Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Locale: Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Publications710 found, 100 shown here
- Kaneko I, Hishinuma T, Suzuki K, Owada Y, Kitanaka N, Kondo H, et al. Prostaglandin F(2alpha) regulates cytokine responses of mast cells through the receptors for prostaglandin E. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:590-6 pubmed publisher..The present study provides an insight into a novel function of PGF(2alpha), i.e., an autocrine accelerator for mast cell activation. ..
- Hirose T, Mori N, Totsune K, Morimoto R, Maejima T, Kawamura T, et al. Increased expression of (pro)renin receptor in the remnant kidneys of 5/6 nephrectomized rats. Regul Pept. 2010;159:93-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the intra-renal (P)RR expression is increased in the remnant kidneys of 5/6 nephrectomized rats, and suggest that (P)RR may contribute to the renal injury. ..
- Ohgo S, Itoh A, Suzuki M, Satoh A, Yokoyama H, Tamura K. Analysis of hoxa11 and hoxa13 expression during patternless limb regeneration in Xenopus. Dev Biol. 2010;338:148-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that appropriate spatial, temporal, and quantitative gene expression is necessary for pattern regeneration by blastema cells...
- Kato S, Sato K, Chida H, Roh S, Ohwada S, Sato S, et al. Effects of Na-butyrate supplementation in milk formula on plasma concentrations of GH and insulin, and on rumen papilla development in calves. J Endocrinol. 2011;211:241-8 pubmed publisher..These data could be applicable to animal and human nutrition. ..
- Ohsawa Y, Hirasawa N. The antagonism of histamine H1 and H4 receptors ameliorates chronic allergic dermatitis via anti-pruritic and anti-inflammatory effects in NC/Nga mice. Allergy. 2012;67:1014-22 pubmed publisher..Combined treatment with H1R and H4R antagonists may have a significant therapeutic effect on chronic dermatitis through the synergistic inhibition of pruritus and skin inflammation. ..
- Yatsu A, Ohbayashi N, Tamura K, Fukuda M. Syntaxin-3 is required for melanosomal localization of Tyrp1 in melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2237-46 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that the SNARE machinery composed of VAMP7 on Tyrp1-containing vesicles and syntaxin-3 and SNAP23 on melanosomes regulates Tyrp1 trafficking to the melanosome in melanocytes. ..
- Sakurai A, Koganezawa M, Yasunaga K, Emoto K, Yamamoto D. Select interneuron clusters determine female sexual receptivity in Drosophila. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1825 pubmed publisher..We propose that spin-mediated mechanistic target of rapamycin signal transduction in these neurons is essential for females to accept the courting male. ..
- Kikkawa T, Obayashi T, Takahashi M, Fukuzaki Dohi U, Numayama Tsuruta K, Osumi N. Dmrta1 regulates proneural gene expression downstream of Pax6 in the mammalian telencephalon. Genes Cells. 2013;18:636-49 pubmed publisher..Our novel findings suggest that dual regulation of proneural genes mediated by Pax6 and Dmrt family members is crucial for cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Tsutsui K, Hosokawa T, Yamada M, Iijima T. Representation of Functional Category in the Monkey Prefrontal Cortex and Its Rule-Dependent Use for Behavioral Selection. J Neurosci. 2016;36:3038-48 pubmed publisher..Such neural computation can be considered as the neural background of flexible behavioral control based on category and rule. ..
- Tada S, Kobayashi T, Omori A, Kusa Y, Okumura N, Kodaira H, et al. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding mouse DNA helicase B, which has homology to Escherichia coli RecD protein, and identification of a mutation in the DNA helicase B from tsFT848 temperature-sensitive DNA replication mutant cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:3835-40 pubmed..The cDNA encoding DNA helicase B from tsFT848 was sequenced and a mutation was found between DNA/RNA helicase motifs IV and V. ..
