Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
- Nakagawa A, Uno A, Horii A, Kitahara T, Kawamoto M, Uno Y, et al. Fos induction in the amygdala by vestibular information during hypergravity stimulation. Brain Res. 2003;986:114-23 pubmed..Our results suggest the amygdala is a neural substrate involved in the development of and habituation to motion sickness. ..
- Ueda K, Fujii M, El Sharaby A, Honma S, Wakisaka S. Human blood group antigen H is not the specific marker for type I cells in the taste buds. Arch Histol Cytol. 2003;66:469-73 pubmed..5-immunoreactive cells). ..
- Nammo T, Yamagata K, Tanaka T, Kodama T, Sladek F, Fukui K, et al. Expression of HNF-4alpha (MODY1), HNF-1beta (MODY5), and HNF-1alpha (MODY3) proteins in the developing mouse pancreas. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:96-106 pubmed..These results indicate that the expression of MODY proteins in each of the pancreatic cell types is strictly regulated in accordance with the status of differentiation during pancreatic organogenesis. ..
- Maeda T, Date A, Watanabe M, Hidaka Y, Iwatani Y, Takano T. Optimization of Recovery and Analysis of RNA in Sorted Cells in mRNA Quantification After Fluorescence-activated Cell Sorting. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:571-577 pubmed..These results suggested that among these methods, linear amplification was the most promising. ..
- Tsuda H, Yamahara K, Ishikane S, Otani K, Nakamura A, Sawai K, et al. Allogenic fetal membrane-derived mesenchymal stem cells contribute to renal repair in experimental glomerulonephritis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F1004-13 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that allogenic FM-MSC transplantation is a potent therapeutic strategy for the treatment of acute glomerulonephritis. ..
- Suzuki H, Kakutani H, Kondoh M, Watari A, Yagi K. The safety of a mucosal vaccine using the C-terminal fragment of Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin. Pharmazie. 2010;65:766-9 pubmed..C-CPE-fused OVA exhibited mucosal vaccination without mucosal injury. These findings indicate thatclaudin-4-targeting using C-CPE can be a potent strategy for mucosal vaccination. ..
- Toyosawa S, Ogawa Y, Inagaki T, Ijuhin N. Immunohistochemical localization of carbonic anhydrase isozyme II in rat incisor epithelial cells at various stages of amelogenesis. Cell Tissue Res. 1996;285:217-25 pubmed
- Okuda T, Kokame K, Miyata T. Differential expression patterns of NDRG family proteins in the central nervous system. J Histochem Cytochem. 2008;56:175-82 pubmed..These expression patterns demonstrated the cell type-specific and ubiquitous localization of the NDRG family proteins. Each NDRG may play a partially redundant role in specific cells in the brain. ..
- Kato J, Uddman R, Sundler F, Kurisu K. Immunohistochemical study of the innervation of the boundary area of the hard and soft palates of the rat. Acta Anat (Basel). 1998;163:92-8 pubmed..Many of the VIP- and c-PON-containing nerve fibers were associated with blood vessels. In addition, nerve fibers containing PGP 9.5, CGRP, SP and c-PON were observed around, and penetrating into, the taste buds in the boundary area. ..
- Katayama T, Imaizumi K, Yoneda T, Taniguchi M, Honda A, Manabe T, et al. Role of ARF4L in recycling between endosomes and the plasma membrane. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2004;24:137-47 pubmed..These findings indicate that ARF4L drive the transport of cargo protein and subsequent fusion of recycling vesicles with the plasma membrane for maintenance of the cell surface. ..
- Lazarus M, Munday C, Eguchi N, Matsumoto S, Killian G, Kubata B, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of microsomal PGE synthase-1 and cyclooxygenases in male mouse reproductive organs. Endocrinology. 2002;143:2410-9 pubmed..These results show that mPGES-1 is expressed coordinately with COX-1 and COX-2 and is involved in PGE(2) production in male genital organs. ..
