Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: cell line
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Matsumoto S, Fumoto K, Okamoto T, Kaibuchi K, Kikuchi A. Binding of APC and dishevelled mediates Wnt5a-regulated focal adhesion dynamics in migrating cells. EMBO J. 2010;29:1192-204 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the functional and physical interaction of Dvl and APC is involved in Wnt5a/Fz2-dependent focal adhesion dynamics during cell migration and epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Takigawa Y, Hata K, Muramatsu S, Amano K, Ono K, Wakabayashi M, et al. The transcription factor Znf219 regulates chondrocyte differentiation by assembling a transcription factory with Sox9. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3780-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Znf219 plays an important role in the regulation of chondrocyte differentiation as a transcriptional partner of Sox9. ..
- Yano T, Yamazaki Y, Adachi M, Okawa K, Fort P, Uji M, et al. Tara up-regulates E-cadherin transcription by binding to the Trio RhoGEF and inhibiting Rac signaling. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:319-32 pubmed publisher..Tara-KD reduces the actin-belt density in the circumferential ring, and the cells form flattened cysts, suggesting that Tara functions to modulate epithelial cell sheet formation and integrity by up-regulating E-cadherin transcription...
- Katoh H, Mori Y, Kambara H, Abe T, Fukuhara T, Morita E, et al. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 participates in the replication of Japanese encephalitis virus through an interaction with viral proteins and RNA. J Virol. 2011;85:10976-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that hnRNP A2 plays an important role in the replication of JEV RNA through the interaction with viral proteins and RNA...
- Matsui K, Ezoe S, Oritani K, Shibata M, Tokunaga M, Fujita N, et al. NAD-dependent histone deacetylase, SIRT1, plays essential roles in the maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:811-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIRT1 suppresses differentiation of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells and contributes to the maintenance of stem cell pool. ..
- Yasugi M, Nakamura S, Daidoji T, Kawashita N, Ramadhany R, Yang C, et al. Frequency of D222G and Q223R hemagglutinin mutants of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza virus in Japan between 2009 and 2010. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30946 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with the low substitution rates identified in seasonal H1N1 viruses in 2008. ..
- Yokoyama H, Mukae N, Sakahira H, Okawa K, Iwamatsu A, Nagata S. A novel activation mechanism of caspase-activated DNase from Drosophila melanogaster. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12978-86 pubmed..These results indicated that unlike mammalian CAD, Drosophila CAD must be cleaved by caspases to be activated. ..
- Mino A, Ohtsuka T, Inoue E, Takai Y. Membrane-associated guanylate kinase with inverted orientation (MAGI)-1/brain angiogenesis inhibitor 1-associated protein (BAP1) as a scaffolding molecule for Rap small G protein GDP/GTP exchange protein at tight junctions. Genes Cells. 2000;5:1009-16 pubmed..These results indicate that MAGI-1/BAP1 serves as a scaffolding molecule for Rap GEP at tight junctions in epithelial cells. ..
- Hieda M, Tachibana T, Fukumoto M, Yoneda Y. Nuclear import of the U1A splicesome protein is mediated by importin alpha /beta and Ran in living mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16824-32 pubmed
- Sumitani S, Goya K, Testa J, Kouhara H, Kasayama S. Akt1 and Akt2 differently regulate muscle creatine kinase and myogenin gene transcription in insulin-induced differentiation of C2C12 myoblasts. Endocrinology. 2002;143:820-8 pubmed..PI3K activity, but not mTOR, may regulate transcriptional activity of myogenin. Our data also suggest that Akt1 and Akt2 play distinct roles in myogenic differentiation. ..
- Mabuchi S, Ohmichi M, Kimura A, Hisamoto K, Hayakawa J, Nishio Y, et al. Inhibition of phosphorylation of BAD and Raf-1 by Akt sensitizes human ovarian cancer cells to paclitaxel. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33490-500 pubmed
- Saito H, Kimura M, Inanobe A, Ohe T, Kurachi Y. An N-terminal sequence specific for a novel Homer1 isoform controls trafficking of group I metabotropic glutamate receptor in mammalian cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:523-9 pubmed..Both Homer proteins bound to mGluR5b in vitro. Therefore, the N-terminal portion of Homer1d may facilitate trafficking of Homer1-mGluR5 complex from the ER to the PM. ..
