Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Suita, Ōsaka, Japan
Publications568 found, 100 shown here
- Yabe T, Shimizu T, Muraoka O, Bae Y, Hirata T, Nojima H, et al. Ogon/Secreted Frizzled functions as a negative feedback regulator of Bmp signaling. Development. 2003;130:2705-16 pubmed..These data indicate that Ogon/Sizzled functions as a negative regulator of Bmp signaling and reveal a novel role for a sFrp in dorsoventral patterning. ..
- Morishita H, Murata Y, Esumi S, Hamada S, Yagi T. CNR/Pcdhalpha family in subplate neurons, and developing cortical connectivity. Neuroreport. 2004;15:2595-9 pubmed..This pattern of CNR/Pcdhalpha expression suggests its involvement in the development of neocortical connectivity. ..
- Ishida A, Iijima R, Kobayashi A, Maeda M. Characterization of cAMP-dependent proteolysis of GATA-6. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:976-81 pubmed..All these results suggest that cellular factor(s) may play a crucial role in mediating the activation of the cAMP-dependent process. ..
- Kumanogoh A, Shikina T, Watanabe C, Takegahara N, Suzuki K, Yamamoto M, et al. Requirement for CD100-CD72 interactions in fine-tuning of B-cell antigen receptor signaling and homeostatic maintenance of the B-cell compartment. Int Immunol. 2005;17:1277-82 pubmed
- Moriya M, Nakatsuji Y, Okuno T, Hamasaki T, Sawada M, Sakoda S. Vitamin K2 ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in Lewis rats. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;170:11-20 pubmed..The inhibitory effect of VK2 on the iNOS expression in glial cells was also observed in vitro. Considering the long use of VK2 without noticeable untoward effects, it may be applicable to the patients with MS. ..
- Akashi M, Ichise T, Mamine T, Takumi T. Molecular mechanism of cell-autonomous circadian gene expression of Period2, a crucial regulator of the mammalian circadian clock. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:555-65 pubmed..Our results provide not only compelling evidence in support of this model but also an explanation for a general basic mechanism to produce various patterns in the phase and amplitude of cell-autonomous circadian gene expression. ..
- Kitamura K, Tanaka H, Nishimune Y. The RING-finger protein haprin: domains and function in the acrosome reaction. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2005;6:567-74 pubmed..The conserved structure and localization of the Haprin protein in human and mouse suggest an indispensable role for Haprin in the functioning of mammalian sperm. ..
- Kondoh H, Sawa Y, Miyagawa S, Sakakida Kitagawa S, Memon I, Kawaguchi N, et al. Longer preservation of cardiac performance by sheet-shaped myoblast implantation in dilated cardiomyopathic hamsters. Cardiovasc Res. 2006;69:466-75 pubmed..Thus, sheet-shaped autologous myoblast graft implantation may induce restoration of the heart in DCM. ..
- Zhao H, Ito A, Kimura S, Yabuta N, Sakai N, Ikawa M, et al. RECS1 deficiency in mice induces susceptibility to cystic medial degeneration. Genes Genet Syst. 2006;81:41-50 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that RECS1 is an endosomal/lysosomal membrane protein which plays protective roles in vascular remodeling. ..
- Yamashita A, Goto N, Nishiguchi S, Shimada K, Yamanishi H, Yasunaga T. Computational search for over-represented 8-mers within the 5'-regulatory regions of 634 mouse testis-specific genes. Gene. 2008;427:93-8 pubmed publisher..We consider that CRE-like 8-mers participate in the regulatory expression of testis-specific genes to a greater extent than the canonical CRE 8-mer. ..
- Hidaka S, Yamasaki H, Ohmayu Y, Matsuura A, Okamoto K, Kawashita N, et al. Nonlinear classification of hERG channel inhibitory activity by unsupervised classification method. J Toxicol Sci. 2010;35:393-9 pubmed..Both classifications showed some compound activity, although a few differences between the two SOM maps were seen. ..
