Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Publications776 found, 100 shown here
- Yamaguchi H, Okada M, Akitaya S, Ohara H, Mikkaichi T, Ishikawa H, et al. Transport of fluorescent chenodeoxycholic acid via the human organic anion transporters OATP1B1 and OATP1B3. J Lipid Res. 2006;47:1196-202 pubmed..Our results suggest that OATP1B1 and OATP1B3 play important roles in CDCA uptake into the liver. Fluorescent bile acids are useful tools to characterize the uptake properties of membrane transporters. ..
- Hasegawa J, Kawase T, Yuasa Y, Hori Y, Sato T, Kobayashi T. Effects of hearing level on habitual sniffing in patients with cholesteatoma. Acta Otolaryngol. 2006;126:577-80 pubmed..Quality of hearing is one of the key conditions promoting habitual sniffing associated with closing failure of the Eustachian tube and sniffing may stop with deterioration of hearing due to progression of the disease...
- Mori E. [Gait disturbance in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus]. Brain Nerve. 2008;60:219-24 pubmed..The gait subscale of the idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus grading scale and the timed "Up and Go" test are recommended as useful tools for measuring gait disturbance in iNPH. ..
- Kaneko K, Furuyama K, Aburatani H, Shibahara S. Hypoxia induces erythroid-specific 5-aminolevulinate synthase expression in human erythroid cells through transforming growth factor-beta signaling. FEBS J. 2009;276:1370-82 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta1 subsequently induces ALAS2 expression, which may contribute to terminal differentiation of erythroid cells. ..
- Suzuki K, Nishimaki K, Okuyama K, Katoh T, Yasujima M, Chihara J, et al. Trends in antimicrobial susceptibility of Streptococcus pneumoniae in the Tohoku district of Japan: a longitudinal analysis from 1998 to 2007. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2010;220:47-57 pubmed..Careful monitoring of antimicrobial susceptibility of Streptococcus pneumoniae should be continued. ..
- Kobayashi T, Aoki Y, Niihori T, Cave H, Verloes A, Okamoto N, et al. Molecular and clinical analysis of RAF1 in Noonan syndrome and related disorders: dephosphorylation of serine 259 as the essential mechanism for mutant activation. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:284-94 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the dephosphorylation of S259 is the primary pathogenic mechanism in the activation of RAF1 mutants located in the CR2 domain as well as of downstream ERK. ..
- Fuse N. Genetic bases for glaucoma. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2010;221:1-10 pubmed..Such studies are expected to greatly advance our understanding of the genetic basis of glaucoma, and to provide information on the effectiveness of glaucoma therapy. This review gives an overview on the genetic aspects of glaucoma. ..
- Verma M, Miki Y, Abe K, Niikawa H, Sasano H. Cytoplasmic estrogen receptor ? as a potential marker in human non-small cell lung carcinoma. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2012;16 Suppl 1:S91-102 pubmed publisher..These actions of estrogen in NSCLCs may be abrogated by combination therapy with ICI 182780 and U0126. ..
- Mizuno K. Signaling mechanisms and functional roles of cofilin phosphorylation and dephosphorylation. Cell Signal. 2013;25:457-69 pubmed publisher..Perturbations in the normal control of cofilin/ADF activity underlie many pathological conditions, including cancer metastasis and neurological and cardiovascular disorders. ..
- Ikeuchi T, Nakamura T, Fukumoto S, Takada H. A vitamin D3 analog augmented interleukin-8 production by human monocytic cells in response to various microbe-related synthetic ligands, especially NOD2 agonistic muramyldipeptide. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;15:15-22 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that NOD2, NF-?B and MAPK pathways are involved in the activity of OCT to augment the response of human monocytic cells to MDP. ..
- Tsuduki T, Kikuchi I, Kimura T, Nakagawa K, Miyazawa T. Intake of mulberry 1-deoxynojirimycin prevents diet-induced obesity through increases in adiponectin in mice. Food Chem. 2013;139:16-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it was suggested that DNJ promoted an increase in plasma adiponectin and activated the ?-oxidation system. Overall, it was shown that DNJ prevents diet-induced obesity through an increase in adiponectin. ..
