Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cultured cells in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: cultured cells
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Ohkawara S, Yokoyama C, Shimonishi M, Tanabe T. Analysis of the transcriptional regulation of mouse prostacyclin synthase gene. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2002;507:281-6 pubmed
- Horio T, Tokudome T, Maki T, Yoshihara F, Suga S, Nishikimi T, et al. Gene expression, secretion, and autocrine action of C-type natriuretic peptide in cultured adult rat cardiac fibroblasts. Endocrinology. 2003;144:2279-84 pubmed..CNP produced by cardiac fibroblasts may play a role as an autocrine regulator against excessive cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Takahashi M, Hayashi K, Yoshida K, Ohkawa Y, Komurasaki T, Kitabatake A, et al. Epiregulin as a major autocrine/paracrine factor released from ERK- and p38MAPK-activated vascular smooth muscle cells. Circulation. 2003;108:2524-9 pubmed..Epiregulin is released from VSMCs primed by atherogenic factors and acts as a major autocrine/paracrine factor for VSMC dedifferentiation. It may be involved in the progression of vascular remodeling such as atherosclerosis. ..
- Fujimoto T, Tanaka H, Kumamaru E, Okamura K, Miki N. Arc interacts with microtubules/microtubule-associated protein 2 and attenuates microtubule-associated protein 2 immunoreactivity in the dendrites. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:51-63 pubmed..The data suggest that Arc increased by synaptic activities would trigger dendritic remodeling by interacting with cytoskeletal proteins. ..
- Imai T, Kawai Y, Tadokoro Y, Yamamoto M, Nishimune Y, Yomogida K. In vivo and in vitro constant expression of GATA-4 in mouse postnatal Sertoli cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;214:107-15 pubmed..These results suggest that GATA-4 plays an important role in the regulation of Sertoli cell function, and is exactly regulated in these cells. ..
- Masuda K, Furuyama T, Takahara M, Fujioka S, Kurinami H, Inagaki S. Sema4D stimulates axonal outgrowth of embryonic DRG sensory neurones. Genes Cells. 2004;9:821-9 pubmed..These plexins and Sema4D are expressed in embryonic DRGs. We suggest a new function of Sema4D as a neurite-outgrowth stimulating, autocrine/paracrine factor in embryonic sensory neurones. ..
- Fujita H, Fukuhara S, Sakurai A, Yamagishi A, Kamioka Y, Nakaoka Y, et al. Local activation of Rap1 contributes to directional vascular endothelial cell migration accompanied by extension of microtubules on which RAPL, a Rap1-associating molecule, localizes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5022-31 pubmed..Collectively, the locally activated Rap1 and its association with RAPL controls the directional migration of vascular endothelial cells. ..
- Li Y, Minamino T, Tsukamoto O, Yujiri T, Shintani Y, Okada K, et al. Ablation of MEK kinase 1 suppresses intimal hyperplasia by impairing smooth muscle cell migration and urokinase plasminogen activator expression in a mouse blood-flow cessation model. Circulation. 2005;111:1672-8 pubmed..MEKK1 is implicated in vascular remodeling after blood-flow cessation by regulating the migration and uPA expression of SMCs. MEKK1 is a potential target for drug development to prevent vascular remodeling. ..
- Taniguchi H, Tanida M, Okumura N, Hamada J, Sano S, Nagai K. Regulation of sympathetic and parasympathetic nerve activities by BIT/SHPS-1. Neurosci Lett. 2006;398:102-6 pubmed..These results indicate that BIT/SHPS-1 is involved in the hypothalamic regulation of thermogenesis via the autonomic nervous system. ..
- Shintani Y, Takashima S, Asano Y, Kato H, Liao Y, Yamazaki S, et al. Glycosaminoglycan modification of neuropilin-1 modulates VEGFR2 signaling. EMBO J. 2006;25:3045-55 pubmed..These findings indicate that GAG modification of NRP1 plays a critical role in modulating VEGF signaling, and may provide new insights into physiological and pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Coban C, Ishii K, Uematsu S, Arisue N, Sato S, Yamamoto M, et al. Pathological role of Toll-like receptor signaling in cerebral malaria. Int Immunol. 2007;19:67-79 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that TLR2- and/or TLR9-mediated, MyD88-dependent brain pathogenesis may play a critical role in CM, the lethal complication during PbA infection...
