Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Kouadio I, Koffi A, Attoh Toure H, Kamigaki T, Oshitani H. Outbreak of measles and rubella in refugee transit camps. Epidemiol Infect. 2009;137:1593-601 pubmed publisher..Supplemental immunization with a measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine was conducted during week 20. This study illustrates the importance of testing for both measles and rubella in outbreaks of rash and fever in refugee settings. ..
- Ohkawa M, Ohno Y, Masuko K, Takeuchi A, Suda K, Kubo A, et al. Oncogenicity of L-type amino-acid transporter 1 (LAT1) revealed by targeted gene disruption in chicken DT40 cells: LAT1 is a promising molecular target for human cancer therapy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:649-55 pubmed publisher..All these results indicate essential roles of LAT1 in the cell proliferation and occurrence of malignant phenotypes and that LAT1 is a promising candidate as a molecular target of human cancer therapy. ..
- Watanabe R, Hayashi R, Kimura Y, Tanaka Y, Kageyama T, Hara S, et al. A novel gelatin hydrogel carrier sheet for corneal endothelial transplantation. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:2213-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the gelatin hydrogel sheet is a promising material to transport corneal endothelial cells during transplantation. ..
- Inoue D, Suzuki T, Mitsuishi Y, Miki Y, Suzuki S, Sugawara S, et al. Accumulation of p62/SQSTM1 is associated with poor prognosis in patients with lung adenocarcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:760-6 pubmed publisher..The prognostic impact of p62 status was pronounced in adenocarcinoma patients, suggesting that molecular mechanisms underlying cancer evolution differ between adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Nakagawa T, Mondal K, Swanson P. VprBP (DCAF1): a promiscuous substrate recognition subunit that incorporates into both RING-family CRL4 and HECT-family EDD/UBR5 E3 ubiquitin ligases. BMC Mol Biol. 2013;14:22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies provide important insights and raise interesting new questions regarding the mechanisms that regulate or subvert VprBP function in the context of both the CRL4 and EDD/UBR5 E3 ligases. ..
- Miyata K, Yotsumoto F, Fukagawa S, Kiyoshima C, Ouk N, Urushiyama D, et al. Serum Heparin-binding Epidermal Growth Factor-like Growth Factor (HB-EGF) as a Biomarker for Primary Ovarian Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3955-3960 pubmed..In addition, serum HB-EGF levels increased as the cancer advanced. These data suggest that serum HB-EGF may be a target for the design of novel therapies for ovarian cancer. ..
- Ogawa A, Yoshimoto T, Sakurai Y. Clinical analysis of STA-SCA bypass for vertebrobasilar occlusive disease. Tohoku J Exp Med. 1991;164:183-90 pubmed..Favorable outcomes were obtained for the remaining cases. The present study suggests that, STA-SCA bypass, can be performed without surgical and systemic complications and used as an effective therapy for vertebrobasilar ischemia. ..
- Sato M, Mori Y, Sakurada A, Fujimura S, Horii A. The H-cadherin (CDH13) gene is inactivated in human lung cancer. Hum Genet. 1998;103:96-101 pubmed..These results suggest that a combination of deletion and hypermethylation causes inactivation of the CDH13 gene in a considerable number of human lung cancers. ..
- Baik U, Suzuki M, Ikeda K, Sugawara J, Mitani H. Relationship between cephalometric characteristics and obstructive sites in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Angle Orthod. 2002;72:124-34 pubmed..All of the groups shared the characteristic of having an inferior position of the hyoid bone. Based on the results of the current study, we conclude that many features of OSAS are specifically related to each obstructive type of OSAS. ..
- Ito C. The role of the central histaminergic system on schizophrenia. Drug News Perspect. 2004;17:383-7 pubmed..Therefore, the dysfunction of the histamine neuron system may participate in the extradopaminergic brain dysfunction of schizophrenia, and histamine agents may improve the refractory schizophrenia. ..
- Ding Y, Zhang Y, Furuyama K, Ogawa K, Igarashi K, Shibahara S. Down-regulation of heme oxygenase-2 is associated with the increased expression of heme oxygenase-1 in human cell lines. FEBS J. 2006;273:5333-46 pubmed..These results suggest that HO-2 may down-regulate the expression of HO-1, thereby directing the co-ordinated expression of HO-1 and HO-2. ..
