Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Publications722 found, 100 shown here
- Nohara K, Tachimura T, Wada T. Prediction of deterioration of velopharyngeal function associated with maxillary advancement using electromyography of levator veli palatini muscle. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2006;43:174-8 pubmed..The purpose of the present study was to examine the possibility that postoperative velopharyngeal function following maxillary advancement could be predicted using preoperative electromyography of the levator veli palatini...
- Xu C, Sakai N, Taniike M, Inui K, Ozono K. Six novel mutations detected in the GALC gene in 17 Japanese patients with Krabbe disease, and new genotype-phenotype correlation. J Hum Genet. 2006;51:548-54 pubmed..I66M+I289M, G270D, and L618S contributed to a mild phenotype. Screening for these mutations may provide an effective method with which to predict the clinical phenotype. ..
- Nonomura N, Tokizane T, Nakayama M, Inoue H, Nishimura K, Muramatsu M, et al. Possible correlation between polymorphism in the tumor necrosis factor-beta gene and the clinicopathological features of bladder cancer in Japanese patients. Int J Urol. 2006;13:971-6 pubmed..This polymorphism in the TNF-beta gene appears to be associated with tumor occurrence and disease status, such as the tumor grade and the presence of CIS. Further study with an increased sample size is warranted. ..
- Tsujimae K, Murakami S, Kurachi Y. In silico study on the effects of IKur block kinetics on prolongation of human action potential after atrial fibrillation-induced electrical remodeling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H793-800 pubmed..This modeling study suggests that a simple voltage-clamp protocol with a short pulse of approximately 10 ms at 1 Hz may be useful to identify the effective anti-AF drugs among various I(Kur) blockers. ..
- Moriguchi N, Sato A, Kimura M, Shibata T, Yoneda Y. [A historical review of the therapeutic use of wood creosote based on its botanical origin]. Yakushigaku Zasshi. 2007;42:110-8 pubmed..Furthermore, we could demonstrate the importance of differentiating between wood creosote and coal tar creosote, which is clearly stipulated by Japanese Pharmacopoeia. ..
- Niizuma S, Iwanaga Y, Yahata T, Goto Y, Kita T, Miyazaki S, et al. Plasma B-type natriuretic peptide levels reflect the presence and severity of stable coronary artery disease in chronic haemodialysis patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:597-603 pubmed publisher..01). These results suggest that the presence and severity of stable CAD determine plasma BNP levels in chronic HD patients. Plasma BNP levels may be a useful marker in the management of HD patients. ..
- Kamide K, Yang J, Matayoshi T, Takiuchi S, Horio T, Yoshii M, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of L-type calcium channel alpha1C and alpha1D subunit genes are associated with sensitivity to the antihypertensive effects of L-type dihydropyridine calcium-channel blockers. Circ J. 2009;73:732-40 pubmed..The BP reduction by L-type dCCBs might be predicted by evaluating these polymorphisms. ..
- Iwai S, Yonekawa A, Harada C, Hamada M, Katagiri W, Nakazawa M, et al. Involvement of the Wnt-?-catenin pathway in invasion and migration of oral squamous carcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:1095-103 pubmed..This would enhance the invasion and migration of oral SCC cells. ..
- Miyazaki S, Yoshitani K, Miura N, Irie T, Inatomi Y, Ohnishi Y, et al. Risk factors of stroke and delirium after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2011;12:379-83 pubmed publisher..In contrast, age over 75 years (P=0.006), creatinine >1.3 mg/dl (99 ?mol/l) (P=0.011), a history of hypertension (P=0.001), past history of AF (P=0.024), and smoking (P=0.048) were significant risk factors of postoperative delirium. ..
- Yamada D, Kobayashi S, Yamamoto H, Tomimaru Y, Noda T, Uemura M, et al. Role of the hypoxia-related gene, JMJD1A, in hepatocellular carcinoma: clinical impact on recurrence after hepatic resection. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19 Suppl 3:S355-64 pubmed publisher..Jumonji domain containing 1A is a useful prognostic marker and may ameliorate malignant transformation in hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Nomura R, Nakano K, Naka S, Nemoto H, Masuda K, Lapirattanakul J, et al. Identification and characterization of a collagen-binding protein, Cbm, in Streptococcus mutans. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2012;27:308-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cbm as well as Cnm are major cell surface proteins of S. mutans associated with binding to type I collagen and predominantly identified in serotype k strains...
