Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Publications517 found, 100 shown here
- Nonogaki K, Kaji T. Hypothalamic orexin and pro-opiomelanocortin activities are essential for the anorexic effects of m-chlorophenylpiperazine in mice. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2010;13:1261-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that functional hypothalamic POMC and orexin activity has a critical role in satiety signalling of mCPP in mice. ..
- Inoue A, Arima N, Ishiguro J, Prestwich G, Arai H, Aoki J. LPA-producing enzyme PA-PLA?? regulates hair follicle development by modulating EGFR signalling. EMBO J. 2011;30:4248-60 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that a PA-PLA(1)?-LPA-P2Y5 axis regulates differentiation and maturation of hair follicles via a TACE-TGF?-EGFR pathway, thus underscoring the physiological importance of LPA-induced EGFR transactivation. ..
- Pan X, Suzuki N, Hirano I, Yamazaki S, Minegishi N, Yamamoto M. Isolation and characterization of renal erythropoietin-producing cells from genetically produced anemia mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25839 pubmed publisher..This has provided evidence that positive regulation by HIF2? and negative regulation by HIF3? might be necessary for correct renal Epo induction. ..
- Hasegawa A, Shimizu R, Mohandas N, Yamamoto M. Mature erythrocyte membrane homeostasis is compromised by loss of the GATA1-FOG1 interaction. Blood. 2012;119:2615-23 pubmed publisher..These results thus demonstrate that the loss of the GATA1-FOG1 interaction causes a unique combination of membrane protein deficiency and disturbs the function of GATA1 in maintaining erythroid homeostasis. ..
- ObregÃ³n R, Ahadian S, RamÃ³n AzcÃ³n J, Chen L, Fujita T, Shiku H, et al. Non-invasive measurement of glucose uptake of skeletal muscle tissue models using a glucose nanobiosensor. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;50:194-201 pubmed publisher..In total, the glucose consumption of muscle tissues was higher for the electrically stimulated tissues compared to those without applying the electrical field. ..
- Kasahara Y, Sato K, Takayanagi Y, Mizukami H, Ozawa K, Hidema S, et al. Oxytocin receptor in the hypothalamus is sufficient to rescue normal thermoregulatory function in male oxytocin receptor knockout mice. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4305-15 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to demonstrate that the central OXT/OXTR system plays important roles in the regulation of body temperature homeostasis. ..
- Tanishima M, Takashima S, Honda A, Yasuda D, Tanikawa T, Ishii S, et al. Identification of optineurin as an interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 1-binding protein and its role in regulation of MyD88-dependent signaling. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17250-17257 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the IRAK1-binding protein OPTN negatively regulates IL-1β/LPS-induced NF-κB activation by preventing polyubiquitination of TRAF6. ..
- Onodera H, Takase S, Oda S, Sobue I, Kogure K. Neurotransmitter receptors of the rolling mouse Nagoya: a quantitative autoradiographic study. Neurosci Res. 1988;5:316-24 pubmed..These results suggest that neurochemical alterations in the caudate-putamen as well as in the cerebellar cortex play important roles in the ataxia and motor dysfunction of the RMN. ..
- Ema M, Taya S, Yokotani N, Sogawa K, Matsuda Y, Fujii Kuriyama Y. A novel bHLH-PAS factor with close sequence similarity to hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha regulates the VEGF expression and is potentially involved in lung and vascular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4273-8 pubmed
- Tanaka Y, Watanabe T, Chiba N, Niki M, Kuroiwa Y, Nishihira T, et al. The protooncogene product, PEBP2beta/CBFbeta, is mainly located in the cytoplasm and has an affinity with cytoskeletal structures. Oncogene. 1997;15:677-83 pubmed..Thus, the present study extends PEBP2beta/CBFbeta to be a cytoskeleton-affinitive as well as nuclear protein. The implications of these results are discussed. ..
- Kobayashi A, Ito E, Toki T, Kogame K, Takahashi S, Igarashi K, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a new Cap'n' collar family transcription factor Nrf3. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:6443-52 pubmed
- Yuasa T, Ono M, Watanabe T, Takai T. Lyn is essential for fcgamma receptor III-mediated systemic anaphylaxis but not for the Arthus reaction. J Exp Med. 2001;193:563-72 pubmed..These findings provide us with insight into distinct signaling mechanisms in mast cells underlying the development of diverse pathologies as well as a therapeutic potential for selective treatment of allergic disorders. ..