- Matsumoto M, Fujii Y, Baba A, Hikida M, Kurosaki T, Baba Y. The calcium sensors STIM1 and STIM2 control B cell regulatory function through interleukin-10 production. Immunity. 2011;34:703-14 pubmed publisher..This resulted in exacerbation of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, a mouse model of multiple sclerosis. Our data establish STIM-dependent SOC influx as a key signal for B cell regulatory function required to limit autoimmunity. ..
- Uchikawa M, Yoshida M, Iwafuchi Doi M, Matsuda K, Ishida Y, Takemoto T, et al. B1 and B2 Sox gene expression during neural plate development in chicken and mouse embryos: universal versus species-dependent features. Dev Growth Differ. 2011;53:761-71 pubmed publisher..This article thus provides a guide to performing readouts of B1/B2 Sox expression data during neural plate development in amniotes. ..
- Ando W, Fujie H, Moriguchi Y, Nansai R, Shimomura K, Hart D, et al. Detection of abnormalities in the superficial zone of cartilage repaired using a tissue engineered construct derived from synovial stem cells. Eur Cell Mater. 2012;24:292-307 pubmed..Thus, TEC-mediated tissue exhibited compromised mechanical properties at the superficial zone, properties which need improvement in the future for maintenance of long term repair cartilage integrity. ..
- Sasaki M, Tojo A, Okochi Y, Miyawaki N, Kamimura D, Yamaguchi A, et al. Autoimmune disorder phenotypes in Hvcn1-deficient mice. Biochem J. 2013;450:295-301 pubmed publisher..The production of superoxide anion in T-cells upon stimulation with PMA was significantly attenuated in the Hvcn1-deficient mice. These results suggest that H(v) channels regulate T-cell homoeostasis in vivo. ..
- Sakai R, Maeda A, Matsuura R, Eguchi H, Lo P, Hasuwa H, et al. Expression of a Synthetic Gene of CTDM by Transgenic Animals. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1279-81 pubmed publisher..6. A naive control mouse was also analyzed in the exact manner as for the transgenic mice. A synthetic CTDM gene with codon usage optimized to the mammalian system represents a critical factor in the development of transgenic animals. ..
- Tai Nagara I, Yoshikawa Y, Numata N, Ando T, Okabe K, Sugiura Y, et al. Placental labyrinth formation in mice requires endothelial FLRT2/UNC5B signaling. Development. 2017;144:2392-2401 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the proper organization of the placental labyrinth depends on coordinated inter-endothelial repulsion, which prevents uncontrolled layering of the endothelium. ..
- Taniura H, Taniguchi N, Hara M, Yoshikawa K. Necdin, a postmitotic neuron-specific growth suppressor, interacts with viral transforming proteins and cellular transcription factor E2F1. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:720-8 pubmed..In addition, necdin suppressed the colony formation of Rb-deficient SAOS-2 osteosarcoma cells. These results suggest that necdin is a postmitotic neuron-specific growth suppressor that is functionally similar to Rb. ..
- Okada S. [Learning from the studies of twitcher mouse]. No To Hattatsu. 2001;33:107-13 pubmed..With the progression of the disease, these cells became shrunk showing the ultrastructural and biochemical characteristics of apoptosis. This may provide a key to the future treatment of Krabbe disease...
- Usui S, Konno D, Hori K, Maruoka H, Okabe S, Fujikado T, et al. Synaptic targeting of PSD-Zip45 (Homer 1c) and its involvement in the synaptic accumulation of F-actin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10619-28 pubmed..Thus, these data suggest that the PSD-Zip45-shank and PSD-95-GKAP complexes form different synaptic compartments, and PSD-Zip45 alone or PSD-Zip45-shank is involved in the synaptic accumulation of F-actin. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Tsutsumi Y, Yoshioka Y, Kamada H, Sato Kamada K, Okamoto T, et al. Poly(vinylpyrrolidone-co-dimethyl maleic acid) as a novel renal targeting carrier. J Control Release. 2004;95:229-37 pubmed..This L-PVD-SOD effectively accelerated recovery from mercuric chloride-induced acute renal failure in vivo. These results suggest that L-PVD-SOD may be the optimal derivative as a potential therapeutic agent to various renal diseases. ..
