Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Topic: protein transport
- Wakamatsu Y, Nakamura N, Lee J, Cole G, Osumi N. Transitin, a nestin-like intermediate filament protein, mediates cortical localization and the lateral transport of Numb in mitotic avian neuroepithelial cells. Development. 2007;134:2425-33 pubmed..These results indicate that transitin has important roles in determining the intracellular localization of Numb, which regulates neurogenesis in the developing nervous system of avian embryos. ..
- Sakamoto A, Suzuki S, Matsumaru T, Yamamura N, Uchida Y, Tachikawa M, et al. Correlation of Organic Cation/Carnitine Transporter 1 and Multidrug Resistance-Associated Protein 1 Transport Activities With Protein Expression Levels in Primary Cultured Human Tracheal, Bronchial, and Alveolar Epithelial Cells. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:876-883 pubmed publisher..800, 0.904, and 0.790, respectively). These findings suggest that OCTN1 and MRP1 protein concentrations are determinants for drug distribution in the lung. ..
- Saito M, Sugai M, Katsushima Y, Yanagisawa T, Sukegawa J, Nakahata N. Increase in cell-surface localization of parathyroid hormone receptor by cytoskeletal protein 4.1G. Biochem J. 2005;392:75-81 pubmed..1G, but not 4.1G-CTD. These data indicate that 4.1G facilitates the cell-surface localization of PTHR through its interaction with the C-terminus of the receptor, resulting in the potentiation of PTHR-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Tominaga Wada R, Kurata T, Wada T. Localization of the CAPRICE-ENHANCER OF TRY AND CPC1 chimera protein in Arabidopsis root epidermis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1762-1767 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the addition of the S1 sequence was not sufficient for ETC1 to acquire cell-to-cell movement ability. ..
- Hatakeyama H, Kanzaki M. Regulatory mode shift of Tbc1d1 is required for acquisition of insulin-responsive GLUT4-trafficking activity. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:809-17 pubmed publisher..Thus our data provide novel insights into temporal acquisition/memorization of Tbc1d1 insulin responsiveness, relying on the PTB1 domain, possibly a key factor in the beneficial effects of exercise on muscle insulin potency. ..
- Kumata Y, Tada S, Yamanada Y, Tsuyama T, Kobayashi T, Dong Y, et al. Possible involvement of RecQL4 in the repair of double-strand DNA breaks in Xenopus egg extracts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1773:556-64 pubmed
- Yasuda T, Saegusa C, Kamakura S, Sumimoto H, Fukuda M. Rab27 effector Slp2-a transports the apical signaling molecule podocalyxin to the apical surface of MDCK II cells and regulates claudin-2 expression. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3229-39 pubmed publisher..Because both Slp2-a and claudin-2 are highly expressed in mouse renal proximal tubules, Slp2-a is likely to regulate claudin-2 expression through trafficking of podocalyxin to the apical surface in mouse renal tubule epithelial cells. ..
- Kobayashi H, Fukuda M. Rab35 regulates Arf6 activity through centaurin-?2 (ACAP2) during neurite outgrowth. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2235-43 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mode of crosstalk between Rab and Arf: a Rab effector and Arf-GAP coupling mechanism, in which Arf-GAP is recruited to a specific membrane compartment by its Rab effector function. ..
- Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Ishida M, Fukuda M. Melanoregulin regulates retrograde melanosome transport through interaction with the RILP-p150Glued complex in melanocytes. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1508-18 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a new mechanism by which the dynein-dynactin motor complex recognizes Mreg on mature melanosomes through interaction with RILP and is involved in the centripetal movement of melanosomes. ..
- Watanabe Y, Nakamura H. Nuclear translocation of intracellular domain of Protogenin by proteolytic cleavage. Dev Growth Differ. 2012;54:167-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that the PRTG-ICD is cleaved by ?-secretase and translocates to the nucleus, which is potentially implicated in signaling for neural differentiation and in cell adhesion mediated by PRTG. ..