- Hayashi K, Abe N, Watanabe T, Obinata M, Ito M, Sato T, et al. Overexpression of AML1 transcription factor drives thymocytes into the CD8 single-positive lineage. J Immunol. 2001;167:4957-65 pubmed..Thus, overexpression of AML1 is able to skew class II-restricted thymocytes into the CD8 SP lineage, but not to drive the maturation of resulting selected CD8 SP cells. ..
- Kanazawa C, Morita E, Yamada M, Ishii N, Miura S, Asao H, et al. Effects of deficiencies of STAMs and Hrs, mammalian class E Vps proteins, on receptor downregulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:848-56 pubmed..Furthermore, endosome swelling is seen in both Hrs(-/-) and STAM1(-/-)STAM2(-/-) cells. These results suggest that the STAMs and Hrs play important roles in the mammalian endosomal/vacuolar protein sorting pathway. ..
- Kadota I, Takamura H, Sato K, Ohno A, Matsuda K, Satake M, et al. Convergent total syntheses of gambierol and 16-epi-gambierol and their biological activities. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:11893-9 pubmed..The similar transformations were carried out on the epimeric octacycle 34 to give 2, which showed no toxicity against mice at the concentration of 14 mg/kg. ..
- Kanno S, Tomizawa A, Hiura T, Osanai Y, Shouji A, Ujibe M, et al. Inhibitory effects of naringenin on tumor growth in human cancer cell lines and sarcoma S-180-implanted mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:527-30 pubmed..Naringin (NG) also inhibited tumor growth by peroral injection but not intraperitoneal injection. NGEN, one of the most abundant flavonoids in citrus fruits, may have a potentially useful inhibitory effect on tumor growth. ..
- Matsuya S, Sakagami H, Tohgo A, Owada Y, Shin H, Takeshima H, et al. Cellular and subcellular localization of EFA6C, a third member of the EFA6 family, in adult mouse Purkinje cells. J Neurochem. 2005;93:674-85 pubmed..These findings suggest that EFA6C may be involved in the regulation of the membrane dynamics of the somatodendritic compartments of Purkinje cells through the activation of ARF6. ..
- Tohgo A, Eiraku M, Miyazaki T, Miura E, Kawaguchi S, Nishi M, et al. Impaired cerebellar functions in mutant mice lacking DNER. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:326-33 pubmed..Our results indicate that DNER takes part in stimulation of BG maturation via intercellular communication and is essential for precise cerebellar development. ..
- Uehara Y, Ikehata H, Furuya M, Kobayashi S, He D, Chen Y, et al. XPC is involved in genome maintenance through multiple pathways in different tissues. Mutat Res. 2009;670:24-31 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that there may be diverse roles or mechanisms through which XPC participates in genome maintenance in different tissues. ..
- Tagashira H, Bhuiyan S, Shioda N, Hasegawa H, Kanai H, Fukunaga K. Sigma1-receptor stimulation with fluvoxamine ameliorates transverse aortic constriction-induced myocardial hypertrophy and dysfunction in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H1535-45 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a potential role for ?(1)R stimulation by fluvoxamine in attenuating cardiac hypertrophy and restoring contractility in TAC mice...
- Katsha A, Ohkouchi S, Xin H, Kanehira M, Sun R, Nukiwa T, et al. Paracrine factors of multipotent stromal cells ameliorate lung injury in an elastase-induced emphysema model. Mol Ther. 2011;19:196-203 pubmed publisher..In-vitro coculture studies confirmed the in vivo observations. Our findings suggest that paracrine factors derived from MSCs is the main mechanism for the protection of lung tissues from elastase injury...
- Uehara Y, Ito Y, Taki K, Nenoi M, Ichinohe K, Nakamura S, et al. Gene expression profiles in mouse liver after long-term low-dose-rate irradiation with gamma rays. Radiat Res. 2010;174:611-7 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that a few genes are modulated in response to very low-dose-rate irradiation. The functional analysis suggests that these genes may influence many processes, including obesity and tumorigenesis. ..