- Ueda T, Oji Y, Naka N, Nakano Y, Takahashi E, Koga S, et al. Overexpression of the Wilms' tumor gene WT1 in human bone and soft-tissue sarcomas. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:271-6 pubmed
- Fujimoto T, Tanaka H, Kumamaru E, Okamura K, Miki N. Arc interacts with microtubules/microtubule-associated protein 2 and attenuates microtubule-associated protein 2 immunoreactivity in the dendrites. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:51-63 pubmed..The data suggest that Arc increased by synaptic activities would trigger dendritic remodeling by interacting with cytoskeletal proteins. ..
- Temporin K, Tanaka H, Kuroda Y, Okada K, Yachi K, Moritomo H, et al. Interleukin-1 beta promotes sensory nerve regeneration after sciatic nerve injury. Neurosci Lett. 2008;440:130-3 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that IL-1beta may contribute to sensory nerve regeneration following sciatic nerve injury by promoting axonal extension. ..
- Hisamitsu T, Ben Ammar Y, Nakamura T, Wakabayashi S. Dimerization is crucial for the function of the Na+/H+ exchanger NHE1. Biochemistry. 2006;45:13346-55 pubmed
- Sasaki J, Ishikawa K, Kobayashi K, Kondo Iida E, Fukayama M, Mizusawa H, et al. Neuronal expression of the fukutin gene. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:3083-90 pubmed..Furthermore, differences in mRNA levels among neurons in early developmental stages may partially differentiate normal and abnormal regions. ..
- Saitoh T, Satoh T, Yamamoto N, Uematsu S, Takeuchi O, Kawai T, et al. Antiviral protein Viperin promotes Toll-like receptor 7- and Toll-like receptor 9-mediated type I interferon production in plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Immunity. 2011;34:352-63 pubmed publisher..However, Viperin was dispensable for the production of type I IFN induced by intracellular nucleic acids. Thus, Viperin mediates its antiviral function via the regulation of the TLR7 and TLR9-IRAK1 signaling axis in pDCs. ..
- Beck G, Shinzawa K, Hayakawa H, Baba K, Sumi Akamaru H, Tsujimoto Y, et al. Progressive Axonal Degeneration of Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic Neurons in Calcium-Independent Phospholipase A2? Knockout Mice. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153789 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the degeneration of dopaminergic neurons occurs mainly in the distal region of axons in iPLA2?-KO mice. ..
- Ikeda J, Morii E, Kimura H, Tomita Y, Takakuwa T, Hasegawa J, et al. Epigenetic regulation of the expression of the novel stem cell marker CDCP1 in cancer cells. J Pathol. 2006;210:75-84 pubmed..These findings indicate that the expression of CDCP1 is regulated by methylation of its promoter region in tumours. CDCP1 expression may prove to be useful in the further characterization of cancers. ..
- Oneyama C, Ikeda J, Okuzaki D, Suzuki K, Kanou T, Shintani Y, et al. MicroRNA-mediated downregulation of mTOR/FGFR3 controls tumor growth induced by Src-related oncogenic pathways. Oncogene. 2011;30:3489-501 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the miR-99a-mTOR/FGFR3 pathway is crucial for controlling tumor growth in a wide range of human cancers that harbor upregulation of the Src-related oncogenic pathways. ..
- Miyagawa J, Hanafusa O, Sasada R, Yamamoto K, Igarashi K, Yamamori K, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of betacellulin, a new member of the EGF family, in normal human pancreas and islet tumor cells. Endocr J. 1999;46:755-64 pubmed..These results demonstrate the localization of BTC and its receptors, and suggest that BTC may be one of the factors that have physiologically important roles such as growth and differentiation of islet cells in the human pancreas. ..
- Huang Z, Fujiwara K, Minamide R, Hasegawa K, Yoshikawa K. Necdin controls proliferation and apoptosis of embryonic neural stem cells in an oxygen tension-dependent manner. J Neurosci. 2013;33:10362-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that oxygen tension regulates the necdin protein level in NSCs through HIF-2?-mediated proteasomal degradation to modulate their proliferation and apoptosis...
