Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Publications895 found, 100 shown here
- Abiko Y, Sato T, Mayanagi G, Takahashi N. Profiling of subgingival plaque biofilm microflora from periodontally healthy subjects and from subjects with periodontitis using quantitative real-time PCR. J Periodontal Res. 2010;45:389-95 pubmed publisher..The aims of the present study were to quantify the proportions of nine periodontitis-associated bacterial species and four Streptococcus species in subgingival plaque, and to evaluate their relationship with periodontitis quantitatively...
- Kanaya S, Nemoto E, Ebe Y, Somerman M, Shimauchi H. Elevated extracellular calcium increases fibroblast growth factor-2 gene and protein expression levels via a cAMP/PKA dependent pathway in cementoblasts. Bone. 2010;47:564-72 pubmed publisher..Understanding the pathway regulating key genes involved in modulating the regeneration of oral tissues will assist in designing regenerative therapies based on reliable biological principles. ..
- Wang H, Cai Z, Yang F, Luo J, Satoh M, Arai Y, et al. Enhanced antitumor efficacy of integrin-targeted oncolytic adenovirus AxdAdB3-F/RGD on bladder cancer. Urology. 2014;83:508.e13-9 pubmed publisher..E1A and E1B double-restricted oncolytic adenovirus with RGD fiber modification has enhanced infectivity and oncolytic effects to CAR-deficient bladder cancers, suggesting the therapeutic potential of AxdAdB3-F/RGD for bladder cancers. ..
- Katagiri H, Kushida Y, Nojima M, Kuroda Y, Wakao S, Ishida K, et al. A Distinct Subpopulation of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Muse Cells, Directly Commit to the Replacement of Liver Components. Am J Transplant. 2016;16:468-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Muse cells are the predominant population of BM-MSCs that are capable of replacing major liver components during liver regeneration. ..
- Hishinuma E, Akai F, Narita Y, Maekawa M, Yamaguchi H, Mano N, et al. Functional characterization of 21 allelic variants of dihydropyrimidinase. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;143:118-128 pubmed publisher..Thus, detection of DPYS genetic polymorphisms might facilitate the prediction severe adverse effects of fluoropyrimidine-based treatments. ..
- Kawagishi J, Kumabe T, Yoshimoto T, Yamamoto T. Structure, organization, and transcription units of the human alpha-platelet-derived growth factor receptor gene, PDGFRA. Genomics. 1995;30:224-32 pubmed..This region also contains potential sites for AP-1, AP-2, Oct-1, Oct-2, and Sp1. The 5'-flanking region of the gene was fused to the luciferase reporter gene, and transcription units of the gene were determined. ..
- Kumamoto H, Kawamura H, Ooya K. Clear cell odontogenic tumor in the mandible: report of a case with an immunohistochemical study of epithelial cell markers. Pathol Int. 1998;48:618-22 pubmed..They showed immunoreactivities for cytokeratin 8, 13 and 19, filaggrin and anti-ameloblastoma antibodies, suggesting an odontogenic epithelial origin. ..
- Shibata T, Hatori M, Satoh T, Ehara S, Kokubun S. Magnetic resonance imaging features of epidermoid cyst in the extremities. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2003;123:239-41 pubmed
- Shoji N, Sasano T, Inukai K, Satoh Kuriwada S, Iikubo M, Furuuchi T, et al. A simple, yet accurate method for detecting and quantifying secretions from human minor salivary glands using the iodine-starch reaction. Arch Oral Biol. 2003;48:761-5 pubmed
- Sugawara A, Takeuchi K, Suzuki T, Itoi K, Sasano H, Ito S. A case of aldosterone-producing adrenocortical adenoma associated with a probable post-operative adrenal crisis: histopathological analyses of the adrenal gland. Hypertens Res. 2003;26:663-8 pubmed..Post-operative adrenocortical insufficiency should be considered in clinical management of patients with relatively large APA, even when physical signs of autonomous cortisol overproduction are not apparent...