- Takeyama J, Saito T, Itagaki T, Abukawa D. Vanishing bile duct syndrome with a history of erythema multiforme. Pediatr Int. 2006;48:651-3 pubmed
- Kikuchi H. [Novel biologically active compounds isolated from unexploited organisms, cellular sime molds]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007;127:1431-9 pubmed..In addition, brefelamide inhibited the cellular proliferation of 1321N1 human astrocytoma cells. These results show that cellular slime molds are promising sources in natural product chemistry...
- Watanabe S, Hattori T, Kanazawa M, Kano M, Fukudo S. Role of histaminergic neurons in hypnotic modulation of brain processing of visceral perception. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2007;19:831-8 pubmed..These findings lead us to possible new treatment for control of visceral perception. ..
- Tanabe K, Utsunomiya H, Tamura M, Niikura H, Takano T, Yoshinaga K, et al. Expression of retinoic acid receptors in human endometrial carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:267-71 pubmed publisher..AM580 might therefore be considered as a potential treatment for endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Suzuki T, Miki Y, Akahira J, Moriya T, Ohuchi N, Sasano H. Aromatase in human breast carcinoma as a key regulator of intratumoral sex steroid concentrations. Endocr J. 2008;55:455-63 pubmed..Aromatase inhibitors may thus have additional antiproliferative effects through increasing local DHT concentration with estrogen deprivation. ..
- Okada Y, Kondo T. Preservation solution for lung transplantation. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:635-9 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the experimental and clinical studies on lung preservation, particularly focusing attention on the preservation solution being employed for clinical lung transplantation. ..
- Otani H, Kikuya M, Hara A, Terata S, Ohkubo T, Kondo T, et al. Association of kidney dysfunction with silent lacunar infarcts and white matter hyperintensity in the general population: the Ohasama study. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010;30:43-50 pubmed publisher..CCr is closely associated with lacunar infarcts, suggesting that kidney dysfunction in the elderly is an independent risk factor or predictor for silent lacunar infarcts. ..
- Deguchi T, Kurosaka H, Oikawa H, Kuroda S, Takahashi I, Yamashiro T, et al. Comparison of orthodontic treatment outcomes in adults with skeletal open bite between conventional edgewise treatment and implant-anchored orthodontics. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2011;139:S60-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, since a significant amount of tooth movement occurs with miniscrews, careful attention is required during the retention phase. ..
- Chanplakorn N, Chanplakorn P, Suzuki T, Ono K, Wang L, Chan M, et al. Increased 5?-reductase type 2 expression in human breast carcinoma following aromatase inhibitor therapy: the correlation with decreased tumor cell proliferation. Horm Cancer. 2011;2:73-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased 5?Red2 and AR following AI treatment may partly contribute to reduce the tumor cell proliferation through increasing intratumoral androgen concentrations and its receptor. ..
- Kubo H. Tissue engineering for pulmonary diseases: insights from the laboratory. Respirology. 2012;17:445-54 pubmed publisher..These results give us a greater understanding of the possibilities and the limitations of tissue engineering for pulmonary diseases. ..
- Hidaka M, Koga T, Gotoh A, Sanada M, Hirose K, Uchida T. Alzheimer's disease-related protein hGas7b interferes with kinesin motility. J Biochem. 2012;151:593-8 pubmed publisher..Excess hGas7b interferes with kinesin motility on microtubules. These results suggest that regulation to maintain an appropriate concentration of hGas7b is required for healthy neurotransmission. ..
- Tsuji K, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Obinata M. Mammalian antioxidant protein complements alkylhydroperoxide reductase (ahpC) mutation in Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 1995;307 ( Pt 2):377-81 pubmed..Sequence comparisons with recently cloned mammalian Aop1 homologues suggest that these genes consist of a family that is responsible for regulation of cellular proliferation, differentiation and antioxidant functions. ..