- Yamada A, Irie K, Deguchi Tawarada M, Ohtsuka T, Takai Y. Nectin-dependent localization of synaptic scaffolding molecule (S-SCAM) at the puncta adherentia junctions formed between the mossy fibre terminals and the dendrites of pyramidal cells in the CA3 area of the mouse hippocampus. Genes Cells. 2003;8:985-94 pubmed
- Kakunaga S, Ikeda W, Itoh S, Deguchi Tawarada M, Ohtsuka T, Mizoguchi A, et al. Nectin-like molecule-1/TSLL1/SynCAM3: a neural tissue-specific immunoglobulin-like cell-cell adhesion molecule localizing at non-junctional contact sites of presynaptic nerve terminals, axons and glia cell processes. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1267-77 pubmed
- Iida S, Kohro T, Kodama T, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. Identification of CCR2, flotillin, and gp49B genes as new G-CSF targets during neutrophilic differentiation. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:481-90 pubmed..We show that bone marrow neutrophils express functional CCR2, which suggest that CC chemokines may play previously unknown roles in neutrophil activation and chemotaxis. ..
- Takeda T, Sakata M, Isobe A, Yamamoto T, Nishimoto F, Minekawa R, et al. Involvement of Sp-1 in the regulation of the Id-1 gene during trophoblast cell differentiation. Placenta. 2007;28:192-8 pubmed..The protein level of Sp-1 was decreased during the differentiation. These results suggest that the Sp-1 protein level may regulate the Box-2-binding activity and the trophoblast giant-cell differentiation. ..
- Iwabu Y, Goto T, Tsuji S, Warachit J, Li G, Shoji S, et al. Superinfection of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) to cell clone persistently infected with defective virus induces production of highly cytopathogenic HIV-1. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:1773-82 pubmed
- Imamura R, Moriyama T, Isaka Y, Namba Y, Ichimaru N, Takahara S, et al. Erythropoietin protects the kidneys against ischemia reperfusion injury by activating hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha. Transplantation. 2007;83:1371-9 pubmed..We suggested a novel HIF-1alpha induction pathway by EPO under hypoxic conditions. Thus, EPO may protect the kidneys against ischemia reperfusion injury by activating HIF-1alpha. ..
- Yasui N, Nogi T, Kitao T, Nakano Y, Hattori M, Takagi J. Structure of a receptor-binding fragment of reelin and mutational analysis reveal a recognition mechanism similar to endocytic receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9988-93 pubmed
- Shimbo T, Kawachi M, Saga K, Fujita H, Yamazaki T, Tamai K, et al. Development of a transferrin receptor-targeting HVJ-E vector. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:423-8 pubmed..The modified vectors containing Q-dots demonstrated 32-fold greater tumor-targeting efficiency than wild-type HVJ-E. ..
- Yamato M, Ishida N, Iwatani H, Yamato M, Rakugi H, Ito T. Kid-1 participates in regulating ERK phosphorylation as a part of the circadian clock output in rat kidney. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2009;29:94-9 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that clock-controlled Kid-1 regulates the cell cycle of proliferating renal tubular epithelial cells through ERK phosphorylation. ..
- Kawato Y, Hirao M, Ebina K, Tamai N, Shi K, Hashimoto J, et al. Nkx3.2-induced suppression of Runx2 is a crucial mediator of hypoxia-dependent maintenance of chondrocyte phenotypes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;416:205-10 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that Nkx3.2-dependent suppression of Runx2 was a crucial factor in hypoxia-dependent maintenance of chondrocyte identity. ..
- Sasaki K, Osaki T, Minamino N. Large-scale identification of endogenous secretory peptides using electron transfer dissociation mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:700-9 pubmed publisher..An advantage of the use of both fragmentation methods was also noted in localization of phosphorylation sites. These findings point to the utility of ETD mass spectrometry in the global study of endogenous peptides, or peptidomics. ..