- Toyofuku T, Yabuki M, Kamei J, Kamei M, Makino N, Kumanogoh A, et al. Semaphorin-4A, an activator for T-cell-mediated immunity, suppresses angiogenesis via Plexin-D1. EMBO J. 2007;26:1373-84 pubmed..The effects of Sema4A on endothelial cells are dependent on its ability to suppress VEGF-mediated Rac activation and integrin-dependent cell adhesion. It thus appears that Sema4A-Plexin-D1 signaling negatively regulates angiogenesis. ..
- Yokota T, Oritani K, Butz S, Kokame K, Kincade P, Miyata T, et al. The endothelial antigen ESAM marks primitive hematopoietic progenitors throughout life in mice. Blood. 2009;113:2914-23 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, ESAM expression in the HSC-enriched fraction was up-regulated in aged mice. We conclude that ESAM marks HSC in murine fetal liver and will facilitate studies of hematopoiesis throughout life. ..
- Ohtani T, Mano T, Hikoso S, Sakata Y, Nishio M, Takeda Y, et al. Cardiac steroidogenesis and glucocorticoid in the development of cardiac hypertrophy during the progression to heart failure. J Hypertens. 2009;27:1074-83 pubmed publisher..Cardiac steroidogenesis system and local glucocorticoid may play important roles in the development of hypertrophy and the progression to heart failure. ..
- Sasaki H, Asanuma H, Fujita M, Takahama H, Wakeno M, Ito S, et al. Metformin prevents progression of heart failure in dogs: role of AMP-activated protein kinase. Circulation. 2009;119:2568-77 pubmed publisher..Metformin attenuated oxidative stress-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis and prevented the progression of heart failure in dogs, along with activation of AMPK. Therefore, metformin may be a potential new therapy for heart failure. ..
- Kubota K, Inoue K, Hashimoto R, Kumamoto N, Kosuga A, Tatsumi M, et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated protein 1 regulates cell adhesion and synaptic morphology via modulation of N-cadherin expression. J Neurochem. 2009;110:496-508 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that TRAP1 mediates TNF-alpha/TNF receptor 1 signaling to modulate N-cadherin expression and to regulate cell adhesion and synaptic morphology, which may contribute to the pathogenesis of major depression. ..
- Yagita K, Yamanaka I, Emoto N, Kawakami K, Shimada S. Real-time monitoring of circadian clock oscillations in primary cultures of mammalian cells using Tol2 transposon-mediated gene transfer strategy. BMC Biotechnol. 2010;10:3 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that gene transfer strategy using the Tol2 transposon system of a useful and safe non-viral vector is a powerful tool for investigating circadian rhythms in peripheral tissues. ..
- Baba T, Sakisaka T, Mochida S, Takai Y. PKA-catalyzed phosphorylation of tomosyn and its implication in Ca2+-dependent exocytosis of neurotransmitter. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:1113-25 pubmed..We describe the roles and modes of action of PKA and tomosyn in Ca2+-dependent neurotransmitter release. ..
- Yagi R, Waguri S, Sumikawa Y, Nada S, Oneyama C, Itami S, et al. C-terminal Src kinase controls development and maintenance of mouse squamous epithelia. EMBO J. 2007;26:1234-44 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that the Src/Csk circuit plays crucial roles in development and maintenance of epithelia by controlling cytoskeletal organization as well as phenotypic conversion linked to inflammatory events. ..
- Maeda T, Abe M, Kurisu K, Jikko A, Furukawa S. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel gene, CORS26, encoding a putative secretory protein and its possible involvement in skeletal development. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:3628-34 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of CORS26 enhanced the growth of C3H10T1/2 cells in vitro. The present findings suggest that the CORS26 gene may play an important role in skeletal development. ..
- Numakawa T, Matsumoto T, Adachi N, Yokomaku D, Kojima M, Takei N, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor triggers a rapid glutamate release through increase of intracellular Ca(2+) and Na(+) in cultured cerebellar neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2001;66:96-108 pubmed..All the results therefore suggest that Na(+)-dependent reverse transport contributes to BDNF-mediated transmitter release through the PLC-gamma/IP(3)-mediated Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Tsujita Y, Baba S, Yamauchi R, Mannami T, Kinoshita M, Yamamoto R, et al. Association analyses between genetic polymorphisms of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene and hypertension in Japanese: The Suita Study. J Hypertens. 2001;19:1941-8 pubmed..Our data suggested that these polymorphisms of the eNOS gene are unlikely to be major factors in the susceptibility to hypertension in the Japanese population studied. ..
