Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on flow cytometry in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Topic: flow cytometry
- Inoue A, Fujiwara T, Okitsu Y, Katsuoka Y, Fukuhara N, Onishi Y, et al. Elucidation of the role of LMO2 in human erythroid cells. Exp Hematol. 2013;41:1062-76.e1 pubmed publisher..LMO2 contributes to GATA-1 target gene expression by affecting assembly of the GATA-SCL/TAL1 complex components at endogenous loci. ..
- Sato D, Nakashima I, Bar Or A, Misu T, Suzuki C, Nishiyama S, et al. Changes in Th17 and regulatory T cells after fingolimod initiation to treat multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;268:95-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies may confirm if slower reduction of circulating Th17 cells following fingolimod initiation predisposes to relapses. ..
- Hayashi R, Yamato M, Takayanagi H, Oie Y, Kubota A, Hori Y, et al. Validation system of tissue-engineered epithelial cell sheets for corneal regenerative medicine. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2010;16:553-60 pubmed publisher..Further, these cells also lost epithelial barrier function. These results showed the potential effectiveness of the proposed validation system that can evaluate fabricated cell sheets before transplantation. ..
- Shiina M, Kobayashi K, Kobayashi T, Kondo Y, Ueno Y, Shimosegawa T. Dynamics of immature subsets of dendritic cells during antiviral therapy in HLA-A24-positive chronic hepatitis C patients. J Gastroenterol. 2006;41:758-64 pubmed..There is an apparent effect of antiviral therapy or a subsequent reduction of HCV on host immunity, but the effect may not include the induction of CTLs in CHC. ..
- Hatakeyama J, Tamai R, Sugiyama A, Akashi S, Sugawara S, Takada H. Contrasting responses of human gingival and periodontal ligament fibroblasts to bacterial cell-surface components through the CD14/Toll-like receptor system. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2003;18:14-23 pubmed
- Nakashima A, Tanaka N, Tamai K, Kyuuma M, Ishikawa Y, Sato H, et al. Survival of parvovirus B19-infected cells by cellular autophagy. Virology. 2006;349:254-63 pubmed..Moreover, inhibition of autophagy by 3-MA significantly facilitated B19-infection-mediated cell death. These results suggest a novel mechanism by which B19-infected cells survive by cellular autophagy. ..
- Morimoto N, Wakamura M, Muramatsu K, Toita S, Nakayama M, Shoji W, et al. Membrane Translocation and Organelle-Selective Delivery Steered by Polymeric Zwitterionic Nanospheres. Biomacromolecules. 2016;17:1523-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the noncytotoxic and readily synthesized p(DMAPS-ran-PEGMA) can find applications as bioimaging tools and drug nanocarriers. ..
- Wakao S, Kitada M, Kuroda Y, Dezawa M. Isolation of adult human pluripotent stem cells from mesenchymal cell populations and their application to liver damages. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;826:89-102 pubmed publisher..Here, we introduce the isolation method for Muse cells and the effect of transplantation of these cells on chronic liver diseases. ..
- Ohtsuki S, Yamaguchi H, Asashima T, Terasaki T. Establishing a method to isolate rat brain capillary endothelial cells by magnetic cell sorting and dominant mRNA expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 and 4 in highly purified rat brain capillary endothelial cells. Pharm Res. 2007;24:688-94 pubmed..This new purification method provides BCECs with less contamination by neural cells. In the isolated BCECs, Mrp1 and 4 are predominantly expressed, suggesting that they play an important role at the rat blood-brain barrier. ..
- Ishioka C, Kanamaru R, Sato T, Dei T, Konishi Y, Asamura M, et al. Inhibitory effects of prostaglandin A2 on c-myc expression and cell cycle progression in human leukemia cell line HL-60. Cancer Res. 1988;48:2813-8 pubmed..This recovery may be due to the loss of activity of PGA2 in culture medium. This study clearly showed that PGA2 treatment arrested HL-60 cells in the G0-G1 phase of the cell cycle and was associated with the reduction of c-myc mRNA. ..
