Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell nucleus in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: cell nucleus
- Mori Y, Okabayashi T, Yamashita T, Zhao Z, Wakita T, Yasui K, et al. Nuclear localization of Japanese encephalitis virus core protein enhances viral replication. J Virol. 2005;79:3448-58 pubmed..These results indicate that nuclear localization of JEV core protein plays crucial roles not only in the replication in mammalian cells in vitro but also in the pathogenesis of encephalitis induced by JEV in vivo. ..
- Tanaka H, Matsuoka Y, Onishi M, Kitamura K, Miyagawa Y, Nishimura H, et al. Expression profiles and single-nucleotide polymorphism analysis of human HANP1/H1T2 encoding a histone H1-like protein. Int J Androl. 2006;29:353-9 pubmed..h-HANP1 is expressed in the testes and its genomic construct also intronless as mouse Hanp1. We found that the h-HANP1 coding region have 5 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in Japanese men. ..
- Takano A, Shimizu K, Kani S, Buijs R, Okada M, Nagai K. Cloning and characterization of rat casein kinase 1epsilon. FEBS Lett. 2000;477:106-12 pubmed
- Imagawa M, Sakaue R, Tanabe A, Osada S, Nishihara T. Two nuclear localization signals are required for nuclear translocation of nuclear factor 1-A. FEBS Lett. 2000;484:118-24 pubmed..In contrast, NF1-A3 lacks the second NLS and partially stays in the cytoplasm. Since NF1s construct homodimer and heterodimer, these findings indicate the differential regulations of the NF1 translocation. ..
- Kiyama A, Isojima Y, Nagai K. Role of Per1-interacting protein of the suprachiasmatic nucleus in NGF mediated neuronal survival. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:514-9 pubmed..Inhibition of PIPS expression by RNAi increased levels of apoptosis in PC12 cells. These findings suggest that nuclear translocation of PIPS is involved in NGF mediated neuronal survival via TrkA, PI3K, and Gab1 signaling pathway. ..
- Okuda H, Manabe T, Yanagita T, Matsuzaki S, Bando Y, Katayama T, et al. Novel interaction between HMGA1a and StIP1 in murine terminally differentiated retina. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;33:81-7 pubmed
- Okuzaki D, Satake W, Hirata A, Nojima H. Fission yeast meu14+ is required for proper nuclear division and accurate forespore membrane formation during meiosis II. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:2721-35 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that meu14+ is crucial in meiosis in that it participates in both the nuclear division during meiosis II and the accurate formation of the forespore membrane. ..
- Tomita N, Kim J, Gibbons G, Zhang L, Kaneda Y, Stahl R, et al. Gene therapy with an E2F transcription factor decoy inhibits cell cycle progression in rat anti-Thy 1 glomerulonephritis. Int J Mol Med. 2004;13:629-36 pubmed..These data also demonstrate the feasibility and the potential benefit of in vivo gene therapy as a novel strategy in the treatment of glomerular diseases. ..
- Lee S, Sekimoto T, Yamashita E, Nagoshi E, Nakagawa A, Imamoto N, et al. The structure of importin-beta bound to SREBP-2: nuclear import of a transcription factor. Science. 2003;302:1571-5 pubmed..Importin-beta changes its conformation to reveal a pseudo-twofold symmetry on its surface structure so that it can accommodate a symmetric dimer molecule. Importin-beta may use a similar strategy to recognize other dimeric cargoes. ..
- Morishita T, Tsutsui Y, Iwasaki H, Shinagawa H. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe rad60 gene is essential for repairing double-strand DNA breaks spontaneously occurring during replication and induced by DNA-damaging agents. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3537-48 pubmed..These results suggest that S. pombe Rad60 is required to repair DSBs, which accumulate during replication, by recombination between sister chromatids. Rad60 may perform this function in concert with the SMC protein Rad18. ..
- Kondo Y, Kondoh J, Hayashi D, Ban T, Takagi M, Kamei Y, et al. Molecular cloning of one isotype of human lamina-associated polypeptide 1s and a topological analysis using its deletion mutants. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:770-8 pubmed..Biochemical analysis showed that huLAP1B is retained within the nucleus via interactions of the nucleoplasmic portion with nuclear components. ..