- Kim D, Magoori K, Inoue T, Mao C, Kim H, Suzuki H, et al. Exon/intron organization, chromosome localization, alternative splicing, and transcription units of the human apolipoprotein E receptor 2 gene. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8498-504 pubmed..Sequence inspection of the 5'-flanking region revealed potential DNA elements: AP-2, GC factor, PEA3, and Sp1. The minimal promoter region and a region required for nerve growth factor inducibility in PC12 cells were also determined. ..
- Endo C, Sagawa M, Sato M, Chen Y, Sakurada A, Aikawa H, et al. Sequential loss of heterozygosity in the progression of squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. Br J Cancer. 1998;78:612-5 pubmed..These results suggest that several tumour-suppressor genes are associated with lung cancer progression and that genetic changes on 3p21, 5q21 and 17p13 are early events. ..
- Kawabe Y, Seki M, Seki T, Wang W, Imamura O, Furuichi Y, et al. Covalent modification of the Werner's syndrome gene product with the ubiquitin-related protein, SUMO-1. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:20963-6 pubmed..Finally, we confirmed by immunoblotting with an anti-SUMO-1 antibody that Wrn was covalently attached with SUMO-1. ..
- Iijima K, Fyfe V, McColl K. Studies of nitric oxide generation from salivary nitrite in human gastric juice. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:246-52 pubmed..Saliva contains substantial concentrations of nitrite derived from the enterosalivary recirculation of dietary nitrate...
- Moriya T, Kasajima A, Ishida K, Kariya Y, Akahira J, Endoh M, et al. New trends of immunohistochemistry for making differential diagnosis of breast lesions. Med Mol Morphol. 2006;39:8-13 pubmed..Some of the lobular carcinomas are positive for 34betaE12, but they are consistently negative for CK5/6. Comparison with histopathological findings of hematoxylin and eosin is essential to make proper diagnosis in the individual case. ..
- Nakashima I, Fujinoki M, Fujihara K, Kawamura T, Nishimura T, Nakamura M, et al. Alteration of cystatin C in the cerebrospinal fluid of multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol. 2007;62:197-200; discussion 205 pubmed..Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay showed that the cystatin C levels tended to be lower in multiple sclerosis and NMO. Alterations of cystatin C may relate to the pathogeneses of demyelinating diseases. ..
- Nakajima S, Lan L, Kanno S, Usami N, Kobayashi K, Mori M, et al. Replication-dependent and -independent responses of RAD18 to DNA damage in human cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34687-95 pubmed..These data indicate that RAD18 responds to DNA damage in two distinct ways, one replication-dependent and one replication-independent, involving the SAP and zinc finger motifs, respectively. ..
- Nakamura K, Miyazato A, Xiao G, Hatta M, Inden K, Aoyagi T, et al. Deoxynucleic acids from Cryptococcus neoformans activate myeloid dendritic cells via a TLR9-dependent pathway. J Immunol. 2008;180:4067-74 pubmed..neoformans. ..
- Sonoda Y, Kumabe T, Nakamura T, Saito R, Kanamori M, Yamashita Y, et al. Analysis of IDH1 and IDH2 mutations in Japanese glioma patients. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1996-8 pubmed publisher..The infrequency of IDH1 mutation in primary glioblastomas revealed that these subtypes are genetically distinct entities from other glial tumors. ..
- Ohsaki Y, Shirakawa H, Miura A, Giriwono P, Sato S, Ohashi A, et al. Vitamin K suppresses the lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of inflammatory cytokines in cultured macrophage-like cells via the inhibition of the activation of nuclear factor ?B through the repression of IKK?/? phosphorylation. J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21:1120-6 pubmed publisher..These results clearly show that the anti-inflammatory activity of vitamin K is mediated via the inactivation of the NF?B signaling pathway. ..
- Kondo Y, Ueno Y, Kakazu E, Kobayashi K, Shiina M, Tamai K, et al. Lymphotropic HCV strain can infect human primary naïve CD4+ cells and affect their proliferation and IFN-? secretion activity. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:232-41 pubmed publisher..Lymphotropic HCV replication suppressed proliferation and development, including that towards Th1 commitment, in human primary naïve CD4(+) cells. ..
- Harigae H. [Recent progress in iron metabolism and iron-related anemia]. Rinsho Byori. 2010;58:1211-8 pubmed..However, there are still significant numbers of cases with genetically undefined, inherited sideroblastic anemia. Molecular analysis of these cases will contribute to the understanding of mitochondrial iron metabolism. ..