- Oya R, Horii A, Akazawa H, Osaki Y, Inohara H. Prognostic predictors of sudden sensorineural hearing loss in defibrinogenation therapy. Acta Otolaryngol. 2016;136:271-6 pubmed publisher..Responses of several fibrinolysis markers to defibrinogenation therapy evaluated by post-/pre-values were negatively correlated with hearing improvement. ..
- Sakai R, Maeda A, Matsuura R, Eguchi H, Lo P, Hasuwa H, et al. Expression of a Synthetic Gene of CTDM by Transgenic Animals. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1279-81 pubmed publisher..6. A naive control mouse was also analyzed in the exact manner as for the transgenic mice. A synthetic CTDM gene with codon usage optimized to the mammalian system represents a critical factor in the development of transgenic animals. ..
- Juri H, Tsuboyama T, Koyama M, Yamamoto K, Nakai G, Nakamoto A, et al. Assessment of the ability of CT urography with low-dose multi-phasic excretory phases for opacification of the urinary system. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174800 pubmed publisher..Although multi-phasic acquisition of excretory phases is effective at improving opacification of the upper urinary tracts, complete opacification is difficult even with tri-phasic acquisition. ..
- Aoki S, Chen Z, Higasiyama K, Setiawan A, Akiyama S, Kobayashi M. Reversing effect of agosterol A, a spongean sterol acetate, on multidrug resistance in human carcinoma cells. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2001;92:886-95 pubmed..We conclude that agosterol A directly inhibited drug efflux through P-gp and/or MRP1...
- Ziani Cherif H, Abe Y, Imachi K, Matsuda T. Visible-light-induced surface graft polymerization via camphorquinone impregnation technique. J Biomed Mater Res. 2002;59:386-9 pubmed..The simple and widespread applicability of this surface modification technique to biomedical devices is discussed. ..
- Yasuda T, Kajimoto Y, Fujitani Y, Watada H, Yamamoto S, Watarai T, et al. PAX6 mutation as a genetic factor common to aniridia and glucose intolerance. Diabetes. 2002;51:224-30 pubmed..Taken together, our present observations suggest that heterozygous mutations in the PAX6 gene can induce eye anomaly and glucose intolerance in individuals harboring these mutations. ..
- Ibrahim M, Watanabe M, Palacios J, Kamitani W, Komoto S, Kobayashi T, et al. Varied persistent life cycles of Borna disease virus in a human oligodendroglioma cell line. J Virol. 2002;76:3873-80 pubmed..Thus, our findings show that BDV may have established a persistent infection at low levels of viral expression in OL cells with the possibility of a latent infection. ..
- Ohta N, Hiroi T, Kweon M, Kinoshita N, Jang M, Mashimo T, et al. IL-15-dependent activation-induced cell death-resistant Th1 type CD8 alpha beta+NK1.1+ T cells for the development of small intestinal inflammation. J Immunol. 2002;169:460-8 pubmed..The model may contribute to understanding the role of CD8(+) T cells in human Crohn's disease involving the SI. ..
- Uejima E, Takahashi K, Morisaki T, Takahashi K, Ohno M, Nishida Y, et al. Microsomal enzyme induction and clinical aggravation of porphyria: the evaluation of human urinary 6beta-hydroxycortisol/cortisol ratio as the index of hepatic CYP3A4 activity. J Clin Pharmacol. 2002;42:1374-9 pubmed..This is the first report of evaluating the urinary 6beta-hydroxycortisol/cortisol ratio in a case of porphyria. ..
- Takehara T, Takahashi H. Suppression of Bcl-xL deamidation in human hepatocellular carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3054-7 pubmed..Thus, suppression of Bcl-xL deamidation may play a critical role in the regulation of cell death by apoptosis. ..
- Kakimoto N, Inoue T, Inoue T, Murakami S, Furukawa S, Yoshida K, et al. Results of low- and high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy for T3 mobile tongue cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2003;68:123-8 pubmed..To evaluate the treatment results of low-dose-rate (LDR) and high-dose-rate (HDR) interstitial brachytherapy (ISBT) for T3 mobile tongue cancer...