- Inaba T, Matsuda M, Shimamura M, Takei N, Terasaka N, Ando Y, et al. Angiopoietin-like protein 3 mediates hypertriglyceridemia induced by the liver X receptor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21344-51 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Angptl3 is a direct target of LXR and that induction of hepatic Angptl3 accounts for hypertriglyceridemia associated with the treatment of LXR ligand. ..
- Kohara K, Kitamura A, Adachi N, Nishida M, Itami C, Nakamura S, et al. Inhibitory but not excitatory cortical neurons require presynaptic brain-derived neurotrophic factor for dendritic development, as revealed by chimera cell culture. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6123-31 pubmed
- Takano A, Isojima Y, Nagai K. Identification of mPer1 phosphorylation sites responsible for the nuclear entry. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32578-85 pubmed..These findings indicate that mPer1 phosphorylation is a critical aspect of the circadian clock mechanism. ..
- Katakami N, Kaneto H, Hao H, Umayahara Y, Fujitani Y, Sakamoto K, et al. Role of pim-1 in smooth muscle cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54742-9 pubmed
- Akamatsu S, Watanabe A, Tamesada M, Nakamura R, Hayashi S, Kodama D, et al. Hepatoprotective effect of extracts from Lentinus edodes mycelia on dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver injury. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:1957-60 pubmed..The finding of antifibrotic activity in extracts from an edible mushroom is expected to be helpful in the development of hepatoprotective agents with few side effects. ..
- Hagihara K, Nishikawa T, Sugamata Y, Song J, Isobe T, Taga T, et al. Essential role of STAT3 in cytokine-driven NF-kappaB-mediated serum amyloid A gene expression. Genes Cells. 2005;10:1051-63 pubmed..Our findings are expected to aid the understanding of the inflammatory status of AA amyloidosis to aid development of a therapeutic strategy for this disease by means of normalization of serum SAA levels. ..
- Tashima Y, Taguchi R, Murata C, Ashida H, Kinoshita T, Maeda Y. PGAP2 is essential for correct processing and stable expression of GPI-anchored proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1410-20 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PGAP2 is involved in the processing of GPI-APs required for their stable expression at the cell surface...
- Yamamoto K, Ohishi M, Katsuya T, Ito N, Ikushima M, Kaibe M, et al. Deletion of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 accelerates pressure overload-induced cardiac dysfunction by increasing local angiotensin II. Hypertension. 2006;47:718-26 pubmed..Disruption of this regulatory function may accelerate cardiac hypertrophy and shorten the transition period from compensated hypertrophy to cardiac failure. ..
- Okamoto M, Murai J, Yoshikawa H, Tsumaki N. Bone morphogenetic proteins in bone stimulate osteoclasts and osteoblasts during bone development. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21:1022-33 pubmed..Overexpression of noggin in bone revealed that BMP signals regulate bone development through stimulation of osteoblasts and osteoclasts. ..
- Narumiya H, Hidaka K, Shirai M, Terami H, Aburatani H, Morisaki T. Endocardiogenesis in embryoid bodies: novel markers identified by gene expression profiling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:896-902 pubmed..Further, they indicate that these new marker genes are useful to study the origin and induction of endocardial cells, and identify other endocardial markers. ..
- Song H, Nakayama E, Yokoyama M, Sato H, Levy J, Shioda T. A single amino acid of the human immunodeficiency virus type 2 capsid affects its replication in the presence of cynomolgus monkey and human TRIM5alphas. J Virol. 2007;81:7280-5 pubmed..Mutagenesis studies indicated that the single amino acid at the 120th position indeed affected the sensitivity of the virus to CM TRIM5alpha...
- Akiyama H, Furukawa S, Wakisaka S, Maeda T. CTRP3/cartducin promotes proliferation and migration of endothelial cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;304:243-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that CTRP3/cartducin may be involved as a novel angiogenic factor in the formation of neointima following angioplasty. ..
- Takahashi M, Asano Y, Kamiya H, Baba K, Ozaki T, Otsuka T, et al. Development of varicella vaccine. J Infect Dis. 2008;197 Suppl 2:S41-4 pubmed publisher..3%] of 260 vs. 12 [17.1%] of 70, respectively). Because of the pathogenesis of VZV, the incidence of latency and of HZ is predicted to be lower among vaccine recipients than among individuals who have experienced varicella. ..