- Sogawa K, Numayama Tsuruta K, Takahashi T, Matsushita N, Miura C, Nikawa J, et al. A novel induction mechanism of the rat CYP1A2 gene mediated by Ah receptor-Arnt heterodimer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;318:746-55 pubmed..A dominant negative mutant of the AhR to XRE activated the enhancer. Collectively, these results demonstrate that a novel induction mechanism is present in which the AhR-Arnt heterodimer functions as a coactivator. ..
- Endo H, Miura M, Hirose M, Takahashi J, Nakano M, Wakayama Y, et al. Reduced inotropic effect of nifekalant in failing hearts in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;318:1102-7 pubmed
- Han F, Shioda N, Moriguchi S, Qin Z, Fukunaga K. The vanadium (IV) compound rescues septo-hippocampal cholinergic neurons from neurodegeneration in olfactory bulbectomized mice. Neuroscience. 2008;151:671-9 pubmed publisher..The neuroprotective effect of VO(OPT) could lead to novel therapeutic strategies to ameliorate cognitive deficits associated with cholinergic neuron degeneration in Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Nakatani Y, Matsumoto Y, Mori Y, Hirashima D, Nishino H, Arikawa K, et al. Why the carrot is more effective than the stick: different dynamics of punishment memory and reward memory and its possible biological basis. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2009;92:370-80 pubmed publisher..The possible adaptive significance of relatively limited durability of punishment memory is proposed...
- Tanaka M, Ishii K, Nakamura Y, Miyazato A, Maki A, Abe Y, et al. Toll-like receptor 9-dependent activation of bone marrow-derived dendritic cells by URA5 DNA from Cryptococcus neoformans. Infect Immun. 2012;80:778-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the C. neoformans URA5 gene activates BM-DCs through a TLR9-mediated signaling pathway, using a mechanism possibly independent of the canonical CpG motif. ..
- Watanabe N, Itoh K, Mogi M, Fujinami Y, Shimizu D, Hashimoto H, et al. Circadian pacemaker in the suprachiasmatic nuclei of teleost fish revealed by rhythmic period2 expression. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;178:400-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, flounder would be a good model for understanding the rhythmicity of marine fish. Our findings open a new frontier for investigating the role of the SCN in teleost circadian rhythms. ..
- Takeshita T, Arita T, Higuchi M, Asao H, Endo K, Kuroda H, et al. STAM, signal transducing adaptor molecule, is associated with Janus kinases and involved in signaling for cell growth and c-myc induction. Immunity. 1997;6:449-57 pubmed..These results strongly implicate STAM in the signaling pathways for cell growth and c-myc induction immediately downstream of the Jaks associated with the cytokine receptors. ..
- Kawai Y, Kemperman R, Kok J, Saito T. The circular bacteriocins gassericin A and circularin A. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2004;5:393-8 pubmed..Gassericin A and circularin A have limited mutual similarity in their primary sequences. Unlike most bacteriocins, including gassericin A, circularin A has a three-amino-acid-leader sequence...
- Yamaguchi H, Morita T, Amagai A, Maeda Y. Changes in spatial and temporal localization of Dictyostelium homologues of TRAP1 and GRP94 revealed by immunoelectron microscopy. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:415-24 pubmed..Incidentally, we also have certified that the glucose-regulated protein 94 (Dd-GRP94) is predominantly located in Golgi vesicles and cisternae, followed by its colocalization with Dd-TRAP1 in the PSV. ..
- Zhang Y, Furuyama K, Adachi T, Ishikawa K, Matsumoto H, Masuda T, et al. Hypoxemia and attenuated hypoxic ventilatory responses in mice lacking heme oxygenase-2: evidence for a novel role of heme oxygenase-2 as an oxygen sensor. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2006;580:161-6; discussion 351-9 pubmed
- Han F, Shirasaki Y, Fukunaga K. Microsphere embolism-induced endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression mediates disruption of the blood-brain barrier in rat brain. J Neurochem. 2006;99:97-106 pubmed..Taken together with previous evidence in which DY-9760e inhibited brain edema, ME-induced eNOS expression in vascular endothelial cells likely mediates BBB disruption and, in turn, brain edema. ..