- Ito C, Saito Y, Nozawa T, Fujii S, Sawa T, Inoue H, et al. Endogenous nitrated nucleotide is a key mediator of autophagy and innate defense against bacteria. Mol Cell. 2013;52:794-804 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that 8-nitro-cGMP plays a crucial role in cytoprotection during bacterial infections or inflammations via autophagy upregulation. ..
- Suzuki T, Kawamoto S, Kumagai K, Adachi O, Kanda K, Ishikawa M, et al. Coronary artery bypass grafting in a patient with hemophilia B: continuous recombinant factor IX infusion as per the Japanese guidelines for replacement therapy. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;64:481-3 pubmed publisher..The operative course was uneventful without any considerable bleeding or complications. ..
- Isidor B, KÃ¼ry S, Rosenfeld J, Besnard T, Schmitt S, Joss S, et al. De Novo Truncating Mutations in the Kinetochore-Microtubules Attachment Gene CHAMP1 Cause Syndromic Intellectual Disability. Hum Mutat. 2016;37:354-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a pathogenic mechanism of the CHAMP1-associated intellectual disability syndrome mediated by direct interacting partners of CHAMP1, several of which are involved in chromo/kinetochore-related disorders. ..
- Fujino N, Kubo H, Maciewicz R. Phenotypic screening identifies Axl kinase as a negative regulator of an alveolar epithelial cell phenotype. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1047-1062 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Axl kinase signaling pathway is associated with the loss integrity of alveolar epithelium in pathological remodeling of human lung diseases. ..
- Katsushima F, Oliveriusova J, Sakamoto O, Ohura T, Kondo Y, Iinuma K, et al. Expression study of mutant cystathionine beta-synthase found in Japanese patients with homocystinuria. Mol Genet Metab. 2006;87:323-8 pubmed..Patient-derived lymphocytes, however, showed no detectable CBS subunits. As previously hypothesized, the increased aggregation of mutant CBS subunits might be a common pathogenic mechanism in CBS deficiency...
- Inoue K, Okada K, Harigae H, Taki Y, Goto R, Kinomura S, et al. Diffuse bone marrow uptake on F-18 FDG PET in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Clin Nucl Med. 2006;31:721-3 pubmed..These cases demonstrate that diffuse FDG uptake by bone marrow can suggest neoplastic disease of the hematopoietic tissues...
- Shiga Y, Satoh K, Kitamoto T, Kanno S, Nakashima I, Sato S, et al. Two different clinical phenotypes of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease with a M232R substitution. J Neurol. 2007;254:1509-17 pubmed..More studies are needed to determine whether M232R substitution causes the disease and influences the disease progression. ..
- Furuse Y, Suzuki A, Kamigaki T, Oshitani H. Evolution of the M gene of the influenza A virus in different host species: large-scale sequence analysis. Virol J. 2009;6:67 pubmed publisher..We found potentially important sites that may be related to host tropism and immune responses. These sites may be important for evolutional process in different hosts and host adaptation. ..
- Watanabe I, Kuriyama S, Kakizaki M, Sone T, Ohmori Matsuda K, Nakaya N, et al. Green tea and death from pneumonia in Japan: the Ohsaki cohort study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90:672-9 pubmed publisher..53 (95% CI: 0.33, 0.83) for > or =5 cups/d, respectively (P for trend: 0.008). In men, no significant association was observed. Green tea consumption was associated with a lower risk of death from pneumonia in Japanese women. ..
- Yasumoto K, Yokoyama K, Takahashi K, Tomita Y, Shibahara S. Functional analysis of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor in pigment cell-specific transcription of the human tyrosinase family genes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:503-9 pubmed..These results suggest that MITF is sufficient to direct pigment cell-specific transcription of the tyrosinase and TRP-1 genes but not the TRP-2 gene. ..