- Kanazawa M, Watanabe S, Tana C, Komuro H, Aoki M, Fukudo S. Effect of 5-HT4 receptor agonist mosapride citrate on rectosigmoid sensorimotor function in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2011;23:754-e332 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that mosapride may have the potential to treat IBS patients with constipation and/or functional constipation. Further clinical trials are warranted to confirm the efficacy of this agent. ..
- Looi C, Imanishi M, Takaki S, Sato M, Chiba N, Sasahara Y, et al. Octa-arginine mediated delivery of wild-type Lnk protein inhibits TPO-induced M-MOK megakaryoblastic leukemic cell growth by promoting apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23640 pubmed publisher..WT Lnk R8 protein delivery may provide a safer and more practical approach to inhibit leukemic cell growth worthy of further development. ..
- Inoue A, Arima N, Ishiguro J, Prestwich G, Arai H, Aoki J. LPA-producing enzyme PA-PLA?? regulates hair follicle development by modulating EGFR signalling. EMBO J. 2011;30:4248-60 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that a PA-PLA(1)?-LPA-P2Y5 axis regulates differentiation and maturation of hair follicles via a TACE-TGF?-EGFR pathway, thus underscoring the physiological importance of LPA-induced EGFR transactivation. ..
- Chida T, Ando M, Matsuki T, Masu Y, Nagaura Y, Takano Yamamoto T, et al. N-Myristoylation is essential for protein phosphatases PPM1A and PPM1B to dephosphorylate their physiological substrates in cells. Biochem J. 2013;449:741-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study suggest that N-myristoylation of PPM1A and PPM1B plays a key role in recognition of their physiological substrates in cells. ..
- Kato Y, Natsume A, Kaneko M. A novel monoclonal antibody GMab-m1 specifically recognizes IDH1-R132G mutation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;432:564-7 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to establish anti-IDH1-R132G-specific mAbs, which is useful in immunohistochemistry of IDH1-R132G-bearing tumors. ..
- Takagi K, Miki Y, Tanaka S, Hashimoto C, Watanabe M, Sasano H, et al. Nucleobindin 2 (NUCB2) in human endometrial carcinoma: a potent prognostic factor associated with cell proliferation and migration. Endocr J. 2016;63:287-99 pubmed publisher..These findings possibly suggested that NUCB2 and/or nesfatin-1 had pivotal roles in the progression of endometrial carcinomas. Immunohistochemical NUCB2 status may therefore serve as a potent biomarker for endometrial carcinomas. ..
- Iwasaki H, Chagan Yasutan H, Leaño P, Koizumi N, Nakajima C, Taurustiati D, et al. Combined antibody and DNA detection for early diagnosis of leptospirosis after a disaster. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;84:287-91 pubmed publisher..5% were positive by DNA detection. These findings indicate that the leptospirosis detection rate is increased by combining antibody and DNA detection, providing a new tool for timely diagnosis of infection. ..
- Chiba H, Endo K, Fujishima F, Ohtsuka H, Naitoh T, Kuroha M, et al. A case of a ruptured submucosal aneurysm of the small intestine identified using double-balloon enteroscopy. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2016;9:49-54 pubmed publisher..Only a few reports have described their endoscopic findings. Our experience indicates that small bowel enteroscopy may be useful for managing ruptured submucosal aneurysms of the small intestine. ..
- Shimizu T, Uchida C, Shimizu R, Motohashi H, Uchida T. Prolyl isomerase Pin1 promotes proplatelet formation of megakaryocytes via tau. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:946-951 pubmed publisher..Pin1 bound tau and promoted microtubule polymerization. Our results show that Pin1 serves as a positive regulatory molecule of proplatelet formation of MKs by enhancing the function of phosphorylated tau. ..
- Suzuki T, Yanai M, Yamaya M, Satoh Nakagawa T, Sekizawa K, Ishida S, et al. Erythromycin and common cold in COPD. Chest. 2001;120:730-3 pubmed..007). Significantly more patients were hospitalized due to exacerbations in the control group than in the erythromycin group (p = 0.0007). Erythromycin therapy has beneficial effects on the prevention of exacerbations in COPD patients. ..
