Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ion channels in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: ion channels
- Kitahara T, Horii A, Kizawa K, Maekawa C, Kubo T. Changes in mitochondrial uncoupling protein expression in the rat vestibular nerve after labyrinthectomy. Neurosci Res. 2007;59:237-42 pubmed..These findings suggest that mitochondrial UCPs could play both a neuro-protective role against oxidative damage and a thermal signaling role for neuro-modulation in vestibular nerve. ..
- Okochi Y, Sasaki M, Iwasaki H, Okamura Y. Voltage-gated proton channel is expressed on phagosomes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:274-9 pubmed publisher..These are consistent with the idea that voltage-gated proton channels help NADPH oxidase in phagocytes to produce reactive oxygen species. ..
- Kurokawa T, Okamura Y. Mapping of sites facing aqueous environment of voltage-gated proton channel at resting state: a study with PEGylation protection. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:382-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an inner vestibule lined by several residues on S2 including F146, D108 on S1, and the C-terminal half of S4. ..
- Takeshita K, Sakata S, Yamashita E, Fujiwara Y, Kawanabe A, Kurokawa T, et al. X-ray crystal structure of voltage-gated proton channel. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:352-7 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a platform for understanding the general principles of voltage sensing and proton permeation. ..
- Maeda Y, Ide T, Koike M, Uchiyama Y, Kinoshita T. GPHR is a novel anion channel critical for acidification and functions of the Golgi apparatus. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1135-45 pubmed publisher..After reconstitution in planar lipid bilayers, GPHR exhibited a voltage-dependent anion-channel activity that may function in counterion conductance. Thus, GPHR modulates Golgi functions through regulation of acidification...
- Sakata S, Kurokawa T, Nørholm M, Takagi M, Okochi Y, von Heijne G, et al. Functionality of the voltage-gated proton channel truncated in S4. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2313-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important clues to the molecular mechanism underlying voltage sensing and proton permeation in Hv channels. ..