- Yoshida A, Itoh Y, Nagaya K, Takino K, Sugawara J, Murakami T, et al. Prolonged relaxant effects of vecuronium in patients with deliberate hypermagnesemia: time for caution in cesarean section. J Anesth. 2006;20:33-5 pubmed..Our cases underscore the need for anesthesiologists as well as obstetricians to be aware of the prolongation of the action of nondepolarizing muscle relaxants as a result of magnesium treatment. ..
- Yamamoto M, Nagata Ohashi K, Ohta Y, Ohashi K, Mizuno K. Identification of multiple actin-binding sites in cofilin-phosphatase Slingshot-1L. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1789-94 pubmed..These sites play unique roles in the control of subcellular localization and F-actin-mediated activation of SSH1L. ..
- Kato S, Fujimura S, Kimura K, Nishio T, Hamada S, Minoura T, et al. Non-Helicobacter bacterial flora rarely develops in the gastric mucosal layer of children. Dig Dis Sci. 2006;51:641-6 pubmed..pylori infection enables non-Helicobacter bacteria to colonize in the human stomach. Such microorganisms rarely colonize in the gastric mucosa in children regardless of H. pylori status. ..
- Shiina M, Kobayashi K, Kobayashi T, Kondo Y, Ueno Y, Shimosegawa T. Dynamics of immature subsets of dendritic cells during antiviral therapy in HLA-A24-positive chronic hepatitis C patients. J Gastroenterol. 2006;41:758-64 pubmed..There is an apparent effect of antiviral therapy or a subsequent reduction of HCV on host immunity, but the effect may not include the induction of CTLs in CHC. ..
- Murayama K, Shirouzu M, Kawasaki Y, Kato Murayama M, Hanawa Suetsugu K, Sakamoto A, et al. Crystal structure of the rac activator, Asef, reveals its autoinhibitory mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:4238-42 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the blocking of the Rac-binding site by the SH3 domain is essential for Asef autoinhibition. This may be a common mechanism in other proteins that possess an SH3 domain adjacent to a DH-PH module. ..
- Kumamoto H, Ohki K. Detection of Notch signaling molecules in ameloblastomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 2008;37:228-34 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the roles of Notch signaling in the oncogenesis and cytodifferentiation of odontogenic tumors, expression of Notch receptors and ligands was analyzed in ameloblastomas as well as in tooth germs...
- Hayasaka S, Terada Y, Suzuki K, Murakawa H, Tachibana I, Sankai T, et al. Intramanchette transport during primate spermiogenesis: expression of dynein, myosin Va, motor recruiter myosin Va, VIIa-Rab27a/b interacting protein, and Rab27b in the manchette during human and monkey spermiogenesis. Asian J Androl. 2008;10:561-8 pubmed publisher..We speculate that during primate spermiogenesis, those proteins that compose microtubule-based and actin-based vesicle transport systems are actually present in the manchette and might possibly be involved in intramanchette transport. ..
- Tanaka N, Yamaguchi S, Ishikawa H, Ishii H, Meguro K. Prevalence of possible idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalus in Japan: the Osaki-Tajiri project. Neuroepidemiology. 2009;32:171-5 pubmed publisher..No full clinical triad was present in the patients and only 3 participants had 2 of the triad. We considered the prevalence of possible iNPH in elderly adults to be 1.4% (95% confidence interval = 0.6-2.9%). ..
- Ohbayashi N, Mamishi S, Ishibashi K, Maruta Y, Pourakbari B, Tamizifar B, et al. Functional characterization of two RAB27A missense mutations found in Griscelli syndrome type 2. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2010;23:365-74 pubmed publisher..The Rab27A(K22R) mutant normally binds Munc13-4, but not Slp2-a or Slp4-a, whereas the Rab27A(I44T) mutant shows reduced binding activity to Slp2-a and Munc13-4 but normally binds Slp4-a. ..
- Kawakami H, Ohtsuki S, Kamiie J, Suzuki T, Abe T, Terasaki T. Simultaneous absolute quantification of 11 cytochrome P450 isoforms in human liver microsomes by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry with in silico target peptide selection. J Pharm Sci. 2011;100:341-52 pubmed publisher..This highly sensitive and selective quantification method is a useful tool for the analysis of highly homologous CYP isoforms and the contribution made by each CYP isoform to drug metabolism. ..