- Morita T, Amagai A, Maeda Y. Translocation of the Dictyostelium TRAP1 homologue to mitochondria induces a novel prestarvation response. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5759-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Dd-TRAP1 is translocated to mitochondria by sensing the cell density in growth medium and enhances the early developmental program through a novel prestarvation response...
- Fukuda M. Rab27 effectors, pleiotropic regulators in secretory pathways. Traffic. 2013;14:949-63 pubmed publisher..g. exosome secretion and mast cell secretion) even within the same cell type. In this review article, I describe the current state of our understanding of the functions of Rab27 effectors in secretory pathways. ..
- Ito C, Saito Y, Nozawa T, Fujii S, Sawa T, Inoue H, et al. Endogenous nitrated nucleotide is a key mediator of autophagy and innate defense against bacteria. Mol Cell. 2013;52:794-804 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that 8-nitro-cGMP plays a crucial role in cytoprotection during bacterial infections or inflammations via autophagy upregulation. ..
- Imamura J, Suzuki Y, Gonda K, Roy C, Gatanaga H, Ohuchi N, et al. Single particle tracking confirms that multivalent Tat protein transduction domain-induced heparan sulfate proteoglycan cross-linkage activates Rac1 for internalization. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10581-92 pubmed publisher..This work should guide the future design of TatP-based peptides as therapeutic nanocarriers with efficient transduction. ..
- Suzuki Y, Kobayashi M, Miyashita H, Ohta H, Sonoda H, Sato Y. Isolation of a small vasohibin-binding protein (SVBP) and its role in vasohibin secretion. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3094-101 pubmed publisher..Moreover, co-transfection of SVBP significantly augmented the inhibitory effect of VASH1 on EC migration. These results indicate that SVBP acts as a secretory chaperone for VASH1 and contributes to the anti-angiogenic activity of VASH1. ..
- Marubashi S, Shimada H, Fukuda M, Ohbayashi N. RUTBC1 Functions as a GTPase-activating Protein for Rab32/38 and Regulates Melanogenic Enzyme Trafficking in Melanocytes. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1427-40 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that proper spatiotemporal regulation of Rab32/38 is essential for the trafficking of all three melanogenic enzymes in mouse melanocytes. ..
- Tamura K, Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Kanno E, Itoh T, Fukuda M. Varp is a novel Rab32/38-binding protein that regulates Tyrp1 trafficking in melanocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2900-8 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose that Varp functions as the Rab32/38 effector that controls trafficking of Tyrp1 in melanocytes. ..
- Tohno M, Ueda W, Azuma Y, Shimazu T, Katoh S, Wang J, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of porcine nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-2 (NOD2). Mol Immunol. 2008;45:194-203 pubmed..Our results implicate NOD2 as an important immunoregulator in the swine intestinal immunity. ..
- Yasuda S, Morishita S, Fujita A, Nanao T, Wada N, Waguri S, et al. Mon1-Ccz1 activates Rab7 only on late endosomes and dissociates from the lysosome in mammalian cells. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:329-40 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Rab7 activity on lysosomes was independent of Mon1-Ccz1 and active Rab7 played a role in perinuclear clustering of lysosomes. ..
- Sasaki M, Sukegawa J, Miyosawa K, Yanagisawa T, Ohkubo S, Nakahata N. Low expression of cell-surface thromboxane A2 receptor beta-isoform through the negative regulation of its membrane traffic by proteasomes. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2007;83:237-49 pubmed..These results suggest that TP beta binds to alpha 7 and PA28 gamma, and the cell-surface expression of TP beta is lower than that of TP alpha through the negative regulation of its membrane traffic by proteasomes. ..
- Nagata Ohashi K, Ohta Y, Goto K, Chiba S, Mori R, Nishita M, et al. A pathway of neuregulin-induced activation of cofilin-phosphatase Slingshot and cofilin in lamellipodia. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:465-71 pubmed
- Yatsu A, Ohbayashi N, Tamura K, Fukuda M. Syntaxin-3 is required for melanosomal localization of Tyrp1 in melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2237-46 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that the SNARE machinery composed of VAMP7 on Tyrp1-containing vesicles and syntaxin-3 and SNAP23 on melanosomes regulates Tyrp1 trafficking to the melanosome in melanocytes. ..
