Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Miyamoto S, Hidaka K, Jin D, Morisaki T. RNA-binding proteins Rbm38 and Rbm24 regulate myogenic differentiation via p21-dependent and -independent regulatory pathways. Genes Cells. 2009;14:1241-52 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that Rbm38 plays a crucial role in cell cycle arrest and myogenic differentiation via its binding to p21. ..
- Kinoshita M, Hashimoto N, Izumoto S, Okita Y, Kagawa N, Maruno M, et al. Immunohistological profiling by B-cell differentiation status of primary central nervous system lymphoma treated by high-dose methotrexate chemotherapy. J Neurooncol. 2010;99:95-101 pubmed publisher..17 log-rank). Our results imply that different B-cell stages in PCNSL have significant relevance in terms of biological behavior. However, clinical use as a prognostic marker requires further investigation. ..
- Kimura T, Nakano T. Induction of pluripotency in primordial germ cells. Histol Histopathol. 2011;26:643-50 pubmed publisher..The regulatory mechanisms of PGC dedifferentiation are discussed in comparison with those involved in the dedifferentiation of testicular stem cells, ESC pluripotency, and somatic nuclear reprogramming. ..
- Abe H, Okazawa M, Nakanishi S. The Etv1/Er81 transcription factor orchestrates activity-dependent gene regulation in the terminal maturation program of cerebellar granule cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12497-502 pubmed publisher..Etv1 thus orchestrates the activity-dependent gene regulation in the terminal maturation program and specifies the identity of cerebellar granule cells. ..
- Hirata K, Wada K, Murata Y, Nakajima A, Yamashiro T, Kamisaki Y. Critical role of leukotriene B4 receptor signaling in mouse 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiation. Lipids Health Dis. 2013;12:122 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are necessary to confirm the exact role of LTB4 and BLTs signaling pathways in preadipocyte differentiation. ..
- Komori T, Yagi H, Nomura S, Yamaguchi A, Sasaki K, Deguchi K, et al. Targeted disruption of Cbfa1 results in a complete lack of bone formation owing to maturational arrest of osteoblasts. Cell. 1997;89:755-64 pubmed
- Hirose T, Tamaru T, Okumura N, Nagai K, Okada M. PCTAIRE 2, a Cdc2-related serine/threonine kinase, is predominantly expressed in terminally differentiated neurons. Eur J Biochem. 1997;249:481-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that PCTAIRE 2 is a Ser/Thr kinase that might play a unique role in terminally differentiated neurons. ..
- Ohta H, Yomogida K, Dohmae K, Nishimune Y. Regulation of proliferation and differentiation in spermatogonial stem cells: the role of c-kit and its ligand SCF. Development. 2000;127:2125-31 pubmed
- Tohda A, Okuno T, Matsumiya K, Okabe M, Kishikawa H, Dohmae K, et al. Restoration of spermatogenesis and fertility in azoospermic mutant mice by suppression and reelevation of testosterone followed by intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:85-90 pubmed..Furthermore, we successfully rescued male sterility in jsd mice by subsequent intracytoplasmic sperm injection using the elongated spermatids induced by the programmed hormone therapy. ..
- Horike N, Takemori H, Katoh Y, Doi J, Min L, Asano T, et al. Adipose-specific expression, phosphorylation of Ser794 in insulin receptor substrate-1, and activation in diabetic animals of salt-inducible kinase-2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18440-7 pubmed
- Tokoyoda K, Tsujikawa K, Matsushita H, Ono Y, Hayashi T, Harada Y, et al. Up-regulation of IL-4 production by the activated cAMP/cAMP-dependent protein kinase (protein kinase A) pathway in CD3/CD28-stimulated naive T cells. Int Immunol. 2004;16:643-53 pubmed..These findings indicate that the cAMP/PKA pathway transduces the critical activation signal to T(h)2 polarization by a CD3/CD28 co-stimulation signal and a PKA activating reagent. ..
