Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications143 found, 100 shown here
- Okuyama R, Tagami H, Aiba S. Notch signaling: its role in epidermal homeostasis and in the pathogenesis of skin diseases. J Dermatol Sci. 2008;49:187-94 pubmed..Future efforts to further define how Notch controls cell proliferation and differentiation may lead to the application of Notch in new therapies for various skin diseases. ..
- Nemoto E, Honda T, Kanaya S, Takada H, Shimauchi H. Expression of functional Toll-like receptors and nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain proteins in murine cementoblasts and their upregulation during cell differentiation. J Periodontal Res. 2008;43:585-93 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cementoblasts possess functional TLR and NOD signaling systems and have a similar capacity to osteoblasts in responding to a wide variety of pathogens. ..
- Nemoto E, Koshikawa Y, Kanaya S, Tsuchiya M, Tamura M, Somerman M, et al. Wnt signaling inhibits cementoblast differentiation and promotes proliferation. Bone. 2009;44:805-12 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the role of Wnt in controlling cementoblast function will provide new tools needed to improve on existing periodontal regeneration therapies...
- Ishii K, Nakao Y, Amagai A, Maeda Y. Novel functions of ribosomal protein S6 in growth and differentiation of Dictyostelium cells. Dev Growth Differ. 2009;51:533-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is likely that the proper expression of Dd-RPS6 may be of importance for the normal progression of late differentiation as well as for the initiation of differentiation. ..
- Funahashi J, Okafuji T, Ohuchi H, Noji S, Tanaka H, Nakamura H. Role of Pax-5 in the regulation of a mid-hindbrain organizer's activity. Dev Growth Differ. 1999;41:59-72 pubmed..These results suggest that Pax-5, together with Fgf8, hold a higher position in the genetic hierarchy of the isthmus organizing center and regulate its activity. ..
- Yokoyama H, Harigae H, Takahashi S, Takahashi S, Furuyama K, Kaku M, et al. Regulation of YB-1 gene expression by GATA transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:140-5 pubmed..These results suggest that YB-1 functions under the regulation of GATA factors in erythroid differentiation and aberrant expression of YB-1 gene may result in dyserythropoiesis. ..
- Nakamura A, Nukiwa T, Takai T. Deregulation of peripheral B-cell development in enhanced severity of collagen-induced arthritis in FcgammaRIIB-deficient mice. J Autoimmun. 2003;20:227-36 pubmed..IIB-/-. These findings suggest that the FcgammaRIIB-dependent triple regulation in the peripheral T2 B cells, in the antibody production, and in the effector cell responses is crucial for suppressing CIA. ..
- Tohgo A, Eiraku M, Miyazaki T, Miura E, Kawaguchi S, Nishi M, et al. Impaired cerebellar functions in mutant mice lacking DNER. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:326-33 pubmed..Our results indicate that DNER takes part in stimulation of BG maturation via intercellular communication and is essential for precise cerebellar development. ..
- Matsutani T, Ohmori T, Ogata M, Soga H, Yoshioka T, Suzuki R, et al. Alteration of T-cell receptor repertoires during thymic T-cell development. Scand J Immunol. 2006;64:53-60 pubmed..We thus consider that pre-selection TCR repertoire in immature T cells could be determined by some genetic factors conserved among different strains. ..
- Oikawa M, Miki Y, Shimizu Y, Kumamoto H. Assessment of protein expression and gene status of human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER) family molecules in ameloblastomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 2013;42:424-34 pubmed publisher..Some of these molecules might be useful for predicting outcomes in patients with ameloblastomas. ..
- Uchida H, Morita T, Niizuma K, Kushida Y, Kuroda Y, Wakao S, et al. Transplantation of Unique Subpopulation of Fibroblasts, Muse Cells, Ameliorates Experimental Stroke Possibly via Robust Neuronal Differentiation. Stem Cells. 2016;34:160-73 pubmed publisher..Human fibroblast-derived Muse cells pose as a novel source of transplantable stem cells, circumventing the need for gene manipulations, especially when contemplating autologous cell therapy for stroke. ..