- Yokota T, Oritani K, Garrett K, Kouro T, Nishida M, Takahashi I, et al. Soluble frizzled-related protein 1 is estrogen inducible in bone marrow stromal cells and suppresses the earliest events in lymphopoiesis. J Immunol. 2008;181:6061-72 pubmed..Hematopoietic stem cells expressed various Frizzled receptors, which markedly declined as they differentiated to lymphoid lineage. Thus, hormonal control of early lymphopoiesis in adults might partly relate to sFRP1 levels. ..
- Hosoi R, Matsuyama Y, Hirose S, Koyama Y, Matsuda T, Gee A, et al. Characterization of (14)C-acetate uptake in cultured rat astrocytes. Brain Res. 2009;1253:69-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that glutamate stimulation and changes in Ca(2+) and Na(+) concentrations might have important roles in regulation of (14)C-acetate uptake in cultured rat astrocytes. ..
- Yamahara K, Min K, Tomoike H, Kangawa K, Kitamura S, Nagaya N. Pathological role of angiostatin in heart failure: an endogenous inhibitor of mesenchymal stem-cell activation. Heart. 2009;95:283-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that angiostatin, which can attenuate the activity of MSC, might play a role in the progression of HF. ..
- Hayashi H, Nakagami H, Takami Y, Koriyama H, Mori M, Tamai K, et al. FHL-2 suppresses VEGF-induced phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activation via interaction with sphingosine kinase-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:909-14 pubmed publisher..FHL-2 may regulate phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt via direct suppression of the SK1-S1P pathway in ECs. ..
- Kayama H, Koga R, Atarashi K, Okuyama M, Kimura T, Mak T, et al. NFATc1 mediates Toll-like receptor-independent innate immune responses during Trypanosoma cruzi infection. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000514 pubmed publisher..T. cruzi-infected Nfatc1(-/-) fetal liver DCs were impaired in IFN-gamma production and DC maturation. These results demonstrate that NFATc1 mediates TLR-independent innate immune responses in T. cruzi infection. ..
- Gu J, Nada S, Okada M, Sekiguchi K. Csk regulates integrin-mediated signals: involvement of differential activation of ERK and Akt. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:973-7 pubmed..These results, taken together, demonstrate that Csk is an important regulator of integrin-mediated signaling and cellular behavior. ..
- Okuzaki D, Satake W, Hirata A, Nojima H. Fission yeast meu14+ is required for proper nuclear division and accurate forespore membrane formation during meiosis II. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:2721-35 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that meu14+ is crucial in meiosis in that it participates in both the nuclear division during meiosis II and the accurate formation of the forespore membrane. ..
- Sukezane T, Oneyama C, Kakumoto K, Shibutani K, Hanafusa H, Akagi T. Human diploid fibroblasts are resistant to MEK/ERK-mediated disruption of the actin cytoskeleton and invasiveness stimulated by Ras. Oncogene. 2005;24:5648-55 pubmed..These studies provide evidence for the existence of human-specific mechanisms that resist Ras/MEK/ERK-mediated transformation. ..
- Kishida Y, Hirao M, Tamai N, Nampei A, Fujimoto T, Nakase T, et al. Leptin regulates chondrocyte differentiation and matrix maturation during endochondral ossification. Bone. 2005;37:607-21 pubmed..These findings suggest that peripheral leptin signaling plays an essential role in endochondral ossification at the growth plate. ..
- Nimura K, Ishida C, Koriyama H, Hata K, Yamanaka S, Li E, et al. Dnmt3a2 targets endogenous Dnmt3L to ES cell chromatin and induces regional DNA methylation. Genes Cells. 2006;11:1225-37 pubmed..These results provide evidence for a physical and functional interaction between Dnmt3L and Dnmt3a2 in the nucleus. We propose that Dnmt3a2 recruits Dnmt3L to chromatin, and induces regional DNA methylation in germ cells. ..
- Shimoda M, Kanai Azuma M, Hara K, Miyazaki S, Kanai Y, Monden M, et al. Sox17 plays a substantial role in late-stage differentiation of the extraembryonic endoderm in vitro. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3859-69 pubmed..These findings possibly explain the discrepancy between the ExE phenotype derived from Sox17(-/-) ESCs and that of Sox17(-/-) embryos. ..