- Kumagai K, Ohno I, Okada S, Ohkawara Y, Suzuki K, Shinya T, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases prevents allergen-induced airway inflammation in a murine model of asthma. J Immunol. 1999;162:4212-9 pubmed
- Wada Y, Abe T, Fuse N, Tamai M. A frequent 1085delC/insGAAG mutation in the RDH5 gene in Japanese patients with fundus albipunctatus. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000;41:1894-7 pubmed..A homozygous1085delC/insGAAG mutation in the RDH5 gene produces fundus albipunctatus in Japanese patients. These findings suggest that this mutation was a founder effect in Japanese patients with fundus albipunctatus. ..
- Kimura K, Fujita N, Noda Y, Kobayashi G, Ito K. Differential diagnosis of large-sized pedunculated polypoid lesions of the gallbladder by endoscopic ultrasonography: a prospective study. J Gastroenterol. 2001;36:619-22 pubmed..EUS is useful for determining treatment indications for pedunculated polypoid lesions of the gallbladder, even when the lesions are large, and contributes to avoiding unnecessary surgery. ..
- Sakamoto O, Kitoh T, Ohura T, Ohya N, Iinuma K. Novel missense mutation (R94S) in the TAZ ( G4.5) gene in a Japanese patient with Barth syndrome. J Hum Genet. 2002;47:229-31 pubmed..The analysis revealed a novel missense mutation (R94S) caused by a single nucleotide substitution (C-to-A) in this patient. ..
- Yoshida M, Hosoi Y, Miyachi H, Ishii N, Matsumoto Y, Enomoto A, et al. Roles of DNA-dependent protein kinase and ATM in cell-cycle-dependent radiation sensitivity in human cells. Int J Radiat Biol. 2002;78:503-12 pubmed
- Kumamoto H, Yamauchi K, Yoshida M, Ooya K. Immunohistochemical detection of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) in ameloblastomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 2003;32:114-20 pubmed..To evaluate the roles of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMPs) in tumor progression, expression of MMP-1, -2 and -9 and TIMP-1 and -2 was analyzed in ameloblastomas as well as tooth germs...
- Endo M, Ohashi K, Sasaki Y, Goshima Y, Niwa R, Uemura T, et al. Control of growth cone motility and morphology by LIM kinase and Slingshot via phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of cofilin. J Neurosci. 2003;23:2527-37 pubmed..Using various mutants of cofilin, we also obtained evidence that the actin-filament-severing activity of cofilin is critical for growth cone motility and neurite extension. ..
- Suzuki K, Awata S, Matsuoka H. One-year outcome after response to ECT in middle-aged and elderly patients with intractable catatonic schizophrenia. J ECT. 2004;20:99-106 pubmed..The need for more effective relapse-prevention strategies, such as continuation ECT, is urgent. ..
- Itabashi T, Wada Y, Kawamura M, Sato H, Tamai M. Clinical features of Japanese families with a 402delT or a 555-556delAG mutation in choroideremia gene. Retina. 2004;24:940-5 pubmed..The authors found a 402delT and a 555-556delAG mutation in the CHM gene, one of which (402delT) is a novel mutation. They conclude that these mutations cause choroideremia in Japanese families. ..
- Horaguchi J, Fujita N, Kobayashi G, Noda Y, Ito K, Takasawa O. Clinical study of choledochocele: is it a risk factor for biliary malignancies?. J Gastroenterol. 2005;40:396-401 pubmed..However, there are patients with suspected functional abnormal arrangement of the pancreatobiliary ductal system, who may possibly be a high-risk group for biliary malignancy. ..
- Dong B, Sato M, Sakurada A, Sagawa M, Endo C, Wu S, et al. Computed tomographic images reflect the biologic behavior of small lung adenocarcinoma: they correlate with cell proliferation, microvascularization, cell adhesion, degradation of extracellular matrix, and K-ras mutation. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;130:733-9 pubmed..01, respectively; binary logistic regression analysis). Our results suggest that the computed tomographic image of small lung adenocarcinoma is correlated with biologic activities and thus provides possible prognostic information. ..