- Manome H, Aiba S, Tagami H. Simple chemicals can induce maturation and apoptosis of dendritic cells. Immunology. 1999;98:481-90 pubmed
- Kudo T, Sakamoto Y, Tamura S, Kobayashi T. Activation mechanism of c-Jun amino-terminal kinase in the course of endodermal differentiation of P19 embryonic carcinoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2003;539:29-33 pubmed
- Saito H, Yasumoto K, Takeda K, Takahashi K, Yamamoto H, Shibahara S. Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor in the Wnt signaling pathway. Pigment Cell Res. 2003;16:261-5 pubmed..MITF-M therefore plays dual roles in the Wnt signaling pathway; MITF-M represents a downstream target and a nuclear mediator of Wnt signals in melanocytes. ..
- Miyazawa K, Hondo T, Kanaya T, Tanaka S, Takakura I, Itani W, et al. Characterization of newly established bovine intestinal epithelial cell line. Histochem Cell Biol. 2010;133:125-34 pubmed publisher..We think that BIE cells will be useful for studying the transport mechanisms of various pathogens and also the evaluation of drug delivery via M cells. ..
- Nishihara D, Yajima I, Tabata H, Nakai M, Tsukiji N, Katahira T, et al. Otx2 is involved in the regional specification of the developing retinal pigment epithelium by preventing the expression of sox2 and fgf8, factors that induce neural retina differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48879 pubmed publisher..Here, we suggest that Otx2 prevents the presumptive RPE region from forming the NR by repressing the expression of both Fgf8 and Sox2 which induce the NR cell fate. ..
- Yoshida M, Kumamoto H, Ooya K, Mayanagi H. Histopathological and immunohistochemical analysis of calcifying odontogenic cysts. J Oral Pathol Med. 2001;30:582-8 pubmed..We conclude that COCs with various histological features have neoplastic potential and may not be separate entities within the same histological spectrum. ..
- Kikuchi H. [Novel biologically active compounds isolated from unexploited organisms, cellular sime molds]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007;127:1431-9 pubmed..In addition, brefelamide inhibited the cellular proliferation of 1321N1 human astrocytoma cells. These results show that cellular slime molds are promising sources in natural product chemistry...
- Tominami K, Kanetaka H, Sasaki S, Mokudai T, Kaneko T, Niwano Y. Cold atmospheric plasma enhances osteoblast differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180507 pubmed publisher..Appropriate plasma irradiation stimulated the osteoblastic differentiation of the cells. This process offers the potential of promoting bone regeneration. ..
- Kato S, Kobayashi T, Kusuda K, Nishina Y, Nishimune Y, Yomogida K, et al. Differentiation-dependent enhanced expression of protein phosphatase 2Cbeta in germ cells of mouse seminiferous tubules. FEBS Lett. 1996;396:293-7 pubmed
- Toriyama K, Chiba A, Nakagawa Y. Visualization of somatic deletions mediated by R/RS site-specific recombination and induction of germinal deletions caused by callus differentiation and regeneration in rice. Plant Cell Rep. 2003;21:605-10 pubmed..These results indicate that the induction of callus differentiation and shoot regeneration is an effective manner to activate the R/ RS system and to produce plants with chromosomal deletions. ..
- Li Y, Zhang Y, Furuyama K, Yokoyama S, Takeda K, Shibahara S, et al. Identification of adipocyte differentiation-related regulatory element for adrenomedullin gene repression (ADRE-AR) in 3T3-L1 cells. Peptides. 2006;27:1405-14 pubmed..The present study has raised the possibility that ADRE-AR may play important roles in the AM gene expression in preadipocytes, and that the AM gene may be repressed through the ADRE-AR in adipocytes. ..