- Nishikawa T, Iwakiri N, Kaneko Y, Taguchi A, Fukushima K, Mori H, et al. Nitric oxide release in human aortic endothelial cells mediated by delivery of amphiphilic polysiloxane nanoparticles to caveolae. Biomacromolecules. 2009;10:2074-85 pubmed publisher..These findings support our idea that delivery of the polymeric nanoparticles to endothelial cells can lead to the induction of nitric oxide release...
- Morii E, Jippo T, Tsujimura T, Hashimoto K, Kim D, Lee Y, et al. Abnormal expression of mouse mast cell protease 5 gene in cultured mast cells derived from mutant mi/mi mice. Blood. 1997;90:3057-66 pubmed..Despite the significant reduction of both MMCP-5 and MMCP-6 expressions in mi/mi CMCs, their regulation mechanisms appeared to be different. ..
- Irie Y, Yamagata K, Gan Y, Miyamoto K, Do E, Kuo C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of Amida, a novel protein which interacts with a neuron-specific immediate early gene product arc, contains novel nuclear localization signals, and causes cell death in cultured cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2647-53 pubmed..These results indicate that Arc together with Amida may modulate cell death in the brain. ..
- Yamada M, Kurachi Y. The nucleotide-binding domains of sulfonylurea receptor 2A and 2B play different functional roles in nicorandil-induced activation of ATP-sensitive K+ channels. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;65:1198-207 pubmed..2 than SUR2A/Kir6.2 channels in the presence of ATP alone. Thus, C42 modulates the interaction of both NBDs with intracellular nucleotides. ..
- Hashiya N, Jo N, Aoki M, Matsumoto K, Nakamura T, Sato Y, et al. In vivo evidence of angiogenesis induced by transcription factor Ets-1: Ets-1 is located upstream of angiogenesis cascade. Circulation. 2004;109:3035-41 pubmed..The present study demonstrated that ets-1 regulated angiogenesis through the induction of angiogenic growth factors (VEGF and HGF). Overexpression of ets may provide a new therapeutic strategy to treat peripheral arterial disease. ..
- Kobayashi H, Yamamoto S, Maruo T, Murakami F. Identification of a cis-acting element required for dendritic targeting of activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein mRNA. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;22:2977-84 pubmed..The 350-nucleotide DTE does not share any obvious sequence similarity with other known DTEs previously reported. ..
- Li X, Kokame K, Okubo K, Shimokado K, Tsukamoto Y, Miyata T, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel human gene encoding a zinc finger protein with 25 fingers. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1489:405-12 pubmed..The ZFD25 gene was localized to chromosome 7q11.2. Northern blot analysis showed that ZFD25 was expressed in a wide range of human organs. In cultured endothelial cells, the mRNA level was decreased upon serum starvation. ..
- Tanemoto M, Fujita A, Higashi K, Kurachi Y. PSD-95 mediates formation of a functional homomeric Kir5.1 channel in the brain. Neuron. 2002;34:387-97 pubmed..1/PSD-95 were suppressed promptly and reversibly by PKA activation. Because the Kir5.1/PSD-95 complex was detected in the brain, this functional brain K+ channel is potentially a novel physiological target of PKA-mediated signaling. ..
- Higuchi H, Yamashita T, Yoshikawa H, Tohyama M. PKA phosphorylates the p75 receptor and regulates its localization to lipid rafts. EMBO J. 2003;22:1790-800 pubmed..Proper recruitment of activated p75(NTR) to lipid rafts, structures that represent specialized signaling organelles, is of fundamental importance in determining p75(NTR) bioactivity. ..
- Tsuji N, Hirooka T, Nagase H, Hirata K, Miyamoto K. Photosynthesis-dependent removal of 2,4-dichlorophenol by Chlorella fusca var. vacuolata. Biotechnol Lett. 2003;25:241-4 pubmed..Removal of DCP was growth-dependent and was suppressed dose-dependently by the photosynthesis inhibitor, 3-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-1,1-dimethyl urea. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Kusaka E, Enokido Y, Ikeuchi T, Hatanaka H. Regulation of Bax translocation through phosphorylation at Ser-70 of Bcl-2 by MAP kinase in NO-induced neuronal apoptosis. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:451-9 pubmed..Our results suggested that Bcl-2 phosphorylated at Ser-70 plays a critial role in the translocation of Bax from the cytosol to the mitochondria, and this may regulate NO-induced neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Kawase M, Hayashi Y, Kinoshita F, Yamato E, Miyazaki J, Yamakawa J, et al. Protective effect of montmorillonite on plasmid DNA in oral gene delivery into small intestine. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:2049-51 pubmed..These results indicate that montmorillonite protected the plasmid DNA from the acidic environment in the stomach and DNA-degrading enzymes in the intestine, and successfully delivered it into cells of the small intestine...