- Suzuki A, Harada H, Nakamura H. Nuclear translocation of FGF8 and its implication to induce Sprouty2. Dev Growth Differ. 2012;54:463-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we concluded that FGF8b could be translocated to the nuclei, and that the nuclear FGF8 could function as transcriptional regulator to induce Sprouty2 in the isthmus. ..
- Guo N, Yoshizaki K, Kimura R, Suto F, Yanagawa Y, Osumi N. A sensitive period for GABAergic interneurons in the dentate gyrus in modulating sensorimotor gating. J Neurosci. 2013;33:6691-704 pubmed publisher..It is plausible that changes in neurogenesis during this window may affect the survival of GABAergic interneurons, although this link needs to be causally addressed. ..
- Katoh S, Kitazawa H, Shimosato T, Tohno M, Kawai Y, Saito T. Cloning and characterization of Swine interleukin-17, preferentially expressed in the intestines. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2004;24:553-9 pubmed..The gene sequence and biologically active recombinat protein for PoIL-17 will be useful for elucidation of the role of IL-17 in the regulation of intestinal immune responses. ..
- Nemoto Y, Yamamoto T, Takada S, Matsui Y, Obinata M. Antisense RNA of the latent period gene (MER5) inhibits the differentiation of murine erythroleukemia cells. Gene. 1990;91:261-5 pubmed..Only in the transformants with the antisense MER5 cDNA, did their elevated expression inhibit differentiation. The result suggests that the MER5 gene product may promote early events in the differentiation of MEL cells. ..
- Morita M, Kobayashi A, Yamashita T, Shimanuki T, Nakajima O, Takahashi S, et al. Functional analysis of basic transcription element binding protein by gene targeting technology. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2489-500 pubmed
- Yoshida M, Saiga K, Hato T, Iwaki S, Niiya T, Arita N, et al. Cappuccino mutation in an autoimmune-prone strain of mice suggests a role of platelet function in the progression of immune complex crescentic glomerulonephritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2934-43 pubmed..Morphologic examination revealed a partial defect in dense body formation in the delta-granule of platelets. The present findings suggest that platelet functions have a critical role in crescent formation in autoimmune GN. ..
- Okitsu Y, Takahashi S, Minegishi N, Kameoka J, Kaku M, Yamamoto M, et al. Regulation of adipocyte differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells by transcription factor GATA-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:383-7 pubmed..In addition, regulatory elements of the GATA-2 gene in TBR343 are the same as those in hematopoietic cells. These results suggest that GATA-2 maintains a hematopoietic microenvironment by regulating the differentiation of adipocytes. ..
- Takeda K, Takemoto C, Kobayashi I, Watanabe A, Nobukuni Y, Fisher D, et al. Ser298 of MITF, a mutation site in Waardenburg syndrome type 2, is a phosphorylation site with functional significance. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:125-32 pubmed..These findings suggest that the Ser298 is important for MITF function and is phosphorylated probably by GSK3beta. ..
- Lefter L, Sunamura M, Furukawa T, Yastsuoka T, Abe H, Inoue H, et al. Functional analysis of chromosome 18 in pancreatic cancer: strong evidence for new tumour suppressor genes. Asian J Surg. 2004;27:85-92 pubmed..This study was intended to provide functional evidence for the existence of new tumour suppressor gene(s) located on chromosome 18...
- Kamimura M, Matsumoto K, Koshiba Takeuchi K, Ogura T. Vertebrate crossveinless 2 is secreted and acts as an extracellular modulator of the BMP signaling cascade. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:434-45 pubmed..Our data show for the first time that CV-2 is a conserved, positive regulator of BMP signaling and that CR domain proteins act as both positive and negative modulators of BMP signaling. ..
- Yasuda T, Endo M, Kon no T, Kato T, Mitsuzuka M, Ohsawa K. Antipyretic, analgesic and muscle relaxant activities of pueraria isoflavonoids and their metabolites from Pueraria lobata Ohwi-a traditional Chinese drug. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:1224-8 pubmed..Furthermore, equol and p-ethylphenol showed muscle relaxant activity in the rotarod and horizontal wire test. These results suggest that these compounds play a major role in the therapeutic activity of Pueraria isoflavonoids...