- Halder S, Takemori H, Hatano O, Nonaka Y, Wada A, Okamoto M. Cloning of a membrane-spanning protein with epidermal growth factor-like repeat motifs from adrenal glomerulosa cells. Endocrinology. 1998;139:3316-28 pubmed
- Zhang B, Tomita Y, Qiu Y, He J, Morii E, Noguchi S, et al. E74-like factor 2 regulates valosin-containing protein expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:536-41 pubmed..These findings indicate that ELF2/NERF promotes VCP transcription and that ELF2/NERF-VCP pathway might be important for cell survival and proliferation under cytokine stress. ..
- Ikeda J, Oda T, Inoue M, Uekita T, Sakai R, Okumura M, et al. Expression of CUB domain containing protein (CDCP1) is correlated with prognosis and survival of patients with adenocarcinoma of lung. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:429-33 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis revealed that only CDCP1 expression was an independent prognostic factor for both OS and DFS. CDCP1 expression level is a useful marker for prediction of patients with lung adenocarcinoma ..
- Ogawa M, Miyakawa T, Nakamura K, Kitano J, Furushima K, Kiyonari H, et al. Altered sensitivities to morphine and cocaine in scaffold protein tamalin knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14789-94 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the tamalin scaffold protein plays a unique role in both acute and adaptive behavioral responses to morphine and cocaine and could regulate common neural substrates implicated in drugs of abuse. ..
- Miyake S, Yamashita T, Taniguchi M, Tamatani M, Sato K, Kawai Y, et al. Expression of mitochondrial tricarboxylate carrier TCC mRNA and protein in the rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;100:67-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that this tricarboxylate carrier protein may contribute to biosynthesis and bioenergetics in neuronal cells in brain. ..
- Takakuwa T, Luo W, Ham M, Sakane Ishikawa F, Wada N, Aozasa K. Integration of Epstein-Barr virus into chromosome 6q15 of Burkitt lymphoma cell line (Raji) induces loss of BACH2 expression. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:967-74 pubmed..BACH2 was not expressed in the Raji cell line. Because BACH2 is a putative tumor suppressor gene, loss of its expression through EBV integration might contribute to lymphomagenesis. ..
- Gotoh H, Okumura A, Nagai K, Okumura N. Localization of phospho-tyrosine489-beta-adducin immunoreactivity in the hypothalamic tanycytes and its involvement in energy homeostasis. Brain Res. 2008;1228:97-106 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation of beta-adducin in the tanycytes is involved in hypothalamic regulation of food intake and energy homeostasis. ..
- Taira E, Kohama K, Tsukamoto Y, Okumura S, Miki N. Characterization of Gicerin/MUC18/CD146 in the rat nervous system. J Cell Physiol. 2004;198:377-87 pubmed..In addition to this, its expression in the hippocampus was increased by electroconvulsive shock, suggesting some role in the mature nervous system. And we also showed neurite promotion activity of gicerin from hippocampal neurons. ..
- Makino T, Yamasaki M, Takeno A, Shirakawa M, Miyata H, Takiguchi S, et al. Cytokeratins 18 and 8 are poor prognostic markers in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the oesophagus. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1298-306 pubmed publisher..045). CK18/CK8 expression correlated with progression of OSCC. The significant correlation with prognosis and stable expression in biopsy specimen suggest usefulness of CK18 in selection of treatment strategies for OSCC. ..
- Tokugawa Y, Kunishige I, Kubota Y, Shimoya K, Nobunaga T, Kimura T, et al. Lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase in human male reproductive organs and seminal plasma. Biol Reprod. 1998;58:600-7 pubmed..Through immunohistochemistry, PGDS was localized in Leydig cells of the testis and in epithelial cells of the prostate and ductus epididymidis. ..
- Yamada K, Matsuzaki S, Hattori T, Kuwahara R, Taniguchi M, Hashimoto H, et al. Increased stathmin1 expression in the dentate gyrus of mice causes abnormal axonal arborizations. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8596 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that up-regulation of stathmin1 in the dentate gyrus, secondary to PACAP deficiency, may create abnormal neuronal circuits that cause abnormal behavior. ..
