Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Wako, Saitama, Japan
Locale: Wako, Saitama, Japan
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Hull J, Kajigaya R, Imai K, Matsumoto S. The Bombyx mori sex pheromone biosynthetic pathway is not mediated by cAMP. J Insect Physiol. 2007;53:782-93 pubmed..Furthermore, no changes in the intracellular cAMP levels were detected following PBAN stimulation. ..
- Hull J, Lee J, Kajigaya R, Matsumoto S. Bombyx mori homologs of STIM1 and Orai1 are essential components of the signal transduction cascade that regulates sex pheromone production. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31200-13 pubmed publisher..In vivo RNA interference-mediated knockdown of BmSTIM1 and BmOrai1 significantly reduced sex pheromone production without affecting cell viability. ..
- Tsuchida T, Koga R, Matsumoto S, Fukatsu T. Interspecific symbiont transfection confers a novel ecological trait to the recipient insect. Biol Lett. 2011;7:245-8 pubmed publisher..crassicauda but is scarcely found in these aphid populations. ..
- Kabayama H, Takeuchi M, Taniguchi M, Tokushige N, Kozaki S, Mizutani A, et al. Syntaxin 1B suppresses macropinocytosis and semaphorin 3A-induced growth cone collapse. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7357-64 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Syx1B couples macropinocytosis-mediated massive internalization of the plasma membrane to Sema3A-induced growth cone collapse...
- Hirai H, Matsuda S. Interaction of the C-terminal domain of delta glutamate receptor with spectrin in the dendritic spines of cultured Purkinje cells. Neurosci Res. 1999;34:281-7 pubmed..This mechanism for receptor anchoring at postsynaptic sites may regulate synaptogenesis and/or synaptic plasticity. ..
- Mizuno T, Yoshihara Y, Kagamiyama H, Ohsawa K, Imai Y, Kohsaka S, et al. Neuronal adhesion molecule telencephalin induces rapid cell spreading of microglia. Brain Res. 1999;849:58-66 pubmed
- Fukuda M, Kanno E, Ogata Y, Mikoshiba K. Mechanism of the SDS-resistant synaptotagmin clustering mediated by the cysteine cluster at the interface between the transmembrane and spacer domains. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40319-25 pubmed
- Aoki K, Ishii Y, Matsumoto K, Tsujimoto M. Methylation of Xenopus CIRP2 regulates its arginine- and glycine-rich region-mediated nucleocytoplasmic distribution. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:5182-92 pubmed..Methylation by overexpressed xPRMT1 caused cytoplasmic accumulation of xCIRP2. Possible implications of the relationship between regulation of intracellular localization and multiple functions of xCIRP2 will be discussed. ..
- Sadakata T, Furuichi T. Identification and mRNA expression of Ogdh, QP-C, and two predicted genes in the postnatal mouse brain. Neurosci Lett. 2006;405:217-22 pubmed..High mRNA levels of d1401/Ogdh were observed in the olfactory bulb, hippocampus, cerebellum, and pons, whereas those of d1501 were detected in the granule cells of the olfactory bulb, dentate gyrus, and cerebellum. ..
- Tanaka H, Maeda R, Shoji W, Wada H, Masai I, Shiraki T, et al. Novel mutations affecting axon guidance in zebrafish and a role for plexin signalling in the guidance of trigeminal and facial nerve axons. Development. 2007;134:3259-69 pubmed
- Ohkuma M. Symbioses of flagellates and prokaryotes in the gut of lower termites. Trends Microbiol. 2008;16:345-52 pubmed publisher..These advances have gradually unveiled how this symbiotic complex functions to efficiently utilize lignocellulose. ..
- Haga Y, Totani K, Ito Y, Suzuki T. Establishment of a real-time analytical method for free oligosaccharide transport from the ER to the cytosol. Glycobiology. 2009;19:987-94 pubmed publisher..This new assay method will be a useful tool for identifying the transporter protein on the ER membrane. ..
- Noda S, Hongoh Y, Sato T, Ohkuma M. Complex coevolutionary history of symbiotic Bacteroidales bacteria of various protists in the gut of termites. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:158 pubmed publisher..Despite the complicated evolutionary history, the host-symbiont relationships are mutually specific, suggesting their cospeciations at the protist genus level with only occasional replacements. ..