- Wang Z, Sugano E, Isago H, Hiroi T, Tamai M, Tomita H. Differentiation of neuronal cells from NIH/3T3 fibroblasts under defined conditions. Dev Growth Differ. 2011;53:357-65 pubmed publisher..This transdifferentiation may be due to the possible neural progenitor potential of NIH/3T3 fibroblasts that remains dormant under normal conditions. ..
- Rabieyousefi M, Soroosh P, Satoh K, Date F, Ishii N, Yamashita M, et al. Indispensable roles of OX40L-derived signal and epistatic genetic effect in immune-mediated pathogenesis of spontaneous pulmonary hypertension. BMC Immunol. 2011;12:67 pubmed publisher..Present findings suggest a role for the OX40L-derived immune response and epistatic genetic effect in immune-mediated pathogenesis of PAH. ..
- Saito Y, Ono T, Takeda N, Nohmi T, Seki M, Enomoto T, et al. Embryonic lethality in mice lacking mismatch-specific thymine DNA glycosylase is partially prevented by DOPS, a precursor of noradrenaline. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2012;226:75-83 pubmed..5 dpc, suggesting that the lethality in (-/-) embryos is partially due to the reduction of noradrenaline. These results suggest that embryonic lethality in Tdg (-/-) embryos is due, in part, to the reduction of noradrenaline levels. ..
- Shinohara N, Ito J, Tsuduki T, Honma T, Kijima R, Sugawara S, et al. jacaric acid, a linolenic acid isomer with a conjugated triene system, reduces stearoyl-CoA desaturase expression in liver of mice. J Oleo Sci. 2012;61:433-41 pubmed..Inhibition of SCD activity may have anti-obesity and anti-diabetes effects, and therefore the findings in this study suggest that JA may be effective for preventing obesity and diabetes. ..
- Matsui T, Fukuda M. Rab12 regulates mTORC1 activity and autophagy through controlling the degradation of amino-acid transporter PAT4. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:450-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new mechanism of regulation of mTORC1 signalling and autophagy, that is, quality control of PAT4 by Rab12. ..
- Takagi R, Ishimaru J, Sugawara A, Toyoshima K, Ishida K, Ogawa M, et al. Bioengineering a 3D integumentary organ system from iPS cells using an in vivo transplantation model. Sci Adv. 2016;2:e1500887 pubmed publisher..Potential applications of the 3D integumentary organ system include an in vitro assay system, an animal model alternative, and a bioengineered organ replacement therapy. ..
- Kanno H, Tachiwaki O, Nose M, Kyogoku M. Immune complex-degradation ability of macrophages in MRL/Mp-lpr/lpr lupus mice and its regulation by cytokines. Clin Exp Immunol. 1994;95:115-21 pubmed
- Ishii N, Owada Y, Yamada M, Miura S, Murata K, Asao H, et al. Loss of neurons in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of AMSH-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:8626-37 pubmed..Taken together, these observations indicate that AMSH is an essential molecule for the survival of neuronal cells in early postnatal mice. ..
- Dai H, Okuda T, Sakurai E, Kuramasu A, Kato M, Jia F, et al. Blockage of histamine H1 receptor attenuates social isolation-induced disruption of prepulse inhibition: a study in H1 receptor gene knockout mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;183:285-93 pubmed
- Sharif J, Muto M, Takebayashi S, Suetake I, Iwamatsu A, Endo T, et al. The SRA protein Np95 mediates epigenetic inheritance by recruiting Dnmt1 to methylated DNA. Nature. 2007;450:908-12 pubmed..The link between hemi-methylated DNA, Np95 and Dnmt1 thus establishes key steps of the mechanism for epigenetic inheritance of DNA methylation. ..
- Akanuma S, Ohtsuki S, Doi Y, Tachikawa M, Ito S, Hori S, et al. ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1) deficiency does not attenuate the brain-to-blood efflux transport of human amyloid-beta peptide (1-40) at the blood-brain barrier. Neurochem Int. 2008;52:956-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ABCA1 does not directly transport hA beta(1-40) and a deficiency of ABCA1 does not attenuate the brain-to-blood efflux transport of hA beta(1-40) across the BBB...