- Xu A, Kuramasu A, Maeda K, Kinoshita K, Takayanagi S, Fukushima Y, et al. Agonist-induced internalization of histamine H2 receptor and activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases are dynamin-dependent. J Neurochem. 2008;107:208-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the agonist-induced H2R internalization and ERK1/2 activation are partially dynamin-dependent. Furthermore, ERK1/2 activation via H2R is likely dependent of the endocytotic process rather than dynamin itself. ..
- Ishida M, Arai S, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M. The GTPase-deficient Rab27A(Q78L) mutant inhibits melanosome transport in melanocytes through trapping of Rab27A effector protein Slac2-a/melanophilin in their cytosol: development of a novel melanosome-targetinG tag. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:11059-67 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the GTPase activity of Rab27A is required for its melanosome localization but is not required for melanosome transport. ..
- Morita T, Amagai A, Maeda Y. Unique behavior of a dictyostelium homologue of TRAP-1, coupling with differentiation of D. discoideum cells. Exp Cell Res. 2002;280:45-54 pubmed..The translocation of this protein raises interesting and fundamental questions regarding possible mechanisms by which Dd-TRAP1 is involved in cellular differentiation. ..
- Nourani M, Owada Y, Kitanaka N, Abdelwahab S, Iwasa H, Sakagami H, et al. Localization of epidermal-type fatty acid binding protein in macrophages in advanced atretic follicles of adult mice. J Mol Histol. 2005;36:391-400 pubmed
- Ando R, Shima H, Tamahara T, Sato Y, Watanabe Matsui M, Kato H, et al. The Transcription Factor Bach2 Is Phosphorylated at Multiple Sites in Murine B Cells but a Single Site Prevents Its Nuclear Localization. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1826-40 pubmed publisher..Bach2 repressor activity was enhanced by the Ser-535 mutation in B cells. These results suggest that the PI3K-Akt-mTOR pathway inhibits Bach2 by both repressing its expression and inducing its phosphorylation in B cells. ..
- Hayashi R, Yamato M, Sugiyama H, Sumide T, Yang J, Okano T, et al. N-Cadherin is expressed by putative stem/progenitor cells and melanocytes in the human limbal epithelial stem cell niche. Stem Cells. 2007;25:289-96 pubmed..These results indicate that N-cadherin may be a critical cell-to-cell adhesion molecule between corneal epithelial stem/progenitor cells and their corresponding niche cells in the limbal epithelium. ..
- Tanemoto M, Toyohara T, Abe T, Ito S. MAGI-1a functions as a scaffolding protein for the distal renal tubular basolateral K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12241-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the phosphorylation-dependent scaffolding of the basolateral K(+) channels by MAGI-1a-long participates in the renal regulation of the fluid and electrolyte homeostasis. ..
- Yu Z, Ono C, Kim H, Komatsu H, Tanabe Y, Sakae N, et al. Four mood stabilizers commonly induce FEZ1 expression in human astrocytes. Bipolar Disord. 2011;13:486-99 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that FEZ1 may play important roles in human astrocytes, and that mood stabilizers might exert their cytoprotective and mood-stabilizing effects by inducing FEZ1 expression in astrocytes. ..
- Yuga M, Gomi K, Klionsky D, Shintani T. Aspartyl aminopeptidase is imported from the cytoplasm to the vacuole by selective autophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13704-13 pubmed publisher..We propose that the cytosolic Ape4 is redistributed to the vacuole when yeast cells need more active vacuolar degradation. ..
- Uemura S, Yoshida S, Shishido F, Inokuchi J. The cytoplasmic tail of GM3 synthase defines its subcellular localization, stability, and in vivo activity. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3088-100 pubmed publisher..The system, which produces SAT-I isoforms having distinct characteristics, is likely to be of critical importance for the regulation of GM3 biosynthesis under various pathological and physiological conditions. ..