- Tomizawa A, Kanno S, Osanai Y, Goto A, Sato C, Yomogida S, et al. Induction of apoptosis by a potent caffeic acid derivative, caffeic acid undecyl ester, is mediated by mitochondrial damage in NALM-6 human B cell leukemia cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:425-9 pubmed publisher..These data also suggest that CAUE is a powerful anti-leukemic agent that acts via induction of apoptosis by mitochondrial damage and selective action in leukemia cells. ..
- Mugikura S, Abe N, Ito A, Kawasaki I, Ueno A, Takahashi S, et al. Medial temporal lobe activity associated with the successful retrieval of destination memory. Exp Brain Res. 2016;234:95-104 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that the successful retrieval of destination information depends highly on MTL-mediated recollection processes. ..
- Sato M, Ohta K, Kaise A, Aoto S, Endo Y. Symmetric 4,4'-(piperidin-4-ylidenemethylene)bisphenol derivatives as novel tunable estrogen receptor (ER) modulators. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1089-94 pubmed publisher..N-Acetyl-2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidine derivative 3b showed high ERÎ± binding affinity, high MCF-7 cell proliferation inducing activity, and high metabolic stability in rat liver S9 fractions. ..
- Seino M, Abe K, Imai Y, Murakami O, Kasai Y, Sasaki S, et al. Failure to visualize bilateral adrenal glands in a patient with primary aldosteronism. Clin Exp Hypertens A. 1990;12:37-46 pubmed
- Oikawa S, Matsunaga A, Saito T, Sato H, Seki T, Hoshi K, et al. Apolipoprotein E Sendai (arginine 145-->proline): a new variant associated with lipoprotein glomerulopathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1997;8:820-3 pubmed..This variant (apo E Sendai) may cause a marked molecular conformational change of the apo E. These findings suggest that a novel variant is etiologically related to LPG. ..
- Toshima J, Toshima J, Amano T, Yang N, Narumiya S, Mizuno K. Cofilin phosphorylation by protein kinase testicular protein kinase 1 and its role in integrin-mediated actin reorganization and focal adhesion formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:1131-45 pubmed..We propose that TESK1 and LIM-kinases commonly phosphorylate cofilin but are regulated in different ways and play distinct roles in actin reorganization in living cells. ..
- Fujino T, Takei Y, Sone H, Ioka R, Kamataki A, Magoori K, et al. Molecular identification and characterization of two medium-chain acyl-CoA synthetases, MACS1 and the Sa gene product. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35961-6 pubmed..14)C-Fatty acid incorporation studies indicated that acyl-CoAs produced by MACS1 and Sa protein are utilized mainly for oxidation. ..
- Kumamoto H, Yoshida M, Ooya K. Immunohistochemical detection of amelogenin and cytokeratin 19 in epithelial odontogenic tumors. Oral Dis. 2001;7:171-6 pubmed..Diverse types of epithelial odontogenic tumors express amelogenin and CK19, suggesting that these tumors have ameloblastic differentiation or odontogenic epithelial properties. ..
- Takahashi T, Tominaga T, Ezura M, Sato K, Yoshimoto T. Intraoperative angiography to prevent vertebral artery injury during reduction of a dislocated hangman fracture. Case report. J Neurosurg. 2002;97:355-8 pubmed..In this case, intraoperative angiography was particularly useful for preventing brain-related ischemic complications during reduction. ..
- Sasaki O, Meguro K, Tohmiya Y, Funato T, Shibahara S, Sasaki T. Altered expression of retinoblastoma protein-interacting zinc finger gene, RIZ, in human leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2002;119:940-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that suppression of RIZ1 expression or enhancement of RIZ2 expression may have an important role in leukaemogenesis. ..
- Kawamura M, Wada Y, Noda Y, Itabashi T, Ogawa S, Sato H, et al. Novel 2336-2337delCT mutation in RP1 gene in a Japanese family with autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004;137:1137-9 pubmed..The most common Arg677X mutation in the white population was not found in the Japanese population; instead a novel mutation was found. ..