- Harigae H, Okitsu Y, Yokoyama H, Fujiwara T, Inomata M, Takahashi S, et al. Induction of erythroid-specific genes by overexpression of GATA-2 in K562 cells. Int J Hematol. 2006;84:38-42 pubmed
- Kaneko M, Ishihara K, Takahashi A, Hong J, Hirasawa N, Zee O, et al. Mechanism for the differentiation of EoL-1 cells into eosinophils by histone deacetylase inhibitors. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2007;143 Suppl 1:28-32 pubmed..The decrease in the level of FIP1L1-PDGFRalpha protein caused by apicidin and n-butyrate might be one of the mechanisms by which EoL-1 cells are induced to differentiate into eosinophils by these HDAC inhibitors. ..
- Kohu K, Ohmori H, Wong W, Onda D, Wakoh T, Kon S, et al. The Runx3 transcription factor augments Th1 and down-modulates Th2 phenotypes by interacting with and attenuating GATA3. J Immunol. 2009;183:7817-24 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the balance of Runx3 and GATA3 is one factor that influences the manifestation of CD4(+) cells as the Th1 or Th2 phenotypes. ..
- Miyazaki T, Miyauchi S, Tawada A, Anada T, Suzuki O. Effect of chondroitin sulfate-E on the osteoclastic differentiation of RAW264 cells. Dent Mater J. 2010;29:403-10 pubmed..CS-E may have a potential in treating bone defect if combined with CaP materials. ..
- Murakami S, Suzuki T, Harigae H, Romeo P, Yamamoto M, Motohashi H. NRF2 Activation Impairs Quiescence and Bone Marrow Reconstitution Capacity of Hematopoietic Stem Cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..We propose that the appropriate control of NRF2 activity by KEAP1 is essential for maintaining HSCs and guarantees their stress-induced regenerative response. ..
- Kikuchi H, Saito Y, Komiya J, Takaya Y, Honma S, Nakahata N, et al. Furanodictine A and B: amino sugar analogues produced by cellular slime mold Dictyostelium discoideum showing neuronal differentiation activity. J Org Chem. 2001;66:6982-7 pubmed..These furanodictines potently induce neuronal differentiation of rat pheochromocytoma (PC-12) cells. ..
- Sugamura K, Asao H, Kondo M, Tanaka N, Ishii N, Ohbo K, et al. The interleukin-2 receptor gamma chain: its role in the multiple cytokine receptor complexes and T cell development in XSCID. Annu Rev Immunol. 1996;14:179-205 pubmed..To investigate the mechanism of XSCID and development of gene therapy for XSCID, knockout mice for the gamma chain gene were produced that showed similar but not exactly the same phenotypes as human XSCID. ..
- Kumasaka M, Sato H, Sato S, Yajima I, Yamamoto H. Isolation and developmental expression of Mitf in Xenopus laevis. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:107-13 pubmed..14:1712-1728). ..
- Sato T, Nakamura H. The Fgf8 signal causes cerebellar differentiation by activating the Ras-ERK signaling pathway. Development. 2004;131:4275-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that the presumptive metencephalon receives a strong Fgf8 signal that activates the Ras-ERK pathway and differentiates into the cerebellum. ..
- Kanzaki H, Chiba M, Takahashi I, Haruyama N, Nishimura M, Mitani H. Local OPG gene transfer to periodontal tissue inhibits orthodontic tooth movement. J Dent Res. 2004;83:920-5 pubmed..Local OPG gene transfer significantly diminished tooth movement. In this study, we report that OPG gene transfer to periodontal tissue inhibited RANKL-mediated osteoclastogenesis and inhibited experimental tooth movement. ..
- Kumamoto H, Ohki K, Ooya K. Expression of p63 and p73 in ameloblastomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 2005;34:220-6 pubmed..To clarify the role of p53 homologs in oncogenesis and cytodifferentiation of odontogenic tumors, expression of p63 and p73 was analyzed in ameloblastomas as well as tooth germs...