- Misu T, Fujihara K, Itoyama Y. [Neuromyelitis optica and anti-aquaporin 4 antibody--an overview]. Brain Nerve. 2008;60:527-37 pubmed..In this review, we focus on the historical changes of the disease concept and new knowledge gained from the clinical or immunological analyses of NMO. ..
- Kobayashi K, Ihara S, Kobata A, Itoh K, Kusunoki N, Yoshizaki F. Inhibitory effect of Myrica bark on lipase activity in mouse plasma and gastrointestinal tract. J Med Food. 2008;11:289-93 pubmed publisher..Consequently, it was proposed that myricitrin may function as a prodrug, which reveals its activity after conversion to myricetin, the active substance, by enterobacilli in the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Hizume M, Kobayashi A, Teruya K, Ohashi H, Ironside J, Mohri S, et al. Human prion protein (PrP) 219K is converted to PrPSc but shows heterozygous inhibition in variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease infection. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3603-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the protective effect of PRNP E219K against sporadic CJD might be due to heterozygous inhibition. ..
- Takada S, Inoue E, Tano K, Yoshii H, Abe T, Yoshimura A, et al. Generation and characterization of cells that can be conditionally depleted of mitochondrial SOD2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:233-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast to results obtained with mouse and DrosophilaSod2 mutants, we found no indication of an increase in DNA lesions due to depletion of SOD2. ..
- Matsuda R, Hori T, Kitamura H, Takeuchi K, Fukagawa T, Harata M. Identification and characterization of the two isoforms of the vertebrate H2A.Z histone variant. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:4263-73 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the molecular basis of the multiple functions of the H2A.Z gene products. ..
- Shioda N, Beppu H, Fukuda T, Li E, Kitajima I, Fukunaga K. Aberrant calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) activity is associated with abnormal dendritic spine morphology in the ATRX mutant mouse brain. J Neurosci. 2011;31:346-58 pubmed publisher..Such morphological changes plus elevated Rac1-GEF/PAK signaling seen in ATRX(?E2) mice may contribute to mental retardation syndromes seen in human patients. ..
- Sekiguchi A, Kanno H, Ozawa H, Yamaya S, Itoi E. Rapamycin promotes autophagy and reduces neural tissue damage and locomotor impairment after spinal cord injury in mice. J Neurotrauma. 2012;29:946-56 pubmed publisher..The administration of rapamycin produced a neuroprotective function at the lesion site following SCI. Rapamycin treatment may represent a novel therapeutic strategy after SCI. ..
- Fujino N, Kubo H, Suzuki T, He M, Suzuki T, Yamada M, et al. Administration of a specific inhibitor of neutrophil elastase attenuates pulmonary fibrosis after acute lung injury in mice. Exp Lung Res. 2012;38:28-36 pubmed publisher..In addition, these data suggest that this neutrophil elastase inhibitor has therapeutic potential for the fibroproliferative phase of ALI/ARDS. ..
- Konno M, Hasegawa T, Baba T, Miura E, Sugeno N, Kikuchi A, et al. Suppression of dynamin GTPase decreases ?-synuclein uptake by neuronal and oligodendroglial cells: a potent therapeutic target for synucleinopathy. Mol Neurodegener. 2012;7:38 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the mode of ?SYN uptake by neuronal and oligodendroglial cells and identify therapeutic strategies aimed at reducing the propagation of protein misfolding. ..
- Okamura D, Maeda I, Taniguchi H, Tokitake Y, Ikeda M, Ozato K, et al. Cell cycle gene-specific control of transcription has a critical role in proliferation of primordial germ cells. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2477-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CDKI gene-specific control of transcription by 7SK snRNP plays a pivotal role in the maintenance of PGC proliferation. ..
- Kaneko M, Morita S, Tsujimoto Y, Yanagiya R, Nasu K, Sasaki H, et al. Establishment of novel monoclonal antibodies KMab-1 and MMab-1 specific for IDH2 mutations. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;432:40-5 pubmed publisher..In immunohistochemical analysis, MMab-1 specifically stained IDH2-R172M-expressing glioma. This is the first report to establish anti-IDH2-mutation-specific mAbs, which could be useful in diagnosis of mutation-bearing tumors. ..