- Awano K, Amano K, Nagaura Y, Kanno S, Echigo S, Tamura S, et al. Phosphorylation of protein phosphatase 2Czeta by c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase at Ser92 attenuates its phosphatase activity. Biochemistry. 2008;47:7248-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that specific phosphorylation of PP2Czeta at Ser (92) by stress-activated JNK attenuates its phosphatase activity in cells. ..
- Kurita S, Watanabe Y, Gunji E, Ohashi K, Mizuno K. Molecular dissection of the mechanisms of substrate recognition and F-actin-mediated activation of cofilin-phosphatase Slingshot-1. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32542-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that the conserved SSH-N domain plays critical roles in P-cofilin recognition, F-actin-mediated activation, and subcellular localization of SSH1. ..
- Senggunprai L, Yoshinari K, Yamazoe Y. Selective role of sulfotransferase 2A1 (SULT2A1) in the N-sulfoconjugation of quinolone drugs in humans. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:1711-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present results unequivocally demonstrate that hSULT2A1 is responsible for the N-sulfation of quinolones and possibly other therapeutic drugs in humans. ..
- Shoji N, Nakagawa K, Asai A, Fujita I, Hashiura A, Nakajima Y, et al. LC-MS/MS analysis of carboxymethylated and carboxyethylated phosphatidylethanolamines in human erythrocytes and blood plasma. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:2445-53 pubmed publisher..The presently developed LC-MS/MS method appears to be a powerful tool for understanding in vivo lipid glycation and its pathophysiological consequence. ..
- Hongo M. Epidemiology of FGID symptoms in Japanese general population with reference to life style. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26 Suppl 3:19-22 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that psycho-behavioral conditions may affect the development of functional GI symptoms regardless of the subtypes of GI symptoms, and may explain the high proportion of overlap in the subtypes. ..
- Shibahara Y, Miki Y, Ishida T, Nakamura Y, Suzuki T, Ohuchi N, et al. Immunohistochemical analysis of aromatase in metastatic lymph nodes of breast cancer. Pathol Int. 2013;63:20-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, aromatase status in primary tumors generally represents its status in metastatic lymph nodes. This indicates that the endocrine environment of estrogen receptor positive tumors remain stable during the metastatic process. ..
- Ohno A, Suzuki A, Lupisan S, Galang H, Sombrero L, Aniceto R, et al. Genetic characterization of human respiratory syncytial virus detected in hospitalized children in the Philippines from 2008 to 2012. J Clin Virol. 2013;57:59-65 pubmed publisher..Human respiratory syncytial virus (HRSV) is the leading cause of acute lower respiratory tract infection in infants and young children. However, molecular characteristic of HRSV is still unknown in the Philippines...
- Miyagi S, Fujio A, Tokodai K, Hara Y, Nakanishi C, Goto H, et al. Successful Case of Somatostatin Analog Stopping Gastrointestinal Bleeding, One of the Most Frequent Complications After Simultaneous Pancreas-kidney Transplantation: A Case Report. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:985-7 pubmed publisher..Somatostatin analog is one of the most acceptable treatments for patients who have gastrointestinal bleeding after SPK. ..
- Aoki S, Mizuma M, Hayashi H, Nakagawa K, Morikawa T, Motoi F, et al. Surgical anatomy of the right hepatic artery in Rouviere's sulcus evaluated by preoperative multidetector-row CT images. BMC Surg. 2016;16:40 pubmed publisher..8 % of those atypical forms, posterior SA/SSA from RHA followed a supraportal course. The detailed preoperative knowledge of the anatomy, including SA/SSA, is crucial for left-sided hepatectomy for hilar cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Fujita H, Kondo M, Taketani S, Nomura N, Furuyama K, Akagi R, et al. Characterization and expression of cDNA encoding coproporphyrinogen oxidase from a patient with hereditary coproporphyria. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3:1807-10 pubmed
- Tsutsumi E, Takeuchi K, Abe T, Takahashi N, Kato T, Taniyama Y, et al. Rat kidney thromboxane synthase: cDNA cloning and gene expression regulation in hydronephrotic kidney. Prostaglandins. 1997;53:423-31 pubmed..In conclusion, we have revealed the structure of rat kidney TX synthase. Up-regulation of renal TX synthase, which may cause stimulation of TX synthesis, is possibly implicated in the tissue injury in hydronephrotic kidney. ..