- Tanaka Y, Tanaka N, Saeki Y, Tanaka K, Murakami M, Hirano T, et al. c-Cbl-dependent monoubiquitination and lysosomal degradation of gp130. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4805-18 pubmed publisher..The lysosomal degradation of gp130 is critical for cessation of IL-6-mediated signaling. ..
- Kon S, Tanabe K, Watanabe T, Sabe H, Satake M. Clathrin dependent endocytosis of E-cadherin is regulated by the Arf6GAP isoform SMAP1. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:1415-28 pubmed publisher..This activity of SMAP1 in E-cadherin turnover may be involved in epithelial organization and/or epithelial-mesenchymal transition. ..
- Ishibashi K, Uemura T, Waguri S, Fukuda M. Atg16L1, an essential factor for canonical autophagy, participates in hormone secretion from PC12 cells independently of autophagic activity. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3193-202 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Atg16L1 regulates not only autophagy in all cell types, but also secretion from dense-core vesicles, presumably by acting as a Rab33A effector, in particular cell types. ..
- Matsui T, Itoh T, Fukuda M. Small GTPase Rab12 regulates constitutive degradation of transferrin receptor. Traffic. 2011;12:1432-43 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that TfR is constitutively degraded by a Rab12-dependent pathway (presumably from recycling endosomes to lysosomes), which is independent of the conventional degradation pathway. ..
- Kon S, Minegishi N, Tanabe K, Watanabe T, Funaki T, Wong W, et al. Smap1 deficiency perturbs receptor trafficking and predisposes mice to myelodysplasia. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1123-37 pubmed publisher..Collectively, to our knowledge these results provide the first evidence in a mouse model that the deregulation of clathrin-dependent membrane trafficking may be involved in the development of MDS and subsequent AML. ..
- Tateda C, Watanabe K, Kusano T, Takahashi Y. Molecular and genetic characterization of the gene family encoding the voltage-dependent anion channel in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4773-85 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it was demonstrated that VDAC1 is not only necessary for normal growth but also important for disease resistance through regulation of hydrogen peroxide generation. ..
- Funaki T, Kon S, Ronn R, Henmi Y, Kobayashi Y, Watanabe T, et al. Localization of SMAP2 to the TGN and its function in the regulation of TGN protein transport. Cell Struct Funct. 2011;36:83-95 pubmed..SMAP2 therefore belongs to an ArfGAP subtype that resides on the TGN and functions as a negative regulator of vesicle budding from the organelle. ..
- Zhang L, Sato Y, Hessa T, von Heijne G, Lee J, Kodama I, et al. Contribution of hydrophobic and electrostatic interactions to the membrane integration of the Shaker K+ channel voltage sensor domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:8263-8 pubmed..These results suggest that cooperative insertion of the voltage-sensor transmembrane helices is a property common to K(v) channels and that the degree of cooperativity depends on a balance between electrostatic and hydrophobic forces. ..
- Ohbayashi N, Mamishi S, Ishibashi K, Maruta Y, Pourakbari B, Tamizifar B, et al. Functional characterization of two RAB27A missense mutations found in Griscelli syndrome type 2. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2010;23:365-74 pubmed publisher..The Rab27A(K22R) mutant normally binds Munc13-4, but not Slp2-a or Slp4-a, whereas the Rab27A(I44T) mutant shows reduced binding activity to Slp2-a and Munc13-4 but normally binds Slp4-a. ..
- Kanno E, Fukuda M. Increased plasma membrane localization of O-glycosylation-deficient mutant of synaptotagmin I in PC12 cells. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:1036-43 pubmed..The results indicate that O-glycosylation, not N-glycosylation, is partially involved in efficient targeting of Syt I protein to dense-core vesicles in PC12 cells. ..
- Kanazawa C, Morita E, Yamada M, Ishii N, Miura S, Asao H, et al. Effects of deficiencies of STAMs and Hrs, mammalian class E Vps proteins, on receptor downregulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:848-56 pubmed..Furthermore, endosome swelling is seen in both Hrs(-/-) and STAM1(-/-)STAM2(-/-) cells. These results suggest that the STAMs and Hrs play important roles in the mammalian endosomal/vacuolar protein sorting pathway. ..