- Fujiwara T, Tanaka K, Inoue E, Kikyo M, Takai Y. Bni1p regulates microtubule-dependent nuclear migration through the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8016-27 pubmed..Bni1p lacking the Rho-binding region did not suppress the pac1 bni1 growth defect, suggesting a requirement for the Rho1p-Bni1p interaction in microtubule function. ..
- Morita T, Hayashi K. Arp5 is a key regulator of myocardin in smooth muscle cells. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:683-96 pubmed publisher..In dedifferentiated smooth muscle cells, Arp5 knockdown restored the differentiated phenotype via Myocd activation. Thus, Arp5 is a key regulator of Myocd activity. ..
- Shinohara M, Zhu Y, Murakami F. Four-dimensional analysis of nucleogenesis of the pontine nucleus in the hindbrain. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:3340-57 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the radial and mediolateral axes, very few PN neurons switch to migrate rostrocaudally. These results could thus provide a framework for understanding the mechanisms that regulate this complex yet important process. ..
- Sasagawa S, Takemori H, Uebi T, Ikegami D, Hiramatsu K, Ikegawa S, et al. SIK3 is essential for chondrocyte hypertrophy during skeletal development in mice. Development. 2012;139:1153-63 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate an essential role for SIK3 in facilitating chondrocyte hypertrophy during skeletogenesis and growth plate maintenance. ..
- Takano A, Isojima Y, Nagai K. Identification of mPer1 phosphorylation sites responsible for the nuclear entry. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32578-85 pubmed..These findings indicate that mPer1 phosphorylation is a critical aspect of the circadian clock mechanism. ..
- Okada Y, Matsuura E, Tozuka Z, Nagai R, Watanabe A, Matsumoto K, et al. Upstream stimulatory factors stimulate transcription through E-box motifs in the PF4 gene in megakaryocytes. Blood. 2004;104:2027-34 pubmed..Thus, these studies demonstrate that the novel TME binding transcription factors, USF1 and 2, transactivate rat and human PF4 promoters and may play an important role in megakaryocytic gene expression. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Hieda M, Harreman M, Fukumoto M, Saiwaki T, Hodel A, et al. Importin alpha can migrate into the nucleus in an importin beta- and Ran-independent manner. EMBO J. 2002;21:5833-42 pubmed..These results suggest that the nuclear import machinery for importin alpha at individual nuclear pore complexes may be regulated by reaction(s) that require ATP hydrolysis. ..
- Ishida A, Iijima R, Kobayashi A, Maeda M. Characterization of cAMP-dependent proteolysis of GATA-6. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:976-81 pubmed..All these results suggest that cellular factor(s) may play a crucial role in mediating the activation of the cAMP-dependent process. ..
- Saito T, Tougan T, Kasama T, Okuzaki D, Nojima H. Mcp7, a meiosis-specific coiled-coil protein of fission yeast, associates with Meu13 and is required for meiotic recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3325-39 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that Mcp7 associates with Meu13 and together they play a key role in meiotic recombination. ..
- Tanaka S, Nakao K, Sekimoto T, Oka M, Yoneda Y. Cell density-dependent nuclear accumulation of ELK3 is involved in suppression of PAI-1 expression. Cell Struct Funct. 2013;38:145-54 pubmed
- Waga S, Masuda T, Takisawa H, Sugino A. DNA polymerase epsilon is required for coordinated and efficient chromosomal DNA replication in Xenopus egg extracts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:4978-83 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that Pol epsilon, along with Pol alpha and Pol delta, is necessary for coordinated chromosomal DNA replication in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Tsukihara T, Aoyama H, Yamashita E, Tomizaki T, Yamaguchi H, Shinzawa Itoh K, et al. The whole structure of the 13-subunit oxidized cytochrome c oxidase at 2.8 A. Science. 1996;272:1136-44 pubmed..Possible channels for chemical protons to produce H2O, for removing the produced water, and for O2, respectively, were identified. ..
- Hirota Y, Okabe M, Imai T, Kurusu M, Yamamoto A, Miyao S, et al. Musashi and seven in absentia downregulate Tramtrack through distinct mechanisms in Drosophila eye development. Mech Dev. 1999;87:93-101 pubmed..Other photoreceptor cells also failed to differentiate with abnormalities occurring late in the differentiation process. These results suggest that MSI and SINA function redundantly to downregulate TTK in developing photoreceptor cells. ..