- Hatta M, Yamamoto N, Miyazato A, Ishii N, Nakamura K, Inden K, et al. Early production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha by Gr-1 cells and its role in the host defense to pneumococcal infection in lungs. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2010;58:182-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results demonstrated that neutrophils, F4/80(+) macrophages and Gr-1(dull+) CD11c(+) macrophage-like cells played an important role in the production of TNF-alpha in lungs at an early stage of infection with S. pneumoniae. ..
- Shimamura H, Sunamura M, Tsuchihara K, Egawa S, Takeda K, Matsuno S. Irradiated pancreatic cancer cells undergo both apoptosis and necrosis, and could be phagocytized by dendritic cells. Eur Surg Res. 2005;37:228-34 pubmed..These results suggest that irradiated pancreatic cancer cells, which undergo both apoptosis and necrosis, could be a good source of tumor-associated antigens for cross-presentation by DCs. ..
- Nunoshiba T, Watanabe E, Takahashi T, Daigaku Y, Ishikawa S, Mochizuki M, et al. Ames test-negative carcinogen, ortho-phenyl phenol, binds tubulin and causes aneuploidy in budding yeast. Mutat Res. 2007;617:90-7 pubmed..These results indicate that OPP and PHQ damaged tubulin to cause mis-segregation of chromosome by delaying cell-cycle progression through mitosis, and as a consequence caused aneuploidy. ..
- Usui K, Sasahara Y, Tazawa R, Hagiwara K, Tsukada S, Miyawaki T, et al. Recurrent pneumonia with mild hypogammaglobulinemia diagnosed as X-linked agammaglobulinemia in adults. Respir Res. 2001;2:188-92 pubmed..This case suggests that some XLA cases may remain undiagnosed because they only show mild hypogammaglobulinemia and they lack repeated infections in childhood. Flow cytometric analysis is a powerful method to screen these patients. ..
- Shirai T, Fujii H, Ono M, Watanabe R, Ishii T, Harigae H. An innovative method to identify autoantigens expressed on the endothelial cell surface: serological identification system for autoantigens using a retroviral vector and flow cytometry (SARF). Clin Dev Immunol. 2013;2013:453058 pubmed publisher
- Moriya K, Suzuki M, Watanabe Y, Takahashi T, Aoki Y, Uchiyama T, et al. Development of a multi-step leukemogenesis model of MLL-rearranged leukemia using humanized mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37892 pubmed publisher..In addition, since the enforced expression of the mutant K-ras alone was insufficient to induce leukemia, the present model may also be a useful experimental platform for the multi-step leukemogenesis model of human leukemia. ..
- He M, Kubo H, Morimoto K, Fujino N, Suzuki T, Takahasi T, et al. Receptor for advanced glycation end products binds to phosphatidylserine and assists in the clearance of apoptotic cells. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:358-64 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that RAGE functions as a phosphatidylserine receptor and assists in the clearance of apoptotic cells. ..
- Kamachi F, Harada N, Usui Y, Sakanishi T, Ishii N, Okumura K, et al. OX40 ligand regulates splenic CD8? dendritic cell-induced Th2 responses in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:235-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, OX40L on CD8(-) cDCs physiologically contributes to the development of Th2 cells and secondary Th2 responses induced by Ag-pulsed CD8(-) cDCs in vivo. ..
- Yoshinari M, Imaizumi M, Eguchi M, Ogasawara M, Saito T, Suzuki H, et al. Establishment of a novel cell line (TS-2) of pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia with a t(1;19) not involving the E2A gene. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1998;101:95-102 pubmed..3 distinct from the E2A gene and, therefore, may be useful for investigating the heterogeneity of molecular pathogenesis in leukemias with t(1;19)(q23;p13) translocation. ..