- Fukuhara S, Sakurai A, Sano H, Yamagishi A, Somekawa S, Takakura N, et al. Cyclic AMP potentiates vascular endothelial cadherin-mediated cell-cell contact to enhance endothelial barrier function through an Epac-Rap1 signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:136-46 pubmed..In conclusion, cAMP-Epac-Rap1 signaling promotes decreased cell permeability by enhancing VE-cadherin-mediated adhesion lined by the rearranged cortical actin. ..
- Hayashi M, Sakata M, Takeda T, Tahara M, Yamamoto T, Okamoto Y, et al. Up-regulation of c-met protooncogene product expression through hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha is involved in trophoblast invasion under low-oxygen tension. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4682-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the induction of Met expression by low-oxygen tension may play an important role in the physiology of early pregnancy by promoting the invasion of trophoblast cells into the decidua of the uterus. ..
- Watanabe Y, Inoue K, Okuyama Yamamoto A, Nakai N, Nakatani J, Nibu K, et al. Fezf1 is required for penetration of the basal lamina by olfactory axons to promote olfactory development. J Comp Neurol. 2009;515:565-84 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Fezf1 is required for the penetration of olfactory axons through the CNS basal lamina before they innervate the OB. ..
- Matsumoto N, Taguchi A, Kitayama H, Watanabe Y, Ohta M, Yoshihara T, et al. Transplantation of cultured choroid plexus epithelial cells via cerebrospinal fluid shows prominent neuroprotective effects against acute ischemic brain injury in the rat. Neurosci Lett. 2010;469:283-8 pubmed publisher..The transplantation of CPECs via CSF is a potential new strategy for protecting against ischemic brain injury. ..
- Kim D, Morii E, Ogihara H, Hashimoto K, Oritani K, Lee Y, et al. Impaired expression of integrin alpha-4 subunit in cultured mast cells derived from mutant mice of mi/mi genotype. Blood. 1998;92:1973-80 pubmed..The deletion or mutation of the CACTTG motif abolished the transactivation by +-MITF, suggesting that +-MITF directly transactivated the gene encoding alpha4 subunit of integrin. ..
- Arai T, Abe K, Matsuoka H, Yoshida M, Mori M, Goya S, et al. Introduction of the interleukin-10 gene into mice inhibited bleomycin-induced lung injury in vivo. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000;278:L914-22 pubmed..However, IL-10 did not affect the proliferation of WI-38 cells induced by platelet-derived growth factor. These data suggested that exogenous IL-10 may be useful in the treatment of pulmonary fibrosis...
- Ueta C, Iwamoto M, Kanatani N, Yoshida C, Liu Y, Enomoto Iwamoto M, et al. Skeletal malformations caused by overexpression of Cbfa1 or its dominant negative form in chondrocytes. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:87-100 pubmed..These data show that temporally and spatially regulated expression of Cbfa1 in chondrocytes is required for skeletogenesis, including formation of joints, permanent cartilages, and endochondral bones. ..
- Kogata N, Masuda M, Kamioka Y, Yamagishi A, Endo A, Okada M, et al. Identification of Fer tyrosine kinase localized on microtubules as a platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 phosphorylating kinase in vascular endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3553-64 pubmed..These results suggest that Fer localized on microtubules may play an important role in phosphorylation of PECAM-1, possibly through its association with p120catenin at nascent cell-cell contacts. ..
- Ishii T, Ohshima S, Ishida T, Mima T, Tabunoki Y, Kobayashi H, et al. Osteopontin as a positive regulator in the osteoclastogenesis of arthritis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:809-15 pubmed..These results suggest that OPN acts as a positive regulator in the osteoclastogenesis of arthritis through the RANK/RANKL/OPG system. ..