- Ohshima J, Lee Y, Sasai M, Saitoh T, Su Ma J, Kamiyama N, et al. Role of mouse and human autophagy proteins in IFN-?-induced cell-autonomous responses against Toxoplasma gondii. J Immunol. 2014;192:3328-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, human ATG16L1 and mouse autophagy components Atg7 and Atg16L1, but not Atg9a and Atg14, participate in the IFN-?-induced recruitment of the immunity-related GTPases to the intracellular pathogen. ..
- Maeda T, Date A, Watanabe M, Hidaka Y, Iwatani Y, Takano T. Optimization of Recovery and Analysis of RNA in Sorted Cells in mRNA Quantification After Fluorescence-activated Cell Sorting. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:571-577 pubmed..These results suggested that among these methods, linear amplification was the most promising. ..
- Horio Y, Hibino H, Inanobe A, Yamada M, Ishii M, Tada Y, et al. Clustering and enhanced activity of an inwardly rectifying potassium channel, Kir4.1, by an anchoring protein, PSD-95/SAP90. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:12885-8 pubmed..1 as well as SAP97 distributed not diffusely but clustered in retinal glial cells. Therefore, PSD-95 family proteins may be a physiological regulator of the distribution and function of Kir4.1 in glial cells. ..
- Asakura T, Nakanishi H, Sakisaka T, Takahashi K, Mandai K, Nishimura M, et al. Similar and differential behaviour between the nectin-afadin-ponsin and cadherin-catenin systems during the formation and disruption of the polarized junctional alignment in epithelial cells. Genes Cells. 1999;4:573-81 pubmed..These results indicate that the NAP and cadherin-catenin systems show similar and differential behaviour during the formation and disruption of the polarized junctional alignment in epithelial cells. ..
- Ikeda W, Nakanishi H, Tanaka Y, Tachibana K, Takai Y. Cooperation of Cdc42 small G protein-activating and actin filament-binding activities of frabin in microspike formation. Oncogene. 2001;20:3457-63 pubmed
- Ohba Y, Ikuta K, Ogura A, Matsuda J, Mochizuki N, Nagashima K, et al. Requirement for C3G-dependent Rap1 activation for cell adhesion and embryogenesis. EMBO J. 2001;20:3333-41 pubmed..In conclusion, C3G-dependent activation of Rap1 is required for adhesion and spreading of embryonic fibroblasts and for the early embryogenesis of the mouse. ..
- Kobayashi T, Zhang G, Lee B, Baba S, Yamashita M, Kamitani W, et al. Modulation of Borna disease virus phosphoprotein nuclear localization by the viral protein X encoded in the overlapping open reading frame. J Virol. 2003;77:8099-107 pubmed..The results presented here provide a new insight into the regulation of the intracellular movement of viral proteins of a unique, nonsegmented, negative-strand RNA virus. ..
- Nakata R, Miyazawa T, Shin Y, Watanabe R, Mikami T, Matsuura Y. Reevaluation of host ranges of feline leukemia virus subgroups. Microbes Infect. 2003;5:947-50 pubmed..Moreover, both isolates of FeLV-A productively infected human embryonic kidney 293 and mink Mv-1-Lu cells. We conclude that FeLV-A is not strictly ecotropic...
- Asahi M, Otsu K, Nakayama H, Hikoso S, Takeda T, Gramolini A, et al. Cardiac-specific overexpression of sarcolipin inhibits sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase (SERCA2a) activity and impairs cardiac function in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:9199-204 pubmed..Inhibition of SERCA2a impairs contractility and calcium cycling, but responsiveness to beta-adrenergic agonists may prevent progression to heart failure. ..
- Oono K, Yoneda T, Manabe T, Yamagishi S, Matsuda S, Hitomi J, et al. JAB1 participates in unfolded protein responses by association and dissociation with IRE1. Neurochem Int. 2004;45:765-72 pubmed..These results suggested that JAB1 may act as a key molecule in selecting the UPR or cell death by association and dissociation with IRE1alpha. ..