- Watando A, Ebihara S, Ebihara T, Okazaki T, Takahashi H, Asada M, et al. Daily oral care and cough reflex sensitivity in elderly nursing home patients. Chest. 2004;126:1066-70 pubmed..Intensive oral care may reduce the incidence of pneumonia by improving cough reflex sensitivity in elderly nursing home patients. ..
- Shimizu K, Watanabe K, Yamashita H, Abe M, Yoshimatsu H, Ohta H, et al. Gene regulation of a novel angiogenesis inhibitor, vasohibin, in endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:700-6 pubmed..These results indicate that the expression of vasohibin in endothelial cells is regulated either positively or negatively by certain factors at the transcriptional level. ..
- Matsuya S, Sakagami H, Tohgo A, Owada Y, Shin H, Takeshima H, et al. Cellular and subcellular localization of EFA6C, a third member of the EFA6 family, in adult mouse Purkinje cells. J Neurochem. 2005;93:674-85 pubmed..These findings suggest that EFA6C may be involved in the regulation of the membrane dynamics of the somatodendritic compartments of Purkinje cells through the activation of ARF6. ..
- Ieiri N, Hotta O, Taguma Y. Characteristics of acute glomerulonephritis associated with human parvovirus B19 infection. Clin Nephrol. 2005;64:249-57 pubmed
- Yambe T, Inoue A, Sekine K, Shiraishi Y, Watanabe M, Yamaguchi T, et al. Effect of the alternative magnetic stimulation on peripheral circulation for regenerative medicine. Biomed Pharmacother. 2005;59 Suppl 1:S174-6 pubmed..We intend to extend our study in order to establish a methodology for regenerative medical treatment for patients with peripheral atherosclerosis. Further, we wish to advance the current research in the field of angiogenesis. ..
- Sugawara Y, Uehara A, Fujimoto Y, Kusumoto S, Fukase K, Shibata K, et al. Toll-like receptors, NOD1, and NOD2 in oral epithelial cells. J Dent Res. 2006;85:524-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that these molecules in oral epithelial cells are functional receptors that induce antibacterial responses. ..
- Miyasawa Hori H, Aizawa S, Takahashi N. Difference in the xylitol sensitivity of acid production among Streptococcus mutans strains and the biochemical mechanism. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2006;21:201-5 pubmed
- Takanami K, Kaneta T, Yamada T, Kinomura S, Yamada S, Fukuda H, et al. FDG PET for esophageal cancer complicated by sarcoidosis mimicking mediastinal and hilar lymph node metastases: two case reports. Clin Nucl Med. 2008;33:258-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, sarcoidosis should be considered when FDG PET shows intense FDG uptake in nonregional swollen lymph nodes, although the incidence of esophageal cancer complicated by sarcoidosis is rare. ..
- Itoh T, Fujita N, Kanno E, Yamamoto A, Yoshimori T, Fukuda M. Golgi-resident small GTPase Rab33B interacts with Atg16L and modulates autophagosome formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2916-25 pubmed publisher..In addition, overexpression of the Rab33B binding domain of Atg16L suppressed autophagosome formation. Our findings suggest that Rab33 modulates autophagosome formation through interaction with Atg16L. ..
- Kohama M, Fujimura M, Mugikura S, Tominaga T. Temporal change of 3-T magnetic resonance imaging/angiography during symptomatic cerebral hyperperfusion following superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in a patient with adult-onset moyamoya disease. Neurosurg Rev. 2008;31:451-5; discussion 455 pubmed publisher..5-T MR angiography in the previous studies, may reflect intrinsic pathology of postoperative cerebral hyperperfusion. It could be a useful diagnostic tool after revascularization surgery for moyamoya disease. ..