- Hirasaki M, Horiguchi M, Numamoto M, Sugiyama M, Kaneko Y, Nogi Y, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein phosphatase Ppz1 and protein kinases Sat4 and Hal5 are involved in the control of subcellular localization of Gln3 by likely regulating its phosphorylation state. J Biosci Bioeng. 2011;111:249-54 pubmed publisher..From these observations, we conclude that Ppz1 controls Gln3 localization by regulating its phosphorylation state in combination with Sat4 and Hal5. ..
- Mehmood R, Yasuhara N, Oe S, Nagai M, Yoneda Y. Synergistic nuclear import of NeuroD1 and its partner transcription factor, E47, via heterodimerization. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1639-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel role for dimerization that may promote, at least partially, the nuclear import of transcription factors allowing them to function efficiently in the nucleus. ..
- Sasaki M, Takeda E, Takano K, Yomogida K, Katahira J, Yoneda Y. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of mouse Nxf family gene products. Genomics. 2005;85:641-53 pubmed..The orthologous relationship between human and mouse Nxf genes is discussed on the basis of these data. ..
- Nagoshi E, Yoneda Y. Dimerization of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2 via the helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper domain is a prerequisite for its nuclear localization mediated by importin beta. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2779-89 pubmed..These results indicate that dimerization is a prerequisite process for the nuclear import of SREBP-2 mediated by importin beta. ..
- Shinzawa K, Tsujimoto Y. PLA2 activity is required for nuclear shrinkage in caspase-independent cell death. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:1219-30 pubmed..Knockdown of the Ca2+-independent PLA2 delayed nuclear shrinkage and cell death. These results indicate that Ca2+-independent PLA2 is crucial for a caspase-independent cell death signaling pathway leading to nuclear shrinkage. ..
- Do E, Taira E, Irie Y, Gan Y, Tanaka H, Kuo C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of rKAB1, which interacts with KARP-1, localizes in the nucleus and protects cells against oxidative death. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;248:77-83 pubmed..EGFP-tagged rKAB1 protein localized in cell nucleus and in the condensed chromosome during the mitotic cell division. We found that rKAB1 works as a protective protein against cell damage by oxidative stress. ..
- Irie Y, Yamagata K, Gan Y, Miyamoto K, Do E, Kuo C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of Amida, a novel protein which interacts with a neuron-specific immediate early gene product arc, contains novel nuclear localization signals, and causes cell death in cultured cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2647-53 pubmed..These results indicate that Arc together with Amida may modulate cell death in the brain. ..
- Matsubae M, Kurihara T, Tachibana T, Imamoto N, Yoneda Y. Characterization of the nuclear transport of a novel leucine-rich acidic nuclear protein-like protein. FEBS Lett. 2000;468:171-5 pubmed..mLANP-L NLS bound preferentially to Rch1 and NPI-1, but not to the Qip1 subfamily of importin alpha. These findings suggest that mLANP-L is transported into the nucleus by Rch1 and/or NPI-1. ..
- Katahira J. mRNA export and the TREX complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1819:507-13 pubmed publisher..This review describes the functional roles of the TREX complex in gene expression and the nuclear export of mRNAs. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Nuclear Transport and RNA Processing. ..
- Hikosaka K, Nakai Y, Watanabe Y, Tachibana S, Arisue N, Palacpac N, et al. Concatenated mitochondrial DNA of the coccidian parasite Eimeria tenella. Mitochondrion. 2011;11:273-8 pubmed publisher..tenella mt genome was concatemeric with similar protein-coding genes and rRNA gene fragments to Plasmodium. Copy number was 50-fold of the nuclear genome. Evolution of structural divergence in the apicomplexan mt genomes is discussed. ..
- Hiraoka Y, Dernburg A. The SUN rises on meiotic chromosome dynamics. Dev Cell. 2009;17:598-605 pubmed publisher..During meiotic prophase, the apparent role of these SUN-domain proteins, together with their partner KASH-domain proteins, is to connect chromosomes through the intact nuclear envelope to force-generating mechanisms in the cytoplasm. ..
- Katahira J, Inoue H, Hurt E, Yoneda Y. Adaptor Aly and co-adaptor Thoc5 function in the Tap-p15-mediated nuclear export of HSP70 mRNA. EMBO J. 2009;28:556-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, through the combinatorial use of an adaptor (e.g., Aly) and co-adapter (e.g., Thoc5), Tap-p15 could function as an export receptor for different classes of mRNAs. ..
