Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic recombination in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: genetic recombination
- Hishida T, Ohno T, Iwasaki H, Shinagawa H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae MGS1 is essential in strains deficient in the RAD6-dependent DNA damage tolerance pathway. EMBO J. 2002;21:2019-29 pubmed..These findings suggest that Mgs1 is essential for preventing genome instability caused by replication fork arrest in cells deficient in the RAD6 pathway and may modulate replication fork movement catalyzed by yeast polymerase delta. ..
- Hong Y, Maeda Y, Watanabe R, Inoue N, Ohishi K, Kinoshita T. Requirement of PIG-F and PIG-O for transferring phosphoethanolamine to the third mannose in glycosylphosphatidylinositol. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:20911-9 pubmed..Therefore, mammalian cells have redundant activities in transferring phosphoethanolamine to the third mannose, both of which require PIG-F. ..
- Hishida T, Ohya T, Kubota Y, Kamada Y, Shinagawa H. Functional and physical interaction of yeast Mgs1 with PCNA: impact on RAD6-dependent DNA damage tolerance. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5509-17 pubmed..The proposed roles for Mgs1, Srs2, and modified PCNA during replication arrest highlight the importance of modulating the RAD6 and RAD52 pathways to avoid genome instability. ..
- Morishita T, Furukawa F, Sakaguchi C, Toda T, Carr A, Iwasaki H, et al. Role of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe F-Box DNA helicase in processing recombination intermediates. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8074-83 pubmed..Focus formation of Fbh1 protein was induced by treatment that damages DNA. Thus, the F-box DNA helicase appears to process toxic recombination intermediates, the formation of which is dependent on the function of Rhp51. ..
- Leem S, Chung C, Sunwoo Y, Araki H. Meiotic role of SWI6 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3154-8 pubmed..These results suggest that SWI6 enhances the expression level of the recombination genes in meiosis in a dosage-dependent manner, which results in an effect on the frequency of meiotic recombination. ..
- Hishida T, Hirade Y, Haruta N, Kubota Y, Iwasaki H. Srs2 plays a critical role in reversible G2 arrest upon chronic and low doses of UV irradiation via two distinct homologous recombination-dependent mechanisms in postreplication repair-deficient cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4840-50 pubmed publisher..The first (required to suppress HR during PRR) is regulated by PCNA sumoylation, whereas the second (required for HR-dependent recovery following CLUV exposure) is regulated by CDK1-dependent phosphorylation. ..
- Hishida T, Kubota Y, Carr A, Iwasaki H. RAD6-RAD18-RAD5-pathway-dependent tolerance to chronic low-dose ultraviolet light. Nature. 2009;457:612-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, the error-free PRR pathway is specifically important during chronic low-dose ultraviolet exposure to prevent counter-productive DNA checkpoint activation and allow cells to proliferate normally. ..
- Yano K, Tansengco M, Hio T, Higashi K, Murooka Y, Imaizumi Anraku H, et al. New nodulation mutants responsible for infection thread development in Lotus japonicus. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2006;19:801-10 pubmed..Map-based cloning and molecular characterization of these genes will help us understand the genetic mechanism of infection thread development in L. japonicus. ..
- Miyabe I, Morishita T, Hishida T, Yonei S, Shinagawa H. Rhp51-dependent recombination intermediates that do not generate checkpoint signal are accumulated in Schizosaccharomyces pombe rad60 and smc5/6 mutants after release from replication arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:343-53 pubmed..These results suggest that Rad60 is required for recombination repair at a step downstream of Rhp51. We propose that Rhp51-dependent DNA structures that cannot activate the mitotic checkpoints accumulate in rad60-1 cells. ..
- Miyatsuka T, Kaneto H, Kajimoto Y, Hirota S, Arakawa Y, Fujitani Y, et al. Ectopically expressed PDX-1 in liver initiates endocrine and exocrine pancreas differentiation but causes dysmorphogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:1017-25 pubmed..The conditional PDX-1 transgenic mouse system developed in this study appeared to be useful for efficient screening of PDX-1 responsive somatic tissues and cells. ..
- Nabeshima K, Kakihara Y, Hiraoka Y, Nojima H. A novel meiosis-specific protein of fission yeast, Meu13p, promotes homologous pairing independently of homologous recombination. EMBO J. 2001;20:3871-81 pubmed..pombe. Based on these results, together with the localization of Meu13p on meiotic chromatin, we propose that Meu13p directly promotes proper homologous pairing and recombination. ..
- Hong Y, Maeda Y, Watanabe R, Ohishi K, Mishkind M, Riezman H, et al. Pig-n, a mammalian homologue of yeast Mcd4p, is involved in transferring phosphoethanolamine to the first mannose of the glycosylphosphatidylinositol. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35099-106 pubmed..Biosynthesis of GPI in the Pig-n knockout cells was not affected by YW3548/BE49385A, and yeast overexpressing MCD4 was highly resistant to YW3548/BE49385A, suggesting that Pig-n and Mcd4p are targets of this drug. ..
- Saito T, Tougan T, Okuzaki D, Kasama T, Nojima H. Mcp6, a meiosis-specific coiled-coil protein of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, localizes to the spindle pole body and is required for horsetail movement and recombination. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:447-59 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that Mcp6 is necessary for neither SPB organization nor telomere clustering, but is required for proper astral microtubule positioning to maintain horsetail movement. ..
- Morikawa H, Morishita T, Kawane S, Iwasaki H, Carr A, Shinagawa H. Rad62 protein functionally and physically associates with the smc5/smc6 protein complex and is required for chromosome integrity and recombination repair in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9401-13 pubmed..These results suggest that Rad62, like Rad60, in conjunction with the Smc5-6 complex, plays an essential role in maintaining chromosome integrity and recovery from stalled replication by recombination. ..
- Saito T, Tougan T, Kasama T, Okuzaki D, Nojima H. Mcp7, a meiosis-specific coiled-coil protein of fission yeast, associates with Meu13 and is required for meiotic recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3325-39 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that Mcp7 associates with Meu13 and together they play a key role in meiotic recombination. ..
- Hirata T, Suda Y, Nakao K, Narimatsu M, Hirano T, Hibi M. Zinc finger gene fez-like functions in the formation of subplate neurons and thalamocortical axons. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:546-56 pubmed
- Yamada K, Ariyoshi M, Morikawa K. Three-dimensional structural views of branch migration and resolution in DNA homologous recombination. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2004;14:130-7 pubmed..The mechanism of junction resolution by RuvC in the RuvABC resolvasome remains to be elucidated. ..
- Hishida T, Iwasaki H, Han Y, Ohnishi T, Shinagawa H. Uncoupling of the ATPase activity from the branch migration activity of RuvAB protein complexes containing both wild-type and ATPase-defective RuvB proteins. Genes Cells. 2003;8:721-30 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that an essential ATP hydrolysis-dependent functional cooperation is induced in RuvB hexamer subunits during RuvAB-mediated branch migration. ..
- Yamada K, Miyata T, Tsuchiya D, Oyama T, Fujiwara Y, Ohnishi T, et al. Crystal structure of the RuvA-RuvB complex: a structural basis for the Holliday junction migrating motor machinery. Mol Cell. 2002;10:671-81 pubmed