- Shintaku I, Satoh M, Okajima E, Fujimoto H, Kamoto T, Ogawa O, et al. Survival of metastatic germ cell cancer patients assessed by international germ cell consensus classification in Japan. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2008;38:281-7 pubmed publisher..Since the IGCC classification was based on patients treated between 1975 and 1990, we aimed to investigate whether survival has improved for more recently treated Japanese patients...
- Kondo Y, Ueno Y, Kobayashi K, Kakazu E, Shiina M, Inoue J, et al. Hepatitis B virus replication could enhance regulatory T cell activity by producing soluble heat shock protein 60 from hepatocytes. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:202-13 pubmed publisher..Entecavir treatment suppressed the frequency and function of T(reg) cells; this might contribute to the persistence of HBV infection. ..
- Tatsuta T, Hosono M, Miura Y, Sugawara S, Kariya Y, Hakomori S, et al. Involvement of ER stress in apoptosis induced by sialic acid-binding lectin (leczyme) from bullfrog eggs. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:1799-808 pubmed publisher..It is noteworthy that SBL can induce cancer-selective apoptosis by multiple apoptotic signaling pathways, and it can serve as a candidate molecule for anticancer drugs in a novel field. ..
- Uchida H, Morita T, Niizuma K, Kushida Y, Kuroda Y, Wakao S, et al. Transplantation of Unique Subpopulation of Fibroblasts, Muse Cells, Ameliorates Experimental Stroke Possibly via Robust Neuronal Differentiation. Stem Cells. 2016;34:160-73 pubmed publisher..Human fibroblast-derived Muse cells pose as a novel source of transplantable stem cells, circumventing the need for gene manipulations, especially when contemplating autologous cell therapy for stroke. ..
- Kobayashi S, Endo W, Inui T, Wakusawa K, Tanaka S, Onuma A, et al. The lack of antiepileptic drugs and worsening of seizures among physically handicapped patients with epilepsy during the Great East Japan Earthquake. Brain Dev. 2016;38:623-7 pubmed publisher..Even if the stock of antiepileptic drugs is sufficient, stress could cause worsening of seizures. Specialized support is required after a disaster among physically handicapped patients with epilepsy. ..
- Yamazaki H, Kanno S, Abdjul D, Namikoshi M. A bromopyrrole-containing diterpene alkaloid from the Okinawan marine sponge Agelas nakamurai activates the insulin pathway in Huh-7 human hepatoma cells by inhibiting protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:2207-2209 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in this study suggest that compound 1 activates the insulin signaling pathway by inhibiting PTP1B activity. ..
- Abe T, Tominaga Y, Kikuchi T, Watanabe A, Satoh K, Watanabe Y, et al. Bacterial pneumonia causes augmented expression of the secretory leukoprotease inhibitor gene in the murine lung. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1997;156:1235-40 pubmed..These facts suggested the local regulation of the SLPI gene expression in vivo in response to inflammatory stimuli at the site of inflammation. ..
- Sakurada A, Suzuki A, Sato M, Yamakawa H, Orikasa K, Uyeno S, et al. Infrequent genetic alterations of the PTEN/MMAC1 gene in Japanese patients with primary cancers of the breast, lung, pancreas, kidney, and ovary. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1997;88:1025-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that mutation of the PTEN/MMAC1 gene does not play a major role in carcinogenesis, at least in the tumor types from Japanese patients analyzed in this study. ..
- Furuyama K, Uno R, Urabe A, Hayashi N, Fujita H, Kondo M, et al. R411C mutation of the ALAS2 gene encodes a pyridoxine-responsive enzyme with low activity. Br J Haematol. 1998;103:839-41 pubmed..These findings suggest that the R411C mutation accounts for low ALAS activity and a partial pyridoxine-responsiveness of the disease in the patient. ..