- Ichida F, Nishimura R, Hata K, Matsubara T, Ikeda F, Hisada K, et al. Reciprocal roles of MSX2 in regulation of osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34015-22 pubmed..These data indicate that Msx2 promotes osteoblast differentiation independently of Runx2 and negatively regulates adipocyte differentiation through inhibition of PPARgamma and the C/EBP family. ..
- Kitajima K, Zheng J, Yen H, Sugiyama D, Nakano T. Multipotential differentiation ability of GATA-1-null erythroid-committed cells. Genes Dev. 2006;20:654-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that GATA-1 is a critical transcription factor to fix erythroid progenitors to the erythroid lineage. ..
- Wada K, Arita M, Nakajima A, Katayama K, Kudo C, Kamisaki Y, et al. Leukotriene B4 and lipoxin A4 are regulatory signals for neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. FASEB J. 2006;20:1785-92 pubmed..These results indicate for the first time that LTB(4) and LXA(4) directly regulate proliferation and differentiation of NSCs, suggesting these new pathways may be useful in restoring stem cells. ..
- Toyoda S, Miyazaki T, Miyazaki S, Yoshimura T, Yamamoto M, Tashiro F, et al. Sohlh2 affects differentiation of KIT positive oocytes and spermatogonia. Dev Biol. 2009;325:238-48 pubmed publisher..This study lays the foundation for further dissection of the bHLH network that regulates early spermatogenesis and oogenesis. ..
- Kaneto H, Matsuoka T, Katakami N, Matsuhisa M. Combination of MafA, PDX-1 and NeuroD is a useful tool to efficiently induce insulin-producing surrogate beta-cells. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:3144-51 pubmed..The combination of MafA, PDX-1 and NeuroD markedly induces insulin biosynthesis in various non-beta-cells and thereby is a useful tool to efficiently induce insulin-producing surrogate beta-cells. ..
- Yanagita M, Kobayashi R, Kojima Y, Mori K, Murakami S. Nicotine modulates the immunological function of dendritic cells through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? upregulation. Cell Immunol. 2012;274:26-33 pubmed publisher..In addition, reduction of Th1 responses was inhibited after blocking nAChR-mediated signal. These data suggest the effect of nicotine on altering DC immunogenicity by impeding Th1 immunity is partially mediated by upregulation of PPAR ?...
- Michikami I, Fukushi T, Honma S, Yoshioka S, Itoh S, Muragaki Y, et al. Trps1 is necessary for normal temporomandibular joint development. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;348:131-40 pubmed publisher..These observations underscore the indispensable role played by Trps1 in normal TMJ development in supporting the differentiation of disc and synoviocyte progenitor cells and in coordinating condylar chondrocyte differentiation...
- Nakano T, Ando S, Takata N, Kawada M, Muguruma K, Sekiguchi K, et al. Self-formation of optic cups and storable stratified neural retina from human ESCs. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;10:771-785 pubmed publisher..This storage method at an intermediate step during the time-consuming differentiation process provides a versatile solution for quality control in large-scale preparation of clinical-grade retinal tissues. ..
- Ito K, Maruyama Z, Sakai A, Izumi S, Moriishi T, Yoshida C, et al. Overexpression of Cdk6 and Ccnd1 in chondrocytes inhibited chondrocyte maturation and caused p53-dependent apoptosis without enhancing proliferation. Oncogene. 2014;33:1862-71 pubmed publisher..Our findings also indicated that p53 deletion in addition to the inactivation of Rb was not sufficient to accelerate chondrocyte proliferation, suggesting the resistance of chondrocytes to sarcomagenesis. ..
- Nakahama T, Hanieh H, Nguyen N, Chinen I, Ripley B, Millrine D, et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated induction of the microRNA-132/212 cluster promotes interleukin-17-producing T-helper cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11964-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a unique mechanism of AHR-dependent TH17 differentiation that depends on the miR-132/212 cluster. ..