- Karibe H, Shirane R, Yoshimoto T. Preoperative visualization of microvascular compression of cranial nerve IX using constructive interference in steady state magnetic resonance imaging in glossopharyngeal neuralgia. J Clin Neurosci. 2004;11:679-81 pubmed..The patient's neuralgia resolved immediately after surgery. During a period of 2-years follow up, no recurrence of the neuralgia has occurred. The usefulness of CISS-MRI for the diagnosis of glossopharyngeal neuralgia is discussed. ..
- Ohrui T, Tanaka K, Chiba K, Matsui T, Ebihara S, He M, et al. Cognitive decline in patients with long-term domiciliary oxygen therapy. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2005;206:347-52 pubmed..231). These results demonstrate that age-related cognitive decline is more exaggerated in female patients receiving long-term DOT which should be taken into consideration in caring for patients with chronic respiratory failure. ..
- Sanada S, Ookawara S, Karube H, Shindo T, Goto T, Nakamichi T, et al. Marked recovery of severe renal lesions in POEMS syndrome with high-dose melphalan therapy supported by autologous blood stem cell transplantation. Am J Kidney Dis. 2006;47:672-9 pubmed
- Tateyama M, Fujihara K, Misu T, Feng J, Onodera Y, Itoyama Y. Expression of CCR7 and its ligands CCL19/CCL21 in muscles of polymyositis. J Neurol Sci. 2006;249:158-65 pubmed..The CCL19,CCL21/CCR7 chemokine system is expressed in inflamed muscles of polymyositis and may be involved in the pathomechanism of polymyositis. ..
- Kanno T, Carlsson G. A review of the shortened dental arch concept focusing on the work by the Käyser/Nijmegen group. J Oral Rehabil. 2006;33:850-62 pubmed..Patients' needs and demands vary much and should be individually assessed but the shortened dental arch concept deserves to be included in all treatment planning for partially edentulous patients...
- Fujimura T, Okuyama R, Ohtani T, Ito Y, Haga T, Hashimoto A, et al. Perilesional treatment of metastatic melanoma with interferon-beta. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2009;34:793-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the peritumoral administration of IFN-beta enhanced the antitumour immune response against the MM, suggesting that it is a promising supportive treatment for skin metastasis of MM. ..
- Oshima T, Kikuchi T, Kawase T, Kobayashi T. Nasal instillation of physiological saline for patulous eustachian tube. Acta Otolaryngol. 2010;130:550-3 pubmed publisher..5%) of 52 patients with patulous ET. In particular, 20 (80%) of the 25 patients with short duration of disease obtained some improvement from the treatment. More effectiveness was observed in males (81.8%) than in females (50.0%). ..
- Arai T, Kakuta Y, Kinouchi Y, Kimura T, Negoro K, Aihara H, et al. Increased expression of NKX2.3 mRNA transcribed from the risk haplotype for ulcerative colitis in the involved colonic mucosa. Hum Immunol. 2011;72:587-91 pubmed publisher..The demonstrated allelic expression imbalance supports the idea that the risk haplotype of NKX2.3 confers susceptibility to UC through increasing expression of NKX2.3 mRNA in the colonic mucosa. ..
- Takeuchi N, Izumi S. Maladaptive plasticity for motor recovery after stroke: mechanisms and approaches. Neural Plast. 2012;2012:359728 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the underlying mechanisms of maladaptive plasticity after stroke and propose rehabilitation approaches for appropriate cortical reorganization. ..
- Shimoda Y, Ogawa Y, Endo H, Watanabe M, Tominaga T. Coexistence of sporadic cerebellar hemangioblastoma and pituitary null cell adenoma: simultaneous expression of von Hippel-Lindau gene product. Case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2012;52:591-4 pubmed..Further analysis is required to confirm the true implication of the VHL gene mutation, and the possible involvement of VHL gene-related protein in the pathogenesis of these coexisting tumors. ..