- Ohata T, Miyamoto Y, Takahashi T, Ichikawa H, Kagisaki K, Matsuda H. Sinus of valsalva aneurysm with congenital aortic stenosis and aortic coarctation. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2004;12:75-7 pubmed..The first operation consisted of a bypass graft to correct the coarctation. The second, performed 31 days later, included aortic valve replacement, patch closure of the aneurysm, and translocation of the right coronary artery. ..
- Min L, Takemori H, Nonaka Y, Katoh Y, Doi J, Horike N, et al. Characterization of the adrenal-specific antigen IZA (inner zone antigen) and its role in the steroidogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;215:143-8 pubmed..Taken together, the available evidence suggests that IZA may have an important role in the functions of the adrenal zona fasciculata and reticularis. ..
- Aleshin A, Sawa Y, Kitagawa Sakakida S, Bando Y, Ono M, Memon I, et al. 150-kDa oxygen-regulated protein attenuates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in rat heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;38:517-25 pubmed..Our results indicated cytoprotective roles for ORP150 in rat heart and suggested a therapeutic role for the protein both in preventing cardiomyocyte death and in preserving contractile function after ischemic damage. ..
- Noda T, Shimizu W, Taguchi A, Aiba T, Satomi K, Suyama K, et al. Malignant entity of idiopathic ventricular fibrillation and polymorphic ventricular tachycardia initiated by premature extrasystoles originating from the right ventricular outflow tract. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005;46:1288-94 pubmed..Radiofrequency catheter ablation was effective as a treatment option for this entity. ..
- Tsuboi H, Udagawa N, Hashimoto J, Yoshikawa H, Takahashi N, Ochi T. Nurse-like cells from patients with rheumatoid arthritis support the survival of osteoclast precursors via macrophage colony-stimulating factor production. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:3819-28 pubmed..Our findings suggest that NLCs are involved in RA-induced bone destruction by maintaining osteoclast precursors via production of M-CSF. ..
- Nakahira S, Nakamori S, Tsujie M, Takahashi Y, Okami J, Yoshioka S, et al. Involvement of ribonucleotide reductase M1 subunit overexpression in gemcitabine resistance of human pancreatic cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:1355-63 pubmed..016). RRM1 should be a key molecule in gemcitabine resistance in human pancreatic cancer through both in vitro and clinical models. RRM1 may have the potential as predictor and modulator of gemcitabine treatment. ..
- Saijo M, Hirai T, Ogawa A, Kobayashi A, Kamiuchi S, Tanaka K. Functional TFIIH is required for UV-induced translocation of CSA to the nuclear matrix. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2538-47 pubmed..These results suggest that alterations of chromatin at the RNA polymerase II stall site, which depend on CSB and TFIIH at least, are necessary for the UV-induced translocation of CSA to the nuclear matrix. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Miyagawa Y, Tokuhiro K, Kitamura K, Iguchi N, Maekawa M, et al. Isolation and characterization of the spermatid-specific Smrp1 gene encoding a novel manchette protein. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:967-75 pubmed publisher..This localization pattern coincided with that of the manchette. SMRP1 may play an important role as a functional protein that co-operates with manchette proteins. ..
- Kawano Y, Sato Y, Yoshinaga K. A randomized trial of the effect of an angiotensin II receptor blocker SR47436 (irbesartan) on 24-hour blood pressure in patients with essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2008;31:1753-63 pubmed publisher..The results showed that irbesartan administered 100 mg once daily was well tolerated in the treatment of essential hypertension and was effective in producing sustained 24-h BP control. ..
- Hayashihara K, Uchiyama S, Shimamoto S, Kobayashi S, Tomschik M, Wakamatsu H, et al. The middle region of an HP1-binding protein, HP1-BP74, associates with linker DNA at the entry/exit site of nucleosomal DNA. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6498-507 pubmed publisher..Thus, we discovered that HP1-BP74 directly binds to HP1, and its middle region associates with linker DNA at the entry/exit site of nucleosomal DNA in vitro. ..
- Kobayashi S, Fukuhara A, Taguchi T, Matsuda M, Tochino Y, Otsuki M, et al. Identification of a new secretory factor, CCDC3/Favine, in adipocytes and endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:29-35 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CCDC3 is a protein secreted by adipocytes and endothelial cells, and that its level is regulated both hormonally and nutritionally. ..
