Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Wako, Saitama, Japan
Locale: Wako, Saitama, Japan
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- Aoki Suzuki M, Yamada K, Meerabux J, Iwayama Shigeno Y, Ohba H, Iwamoto K, et al. A family-based association study and gene expression analyses of netrin-G1 and -G2 genes in schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;57:382-93 pubmed..An association between NTNG2 and schizophrenia was also observed with SNPs and haplotypes that clustered in the 5' region of the gene. The NTNG1 and NTNG2 genes might be relevant to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Lee J, Hirano T. RAD21L, a novel cohesin subunit implicated in linking homologous chromosomes in mammalian meiosis. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:263-76 pubmed publisher..RAD21L associates with SMC3, STAG3, and either SMC1? or SMC1?. Our results suggest that cohesin complexes containing RAD21L may be involved in synapsis initiation and crossover recombination between homologous chromosomes. ..
- Ebihara S, Yamamoto T, Obata K, Yanagawa Y. Gene structure and alternative splicing of the mouse glycine transporter type-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:857-64 pubmed..These data will be useful for investigating the function of GLYT2 proteins and glycinergic neurons by gene targeting experiments. ..
- Fujiwara T, Ohnuma M, Yoshida M, Kuroiwa T, Hirano T. Gene targeting in the red alga Cyanidioschyzon merolae: single- and multi-copy insertion using authentic and chimeric selection markers. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73608 pubmed publisher..merolae. Our method will be applicable to a number of genetic manipulations in this organism, including targeted gene disruption, replacement and tagging. ..
- Kanda H, Igaki T, Kanuka H, Yagi T, Miura M. Wengen, a member of the Drosophila tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, is required for Eiger signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28372-5 pubmed
- Hasegawa Y, Brockdorff N, Kawano S, Tsutui K, Tsutui K, Nakagawa S. The matrix protein hnRNP U is required for chromosomal localization of Xist RNA. Dev Cell. 2010;19:469-76 pubmed publisher..In addition, ES cells lacking hnRNP U expression fail to form the Xi. We propose that the association with matrix proteins is an essential step in the epigenetic regulation of gene expression by Xist RNA. ..
- Hull J, Lee J, Matsumoto S. Gqalpha-linked phospholipase Cbeta1 and phospholipase Cgamma are essential components of the pheromone biosynthesis activating neuropeptide (PBAN) signal transduction cascade. Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:553-66 pubmed publisher..In vivo RNA interference-mediated knockdown analyses revealed that BmPLCbeta1, BmGq1, and unexpectedly, BmPLCgamma, are part of the PBAN signal transduction cascade...
- Nakagawa S, Ip J, Shioi G, Tripathi V, Zong X, Hirose T, et al. Malat1 is not an essential component of nuclear speckles in mice. RNA. 2012;18:1487-99 pubmed publisher..We propose that Malat1 is not essential in living mice maintained under normal laboratory conditions and that its function becomes apparent only in specific cell types and under particular conditions. ..
- Nakashiba T, Ikeda T, Nishimura S, Tashiro K, Honjo T, Culotti J, et al. Netrin-G1: a novel glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-linked mammalian netrin that is functionally divergent from classical netrins. J Neurosci. 2000;20:6540-50 pubmed..The expression pattern of netrin-G1 and its predicted neuronal membrane localization suggest it may also have novel signaling functions in nervous system development. ..
- Tominaga M, Kimura A, Yokota E, Haraguchi T, Shimmen T, Yamamoto K, et al. Cytoplasmic streaming velocity as a plant size determinant. Dev Cell. 2013;27:345-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, because cytoplasmic streaming is a common system for intracellular transport in plants, our system could have applications in artificial size control in plants. ..
- Kato T, Ishiwata M, Yamada K, Kasahara T, Kakiuchi C, Iwamoto K, et al. Behavioral and gene expression analyses of Wfs1 knockout mice as a possible animal model of mood disorder. Neurosci Res. 2008;61:143-58 pubmed publisher..These findings may be relevant to the mood disorder observed in patients with Wolfram disease. ..
- Nitahara Kasahara Y, Kamata M, Yamamoto T, Zhang X, Miyamoto Y, Muneta K, et al. Novel nuclear import of Vpr promoted by importin alpha is crucial for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication in macrophages. J Virol. 2007;81:5284-93 pubmed..This study suggests the possibility that the binding of Vpr to importin alpha, preceding a novel nuclear import process, is a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Shimizu H, Iwayama Y, Yamada K, Toyota T, Minabe Y, Nakamura K, et al. Genetic and expression analyses of the STOP (MAP6) gene in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2006;84:244-52 pubmed..These data suggest that the contribution of MAP6 to the processes that lead to schizophrenia should be further investigated. ..
- Yamada K, Ohnishi T, Hashimoto K, Ohba H, Iwayama Shigeno Y, Toyoshima M, et al. Identification of multiple serine racemase (SRR) mRNA isoforms and genetic analyses of SRR and DAO in schizophrenia and D-serine levels. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;57:1493-503 pubmed..The SRR/DAO are not likely to be major genetic determinants in the development of schizophrenia or control of serum D-serine levels. ..
- Matsuki T, Hori G, Furuichi T. Gene expression profiling during the embryonic development of mouse brain using an oligonucleotide-based microarray system. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;136:231-54 pubmed..Moreover, we identified a novel gene that encodes a putative protein kinase, Ebr kinase, which is differentially expressed in the developing brain. ..
- Suzuki M, Funaguma S, Kanda T, Tamura T, Shimada T. Role of the male BmDSX protein in the sexual differentiation of Bombyx mori. Evol Dev. 2005;7:58-68 pubmed..Taken together with our previous data on the function of BmDSXF, we can conclude that Bmdsx is a double-switch gene at the final step in the sex-determination cascade of B. mori. ..
- Miyake Y, Mizuno T, Yanagi K, Hanaoka F. Novel splicing variant of mouse Orc1 is deficient in nuclear translocation and resistant for proteasome-mediated degradation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12643-52 pubmed
- Iwamoto K, Bundo M, Washizuka S, Kakiuchi C, Kato T. Expression of HSPF1 and LIM in the lymphoblastoid cells derived from patients with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. J Hum Genet. 2004;49:227-31 pubmed..002 for HSPF1 and P = 0.072 for LIM). We also found the altered expressions of HSPF1 in LCLs from Caucasian patients with bipolar II disorder (P=0.011) and LIM in those from patients with schizophrenia (P = 0.001). ..
- Hoshino J, Aruga J, Ishiguro A, Mikoshiba K. Dorz1, a novel gene expressed in differentiating cerebellar granule neurons, is down-regulated in Zic1-deficient mouse. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;120:57-64 pubmed..In addition, Dorz1 expression was up-regulated in cultured cells overexpressing Zic1. These results suggest that Dorz1 expression is positively regulated by Zic1 during cerebellar development. ..
- Fukuda M, Ogata Y, Saegusa C, Kanno E, Mikoshiba K. Alternative splicing isoforms of synaptotagmin VII in the mouse, rat and human. Biochem J. 2002;365:173-80 pubmed