- Suzuki O, Kamakura S, Katagiri T, Nakamura M, Zhao B, Honda Y, et al. Bone formation enhanced by implanted octacalcium phosphate involving conversion into Ca-deficient hydroxyapatite. Biomaterials. 2006;27:2671-81 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that OCP supports appositional bone formation and OCP-apatite conversion may be involved in this stimulatory capacity of OCP...
- Sakai D, Suzuki T, Osumi N, Wakamatsu Y. Cooperative action of Sox9, Snail2 and PKA signaling in early neural crest development. Development. 2006;133:1323-33 pubmed..Consistently, Sox9 directly activates the Snail2 promoter in synergy with, and through a direct binding to, Snail2. Finally, functions of these transcription factors in neural crest cells are enhanced by PKA signaling. ..
- Ono Y, Sensui H, Okutsu S, Nagatomi R. Notch2 negatively regulates myofibroblastic differentiation of myoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:358-69 pubmed..Furthermore, we found Notch3 was counter-regulated by Notch2 in C2C12 cells. These findings suggest that Notch2 is inhibiting differentiation of myoblasts into myofibroblasts with downregulation of Notch3 expression. ..
- Takeda K, Takahashi N, Shibahara S. Neuroendocrine functions of melanocytes: beyond the skin-deep melanin maker. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2007;211:201-21 pubmed..Here we update the neuroendocrine functions of melanocytes and discuss the possible involvement of melanocytes in the control of the central chemosensor that generates respiratory rhythm. ..
- Ishihara K, Kaneko M, Kitamura H, Takahashi A, Hong J, Seyama T, et al. Mechanism for the decrease in the FIP1L1-PDGFRalpha protein level in EoL-1 cells by histone deacetylase inhibitors. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2008;146 Suppl 1:7-10 pubmed publisher..The decrease in the level of FIP1L1-PDGFRalpha protein by continuous inhibition of HDAC may be due to the decrease in the translation rate of FIP1L1-PDGFRA. ..
- Matsuse D, Kitada M, Kohama M, Nishikawa K, Makinoshima H, Wakao S, et al. Human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stromal cells differentiate into functional Schwann cells that sustain peripheral nerve regeneration. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2010;69:973-85 pubmed publisher..This system may be applicable for the development of cell-based therapies. ..
- Yokose J, Ishizuka T, Yoshida T, Aoki J, Koyanagi Y, Yawo H. Lineage analysis of newly generated neurons in organotypic culture of rat hippocampus. Neurosci Res. 2011;69:223-33 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that the newly generated neurons differentiate to mature dentate granule cells in the slice culture once they have survived over this critical traceability period. ..
- Kuroda Y, Wakao S, Kitada M, Murakami T, Nojima M, Dezawa M. Isolation, culture and evaluation of multilineage-differentiating stress-enduring (Muse) cells. Nat Protoc. 2013;8:1391-415 pubmed publisher..Under both spontaneous and induced differentiation conditions, they show triploblastic differentiation. It takes 4-6 h to collect and 2 weeks to confirm the differentiation and self-renewal capacity of Muse cells. ..
- Igarashi K, Itoh Nakadai A. Orchestration of B lymphoid cells and their inner myeloid by Bach. Curr Opin Immunol. 2016;39:136-42 pubmed publisher..Myeloid-like characteristics suppressed or manifested in B cells by modifying differentiation trajectories of B and myeloid cells may be termed as 'inner myeloid' after the concept of 'inner fish'. ..
- Ichiyanagi N, Fujimori K, Yano M, Ishihara Fujisaki C, Sone T, Akiyama T, et al. Establishment of In Vitro FUS-Associated Familial Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Model Using Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:496-510 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that iPSC-derived motor neurons are a useful tool for analyzing the pathogenesis of human motor neuron disorders. ..
- Yokoyama H, Harigae H, Takahashi S, Kameoka J, Miyamura K, Ishizawa K, et al. High expression of YB-1 gene in erythroid cells in patients with refractory anemia. Int J Hematol. 2003;78:213-8 pubmed..The findings suggested that YB-1 functions in the early stage of erythropoiesis and that aberrant expression of this protein may induce hematological diseases such as MDS. ..