- Yamasaki D, Kawabe N, Nakamura H, Tachibana K, Ishimoto K, Tanaka T, et al. Fenofibrate suppresses growth of the human hepatocellular carcinoma cell via PPAR?-independent mechanisms. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:657-64 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that fenofibrate inhibits the proliferation of Huh7 cells by blocking Akt activation, and that CTMP is one of the key players for this antiproliferative property of fenofibrate in Huh7 cells. ..
- Nagase S, Kohguchi K, Tohyama K, Watanabe M, Iwatani Y. Interference by pralidoxime (PAM) salts in clinical laboratory tests. Clin Chim Acta. 2013;416:72-9 pubmed publisher..PAM iodide increases the GLU values measured by the enzyme electrode method, and PAM salts affected the values measured at 340 nm by absorption spectrophotometry in many other clinical test items. ..
- Misumi Y, Hoashi T, Kagisaki K, Ichikawa H. Advancing cor triatriatum in Fontan circulation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013;95:1450-2 pubmed publisher..An abnormal septum in the left atrium was surgically resected through a left-side right atriotomy. Postoperative echocardiography showed no accelerated blood flow in the left atrium. ..
- Okuno H, Nagai T, Mohri I, Yoshizaki A, Yamamoto T, Sakai S, et al. [Effectiveness of a modified parent training of smaller groups and shorter schedules for children with pervasive developmental disorders]. No To Hattatsu. 2013;45:26-32 pubmed..About KJ methods, six factors that change of mothers recognition were identified. Our findings provides additional evidence for the usefulness of PTSS for children with PDD. ..
- Ichijo T, Hieda H, Ishihara R, Yamaguchi N, Nasu M. Bacterial monitoring with adhesive sheet in the international space station-"Kibo", the Japanese experiment module. Microbes Environ. 2013;28:264-8 pubmed..To ensure crew safety and understand bacterial dynamics in space habitation environments, continuous bacterial monitoring in Kibo is required. ..
- Mukae N, Enari M, Sakahira H, Fukuda Y, Inazawa J, Toh H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of human caspase-activated DNase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:9123-8 pubmed..Overexpression of CAD potentiated DNA fragmentation by apoptotic stimuli in these cell lines, indicating that CAD is responsible for the apoptotic DNA degradation. ..
- Ogawa H, Murayama A, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. Regulation of myeloid zinc finger protein 2A transactivation activity through phosphorylation by mitogen-activated protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2921-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that MZF-2A is a novel target for the ERK and p38 MAP kinase signaling pathways, and its transactivation activity is negatively regulated by MAP kinase-mediated phosphorylation of the TAD. ..
- Obata A, Morimoto K, Sato H, Maki A, Koizumi H. Acute effects of alcohol on hemodynamic changes during visual stimulation assessed using 24-channel near-infrared spectroscopy. Psychiatry Res. 2003;123:145-52 pubmed..Alcohol intake does not significantly affect hemodynamic changes caused by visual stimulation in the visual cortex. ..
- Nakatsuka S, Liu A, Dong Z, Nomura S, Takakuwa T, Miyazato H, et al. Simian virus 40 sequences in malignant lymphomas in Japan. Cancer Res. 2003;63:7606-8 pubmed..SV40 is a new candidate etiologic factor for malignant lymphoma not only in the United States but also in Japan. ..
- Nishii T, Tanaka H, Sugano N, Miki H, Takao M, Yoshikawa H. Disorders of acetabular labrum and articular cartilage in hip dysplasia: evaluation using isotropic high-resolutional CT arthrography with sequential radial reformation. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2007;15:251-7 pubmed..Our findings indicated that labral tear is closely associated with adjacent cartilage disorder in hip dysplasia. ..
- Enomoto K, Nakamichi I, Hamada K, Inoue A, Higuchi I, Sekimoto M, et al. Unicentric and multicentric Castleman's disease. Br J Radiol. 2007;80:e24-6 pubmed..We demonstrate that the use of 18F-FDG PET for the detection and monitoring of patients with CD, especially multicentric CD, would be effective. ..
- Yahata K, Maeshima K, Sone T, Ando T, Okabe M, Imamoto N, et al. cHS4 insulator-mediated alleviation of promoter interference during cell-based expression of tandemly associated transgenes. J Mol Biol. 2007;374:580-90 pubmed
- Oshima Y, Shima C, Maeda N, Tano Y. Chandelier retroillumination-assisted torsional oscillation for cataract surgery in patients with severe corneal opacity. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007;33:2018-22 pubmed..After the chandelier fiber is removed at the end of surgery, the 25-gauge incision self-seals. This technique is safe and provides excellent visualization during cataract surgery in patients with severe corneal opacities...