- Ohsawa Y, Zhang G, Kametaka S, Shibata M, Koike M, Waguri S, et al. Purification, cDNA cloning, and secretory properties of FLRG protein from PC12 cells and the distribution of FLRG mRNA and protein in rat tissues. Arch Histol Cytol. 2003;66:367-81 pubmed
- Kinoshita K, Isozaki K, Hirota S, Nishida T, Chen H, Nakahara M, et al. c-kit gene mutation at exon 17 or 13 is very rare in sporadic gastrointestinal stromal tumors. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003;18:147-51 pubmed..The GIST with the mutation at exon 13 was large and showed frequent mitosis, and the patient died of the recurrent GIST 3 years after the first operation. The mutation at exons 17 or 13 was considered to be very rare in sporadic GIST. ..
- Tomimaru Y, Eguchi H, Nagano H, Wada H, Tomokuni A, Kobayashi S, et al. MicroRNA-21 induces resistance to the anti-tumour effect of interferon-?/5-fluorouracil in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:1617-26 pubmed publisher..This suggests that miR-21 is a potentially suitable marker for the prediction of the clinical response to the IFN-?/5-FU combination therapy. ..
- Yamamoto K, Matsuoka T, Kawashima S, Takebe S, Kubo F, Kubo N, et al. A novel function of Onecut1 protein as a negative regulator of MafA gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21648-58 pubmed publisher..This study implicates the novel role of Onecut1 in the control of normal ? cell differentiation and its involvement in ? cell dysfunction under diabetic conditions by suppressing MafA gene expression. ..
- Hiraga S, Hagihara Hayashi A, Ohya T, Sugino A. DNA polymerases alpha, delta, and epsilon localize and function together at replication forks in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2005;10:297-309 pubmed..These data collectively suggest that bidirectional replication occurs at specific foci in yeast chromosomes and that pol alpha, -delta, and -epsilon localize and function together at multiple replication forks during S phase. ..
- Ikenaka K, Miyata S, Mori Y, Koyama Y, Taneda T, Okuda H, et al. Immunohistochemical and western analyses of protein arginine N-methyltransferase 3 in the mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2006;141:1971-82 pubmed..These findings indicate that PRMT3 is related with neuronal function in both young and adult brains, while PRMT1 has roles in the immature brain, such as the formation of neural circuits. ..
- Heese K, Nakayama T, Hata R, Masumura M, Akatsu H, Li F, et al. Characterizing CGI-94 (comparative gene identification-94) which is down-regulated in the hippocampus of early stage Alzheimer's disease brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;15:79-86 pubmed..In conclusion, the expression of the nucleolar phosphoprotein CGI-94 appears to be disturbed in early processes of neuronal degeneration. ..
- Ch ng E, Tomita Y, Zhang B, He J, Hoshida Y, Qiu Y, et al. Prognostic significance of CD100 expression in soft tissue sarcoma. Cancer. 2007;110:164-72 pubmed..05). The results from this study indicated the demonstrated prognostic significance of CD100 expression in STS. ..
- Yagita Y, Kitagawa K, Sasaki T, Terasaki Y, Todo K, Omura Matsuoka E, et al. Rho-kinase activation in endothelial cells contributes to expansion of infarction after focal cerebral ischemia. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2460-9 pubmed..The vascular protective effect of Rho-kinase inhibitors may be useful in the treatment of the acute phase of ischemic stroke. ..
- Uematsu S, Fujimoto K, Jang M, Yang B, Jung Y, Nishiyama M, et al. Regulation of humoral and cellular gut immunity by lamina propria dendritic cells expressing Toll-like receptor 5. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:769-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate unique properties of LPDCs and the importance of TLR5 for adaptive immunity in the intestine. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Miyagawa Y, Tokuhiro K, Kitamura K, Iguchi N, Maekawa M, et al. Isolation and characterization of the spermatid-specific Smrp1 gene encoding a novel manchette protein. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:967-75 pubmed publisher..This localization pattern coincided with that of the manchette. SMRP1 may play an important role as a functional protein that co-operates with manchette proteins. ..
- Hashikawa T, Takedachi M, Terakura M, Saho T, Yamada S, Thompson L, et al. Involvement of CD73 (ecto-5'-nucleotidase) in adenosine generation by human gingival fibroblasts. J Dent Res. 2003;82:888-92 pubmed..These results suggest that CD73 on HGF is a critical enzyme responsible for the generation of adenosine, an immunomodulator that activates adenosine receptors. ..