- Kato Y, Kaneko M. Generation of a novel monoclonal antibody WMab-1 specific for IDH2-R172W mutation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:374-8 pubmed publisher..WMab-1 also specifically stained the IDH2-R172W-expressing glioma cells in immunohistochemistry. This is the first report to establish an anti-IDH2-R172W-specific mAb, which could be useful in the diagnosis of IDH2-R172W-bearing tumors. ..
- Kudo D, Toyama M, Aoyagi T, Akahori Y, Yamamoto H, Ishii K, et al. Involvement of high mobility group box 1 and the therapeutic effect of recombinant thrombomodulin in a mouse model of severe acute respiratory distress syndrome. Clin Exp Immunol. 2013;173:276-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HMGB1 is involved in the development of severe ARDS and rTM shows therapeutic effects through promoting the accumulation of T(reg) cells at the inflammatory sites. ..
- Itoh J, Takahashi S, Ono M, Yamamoto T, Nose M, Kyogoku M. Nephritogenic antibodies in MRL/lpr lupus mice: molecular characteristics in pathological and genetic aspects. Tohoku J Exp Med. 1994;173:65-74 pubmed..In conclusion, GN in MRL/lpr lupus mice is thought to be generated by the expansion of clonally different B cells producing nephritogenic antibodies with a different pathogenic potency. ..
- Fuse N, Yasumoto K, Suzuki H, Takahashi K, Shibahara S. Identification of a melanocyte-type promoter of the microphthalmia-associated transcription factor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;219:702-7 pubmed..Transient expression assays show that the 5'-flanking region of 2.3 kb is able to confer preferential expression of a luciferase gene in pigment cells. These results establish that the MITF gene contains a melanocyte-specific promoter. ..
- Hori Y, Nihei Y, Kurokawa Y, Kuramasu A, Makabe Kobayashi Y, Terui T, et al. Accelerated clearance of Escherichia coli in experimental peritonitis of histamine-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2002;169:1978-83 pubmed..coli infectious peritonitis model, causing a delay in the elimination of bacteria. This also raised the possibility of the use of antihistamine drugs for bacterial infection. ..
- Murata K, Nose M, Ndhlovu L, Sato T, Sugamura K, Ishii N. Constitutive OX40/OX40 ligand interaction induces autoimmune-like diseases. J Immunol. 2002;169:4628-36 pubmed..The present results orchestrated in this study indicate that OX40/OX40L interaction may be a vital link in our understanding of T cell-mediated organ-specific autoimmunity. ..
- Ishii N, Ndhlovu L, Murata K, Sato T, Kamanaka M, Sugamura K. OX40 (CD134) and OX40 ligand interaction plays an adjuvant role during in vivo Th2 responses. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:2372-81 pubmed..major infection due to an extraordinary elevated Th2 response. These results provide convincing evidence demonstrating that the OX40-OX40L interaction is paramount in the development of Th2 responses in vivo. ..
- Nakamura A, Kobayashi E, Takai T. Exacerbated graft-versus-host disease in Pirb-/- mice. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:623-9 pubmed..Thus, PIR-A and PIR-B are counteracting receptors that are essential for successful tissue transplantation and may regulate irrelevant reaction to autologous tissues in a constitutive way in physiological conditions. ..
- Takahashi S. Identification of Flt3 internal tandem duplications downstream targets by high-throughput immunoblotting protein array system. Am J Hematol. 2006;81:717-9 pubmed..As a result, c-Jun and c-Raf were markedly induced, suggesting that these factors are functional downstream targets of Flt3-ITD. ..
- Miyata M, Matsuda Y, Tsuchiya H, Kitada H, Akase T, Shimada M, et al. Chenodeoxycholic acid-mediated activation of the farnesoid X receptor negatively regulates hydroxysteroid sulfotransferase. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2006;21:315-23 pubmed..These results suggest that SULT2A is negatively regulated through CDCA-mediated FXR activation in mice and humans. ..
- Ogawa E, Okuyama R, Egawa T, Nagoshi H, Obinata M, Tagami H, et al. p63/p51-induced onset of keratinocyte differentiation via the c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway is counteracted by keratinocyte growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34241-9 pubmed publisher..These data may provide mechanistic explanations for the pathological features of skin diseases, including psoriasis. ..