- Saji Y, Tamura S, Yoshida Y, Kiso S, Iizuka A, Matsumoto H, et al. Basic fibroblast growth factor promotes the trans-differentiation of mouse bone marrow cells into hepatic lineage cells via multiple liver-enriched transcription factors. J Hepatol. 2004;41:545-50 pubmed..In particular, basic fibroblast growth factor has the ability to induce the trans-differentiation into hepatic lineage cells from BM cells. ..
- Fujii R, Okabe S, Urushido T, Inoue K, Yoshimura A, Tachibana T, et al. The RNA binding protein TLS is translocated to dendritic spines by mGluR5 activation and regulates spine morphology. Curr Biol. 2005;15:587-93 pubmed..Our results indicate that TLS participates in mRNA sorting to the dendritic spines induced by mGluR5 activation and regulates spine morphology to stabilize the synaptic structure. ..
- Kashiwagi H, Shiraga M, Kato H, Kamae T, Yamamoto N, Tadokoro S, et al. Negative regulation of platelet function by a secreted cell repulsive protein, semaphorin 3A. Blood. 2005;106:913-21 pubmed..Thus, the extensive inhibition of platelet function by Sema3A appears to be mediated, at least in part, through impairment of agonist-induced Rac1-dependent actin rearrangement. ..
- Mohri I, Taniike M, Taniguchi H, Kanekiyo T, Aritake K, Inui T, et al. Prostaglandin D2-mediated microglia/astrocyte interaction enhances astrogliosis and demyelination in twitcher. J Neurosci. 2006;26:4383-93 pubmed..These results suggest that PGD2 is the key neuroinflammatory molecule that heightens the pathological response to demyelination in twitcher mice. ..
- Koyama S, Ishii K, Kumar H, Tanimoto T, Coban C, Uematsu S, et al. Differential role of TLR- and RLR-signaling in the immune responses to influenza A virus infection and vaccination. J Immunol. 2007;179:4711-20 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that either the MyD88 or IPS-1 signaling pathway is sufficient for initial antiviral responses, whereas the protective adaptive immune responses to influenza A virus are governed by the TLR7-MyD88 pathway. ..
- Satoh T, Arii J, Suenaga T, Wang J, Kogure A, Uehori J, et al. PILRalpha is a herpes simplex virus-1 entry coreceptor that associates with glycoprotein B. Cell. 2008;132:935-44 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a crucial aspect of the mechanism underlying HSV-1 infection. ..
- Jin D, Harada K, Ohnishi S, Yamahara K, Kangawa K, Nagaya N. Adrenomedullin induces lymphangiogenesis and ameliorates secondary lymphoedema. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;80:339-45 pubmed publisher..AM promoted LEC proliferation at least in part through the cAMP/MEK/ERK pathway, and infusion of AM induced lymphangiogenesis and improved lymphoedema in mice. ..
- Hidaka K, Shirai M, Lee J, Wakayama T, Kodama I, Schneider M, et al. The cellular prion protein identifies bipotential cardiomyogenic progenitors. Circ Res. 2010;106:111-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, PrP demarcates a population of bipotential cardiomyogenic progenitor cells that can differentiate into cardiac or smooth muscle cells. ..
- Yanagi K, Tanaka T, Kato K, Sadik G, Morihara T, Kudo T, et al. Involvement of puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase in proteolysis of tau protein in cultured cells, and attenuated proteolysis of frontotemporal dementia and parkinsonism linked to chromosome 17 (FTDP-17) mutant tau. Psychogeriatrics. 2009;9:157-66 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest that attenuated proteolysis of FTDP-17 mutant tau may be explained by increased phosphorylation levels, resulting in resistance to proteolysis. ..
- Tsujimura T, Morii E, Nozaki M, Hashimoto K, Moriyama Y, Takebayashi K, et al. Involvement of transcription factor encoded by the mi locus in the expression of c-kit receptor tyrosine kinase in cultured mast cells of mice. Blood. 1996;88:1225-33 pubmed..Thus, the involvement of (+)-MITF in the c-kit transactivation appeared to be specific to the mast cell lineage. ..
- Masuda M, Osawa M, Shigematsu H, Harada N, Fujiwara K. Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 is a major SH-PTP2 binding protein in vascular endothelial cells. FEBS Lett. 1997;408:331-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that PECAM-1 is a component of a mechanosensing machinery acting upstream of SH-PTP2. ..