- Tamada A, Kawase S, Murakami F, Kamiguchi H. Autonomous right-screw rotation of growth cone filopodia drives neurite turning. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:429-41 pubmed publisher..Although the growth cone itself has been regarded as functionally symmetric, our study reveals the asymmetric nature of growth cone motility. ..
- Oikawa D, Kimata Y. Experimental approaches for elucidation of stress-sensing mechanisms of the IRE1 family proteins. Methods Enzymol. 2011;490:195-216 pubmed publisher..Since this ability of yeast Ire1 was abolished by a mutation impairing its cellular activity, we propose that yeast Ire1 is fully activated by its direct interaction with unfolded proteins. ..
- Tsuneoka Y, Maruyama T, Yoshida S, Nishimori K, Kato T, Numan M, et al. Functional, anatomical, and neurochemical differentiation of medial preoptic area subregions in relation to maternal behavior in the mouse. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:1633-63 pubmed publisher..To conclude, the central MPOA is the indispensable subregion for mouse maternal behavior, and GABAergic and/or peptidergic neurons in this area were transcriptionally activated during maternal behavior. ..
- Sakamoto M, Suzuki M, Umeda M, Ishikawa I, Benno Y. Reclassification of Bacteroides forsythus (Tanner et al. 1986) as Tannerella forsythensis corrig., gen. nov., comb. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2002;52:841-9 pubmed..gen. nov., comb. nov. The type strain of Tannerella forsythensis is JCM 10827T (= ATCC 43037T). ..
- Kuranaga E, Kanuka H, Igaki T, Sawamoto K, Ichijo H, Okano H, et al. Reaper-mediated inhibition of DIAP1-induced DTRAF1 degradation results in activation of JNK in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:705-10 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that DIAP1 may modulate cell death by regulating JNK activation through a ubiquitin#150;proteasome pathway. ..
- Shimizu T, Usui T, Machida K, Furuya K, Osada H, Nakata T. Chemical modification of reveromycin A and its biological activities. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2002;12:3363-6 pubmed..The C5 hydroxyl group and C24 carboxyl group are particularly important for these activities. ..
- Fagiolini M, Katagiri H, Miyamoto H, Mori H, Grant S, Mishina M, et al. Separable features of visual cortical plasticity revealed by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2A signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2854-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that the cellular basis generating individual sensory response properties is separable in the developing neocortex. ..
- Tomomura M, Hasegawa Y, Hashikawa T, Tomomura A, Yuzaki M, Furuichi T, et al. Differential expression and function of apoptosis-associated tyrosine kinase (AATYK) in the developing mouse brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;112:103-12 pubmed..These results suggest that, in addition to its role in cell death in mature neurons, AATYK has a unique role in promoting neurite extension through its tyrosine kinase activity in developing neurons. ..
- Ebihara S, Yamamoto T, Obata K, Yanagawa Y. Gene structure and alternative splicing of the mouse glycine transporter type-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:857-64 pubmed..These data will be useful for investigating the function of GLYT2 proteins and glycinergic neurons by gene targeting experiments. ..
- Aoki Suzuki M, Yamada K, Meerabux J, Iwayama Shigeno Y, Ohba H, Iwamoto K, et al. A family-based association study and gene expression analyses of netrin-G1 and -G2 genes in schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;57:382-93 pubmed..An association between NTNG2 and schizophrenia was also observed with SNPs and haplotypes that clustered in the 5' region of the gene. The NTNG1 and NTNG2 genes might be relevant to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Mitsui S, Saito M, Mori K, Yoshihara Y. A transcriptional enhancer that directs telencephalon-specific transgene expression in mouse brain. Cereb Cortex. 2007;17:522-30 pubmed
- Nekooki Machida Y, Kurosawa M, Nukina N, Ito K, Oda T, Tanaka M. Distinct conformations of in vitro and in vivo amyloids of huntingtin-exon1 show different cytotoxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9679-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, the amyloid conformation of thtt may be a critical determinant of cytotoxicity in HD. ..
- Sasaki K, Ito T, Nishino N, Khochbin S, Yoshida M. Real-time imaging of histone H4 hyperacetylation in living cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16257-62 pubmed publisher..Using this acetylation indicator, we were able to monitor the dynamic fluctuation of histone H4 acetylation levels during mitosis, as well as acetylation changes in response to structurally distinct histone deacetylase inhibitors. ..