- Endo K, Takeshita T, Kasai H, Sasaki Y, Tanaka N, Asao H, et al. STAM2, a new member of the STAM family, binding to the Janus kinases. FEBS Lett. 2000;477:55-61 pubmed
- Takahashi N. Acid-neutralizing activity during amino acid fermentation by Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia and Fusobacterium nucleatum. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2003;18:109-13 pubmed
- Shimada N, Suzuki T, Inoue S, Kato K, Imatani A, Sekine H, et al. Systemic distribution of estrogen-responsive finger protein (Efp) in human tissues. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;218:147-53 pubmed..Therefore, these results indicate that Efp is widely expressed and may play important roles in various human tissues possibly through ERs. ..
- Ishibashi H, Suzuki T, Suzuki S, Niikawa H, Lu L, Miki Y, et al. Progesterone receptor in non-small cell lung cancer--a potent prognostic factor and possible target for endocrine therapy. Cancer Res. 2005;65:6450-8 pubmed..Therefore, progesterone therapy may be clinically effective in suppressing development of progesterone receptor-positive NSCLC patients. ..
- Dohi O, Hatori M, Ichinohasama R, Hosaka M, Hashimoto S, Kokubun S. Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma arising in a patient with neurofibromatosis type I and in a patient with neurofibromatosis type II. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2006;208:169-76 pubmed..It is important to be aware of possibility of association of malignant tumors not only of the nervous system but also of unrelated to the nervous system when tumors appear in neurofibromatosis patients. ..
- Namai A, Sakurai M, Fujiwara H. Five cases of blunt traumatic cardiac rupture: success and failure in surgical management. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;55:200-4 pubmed..We believe that patients with cardiac rupture who are alive when they reach hospital can often be saved by prompt diagnosis and immediate, adequate surgical repairs...
- Suzuki T, Inoue A, Miki Y, Moriya T, Akahira J, Ishida T, et al. Early growth responsive gene 3 in human breast carcinoma: a regulator of estrogen-meditated invasion and a potent prognostic factor. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2007;14:279-92 pubmed..These results suggest that EGR3 plays an important role in estrogen-meditated invasion and is an independent prognostic factor in breast carcinoma. ..
- Akahira J, Suzuki F, Suzuki T, Miura I, Kamogawa N, Miki Y, et al. Decreased expression of RIZ1 and its clinicopathological significance in epithelial ovarian carcinoma: correlation with epigenetic inactivation by aberrant DNA methylation. Pathol Int. 2007;57:725-33 pubmed..Reduced expression of RIZ1 may play an important role in the pathogenesis and/or development of epithelial ovarian carcinoma, and is considered to be caused in part by aberrant DNA methylation. ..
- Satoh M, Wang H, Ishidoya S, Abe H, Moriya T, Hamada H, et al. Oncolytic virotherapy for prostate cancer by E1A, E1B mutant adenovirus. Urology. 2007;70:1243-8 pubmed..These results suggest that AxdAdB-3 could be a promising tool for virotherapy against prostate cancer in patients with disease resistant to hormonal therapy. ..
- Uematsu M, Sakamoto O, Ohura T, Shimizu N, Satomura K, Tsuchiya S. A further case of renal tubular dysgenesis surviving the neonatal period. Eur J Pediatr. 2009;168:207-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hormonal analysis of the renin-angiotensin system can aid in identifying the responsible genes and help with efficient gene analysis and pathophysiological considerations. ..
- Oshitani H, Kamigaki T, Suzuki A. Major issues and challenges of influenza pandemic preparedness in developing countries. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:875-80 pubmed publisher..Such an event will inevitably have a global effect. Therefore, improving pandemic preparedness in every country, particularly developing ones, is urgently needed. ..
- Nobuta S, Sato K, Nakagawa T, Hatori M, Itoi E. Effects of wrist splinting for Carpal Tunnel syndrome and motor nerve conduction measurements. Ups J Med Sci. 2008;113:181-92 pubmed..If relief of symptoms is not obtained after five months of treatment by splinting, that would be the limit of splinting. Surgical release is recommended for cases with severe lesions and with unrecordable APB-CMAP. ..
- Metoki H, Ohkubo T, Watanabe Y, Nishimura M, Sato Y, Kawaguchi M, et al. Seasonal trends of blood pressure during pregnancy in Japan: the babies and their parents' longitudinal observation in Suzuki Memorial Hospital in Intrauterine Period study. J Hypertens. 2008;26:2406-13 pubmed publisher..Interactions among BP, season and gestational age should be considered when evaluating BP in pregnant women. Risks associated with high BP might be underestimated in pregnant woman in summer who will deliver in winter. ..