- Wang H, Ikeda S, Kanno S, Guang L, Ohnishi M, Sasaki M, et al. Activation of c-Jun amino-terminal kinase is required for retinoic acid-induced neural differentiation of P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2001;503:91-6 pubmed..Studies using protein phosphatase inhibitors and protein kinase inhibitors suggested that both okadaic acid-sensitive protein phosphatase(s) and protein kinase C participate in the RA-induced activation of JNK. ..
- Okazaki T, Ebihara S, Asada M, Yamanda S, Saijo Y, Shiraishi Y, et al. Macrophage colony-stimulating factor improves cardiac function after ischemic injury by inducing vascular endothelial growth factor production and survival of cardiomyocytes. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:1093-103 pubmed..These results suggest M-CSF might be a novel therapeutic agent for ischemic heart disease. ..
- Kaneko H, Shimizu R, Yamamoto M. GATA factor switching during erythroid differentiation. Curr Opin Hematol. 2010;17:163-8 pubmed publisher..The present review is focused on the mechanism of Gata1 and Gata2 gene regulation during erythropoiesis and the physiological significance of their dynamic regulation...
- Donai K, Kuroda K, Guo Y, So K, Sone H, Kobayashi M, et al. Establishment of a reporter system to monitor silencing status in induced pluripotent stem cell lines. Anal Biochem. 2013;443:104-12 pubmed publisher..Our system enables us to monitor the silencing status of transgenes and to efficiently select iPS cell lines that can be used for further applications. ..
- Katayama S, Suzuki M, Yamaoka A, Keleku Lukwete N, Katsuoka F, Otsuki A, et al. GATA2 haploinsufficiency accelerates EVI1-driven leukemogenesis. Blood. 2017;130:908-919 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that both the inappropriate stimulation of EVI1 and the loss of 1 allele equivalent of Gata2 expression contribute to the acceleration of leukemogenesis. ..
- Kaneko K, Furuyama K, Aburatani H, Shibahara S. Hypoxia induces erythroid-specific 5-aminolevulinate synthase expression in human erythroid cells through transforming growth factor-beta signaling. FEBS J. 2009;276:1370-82 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta1 subsequently induces ALAS2 expression, which may contribute to terminal differentiation of erythroid cells. ..
- Fujino N, Kubo H, Suzuki T, Ota C, Hegab A, He M, et al. Isolation of alveolar epithelial type II progenitor cells from adult human lungs. Lab Invest. 2011;91:363-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated that adult human lungs contain a progenitor population for ATII cells. This study is a first step toward better understanding of stem cell biology in adult human lung alveoli. ..
- Arakaki M, Ishikawa M, Nakamura T, Iwamoto T, Yamada A, Fukumoto E, et al. Role of epithelial-stem cell interactions during dental cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10590-601 pubmed publisher..Co-culturing with dental epithelial cells appears to induce stem cell differentiation that favors an odontogenic cell fate, which may be a useful approach for tooth bioengineering strategies. ..
- Kishimoto K, Itoi E. Lithium chloride enhances cathepsin H expression and BMP-4 degradation in C3H10T1/2 cells. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:143742 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that cathepsin H is regulated by Wnt/?-catenin signaling and plays an important role in the regulation of BMP4 biological activity. ..
- Nagashima H, Okuyama Y, Asao A, Kawabe T, Yamaki S, Nakano H, et al. The adaptor TRAF5 limits the differentiation of inflammatory CD4(+) T cells by antagonizing signaling via the receptor for IL-6. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:449-56 pubmed publisher..Our results identify TRAF5 as a negative regulator of the IL-6 receptor signaling pathway that limits the induction of proinflammatory CD4(+) T cells that require IL-6 for their development. ..