- Rashid M, Tawara S, Fukumoto Y, Seto M, Yano K, Shimokawa H. Importance of Rac1 signaling pathway inhibition in the pleiotropic effects of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. Circ J. 2009;73:361-70 pubmed..The pleiotropic effects of statins, if any, at their clinical doses are mediated predominantly through inhibition of the Rac1 signaling pathway. ..
- Chiba S, Ikeda M, Katsunuma K, Ohashi K, Mizuno K. MST2- and Furry-mediated activation of NDR1 kinase is critical for precise alignment of mitotic chromosomes. Curr Biol. 2009;19:675-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that MST2-, Fry-, and MOB2-mediated activation of NDR1 is crucial for the fidelity of mitotic chromosome alignment in mammalian cells. ..
- Do e Z, Fukumoto Y, Takaki A, Tawara S, Ohashi J, Nakano M, et al. Evidence for Rho-kinase activation in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension. Circ J. 2009;73:1731-9 pubmed..These results provide the first direct evidence for Rho-kinase activation in patients with PAH, suggesting the therapeutic importance of Rho-kinase in the disorder. ..
- Sugita R, Ito K, Fujita N, Takahashi S. Diffusion-weighted MRI in abdominal oncology: clinical applications. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:832-6 pubmed..DWI can be used for pretreatment tumor detection, characterization including predicting tumor response to therapy, monitoring tumor response during therapy, and follow-up study after treatment to detect possible tumor recurrence. ..
- Sakuma M, Otsuki T, Yoshinaga K, Utsunomiya H, Nagase S, Takano T, et al. Malignant transformation arising from mature cystic teratoma of the ovary: a retrospective study of 20 cases. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:766-71 pubmed..The prognosis of MT is highly dependent on age, stage, and optimal cytoreduction. Adjuvant treatment has not been standardized, although our experience supports the use of combination platinum/taxane chemotherapy. ..
- Kikuchi A, Arai Ichinoi N, Sakamoto O, Matsubara Y, Saheki T, Kobayashi K, et al. Simple and rapid genetic testing for citrin deficiency by screening 11 prevalent mutations in SLC25A13. Mol Genet Metab. 2012;105:553-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this assay could be used for newborn screening and for facilitating the genetic diagnosis of citrin deficiency, especially in East Asian populations...
- Yaginuma Sakurai K, Murata K, Iwai Shimada M, Nakai K, Kurokawa N, Tatsuta N, et al. Hair-to-blood ratio and biological half-life of mercury: experimental study of methylmercury exposure through fish consumption in humans. J Toxicol Sci. 2012;37:123-30 pubmed..The crude half-life may be preferred rather than the recalculated one because of the practicability and uncertainties of the background level, though the latter half-life may approximate the conventional one. ..
- Satake M, Kawata M, McLysaght A, Makino T. Evolution of vertebrate tissues driven by differential modes of gene duplication. DNA Res. 2012;19:305-16 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal general patterns underlying the evolution of tissues and their corresponding genes. ..
- Miura K, Fujibuchi W, Unno M. Splice variants in apoptotic pathway. Exp Oncol. 2012;34:212-7 pubmed..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "Apoptosis: Four Decades Later". ..
- Oikawa M, Miki Y, Shimizu Y, Kumamoto H. Assessment of protein expression and gene status of human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER) family molecules in ameloblastomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 2013;42:424-34 pubmed publisher..Some of these molecules might be useful for predicting outcomes in patients with ameloblastomas. ..
- Masamune A, Kume K, Shimosegawa T. Sex and age differences in alcoholic pancreatitis in Japan: a multicenter nationwide survey. Pancreas. 2013;42:578-83 pubmed publisher..Male smokers developed alcoholic pancreatitis at younger ages than did nonsmokers. Continued alcohol drinking led to the recurrence of pancreatitis. ..