- Saito A, Fujimura M, Inoue T, Shimizu H, Tominaga T. Relationship between lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1 expression and preoperative echogenic findings of vulnerable carotid plaque. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010;152:589-95 pubmed publisher..Endothelial MMP-2 might suppress TIMP-2 activation in vulnerable plaques. ..
- Kanno E, Ishibashi K, Kobayashi H, Matsui T, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M. Comprehensive screening for novel rab-binding proteins by GST pull-down assay using 60 different mammalian Rabs. Traffic. 2010;11:491-507 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mode of interaction between Rab and GAP. ..
- Hamada S, Shimosegawa T. Biomarkers of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatology. 2011;11 Suppl 2:14-9 pubmed publisher..g. blood or saliva samples, are now applied for the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. These methods will be beneficial for the screening and early detection of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Honda M, Muroi Y, Tamaki Y, Saigusa D, Suzuki N, Tomioka Y, et al. Functional characterization of CYP2B6 allelic variants in demethylation of antimalarial artemether. Drug Metab Dispos. 2011;39:1860-5 pubmed publisher..14, CYP2B6.20 and CYP2B6.27) exhibited significantly lower V(max) compared with that of CYP2B6.1. This functional analysis of CYP2B6 variants could provide useful information for individualization of antimalarial drug therapy. ..
- Uno K, Kato K, Kusaka G, Asano N, Iijima K, Shimosegawa T. The balance between 4-hydroxynonenal and intrinsic glutathione/glutathione S-transferase A4 system may be critical for the epidermal growth factor receptor phosphorylation of human esophageal squamous cell carcinomas. Mol Carcinog. 2011;50:781-90 pubmed publisher..We first demonstrated that the ligand-independent activation of EGFR by the balance between the stimulation of HNE and the prevention of intrinsic GSH/GST system might participate in the development of hESCC. ..
- Kimura F, Ito S, Endo Y, Doisaki N, Koriyama T, Miyazawa T, et al. Supplementation of DHA-rich microalgal oil or fish oil during the suckling period in mildly n-3 fatty acid-deficient rat pups. Lipids. 2011;46:1101-10 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the effectiveness of ingesting either FO or DMO in the pre-weaning period for improving mild n-3 PUFA deficiency. ..
- Suzuki M, Takahashi T, Katano I, Ito R, Ito M, Harigae H, et al. Induction of human humoral immune responses in a novel HLA-DR-expressing transgenic NOD/Shi-scid/?cnull mouse. Int Immunol. 2012;24:243-52 pubmed publisher..This novel mouse strain improves the reconstituted human immune systems that develop in humanized mice and will contribute to future studies of human humoral immune responses. ..
- Onoda S, Sugita T, Aizawa T, Ohnuma M, Takahashi A. Osteochondritis dissecans of the knee in identical twins: a report of two cases. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2012;20:108-10 pubmed..We considered that genetic factors remain essential even if other factors (particularly repetitive trauma) are mainly responsible for the occurrence of OCD. ..
- Kusaka G, Uno K, Iijima K, Endo H, Asano N, Koike T, et al. The role of nitric oxide in the induction of caudal-type homeobox 2 through epidermal growth factor receptor in the development of Barrett's esophagus. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2012;47:1148-58 pubmed..We revealed for the first time that extrinsic NO might directly induce CDX2 expression through EGFR phosphorylation. We suggested that NO had an important role in the development of BE from squamous epithelium around GEJ. ..
- Fujiwara T, Yokoyama H, Okitsu Y, Kamata M, Fukuhara N, Onishi Y, et al. Gene expression profiling identifies HOXB4 as a direct downstream target of GATA-2 in human CD34+ hematopoietic cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40959 pubmed publisher..6573, p<0.01). Our results suggested that GATA-2 directly regulates HOXB4 expression in hematopoietic stem cells, which may play an important role in the development and/or progression of aplastic anemia. ..