- Tago T, Furumoto S, Okamura N, Harada R, Adachi H, Ishikawa Y, et al. Preclinical Evaluation of [(18)F]THK-5105 Enantiomers: Effects of Chirality on Its Effectiveness as a Tau Imaging Radiotracer. Mol Imaging Biol. 2016;18:258-66 pubmed publisher..Biodistribution assays indicated that (S)-[(18)F]THK-5105 eliminated faster from the mouse brains and blood compared with (R)-[(18)F]THK-5105. (S)-[(18)F]THK-5105 could be more suitable than (R)-enantiomer for a tau imaging agent. ..
- Ikeda Y, Furusawa A, Kitagawa R, Tokinaga A, Ito F, Ukita M, et al. Practice patterns of adjuvant therapy for intermediate/high recurrence risk cervical cancer patients in Japan. J Gynecol Oncol. 2016;27:e29 pubmed publisher..This survey revealed a variety of policies regarding adjuvant therapy among institutions. A clinical study to assess the efficacy or non-inferiority of adjuvant CT is warranted. ..
- Furuse Y, Oshitani H. Global Transmission Dynamics of Measles in the Measles Elimination Era. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..It is therefore crucial to maintain vigilance in efforts to monitor and eradicate measles globally. ..
- Inoue T, Suzuki S, Endo T, Uenohara H, Tominaga T. Efficacy of Early Surgery for Neurological Improvement in Spinal Cord Injury without Radiographic Evidence of Trauma in the Elderly. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:790-795 pubmed publisher..We believe that chronological age alone should not be considered sufficient justification to deny patients early surgical decompression for SCIWORET. ..
- Kazama I, Nakajima T. Postrenal acute kidney injury in a patient with unilateral ureteral obstruction caused by urolithiasis: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8381 pubmed publisher..Unilateral ureteral obstruction by the calculus, which caused reflex vascular constriction and ureteral spasm in the contralateral kidney, was thought to be responsible for the deteriorating renal function. ..
- Yamaki S, Ogata H, Haneda K, Mohri H. Indications for open lung biopsy in patients with ventricular septal defect and/or patent ductus arteriosus with pulmonary hypertension. Heart Vessels. 1990;5:166-71 pubmed..m2, and if the PVR is greater than 4 units.m2 with the oxygen inhalation test or 7 units.m2 with the Tolazoline test. ..
- Kure S, Shinka T, Sakata Y, Osamu N, Takayanagi M, Tada K, et al. A one-base deletion (183delC) and a missense mutation (D276H) in the T-protein gene from a Japanese family with nonketotic hyperglycinemia. J Hum Genet. 1998;43:135-7 pubmed..Familial analysis revealed that the 183delC and the D276H mutations were inherited from the father and the mother, respectively. This is the first report of T-protein gene mutation in Oriental patients with nonketotic hyperglycinemia. ..
- Harata M, Mochizuki R, Mizuno S. Two isoforms of a human actin-related protein show nuclear localization and mutually selective expression between brain and other tissues. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1999;63:917-23 pubmed..These findings suggest that, in vertebrates, members of distantly related Arps might have tissue-specific functions in the nucleus, possibly through structural modulation of chromatin. ..
- Takao M, Kanno S, Kobayashi K, Zhang Q, Yonei S, van der Horst G, et al. A back-up glycosylase in Nth1 knock-out mice is a functional Nei (endonuclease VIII) homologue. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42205-13 pubmed..These results suggest that NEIL1 is a back-up glycosylase for NTH1 with unique substrate specificity and tissue-specific expression. ..
- Inoue J, Ueno Y, Kanno N, Anzai H, Kondo Y, Moritoki Y, et al. Living related liver transplantation for acute fulminant hepatitis B: experience from two possible hyper-acute cases. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2005;205:197-204 pubmed..Although emergency liver transplantation may be an only option to rescue in such a case, living related liver transplantation has an advantage in view of urgent organ donation over cadeveric transplantation. ..
- Matsui K, Echigo S, Kimizuka S, Takahashi M, Chiba M. Clinical study on eruption of permanent canines after secondary alveolar bone grafting. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2005;42:309-13 pubmed..The present results suggest that nasal-side cleft width is related to the need for surgical exposure of permanent canines in children with cleft lip/palate. ..