- Kotera I, Sekimoto T, Miyamoto Y, Saiwaki T, Nagoshi E, Sakagami H, et al. Importin alpha transports CaMKIV to the nucleus without utilizing importin beta. EMBO J. 2005;24:942-51 pubmed..This is the first report to demonstrate definitely that mammalian importin alpha solely carries a cargo protein into the nucleus without utilizing the classical importin beta-dependent transport system. ..
- Terami H, Hidaka K, Shirai M, Narumiya H, Kuroyanagi T, Arai Y, et al. Efficient capture of cardiogenesis-associated genes expressed in ES cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:47-53 pubmed..5-10.5. Based on our results, we consider that the present profiling method may be useful to identify novel genes important for cardiac development. ..
- Higo S, Asano Y, Kato H, Yamazaki S, Nakano A, Tsukamoto O, et al. Isoform-specific intermolecular disulfide bond formation of heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31337-47 pubmed publisher..Under oxidative conditions, HP1? dimerized and held TIF1? in a chromatin component and inhibited its repression ability. Our results highlight a novel, isoform-specific role for HP1 as a sensor of the cellular redox state. ..
- El Hagrasy M, Shimizu E, Saito M, Yamaguchi Y, Tamiya E. Discrimination of primitive endoderm in embryoid bodies by Raman microspectroscopy. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2012;402:1073-81 pubmed publisher..g., I(1003)/I(937)). This is the first study to investigate the PE cells of live EBs and define some Raman markers to distinguish them from undifferentiated ES cells...
- Fujiki R, Sato A, Fujitani M, Yamashita T. A proapoptotic effect of valproic acid on progenitors of embryonic stem cell-derived glutamatergic neurons. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e677 pubmed publisher..These cell type- and differentiation stage-specific effects of VPA imply that dysfunction of HDACs during pregnancy significantly increase the risk of congenital malformations associated with VPA administration. ..
- Kono K, Takeda E, Tsutsui H, Kuroishi A, Hulme A, Hope T, et al. Slower uncoating is associated with impaired replicative capability of simian-tropic HIV-1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72531 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that the lower replicative capability of NL-4/5S6/7SvifS in human cells was, at least in part, due to the slower uncoating of this virus. ..
- Fujita T, Asano Y, Ohtsuka J, Takada Y, Saito K, Ohki R, et al. Identification of telomere-associated molecules by engineered DNA-binding molecule-mediated chromatin immunoprecipitation (enChIP). Sci Rep. 2013;3:3171 pubmed publisher..Identified telomere-binding molecules may play important roles in telomere biology. enChIP using TAL proteins would be a useful tool for biochemical analysis of specific genomic regions of interest. ..
- Matsuura R, Maeda A, Sakai R, Eguchi H, Lo P, Hasuwa H, et al. Human HLA-Ev (147) Expression in Transgenic Animals. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1323-5 pubmed publisher..A synthetic HLA-Ev (147) gene with a codon usage optimized to a mammalian system represents a critical factor in the development of transgenic animals for xenotransplantation. ..
- Tomita N, Horii A, Doi S, Yokouchi H, Ogawa M, Mori T, et al. Transcription of human endogenous retroviral long terminal repeat (LTR) sequence in a lung cancer cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;166:1-10 pubmed..Two partial, but different cDNA clones were obtained, and each one was found to be a transcript starting within human sequences at 5' upstream from the LTR and ending within the LTR sequence. ..
- Nishimura M, Sato K, Okada T, Schloss P, Shimada S, Tohyama M. MK-801 blocks monoamine transporters expressed in HEK cells. FEBS Lett. 1998;423:376-80 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that MK-801, a non-competitive antagonist of NMDA receptors, competitively inhibits monoamine transporters without stereoselectivity...
- Masutani C, Kusumoto R, Yamada A, Dohmae N, Yokoi M, Yuasa M, et al. The XPV (xeroderma pigmentosum variant) gene encodes human DNA polymerase eta. Nature. 1999;399:700-4 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that DNA polymerase eta could be the XPV gene product. ..