- Zhou Z, Yamamoto Y, Sugai F, Yoshida K, Kishima Y, Sumi H, et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor is a neurotrophic factor harbored in the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:27320-6 pubmed
- Park S, Nakagawa T, Kitamura H, Atsumi T, Kamon H, Sawa S, et al. IL-6 regulates in vivo dendritic cell differentiation through STAT3 activation. J Immunol. 2004;173:3844-54 pubmed..IL-6 is thus a potent regulator of DC differentiation in vivo, and IL-6-gp130-STAT3 signaling in DCs may represent a critical target for controlling T cell-mediated immune responses in vivo. ..
- Taniguchi R, Shi L, Honma S, Fujii M, Ueda K, El Sharaby A, et al. Localization of Ulex europaeus agglutinin-I (UEA-I) in the developing gustatory epithelium of the rat. Arch Histol Cytol. 2004;67:187-93 pubmed..The present results indicate that UEA-I is a specific lectin for the intragemmal cells of both immature and mature taste buds and, thus, UEA-I can be used as a reliable marker for all taste buds in the rat...
- Tanida M, Niijima A, Shen J, Nakamura T, Nagai K. Olfactory stimulation with scent of lavender oil affects autonomic neurotransmission and blood pressure in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2006;398:155-60 pubmed..Thus, it was concluded that scent of lavender oil and its active component, linalool, affects autonomic neurotransmission and reduces blood pressure through the central histaminergic nervous system and the SCN. ..
- Mazaki Y, Hashimoto S, Tsujimura T, Morishige M, Hashimoto A, Aritake K, et al. Neutrophil direction sensing and superoxide production linked by the GTPase-activating protein GIT2. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:724-31 pubmed..This study establishes a function for GIT2 in linking chemotaxis and superoxide production in neutrophils and shows that loss of GIT2 in vivo leads to an immunodeficient state. ..
- Kanagawa M, Toda T. The genetic and molecular basis of muscular dystrophy: roles of cell-matrix linkage in the pathogenesis. J Hum Genet. 2006;51:915-26 pubmed..This review considers recent advances in understanding the molecular pathogenesis of muscular dystrophies that can be caused by the disruption of the cell-matrix linkage. ..
- Suetake I, Hayata D, Tajima S. The amino-terminus of mouse DNA methyltransferase 1 forms an independent domain and binds to DNA with the sequence involving PCNA binding motif. J Biochem. 2006;140:763-76 pubmed..We propose that DNA binding activity of the N-terminal domain contributes to the localization of Dnmt1 to AT-rich sequence such as Line 1, satellite, and the promoter of tissue-specific silent genes...
- Kajita M, Ikeda W, Tamaru Y, Takai Y. Regulation of platelet-derived growth factor-induced Ras signaling by poliovirus receptor Necl-5 and negative growth regulator Sprouty2. Genes Cells. 2007;12:345-57 pubmed..Thus, Necl-5 and Sprouty2 cooperatively regulate PDGF-induced Ras signaling. The roles of Necl-5 and Sprouty2 in contact inhibition for cell proliferation are also discussed. ..
- Ohno Shosaku T, Hashimotodani Y, Ano M, Takeda S, Tsubokawa H, Kano M. Endocannabinoid signalling triggered by NMDA receptor-mediated calcium entry into rat hippocampal neurons. J Physiol. 2007;584:407-18 pubmed..These data clearly indicate that the activation of NMDA receptors facilitates the endocannabinoid release either alone or in concert with the G(q)-coupled receptors. ..
- Nammo T, Yamagata K, Tanaka T, Kodama T, Sladek F, Fukui K, et al. Expression of HNF-4alpha (MODY1), HNF-1beta (MODY5), and HNF-1alpha (MODY3) proteins in the developing mouse pancreas. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:96-106 pubmed..These results indicate that the expression of MODY proteins in each of the pancreatic cell types is strictly regulated in accordance with the status of differentiation during pancreatic organogenesis. ..