- Hanafusa T, Kato K, Azukizawa H, Miyazaki J, Takeda J, Katayama I. B-1 B cell progenitors transiently and partially express keratin 5 during differentiation in bone marrow. J Dermatol Sci. 2016;81:173-81 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that B-1 B cells transiently and partially express K5 in BM and are potent for both natural antibody production and antigen presentation. ..
- Morii E, Ogihara H, Kim D, Ito A, Oboki K, Lee Y, et al. Importance of leucine zipper domain of mi transcription factor (MITF) for differentiation of mast cells demonstrated using mi(ce)/mi(ce) mutant mice of which MITF lacks the zipper domain. Blood. 2001;97:2038-44 pubmed..The Zip domain of MITF appeared to be important for the development of mast cells. (Blood. 2001;97:2038-2044) ..
- Mori H, Sakakibara S, Imai T, Nakamura Y, Iijima T, Suzuki A, et al. Expression of mouse igf2 mRNA-binding protein 3 and its implications for the developing central nervous system. J Neurosci Res. 2001;64:132-43 pubmed..Taken together, these observations raise the possibility that mIMP3 represses neuronal differentiation through the regulation of igf2 mRNA expression. ..
- Kitajima K, Masuhara M, Era T, Enver T, Nakano T. GATA-2 and GATA-2/ER display opposing activities in the development and differentiation of blood progenitors. EMBO J. 2002;21:3060-9 pubmed
- Jinushi M, Takehara T, Kanto T, Tatsumi T, Groh V, Spies T, et al. Critical role of MHC class I-related chain A and B expression on IFN-alpha-stimulated dendritic cells in NK cell activation: impairment in chronic hepatitis C virus infection. J Immunol. 2003;170:1249-56 pubmed..These findings suggested that MICA/B induction on DCs may be one of the mechanisms by which IFN-alpha activates NK cells; this impairment might affect IFN-alpha responsiveness in hepatitis C virus infection. ..
- Maeda M, Yamamoto I, Fujio Y, Azuma J. Homocysteine induces vascular endothelial growth factor expression in differentiated THP-1 macrophages. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1623:41-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hyperhomocysteinemia could promote the development of atherosclerotic lesions through VEGF induction in macrophages. ..
- Miyatsuka T, Kaneto H, Kajimoto Y, Hirota S, Arakawa Y, Fujitani Y, et al. Ectopically expressed PDX-1 in liver initiates endocrine and exocrine pancreas differentiation but causes dysmorphogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:1017-25 pubmed..The conditional PDX-1 transgenic mouse system developed in this study appeared to be useful for efficient screening of PDX-1 responsive somatic tissues and cells. ..
- Miyazaki S, Yamato E, Miyazaki J. Regulated expression of pdx-1 promotes in vitro differentiation of insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells. Diabetes. 2004;53:1030-7 pubmed..Thus, exogenous expression of pdx-1 should provide a promising approach for efficiently producing insulin-secreting cells from human ES cells for future therapeutic use in diabetic patients. ..
- Kishida Y, Hirao M, Tamai N, Nampei A, Fujimoto T, Nakase T, et al. Leptin regulates chondrocyte differentiation and matrix maturation during endochondral ossification. Bone. 2005;37:607-21 pubmed..These findings suggest that peripheral leptin signaling plays an essential role in endochondral ossification at the growth plate. ..
- Takeda T, Sakata M, Isobe A, Yamamoto T, Nishimoto F, Minekawa R, et al. Involvement of Sp-1 in the regulation of the Id-1 gene during trophoblast cell differentiation. Placenta. 2007;28:192-8 pubmed..The protein level of Sp-1 was decreased during the differentiation. These results suggest that the Sp-1 protein level may regulate the Box-2-binding activity and the trophoblast giant-cell differentiation. ..
- Narumiya H, Hidaka K, Shirai M, Terami H, Aburatani H, Morisaki T. Endocardiogenesis in embryoid bodies: novel markers identified by gene expression profiling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:896-902 pubmed..Further, they indicate that these new marker genes are useful to study the origin and induction of endocardial cells, and identify other endocardial markers. ..