- Miwa K, Asano M, Horai R, Iwakura Y, Nagata S, Suda T. Caspase 1-independent IL-1beta release and inflammation induced by the apoptosis inducer Fas ligand. Nat Med. 1998;4:1287-92 pubmed..These results demonstrate a newly discovered role for Fas ligand in inflammation, and challenge the dogma that apoptosis does not induce inflammation. ..
- Tokumaru S, Higashiyama S, Endo T, Nakagawa T, Miyagawa J, Yamamori K, et al. Ectodomain shedding of epidermal growth factor receptor ligands is required for keratinocyte migration in cutaneous wound healing. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:209-20 pubmed..These findings indicate that the shedding of EGFR ligands represents a critical event in keratinocyte migration, and suggest their possible use as an effective clinical treatment in the early phases of wound healing. ..
- Kamachi Y, Uchikawa M, Tanouchi A, Sekido R, Kondoh H. Pax6 and SOX2 form a co-DNA-binding partner complex that regulates initiation of lens development. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1272-86 pubmed
- Kanekiyo M, Itoh N, Kawasaki A, Matsuda K, Nakanishi T, Tanaka K. Metallothionein is required for zinc-induced expression of the macrophage colony stimulating factor gene. J Cell Biochem. 2002;86:145-53 pubmed..Moreover, overexpression of MT upregulated M-CSF mRNA expression as well as M-CSF secretion. Our findings suggest that MT expression mediates zinc regulation of M-CSF gene expression at the transcriptional level. ..
- Tanaka H, Yamashita T, Yachi K, Fujiwara T, Yoshikawa H, Tohyama M. Cytoplasmic p21(Cip1/WAF1) enhances axonal regeneration and functional recovery after spinal cord injury in rats. Neuroscience. 2004;127:155-64 pubmed..Cytoplasmic p21(Cip1/WAF1) may provide a potential therapeutic agent that produces functional regeneration following CNS injuries. ..
- Toyofuku T, Yoshida J, Sugimoto T, Zhang H, Kumanogoh A, Hori M, et al. FARP2 triggers signals for Sema3A-mediated axonal repulsion. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1712-9 pubmed..We therefore conclude that FARP2 is a key molecule involved in the response of neuronal growth cones to class-3 semaphorins. ..
- Nakamura T, Jeromin A, Smith G, Kurushima H, Koga H, Nakabeppu Y, et al. Novel role of neuronal Ca2+ sensor-1 as a survival factor up-regulated in injured neurons. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:1081-91 pubmed..We propose that NCS-1 is a novel survival-promoting factor up-regulated in injured neurons that mediates the GDNF survival signal via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt pathway. ..
- Matsumoto M, Shigeta A, Furukawa Y, Tanaka T, Miyasaka M, Hirata T. CD43 collaborates with P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 to mediate E-selectin-dependent T cell migration into inflamed skin. J Immunol. 2007;178:2499-506 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate that the CD43 expressed on activated T cells functions as an E-selectin ligand and thereby mediates T cell migration to inflamed sites, in collaboration with PSGL-1. ..
- Yasui N, Nogi T, Kitao T, Nakano Y, Hattori M, Takagi J. Structure of a receptor-binding fragment of reelin and mutational analysis reveal a recognition mechanism similar to endocytic receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9988-93 pubmed
- Yukioka F, Matsuzaki S, Kawamoto K, Koyama Y, Hitomi J, Katayama T, et al. Presenilin-1 mutation activates the signaling pathway of caspase-4 in endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis. Neurochem Int. 2008;52:683-7 pubmed..To sum up our data, the familial AD-linked PS1 mutation accelerates the cleavage of caspase-4 under the ER stress and results in the activation of caspase-9 and caspase-3, apoptosis signal, without releasing cytochrome-c. ..
- Kubori T, Hyakutake A, Nagai H. Legionella translocates an E3 ubiquitin ligase that has multiple U-boxes with distinct functions. Mol Microbiol. 2008;67:1307-19 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that Clk1 is the target host molecule which Legionella modulates during infection. ..
- Sun X, Yasuda O, Takemura Y, Kawamoto H, Higuchi M, Baba Y, et al. Akt activation prevents Apop-1-induced death of cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:1097-101 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data indicate that the inhibition of Apop-1-induced death by IGF-1 is mediated by the activation of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..