- Kunitomo E, Terao Y, Okamoto S, Rikimaru T, Hamada S, Kawabata S. Molecular and biological characterization of histidine triad protein in group A streptococci. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:414-23 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the novel histidine triad protein HtpA is a candidate vaccine for GAS infection. ..
- Nakura A, Higuchi C, Yoshida K, Yoshikawa H. PKC? suppresses osteoblastic differentiation. Bone. 2011;48:476-84 pubmed publisher..These results imply that PKC? may have a pivotal role in cell signaling that modulates the differentiation and proliferation of osteoblasts. ..
- Hirobe S, Matsuo K, Quan Y, Kamiyama F, Morito H, Asada H, et al. Clinical study of transcutaneous vaccination using a hydrogel patch for tetanus and diphtheria. Vaccine. 2012;30:1847-54 pubmed publisher..This easy-to-use and safe TCI formulation enables mass treatment in an outbreak setting and increased vaccination rates in developing countries, and will greatly contribute to worldwide countermeasures against infectious diseases...
- Suzuki M, Tsujikawa M, Itabe H, Du Z, Xie P, Matsumura N, et al. Chronic photo-oxidative stress and subsequent MCP-1 activation as causative factors for age-related macular degeneration. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2407-15 pubmed publisher..These findings add to the current understanding of AMD pathology and suggest protection from oxidative stress or suppression of the subsequent inflammation as new potential therapeutic targets for AMD. ..
- Nakamura Y, Ishida Y, Yamada T, Kondo M, Shimada S. Subunit-dependent inhibition and potentiation of 5-HT3 receptor by the anticancer drug, topotecan. J Neurochem. 2013;125:7-15 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the effect was reduced in the receptors containing the 5-HT3B(Y129S) polymorphic variant. These finding could explain individual differences in the sensitivity to topotecan-induced nausea and vomiting. ..
- Kamiyama N, Yamamoto M, Saiga H, Ma J, Ohshima J, Machimura S, et al. CREBH determines the severity of sulpyrine-induced fatal shock. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55800 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that CREBH is a positive regulator of CYP2B in response to sulpyrine administration, which possibly results in fatal shock. ..
- Lee K, Onitsuka M, Honda K, Ohtake H, Omasa T. Rapid construction of transgene-amplified CHO cell lines by cell cycle checkpoint engineering. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;97:5731-41 pubmed publisher..This novel method may be a promising approach to reduce time and labor in the process of cell line development. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Sato H, Yorita M, Nakayama H, Miyazato H, Sugimoto K, et al. Inhibitory effects of geranium essential oil and its major component, citronellol, on degranulation and cytokine production by mast cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:1172-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that citronellol may represent a candidate compound for the effective treatment of allergic diseases. ..
- Goto H, Kariya R, Kudo E, Okuno Y, Ueda K, Katano H, et al. Restoring PU.1 induces apoptosis and modulates viral transactivation via interferon-stimulated genes in primary effusion lymphoma. Oncogene. 2017;36:5252-5262 pubmed publisher..Collectively, PU.1 has a role in tumor suppression in PEL and its down-regulation is associated with PEL development. Restoring PU.1 with demethylation agents may be a novel therapeutic approach for PEL. ..
- Ito A, Morii E, Maeyama K, Jippo T, Kim D, Lee Y, et al. Systematic method to obtain novel genes that are regulated by mi transcription factor: impaired expression of granzyme B and tryptophan hydroxylase in mi/mi cultured mast cells. Blood. 1998;91:3210-21 pubmed..The serotonin content was significantly smaller in mi/mi CMCs than in +/+ CMCs. The introduction of +-MITF but not of mi-MITF normalized the serotonin content in mi/mi CMCs. ..