- Yoshizumi S, Suzuki S, Hirai M, Hinokio Y, Yamada T, Yamada T, et al. Increased hepatic expression of ganglioside-specific sialidase, NEU3, improves insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance in mice. Metabolism. 2007;56:420-9 pubmed..Our findings also provide further evidence that NEU3 is an important regulator of insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance. ..
- Asai N, Abe T, Saito T, Sato H, Ishiguro S, Nishida K. Temporal and spatial differences in expression of TrkB isoforms in rat retina during constant light exposure. Exp Eye Res. 2007;85:346-55 pubmed..These results suggest that BDNF transduces the signals using appropriate receptor isoforms that are expressed temporally and spatially differentially on Mueller cells during light-induced retinal degeneration. ..
- Tanabe K, Kon S, Ichijo N, Funaki T, Natsume W, Watanabe T, et al. A SMAP gene family encoding ARF GTPase-activating proteins and its implication in membrane trafficking. Methods Enzymol. 2008;438:155-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, a yeast two-hybrid system is described because of its utility in identifying novel molecules that interact with SMAP. ..
- Yaginuma Sakurai K, Murata K, Shimada M, Nakai K, Kurokawa N, Kameo S, et al. Intervention study on cardiac autonomic nervous effects of methylmercury from seafood. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2010;32:240-5 pubmed publisher..Rather, long-term exposure to methylmercury may pose a potential risk for cardiac events involving sympathovagal imbalance among fish-consuming populations...
- Yamashiro H, Toyomizu M, Kikusato M, Toyama N, Sugimura S, Hoshino Y, et al. Lactate and adenosine triphosphate in the extender enhance the cryosurvival of rat epididymal sperm. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2010;49:160-6 pubmed..85 mM ATP increases of number of motile sperm before freezing and enhances the cryosurvival of rat sperm. These supplements to the extender may enhance sperm cryosurvival by improving the metabolic capacity of sperm before freezing. ..
- Miyazaki T, Miyauchi S, Tawada A, Anada T, Suzuki O. Effect of chondroitin sulfate-E on the osteoclastic differentiation of RAW264 cells. Dent Mater J. 2010;29:403-10 pubmed..CS-E may have a potential in treating bone defect if combined with CaP materials. ..
- Ikeda R, Nakaya K, Oshima H, Oshima T, Kawase T, Kobayashi T. Effect of aspiration of perilymph during stapes surgery on the endocochlear potential of guinea pig. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011;145:801-5 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the mechanism of acute phase change in cochlear function caused by aspiration of the opened oval window...
- Obara Y, Ueno S, Yanagihata Y, Nakahata N. Lysophosphatidylinositol causes neurite retraction via GPR55, G13 and RhoA in PC12 cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24284 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LPI, and not cannabinoids, causes neurite retraction in differentiated PC12 cells via a GPR55, G(13) and RhoA signaling pathway. ..
- Kashiwadate T, Miyagi S, Hara Y, Akamatsu Y, Kawagishi N, Sekiguchi S, et al. Recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin (ART-123) prevents warm ischemia-reperfusion injury in liver grafts from non-heart-beating donors. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:369-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that thrombomodulin may improve the viability of liver grafts from NHBDs. ..
- Takasawa S, Tohgo A, Unno M, Shiga K, Yonekura H, Okamoto H. The primary structure of rat rig/ribosomal protein S15 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1132:228-30 pubmed..The rat rig/S15 gene is composed of four exons and three introns spanning 2 kbp and exhibits distinctive structural features unique for a ribosomal protein gene. ..