- Horike N, Takemori H, Katoh Y, Doi J, Min L, Asano T, et al. Adipose-specific expression, phosphorylation of Ser794 in insulin receptor substrate-1, and activation in diabetic animals of salt-inducible kinase-2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18440-7 pubmed
- Sasai K, Ikeda Y, Ihara H, Honke K, Taniguchi N. Caveolin-1 regulates the functional localization of N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase III within the golgi apparatus. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25295-301 pubmed..Caveolin-1 may modify the biosynthetic pathway of sugar chains via the regulation of the intra-Golgi subcompartment localization of this key glycosyltransferase. ..
- Ogita H, Kunimoto S, Kamioka Y, Sawa H, Masuda M, Mochizuki N. EphA4-mediated Rho activation via Vsm-RhoGEF expressed specifically in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 2003;93:23-31 pubmed..These results suggested that ephrin-A1-triggered EphA4-Vsm-RhoGEF-RhoA pathway is involved in the cell-cell interaction-mediated RhoA activation that regulates vascular smooth muscle contractility. ..
- Maeda M, Yamamoto I, Fujio Y, Azuma J. Homocysteine induces vascular endothelial growth factor expression in differentiated THP-1 macrophages. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1623:41-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hyperhomocysteinemia could promote the development of atherosclerotic lesions through VEGF induction in macrophages. ..
- Sato S, Sugiyama M, Yamamoto M, Watanabe Y, Kawai T, Takeda K, et al. Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor inducing IFN-beta (TRIF) associates with TNF receptor-associated factor 6 and TANK-binding kinase 1, and activates two distinct transcription factors, NF-kappa B and IFN-regulatory factor-3, in the Toll-li. J Immunol. 2003;171:4304-10 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that TRIF associates with TRAF6 and TBK1 independently, and activates two distinct transcription factors, NF-kappaB and IFN regulatory factor-3, respectively. ..
- Yamada T, Sakisaka T, Hisata S, Baba T, Takai Y. RA-RhoGAP, Rap-activated Rho GTPase-activating protein implicated in neurite outgrowth through Rho. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33026-34 pubmed..Knockdown of RA-RhoGAP reduced the Rap1-induced neurite outgrowth. These results indicate that RA-RhoGAP transduces a signal from Rap1 to Rho and regulates the neurite outgrowth. ..
- Yabuta N, Onda H, Watanabe M, Yoshioka N, Nagamori I, Funatsu T, et al. Isolation and characterization of the TIGA genes, whose transcripts are induced by growth arrest. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:4878-92 pubmed..Further analysis of the TIGA genes we have identified here may help us to better understand the mechanisms that regulate the G0 phase. ..
- Yamada S, Tomoeda M, Ozawa Y, Yoneda S, Terashima Y, Ikezawa K, et al. PLAP-1/asporin, a novel negative regulator of periodontal ligament mineralization. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23070-80 pubmed
- Muto T, Tsuchiya D, Morikawa K, Jingami H. Expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of the ligand-binding domain of metabotropic glutamate receptor 7. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2007;63:627-30 pubmed..4, c = 114.3 A. Assuming the presence of one protomer per crystallographic asymmetric unit, the Matthews coefficient V(M) was calculated to be 2.5 A3 Da(-1) and the solvent content was 51%. ..
- Kato H, Takeuchi O, Mikamo Satoh E, Hirai R, Kawai T, Matsushita K, et al. Length-dependent recognition of double-stranded ribonucleic acids by retinoic acid-inducible gene-I and melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5. J Exp Med. 2008;205:1601-10 pubmed publisher..Collectively, RIG-I detects dsRNAs without a 5'-triphosphate end, and RIG-I and MDA5 selectively recognize short and long dsRNAs, respectively. ..
- Mukai Y, Shibata H, Nakamura T, Yoshioka Y, Abe Y, Nomura T, et al. Structure-function relationship of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and its receptor interaction based on 3D structural analysis of a fully active TNFR1-selective TNF mutant. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:1221-9 pubmed publisher..This phage display technique can be used to efficiently construct functional mutants for analysis of the TNF structure-function relationship, which might facilitate in silico drug design based on receptor selectivity. ..
- Maeda T, Wakisaka S. CTRP3/cartducin is induced by transforming growth factor-beta1 and promotes vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. Cell Biol Int. 2010;34:261-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study demonstrate a novel biological role of CTRP3/cartducin in promoting vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation in blood vessel walls after injury. ..