- Ohshiro T, Yagami T, Zhang C, Matsuzaki F. Role of cortical tumour-suppressor proteins in asymmetric division of Drosophila neuroblast. Nature. 2000;408:593-6 pubmed..Thus, Lgl and Dlg act in a common process that differentially mediates cortical protein targeting in mitotic neuroblasts, and that creates intrinsic differences between daughter cells. ..
- Wakamatsu Y, Endo Y, Osumi N, Weston J. Multiple roles of Sox2, an HMG-box transcription factor in avian neural crest development. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:74-86 pubmed..Developmental Dynamics 229:74-86, 2004. ..
- Kanaya T, Miyazawa K, Takakura I, Itani W, Watanabe K, Ohwada S, et al. Differentiation of a murine intestinal epithelial cell line (MIE) toward the M cell lineage. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G273-84 pubmed publisher..We report here that MIE cells have the potential ability to differentiate into M cells and that this differentiation required activated T cells and B cells. ..
- Sasano H. [Changes in the concept of neuroendocrine tumor]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2009;36:1602-5 pubmed
- Chiba E, Tomosada Y, Vizoso Pinto M, Salva S, Takahashi T, Tsukida K, et al. Immunobiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus improves resistance of infant mice against respiratory syncytial virus infection. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;17:373-82 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that modulation of the common mucosal immune system by immunobiotics could favor protective immunity against respiratory viral pathogens with a high attack rate in early infancy, such as RSV. ..
- Inoue A, Fujiwara T, Okitsu Y, Katsuoka Y, Fukuhara N, Onishi Y, et al. Elucidation of the role of LMO2 in human erythroid cells. Exp Hematol. 2013;41:1062-76.e1 pubmed publisher..LMO2 contributes to GATA-1 target gene expression by affecting assembly of the GATA-SCL/TAL1 complex components at endogenous loci. ..
- Urano Morisawa E, Takami M, Suzawa T, Matsumoto A, Osumi N, Baba K, et al. Induction of osteoblastic differentiation of neural crest-derived stem cells from hair follicles. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174940 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NC-derived hair follicle cells possess a capacity for osteoblastic differentiation and may be useful for developing new bone regenerative medicine therapies. ..
- Morita T, Amagai A, Maeda Y. Unique behavior of a dictyostelium homologue of TRAP-1, coupling with differentiation of D. discoideum cells. Exp Cell Res. 2002;280:45-54 pubmed..The translocation of this protein raises interesting and fundamental questions regarding possible mechanisms by which Dd-TRAP1 is involved in cellular differentiation. ..
- He M, Kubo H, Ishizawa K, Hegab A, Yamamoto Y, Yamamoto H, et al. The role of the receptor for advanced glycation end-products in lung fibrosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L1427-36 pubmed..Our results suggested that RAGE contributes to bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis through EMT and profibrotic cytokine production. Thus, RAGE may be a new therapeutic target for pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Mori Y, Tsuji S, Inui M, Sakamoto Y, Endo S, Ito Y, et al. Inhibitory immunoglobulin-like receptors LILRB and PIR-B negatively regulate osteoclast development. J Immunol. 2008;181:4742-51 pubmed..Modulation of these regulatory receptors may be a novel way to control various skeletal system disorders and inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Watanabe T, Masamune A, Kikuta K, Hirota M, Kume K, Satoh K, et al. Bone marrow contributes to the population of pancreatic stellate cells in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G1138-46 pubmed publisher..The contribution of BM-derived cells to pancreatic ductal cells (positive for cytokeratin-19) was rare and less than 1%. In conclusion, our results suggested that BM-derived cells contributed to the population of PSCs in mice. ..
- Wang Z, Sugano E, Isago H, Murayama N, Tamai M, Tomita H. Notch signaling pathway regulates proliferation and differentiation of immortalized Müller cells under hypoxic conditions in vitro. Neuroscience. 2012;214:171-80 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the Notch signaling pathway regulates hypoxia-induced proliferation and differentiation of Müller glia. ..