- Verma M, Miki Y, Abe K, Suzuki T, Niikawa H, Suzuki S, et al. Intratumoral localization and activity of 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in non-small cell lung cancer: a potent prognostic factor. J Transl Med. 2013;11:167 pubmed publisher..Results of our present study suggest that 17?HSD1 may be considered an important prognostic factor in NSCLC patients and targeting 17?HSD1 activity may further improve the clinical response in estrogen responsive NSCLC patients. ..
- Ono M, Ohkouchi S, Kanehira M, Tode N, Kobayashi M, Ebina M, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells correct inappropriate epithelial-mesenchyme relation in pulmonary fibrosis using stanniocalcin-1. Mol Ther. 2015;23:549-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that STC1 tends to correct the inappropriate epithelial-mesenchymal relationships and that STC1 plasmid transfected to MSCs or STC1 inhalation could become promising treatments for IPF. ..
- Wada Y, Abe T, Itabashi T, Sato H, Kawamura M, Tamai M. Autosomal dominant macular degeneration associated with 208delG mutation in the FSCN2 gene. Arch Ophthalmol. 2003;121:1613-20 pubmed..Autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa and ADMD can be caused by the same 208delG mutation. We suggest that mutations in the FSCN2 gene can lead to a spectrum of phenotypes. ..
- Chisaka H, Morita E, Yaegashi N, Sugamura K. Parvovirus B19 and the pathogenesis of anaemia. Rev Med Virol. 2003;13:347-59 pubmed..In this review, we address the clinical manifestations and molecular mechanisms for B19-induced anaemia in humans and a mouse model, and of B19-induced cell cycle arrests in erythroid cells. ..
- Sato A, Saisho Hattori T, Koizumi Y, Minegishi M, Iinuma K, Imaizumi M. Prophylaxis of mucosal toxicity by oral propantheline and cryotherapy in children with malignancies undergoing myeloablative chemo-radiotherapy. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2006;210:315-20 pubmed..6 days; and untreated, 5.6 days). Therefore, the combination of propantheline and oral cryotherapy may be feasible and effective for reduction of mucosal toxicity in patients with malignancy who undergo high-dose chemotherapy...
- Misu N, Zhang M, Mori S, Miyazaki T, Furukawa H, Sasaki T, et al. Autosomal loci associated with a sex-related difference in the development of autoimmune phenotypes in a lupus model. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:2787-96 pubmed..Our present findings suggest the presence of a male-predominant mechanism underlying the development of SrD in autoimmunity, depending on the effects of autosomal loci under an undefined male-specific condition. ..
- Ishibashi M, Nakayama K, Yeasmin S, Katagiri A, Iida K, Nakayama N, et al. A BTB/POZ gene, NAC-1, a tumor recurrence-associated gene, as a potential target for Taxol resistance in ovarian cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3149-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NAC-1 regulates Taxol resistance in ovarian cancer and may provide an effective target for chemotherapeutic intervention in Taxol-resistant tumors. ..
- Fuse N, Miyazawa A, Nakazawa T, Mengkegale M, Otomo T, Nishida K. Evaluation of LOXL1 polymorphisms in eyes with exfoliation glaucoma in Japanese. Mol Vis. 2008;14:1338-43 pubmed..However, unidentified genetic or environmental factors independent of LOXL1 will most likely influence the phenotypic expression of the syndrome. ..
- Seki M, Otsuki M, Ishii Y, Tada S, Enomoto T. RecQ family helicases in genome stability: lessons from gene disruption studies in DT40 cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2472-8 pubmed..Here, we review the functions of eukaryotic RecQ helicases, focusing primarily on BLM in the maintenance of genome stability through various pathways of nucleic acid metabolism and with special reference to DNA replication. ..
- Kariya Y, Kato R, Itoh S, Fukuda T, Shibukawa Y, Sanzen N, et al. N-Glycosylation of laminin-332 regulates its biological functions. A novel function of the bisecting GlcNAc. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:33036-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results clearly demonstrate for the first time that N-glycosylation may regulate the biological function of Lm332. This finding could introduce a new therapeutic strategy for cancer. ..