- Hiyoshi H, Kodama T, Iida T, Honda T. Contribution of Vibrio parahaemolyticus virulence factors to cytotoxicity, enterotoxicity, and lethality in mice. Infect Immun. 2010;78:1772-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new indications that these virulence factors contribute to and orchestrate each distinct aspect of the pathogenicity of V. parahaemolyticus. ..
- Song S, Tomosugi N, Kawabata H, Ishikawa T, Nishikawa T, Yoshizaki K. Down-regulation of hepcidin resulting from long-term treatment with an anti-IL-6 receptor antibody (tocilizumab) improves anemia of inflammation in multicentric Castleman disease. Blood. 2010;116:3627-34 pubmed publisher..This accounts for the long-term ameliorative effect of IL-6 blockage with tocilizumab on anemia by inhibiting hepcidin production in MCD patients. ..
- Miki T, Kamikawa Y, Kurono S, Kaneko Y, Katahira J, Yoneda Y. Cell type-dependent gene regulation by Staufen2 in conjunction with Upf1. BMC Mol Biol. 2011;12:48 pubmed publisher..To elucidate the functions of Stau2, we screened for novel binding partners by affinity purification of GST-tagged Stau2 from 293F cells...
- Sin Y, Tanaka K, Saijo M. The C-terminal Region and SUMOylation of Cockayne Syndrome Group B Protein Play Critical Roles in Transcription-coupled Nucleotide Excision Repair. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1387-97 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that both the most C-terminal region and SUMOylation are important for the functions of CSB in TC-NER. ..
- Jiang Y, Loh Y, Rajarajan P, Hirayama T, Liao W, Kassim B, et al. The methyltransferase SETDB1 regulates a large neuron-specific topological chromatin domain. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1239-1250 pubmed publisher..We show that the SETDB1 repressor complex, which involves multiple KRAB zinc finger proteins, shields neuronal genomes from excess CTCF binding and is critically required for structural maintenance of TADcPcdh. ..
- Yuasa M, Masutani C, Eki T, Hanaoka F. Genomic structure, chromosomal localization and identification of mutations in the xeroderma pigmentosum variant (XPV) gene. Oncogene. 2000;19:4721-8 pubmed..These findings provide a basis for diagnosis and therapy of XP-V patients. ..
- Kunisawa J, Nakanishi T, Takahashi I, Okudaira A, Tsutsumi Y, Katayama K, et al. Sendai virus fusion protein mediates simultaneous induction of MHC class I/II-dependent mucosal and systemic immune responses via the nasopharyngeal-associated lymphoreticular tissue immune system. J Immunol. 2001;167:1406-12 pubmed..These results indicate that fusogenic liposome is a versatile and effective system for the stimulation of Ag-specific immune responses at both mucosal and systemic compartments. ..
- Ogawa H, Murayama A, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. Regulation of myeloid zinc finger protein 2A transactivation activity through phosphorylation by mitogen-activated protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2921-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that MZF-2A is a novel target for the ERK and p38 MAP kinase signaling pathways, and its transactivation activity is negatively regulated by MAP kinase-mediated phosphorylation of the TAD. ..
- Fujita H, Fukuhara S, Sakurai A, Yamagishi A, Kamioka Y, Nakaoka Y, et al. Local activation of Rap1 contributes to directional vascular endothelial cell migration accompanied by extension of microtubules on which RAPL, a Rap1-associating molecule, localizes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5022-31 pubmed..Collectively, the locally activated Rap1 and its association with RAPL controls the directional migration of vascular endothelial cells. ..
- Yonemasu R, Minami M, Nakatsu Y, Takeuchi M, Kuraoka I, Matsuda Y, et al. Disruption of mouse XAB2 gene involved in pre-mRNA splicing, transcription and transcription-coupled DNA repair results in preimplantation lethality. DNA Repair (Amst). 2005;4:479-91 pubmed..These results indicate that XAB2 has an essential function in mouse embryogenesis. ..