- Uchiyama Y, Shibata M, Koike M, Yoshimura K, Sasaki M. Autophagy-physiology and pathophysiology. Histochem Cell Biol. 2008;129:407-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, recent genetic studies have shown that autophagy is involved in various cellular functions. In this review, we introduce physiological and pathophysiological roles of autophagy. ..
- Teshima T, Numasaki H, Shibuya H, Nishio M, Ikeda H, Ito H, et al. Japanese structure survey of radiation oncology in 2005 based on institutional stratification of patterns of care study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008;72:144-52 pubmed publisher..These constitute the targets for nationwide improvement in quality assurance and quality control. ..
- Shiraya S, Miyake T, Aoki M, Yoshikazu F, Ohgi S, Nishimura M, et al. Inhibition of development of experimental aortic abdominal aneurysm in rat model by atorvastatin through inhibition of macrophage migration. Atherosclerosis. 2009;202:34-40 pubmed publisher..This study suggests new therapeutic aspects of statins to inhibit the progression of aneurysms. ..
- Okauchi Y, Iwahashi H, Okita K, Yuan M, Matsuda M, Tanaka T, et al. PGC-1alpha Gly482Ser polymorphism is associated with the plasma adiponectin level in type 2 diabetic men. Endocr J. 2008;55:991-7 pubmed..Therefore the observed gender-specific association between PGC-1alpha and the plasma adiponectin level may reflect linkage disequilibrium of Gly482Ser polymorphism with other causative variations. ..
- Ishii H, Iwatsuki M, Ieta K, Ohta D, Haraguchi N, Mimori K, et al. Cancer stem cells and chemoradiation resistance. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:1871-7 pubmed publisher..In this review article, we report on recent findings regarding the involvement of CSCs in chemoradiation resistance and provide new insights into their therapeutic implications in cancer. ..
- Kubota K, Kumamoto N, Matsuzaki S, Hashimoto R, Hattori T, Okuda H, et al. Dysbindin engages in c-Jun N-terminal kinase activity and cytoskeletal organization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:191-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that dysbindin plays a key role in coordinating JNK signaling and actin cytoskeleton required for neural development. ..
- Ohta H, Hashii Y, Yoneda A, Takizawa S, Kusuki S, Tokimasa S, et al. WT1 (Wilms tumor 1) peptide immunotherapy for childhood rhabdomyosarcoma: a case report. Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2009;26:74-83 pubmed publisher..She is currently still on continued WT1 peptide immunotherapy in a disease-free condition for 22 months. WT1 peptide-based immunotherapy should be a promising option for high-risk rhabdomyosarcoma in childhood. ..
- Kosaki R, Maeda N, Hayashi H, Fujikado T, Okamoto S. Effect of NIDEK optimized aspheric transition zone ablation profile on higher order aberrations during LASIK for myopia. J Refract Surg. 2009;25:331-8 pubmed..However, a study with equivalent treatment groups and larger sample sizes is required for a definitive conclusion. ..
- Nonomura N, Nagahara A, Oka D, Mukai M, Nakai Y, Nakayama M, et al. Brain metastases from testicular germ cell tumors: a retrospective analysis. Int J Urol. 2009;16:887-93 pubmed publisher..Testicular germ cell tumors with brain metastases can be managed with the combination of whole-brain radiotherapy, stereotactic radiotherapy, and/or surgical resection in combination with chemotherapy. ..
- Miyagawa S, Takeishi S, Yamamoto A, Ikeda K, Matsunari H, Yamada M, et al. Survey of glycoantigens in cells from alpha1-3galactosyltransferase knockout pig using a lectin microarray. Xenotransplantation. 2010;17:61-70 pubmed publisher..It is possible that the T-antigen and Tn-antigen related to GalNAc are non-Gal antigens, but, fortunately, not only alpha-Gal but also GalNAc were found to be decreased in the KO-pig. ..