- Miyake M, Hayashi S, Iwasaki S, Chao G, Takahashi H, Watanabe K, et al. Possible role of TIEG1 as a feedback regulator of myostatin and TGF-beta in myoblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:762-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that TIEG1 is one possible feedback regulator of myostatin and TGF-beta that prevents excess action in myoblasts. ..
- Yamada K, Murata T, Kobayashi K, Miyase T, Yoshizaki F. A lipase inhibitor monoterpene and monoterpene glycosides from Monarda punctata. Phytochemistry. 2010;71:1884-91 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, from the whole plant, 22 compounds were isolated. Six monoterpene glycosides, a flavone glucuronide, and other known compounds were identified based on the results of spectroscopic analyses...
- Takasaki M, Honma T, Yanaka M, Sato K, Shinohara N, Ito J, et al. Continuous intake of a high-fat diet beyond one generation promotes lipid accumulation in liver and white adipose tissue of female mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:640-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, intake of a high-energy diet beyond one generation led to offspring with obesity, fatty liver and hyperinsulinemia. ..
- Arakaki M, Ishikawa M, Nakamura T, Iwamoto T, Yamada A, Fukumoto E, et al. Role of epithelial-stem cell interactions during dental cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10590-601 pubmed publisher..Co-culturing with dental epithelial cells appears to induce stem cell differentiation that favors an odontogenic cell fate, which may be a useful approach for tooth bioengineering strategies. ..
- Mochizuki K, Tachibana M, Saitou M, Tokitake Y, Matsui Y. Implication of DNA demethylation and bivalent histone modification for selective gene regulation in mouse primordial germ cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46036 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that epigenetic status of PGC genes and of somatic genes in PGCs were distinct, and suggested contribution of epigenetic mechanisms in regulation of the expression of a specific gene set in PGCs. ..
- Tomosada Y, Chiba E, Zelaya H, Takahashi T, Tsukida K, Kitazawa H, et al. Nasally administered Lactobacillus rhamnosus strains differentially modulate respiratory antiviral immune responses and induce protection against respiratory syncytial virus infection. BMC Immunol. 2013;14:40 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrated in this work that it is possible to beneficially modulate the respiratory defenses against RSV by using heat-killed immunobiotics. ..
- Ito S, Miyashita H, Suzuki Y, Kobayashi M, Satomi S, Sato Y. Enhanced cancer metastasis in mice deficient in vasohibin-1 gene. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73931 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that endogenous VASH1 tightens the endothelial barrier and makes tumor vessels resistant to cancer metastasis. ..
- Kotoshiba S, Gopinathan L, Pfeiffenberger E, Rahim A, Vardy L, Nakayama K, et al. p27 is regulated independently of Skp2 in the absence of Cdk2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:436-45 pubmed publisher..Ablation of other ubiquitin ligases for p27 such as KPC1, DDB1, and Pirh2 did not restore stability of p27 in Cdk2(-/-)Skp2(-/-) MEFs. Our findings point towards novel and alternate pathways for p27 regulation. ..
- Ahadian S, Yamada S, RamÃ³n AzcÃ³n J, Estili M, Liang X, Nakajima K, et al. Hybrid hydrogel-aligned carbon nanotube scaffolds to enhance cardiac differentiation of embryoid bodies. Acta Biomater. 2016;31:134-143 pubmed publisher..Due to broad use of electrical stimulation in tissue engineering and stem cell differentiation, it is envisioned that the GelMA-aligned CNT hydrogels would find wide applications in tissue regeneration and stem cell therapy. ..
- Fujino N, Kubo H, Maciewicz R. Phenotypic screening identifies Axl kinase as a negative regulator of an alveolar epithelial cell phenotype. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1047-1062 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Axl kinase signaling pathway is associated with the loss integrity of alveolar epithelium in pathological remodeling of human lung diseases. ..
- Yanai K, Son L, Endou M, Sakurai E, Watanabe T. Targeting disruption of histamine H1 receptors in mice: behavioral and neurochemical characterization. Life Sci. 1998;62:1607-10 pubmed..In correlation to the behavioral changes in the mutant mice, 5-hydroxytryptamine release was significantly increased in the brains of mutant mice. ..