- Saeki M, Irie Y, Ni L, Yoshida M, Itsuki Y, Kamisaki Y. Monad, a WD40 repeat protein, promotes apoptosis induced by TNF-alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:568-72 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that Monad may function as a novel modulator of apoptosis pathway. ..
- Hisamitsu T, Yamada K, Nakamura T, Wakabayashi S. Functional importance of charged residues within the putative intracellular loops in pH regulation by Na+/ H+ exchanger NHE1. FEBS J. 2007;274:4326-35 pubmed..In addition, Glu131 may also be important for cation transport. ..
- Tanemura M, Saga A, Kawamoto K, Deguchi T, Machida T, Nishida T, et al. In vitro and in vivo prevention of human CD8+ CTL-mediated xenocytotoxicity by pig c-FLIP expression in porcine endothelial cells. Am J Transplant. 2008;8:288-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, intracellular remodeling with the overexpression of c-FLIP(S/L) in xenograft cells may avoid innate cellular attacks against xenografts and facilitate long-term xenograft survival. ..
- Arai M, Hayashi A, Sobou M, Ishida S, Kawachi T, Kotoku N, et al. Anti-angiogenic effect of triterpenoidal saponins from Polygala senega. J Nat Med. 2011;65:149-56 pubmed publisher..c.-inoculated murine sarcoma S180 cells. The analysis of the action mechanism of senegin III (2) suggested that the induction of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) would contribute to the anti-angiogenic effects of senegasaponins. ..
- Akiyama H, Otani M, Sato S, Toyosawa S, Furukawa S, Wakisaka S, et al. A novel adipokine C1q/TNF-related protein 1 (CTRP1) regulates chondrocyte proliferation and maturation through the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;369:63-71 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the inhibitory effect of CTRP1 on chondrocyte maturation is associated with suppression of the ERK1/2 pathway. These results suggest a novel physiological role for CTRP1 in endochondral ossification. ..
- Okabe J, Eguchi A, Masago A, Hayakawa T, Nakanishi M. TRF1 is a critical trans-acting factor required for de novo telomere formation in human cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:2639-50 pubmed..Our study shows clearly that TRF1 has a novel physiological significance distinct from its role as a regulator of telomere length in the endogenous chromosome. The possible role of TRF1 in cell aging and immortalization is discussed. ..
- Katafuchi T, Hamano K, Minamino N. Identification, structural determination, and biological activity of bovine and canine calcitonin receptor-stimulating peptides. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:74-9 pubmed
- Fujita M, Nagai Y, Sawada T, Heese K. Identification of rTid-1, the rat homologue of the drosophila tumor suppressor l(2)tid gene. Mol Cell Biochem. 2004;258:183-9 pubmed..This finding points to a pivotal role of Tid-1 in the control of cellular survival. ..
- Kimura T, Sakisaka T, Baba T, Yamada T, Takai Y. Involvement of the Ras-Ras-activated Rab5 guanine nucleotide exchange factor RIN2-Rab5 pathway in the hepatocyte growth factor-induced endocytosis of E-cadherin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10598-609 pubmed..These results indicate that RIN2 connects Ras to Rab5 in the HGF-induced endocytosis of E-cadherin. ..
- Tsuda Y, Mori Y, Abe T, Yamashita T, Okamoto T, Ichimura T, et al. Nucleolar protein B23 interacts with Japanese encephalitis virus core protein and participates in viral replication. Microbiol Immunol. 2006;50:225-34 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of dominant negatives of B23 reduced JEV replication. These results suggest that B23 plays an important role in the intracellular localization of the core protein and replication of JEV...
- Miyagawa S, Nakatsu S, Hazama K, Nakagawa T, Kondo A, Matsunami K, et al. A novel strategy for preventing PERV transmission to human cells by remodeling the viral envelope glycoprotein. Xenotransplantation. 2006;13:258-63 pubmed..The results suggest that this represents a potentially useful strategy for further decreasing the likelihood of PERV infections. ..
- Kotoku N, Tamada N, Hayashi A, Kobayashi M. Synthesis of BC-ring model of globostellatic acid X methyl ester, an anti-angiogenic substance from marine sponge. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008;18:3532-5 pubmed publisher..The model compound 5, which was synthesized within 10 reaction steps from commercially available Hajos-Parrish ketone, showed anti-proliferative activity against HUVECs with moderate selectivity. ..