- Sasaki Y, Ishii K, Nunoki K, Yamagishi T, Taira N. The voltage-dependent K+ channel (Kv1.5) cloned from rabbit heart and facilitation of inactivation of the delayed rectifier current by the rat beta subunit. FEBS Lett. 1995;372:20-4 pubmed..When expressed in Xenopus oocytes, RBKV1.5 current showed a delayed rectifier type characteristics, which was converted to rapidly inactivating currents upon coexpression with a beta subunit. ..
- Takeuchi K, Abe T, Takahashi N, Abe K. Molecular cloning and intrarenal localization of rat prostaglandin E2 receptor EP3 subtype. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;194:885-91 pubmed
- Degawa M, Arai H, Kubota M, Hashimoto Y. Ionic lead, but not other ionic metals (Ni2+, Co2+ and Cd2+), suppresses 2-methoxy-4-aminoazobenzene-mediated cytochrome P450IA2 (CYP1A2) induction in rat liver. Biol Pharm Bull. 1995;18:1215-8 pubmed..The level of CYP1A2 induced with 2-MeO-AAB was decreased along with increase in that of the induced GST-P...
- Kagayama M, Sasano Y, Zhu J, Hirata M, Mizoguchi I, Kamakura S. Epithelial rests colocalize with cementoblasts forming acellular cementum but not with cementoblasts forming cellular cementum. Acta Anat (Basel). 1998;163:1-9 pubmed..The present results suggest that the epithelial rests and/or the discontinuous basement membrane of them may have a role for the acellular cementum formation at least in the early stage of root formation. ..
- Koyama T. Molecular analysis of prenyl chain elongating enzymes. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1999;63:1671-6 pubmed
- Nagata K, Yamazoe Y. Pharmacogenetics of sulfotransferase. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2000;40:159-76 pubmed..Genetic polymorphisms are observed on such human sulfotransferases as ST1A2, ST1A3, and ST2A3. ..
- Itoh Y, Hori T, Saitoh H, Mizuno S. Chicken spindlin genes on W and Z chromosomes: transcriptional expression of both genes and dynamic behavior of spindlin in interphase and mitotic cells. Chromosome Res. 2001;9:283-99 pubmed..The localization of spindlin in ND10 reappeared after mitosis in daughter cell nuclei. A C-terminal region of spindlin was suggested to be required for the localization of spindlin to ND10. ..
- Funayama H, Mayanagi H, Takada H, Endo Y. Inflammatory reactions in extraoral tissues in mice after intragingival injection of lipopolysaccharide. J Infect Dis. 2001;184:1566-71 pubmed..It also may influence the pathogenesis of some systemic diseases. ..
- Hoshida T, Sunamura M, Duda D, Egawa S, Miyazaki S, Shineha R, et al. Gene therapy for pancreatic cancer using an adenovirus vector encoding soluble flt-1 vascular endothelial growth factor receptor. Pancreas. 2002;25:111-21 pubmed..These results indicate that antiangiogenic gene therapy using soluble flt-1 might be an effective approach for pancreatic cancer treatment. ..
- Igarashi J, Sato A, Kitagawa T, Sagami I, Shimizu T. CO binding study of mouse heme-regulated eIF-2alpha kinase: kinetics and resonance Raman spectra. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1650:99-104 pubmed..Resonance Raman spectra suggest that the Fe-C-O adopts an almost linear and upright structure and that the bound CO interacts only weakly with nearby amino acid residues. ..
- Numasaki M, Watanabe M, Suzuki T, Takahashi H, Nakamura A, McAllister F, et al. IL-17 enhances the net angiogenic activity and in vivo growth of human non-small cell lung cancer in SCID mice through promoting CXCR-2-dependent angiogenesis. J Immunol. 2005;175:6177-89 pubmed
- Sakagami H, Kamata A, Fukunaga K, Kondo H. Functional assay of EFA6A, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), in dendritic formation of hippocampal neurons. Methods Enzymol. 2005;404:232-42 pubmed..This reliable and consistent neuronal transfection method will also be applicable for the vector-based RNA interference method. ..