- Watanabe C, Kumanogoh A, Shi W, Suzuki K, Yamada S, Okabe M, et al. Enhanced immune responses in transgenic mice expressing a truncated form of the lymphocyte semaphorin CD100. J Immunol. 2001;167:4321-8 pubmed..Collectively, these results not only indicate that CD100 has an important role in the immune system, but also that the soluble form of CD100 released from the cell surface can exert functions in vivo. ..
- Pang T, Wakabayashi S, Shigekawa M. Expression of calcineurin B homologous protein 2 protects serum deprivation-induced cell death by serum-independent activation of Na+/H+ exchanger. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43771-7 pubmed..We propose that serum-independent activation of NHE1 by bound CHP2 is one of the key mechanisms for the maintenance of high pH(i) and the resistance to serum deprivation-induced cell death in malignantly transformed cells. ..
- Sakaue G, Hiroi T, Nakagawa Y, Someya K, Iwatani K, Sawa Y, et al. HIV mucosal vaccine: nasal immunization with gp160-encapsulated hemagglutinating virus of Japan-liposome induces antigen-specific CTLs and neutralizing antibody responses. J Immunol. 2003;170:495-502 pubmed
- Kasai K, Yamashita T, Yamaguchi A, Yoshiya K, Kawakita A, Tanaka H, et al. Induction of mRNAs and proteins for Na/K ATPase alpha1 and beta1 subunits following hypoxia/reoxygenation in astrocytes. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;110:38-44 pubmed..These findings suggest that Na/K ATPases may contribute to maintain the cellular environment of astrocytes subjected to hypoxia/reoxygenation. ..
- Tatsumi E, Taenaka Y, Homma A, Nishinaka T, Takewa Y, Tsukiya T, et al. The National Cardiovascular Center electrohydraulic total artificial heart and ventricular assist device systems: current status of development. ASAIO J. 2003;49:243-9 pubmed..The initial animal testing lasted for 25 days. These results indicate that our EHTAH and EHVAD have the potential to be totally implantable systems. ..
- Takeda K, Akira S. TLR signaling pathways. Semin Immunol. 2004;16:3-9 pubmed..Thus, TIR domain-containing adaptors provide specificity of TLR signaling. ..
- Masuda K, Furuyama T, Takahara M, Fujioka S, Kurinami H, Inagaki S. Sema4D stimulates axonal outgrowth of embryonic DRG sensory neurones. Genes Cells. 2004;9:821-9 pubmed..These plexins and Sema4D are expressed in embryonic DRGs. We suggest a new function of Sema4D as a neurite-outgrowth stimulating, autocrine/paracrine factor in embryonic sensory neurones. ..
- Hata K, Nishimura R, Ueda M, Ikeda F, Matsubara T, Ichida F, et al. A CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta isoform, liver-enriched inhibitory protein, regulates commitment of osteoblasts and adipocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1971-9 pubmed..Thus, identification of a novel role of the C/EBPbeta isoform provides insight into the molecular basis of the regulation of osteoblast and adipocyte commitment. ..
- Okada K, Hase T. Cyanobacterial non-mevalonate pathway: (E)-4-hydroxy-3-methylbut-2-enyl diphosphate synthase interacts with ferredoxin in Thermosynechococcus elongatus BP-1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20672-9 pubmed publisher..The result demonstrated that PetF has the ability to transfer electrons to GcpE. Thus, the combined data provide the first evidence that GcpE is a ferredoxin-dependent enzyme in T. elongatus BP-1...
- Tokudome T, Horio T, Kishimoto I, Soeki T, Mori K, Kawano Y, et al. Calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway-dependent cardiac remodeling in mice deficient in guanylyl cyclase A, a receptor for atrial and brain natriuretic peptides. Circulation. 2005;111:3095-104 pubmed..These results suggest that activation of cardiac GCA by locally secreted natriuretic peptides protects the heart from excessive cardiac remodeling by inhibiting the calcineurin-NFAT pathway. ..