- Yamada S, Tomoeda M, Ozawa Y, Yoneda S, Terashima Y, Ikezawa K, et al. PLAP-1/asporin, a novel negative regulator of periodontal ligament mineralization. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23070-80 pubmed
- Jin D, Hidaka K, Shirai M, Morisaki T. RNA-binding motif protein 24 regulates myogenin expression and promotes myogenic differentiation. Genes Cells. 2010;15:1158-67 pubmed publisher..Rbm24 plays a crucial role in myogenic differentiation at least in part through a myogenin-dependent post-transcriptional regulatory pathway. ..
- Nishimura R, Wakabayashi M, Hata K, Matsubara T, Honma S, Wakisaka S, et al. Osterix regulates calcification and degradation of chondrogenic matrices through matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP13) expression in association with transcription factor Runx2 during endochondral ossification. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33179-90 pubmed
- Kawamura M, Miyagawa S, Miki K, Saito A, Fukushima S, Higuchi T, et al. Feasibility, safety, and therapeutic efficacy of human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocyte sheets in a porcine ischemic cardiomyopathy model. Circulation. 2012;126:S29-37 pubmed..This newly developed culture system and the hiPS-CM sheets may provide a basis for the clinical use of hiPS cells in cardiac regeneration therapy. ..
- Kitajima S, Yoshida A, Kohno S, Li F, Suzuki S, Nagatani N, et al. The RB-IL-6 axis controls self-renewal and endocrine therapy resistance by fine-tuning mitochondrial activity. Oncogene. 2017;36:5145-5157 pubmed publisher..These findings unveiled an unexpected strategy whereby RB suppresses malignant features of cancer cells through metabolic reprogramming and cell-autonomous inflammation. ..
- Tsuji L, Takumi T, Imamoto N, Yoneda Y. Identification of novel homologues of mouse importin alpha, the alpha subunit of the nuclear pore-targeting complex, and their tissue-specific expression. FEBS Lett. 1997;416:30-4 pubmed..These results suggest that the function of these proteins may be controlled in a tissue-specific manner and that their combinatorial expression may play a role in differentiation and organogenesis. ..
- Toyofuku T, Hong Z, Kuzuya T, Tada M, Hori M. Wnt/frizzled-2 signaling induces aggregation and adhesion among cardiac myocytes by increased cadherin-beta-catenin complex. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:225-41 pubmed..These findings suggest that a Wnt-frizzled-2 signaling pathway is centrally involved in the morphological arrangement of cardiac myocytes in neonatal heart through stabilization of complexed cadherin- beta-catenin. ..
- Nakanishi C, Yamagishi M, Yamahara K, Hagino I, Mori H, Sawa Y, et al. Activation of cardiac progenitor cells through paracrine effects of mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:11-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MSC-derived conditioned medium had protective effects on CPC and enhanced their migration and differentiation...
- Kise K, Kinugasa Katayama Y, Takakura N. Tumor microenvironment for cancer stem cells. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016;99:197-205 pubmed publisher..Therefore, to kill CSCs, we need to understand the cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in the maintenance of the immature phenotype of CSCs and in drug resistance. ..
- Nagai R, Matsuura E, Hoshika Y, Nakata E, Nagura H, Watanabe A, et al. RUNX1 suppression induces megakaryocytic differentiation of UT-7/GM cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:78-84 pubmed..These results suggest that RUNX1 down-regulates terminal differentiation of megakaryocytes and promotes proliferation of megakaryocytic progenitors. ..
- Iwayama T, Yanagita M, Mori K, Sawada K, Ozasa M, Kubota M, et al. Adiponectin regulates functions of gingival fibroblasts and periodontal ligament cells. J Periodontal Res. 2012;47:563-71 pubmed publisher..However, the effects of adiponectin on primary gingival fibroblasts and periodontal ligament cells are still unexplored. Therefore, we investigated the effects of adiponectin on gingival fibroblasts and periodontal ligament cells...