- Teramoto H, Ishii A, Kimura Y, Hasegawa K, Nakazawa S, Nakamura T, et al. Action spectrum for expression of the high intensity light-inducible Lhc-like gene Lhl4 in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:419-25 pubmed..However, the hypersensitivity to near UV-B light suggests the involvement of an unidentified UV light perception system in the expression of the Lhl4 gene. ..
- Mujahid A, Akiba Y, Warden C, Toyomizu M. Sequential changes in superoxide production, anion carriers and substrate oxidation in skeletal muscle mitochondria of heat-stressed chickens. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3461-7 pubmed..These results suggest that overproduction of mitochondrial ROS in chicken skeletal muscle under the heat stress might result from enhanced substrate oxidation and downregulation of avUCP in a time-dependent manner. ..
- Kon S, Tanabe K, Watanabe T, Sabe H, Satake M. Clathrin dependent endocytosis of E-cadherin is regulated by the Arf6GAP isoform SMAP1. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:1415-28 pubmed publisher..This activity of SMAP1 in E-cadherin turnover may be involved in epithelial organization and/or epithelial-mesenchymal transition. ..
- Kikuchi H, Sekiya M, Katou Y, Ueda K, Kabeya T, Kurata S, et al. Revised structure and synthesis of celastramycin a, a potent innate immune suppressor. Org Lett. 2009;11:1693-5 pubmed publisher..Compound 2 suppressed the production of IL-8 (IC(50) 0.06 microg/mL) in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). ..
- Igarashi K, Dohi Y. [Transcriptional regulation of cellular senescence]. Seikagaku. 2009;81:502-10 pubmed
- Murakami Y, Honda Y, Anada T, Shimauchi H, Suzuki O. Comparative study on bone regeneration by synthetic octacalcium phosphate with various granule sizes. Acta Biomater. 2010;6:1542-8 pubmed publisher..It seems likely that the enhancement of bone formation by OCP is accompanied by simultaneous activation of osteoclastic resorption of OCP. ..
- Fukiya K, Itoh K, Yamaguchi S, Kishiba A, Adachi M, Watanabe N, et al. A single amino acid substitution confers high cinchonidine oxidation activity comparable with that of rabbit to monkey aldehyde oxidase 1. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:302-7 pubmed publisher..However, this might be true for bulky substrates such as cinchonidine but not for small substrates. The mechanism of substrate-dependent species differences in AOX1 activity toward bulky substrates is discussed. ..
- Sato N, Oizumi T, Kinbara M, Sato T, Funayama H, Sato S, et al. Promotion of arthritis and allergy in mice by aminoglycoglycerophospholipid, a membrane antigen specific to Mycoplasma fermentans. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2010;59:33-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GGPL-III may play roles in some types of chronic diseases via the innate immune system...
- Sugano E, Isago H, Wang Z, Murayama N, Tamai M, Tomita H. Immune responses to adeno-associated virus type 2 encoding channelrhodopsin-2 in a genetically blind rat model for gene therapy. Gene Ther. 2011;18:266-74 pubmed publisher..These findings will help studies of ChR2 gene transfer to restore vision in progressed retinitis pigmentosa. ..
- Shioda N, Beppu H, Fukuda T, Li E, Kitajima I, Fukunaga K. Aberrant calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) activity is associated with abnormal dendritic spine morphology in the ATRX mutant mouse brain. J Neurosci. 2011;31:346-58 pubmed publisher..Such morphological changes plus elevated Rac1-GEF/PAK signaling seen in ATRX(?E2) mice may contribute to mental retardation syndromes seen in human patients. ..
- Souma T, Abe M, Moriguchi T, Takai J, Yanagisawa Miyazawa N, Shibata E, et al. Luminal alkalinization attenuates proteinuria-induced oxidative damage in proximal tubular cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:635-48 pubmed publisher..Overall, these observations suggest that luminal acidity aggravates proteinuria-induced tubular damage and that modulation of this acidic environment may hold potential as a therapeutic target for proteinuric kidney disease. ..