- Miyake M, Takahashi H, Kitagawa E, Watanabe H, Sakurada T, Aso H, et al. AMPK activation by AICAR inhibits myogenic differentiation and myostatin expression in cattle. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;349:615-23 pubmed publisher..However, simultaneous treatment with AICAR blocked this effect of SB431542. Therefore, AMPK activation inhibits myogenic differentiation but may suppress MSTN expression to balance muscle development. ..
- Shiozaki K, Harasaki Y, Fukuda M, Yoshinaga A, Ryuzono S, Chigwechokha P, et al. Positive regulation of myoblast differentiation by medaka Neu3b sialidase through gangliosides desialylation. Biochimie. 2016;123:65-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Neu3b sialidase is a positive regulator for myoblast differentiation, similar with mammalian cytosolic sialidase Neu2. ..
- Tsuji K, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Obinata M. Mammalian antioxidant protein complements alkylhydroperoxide reductase (ahpC) mutation in Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 1995;307 ( Pt 2):377-81 pubmed..Sequence comparisons with recently cloned mammalian Aop1 homologues suggest that these genes consist of a family that is responsible for regulation of cellular proliferation, differentiation and antioxidant functions. ..
- Wong W, Nakazato M, Watanabe T, Kohu K, Ogata T, Yoshida N, et al. Over-expression of Runx1 transcription factor impairs the development of thymocytes from the double-negative to double-positive stages. Immunology. 2010;130:243-53 pubmed publisher..Our collective results indicate that production of the distal Runx1 protein must be adequately down-regulated for thymocytes to transit from the DN to the DP stage, a critical step in the massive expansion of the T-cell lineage. ..
- Muto A, Ochiai K, Kimura Y, Itoh Nakadai A, Calame K, Ikebe D, et al. Bach2 represses plasma cell gene regulatory network in B cells to promote antibody class switch. EMBO J. 2010;29:4048-61 pubmed publisher..Reduction in mature B-cell numbers in Bach2(-/-) mice was not rescued by Blimp-1 ablation, indicating that Bach2 regulates B-cell differentiation and function through Blimp-1-dependent and -independent GRNs. ..
- Liu J, Saito K, Maruya Y, Nakamura T, Yamada A, Fukumoto E, et al. Mutant GDF5 enhances ameloblast differentiation via accelerated BMP2-induced Smad1/5/8 phosphorylation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23670 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mutant GDF5 enhances ameloblast differentiation via accelerated BMP2-signalling. ..
- Nagai T, Harigae H, Ishihara H, Motohashi H, Minegishi N, Tsuchiya S, et al. Transcription factor GATA-2 is expressed in erythroid, early myeloid, and CD34+ human leukemia-derived cell lines. Blood. 1994;84:1074-84 pubmed
- Itoh K, Igarashi K, Hayashi N, Nishizawa M, Yamamoto M. Cloning and characterization of a novel erythroid cell-derived CNC family transcription factor heterodimerizing with the small Maf family proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4184-93 pubmed..In a transfection assay, ECH transactivates transcription depending on the presence of NF-E2 sites on the reporter gene plasmid. These results indicate that ECH is likely a key regulator of avian erythropoiesis. ..
- Nakagawa T, Abe M, Yamazaki T, Miyashita H, Niwa H, Kokubun S, et al. HEX acts as a negative regulator of angiogenesis by modulating the expression of angiogenesis-related gene in endothelial cells in vitro. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003;23:231-7 pubmed..Our present results suggest that HEX may not affect the differentiation of ECs but acts as a negative regulator of angiogenesis. ..
- Okamura D, Tokitake Y, Niwa H, Matsui Y. Requirement of Oct3/4 function for germ cell specification. Dev Biol. 2008;317:576-84 pubmed publisher..In the presence of Dox, Oct3/4 protein was absent in the nuclei of the ES-derived cells, which failed to form PGCs. In contrast, the ES-derived cells could be specified to PGCs after activation of Oct3/4 function in the presence of Dex. ..