- Suzuki T, Miki Y, Moriya T, Akahira J, Ishida T, Hirakawa H, et al. 5Alpha-reductase type 1 and aromatase in breast carcinoma as regulators of in situ androgen production. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:285-91 pubmed..Aromatase inhibitors may be more effective in these patients, possibly due to increasing local DHT concentration with estrogen deprivation. ..
- Ikeda I. Multifunctional effects of green tea catechins on prevention of the metabolic syndrome. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:273-4 pubmed
- Kakuta Y, Ueki N, Kinouchi Y, Negoro K, Endo K, Nomura E, et al. TNFSF15 transcripts from risk haplotype for Crohn's disease are overexpressed in stimulated T cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:1089-98 pubmed publisher..The promoter activity of -358C (risk allele) was higher than that of -358T (non-risk allele) in stimulated T cells. This effect of -358T/C on the transcriptional activity in stimulated T cells may confer susceptibility to CD. ..
- Nakayama M, Kabayama S, Nakano H, Zhu W, Terawaki H, Nakayama K, et al. Biological effects of electrolyzed water in hemodialysis. Nephron Clin Pract. 2009;112:c9-15 pubmed publisher..The clinical application of this technology may improve the bio-compatibility of HD treatment. ..
- Irie E, Shirota Y, Suzuki C, Tajima Y, Ishizawa K, Kameoka J, et al. Severe hypogammaglobulinemia persisting for 6 years after treatment with rituximab combined chemotherapy due to arrest of B lymphocyte differentiation together with alteration of T lymphocyte homeostasis. Int J Hematol. 2010;91:501-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that rituximab combined chemotherapy may induce persistent differentiation arrest and apoptosis of B cell lineage with alteration of T lymphocyte homeostasis resulting in pan-hypogammaglobulinemia. ..
- Hirose M, Haginoya K, Yokoyama H, Kikuchi A, Hino Fukuyo N, Munakata M, et al. Progressive atrophy of the cerebrum in 2 Japanese sisters with microcephaly with simplified gyri and enlarged extraaxial space. Neuropediatrics. 2011;42:163-6 pubmed publisher..The nature of the progressive degeneration of the hemispheric structures should be clarified...
- Konno M, Hasegawa T, Baba T, Miura E, Sugeno N, Kikuchi A, et al. Suppression of dynamin GTPase decreases ?-synuclein uptake by neuronal and oligodendroglial cells: a potent therapeutic target for synucleinopathy. Mol Neurodegener. 2012;7:38 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the mode of ?SYN uptake by neuronal and oligodendroglial cells and identify therapeutic strategies aimed at reducing the propagation of protein misfolding. ..
- Fukuda M. Rab27 effectors, pleiotropic regulators in secretory pathways. Traffic. 2013;14:949-63 pubmed publisher..g. exosome secretion and mast cell secretion) even within the same cell type. In this review article, I describe the current state of our understanding of the functions of Rab27 effectors in secretory pathways. ..
- Higashi D, Katsuno H, Kimura H, Takahashi K, Ikeuchi H, Kono T, et al. Current State of and Problems Related to Cancer of the Intestinal Tract Associated with Crohn's Disease in Japan. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3761-6 pubmed..A biopsy of the anal canal, a common site of cancer, can readily be performed and constitutes the first step in surveillance. ..
- Ohnuma S, Hirooka K, Ohto C, Nishino T. Conversion from archaeal geranylgeranyl diphosphate synthase to farnesyl diphosphate synthase. Two amino acids before the first aspartate-rich motif solely determine eukaryotic farnesyl diphosphate synthase activity. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:5192-8 pubmed..These data indicate that FPP synthases have evolved from the progenitor corresponding to the archaeal GGPP synthase in two ways. ..
- Mimasaka S, Hashiyada M, Nata M, Funayama M. Correlation between serum IL-6 levels and death: usefulness in diagnosis of "traumatic shock"?. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2001;193:319-24 pubmed..Even though several cases had high levels of IL-6 in spite of instantaneous death, the results showed that IL-6 levels are helpful in the diagnosis of traumatic shock...