- Yanai K, Zhang D, Tashiro M, Yoshikawa T, Naganuma F, Harada R, et al. Positron emission tomography evaluation of sedative properties of antihistamines. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2011;10:613-22 pubmed publisher..Therapy with antihistamines can be better guided by considering histamine H(1) receptor occupancy from the view of their sedative properties. ..
- Slocum S, Skoko J, Wakabayashi N, Aja S, Yamamoto M, Kensler T, et al. Keap1/Nrf2 pathway activation leads to a repressed hepatic gluconeogenic and lipogenic program in mice on a high-fat diet. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;591:57-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, increased Keap1/Nrf2 signaling in the liver is accompanied by repressed gluconeogenesis and lipogenesis that can, at least partially, explain the ameliorated diabetic phenotype in the Keap1-hypo mice. ..
- Izumi H, Karita K. Vasodilator responses following intracranial stimulation of the trigeminal, facial and glossopharyngeal nerves in the cat gingiva. Brain Res. 1991;560:71-5 pubmed
- Takao M, Kobayashi T, Oikawa A, Yasui A. Tandem arrangement of photolyase and superoxide dismutase genes in Halobacterium halobium. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:6323-9 pubmed..Northern (RNA) hybridization analysis of H. halobium RNA revealed the existence of three transcripts, one of which covered all three ORFs, indicating that photolyase and superoxide dismutase are partly cotranscribed in this bacterium. ..
- Fujimura Y, Iwashita M, Matsuzaki F, Yamamoto T. MDGA1, an IgSF molecule containing a MAM domain, heterophilically associates with axon- and muscle-associated binding partners through distinct structural domains. Brain Res. 2006;1101:12-9 pubmed..Interestingly, MDGA1 also interacts with differentiating muscle through its N-terminal region, which contains Ig domains. These results suggest that MDGA1 functions in MDGA1-expressing nerves en route to and at their target site. ..
- Zhang M, Mori S, Date F, Furukawa H, Ono M. A non-major histocompatibility locus determines tissue specificity in the pathogenic process underlying synovial proliferation in a mouse arthropathy model. Ann Rheum Dis. 2007;66:242-5 pubmed..Here the coincidence of synovial proliferation and ankylosis in the descendent F(2) mice is reported...
- Dong Y, Seki M, Yoshimura A, Inoue E, Furukawa S, Tada S, et al. WRN functions in a RAD18-dependent damage avoidance pathway. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1080-3 pubmed..Moreover, the cisplatin sensitivity of RAD18(-/-) cells was slightly suppressed by disruption of WRN. These data suggest that WRN functions in a pathway involving RAD18 under damage-inducing conditions. ..
- Tamura K, Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Kanno E, Itoh T, Fukuda M. Varp is a novel Rab32/38-binding protein that regulates Tyrp1 trafficking in melanocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2900-8 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose that Varp functions as the Rab32/38 effector that controls trafficking of Tyrp1 in melanocytes. ..
- Sato S, Miura H, Yamamoto H, Takeuchi T. Identification of nuclear factors that bind to the mouse tyrosinase gene regulatory region. Pigment Cell Res. 1994;7:279-84 pubmed
- Makabe Kobayashi Y, Hori Y, Adachi T, Ishigaki Suzuki S, Kikuchi Y, Kagaya Y, et al. The control effect of histamine on body temperature and respiratory function in IgE-dependent systemic anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002;110:298-303 pubmed
- Sueta T, Miyoshi I, Okamura T, Kasai N. Experimental eradication of pinworms (Syphacia obvelata and Aspiculuris tetraptera) from mice colonies using ivermectin. Exp Anim. 2002;51:367-73 pubmed..Treating mouse colonies with spray ivermectin is inexpensive, safe, requires very little labor and is very effective at eradicating pinworms from mice...