- Minami Y, Ikeda W, Kajita M, Fujito T, Amano H, Tamaru Y, et al. Necl-5/poliovirus receptor interacts in cis with integrin alphaVbeta3 and regulates its clustering and focal complex formation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18481-96 pubmed..Thus, Necl-5 has a critical role in integrin alphavbeta3 clustering and focal complex formation. ..
- Saito T, Okuzaki D, Nojima H. Mcp5, a meiotic cell cortex protein, is required for nuclear movement mediated by dynein and microtubules in fission yeast. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:27-33 pubmed..Our results suggest that Mcp5 localizes at the cell cortex through its PH domain and functions as a dynein anchor, thereby facilitating nuclear oscillation. ..
- Tan L, Saijo M, Kuraoka I, Narita T, Takahata C, Iwai S, et al. Xeroderma pigmentosum group F protein binds to Eg5 and is required for proper mitosis: implications for XP-F and XFE. Genes Cells. 2012;17:173-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the interaction between XPF and Eg5 plays a role in mitosis and DNA repair and offer new insights into the pathogenesis of XP-F and XFE. ..
- Yan Z, Medvedev A, Hirose T, Gotoh H, Jetten A. Characterization of the response element and DNA binding properties of the nuclear orphan receptor germ cell nuclear factor/retinoid receptor-related testis-associated receptor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10565-72 pubmed..Transfection of RTR in CV-1 cells was unable to cause RTRE-dependent transactivation of a CAT reporter gene; however, an RTR-VP16 fusion protein could induce transactivation through several RTREs, including P2-RE. ..
- Hotta K, Funahashi T, Matsukawa Y, Takahashi M, Nishizawa H, Kishida K, et al. Galectin-12, an Adipose-expressed Galectin-like Molecule Possessing Apoptosis-inducing Activity. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34089-97 pubmed..These results suggest that galectin-12, an adipose-expressed galectin-like molecule, may participate in the apoptosis of adipocytes. ..
- Kimura K, Saga H, Hayashi K, Obata H, Chimori Y, Ariga H, et al. c-Myc gene single-strand binding protein-1, MSSP-1, suppresses transcription of alpha-smooth muscle actin gene in chicken visceral smooth muscle cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2420-5 pubmed..In fact, overexpression of MSSP-1 in cultured smooth muscle cells suppresses the promoter activity. These results suggest a novel function of MSSP-1 regarding the transcriptional regulation of alpha-sm actin gene. ..
- Yasuhara N, Takeda E, Inoue H, Kotera I, Yoneda Y. Importin alpha/beta-mediated nuclear protein import is regulated in a cell cycle-dependent manner. Exp Cell Res. 2004;297:285-93 pubmed..These results indicate that the importin alpha/beta-mediated nuclear import machinery is regulated in a cell cycle-dependent manner through the modulation of interaction modes between importins alpha and beta. ..
- Sahara S, Aoto M, Eguchi Y, Imamoto N, Yoneda Y, Tsujimoto Y. Acinus is a caspase-3-activated protein required for apoptotic chromatin condensation. Nature. 1999;401:168-73 pubmed..Immunodepletion experiments showed that Acinus is essential for apoptotic chromatin condensation in vitro, and an antisense study revealed that Acinus is also important in the induction of apoptotic chromatin condensation in cells. ..
- Kishima Y, Yamamoto H, Izumoto Y, Yoshida K, Enomoto H, Yamamoto M, et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor stimulates cell growth after translocation to the nucleus by nuclear localization signals. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10315-22 pubmed..These findings suggest that the gene-specific region, at least the bipartite NLS sequence and the N- and C-terminal neighboring portions, is essential for the mitogenic activity of HDGF after nuclear translocation. ..
- Zeng L, Fujimoto T, Kumamaru E, Irie Y, Miki N, Kuo C. Characterization of novel Pur alpha-binding proteins in mouse brain. Neurochem Int. 2004;45:753-8 pubmed..These biochemical properties of the PurBPs are different from the reported nuclear Pur alpha-binding proteins such as Sp1 and pRb. ..