- Kimura H, Hayashi Takanaka Y, Yamagata K. Visualization of DNA methylation and histone modifications in living cells. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2010;22:412-8 pubmed publisher..These visualization techniques will facilitate future studies on epigenetic regulation related to development, differentiation, and disease. ..
- Shimizu S, Takehara T, Hikita H, Kodama T, Miyagi T, Hosui A, et al. The let-7 family of microRNAs inhibits Bcl-xL expression and potentiates sorafenib-induced apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2010;52:698-704 pubmed publisher..let-7 microRNAs negatively regulate Bcl-xL expression in human hepatocellular carcinomas and induce apoptosis in cooperation with an anti-cancer drug targeting Mcl-1. ..
- Kitamura T, Murase T, Hashimoto J, Tomita T, Arimitsu S, Yoshikawa H, et al. Radiographic study on the pattern of wrist joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2011;30:353-9 pubmed publisher..In X-ray diagnosis of RA wrist joint disorders, knowing the pattern of destruction is useful for assessing the presence or absence of early joint destruction and in planning therapy...
- Satoh Y, Matsumura I, Tanaka H, Harada H, Harada Y, Matsui K, et al. C-terminal mutation of RUNX1 attenuates the DNA-damage repair response in hematopoietic stem cells. Leukemia. 2012;26:303-11 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest Gadd45a dysfunction due to RUNX1 mutations can cause additional mutation(s) required for multi-step leukemogenesis. ..
- Sasaki K, Osaki T, Minamino N. Large-scale identification of endogenous secretory peptides using electron transfer dissociation mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:700-9 pubmed publisher..An advantage of the use of both fragmentation methods was also noted in localization of phosphorylation sites. These findings point to the utility of ETD mass spectrometry in the global study of endogenous peptides, or peptidomics. ..
- Matsuo K, Hirobe S, Okada N, Nakagawa S. Frontiers of transcutaneous vaccination systems: novel technologies and devices for vaccine delivery. Vaccine. 2013;31:2403-15 pubmed publisher..We also introduce basic and clinical research involving our TCI systems that incorporate several original devices. ..
- Sukhbold E, Sekimoto S, Watanabe E, Yamazaki A, Yang L, Takasugi M, et al. Effects of oolonghomobisflavan A on oxidation of low-density lipoprotein. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1569-1575 pubmed publisher..Polyphenols in oolong tea may prevent atherosclerosis by reducing oxidative stress. ..
- Ninomiya S, Maeda N, Kuroda T, Saito T, Fujikado T, Tano Y, et al. Evaluation of lenticular irregular astigmatism using wavefront analysis in patients with lenticonus. Arch Ophthalmol. 2002;120:1388-93 pubmed
- Kiyohara T, Shinomura Y, Isozaki K, Nakahara M, Tsutsui S, Nishibayashi H, et al. A decreased number of c- kit-expressing cells in a patient with afferent loop syndrome. J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:390-4 pubmed..We report here a patient with postgastrectomy afferent loop syndrome with a decreased number of c- kit-expressing cells in the external muscle layer of the dilated intestine, suggesting damage to the ICCs. ..
- Cekic O, Keserci B, Ohji M, Sawa M, Ikuno Y, Gomi F, et al. Macular translocation surgery and retinal circulation times. Retina. 2004;24:51-6 pubmed..The arteriovenous passage time correlated with the degree of retinal rotation around the optic disk in the study group (r = -0.70; P = 0.04). Macular translocation surgery does not alter retinal macrocirculation in the long term. ..
- Hirata K, Tsuji N, Miyamoto K. Biosynthetic regulation of phytochelatins, heavy metal-binding peptides. J Biosci Bioeng. 2005;100:593-9 pubmed
- Kanagawa N, Gao J, Motomura Y, Yanagawa T, Mukai Y, Yoshioka Y, et al. Antitumor mechanism of intratumoral injection with IL-12-expressing adenoviral vector against IL-12-unresponsive tumor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:821-5 pubmed publisher..The present data provide evidence that the antitumor effect of IL-12 gene transduction in a local tumor site is dependent on induced alterations of the tumor microenvironment and systemic immunity. ..
- Imai T, Michizawa M, Shimizu H, Imai T, Yamamoto N, Yura Y. Bilateral multiple spindle cell lipomas of the tongue. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2008;106:264-9 pubmed publisher..This suggests that differential diagnosis of intraoral multiple lipomatous nodules should include not only lipomatosis but also multiple SCLs, notwithstanding the rare incidence of the latter...