- Oono K, Yoneda T, Manabe T, Yamagishi S, Matsuda S, Hitomi J, et al. JAB1 participates in unfolded protein responses by association and dissociation with IRE1. Neurochem Int. 2004;45:765-72 pubmed..These results suggested that JAB1 may act as a key molecule in selecting the UPR or cell death by association and dissociation with IRE1alpha. ..
- Inanobe A, Fujita A, Ito M, Tomoike H, Inageda K, Kurachi Y. Inward rectifier K+ channel Kir2.3 is localized at the postsynaptic membrane of excitatory synapses. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;282:C1396-403 pubmed..Therefore, the Kir channel may be involved in formation of the resting membrane potential of the spines and, thus, would affect the response of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor channels at the excitatory postsynaptic membrane. ..
- Toyosawa S, Yuki M, Kishino M, Ogawa Y, Ueda T, Murakami S, et al. Ossifying fibroma vs fibrous dysplasia of the jaw: molecular and immunological characterization. Mod Pathol. 2007;20:389-96 pubmed..Furthermore, PCR analysis with PNA for GNAS mutations at the Arg(201) codon is a useful method to differentiate between fibrous dysplasia and ossifying fibroma...
- Nagahama Y, Ueno M, Haraguchi N, Mori M, Takakura N. PSF3 marks malignant colon cancer and has a role in cancer cell proliferation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:150-4 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PSF3 is a potential biomarker for diagnosis of progression in colon cancer and could be a new target for cancer therapy. ..
- Tomimaru Y, Eguchi H, Wada H, Noda T, Murakami M, Kobayashi S, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 7 alters the sensitivity to interferon-based anticancer therapy in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:1483-90 pubmed publisher..In resected specimens, IGFBP7 expression significantly correlated with the response to IFN-alpha/5-FU therapy. IGFBP7 could be a useful predictor of the response to IFN-based therapy in advanced HCC. ..
- Komura N, Maeda N, Mori T, Kihara S, Nakatsuji H, Hirata A, et al. Adiponectin protein exists in aortic endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71271 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin protein exists in aortic endothelium under steady state and may protect vasculature from the initiation of atherosclerosis. ..
- Yamada S, Ozawa Y, Tomoeda M, Matoba R, Matsubara K, Murakami S. Regulation of PLAP-1 expression in periodontal ligament cells. J Dent Res. 2006;85:447-51 pubmed..These results revealed the cytokine-mediated regulatory mechanisms of PLAP-1 expression and suggested that PLAP-1 expression may be associated with the process of cytodifferentiation of PDL cells. ..
- Nakano K, Wada K, Nomura R, Nemoto H, Inaba H, Kojima A, et al. Characterization of aortic aneurysms in cardiovascular disease patients harboring Porphyromonas gingivalis. Oral Dis. 2011;17:370-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that aortic aneurysms in patients harboring oral P. gingivalis have greater expression of S100A9 and proliferative smooth muscle cells, which was different from the present patients without oral P. gingivalis. ..
- Takeuchi D, Sato N, Shimamura M, Kurinami H, Takeda S, Shinohara M, et al. Alleviation of Abeta-induced cognitive impairment by ultrasound-mediated gene transfer of HGF in a mouse model. Gene Ther. 2008;15:561-71 pubmed publisher..A pharmacological approach including gene therapy to increase the HGF level in combination with anti-Abeta therapy might be a new therapeutic option for the treatment of AD. ..
- Mizuno S, Yue B, Okamoto M, Horikawa Y, Kurosawa T. Diffuse glomerulosclerosis without tubular injury does not directly manifest renal dysfunction in nephrotic mice (ICGN strain). Exp Nephrol. 1997;5:498-507 pubmed..Our model, an experimental analogue of human chronic renal disease, clearly demonstrates that glomerulosclerosis is not always a direct determinant for renal dysfunction. ..