- Yoshioka S, Takahashi Y, Abe M, Michikami I, Imazato S, Wakisaka S, et al. Activation of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway and tissue inhibitor of metalloprotease 1 during tertiary dentinogenesis. J Biochem. 2013;153:43-50 pubmed publisher..Timp1 might play crucial roles in reactivation of immature pulp cells for tertiary dentinogenesis. ..
- Sawamoto K, Yamada C, Kishida S, Hirota Y, Taguchi A, Kikuchi A, et al. Ectopic expression of constitutively activated Ral GTPase inhibits cell shape changes during Drosophila eye development. Oncogene. 1999;18:1967-74 pubmed..In addition, the phenotype was synergistically enhanced by the coexpression of RhoA. These results suggest that Ral functions to control the cytoskeletal structure required for cell shape changes during Drosophila development. ..
- Tohda A, Matsumiya K, Tadokoro Y, Yomogida K, Miyagawa Y, Dohmae K, et al. Testosterone suppresses spermatogenesis in juvenile spermatogonial depletion (jsd ) mice. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:532-7 pubmed
- Kanayama T, Kobayashi N, Mamiya S, Nakanishi T, Nishikawa J. Organotin compounds promote adipocyte differentiation as agonists of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma/retinoid X receptor pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:766-74 pubmed..We found that organotin compounds stimulated differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells as well as expression of adipocyte marker genes. ..
- Chowdhury S, Muneyuki Y, Takezawa Y, Kino oka M, Saito A, Sawa Y, et al. Growth and differentiation potentials in confluent state of culture of human skeletal muscle myoblasts. J Biosci Bioeng. 2010;109:310-3 pubmed publisher..Close cell contacts in the confluent state of high seeding culture induced cell quiescence to a higher extent with suppressing differentiation. ..
- Hagihara M, Endo M, Hata K, Higuchi C, Takaoka K, Yoshikawa H, et al. Neogenin, a receptor for bone morphogenetic proteins. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5157-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that neogenin negatively regulates the functions of BMP and that this effect of neogenin is mediated by the activation of RhoA. ..
- Fukasaka M, Ori D, Kawagoe T, Uematsu S, Maruyama K, Okazaki T, et al. Critical role of AZI2 in GM-CSF-induced dendritic cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2013;190:5702-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, AZI2 expression is critical for the generation of cDCs by GM-CSF and can potentially be used to increase the efficiency of immunization by cDCs. ..
- Tadokoro Y, Yomogida K, Ohta H, Tohda A, Nishimune Y. Homeostatic regulation of germinal stem cell proliferation by the GDNF/FSH pathway. Mech Dev. 2002;113:29-39 pubmed..These results suggest that in mammalian testes, GSC proliferation and population size are regulated homeostatically by the GDNF/FSH pathway. ..
- Yamashita T, Higuchi H, Tohyama M. The p75 receptor transduces the signal from myelin-associated glycoprotein to Rho. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:565-70 pubmed..Ganglioside GT1b, which is one of the binding partners of MAG, specifically associates with p75(NTR). Thus, p75(NTR) and GT1b may form a receptor complex for MAG to transmit the inhibitory signals in neurons. ..
- Enomoto H, Shiojiri S, Hoshi K, Furuichi T, Fukuyama R, Yoshida C, et al. Induction of osteoclast differentiation by Runx2 through receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappa B ligand (RANKL) and osteoprotegerin regulation and partial rescue of osteoclastogenesis in Runx2-/- mice by RANKL transgene. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23971-7 pubmed
- Okada Y, Matsuura E, Tozuka Z, Nagai R, Watanabe A, Matsumoto K, et al. Upstream stimulatory factors stimulate transcription through E-box motifs in the PF4 gene in megakaryocytes. Blood. 2004;104:2027-34 pubmed..Thus, these studies demonstrate that the novel TME binding transcription factors, USF1 and 2, transactivate rat and human PF4 promoters and may play an important role in megakaryocytic gene expression. ..