- Sato T, Fujita N, Yamada A, Ooshio T, Okamoto R, Irie K, et al. Regulation of the assembly and adhesion activity of E-cadherin by nectin and afadin for the formation of adherens junctions in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5288-99 pubmed..Thus, nectin regulates the assembly and cell-cell adhesion activity of E-cadherin through afadin, nectin signaling, and p120(ctn) for the formation of AJs in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. ..
- Yamada A, Fujita N, Sato T, Okamoto R, Ooshio T, Hirota T, et al. Requirement of nectin, but not cadherin, for formation of claudin-based tight junctions in annexin II-knockdown MDCK cells. Oncogene. 2006;25:5085-102 pubmed
- Uematsu S, Fujimoto K, Jang M, Yang B, Jung Y, Nishiyama M, et al. Regulation of humoral and cellular gut immunity by lamina propria dendritic cells expressing Toll-like receptor 5. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:769-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate unique properties of LPDCs and the importance of TLR5 for adaptive immunity in the intestine. ..
- Omasa T, Tanaka R, Doi T, Ando M, Kitamoto Y, Honda K, et al. Decrease in antithrombin III fucosylation by expressing GDP-fucose transporter siRNA in Chinese hamster ovary cells. J Biosci Bioeng. 2008;106:168-73 pubmed publisher..CHO cells, which were transfected with the siRNA expression plasmid, showed approximately 75% reduction of Golgi-GDP fucose, resulting in 10-40% increase in defucosylated AT-III...
- Hidaka K, Shirai M, Lee J, Wakayama T, Kodama I, Schneider M, et al. The cellular prion protein identifies bipotential cardiomyogenic progenitors. Circ Res. 2010;106:111-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, PrP demarcates a population of bipotential cardiomyogenic progenitor cells that can differentiate into cardiac or smooth muscle cells. ..
- Li Y, Inoue T, Takamatsu F, Maeda N, Ohashi Y, Nishida K. Development of genetically modified eliminable human dermal fibroblast feeder cells for ocular surface regeneration medicine. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:7522-31 pubmed publisher..Genetically modified, labeled, immortalized, eliminable human dermal feeder cells are promising substitutes for 3T3 feeder cells for xenogeny-free ocular surface regeneration. ..
- Yamanaka H, Kondo S. In vitro analysis suggests that difference in cell movement during direct interaction can generate various pigment patterns in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1867-72 pubmed publisher..The correspondence relationship highlighted the importance of the cell movements in the pattern formation and showed that our system is a quite useful system for future study in this field. ..
- Ogata M, Takada T, Mori Y, Uchida Y, Miki T, Okuyama A, et al. Regulation of phosphorylation level and distribution of PTP36, a putative protein tyrosine phosphatase, by cell-substrate adhesion. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20717-24 pubmed
- Katafuchi T, Hamano K, Kikumoto K, Minamino N. Identification of second and third calcitonin receptor-stimulating peptides in porcine brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:445-51 pubmed..These results suggest the presence of still unidentified action mechanisms and functions of the peptides in the CGRP superfamily. ..
- Fujimoto T, Tanaka H, Kumamaru E, Okamura K, Miki N. Arc interacts with microtubules/microtubule-associated protein 2 and attenuates microtubule-associated protein 2 immunoreactivity in the dendrites. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:51-63 pubmed..The data suggest that Arc increased by synaptic activities would trigger dendritic remodeling by interacting with cytoskeletal proteins. ..
- Fujii R, Okabe S, Urushido T, Inoue K, Yoshimura A, Tachibana T, et al. The RNA binding protein TLS is translocated to dendritic spines by mGluR5 activation and regulates spine morphology. Curr Biol. 2005;15:587-93 pubmed..Our results indicate that TLS participates in mRNA sorting to the dendritic spines induced by mGluR5 activation and regulates spine morphology to stabilize the synaptic structure. ..
- Qu W, Huang Z, Xu X, Aritake K, Eguchi N, Nambu F, et al. Lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase produces prostaglandin D2 involved in regulation of physiological sleep. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:17949-54 pubmed..These results clearly show that the lipocalin-type PGDS/PGD2/DP1R system plays pivotal roles in the regulation of physiological sleep. ..