- Yagi R, Waguri S, Sumikawa Y, Nada S, Oneyama C, Itami S, et al. C-terminal Src kinase controls development and maintenance of mouse squamous epithelia. EMBO J. 2007;26:1234-44 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that the Src/Csk circuit plays crucial roles in development and maintenance of epithelia by controlling cytoskeletal organization as well as phenotypic conversion linked to inflammatory events. ..
- Katakami N, Kaneto H, Hao H, Umayahara Y, Fujitani Y, Sakamoto K, et al. Role of pim-1 in smooth muscle cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54742-9 pubmed
- Yamada S, Tomoeda M, Ozawa Y, Yoneda S, Terashima Y, Ikezawa K, et al. PLAP-1/asporin, a novel negative regulator of periodontal ligament mineralization. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23070-80 pubmed
- Kohara K, Kitamura A, Adachi N, Nishida M, Itami C, Nakamura S, et al. Inhibitory but not excitatory cortical neurons require presynaptic brain-derived neurotrophic factor for dendritic development, as revealed by chimera cell culture. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6123-31 pubmed
- Hamano R, Miyata H, Yamasaki M, Sugimura K, Tanaka K, Kurokawa Y, et al. High expression of Lin28 is associated with tumour aggressiveness and poor prognosis of patients in oesophagus cancer. Br J Cancer. 2012;106:1415-23 pubmed publisher..High expression of Lin28 is associated with poor prognosis and high tumour aggressiveness in oesophageal cancer and these effects are mediated through increased proliferation and invasiveness of oesophageal cancer cells. ..
- Miyatsuka T, Kaneto H, Kajimoto Y, Hirota S, Arakawa Y, Fujitani Y, et al. Ectopically expressed PDX-1 in liver initiates endocrine and exocrine pancreas differentiation but causes dysmorphogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:1017-25 pubmed..The conditional PDX-1 transgenic mouse system developed in this study appeared to be useful for efficient screening of PDX-1 responsive somatic tissues and cells. ..
- Kato T, Kurosawa T, Taketo M. Proteinuria-induced chronic kidney disease in the ICGN/Oa mice with a mutation of Tensin2 gene. Ren Fail. 2009;31:229-38 pubmed publisher..Tubulointerstitial fibrosis precedes TEC apoptosis in the proteinuria-induced CKD model mice, and that tubulointerstitial fibrosis may be the triggering event of the disease. ..
- Miyoshi N, Ishii H, Mimori K, Takatsuno Y, Kim H, Hirose H, et al. Abnormal expression of TRIB3 in colorectal cancer: a novel marker for prognosis. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1664-70 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest the usefulness of TRIB3 as a marker for predicting the prognosis of CRC patients, showing a basis for the development of effective treatments for CRC. ..
- Taniguchi R, Shi L, Honma S, Fujii M, Ueda K, El Sharaby A, et al. Localization of Ulex europaeus agglutinin-I (UEA-I) in the developing gustatory epithelium of the rat. Arch Histol Cytol. 2004;67:187-93 pubmed..The present results indicate that UEA-I is a specific lectin for the intragemmal cells of both immature and mature taste buds and, thus, UEA-I can be used as a reliable marker for all taste buds in the rat...
- Takeda T, Asahi M, Yamaguchi O, Hikoso S, Nakayama H, Kusakari Y, et al. Presenilin 2 regulates the systolic function of heart by modulating Ca2+ signaling. FASEB J. 2005;19:2069-71 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that PS2 plays an important role in cardiac excitation-contraction coupling by interacting with RyR2. ..
- Chen M, Kakutani M, Minami M, Kataoka H, Kume N, Narumiya S, et al. Increased expression of lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor-1 in initial atherosclerotic lesions of Watanabe heritable hyperlipidemic rabbits. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:1107-15 pubmed..Taken together, these findings support the possibility that LOX-1 might be involved in the initiation of atherosclerosis...