- Nakagawa T, Abe M, Yamazaki T, Miyashita H, Niwa H, Kokubun S, et al. HEX acts as a negative regulator of angiogenesis by modulating the expression of angiogenesis-related gene in endothelial cells in vitro. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003;23:231-7 pubmed..Our present results suggest that HEX may not affect the differentiation of ECs but acts as a negative regulator of angiogenesis. ..
- Yamazaki S, Kokubun S, Ishii Y, Tanaka Y. Courses of cervical disc herniation causing myelopathy or radiculopathy: an analysis based on computed tomographic discograms. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003;28:1171-5 pubmed..Preoperative information from the CT discograms on the characteristic courses of the herniation may facilitate the complete removal of herniated mass in anterior decompressive surgery. ..
- Kumagai T, Suzuki H, Sasaki T, Sakaguchi S, Miyairi S, Yamazoe Y, et al. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons activate CYP3A4 gene transcription through human pregnane X receptor. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2012;27:200-6 pubmed..These results suggest that PAHs contained in cigarette smoke induce CYP3A4 in human liver. ..
- Fujimura T, Kambayashi Y, Hidaka T, Hashimoto A, Haga T, Aiba S. Comparison of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells and CD163+ macrophages in invasive and non-invasive extramammary Paget's disease. Acta Derm Venereol. 2012;92:625-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the induction of immunosuppressive cells in extramammary Paget's disease differs according to the tumour stage. ..
- Tomita Y. Tyrosinase gene mutations causing oculocutaneous albinisms. J Invest Dermatol. 1993;100:186S-190S pubmed..Various combinations of these alleles result in tyrosinase-negative (t-/t-), yellow mutant (y/y, y/t-, y/ts), or temperature-sensitive (ts/t-, ts/ts) OCA. ..
- Ohi R. Surgery for biliary atresia. Liver. 2001;21:175-82 pubmed..The pathophysiology of the liver and of the intrahepatic bile ducts in this disease is still controversial. ..
- Yamamoto J, Ikeda Y, Iguchi H, Fujino T, Tanaka T, Asaba H, et al. A Kruppel-like factor KLF15 contributes fasting-induced transcriptional activation of mitochondrial acetyl-CoA synthetase gene AceCS2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16954-62 pubmed..Furthermore, KLF15 overexpression induced the levels of AceCS2 transcripts both in myoblasts and in myotubes, indicating that AceCS2 gene expression in vivo is indeed induced by KLF15. ..
- Kumamoto H. Molecular pathology of odontogenic tumors. J Oral Pathol Med. 2006;35:65-74 pubmed..It is hoped that better understanding of related molecular mechanisms will help to predict the course of odontogenic tumors and lead to the development of new therapeutic concepts for their management. ..
- Shimada S, Nakagawa H, Shintaku I, Saito S, Arai Y. Acute renal failure as a result of bilateral ureteral obstruction by Candida albicans fungus balls. Int J Urol. 2006;13:1121-2 pubmed..Herein, we report a case of acute renal failure as a result of bilateral ureteral obstruction by Candida albicans fungus balls. ..
- Aizawa T, Sato T, Sasaki H, Matsumoto F, Morozumi N, Kusakabe T, et al. Results of surgical treatment for thoracic myelopathy: minimum 2-year follow-up study in 132 patients. J Neurosurg Spine. 2007;7:13-20 pubmed
- Gu Z, Mitsui H, Inomata K, Honda M, Endo C, Sakurada A, et al. The methylation status of FBXW7 beta-form correlates with histological subtype in human thymoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:685-688 pubmed publisher..014). We propose a novel mechanism for the pathogenesis of thymoma by FBXW7 beta-form and hypothesize that expressional suppression plays an important role in the malignant potential of thymoma. ..
- Miyazawa T, Shibata A, Sookwong P, Kawakami Y, Eitsuka T, Asai A, et al. Antiangiogenic and anticancer potential of unsaturated vitamin E (tocotrienol). J Nutr Biochem. 2009;20:79-86 pubmed publisher..In this work, we review the history and biological action (i.e., anticancer) of vitamin E and describe current research on the antiangiogenic effects of T3 and its mechanisms. ..