- Jiang J, Macchiarelli G, Miyabayashi K, Sato E. Follicular microvasculature in the porcine ovary. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;310:93-101 pubmed..The present observations indicate that follicular vascular baskets of diverse sizes and architecture in various developmental stages support the gradual increase of follicular blood flow during follicle growth in the pig. ..
- Saigo Y, Abe T, Hojo M, Tomita H, Sugano E, Tamai M. Transplantation of transduced retinal pigment epithelium in rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:1996-2004 pubmed..RPE transduced with Axokine or bFGF, in contrast to RPE transduced with BDNF, stimulate an immunologic reaction of the host. ..
- Sato T, Nakamura H. The Fgf8 signal causes cerebellar differentiation by activating the Ras-ERK signaling pathway. Development. 2004;131:4275-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that the presumptive metencephalon receives a strong Fgf8 signal that activates the Ras-ERK pathway and differentiates into the cerebellum. ..
- Sakurada S, Watanabe H, Mizoguchi H, Yonezawa A, Orito T, Katsuyama S, et al. Involvement of the histaminergic system in the nociceptin-induced pain-related behaviors in the mouse spinal cord. Pain. 2004;112:171-82 pubmed
- Yonezawa T, Haga S, Kobayashi Y, Takahashi T, Obara Y. Visfatin is present in bovine mammary epithelial cells, lactating mammary gland and milk, and its expression is regulated by cAMP pathway. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6635-43 pubmed..5-250 nM) for 24 h. These results indicate that mammary epithelial cells express the visfatin protein and secrete them into the milk. ..
- Roudkenar M, Kuwahara Y, Baba T, Roushandeh A, Ebishima S, Abe S, et al. Oxidative stress induced lipocalin 2 gene expression: addressing its expression under the harmful conditions. J Radiat Res. 2007;48:39-44 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that Lcn2 expression is induced by reactive oxygen species. Therefore, Lcn2 could be a useful biomarker to identify oxidative stress both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Yokose J, Ishizuka T, Yoshida T, Aoki J, Koyanagi Y, Yawo H. Lineage analysis of newly generated neurons in organotypic culture of rat hippocampus. Neurosci Res. 2011;69:223-33 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that the newly generated neurons differentiate to mature dentate granule cells in the slice culture once they have survived over this critical traceability period. ..
- Honda M, Muroi Y, Tamaki Y, Saigusa D, Suzuki N, Tomioka Y, et al. Functional characterization of CYP2B6 allelic variants in demethylation of antimalarial artemether. Drug Metab Dispos. 2011;39:1860-5 pubmed publisher..14, CYP2B6.20 and CYP2B6.27) exhibited significantly lower V(max) compared with that of CYP2B6.1. This functional analysis of CYP2B6 variants could provide useful information for individualization of antimalarial drug therapy. ..
- Giriwono P, Shirakawa H, Ohsaki Y, Hata S, Kuriyama H, Sato S, et al. Dietary supplementation with geranylgeraniol suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation via inhibition of nuclear factor-?B activation in rats. Eur J Nutr. 2013;52:1191-9 pubmed publisher..GGOH significantly modulated NF-?B signaling molecules, inhibiting its signal transduction and activation in the liver, thus protecting against liver damage. ..
- Yamashita M, Sakakibara Y, Hall F, Numachi Y, Yoshida S, Kobayashi H, et al. Impaired cliff avoidance reaction in dopamine transporter knockout mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013;227:741-9 pubmed publisher..Blockade of monoamine transporters, especially the norepinephrine transporter (NET) in the prefrontal cortex (PFC), may contribute to pharmacological improvement of impulsivity in these mice. ..