- Okada T, Nishizawa H, Kurata A, Tamba S, Sonoda M, Yasui A, et al. URB is abundantly expressed in adipose tissue and dysregulated in obesity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:370-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the expression pattern of URB suggests its role in obesity and the results suggest that URB is secreted, at least in part, from adipocytes. ..
- Fujinaga Y, Matsumura T, Jin Y, Takegahara Y, Sugawara Y. A novel function of botulinum toxin-associated proteins: HA proteins disrupt intestinal epithelial barrier to increase toxin absorption. Toxicon. 2009;54:583-6 pubmed publisher..These results may indicate that types A and B HA contribute to develop the food-borne human botulism by facilitating the intestinal transepithelial delivery of BoNTs. ..
- Sakudo A, Ikuta K. Prion protein functions and dysfunction in prion diseases. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:380-9 pubmed..In this review, we provide an overview of current information on PrP(C) and PrP(Sc) as well as their involvement in the pathogenesis of prion diseases. ..
- Liu X, Hashimoto M, Horii H, Yamaguchi A, Naito K, Yamashita T. Repulsive guidance molecule b inhibits neurite growth and is increased after spinal cord injury. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:795-800 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RGMb is a myelin-derived inhibitor of axon growth in the CNS. Inhibition of RGMb may provide an alternative approach for the treatment of spinal injuries. ..
- Une D, Shimizu S, Kamiya A, Kawada T, Shishido T, Sugimachi M. Both skeletonized and pedicled internal thoracic arteries supply adequate graft flow after coronary artery bypass grafting even during intense sympathoexcitation. J Physiol Sci. 2010;60:407-13 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that metabolic demand can override the potential difference in sympathetic vasoconstriction in both pedicled and skeletonized ITA grafts...
- Yoshida T, Yoshioka Y, Matsuyama K, Nakazato Y, Tochigi S, Hirai T, et al. Surface modification of amorphous nanosilica particles suppresses nanosilica-induced cytotoxicity, ROS generation, and DNA damage in various mammalian cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;427:748-52 pubmed publisher..We hope that our results will contribute to the development of safer nanomaterials. ..
- Vandenbon A, Kumagai Y, Akira S, Standley D. A novel unbiased measure for motif co-occurrence predicts combinatorial regulation of transcription. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 7:S11 pubmed publisher..Both computational and experimental results indicate that the proposed method can clarify TF interactions that could not be observed by currently available prediction methods. ..
- Wang Y, Murakami Y, Yasui T, Wakana S, Kikutani H, Kinoshita T, et al. Significance of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein enrichment in lipid rafts for the control of autoimmunity. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25490-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that PGAP3-dependent fatty acid remodeling of GPI-APs has a significant role in the control of autoimmunity, possibly by the regulation of apoptotic cell clearance and Th1/Th2 balance. ..
- Misu A, Yamanaka H, Aramaki T, Kondo S, Skerrett I, Iovine M, et al. Two Different Functions of Connexin43 Confer Two Different Bone Phenotypes in Zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12601-11 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, only Cx43(stp) induced abnormally high (50× wild type) transmembrane currents through hemichannels. Our results suggest that Cx43 plays critical and diverse roles in zebrafish bone growth. ..
- Sasaki H, Hui C, Nakafuku M, Kondoh H. A binding site for Gli proteins is essential for HNF-3beta floor plate enhancer activity in transgenics and can respond to Shh in vitro. Development. 1997;124:1313-22 pubmed..These results also support the idea that Gli/Ci are evolutionary conserved transcription factors in the Hedgehog signalling pathway. ..
- Takahashi M, Nagaretani H, Funahashi T, Nishizawa H, Maeda N, Kishida K, et al. The expression of SPARC in adipose tissue and its increased plasma concentration in patients with coronary artery disease. Obes Res. 2001;9:388-93 pubmed..05). SPARC was expressed in adipose tissues and its expression was enhanced in obese mice. In human, plasma SPARC levels were elevated in obesity and CAD patients. This elevated SPARC may be involved in the progression of CAD. ..