- Yoshida K, Saito N, Iriki A, Isoda M. Representation of others' action by neurons in monkey medial frontal cortex. Curr Biol. 2011;21:249-53 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the MFC is involved in self-other differentiation in the domain of motor action and provides a fundamental neural signal for social learning. ..
- Chimura T, Launey T, Ito M. Evolutionarily conserved bias of amino-acid usage refines the definition of PDZ-binding motif. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:300 pubmed publisher..Our refined definition of PDZ-binding motifs should provide important clues for identifying functional PDZ-binding motifs and proteins involved in signal transduction. ..
- Matsunaga E, Kurotani T, Suzuki K, Okanoya K. Type-II cadherins modulate neural activity in cultured rat hippocampal neurons. Neuroreport. 2011;22:629-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that type-II cadherins may modulate neural activity by regulating neuronal morphology. ..
- Shingu Y, Tokai T, Agawa Y, Toyota K, Ahamed S, Kawagishi Kobayashi M, et al. The double-stranded break-forming activity of plant SPO11s and a novel rice SPO11 revealed by a Drosophila bioassay. BMC Mol Biol. 2012;13:1 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identified a novel SPO11 homologue, OsSPO11D, with robust DSB activity and a possible meiotic function. ..
- Mizutani A, Fukuda M, Ibata K, Shiraishi Y, Mikoshiba K. SYNCRIP, a cytoplasmic counterpart of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein R, interacts with ubiquitous synaptotagmin isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9823-31 pubmed..These findings suggested that SYNCRIP was a target of ubiquitous type of Syts and implied the involvement of ubiquitous Syts in the regulation of dynamics of the cytoplasmic mRNA. ..
- Morishima N, Nakanishi K, Takenouchi H, Shibata T, Yasuhiko Y. An endoplasmic reticulum stress-specific caspase cascade in apoptosis. Cytochrome c-independent activation of caspase-9 by caspase-12. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34287-94 pubmed..These data suggest that procaspase-9 is a substrate of caspase-12 and that ER stress triggers a specific cascade involving caspase-12, -9, and -3 in a cytochrome c-independent manner. ..
- Konnai S, Takeshima S, Tajima S, Yin S, Okada K, Onuma M, et al. The influence of ovine MHC class II DRB1 alleles on immune response in bovine leukemia virus infection. Microbiol Immunol. 2003;47:223-32 pubmed..To determine the proliferating cells, we tried a blocking assay with monoclonal antibodies such as anti-CD4, -CD8 and -DR molecule. We found that these proliferating cells were MHC-restricted CD4+ T-cells...
- Matsuki T, Hori G, Furuichi T. Gene expression profiling during the embryonic development of mouse brain using an oligonucleotide-based microarray system. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;136:231-54 pubmed..Moreover, we identified a novel gene that encodes a putative protein kinase, Ebr kinase, which is differentially expressed in the developing brain. ..
- Yamagishi T, Ozawa M, Ohtsuka C, Ohyama Goto R, Kondo T. Evx2-Hoxd13 intergenic region restricts enhancer association to Hoxd13 promoter. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e175 pubmed
- Sone M, Hayashi T, Tarui H, Agata K, Takeichi M, Nakagawa S. The mRNA-like noncoding RNA Gomafu constitutes a novel nuclear domain in a subset of neurons. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2498-506 pubmed..We propose that Gomafu RNA represents a novel family of mRNA-like noncoding RNA that constitutes a cell-type-specific component of the nuclear matrix. ..
- Nishino T, Miyazaki M, Hoshino H, Miwa Y, Horinouchi S, Yoshida M. 14-3-3 regulates the nuclear import of class IIa histone deacetylases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:852-6 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation-induced 14-3-3 binding biases the balance of nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling toward the cytoplasm by inhibiting nuclear import. ..
- Kinoshita M, Shinoda Y, Sakai K, Hashikawa T, Watanabe M, Machida T, et al. Selective upregulation of 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (Phgdh) expression in adult subventricular zone neurogenic niche. Neurosci Lett. 2009;453:21-6 pubmed publisher..These observations support the notion that availability of l-serine within neural stem/progenitor cells may be a critical factor for neurogenesis in developing and adult brain. ..