- Okamoto K, Mori Y, Komoda Y, Okamoto T, Okochi M, Takeda M, et al. Intramembrane processing by signal peptide peptidase regulates the membrane localization of hepatitis C virus core protein and viral propagation. J Virol. 2008;82:8349-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that intramembrane processing of HCV core protein by SPP is required for the localization of the HCV core protein in the DRM and for viral propagation. ..
- Koyama T, Nakaoka Y, Fujio Y, Hirota H, Nishida K, Sugiyama S, et al. Interaction of scaffolding adaptor protein Gab1 with tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 negatively regulates IGF-I-dependent myogenic differentiation via the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24234-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that the Gab1-SHP2-ERK1/2 signaling pathway comprises an inhibitory axis for IGF-I-dependent myogenic differentiation. ..
- Takegahara N, Kang S, Nojima S, Takamatsu H, Okuno T, Kikutani H, et al. Integral roles of a guanine nucleotide exchange factor, FARP2, in osteoclast podosome rearrangements. FASEB J. 2010;24:4782-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings reveal an integral role of FARP2 for regulation of Rac1 and integrin ?3 throughout podosome rearrangement in osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Kambara H, Tani H, Mori Y, Abe T, Katoh H, Fukuhara T, et al. Involvement of cyclophilin B in the replication of Japanese encephalitis virus. Virology. 2011;412:211-9 pubmed publisher..CypB was colocalized and immunoprecipitated with JEV NS4A in infected cells. These results suggest that CypB plays a crucial role in the replication of JEV through an interaction with NS4A...
- Yamaguchi R, Fujihara Y, Ikawa M, Okabe M. Mice expressing aberrant sperm-specific protein PMIS2 produce normal-looking but fertilization-incompetent spermatozoa. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2671-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PMIS2 might function both as the ultimate factor regulating sperm transport into the oviducts and in modulating sperm-zona binding. ..
- Jin Y, Tachibana I, Takeda Y, He P, Kang S, Suzuki M, et al. Statins decrease lung inflammation in mice by upregulating tetraspanin CD9 in macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73706 pubmed publisher..Our data underscore the importance of the negative regulator CD9 in lung inflammation, and suggest that statins exert anti-inflammatory effects by upregulating tetraspanin CD9 in macrophages. ..
- Ishii T, Ohshima S, Ishida T, Mima T, Tabunoki Y, Kobayashi H, et al. Osteopontin as a positive regulator in the osteoclastogenesis of arthritis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:809-15 pubmed..These results suggest that OPN acts as a positive regulator in the osteoclastogenesis of arthritis through the RANK/RANKL/OPG system. ..
- Sakakibara S, Ueda K, Nishimura K, Do E, Ohsaki E, Okuno T, et al. Accumulation of heterochromatin components on the terminal repeat sequence of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus mediated by the latency-associated nuclear antigen. J Virol. 2004;78:7299-310 pubmed..Taken together, these observations indicate that LANA recruits heterochromatin components to the viral genome, which may lead to the establishment of viral latency and govern the transcription program. ..
- Kinoshita S, Taguchi S. NF-IL6 (C/EBPbeta) induces HIV-1 replication by inhibiting cytidine deaminase APOBEC3G. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15022-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the activation of HIV-1 replication by T cell host molecules and reveal a unique regulation of DNA deamination by APOBEC3G and NF-IL6. ..
- Yamamoto H, Sato A, Kikuchi A. Apical secretion of Wnt1 in polarized epithelial cells is regulated by exocyst-mediated trafficking. J Biochem. 2017;162:317-326 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polarized secretion of Wnt1 is regulated by different mechanisms than other Wnts...
- Murai K, Murakami H, Nagata S. A novel form of the myeloid-specific zinc finger protein (MZF-2). Genes Cells. 1997;2:581-91 pubmed..The distinct N-terminal half of MZF-2 carries two characteristic domains, a leucine-rich domain called LeR and an acidic domain, which suggests a unique function of MZF-2 in neutrophil development. ..