- Murakami N, Okamoto H, Isohashi F, Murofushi K, Ohno T, Yoshida D, et al. A surveillance study of intensity-modulated radiation therapy for postoperative cervical cancer in Japan. J Radiat Res. 2015;56:735-41 pubmed publisher..Only one institution used a prescribed dose based on 95% of the PTV (D(95)), while the rest used the mean dose (D(mean)). This valuable information from six leading institutions will be utilized in a future prospective clinical trial. ..
- Tanaka S, Iwamoto M, Kimura K, Takahashi Y, Fujioka H, Sato N, et al. A Phase II Study of Adjuvant Chemotherapy of Tegafur-Uracil for Patients with Breast Cancer with HER2-negative Pathologic Residual Invasive Disease After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6505-6509 pubmed..Eight patients discontinued the study treatment because of disease recurrence, toxicities, and patients' wish. Excluding liver dysfunction, adverse events were quite mild. Adjuvant UFT therapy after NAC was feasible and safe. ..
- Takano K, Tsuchimori K, Yamagata Y, Yutani K. Effect of foreign N-terminal residues on the conformational stability of human lysozyme. Eur J Biochem. 1999;266:675-82 pubmed
- Nakatsuka S, Takakuwa T, Tomita Y, Hoshida Y, Nishiu M, Yamaguchi M, et al. Hypermethylation of death-associated protein (DAP) kinase CpG island is frequent not only in B-cell but also in T- and natural killer (NK)/T-cell malignancies. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:87-91 pubmed..These findings suggested that suppression of DAP kinase expression by DNA methylation might play a substantial role in the development of not only B-cell, but also T- and NK/T-cell lymphomas. ..
- Sakakibara S, Ueda K, Nishimura K, Do E, Ohsaki E, Okuno T, et al. Accumulation of heterochromatin components on the terminal repeat sequence of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus mediated by the latency-associated nuclear antigen. J Virol. 2004;78:7299-310 pubmed..Taken together, these observations indicate that LANA recruits heterochromatin components to the viral genome, which may lead to the establishment of viral latency and govern the transcription program. ..
- Maeda K, Nagata H, Nonaka A, Kataoka K, Tanaka M, Shizukuishi S. Oral streptococcal glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase mediates interaction with Porphyromonas gingivalis fimbriae. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:1163-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GAPDHs of various plaque-forming streptococci may be involved in their attachment to P. gingivalis fimbriae and that they may contribute to P. gingivalis colonization...
- Ikegami H, Awata T, Kawasaki E, Kobayashi T, Maruyama T, Nakanishi K, et al. The association of CTLA4 polymorphism with type 1 diabetes is concentrated in patients complicated with autoimmune thyroid disease: a multicenter collaborative study in Japan. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:1087-92 pubmed
- Hiramoto Y, Shioyama W, Kuroda T, Masaki M, Sugiyama S, Okamoto K, et al. Effect of bosentan on plasma endothelin-1 concentration in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension. Circ J. 2007;71:367-9 pubmed..The present study is the first study to show that bosentan administration increases plasma ET-1 in patients with PAH. The response of plasma ET-1 to bosentan administration might be useful for determining the severity of PAH. ..
- Fukada S, Morikawa D, Yamamoto Y, Yoshida T, Sumie N, Yamaguchi M, et al. Genetic background affects properties of satellite cells and mdx phenotypes. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2414-24 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the DBA/2-mdx mouse is a more suitable model for DMD studies, and the efficient satellite cell self-renewal ability of C57BL/10-mdx might explain the difference in pathologies between humans and mice. ..
- Naganuma M, Koga M, Shiokawa Y, Nakagawara J, Furui E, Kimura K, et al. Reduced estimated glomerular filtration rate is associated with stroke outcome after intravenous rt-PA: the Stroke Acute Management with Urgent Risk-Factor Assessment and Improvement (SAMURAI) rt-PA registry. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011;31:123-9 pubmed publisher..16-2.84), symptomatic ICH (2.64, 1.10-6.56), poor outcome (1.55, 1.01-2.38), and mortality (2.94, 1.38-6.42). Reduced eGFR was associated with early ICH and 3-month unfavorable outcome in stroke patients receiving intravenous rt-PA. ..