- Takahashi E, Niimi K, Itakura C. Motor coordination impairment in aged heterozygous rolling Nagoya, Cav2.1 mutant mice. Brain Res. 2009;1279:50-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that heterozygous mice show age-related motor changes due to mutant-type Cav2.1 and that heterozygous mice may represent a new model for examining motor function. ..
- Kitazume S, Imamaki R, Ogawa K, Komi Y, Futakawa S, Kojima S, et al. Alpha2,6-sialic acid on platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM) regulates its homophilic interactions and downstream antiapoptotic signaling. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6515-21 pubmed publisher..The present findings open up a new possibility that modulation of glycosylation could be one of the promising strategies for regulating angiogenesis. ..
- Yoshikawa F, Banno Y, Otani Y, Yamaguchi Y, Nagakura Takagi Y, Morita N, et al. Phospholipase D family member 4, a transmembrane glycoprotein with no phospholipase D activity, expression in spleen and early postnatal microglia. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13932 pubmed publisher..The spatiotemporally restricted expression patterns suggested that PLD4 might play a role in common function(s) among microglia during early postnatal brain development and splenic marginal zone cells. ..
- Tojima T, Hines J, Henley J, Kamiguchi H. Second messengers and membrane trafficking direct and organize growth cone steering. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2011;12:191-203 pubmed publisher..These recent advances allow us to propose a unifying model of how the growth cone translates shallow gradients of environmental information into polarized activity of the steering machinery for axon guidance. ..
- Takata N, Mishima T, Hisatsune C, Nagai T, Ebisui E, Mikoshiba K, et al. Astrocyte calcium signaling transforms cholinergic modulation to cortical plasticity in vivo. J Neurosci. 2011;31:18155-65 pubmed publisher..Our data present coherent lines of in vivo evidence for astrocytic involvement in cortical plasticity. These findings suggest an unexpected role of astrocytes as a gate for cholinergic plasticity in the cortex. ..
- Tsubokawa H, Miura M, Kano M. Elevation of intracellular Na+ induced by hyperpolarization at the dendrites of pyramidal neurones of mouse hippocampus. J Physiol. 1999;517 ( Pt 1):135-42 pubmed..The non-uniform Na+ influx may contribute to integrative functions of the dendrites. ..
- Fukuda M, Kanno E, Mikoshiba K. Conserved N-terminal cysteine motif is essential for homo- and heterodimer formation of synaptotagmins III, V, VI, and X. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31421-7 pubmed
- Igaki T, Kanda H, Yamamoto Goto Y, Kanuka H, Kuranaga E, Aigaki T, et al. Eiger, a TNF superfamily ligand that triggers the Drosophila JNK pathway. EMBO J. 2002;21:3009-18 pubmed..We also show genetically that Eiger is a physiological ligand for the Drosophila JNK pathway. Our findings demonstrate that Eiger can initiate cell death through an IAP-sensitive cell death pathway via JNK signaling. ..
- Fukuda M, Kuroda T. Slac2-c (synaptotagmin-like protein homologue lacking C2 domains-c), a novel linker protein that interacts with Rab27, myosin Va/VIIa, and actin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43096-103 pubmed
- Fukuda M. Alternative splicing in the first alpha-helical region of the Rab-binding domain of Rim regulates Rab3A binding activity: is Rim a Rab3 effector protein during evolution?. Genes Cells. 2004;9:831-42 pubmed..Based on these findings, I propose that the Rab3A-effector function of Rim during secretory vesicle exocytosis is limited to the short form of the mammalian Rim RBD alone. ..
- Tojima T, Akiyama H, Itofusa R, Li Y, Katayama H, Miyawaki A, et al. Attractive axon guidance involves asymmetric membrane transport and exocytosis in the growth cone. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:58-66 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that growth cone attraction and repulsion are driven by distinct mechanisms, rather than using the same molecular machinery with opposing polarities. ..
- Suzuki Y, Miyazaki M, Ito E, Suzuki M, Yamashita T, Taira H, et al. Structural characterization of N-glycans of cauxin by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and nano LC-ESI-mass spectrometry. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:811-6 pubmed..The structure of the N-linked oligosaccharide of cauxin attached to (83)Asn was a bisecting complex type, Galbeta1-4GlcNAcbeta1-2Manalpha1-3(Galbeta1-4GlcNAcbeta1-2Manalpha1-6)(GlcNAcbeta1-4)Manbeta1-4GlcNAcbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-6)GlcNAc. ..