- Morii E, Ogihara H, Oboki K, Kataoka T, Maeyama K, Fisher D, et al. Effect of a large deletion of the basic domain of mi transcription factor on differentiation of mast cells. Blood. 2001;98:2577-9 pubmed..This suggested that ew-MITF lacked any functions. The part of the basic domain deleted in ew-MITF appeared necessary for either transactivation or inhibition of transactivation. ..
- Kuge T, Venkova K, Greenwood Van Meerveld B. Effects of seirogan (wood creosote) on propulsive colonic motility and stool characteristics in ambulatory mini-pigs. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:2651-6 pubmed..Taken together the results suggest that inhibition of proximal colonic motility by Seirogan may contribute to its antidiarrheal action. ..
- Hibuse T, Maeda N, Funahashi T, Yamamoto K, Nagasawa A, Mizunoya W, et al. Aquaporin 7 deficiency is associated with development of obesity through activation of adipose glycerol kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10993-8 pubmed..A series of our results indicate that AQP7 disruption elevates adipose glycerol kinase activity, accelerates triglycerides synthesis in adipocytes, and, finally, develops obesity. ..
- Nakata S, Fujita N, Kitagawa Y, Okamoto R, Ogita H, Takai Y. Regulation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor activation by afadin through SHP-2: implications for cellular morphology. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37815-25 pubmed..Thus, afadin plays a critical role in the proper regulation of the PDGF-induced activation of PDGF receptor and signaling by Ras-ERK. This effect, which is mediated by SHP-2, impacts cellular morphology. ..
- Tokuhiro K, Hirose M, Miyagawa Y, Tsujimura A, Irie S, Isotani A, et al. Meichroacidin containing the membrane occupation and recognition nexus motif is essential for spermatozoa morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:19039-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MCA is essential for sperm flagellum formation and the production of functional sperm. ..
- Yabe T, Yamashita E, Kikuchi A, Morimoto K, Nakagawa A, Tsukihara T, et al. Structural analysis of Arabidopsis CnfU protein: an iron-sulfur cluster biosynthetic scaffold in chloroplasts. J Mol Biol. 2008;381:160-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that such a structural framework is important for CnfU to function as a Fe-S cluster biosynthetic scaffold. ..
- Takahashi C, Muramatsu R, Fujimura H, Mochizuki H, Yamashita T. Prostacyclin promotes oligodendrocyte precursor recruitment and remyelination after spinal cord demyelination. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e795 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that prostacyclin could be a key molecule for facilitating the migration of OPCs that are essential for repairing demyelinated areas, and it may be useful in treating disorders characterized by demyelination. ..
- Watanabe R, Kinoshita T, Masaki R, Yamamoto A, Takeda J, Inoue N. PIG-A and PIG-H, which participate in glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor biosynthesis, form a protein complex in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26868-75 pubmed..Taken together with the cytoplasmic orientation of GlcNAc-PI, these results indicated that PIG-A and PIG-H are subunits of the GPI GlcNAc transferase that transfers GlcNAc to PI on the cytoplasmic side of the ER. ..
- Ohkuma Y. Multiple functions of general transcription factors TFIIE and TFIIH in transcription: possible points of regulation by trans-acting factors. J Biochem. 1997;122:481-9 pubmed..In this review, an overall perspective of the functional roles of TFIIE and TFIIH during transcription initiation and the following promoter clearance will be presented as it has emerged from recent studies. ..
- Yamada N, Tamai Y, Miyamoto H, Nozaki M. Cloning and expression of the mouse Pse gene encoding a novel Ets family member. Gene. 2000;241:267-74 pubmed..mPse transactivates the promoter of the MASPIN gene in transient transfection assay. These results suggest that mPse encodes a novel Ets family member and is expressed in epithelial cells of restricted organs. ..