- Morita T, Mayanagi T, Sobue K. Caldesmon regulates axon extension through interaction with myosin II. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3349-56 pubmed publisher..In cortical neural progenitor cells, caldesmon knockdown suppresses axon extension and neuronal polarity. These results indicate that caldesmon is an important regulator of axon development. ..
- Fujita K, Iwaki M, Iwane A, Marcucci L, Yanagida T. Switching of myosin-V motion between the lever-arm swing and brownian search-and-catch. Nat Commun. 2012;3:956 pubmed publisher..We believe the ability to switch between these two force-generation modes facilitates myosin-V function at high efficiency while operating in a dynamic intracellular environment. ..
- Masuzawa T, Fujiwara Y, Okada K, Nakamura A, Takiguchi S, Nakajima K, et al. Phase I/II study of S-1 plus cisplatin combined with peptide vaccines for human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 and 2 in patients with advanced gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:1297-304 pubmed publisher..Thus, cancer vaccination combined with standard chemotherapy warrants further analysis as a promising strategy for the treatment of advanced cancer. ..
- Seki M, Takeda Y, Iwai K, Tanaka K. IOP1 protein is an external component of the human cytosolic iron-sulfur cluster assembly (CIA) machinery and functions in the MMS19 protein-dependent CIA pathway. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16680-9 pubmed publisher..We also reveal that MMS19 interacts with target proteins. MIP18 has a role to bridge MMS19 and CIAO1. CIAO1 also binds IOP1. Based on our in vivo and in vitro data, new models of the CIA machinery are proposed. ..
- Inoue K, Suna S, Iwakura K, Oka T, Masuda M, Furukawa Y, et al. Outcomes for Atrial Fibrillation Patients with Silent Left Atrial Thrombi Detected by Transesophageal Echocardiography. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:940-946 pubmed publisher..Advanced age and HF were predictors for worse outcomes in AF patients with silent LA thrombi. ..
- Nomura F, Kawai T, Nakanishi K, Akira S. NF-kappaB activation through IKK-i-dependent I-TRAF/TANK phosphorylation. Genes Cells. 2000;5:191-202 pubmed..These results indicate that NF-kappaB activation by IKK-i is mediated through phosphorylation of I-TRAF/TANK by IKK-i and subsequent liberation of TRAF2. ..
- Atsumi Y, Minakawa Y, Ono M, Dobashi S, Shinohe K, Shinohara A, et al. ATM and SIRT6/SNF2H Mediate Transient H2AX Stabilization When DSBs Form by Blocking HUWE1 to Allow Efficient Î³H2AX Foci Formation. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2728-40 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a pathway controlled by ATM, SIRT6, and SNF2H to block HUWE1, which stabilizes H2AX and induces its incorporation into chromatin only when cells are damaged. ..
- Nagano F, Orita S, Sasaki T, Naito A, Sakaguchi G, Maeda M, et al. Interaction of Doc2 with tctex-1, a light chain of cytoplasmic dynein. Implication in dynein-dependent vesicle transport. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30065-8 pubmed..Because dynein is a minus-end-directed microtubule-based motor protein, these results suggest that Doc2, especially Doc2beta, plays a role in dynein-dependent intracellular vesicle transport. ..
- Kanemura Y, Hiraga S, Arita N, Ohnishi T, Izumoto S, Mori K, et al. Isolation and expression analysis of a novel human homologue of the Drosophila glial cells missing (gcm) gene. FEBS Lett. 1999;442:151-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that humans have two homologues of gcm like mice and that human gcm genes form a novel family which may function not only during fetal development but also in the postnatal or pathological stage. ..
- Haraguchi S, Takada K, Yasuda Y. Facial asymmetry in subjects with skeletal Class III deformity. Angle Orthod. 2002;72:28-35 pubmed..0001) of chin deviation. This was due to the fact that the subjects having TMJ problems as a postnatal factor showed no directional uniqueness in jaw deviation and exhibited a longer distance of deviation...
- Jinushi M, Takehara T, Tatsumi T, Kanto T, Groh V, Spies T, et al. Expression and role of MICA and MICB in human hepatocellular carcinomas and their regulation by retinoic acid. Int J Cancer. 2003;104:354-61 pubmed..Furthermore, retinoic acid can function as a modulator of MICA/B expression and thereby further activate NK cells. ..