- Saji Y, Tamura S, Yoshida Y, Kiso S, Iizuka A, Matsumoto H, et al. Basic fibroblast growth factor promotes the trans-differentiation of mouse bone marrow cells into hepatic lineage cells via multiple liver-enriched transcription factors. J Hepatol. 2004;41:545-50 pubmed..In particular, basic fibroblast growth factor has the ability to induce the trans-differentiation into hepatic lineage cells from BM cells. ..
- Iida S, Kohro T, Kodama T, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. Identification of CCR2, flotillin, and gp49B genes as new G-CSF targets during neutrophilic differentiation. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:481-90 pubmed..We show that bone marrow neutrophils express functional CCR2, which suggest that CC chemokines may play previously unknown roles in neutrophil activation and chemotaxis. ..
- Yamada H, Takano T, Ito Y, Matsuzuka F, Miya A, Kobayashi K, et al. Expression of nestin mRNA is a differentiation marker in thyroid tumors. Cancer Lett. 2009;280:61-4 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that nestin mRNA is a differentiation marker, and its expression does not relate to malignant characteristics in thyroid tumors. ..
- Konishi S, Gotoh S, Tateishi K, Yamamoto Y, Korogi Y, Nagasaki T, et al. Directed Induction of Functional Multi-ciliated Cells in Proximal Airway Epithelial Spheroids from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:18-25 pubmed publisher..This method is expected to be useful for future studies on human airway disease modeling and regenerative medicine. ..
- Kuroda M, Muramatsu R, Maedera N, Koyama Y, Hamaguchi M, Fujimura H, et al. Peripherally derived FGF21 promotes remyelination in the central nervous system. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3496-3509 pubmed publisher..Vascular barrier disruption is a common feature of many CNS disorders; thus, our findings reveal a potentially important role for the peripheral milieu in promoting CNS regeneration. ..
- Kamachi Y, Uchikawa M, Collignon J, Lovell Badge R, Kondoh H. Involvement of Sox1, 2 and 3 in the early and subsequent molecular events of lens induction. Development. 1998;125:2521-32 pubmed..Continued activity, especially of SOX1, is then essential for further development of the lens. ..
- Nishizuka M, Arimoto E, Tsuchiya T, Nishihara T, Imagawa M. Crucial role of TCL/TC10beta L, a subfamily of Rho GTPase, in adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15279-84 pubmed..The expression pattern of some of them was similar to TCL/TC10betaL expression in adipogenesis, suggesting that the expression of these genes would be regulated by TCL/TC10betaL. ..
- Wakamatsu K, Ogita H, Okabe N, Irie K, Tanaka Okamoto M, Ishizaki H, et al. Up-regulation of loricrin expression by cell adhesion molecule nectin-1 through Rap1-ERK signaling in keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18173-81 pubmed..These results indicate that nectin-1 plays a key role in the expression of loricrin in the epidermis. ..
- Maruyama K, Kawagoe T, Kondo T, Akira S, Takeuchi O. TRAF family member-associated NF-?B activator (TANK) is a negative regulator of osteoclastogenesis and bone formation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:29114-24 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that TANK is critical for osteoclastogenesis by regulating NF-?B, and is also important for proper bone remodeling...
- Nakajima T, Inui S, Fushimi T, Noguchi F, Kitagawa Y, Reddy J, et al. Roles of MED1 in quiescence of hair follicle stem cells and maintenance of normal hair cycling. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:354-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MED1 has roles in maintaining quiescence of keratinocytes and preventing depletion of the follicular stem cells...
- Maruyama K, Uematsu S, Kondo T, Takeuchi O, Martino M, Kawasaki T, et al. Strawberry notch homologue 2 regulates osteoclast fusion by enhancing the expression of DC-STAMP. J Exp Med. 2013;210:1947-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, Sbno2 plays a pivotal role in bone homeostasis in vivo by fine-tuning osteoclast fusion. ..