- Inoue Y, Kaifu T, Sugahara Tobinai A, Nakamura A, Miyazaki J, Takai T. Activating Fc gamma receptors participate in the development of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice. J Immunol. 2007;179:764-74 pubmed..These findings highlight the critical roles of activating Fc gammaRs in the development of T1D, and indicate that Fc gammaRs are novel targets for therapies for T1D. ..
- Chagan Yasutan H, Tsukasaki K, Takahashi Y, Oguma S, Harigae H, Ishii N, et al. Involvement of osteopontin and its signaling molecule CD44 in clinicopathological features of adult T cell leukemia. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1484-90 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that OPN and CD44 play important roles in tumor formations and their products in plasma could be markers of the severity in ATL. ..
- Pan X, Suzuki N, Hirano I, Yamazaki S, Minegishi N, Yamamoto M. Isolation and characterization of renal erythropoietin-producing cells from genetically produced anemia mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25839 pubmed publisher..This has provided evidence that positive regulation by HIF2? and negative regulation by HIF3? might be necessary for correct renal Epo induction. ..
- Xiao G, Miyazato A, Abe Y, Zhang T, Nakamura K, Inden K, et al. Activation of myeloid dendritic cells by deoxynucleic acids from Cordyceps sinensis via a Toll-like receptor 9-dependent pathway. Cell Immunol. 2010;263:241-50 pubmed publisher..sinensis DNA was co-localized with CpG-ODN and partly with TLR9 and LAMP-1, a late endosomal marker, in BM-DCs. Our results demonstrated that C. sinensis DNA caused activation of BM-DCs in a TLR9-dependent manner. ..
- Maeda I, Okamura D, Tokitake Y, Ikeda M, Kawaguchi H, Mise N, et al. Max is a repressor of germ cell-related gene expression in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1754 pubmed publisher..In addition, Max knockdown results in a decrease in histone H3K9 dimethylation at their promoter regions. We propose that Max is part of protein complex that acts as a repressor of germ cell-related genes in embryonic stem cells. ..
- Muramatsu Y, Fukushima K, Iino K, Totsune K, Takahashi K, Suzuki T, et al. Urocortin and corticotropin-releasing factor receptor expression in the human colonic mucosa. Peptides. 2000;21:1799-809 pubmed..The appearance of urocortin after birth indicates that the exposure to dietary intake and/or luminal bacteria after birth may contribute to the initiation of urocortin expression in human gastrointestinal tract mucosa. ..
- Tatsuta T, Hosono M, Sugawara S, Kariya Y, Ogawa Y, Hakomori S, et al. Sialic acid-binding lectin (leczyme) induces caspase-dependent apoptosis-mediated mitochondrial perturbation in Jurkat cells. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:1402-12 pubmed publisher..SBL selectively kills tumor cells, is able to exhibit cytotoxicity regardless of P-glycoprotein expression and has potential as an alternative to conventional DNA-damaging anticancer drugs. ..
- Mori S, Tanda N, Ito M, Oishi H, Tsubaki T, Komori H, et al. Novel recombinant congenic mouse strain developing arthritis with enthesopathy. Pathol Int. 2008;58:407-14 pubmed publisher..McH/lpr-RA1 mice may provide a new insight into the study of RA regarding the common genomic spectrum of seronegative RA and enthesopathy...
- Fujimura T, Aiba S, Yoshino Y, Kuroki S, Kimura Y, Kikuchi K, et al. CCR4 Expression by atypical T cells in systemic pilotropic lymphoma: its behavior under treatment with interferon gamma, topical PUVA and systemic retinoid. Dermatology. 2004;208:221-6 pubmed..However, about 1 week after we discontinued this treatment because of the side effects, the lymph node swelling became prominent, and, 4 weeks later, the patient died before restarting any specific chemotherapy. ..