- Takata N, Hirase H. Cortical layer 1 and layer 2/3 astrocytes exhibit distinct calcium dynamics in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2525 pubmed publisher..Our findings propose a new functional segregation of layer 1 and 2/3 that is defined by autonomous astrocytic activity. ..
- Hasegawa Y, Brockdorff N, Kawano S, Tsutui K, Tsutui K, Nakagawa S. The matrix protein hnRNP U is required for chromosomal localization of Xist RNA. Dev Cell. 2010;19:469-76 pubmed publisher..In addition, ES cells lacking hnRNP U expression fail to form the Xi. We propose that the association with matrix proteins is an essential step in the epigenetic regulation of gene expression by Xist RNA. ..
- Sasaki Y, Hagiwara K, Kakisaka M, Yamada K, Murakami T, Aida Y. Importin ?3/Qip1 is involved in multiplication of mutant influenza virus with alanine mutation at amino acid 9 independently of nuclear transport function. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55765 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate the unconventional NLS within NP might have the additional ability to regulate the viral replication that is independent of nuclear localization activity via interactions with Qip1. ..
- Edvardson S, Kose S, Jalas C, Fattal Valevski A, Watanabe A, Ogawa Y, et al. Leukoencephalopathy and early death associated with an Ashkenazi-Jewish founder mutation in the Hikeshi gene. J Med Genet. 2016;53:132-7 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, nuclear HSP70 might play an active role in stressed cells protection. ..
- Marques A, Mirzaian M, Akiyama H, Wisse P, Ferraz M, Gaspar P, et al. Glucosylated cholesterol in mammalian cells and tissues: formation and degradation by multiple cellular Î²-glucosidases. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:451-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, mammalian tissues contain GlcChol formed by transglucosylation through Î²-glucosidases using GlcCer as donor. Our findings reveal a novel metabolic function for GlcCer. ..
- Nagae M, Kanagawa M, Morita Matsumoto K, Hanashima S, Kizuka Y, Taniguchi N, et al. Atomic visualization of a flipped-back conformation of bisected glycans bound to specific lectins. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22973 pubmed publisher..Restriction of glycan flexibility by certain sugar residues may be more common than previously thought and impinges on the mechanism of glycoform-dependent biological functions. ..
- Sawai M, Uchida Y, Ohno Y, Miyamoto M, Nishioka C, Itohara S, et al. The 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratases HACD1 and HACD2 exhibit functional redundancy and are active in a wide range of fatty acid elongation pathways. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15538-15551 pubmed publisher..Our findings are important for furthering the understanding of the molecular mechanisms in FA elongation and diversity. ..
- Ohkuma M, Iida T, Kudo T. Phylogenetic relationships of symbiotic spirochetes in the gut of diverse termites. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;181:123-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that termites constitute a rich reservoir of novel spirochetal diversity and that evolution of the symbiosis is not simple...
- Fukuda M, Mikoshiba K. Calcium-dependent and -independent hetero-oligomerization in the synaptotagmin family. J Biochem. 2000;128:637-45 pubmed..Our data suggest that Ca(2+)-dependent and -independent hetero-oligomerization of synaptotagmins may create a variety of Ca(2+)-sensors. ..
- Ohshima T, Ogawa M, Takeuchi K, Takahashi S, Kulkarni A, Mikoshiba K. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5/p35 contributes synergistically with Reelin/Dab1 to the positioning of facial branchiomotor and inferior olive neurons in the developing mouse hindbrain. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4036-44 pubmed..These results indicate that Cdk5/p35 and Reelin signaling regulates the selective mode of neuronal migration in the developing mouse hindbrain. ..
- Kubo Y, Amanuma H. Mutational analysis of the R peptide cleavage site of Moloney murine leukaemia virus envelope protein. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:2253-7 pubmed..This result strongly supports that R peptide cleavage is required for virus entry. ..
- Sassa T, Gomi H, Itohara S. Postnatal expression of Cdkl2 in mouse brain revealed by LacZ inserted into the Cdkl2 locus. Cell Tissue Res. 2004;315:147-56 pubmed..These results suggest that cdkl2 functions mainly in mature neurons and that mechanisms governing regulation of this gene expression in mice are distinct from those of immediate-early genes. ..
