Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant proteins in Ikoma, Nara, Japan
Locale: Ikoma, Nara, Japan
Topic: recombinant proteins
- Nakajima K, Furutani I, Tachimoto H, Matsubara H, Hashimoto T. SPIRAL1 encodes a plant-specific microtubule-localized protein required for directional control of rapidly expanding Arabidopsis cells. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1178-90 pubmed..These observations suggest that SPR1 is a plant-specific MT-localized protein required for the maintenance of growth anisotropy in rapidly elongating cells. ..
- Lieberherr D, Thao N, Nakashima A, Umemura K, Kawasaki T, Shimamoto K. A sphingolipid elicitor-inducible mitogen-activated protein kinase is regulated by the small GTPase OsRac1 and heterotrimeric G-protein in rice 1[w]. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:1644-52 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that these two G-proteins regulate an elicitor-inducible MAPK in rice at the protein level...
- Shirai K, Yamazaki Y, Kamikubo H, Imamoto Y, Kataoka M. Attempt to simplify the amino-acid sequence of photoactive yellow protein with a set of simple rules. Proteins. 2007;67:821-33 pubmed..The structural characterization of each chimeric protein indicates that the important information on the structure formation is encoded in the beta-scaffold region. ..
- Saito Y, Ashida H, Kojima C, Tamura H, Matsumura H, Kai Y, et al. Enzymatic characterization of 5-methylthioribose 1-phosphate isomerase from Bacillus subtilis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:2021-8 pubmed..7 kJ mol(-1). The enzyme, with a molecular mass of 76 kDa, was composed of two subunits. The equilibrium constant in the reversible isomerase reaction [MTRu-1-P]/[MTR-1-P] was 6. We discuss the possible reaction mechanism...
- Ohki I, Amida H, Yamada R, Sugihara M, Ishigaki T, Tate S. Surface plasmon resonance study on functional significance of clustered organization of lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor (LOX-1). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:345-54 pubmed publisher..In combination with the analyses on the loss-of-binding mutant W150A, we concluded that the clustered organization of the properly formed homodimeric CTLD is essential for the strong binding of LOX-1 to OxLDL. ..