- Katagiri H, Asano T, Yamada T, Aoyama T, Fukushima Y, Kikuchi M, et al. Acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenases are localized on GLUT4-containing vesicles via association with insulin-regulated aminopeptidase in a manner dependent on its dileucine motif. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:1049-59 pubmed
- Sueta T, Miyoshi I, Okamura T, Kasai N. Experimental eradication of pinworms (Syphacia obvelata and Aspiculuris tetraptera) from mice colonies using ivermectin. Exp Anim. 2002;51:367-73 pubmed..Treating mouse colonies with spray ivermectin is inexpensive, safe, requires very little labor and is very effective at eradicating pinworms from mice...
- Hagiwara K, Kikuchi T, Endo Y, Huqun -, Usui K, Takahashi M, et al. Mouse SWAM1 and SWAM2 are antibacterial proteins composed of a single whey acidic protein motif. J Immunol. 2003;170:1973-9 pubmed..Our results underscore the role of the WAP motif as a skeletal motif to form antibacterial proteins, and warrant the study of antibacterial activity in other WAP motif proteins. ..
- Sasaki T, Katayose Y, Yamamoto K, Mizuma M, Shiraso S, Yabuuchi S, et al. Adenovirus expressing mutant p27kip1 enhanced apoptosis and inhibited the growth of xenografted human breast cancer. Surg Today. 2007;37:1073-82 pubmed..Thus, the recombinant adenovirus expressing mutant p27(kip1) could be useful in gene therapy against breast cancer. ..
- Oishi H, Sunamura M, Egawa S, Motoi F, Unno M, Furukawa T, et al. Blockade of delta-like ligand 4 signaling inhibits both growth and angiogenesis of pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2010;39:897-903 pubmed publisher..These results suggests that cell-to-cell interaction via DLL4-Notch signaling pathway has been implicated in tumor angiogenesis, and control of this pathway can be a new therapeutic approach to solid tumor. ..
- Okuma A, Hoshino K, Ohba T, Fukushi S, Aiba S, Akira S, et al. Enhanced apoptosis by disruption of the STAT3-I?B-? signaling pathway in epithelial cells induces Sjögren's syndrome-like autoimmune disease. Immunity. 2013;38:450-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study reveals a pathogenic mechanism of SS in which dysfunction of epithelial cells caused by disruption of STAT3-mediated I?B-? induction elicits the activation of self-reactive lymphocytes. ..
- Yotsu Yamashita M, Abe Y, Kudo Y, Ritson Williams R, Paul V, Konoki K, et al. First identification of 5,11-dideoxytetrodotoxin in marine animals, and characterization of major fragment ions of tetrodotoxin and its analogs by high resolution ESI-MS/MS. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:2799-813 pubmed publisher..0660 and 162.1020, respectively, they are distinguishable and predicted to be different molecular formulas. These data will be useful for identification of TTXs using high resolution LC-MS/MS. ..
- Takeshita T, Arita T, Higuchi M, Asao H, Endo K, Kuroda H, et al. STAM, signal transducing adaptor molecule, is associated with Janus kinases and involved in signaling for cell growth and c-myc induction. Immunity. 1997;6:449-57 pubmed..These results strongly implicate STAM in the signaling pathways for cell growth and c-myc induction immediately downstream of the Jaks associated with the cytokine receptors. ..
- Fujino T, Takei Y, Sone H, Ioka R, Kamataki A, Magoori K, et al. Molecular identification and characterization of two medium-chain acyl-CoA synthetases, MACS1 and the Sa gene product. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35961-6 pubmed..14)C-Fatty acid incorporation studies indicated that acyl-CoAs produced by MACS1 and Sa protein are utilized mainly for oxidation. ..
- Saito H, Yasumoto K, Takeda K, Takahashi K, Yamamoto H, Shibahara S. Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor in the Wnt signaling pathway. Pigment Cell Res. 2003;16:261-5 pubmed..MITF-M therefore plays dual roles in the Wnt signaling pathway; MITF-M represents a downstream target and a nuclear mediator of Wnt signals in melanocytes. ..
- Yamashita M, Fukushima S, Shen H, Hall F, Uhl G, Numachi Y, et al. Norepinephrine transporter blockade can normalize the prepulse inhibition deficits found in dopamine transporter knockout mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31:2132-9 pubmed