- Iwai N, Kitajima K, Sakai K, Kimura T, Nakano T. Alteration of cell adhesion and cell cycle properties of ES cells by an inducible dominant interfering Myb mutant. Oncogene. 2001;20:1425-34 pubmed..These results are well consistent with the recent report on the phenotype of B-Myb null mice and show that the regulation of cell adhesion is an important B-Myb function that has not yet been assumed. ..
- Ishii T, Ohshima S, Ishida T, Mima T, Tabunoki Y, Kobayashi H, et al. Osteopontin as a positive regulator in the osteoclastogenesis of arthritis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:809-15 pubmed..These results suggest that OPN acts as a positive regulator in the osteoclastogenesis of arthritis through the RANK/RANKL/OPG system. ..
- Kuwajima T, Taniura H, Nishimura I, Yoshikawa K. Necdin interacts with the Msx2 homeodomain protein via MAGE-D1 to promote myogenic differentiation of C2C12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40484-93 pubmed..These results suggest that necdin and MAGE-D1 cooperate to modulate the function of Dlx/Msx homeodomain proteins in cellular differentiation. ..
- Kimura E, Hidaka K, Kida Y, Morisaki H, Shirai M, Araki K, et al. Serine-arginine-rich nuclear protein Luc7l regulates myogenesis in mice. Gene. 2004;341:41-7 pubmed..We also demonstrated that forced expression of Luc7l protein inhibited myogenesis in vitro. Based on our results, Luc7l is thought to play an important role in the regulation of muscle differentiation. ..
- Takaoka K, Yamamoto M, Hamada H. Origin and role of distal visceral endoderm, a group of cells that determines anterior-posterior polarity of the mouse embryo. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:743-52 pubmed publisher..Future anterior-posterior polarity is thus already determined by Lefty1(+) blastomeres in the implanting blastocyst...
- Sakakibara S, Okano H. Expression of neural RNA-binding proteins in the postnatal CNS: implications of their roles in neuronal and glial cell development. J Neurosci. 1997;17:8300-12 pubmed..These observations imply that these two RNA-binding proteins may be involved in the development of neurons and glia by regulating gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Matsumiya K, Meistrich M, Shetty G, Dohmae K, Tohda A, Okuyama A, et al. Stimulation of spermatogonial differentiation in juvenile spermatogonial depletion (jsd) mutant mice by gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist treatment. Endocrinology. 1999;140:4912-5 pubmed..5 and 8 weeks of age, respectively. We propose that spermatogonial differentiation in jsd/jsd mutant mice is sensitive to the high intratesticular levels of testosterone and can only proceed when testosterone production is suppressed. ..
- Terami H, Hidaka K, Shirai M, Narumiya H, Kuroyanagi T, Arai Y, et al. Efficient capture of cardiogenesis-associated genes expressed in ES cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:47-53 pubmed..5-10.5. Based on our results, we consider that the present profiling method may be useful to identify novel genes important for cardiac development. ..
- Kawato Y, Hirao M, Ebina K, Shi K, Hashimoto J, Honjo Y, et al. Nkx3.2 promotes primary chondrogenic differentiation by upregulating Col2a1 transcription. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34703 pubmed publisher..2 bound to the Col2a1 enhancer element. Nkx3.2 promoted primary chondrogenesis by two mechanisms: Direct and Sox9-independent upregulation of Col2a1 transcription and upregulation of Sox9 mRNA expression under positive feedback system. ..
- Murai K, Murakami H, Nagata S. Myeloid-specific transcriptional activation by murine myeloid zinc-finger protein 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3461-6 pubmed..The middle region recruits a coactivator, which is responsible for myeloid-specific transcriptional activation. The C-terminal zinc-finger domain functions as a DNA-binding domain. ..
- Tabata M, Fujii T, Liu J, Ohmori T, Abe M, Wakisaka S, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 is involved in cusp formation in molar tooth germ of mice. Eur J Oral Sci. 2002;110:114-20 pubmed..Our data thus suggest that BMP4 is involved in cusp formation and differentiation of ameloblasts in the occlusal region of molars...