- Tsukiji N, Nishihara D, Yajima I, Takeda K, Shibahara S, Yamamoto H. Mitf functions as an in ovo regulator for cell differentiation and proliferation during development of the chick RPE. Dev Biol. 2009;326:335-46 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time "in vivo" that Mitf uniquely regulates both differentiation and cell proliferation in the developing RPE. ..
- Nemoto E, Ebe Y, Kanaya S, Tsuchiya M, Nakamura T, Tamura M, et al. Wnt5a signaling is a substantial constituent in bone morphogenetic protein-2-mediated osteoblastogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;422:627-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that Wnt5a/Ror2 signaling appears to be involved in BMP-2-mediated osteoblast differentiation in a Smad independent pathway. ..
- Takeda I, Ine S, Killeen N, Ndhlovu L, Murata K, Satomi S, et al. Distinct roles for the OX40-OX40 ligand interaction in regulatory and nonregulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2004;172:3580-9 pubmed
- Shinohara M, Koga T, Okamoto K, Sakaguchi S, Arai K, Yasuda H, et al. Tyrosine kinases Btk and Tec regulate osteoclast differentiation by linking RANK and ITAM signals. Cell. 2008;132:794-806 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study reveals the importance of the osteoclastogenic signaling complex composed of tyrosine kinases, which may provide the molecular basis for a new therapeutic strategy...
- Miyazaki T, Miyauchi S, Tawada A, Anada T, Matsuzaka S, Suzuki O. Oversulfated chondroitin sulfate-E binds to BMP-4 and enhances osteoblast differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:769-77 pubmed publisher..These results in the present study indicate that oversulfated CS, which possesses 4,6-disulfates in N-acetyl-galactosamine, binds to BMP-4 and promotes osteoblast differentiation and subsequent mineralization. ..
- Miyake M, Hayashi S, Iwasaki S, Uchida T, Watanabe K, Ohwada S, et al. TIEG1 negatively controls the myoblast pool indispensable for fusion during myogenic differentiation of C2C12 cells. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1128-36 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TIEG1 is a negative regulator of the myoblast pool that causes inhibition of myotube formation during myogenic differentiation. ..
- Yamamoto T, Matsui Y, Natori S, Obinata M. Cloning of a housekeeping-type gene (MER5) preferentially expressed in murine erythroleukemia cells. Gene. 1989;80:337-43 pubmed..More interestingly, this promoter contained the duplicated CACCC boxes, which are common in the adult beta-globin promoter from many species, but uncommon for promoters of other eukaryotic genes. ..
- Ozawa S, Yasutani I, Fukuda H, Komamine A, Sugiyama M. Organogenic responses in tissue culture of srd mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 1998;125:135-42 pubmed..Linkage analysis using RFLP markers indicated that SRD1, SRD2, and SRD3 are located at the lower region, the central region, and the upper region of chromosome 1, respectively. ..
- Akiyama S, Yonezawa T, Kudo T, Li M, Wang H, Ito M, et al. Activation mechanism of c-Jun amino-terminal kinase in the course of neural differentiation of P19 embryonic carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36616-20 pubmed..These results suggest that two distinct TAK1-MKK4-JNK signaling pathways are independently activated at the different intracellular locations and may participate in the regulation of the neural differentiation of P19 cells. ..
- Nakagawa S, Ohtani T, Mizuashi M, Mollah Z, Ito Y, Tagami H, et al. p38 Mitogen-Activated protein kinase mediates dual role of ultraviolet B radiation in induction of maturation and apoptosis of monocyte-derived dendritic cells. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:361-70 pubmed..Thus, our study revealed a dual effect of UVB, to stimulate maturation or to induce apoptosis in MoDC, depending on the dosage, via p38 MAPK pathway. ..
- Kumamoto H, Ooya K. Detection of mitochondria-mediated apoptosis signaling molecules in ameloblastomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 2005;34:565-72 pubmed