- Ohtake Y, Maruko A, Ohishi N, Kawaguchi M, Satoh T, Ohkubo Y. Effect of retinoic acid on transglutaminase and ornithine decarboxylase activities during liver regeneration. Cell Biochem Funct. 2008;26:359-65 pubmed
- Jin Z, Mori K, Fujimori K, Hoshikawa S, Tani J, Satoh J, et al. Experimental autoimmune thyroiditis in nonobese diabetic mice lacking interferon regulatory factor-1. Clin Immunol. 2004;113:187-92 pubmed..Lack of IRF-1 resulted in decreased CD8+ T cell number in the spleen and reduced IFNgamma production by splenocytes. Our results suggest that IRF-1 is not pivotal in EAT in NOD mice. ..
- Lai M, Seki M, Ui A, Enomoto T. Rmi1, a member of the Sgs1-Top3 complex in budding yeast, contributes to sister chromatid cohesion. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:685-90 pubmed..Loss of RAD51 also suppresses the cohesion defect of rmi1 mutant cells. These results indicate the existence of a new pathway involving Rad51 and Sgs1-Top3-Rmi1, which leads to the establishment of sister chromatid cohesion. ..
- Ishii N, Owada Y, Yamada M, Miura S, Murata K, Asao H, et al. Loss of neurons in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of AMSH-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:8626-37 pubmed..Taken together, these observations indicate that AMSH is an essential molecule for the survival of neuronal cells in early postnatal mice. ..
- Furukawa T, Sunamura M, Motoi F, Matsuno S, Horii A. Potential tumor suppressive pathway involving DUSP6/MKP-3 in pancreatic cancer. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:1807-15 pubmed..These results show that DUSP6 exerts apparent tumor-suppressive effects in vitro and suggest that DUSP6 is a strong candidate tumor suppressor gene at 12q22 locus. ..
- Nakamura K, Nakayama M, Kawano M, Amagai R, Ishii T, Harigae H, et al. Fratricide of natural killer cells dressed with tumor-derived NKG2D ligand. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9421-6 pubmed publisher..NK cells dressed with Rae-1 were lysed by neighboring NK cells through the NKG2D-induced perforin pathway in vitro and in vivo. These results provide the unique NKG2D function in negative regulation of activated NK cells. ..
- Usami O, Xiao P, Ling H, Liu Y, Nakasone T, Hattori T. Properties of anti-gp41 core structure antibodies, which compete with sera of HIV-1-infected patients. Microbes Infect. 2005;7:650-7 pubmed..69 and 98.6) but also against oligomeric gp41 specific epitope (binding site of mAb T26). ..
- Ogawa T, Shiga K, Hashimoto S, Kobayashi T, Horii A, Furukawa T. APAF-1-ALT, a novel alternative splicing form of APAF-1, potentially causes impeded ability of undergoing DNA damage-induced apoptosis in the LNCaP human prostate cancer cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;306:537-43 pubmed..These results indicate that APAF-1-ALT is a molecule that is deficient and impeded for mediating apoptosis and that it may contribute to the resistance to DNA damage-induced treatment observed in LNCaP. ..
- Kuramasu A, Sukegawa J, Sato T, Sakurai E, Watanabe T, Yanagisawa T, et al. The hydrophobic amino acids in putative helix 8 in carboxy-terminus of histamine H(3) receptor are involved in receptor-G-protein coupling. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1843-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that hydrophobic interface of putative helix 8 is important for the regulation of H(3) receptor activity, presumably by stabilizing the helix to the plasma membrane. ..
- Branzei D, Seki M, Onoda F, Yagi H, Kawabe Y, Enomoto T. Characterization of the slow-growth phenotype of S. cerevisiae Whip/Mgs1 Sgs1 double deletion mutants. DNA Repair (Amst). 2002;1:671-82 pubmed..Our results suggest that Whip/Mgs1 is implicated in DNA metabolism, and is required for normal growth and cell cycle progression in the absence of Sgs1. ..
