecule causes defective adaptation to prolonged fasting. ..
- Babaya N, Ikegami H, Fujisawa T, Nojima K, Itoi Babaya M, Inoue K, et al. Susceptibility to streptozotocin-induced diabetes is mapped to mouse chromosome 11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:158-64 pubmed