- Hull J, Kajigaya R, Imai K, Matsumoto S. Sex pheromone production in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, is mediated by store-operated Ca2+ channels. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1993-2001 pubmed..Similar results were seen when PBAN-induced lipase activity was assayed. Conversely, 1-oleoyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycerol and arachidonic acid, activators of diacylglycerol-dependent Ca(2+) channels, had no effect on bombykol production...
- Kimura T, Yamashita S, Fukuda T, Park J, Murayama M, Mizoroki T, et al. Hyperphosphorylated tau in parahippocampal cortex impairs place learning in aged mice expressing wild-type human tau. EMBO J. 2007;26:5143-52 pubmed..Thus, the accumulation of hyperphosphorylated tau that occurs before NFT formation in entorhinal cortex may contribute to the memory problems seen in Alzheimer's disease (AD). ..
- Kubo F, Nakagawa S. Hairy1 acts as a node downstream of Wnt signaling to maintain retinal stem cell-like progenitor cells in the chick ciliary marginal zone. Development. 2009;136:1823-33 pubmed publisher..We thus propose that Hairy1 functions as a node downstream of Wnt signaling to maintain progenitor cells in the chick CMZ. ..
- Iwamoto K, Bundo M, Kato T. Serotonin receptor 2C and mental disorders: genetic, expression and RNA editing studies. RNA Biol. 2009;6:248-53 pubmed..Possible significance of genetic variations affecting expression and RNA editing and appropriate animal models that mimic human mental disorders were discussed. ..
- Sano Y, Ornthanalai V, Yamada K, Homma C, Suzuki H, Suzuki T, et al. X11-like protein deficiency is associated with impaired conflict resolution in mice. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5884-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that X11L is involved in the development of neuronal circuits that contribute to conflict resolution...
- Jimba M, Takeshima S, Matoba K, Endoh D, Aida Y. BLV-CoCoMo-qPCR: Quantitation of bovine leukemia virus proviral load using the CoCoMo algorithm. Retrovirology. 2010;7:91 pubmed publisher..CoCoMo algorithm may be a useful tool to design degenerate primers for quantification of proviral load for other retroviruses including HTLV and human immunodeficiency virus type 1. ..
- Oosugi N, Yanagawa T, Nagasaka Y, Fujii N. Social Suppressive Behavior Is Organized by the Spatiotemporal Integration of Multiple Cortical Regions in the Japanese Macaque. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150934 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that social adaptation is achieved by a higher-order self-regulation process (incorporating motor preparation/execution processes) in accordance with the embodied social contexts. ..
- Miyake Y, Mizuno T, Yanagi K, Hanaoka F. Novel splicing variant of mouse Orc1 is deficient in nuclear translocation and resistant for proteasome-mediated degradation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12643-52 pubmed
- Sato T, Hamaoka T, Aizawa H, Hosoya T, Okamoto H. Genetic single-cell mosaic analysis implicates ephrinB2 reverse signaling in projections from the posterior tectum to the hindbrain in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2007;27:5271-9 pubmed..These results may provide a neuroanatomical and molecular basis for the motor command map in the tectum. ..
- Katane M, Fujita R, Takao E, Kubo Y, Aoki Y, Amanuma H. An essential role for the His-8 residue of the SDF-1alpha-chimeric, tropism-redirected Env protein of the Moloney murine leukemia virus in regulating postbinding fusion events. J Gene Med. 2004;6:260-7 pubmed
- Takahashi M, Tajima S, Okada K, Davis W, Aida Y. Involvement of bovine leukemia virus in induction and inhibition of apoptosis. Microbes Infect. 2005;7:19-28 pubmed
- Yamazaki Y, Nagatsuka Y, Oshima E, Suzuki Y, Hirabayashi Y, Hashikawa T. Comprehensive analysis of monoclonal antibodies against detergent-insoluble membrane/lipid rafts of HL60 cells. J Immunol Methods. 2006;311:106-16 pubmed..Interestingly, MAbs belonging to the former group had the potential to induce cell proliferation/differentiation in vitro. Our MAbs against the DIM fraction of HL60 cells can be valuable tools for the study of membrane microdomains. ..
- Aikawa J, Matsuo I, Ito Y. In vitro mannose trimming property of human ER ?-1,2 mannosidase I. Glycoconj J. 2012;29:35-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggested that hERManI could recognize tertiary and/or quaternary structures of glycoproteins and remove more ?-1,2 linked mannoses from misfolded glycoproteins in living cells. ..