- Sekimoto T, Miyamoto Y, Arai S, Yoneda Y. Importin alpha protein acts as a negative regulator for Snail protein nuclear import. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15126-31 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel regulatory mechanism of the nuclear protein import process by importin ? and gives an implication to control Snail activity by inhibiting its nuclear localization. ..
- Ogihara H, Morii E, Kim D, Oboki K, Kitamura Y. Inhibitory effect of the transcription factor encoded by the mutant mi microphthalmia allele on transactivation of mouse mast cell protease 7 gene. Blood. 2001;97:645-51 pubmed..The negative effect of mi-MITF on the transcription of MMCP-7 gene appeared to be executed through the interaction with c-Jun. ..
- Isegawa Y, Miyamoto Y, Yasuda Y, Semi K, Tsujimura K, Fukunaga R, et al. Characterization of the human herpesvirus 6 U69 gene product and identification of its nuclear localization signal. J Virol. 2008;82:710-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a relationship between the localization of NPI2/importin-alpha7 and the cell tropism of HHV-6...
- Yokoyama H, Mukae N, Sakahira H, Okawa K, Iwamatsu A, Nagata S. A novel activation mechanism of caspase-activated DNase from Drosophila melanogaster. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12978-86 pubmed..These results indicated that unlike mammalian CAD, Drosophila CAD must be cleaved by caspases to be activated. ..
- Yanagida M, Miyoshi R, Toyokuni R, Zhu Y, Murakami F. Dynamics of the leading process, nucleus, and Golgi apparatus of migrating cortical interneurons in living mouse embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16737-42 pubmed publisher..These in vivo observations provide important insight into the mechanisms of neuronal migration and demonstrate the usefulness of our system for studying dynamic events in living animals...
- Akagi J, Masutani C, Kataoka Y, Kan T, Ohashi E, Mori T, et al. Interaction with DNA polymerase eta is required for nuclear accumulation of REV1 and suppression of spontaneous mutations in human cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2009;8:585-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, Poleta-REV1 interactions prevent spontaneous mutations, probably by promoting accurate TLS past endogenous DNA lesions, while the interaction is dispensable for accurate Poleta-mediated TLS of UV-induced lesions. ..
- Takazaki R, Nishimura I, Yoshikawa K. Necdin is required for terminal differentiation and survival of primary dorsal root ganglion neurons. Exp Cell Res. 2002;277:220-32 pubmed..These results suggest that necdin mediates the terminal differentiation and survival of NGF-dependent DRG neurons and that necdin-deficient nascent neurons are destined to caspase-3-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Togi S, Muromoto R, Hirashima K, Kitai Y, Okayama T, Ikeda O, et al. A New STAT3-binding Partner, ARL3, Enhances the Phosphorylation and Nuclear Accumulation of STAT3. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11161-71 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ARL3 interacts with STAT3 and regulates the transcriptional activation of STAT3 by influencing its nuclear accumulation of STAT3. ..
- Tanaka H, Iguchi N, Egydio de Carvalho C, Tadokoro Y, Yomogida K, Nishimune Y. Novel actin-like proteins T-ACTIN 1 and T-ACTIN 2 are differentially expressed in the cytoplasm and nucleus of mouse haploid germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:475-82 pubmed..In contrast, only T-ACTIN-2 was present in sperm heads and tails. These results suggest that T-ACTINs play important roles in sperm function and in the specific morphogenesis of spermatozoa during spermiogenesis. ..
- Kashiwagi K, Nimura K, Ura K, Kaneda Y. DNA methyltransferase 3b preferentially associates with condensed chromatin. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:874-88 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Dnmt3b is preferentially recruited into hypoacetylated and condensed chromatin. We propose that Dnmt3b is a 'reader' of higher-order chromatin structure leading to gene silencing through DNA methylation. ..
- Hayashi K, Morita T. Differences in the nuclear export mechanism between myocardin and myocardin-related transcription factor A. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5743-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, MRTF-A is much more likely to be exported from the nucleus. These differences could be the reason for the distinct subcellular localization of Mycd and MRTF-A. ..
- Equilibrina I, Matsunaga S, Morimoto A, Hashimoto T, Uchiyama S, Fukui K. ASURA (PHB2) interacts with Scc1 through chromatin. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2013;139:225-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the regulation of sister chromatid cohesion is mediated by ASURA binding to chromatin, where ASURA might be involved in cohesin protection through ASURA-Scc1 interactions. ..