- Iijima K, Koike T, Abe Y, Yamagishi H, Ara N, Asanuma K, et al. Gastric hyposecretion in esophageal squamous-cell carcinomas. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:1349-55 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that profound hypochlorhydria is a strong independent risk factor for ESCC even after adjusting for the influence of gastric atrophy. ..
- Sonobe S, Murakami K, Kohama M, Watanabe M, Kumabe T, Tominaga T. [C2 neurinoma with intracranial extension: a case report]. No Shinkei Geka. 2009;37:893-7 pubmed..Surgical strategies with less invasiveness based on early diagnosis lead to successful recovery of neurological function...
- Kaneko H, Shimizu R, Yamamoto M. GATA factor switching during erythroid differentiation. Curr Opin Hematol. 2010;17:163-8 pubmed publisher..The present review is focused on the mechanism of Gata1 and Gata2 gene regulation during erythropoiesis and the physiological significance of their dynamic regulation...
- Natori Y, Imahori T, Murakami K, Yoshimura Y, Nakagawa S, Kato A, et al. The synthesis and biological evaluation of 1-C-alkyl-L-arabinoiminofuranoses, a novel class of ?-glucosidase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:738-41 pubmed publisher..Among them, the inhibitory activity (IC(50)=0.032?M) towards intestinal sucrase of 1c was quite strong compared to the above commercial drugs. ..
- Noda M, Okada Y, Maeda S, Sado T, Sakurada A, Hoshikawa Y, et al. An experience with the modified total pleural covering technique in a patient with bilateral intractable pneumothorax secondary to lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;16:439-41 pubmed..We believe that TPC is a safe and reliable procedure for the management of intractable pneumothorax secondary to LAM. It also has the potential to reduce risk of excessive bleeding in lung transplantation...
- Kuramasu A, Sukegawa J, Sato T, Sakurai E, Watanabe T, Yanagisawa T, et al. The hydrophobic amino acids in putative helix 8 in carboxy-terminus of histamine H(3) receptor are involved in receptor-G-protein coupling. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1843-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that hydrophobic interface of putative helix 8 is important for the regulation of H(3) receptor activity, presumably by stabilizing the helix to the plasma membrane. ..
- Kanehira M, Kikuchi T, Ohkouchi S, Shibahara T, Tode N, Santoso A, et al. Targeting lysophosphatidic acid signaling retards culture-associated senescence of human marrow stromal cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32185 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results highlight the potential of pharmacological intervention against LPA signaling for blunting senescence-associated loss of function characteristic of human MSCs. ..
- Ichikawa S, Fukuhara N, Katsushima H, Takahashi T, Yamamoto J, Yokoyama H, et al. Association between BACH2 expression and clinical prognosis in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Cancer Sci. 2014;105:437-44 pubmed publisher..0%), 3 out of 4 cases with low BACH2 expression are alive without disease relapse at the time of publication of this paper. In conclusion, BACH2 expression level is a promising predictor of prognosis for DLBCL. ..
- Yoshino S, Cilluffo R, Prasad M, Best P, Atkinson E, Aoki T, et al. Sex-Specific Genetic Variants are Associated With Coronary Endothelial Dysfunction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5:e002544 pubmed publisher..These associations appear to be sex specific and may explain gender-related differences in development of atherosclerosis. ..
- Godo S, Shimokawa H. Endothelial Functions. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:e108-e114 pubmed publisher..We herein will summarize the current knowledge on endothelial functions from bench to bedside with particular focus on recent publications in Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. ..
- Shinka T, Kure S, Sakata Y, Takayanagi M, Matsubara Y, Narisawa K. Assignment of Gldc encoding glycine decarboxylase to mouse chromosome 19C by in situ hybridization and a CA repeat polymorphism in the Gldc gene. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;83:260-1 pubmed