- Nakazawa T, Satoh J, Takahashi K, Sakata Y, Ikehata F, Takizawa Y, et al. Complete suppression of insulitis and diabetes in NOD mice lacking interferon regulatory factor-1. J Autoimmun. 2001;17:119-25 pubmed..These results indicate that IRF-1 plays a key role in developing insulitis and diabetes in NOD mice. ..
- Nakagawa K, Kiko T, Miyazawa T, Sookwong P, Tsuduki T, Satoh A, et al. Amyloid ?-induced erythrocytic damage and its attenuation by carotenoids. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1249-54 pubmed publisher..As a preventive strategy, because the A?-induced RBC damage could be attenuated by treatment of RBC with xanthophylls, we suggest that xanthophylls may contribute to the prevention of AD. ..
- Kawatani Y, Suzuki T, Shimizu R, Kelly V, Yamamoto M. Nrf2 and selenoproteins are essential for maintaining oxidative homeostasis in erythrocytes and protecting against hemolytic anemia. Blood. 2011;117:986-96 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results show that selenoprotein activity and the Nrf2 gene battery are particularly important for oxidative homeostasis in erythrocytes and for the prevention of hemolytic anemia. ..
- Takahashi K, Akiyama H, Shimazaki K, Uchida C, Akiyama Okunuki H, Tomita M, et al. Ablation of a peptidyl prolyl isomerase Pin1 from p53-null mice accelerated thymic hyperplasia by increasing the level of the intracellular form of Notch1. Oncogene. 2007;26:3835-45 pubmed..Pin1 depletion also inhibited the degradation of NIC by proteasomes. These results suggest that both Pin1 and p53 control the normal proliferation and differentiation of thymocytes by regulating the NIC level. ..
- Yamada M, Ishii N, Asao H, Murata K, Kanazawa C, Sasaki H, et al. Signal-transducing adaptor molecules STAM1 and STAM2 are required for T-cell development and survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8648-58 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the STAMs are indispensably involved in T-cell development and survival in the thymus through the prevention of apoptosis but are dispensable for the proximal signaling of TCR and cytokine receptors. ..
- Xiao P, Usami O, Suzuki Y, Ling H, Shimizu N, Hoshino H, et al. Characterization of a CD4-independent clinical HIV-1 that can efficiently infect human hepatocytes through chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4. AIDS. 2008;22:1749-57 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results shed light on the mechanisms involved in liver damage in HIV-1-infected individuals, which could have important implications concerning the range of mutability and the pathogenesis of AIDS. ..
- Hayashi R, Yamato M, Sugiyama H, Sumide T, Yang J, Okano T, et al. N-Cadherin is expressed by putative stem/progenitor cells and melanocytes in the human limbal epithelial stem cell niche. Stem Cells. 2007;25:289-96 pubmed..These results indicate that N-cadherin may be a critical cell-to-cell adhesion molecule between corneal epithelial stem/progenitor cells and their corresponding niche cells in the limbal epithelium. ..
- Terahara K, Takahashi K, Nakamura A, Osada M, Yoda M, Hiroi T, et al. Differences in integrin-dependent phagocytosis among three hemocyte subpopulations of the Pacific oyster "Crassostrea gigas". Dev Comp Immunol. 2006;30:667-83 pubmed..These results suggest that phagocytosis of hyalinocytes is regulated by an integrin-dependent mechanism and that of granulocytes is elicited by other functional receptors. ..
- Zhang X, Okutsu M, Kanemi O, Gametchu B, Nagatomi R. Repeated stress suppresses interferon-gamma production by murine intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2005;206:203-12 pubmed..We therefore propose that stress influences host defense by suppressing the production of IFN-gamma in IEL. ..