- Ueda T, Suzukamo Y, Sato M, Izumi S. Effects of music therapy on behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ageing Res Rev. 2013;12:628-41 pubmed publisher..93; 95% CI, -1.72 - -0.13; p=0.02). The present systematic review and meta-analysis suggests that music therapy is effective for the management of BPSD. ..
- Chishiki M, Takagi K, Sato A, Miki Y, Yamamoto Y, Ebata A, et al. Cytochrome c1 in ductal carcinoma in situ of breast associated with proliferation and comedo necrosis. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1510-1519 pubmed publisher..Considering that the center of DCIS is poorly oxygenated, these results indicate that CYC1 plays important roles in cell proliferation and comedo necrosis through the elevated oxidative phosphorylation activity in human DCIS. ..
- Zhang S, Chen Q, Liu Q, Li Y, Sun X, Hong L, et al. Hippo Signaling Suppresses Cell Ploidy and Tumorigenesis through Skp2. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:669-684.e7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that Hippo-Yap signaling suppresses cell polyploidy and oncogenesis through Skp2. ..
- Kobayashi H, Sato A, Otsu E, Hiura H, Tomatsu C, Utsunomiya T, et al. Aberrant DNA methylation of imprinted loci in sperm from oligospermic patients. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2542-51 pubmed..Our data suggest that sperm from infertile patients, especially those with oligospermia, may carry a higher risk of transmitting incorrect primary imprints to their offspring, highlighting the need for more research into ART...
- Inoue J, Ueno Y, Nagasaki F, Wakui Y, Kondo Y, Fukushima K, et al. Enhanced intracellular retention of a hepatitis B virus strain associated with fulminant hepatitis. Virology. 2009;395:202-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the fulminant HBV strain caused retention of the core particles and the core particle-associated HBV DNA in the cells. ..
- Baba M, Maeda I, Morita T, Hisanaga T, Ishihara T, Iwashita T, et al. Independent validation of the modified prognosis palliative care study predictor models in three palliative care settings. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;49:853-60 pubmed publisher..The modified PiPS was successfully validated and can be useful in palliative care units, hospital-based palliative care teams, and home-based palliative care services. ..
- Tanno Y, Shindoh Y, Takishima T. Modulation of human basophil growth in vitro by xiao-qing-long-tang (syo-seiryu-to), chai-pu-tang (saiboku-to), qing-fei-tang (seihai-to), baicalein and ketotifen. Am J Chin Med. 1989;17:45-50 pubmed..These results suggest that anti-allergic drugs may modulate basophil growth and differentiation in vitro and/or in vivo and therefore be useful and reasonable for controlling allergic diseases including bronchial asthma. ..
- Yamaura M, Sato T, Echigo S, Takahashi N. Quantification and detection of bacteria from postoperative maxillary cyst by polymerase chain reaction. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2005;20:333-8 pubmed..It is probable that bacterial infection affects the progression of POMC symptoms. The aims of this study were to determine the bacterial density and to examine the presence of 20 oral bacteria in POMC fluids...
- Yoshida M, Nakayama K, Yasuda H, Kubo H, Kuwano K, Arai H, et al. Carbocisteine inhibits oxidant-induced apoptosis in cultured human airway epithelial cells. Respirology. 2009;14:1027-34 pubmed publisher..L-carbocisteine may have antioxidant effects, as well as mucolytic activity, in inflamed airways. ..
- Nishino S, Ohtomo K, Numata Y, Sato T, Nakahata N, Kurita M. Divergent effects of lithium and sodium valproate on brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) production in human astrocytoma cells at therapeutic concentrations. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2012;39:17-22 pubmed publisher..These findings could form the basis of a new astrocyte-targeted approach towards developing effective medications to treat bipolar disorders. ..
- Ito S, Miyashita H, Suzuki Y, Kobayashi M, Satomi S, Sato Y. Enhanced cancer metastasis in mice deficient in vasohibin-1 gene. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73931 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that endogenous VASH1 tightens the endothelial barrier and makes tumor vessels resistant to cancer metastasis. ..
- Nagai T, Mizuno K. Jasplakinolide induces primary cilium formation through cell rounding and YAP inactivation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183030 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that actin polymerization does not suppress ciliogenesis per se but rather that cell rounding and reduced cell adhesion are more crucially involved in Jasp-induced ciliogenesis. ..