- Ogiwara I, Iwasato T, Miyamoto H, Iwata R, Yamagata T, Mazaki E, et al. Nav1.1 haploinsufficiency in excitatory neurons ameliorates seizure-associated sudden death in a mouse model of Dravet syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:4784-804 pubmed publisher..1 haploinsufficiency contributes to the epileptic pathology of Dravet syndrome, and show for the first time that Nav1.1 haploinsufficiency in excitatory neurons has an ameliorating effect on the pathology. ..
- Niimi K, Han Y, Zhou Y, Yoshimoto T, Dai F, Teng X, et al. Blockade of Cav2.1-mediated NMDA receptor signaling disrupts conditioned fear extinction. Behav Brain Res. 2014;259:45-9 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that the combination of pharmacological and genetic approaches can be used to study functional signaling pathways in neuronal circuits. ..
- Bai D, Nakao R, Ito A, Uematsu H, Senpuku H. Immunoreactive antigens recognized in serum samples from mice intranasally immunized with Porphyromonas gingivalis outer membrane vesicles. Pathog Dis. 2015;73: pubmed publisher..We conclude that LPS and A-LPS-modified proteins in OMVs carry immunodominant determinants and eventually elicit P. gingivalis-specific antibodies in mice. ..
- Morishima N. Changes in nuclear morphology during apoptosis correlate with vimentin cleavage by different caspases located either upstream or downstream of Bcl-2 action. Genes Cells. 1999;4:401-14 pubmed..Apoptotic cleavage of vimentin most likely results in disruption of its filamentous structure, which may facilitate nuclear condensation and subsequent fragmentation through disruption of the cytoskeletal network. ..
- Nakabachi A, Shigenobu S, Sakazume N, Shiraki T, Hayashizaki Y, Carninci P, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the aphid bacteriocyte, the symbiotic host cell that harbors an endocellular mutualistic bacterium, Buchnera. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:5477-82 pubmed..Conspicuously high expression of ii and iii shed light on previously unknown aspects of the host-Buchnera interactions in the symbiotic system. ..
- Fukuda M, Imai A, Nashida T, Shimomura H. Slp4-a/granuphilin-a interacts with syntaxin-2/3 in a Munc18-2-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39175-84 pubmed..These results suggest that Slp4-a modulates amylase release from parotid acinar cells through interaction with syntaxin-2/3 on the apical plasma membrane. ..
- Sakurai T, Kaneko K, Okuno M, Wada K, Kashiyama T, Shimizu H, et al. Membrane microdomain switching: a regulatory mechanism of amyloid precursor protein processing. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:339-52 pubmed publisher..We propose that microdomain switching is a mechanism of cholesterol- and activity-dependent regulation of APP processing in neurons. ..
- Doumanis J, Wada K, Kino Y, Moore A, Nukina N. RNAi screening in Drosophila cells identifies new modifiers of mutant huntingtin aggregation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7275 pubmed publisher..Newly identified modifiers including genes related to nuclear transport, nucleotide processes, and signaling, may be involved in polyglutamine aggregate formation and Huntington disease cascades. ..
- Iino H, Maeshima K, Nakatomi R, Kose S, Hashikawa T, Tachibana T, et al. Live imaging system for visualizing nuclear pore complex (NPC) formation during interphase in mammalian cells. Genes Cells. 2010;15:647-60 pubmed publisher..As a lack of RCC1 decreased some Nups containing unstructured phenylalanine-glycine repeats in the NPC structure, we propose that RCC1 is also involved in maintaining NPC integrity during interphase in mammalian cells...
- Matsumoto S, Hull J, Ohnishi A, Moto K, Fónagy A. Molecular mechanisms underlying sex pheromone production in the silkmoth, Bombyx mori: characterization of the molecular components involved in bombykol biosynthesis. J Insect Physiol. 2007;53:752-9 pubmed..Characterization of these, and other, key molecules will facilitate our understanding of the precise mechanisms underlying lepidopteran sex pheromone production...
- Yamagishi T, Hirose S, Kondo T. Secondary DNA structure formation for Hoxb9 promoter and identification of its specific binding protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:1965-75 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DNA can regulate gene expression by other, non-sequence-specific modes of genetic coding. ..