- Bhuiyan Z, Yatsuki H, Sasaguri T, Joh K, Soejima H, Zhu X, et al. Functional analysis of the p57KIP2 gene mutation in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Hum Genet. 1999;104:205-10 pubmed..Consequently, no active p57KIP2 would have existed, which might have caused the disorders in BWS patients. ..
- Hieda M, Tachibana T, Yokoya F, Kose S, Imamoto N, Yoneda Y. A monoclonal antibody to the COOH-terminal acidic portion of Ran inhibits both the recycling of Ran and nuclear protein import in living cells. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:645-55 pubmed
- Nakajima H, Yamamoto K, Agarwala S, Terai K, Fukui H, Fukuhara S, et al. Flow-Dependent Endothelial YAP Regulation Contributes to Vessel Maintenance. Dev Cell. 2017;40:523-536.e6 pubmed publisher..Yap1 mutant zebrafish showed a defect in vascular stability, indicating an essential role for Yap1 in blood vessels. Our data imply that endothelial Yap1 functions in response to flow to maintain blood vessels. ..
- Yasuda Y, Miyamoto Y, Saiwaki T, Yoneda Y. Mechanism of the stress-induced collapse of the Ran distribution. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:512-20 pubmed..These findings indicate that the decrease in ATP levels induced by cellular stress causes a decrease in RanGTP levels and a collapse of Ran distribution. ..
- Miyata S, Mori Y, Tohyama M. PRMT1 and Btg2 regulates neurite outgrowth of Neuro2a cells. Neurosci Lett. 2008;445:162-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that protein arginine methylation by PRMT1 in the nucleus is an important step in neuritogenesis. ..
- Isoda K, Koide H, Kojima M, Arita E, Ikkaku M, Higashiyama S, et al. Stimulation of hepatocyte survival and suppression of CCl4-induced liver injury by the adenovirally introduced C/EBPbeta gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:182-7 pubmed..These results indicate that C/EBPbeta appears to be a survival factor under stressful conditions, and the introduction of the gene has therapeutic function against liver injury. ..
- Amin M, Matsunaga S, Uchiyama S, Fukui K. Depletion of nucleophosmin leads to distortion of nucleolar and nuclear structures in HeLa cells. Biochem J. 2008;415:345-51 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NPM is an essential protein not only for the formation of normal nucleolar structure, but also for the maintenance of regular nuclear shape in HeLa cells. ..
- Okuzaki D, Kasama T, Hirata A, Ohtaka A, Kakegawa R, Nojima H. Spo5 phosphorylation is essential for its own timely degradation and for successful meiosis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:3751-60 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Spo5 phosphorylation ensures the timely degradation of Spo5 during meiosis and the proper localization of Psy1, leading to the production of viable spores with robust FSMs and strong walls. ..
- Saijo M, Hirai T, Ogawa A, Kobayashi A, Kamiuchi S, Tanaka K. Functional TFIIH is required for UV-induced translocation of CSA to the nuclear matrix. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2538-47 pubmed..These results suggest that alterations of chromatin at the RNA polymerase II stall site, which depend on CSB and TFIIH at least, are necessary for the UV-induced translocation of CSA to the nuclear matrix. ..
- Tanaka S, Kamachi Y, Tanouchi A, Hamada H, Jing N, Kondoh H. Interplay of SOX and POU factors in regulation of the Nestin gene in neural primordial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8834-46 pubmed..Evidence also suggests that such interactions are involved in the regulation of neural primordial cells. ..
- Nimura K, Ishida C, Koriyama H, Hata K, Yamanaka S, Li E, et al. Dnmt3a2 targets endogenous Dnmt3L to ES cell chromatin and induces regional DNA methylation. Genes Cells. 2006;11:1225-37 pubmed..These results provide evidence for a physical and functional interaction between Dnmt3L and Dnmt3a2 in the nucleus. We propose that Dnmt3a2 recruits Dnmt3L to chromatin, and induces regional DNA methylation in germ cells. ..
- Morishita T, Furukawa F, Sakaguchi C, Toda T, Carr A, Iwasaki H, et al. Role of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe F-Box DNA helicase in processing recombination intermediates. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8074-83 pubmed..Focus formation of Fbh1 protein was induced by treatment that damages DNA. Thus, the F-box DNA helicase appears to process toxic recombination intermediates, the formation of which is dependent on the function of Rhp51. ..
