Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetically modified plants in Ikoma, Nara, Japan
Locale: Ikoma, Nara, Japan
Topic: genetically modified plants
- Igawa T, Fujiwara M, Tanaka I, Fukao Y, Yanagawa Y. Characterization of bacterial-type phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase expressed in male gametophyte of higher plants. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:200 pubmed publisher..Therefore, BTPC is thought to accelerate the metabolic flow for the synthesis of storage substances during pollen maturation. Our study provides the first characterization of BTPC in pollen, the male gametophyte of higher plants. ..
- Fukaki H, Tameda S, Masuda H, Tasaka M. Lateral root formation is blocked by a gain-of-function mutation in the SOLITARY-ROOT/IAA14 gene of Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2002;29:153-68 pubmed..These observations indicate that SLR/IAA14 is a key regulator in auxin-regulated growth and development, particularly in lateral root formation. ..
- Saito C, Morita M, Kato T, Tasaka M. Amyloplasts and vacuolar membrane dynamics in the living graviperceptive cell of the Arabidopsis inflorescence stem. Plant Cell. 2005;17:548-58 pubmed..We also discuss the data on the two kinds of movements of amyloplasts that may play an important role in gravitropism: (1) the leading edge amyloplasts and (2) the en mass movement of amyloplasts. ..
- Nakamura M, Hashimoto T. A mutation in the Arabidopsis gamma-tubulin-containing complex causes helical growth and abnormal microtubule branching. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2208-17 pubmed publisher..These results show that Arabidopsis GCP2 has an important role in precisely positioning the gamma-tubulin-containing complex on pre-existing microtubules and in the proper organization of cortical arrays. ..
- Komaki S, Abe T, Coutuer S, Inz D, Russinova E, Hashimoto T. Nuclear-localized subtype of end-binding 1 protein regulates spindle organization in Arabidopsis. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:451-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a plant-specific EB1 subtype has evolved to function preferentially on the spindle microtubules by accumulating in the prophase nucleus...