Experts and Doctors on pollen in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
- Sato Y, Sato K, Nishio T. Interspecific pairs of class II S haplotypes having different recognition specificities between Brassica oleracea and Brassica rapa. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:340-5 pubmed..The regions of class II SP11 and SRK important for self-recognition specificity and the diversification of class II S haplotypes are discussed herein. ..
- Kawanabe T, Ariizumi T, Kawai Yamada M, Uchimiya H, Toriyama K. Abolition of the tapetum suicide program ruins microsporogenesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:784-7 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the PCD signal commences at the tetrad stage and that the proper timing of PCD in the tapetum is essential for normal microsporogenesis. ..
- Okamoto S, Odashima M, Fujimoto R, Sato Y, Kitashiba H, Nishio T. Self-compatibility in Brassica napus is caused by independent mutations in S-locus genes. Plant J. 2007;50:391-400 pubmed publisher..Two other S genotypes in B. napus also had non-functional class I S haplotypes together with recessive BnS-6. These observations suggest independent origins of self-compatibility in B. napus...
- Fujii S, Toriyama K. DCW11, down-regulated gene 11 in CW-type cytoplasmic male sterile rice, encoding mitochondrial protein phosphatase 2c is related to cytoplasmic male sterility. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:633-40 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of DCW11 and up-regulation of AOX1a were also observed in two other types of rice CMS. Our result indicates that DCW11 could play a role as a mitochondrial signal transduction mediator in pollen germination. ..
- Tochigi T, Udagawa H, Li F, Kitashiba H, Nishio T. The self-compatibility mechanism in Brassica napus L. is applicable to F1 hybrid breeding. Theor Appl Genet. 2011;123:475-82 pubmed publisher..oleracea. This line was self-incompatible, but F(1) hybrids between this line and 'Westar' were self-compatible. These results suggest that the self-compatibility mechanism of 'Westar' is applicable to F(1) seed production in B. napus. ..
- Moriguchi R, Ohata K, Kanahama K, Takahashi H, Nishiyama M, Kanayama Y. Suppression of telomere-binding protein gene expression represses seed and fruit development in tomato. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1927-33 pubmed publisher..LeTBP1 expression was sensitive to temperature stress in wild-type plants. We conclude that LeTBP1 plays a critical role in seed and fruit development rather than vegetative growth and flower formation. ..
- Takada Y, Murase K, Shimosato Asano H, Sato T, Nakanishi H, Suwabe K, et al. Duplicated pollen-pistil recognition loci control intraspecific unilateral incompatibility in Brassica rapa. Nat Plants. 2017;3:17096 pubmed publisher..The duplication of the SRK and SP11 followed by reciprocal loss in different populations would provide a molecular mechanism of the emergence of a reproductive barrier in allopatry. ..