- Yagishita Y, Fukutomi T, Sugawara A, Kawamura H, Takahashi T, Pi J, et al. Nrf2 protects pancreatic ?-cells from oxidative and nitrosative stress in diabetic model mice. Diabetes. 2014;63:605-18 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Nrf2 induction prevents RS damage in pancreatic ?-cells and that the Keap1-Nrf2 system is the crucial defense pathway for the physiological and pathological protection of pancreatic ?-cells. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Okada K, Mizuno T, Ota T, Yamada H, Doi M, et al. Real-Time Recording of Circadian Per1 and Per2 Expression in the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus of Freely Moving Rats. J Biol Rhythms. 2016;31:108-11 pubmed publisher..Studies of in vivo transcriptional states of clock genes in freely moving animals should improve our understanding of how clock gene expression is reflected in behavior. ..
- Sato C, Ito S, Takeuchi T. Enhancement of pheomelanogenesis by L-dopa in the mouse melanocyte cell line, TM10, in vitro. J Cell Sci. 1987;87 ( Pt 4):507-12 pubmed..2mM-L-dopa, an increase in the number of pheomelanosomes was observed in the cytoplasm of TM10 cells. Our results also suggest that the L-dopa treatment results in a decrease in tyrosinase activity per melanosome...
- Kondo T, Horikoshi A, Fujimura S, Matsumura Y, Okada Y, Shimada K. Alpha-adrenergic blockade in preventing posttransplant edema of lung allograft. Tohoku J Exp Med. 1999;189:135-45 pubmed..Consequently, it was demonstrated that pulmonary edema of the graft reached its peak during first 24 to 48 hours after transplantation and was alleviated by the blockade of alpha-adrenergic receptor in the graft vessel. ..
- Kadota I, Takamura H, Sato K, Ohno A, Matsuda K, Satake M, et al. Convergent total syntheses of gambierol and 16-epi-gambierol and their biological activities. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:11893-9 pubmed..The similar transformations were carried out on the epimeric octacycle 34 to give 2, which showed no toxicity against mice at the concentration of 14 mg/kg. ..
- Watanabe Matsui M, Muto A, Matsui T, Itoh Nakadai A, Nakajima O, Murayama K, et al. Heme regulates B-cell differentiation, antibody class switch, and heme oxygenase-1 expression in B cells as a ligand of Bach2. Blood. 2011;117:5438-48 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a new function for heme as a ligand of Bach2 and as a modulatory signal involved in plasma cell differentiation. ..
- Chae S, Maeda Y. Cloning and sequence analysis of the cDNA encoding the elongation factor-1 beta of Dictyostelium discoideum. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1383:1-3 pubmed..Northern analysis showed that the DdEF-1 beta mRNA is maximally expressed during the vegetative growth phase, followed by marked decrease in response to cell differentiation induced by starvation. ..
- Matsui Y, Nagano R, Obinata M. Apoptosis of fetal testicular cells is regulated by both p53-dependent and independent mechanisms. Mol Reprod Dev. 2000;55:399-405 pubmed..In contrast, a similar number of apoptotic cells was found in fetal ovaries throughout these developmental stages. These observations indicate that p53 promotes apoptosis of fetal testicular cells after 16.5 dpc. ..
- Abe M, Nata K, Akiyama T, Shervani N, Kobayashi S, Tomioka Kumagai T, et al. Identification of a novel Reg family gene, Reg IIIdelta, and mapping of all three types of Reg family gene in a 75 kilobase mouse genomic region. Gene. 2000;246:111-22 pubmed..Possible roles of Reg IIIdelta and the widespread occurrence of the Reg IIIdelta gene in mammalian genomes are discussed. ..
- Miyashita H, Takebayashi Y, Eliason J, Fujimori F, Nitta Y, Sato A, et al. Uridine phosphorylase is a potential prognostic factor in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer. 2002;94:2959-66 pubmed..007 by the Fischer exact test) and with lower overall survival (P = 0.03 by the log-rank test). The high rate of UPase staining in biopsies from patients with oral SCC may be a prognostic marker for these individuals. ..