- Imura Y, Naka N, Outani H, Yasui H, Takenaka S, Hamada K, et al. A novel angiomatoid epithelioid sarcoma cell line, Asra-EPS, forming tumors with large cysts containing hemorrhagic fluid in vivo. BMC Res Notes. 2013;6:305 pubmed publisher..The established cell line represents a biologically relevant new tool to investigate the molecular pathology of human angiomatoid ES and to evaluate the efficacy of novel therapeutics both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Sato H, Fukutani Y, Yamamoto Y, Tatara E, Takemoto M, Shimamura K, et al. Thalamus-derived molecules promote survival and dendritic growth of developing cortical neurons. J Neurosci. 2012;32:15388-402 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the thalamus-specific molecules NRN1 and VGF play an important role in the dendritic growth and survival of cortical neurons in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Murayama Y, Miyagawa J, Shinomura Y, Kanayama S, Isozaki K, Yamamori K, et al. Significance of the association between heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor and CD9 in human gastric cancer. Int J Cancer. 2002;98:505-13 pubmed..These results indicate that the coexpression of proHB-EGF and CD9 may be involved in the tumorigenesis and/or proliferation of gastric cancers in a juxtacrine manner. ..
- Morishita H, Murata Y, Esumi S, Hamada S, Yagi T. CNR/Pcdhalpha family in subplate neurons, and developing cortical connectivity. Neuroreport. 2004;15:2595-9 pubmed..This pattern of CNR/Pcdhalpha expression suggests its involvement in the development of neocortical connectivity. ..
- Tadokoro Y, Yomogida K, Ohta H, Tohda A, Nishimune Y. Homeostatic regulation of germinal stem cell proliferation by the GDNF/FSH pathway. Mech Dev. 2002;113:29-39 pubmed..These results suggest that in mammalian testes, GSC proliferation and population size are regulated homeostatically by the GDNF/FSH pathway. ..
- Inoue K, Matsui I, Hamano T, Fujii N, Shimomura A, Nakano C, et al. Maxacalcitol ameliorates tubulointerstitial fibrosis in obstructed kidneys by recruiting PPM1A/VDR complex to pSmad3. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1686-97 pubmed publisher..This recruitment promoted the dephosphorylation of pSmad3 and attenuated the pSmad3-dependent production of TGF-?1. Our findings provide a novel approach to inhibit the TGF-? pathway in fibrotic diseases. ..
- Miyata S, Koyama Y, Takemoto K, Yoshikawa K, Ishikawa T, Taniguchi M, et al. Plasma corticosterone activates SGK1 and induces morphological changes in oligodendrocytes in corpus callosum. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19859 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly suggest that these abnornalities of oligodendrocytes are possibly related to depression-like symptoms. ..
- Yoshida K, Nakamura H, Okuda Y, Enomoto H, Kishima Y, Uyama H, et al. Expression of hepatoma-derived growth factor in hepatocarcinogenesis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003;18:1293-301 pubmed..The present findings suggest that HDGF plays an important role in the development or progression of HCC in humans and rodents. ..
- Okuda Y, Nakamura H, Yoshida K, Enomoto H, Uyama H, Hirotani T, et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor induces tumorigenesis in vivo through both direct angiogenic activity and induction of vascular endothelial growth factor. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:1034-41 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggested that HDGF-induced tumor formation in vivo involves induction of VEGF as well as direct angiogenic activity. ..
- Konno D, Yoshimura S, Hori K, Maruoka H, Sobue K. Involvement of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/rac1 and cdc42 pathways in radial migration of cortical neurons. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5082-8 pubmed..These results suggest that both the PI 3-kinase/Rac1 and Cdc42 pathways are involved in the radial migration of cortical neurons and that they have different roles. ..
- Hattori T, Baba K, Matsuzaki S, Honda A, Miyoshi K, Inoue K, et al. A novel DISC1-interacting partner DISC1-Binding Zinc-finger protein: implication in the modulation of DISC1-dependent neurite outgrowth. Mol Psychiatry. 2007;12:398-407 pubmed..The present results provide some new molecular insights into the mechanisms of neuronal development and neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Sakata M, Yamaguchi M, Imai T, Tadokoro C, Yoshimoto Y, Oka Y, et al. 8-Bromo-cAMP inhibits glucose transport activity in mouse placental cells in culture. J Endocrinol. 1996;150:319-27 pubmed..These findings suggest that 8-bromo-cAMP inhibits glucose transport activity in mouse placental cells in culture. ..