- Ohuchi T, Seki M, Kugou K, Tada S, Ohta K, Enomoto T. Accumulation of sumoylated Rad52 in checkpoint mutants perturbed in DNA replication. DNA Repair (Amst). 2009;8:690-6 pubmed publisher..Double mutation of RAD51 and RAD53 exhibited the similar levels of Rad52 sumoylation to RAD53 single mutation. The significance and regulation mechanism of Rad52 sumoylation by checkpoint pathways will be discussed. ..
- Hasegawa A, Shimizu R, Mohandas N, Yamamoto M. Mature erythrocyte membrane homeostasis is compromised by loss of the GATA1-FOG1 interaction. Blood. 2012;119:2615-23 pubmed publisher..These results thus demonstrate that the loss of the GATA1-FOG1 interaction causes a unique combination of membrane protein deficiency and disturbs the function of GATA1 in maintaining erythroid homeostasis. ..
- Xin H, Kikuchi T, Andarini S, Ohkouchi S, Suzuki T, Nukiwa T, et al. Antitumor immune response by CX3CL1 fractalkine gene transfer depends on both NK and T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:1371-80 pubmed..This study suggests that fractalkine can be a suitable candidate for immunogene therapy of cancer because fractalkine induces both innate and adaptive immunity. ..
- Fujimaki S, Harigae H, Sugawara T, Takasawa N, Sasaki T, Kaku M. Decreased expression of transcription factor GATA-2 in haematopoietic stem cells in patients with aplastic anaemia. Br J Haematol. 2001;113:52-7 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that there is an aberrant expression of transcription factors in stem cells in aplastic anaemia, which may be responsible for the development of the disease. ..
- Nakajima S, Ohashi J, Sawada A, Noda K, Fukumoto Y, Shimokawa H. Essential role of bone marrow for microvascular endothelial and metabolic functions in mice. Circ Res. 2012;111:87-96 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have suggested the important role of the bone marrow (BM) in modulating cardiovascular and metabolic functions...
- Mitsuhashi Y, Nakamura A, Endo S, Takeda K, Yabe Wada T, Nukiwa T, et al. Regulation of plasmacytoid dendritic cell responses by PIR-B. Blood. 2012;120:3256-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a novel regulatory role for PIR-B in PDCs. ..
- Yagi H, Matsumoto M, Nakamura M, Makino S, Suzuki R, Harada M, et al. Defect of thymocyte emigration in a T cell deficiency strain (CTS) of the mouse. J Immunol. 1996;157:3412-9 pubmed..Complete delineation of the precise mechanisms of this defect, however, requires further studies. ..
- Manome H, Aiba S, Tagami H. Simple chemicals can induce maturation and apoptosis of dendritic cells. Immunology. 1999;98:481-90 pubmed
- Fujie H, Villena J, Tohno M, Morie K, Shimazu T, Aso H, et al. Toll-like receptor-2-activating bifidobacteria strains differentially regulate inflammatory cytokines in the porcine intestinal epithelial cell culture system: finding new anti-inflammatory immunobiotics. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2011;63:129-39 pubmed publisher..Although our findings should be proven in appropriate experiments in vivo, the results of the present work provide a scientific rationale for the use of B. breve MCC-117 to prevent ETEC-induced intestinal inflammation. ..
- Asada M, Ebihara S, Numachi Y, Okazaki T, Yamanda S, Ikeda K, et al. Reduced tumor growth in a mouse model of schizophrenia, lacking the dopamine transporter. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:511-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, DAT-/- mice had less D(1)R. Both pharmacological and genetic interruption of D(1)R showed inhibited tumor growth. These results suggest that modulation of the dopaminergic system may contribute to cancer therapy. ..
- Ling H, Xiao P, Usami O, Hattori T. Thrombin activates envelope glycoproteins of HIV type 1 and enhances fusion. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:414-20 pubmed..001) was observed. In conclusion, thrombin, one of the major inflammatory molecules in blood, facilitates HIV-induced cell fusion, probably by activating gp120. ..