- Yoshimura A, Seki M, Kanamori M, Tateishi S, Tsurimoto T, Tada S, et al. Physical and functional interaction between WRNIP1 and RAD18. Genes Genet Syst. 2009;84:171-8 pubmed..In contrast, RAD18 enhances the binding of WRNIP1 to these DNAs, suggesting that WRNIP1 targets DNA bound by RAD18. ..
- Takao M, Aburatani H, Kobayashi K, Yasui A. Mitochondrial targeting of human DNA glycosylases for repair of oxidative DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2917-22 pubmed..These results suggest that the previously observed removal of oxidative base lesions in mitochondrial DNA is initiated by the above DNA glycosylases. ..
- Tateyama M, Aoki M, Nishino I, Hayashi Y, Sekiguchi S, Shiga Y, et al. Mutation in the caveolin-3 gene causes a peculiar form of distal myopathy. Neurology. 2002;58:323-5 pubmed..This patient further demonstrated possible clinical heterogeneity of myopathies with mutations in the caveolin-3 gene. ..
- Funato T, Uehara S, Takahashi M, Kozawa K, Satoh J, Sasaki T, et al. Microsatellite instability in gonadal tumors of XY pure gonadal dysgenesis patients. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2002;12:192-7 pubmed..It is suggested therefore that microsatellite instability plays an important role in malignant transformation of gonadal tumors in patients with XY pure gonadal dysgenesis...
- Misu T, Fujihara K, Nakamura M, Murakami K, Endo M, Konno H, et al. Loss of aquaporin-4 in active perivascular lesions in neuromyelitis optica: a case report. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2006;209:269-75 pubmed
- Yonezawa T, Haga S, Kobayashi Y, Takahashi T, Obara Y. Visfatin is present in bovine mammary epithelial cells, lactating mammary gland and milk, and its expression is regulated by cAMP pathway. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6635-43 pubmed..5-250 nM) for 24 h. These results indicate that mammary epithelial cells express the visfatin protein and secrete them into the milk. ..
- Nishio Y, Ishii K, Kazui H, Hosokai Y, Mori E. Frontal-lobe syndrome and psychosis after damage to the brainstem dopaminergic nuclei. J Neurol Sci. 2007;260:271-4 pubmed..We suggest that the patient's cognitive and behavioral disturbances were associated with disruption of ascending dopaminergic projections to the frontal-subcortical circuits. ..
- Morimoto R, Satoh F, Murakami O, Suzuki T, Abe T, Tanemoto M, et al. Immunohistochemistry of a proliferation marker Ki67/MIB1 in adrenocortical carcinomas: Ki67/MIB1 labeling index is a predictor for recurrence of adrenocortical carcinomas. Endocr J. 2008;55:49-55 pubmed..0001) and overall survival (P = 0.0063). The present study has suggested that Ki67/MIB1LI, as well as Weiss score, is a useful predictor for tumor recurrence after resection of the primary tumors in patients with ACC. ..
- Obara Y, Okano Y, Ono S, Yamauchi A, Hoshino T, Kurose H, et al. Betagamma subunits of G(i/o) suppress EGF-induced ERK5 phosphorylation, whereas ERK1/2 phosphorylation is enhanced. Cell Signal. 2008;20:1275-83 pubmed publisher..In response to LPA, Gbetagamma subunits interacted with EGF receptor in a time-dependent manner. These results strongly suggest that LPA negatively regulates the EGF-induced ERK5 phosphorylation through Gbetagamma subunits. ..
- Tashiro M, Duan X, Kato M, Miyake M, Watanuki S, Ishikawa Y, et al. Brain histamine H1 receptor occupancy of orally administered antihistamines, bepotastine and diphenhydramine, measured by PET with 11C-doxepin. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008;65:811-21 pubmed publisher..However, only a few clinical studies regarding its sedative property are available. In addition, histamine H(1) receptor occupancy (H(1)RO) of this new antihistamine has never been measured by positron emission tomography (PET)...