- Park S, Nakagawa T, Kitamura H, Atsumi T, Kamon H, Sawa S, et al. IL-6 regulates in vivo dendritic cell differentiation through STAT3 activation. J Immunol. 2004;173:3844-54 pubmed..IL-6 is thus a potent regulator of DC differentiation in vivo, and IL-6-gp130-STAT3 signaling in DCs may represent a critical target for controlling T cell-mediated immune responses in vivo. ..
- Fujimori K, Aritake K, Urade Y. A novel pathway to enhance adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells by up-regulation of lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase mediated by liver X receptor-activated sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18458-66 pubmed..Liver X receptor-mediated up-regulation of L-PGDS through activation of SREBP-1c is a novel path-way to enhance adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Satoh Y, Yokota T, Sudo T, Kondo M, Lai A, Kincade P, et al. The Satb1 protein directs hematopoietic stem cell differentiation toward lymphoid lineages. Immunity. 2013;38:1105-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, Satb1 governs the initiating process central to the replenishing of lymphoid lineages. Such activity in lymphoid cell generation may be of clinical importance and useful to overcome immunosenescence. ..
- Kohroki J, Fujita S, Itoh N, Yamada Y, Imai H, Yumoto N, et al. ATRA-regulated Asb-2 gene induced in differentiation of HL-60 leukemia cells. FEBS Lett. 2001;505:223-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that ASB-2 is directly induced by ATRA and may act as a significant regulator, underlying such physiological processes as cell differentiation. ..
- Kikutani H, Kumanogoh A. Semaphorins in interactions between T cells and antigen-presenting cells. Nat Rev Immunol. 2003;3:159-67 pubmed..Emerging evidence indicates that additional semaphorins and related molecules are involved in T-cell-APC interactions also. ..
- Komori T. Requisite roles of Runx2 and Cbfb in skeletal development. J Bone Miner Metab. 2003;21:193-7 pubmed..Core binding factor beta (Cbfb) is a cotranscription factor which forms a heterodimer with Runx proteins. Cbfb is required for the functions of Runx1 and Runx2. Thus, Runx2/Cbfb heterodimers play essential roles in skeletal development. ..
- Ikeda F, Nishimura R, Matsubara T, Tanaka S, Inoue J, Reddy S, et al. Critical roles of c-Jun signaling in regulation of NFAT family and RANKL-regulated osteoclast differentiation. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:475-84 pubmed..Collectively, these results indicate that c-Jun signaling in cooperation with NFAT is crucial for RANKL-regulated osteoclast differentiation. ..
- Kondoh H, Uchikawa M, Kamachi Y. Interplay of Pax6 and SOX2 in lens development as a paradigm of genetic switch mechanisms for cell differentiation. Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:819-27 pubmed..Thus, the regulation of SOX2 (and SOX1/3) and its partner factors, exemplified by Pax6, determines the spatio-temporal order of the occurrence of cell differentiation. ..
- Hata K, Nishimura R, Ueda M, Ikeda F, Matsubara T, Ichida F, et al. A CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta isoform, liver-enriched inhibitory protein, regulates commitment of osteoblasts and adipocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1971-9 pubmed..Thus, identification of a novel role of the C/EBPbeta isoform provides insight into the molecular basis of the regulation of osteoblast and adipocyte commitment. ..
- Tsuboi H, Udagawa N, Hashimoto J, Yoshikawa H, Takahashi N, Ochi T. Nurse-like cells from patients with rheumatoid arthritis support the survival of osteoclast precursors via macrophage colony-stimulating factor production. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:3819-28 pubmed..Our findings suggest that NLCs are involved in RA-induced bone destruction by maintaining osteoclast precursors via production of M-CSF. ..
- Kuwajima T, Nishimura I, Yoshikawa K. Necdin promotes GABAergic neuron differentiation in cooperation with Dlx homeodomain proteins. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5383-92 pubmed..These results suggest that paternally expressed necdin facilitates the differentiation and specification of GABAergic neurons in cooperation with Dlx homeodomain proteins. ..