- Hemmi H, Takeuchi O, Sato S, Yamamoto M, Kaisho T, Sanjo H, et al. The roles of two IkappaB kinase-related kinases in lipopolysaccharide and double stranded RNA signaling and viral infection. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1641-50 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that TBK1 as well as, albeit to a lesser extent, IKK-i play a crucial role in the induction of IFN-beta and IFN-inducible genes in both TLR-stimulated and virus-infected EFs. ..
- Fukumoto M, Sekimoto T, Yoneda Y. Proteomic analysis of importin ?-interacting proteins in adult mouse brain. Cell Struct Funct. 2011;36:57-67 pubmed..Thus, we identified a comprehensive set of candidate proteins that are transported into the nucleus in a manner dependent on importin ?5, which enhances our understanding of nucleocytoplasmic signaling in neural cells. ..
- Takeshima H, Suetake I, Tajima S. Mouse Dnmt3a preferentially methylates linker DNA and is inhibited by histone H1. J Mol Biol. 2008;383:810-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that the binding and release of histone H1 from the linker portion of chromatin may regulate the local DNA methylation of the genome by Dnmt3a, which is expressed ubiquitously in somatic cells in vivo. ..
- Takata H, Matsunaga S, Morimoto A, Ono Maniwa R, Uchiyama S, Fukui K. H1.X with different properties from other linker histones is required for mitotic progression. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3783-8 pubmed..X is required for chromosome alignment and segregation. Our results suggest that H1.X has important functions in mitotic progression, which are different from those of the other H1 subtypes. ..
- Asally M, Yoneda Y. Beta-catenin can act as a nuclear import receptor for its partner transcription factor, lymphocyte enhancer factor-1 (lef-1). Exp Cell Res. 2005;308:357-63 pubmed..Collectively, we propose that there are two distinct pathways for the nuclear import of lef-1: importin alpha/beta-mediated and beta-catenin-mediated one, which provides a novel paradigm for Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Saji Y, Tamura S, Yoshida Y, Kiso S, Iizuka A, Matsumoto H, et al. Basic fibroblast growth factor promotes the trans-differentiation of mouse bone marrow cells into hepatic lineage cells via multiple liver-enriched transcription factors. J Hepatol. 2004;41:545-50 pubmed..In particular, basic fibroblast growth factor has the ability to induce the trans-differentiation into hepatic lineage cells from BM cells. ..
- Yasuhara N, Shibazaki N, Tanaka S, Nagai M, Kamikawa Y, Oe S, et al. Triggering neural differentiation of ES cells by subtype switching of importin-alpha. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:72-9 pubmed..This is the first study to propose that transport factors should be considered as major players in cell-fate determination. ..
- Hieda M, Tachibana T, Fukumoto M, Yoneda Y. Nuclear import of the U1A splicesome protein is mediated by importin alpha /beta and Ran in living mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16824-32 pubmed
- Matsuki T, Kiyama A, Kawabuchi M, Okada M, Nagai K. A novel protein interacts with a clock-related protein, rPer1. Brain Res. 2001;916:1-10 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggest a possibility that PIPS is involved in the feedback loop or output mechanism of circadian rhythm through interacting with Per1 in the SCN. ..
- Zhou Z, Yamamoto Y, Sugai F, Yoshida K, Kishima Y, Sumi H, et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor is a neurotrophic factor harbored in the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:27320-6 pubmed
- Tanaka H, Iguchi N, Isotani A, Kitamura K, Toyama Y, Matsuoka Y, et al. HANP1/H1T2, a novel histone H1-like protein involved in nuclear formation and sperm fertility. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7107-19 pubmed..I. Martianov, S. Brancorsini, R. Catena, A. Gansmuller, N. Kotaja, M. Parvinen, P. Sassone-Corsi, and I. Davidson, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:2808-2813, 2005) that reported similar results. ..
- Amin M, Matsunaga S, Ma N, Takata H, Yokoyama M, Uchiyama S, et al. Fibrillarin, a nucleolar protein, is required for normal nuclear morphology and cellular growth in HeLa cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;360:320-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that fibrillarin would play a critical role in the maintenance of nuclear shape and cellular growth. ..