Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tsu, Mie, Japan
Locale: Tsu, Mie, Japan
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- Tada Oikawa S, Ichihara G, Fukatsu H, Shimanuki Y, Tanaka N, Watanabe E, et al. Titanium Dioxide Particle Type and Concentration Influence the Inflammatory Response in Caco-2 Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:576 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to determine the in vivo relevance of these findings to avoid the hazards of ingested particles. ..
- Yamada Y, Watanabe M, Murata M, Yamanaka M, Kubota Y, Ito H, et al. Impact of genetic polymorphisms of 17-hydroxylase cytochrome P-450 (CYP17) and steroid 5alpha-reductase type II (SRD5A2) genes on prostate-cancer risk among the Japanese population. Int J Cancer. 2001;92:683-6 pubmed..Regarding the A49T polymorphism of SRD5A2, we could not detect the T allele in any of the examined samples. These data suggest a significant association between the CYP17 polymorphism and prostate-cancer risk among the Japanese. ..
- Tada Oikawa S, Oikawa S, Hirayama J, Hirakawa K, Kawanishi S. DNA damage and apoptosis induced by photosensitization of 5,10,15,20-tetrakis (N-methyl-4-pyridyl)-21H,23H-porphyrin via singlet oxygen generation. Photochem Photobiol. 2009;85:1391-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results demonstrated that TMPyP was localized in the nucleus where it was photosensitized to induce DNA damage, suggesting that TMPyP may have clinical utility as a nucleus-targeted PDT. ..
- Kodama H, Yamakado K, Murashima S, Takaki H, Uraki J, Nakatsuka A, et al. Intractable bronchopleural fistula caused by radiofrequency ablation: endoscopic bronchial occlusion with silicone embolic material. Br J Radiol. 2009;82:e225-7 pubmed publisher..Despite chest drainage for 1 month, air leakage continued through a bronchopleural fistula. Bronchial occlusion was performed with a silicone embolus, causing cessation of the air leakage...
- Okamoto S, Sonoda S, Tanino G, Tomida K, Okazaki H, Kondo I. Change in thigh muscle cross-sectional area through administration of an anabolic steroid during routine stroke rehabilitation in hemiplegic patients. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2011;90:106-11 pubmed publisher..ME administration is effective for improving muscle CSA and, thus, muscle strengthening in stroke rehabilitation. The CSA increase in the ME group was most prominent in patients with a low initial FIM-M score. ..
- Saigusa S, Inoue Y, Tanaka K, Toiyama Y, Okugawa Y, Shimura T, et al. Decreased expression of DUSP4 is associated with liver and lung metastases in colorectal cancer. Med Oncol. 2013;30:620 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DUSP4 expression in colorectal cancer was negatively correlated with factors reflecting tumor progression, including distant metastases. Our data suggest that DUSP4 may act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal cancer. ..
- Wada H, Nishioka J, Kasai Y, Kato Nakazawa K, Abe Y, Morishita Y, et al. Molecular characterization of coagulation factor XII deficiency in a Japanese family. Thromb Haemost. 2003;90:59-63 pubmed..Our results suggest that the reduced secretion of FXII protein was due to incorrect folding caused by the introduction of Cys486. We designated this mutation as FXII Mie-1. ..
- Sakuma H, Suzawa N, Ichikawa Y, Makino K, Hirano T, Kitagawa K, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of stress first-pass contrast-enhanced myocardial perfusion MRI compared with stress myocardial perfusion scintigraphy. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005;185:95-102 pubmed..Stress first-pass contrast-enhanced MRI is a noninvasive technique that can be used as an alternative to stress myocardial perfusion scintigraphy. ..
- Matsumoto T, Wada H, Nobori T, Nakatani K, Onishi K, Nishikawa M, et al. Elevated plasma levels of fibrin degradation products by granulocyte-derived elastase in patients with disseminated intravascular coagulation. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2005;11:391-400 pubmed..These results suggest that GE-XDP is a potentially useful marker for the diagnosis of overt-DIC and as a predictor of organ failure-related outcome. ..
- Hoki Y, Hiraku Y, Ma N, Murata M, Matsumine A, Nagahama M, et al. iNOS-dependent DNA damage in patients with malignant fibrous histiocytoma in relation to prognosis. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:163-8 pubmed..In conclusion, 8-nitroguanine appears to participate in not only the initiation and promotion of MFH, but also in the progression of MFH, and could therefore be used as a promising biomarker to evaluate the prognosis of cancer patients. ..
- Nakanishi K, Hori H, Matsubara T, Matsuda K, Deguchi T, Komada Y. Recurrent melanotic neuroectodermal tumor in the orbit successfully treated with resection followed by pediculated periosteal flaps. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;51:430-2 pubmed publisher..In this article, we describe clinical course of recurrent MNTI in the orbit and discuss management of the tumor involving the orbit...
- Ihara T. [Evaluation of alum-adjuvanted whole virus influenza vaccine and future aspects of influenza A (H1N1) 2009 vaccine]. Uirusu. 2010;60:69-78 pubmed..Additionally, since WHO speculates (H1N1) 2009 virus could be endemic in near future, the (H1N1) 2009 virus-derived strain is included in the 2010/11 seasonal influenza vaccine. ..
- Hatada T, Wada H, Kawasugi K, Okamoto K, Uchiyama T, Kushimoto S, et al. Analysis of the cutoff values in fibrin-related markers for the diagnosis of overt DIC. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2012;18:495-500 pubmed publisher..Fibrin-related markers are therefore thought to be more useful for making a diagnosis of DIC based on infections than based on any other underlying disorders. ..
- Tanemura H, Maeda M, Ichikawa N, Miura Y, Umeda Y, Hatazaki S, et al. High-risk plaque for carotid artery stenting evaluated with 3-dimensional T1-weighted gradient echo sequence. Stroke. 2013;44:105-10 pubmed publisher..80 and 373 mm(3), respectively. Quantitative evaluation of carotid plaques using 3D T1GRE images may be useful in predicting cerebral embolism related to CAS. ..
- Usui M, Sugimoto K, Kato H, Murata Y, Tanemura A, Kuriyama N, et al. Discontinuation of Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin by Long-term Hepatitis B Vaccine Inoculation in Preventing Hepatitis B Recurrence After Liver Transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1179-83 pubmed publisher..34 to 5.2 in the patients who were HBIG-free. Long-term HBV vaccination after LT is a useful and effective treatment in preventing HBV recurrence, allowing the discontinuation of HBIG treatment. ..
- Seki M, Kimura S, Isobe T, Yoshida K, Ueno H, Nakajima Takagi Y, et al. Recurrent SPI1 (PU.1) fusions in high-risk pediatric T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1274-1281 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a unique role of SPI1 fusions in high-risk pediatric T-ALL. ..
- Nishii K, Katayama N, Maeda H, Usui E, Takemitu T, Lorenzo V F, et al. Successful treatment with low-dose splenic irradiation for massive splenomegaly in an elderly patient with hairy-cell leukemia. Eur J Haematol. 2001;67:255-7 pubmed..Here, we report an elderly Japanese HCL patient whose refractory massive splenomegaly responded well to low-dose splenic irradiation. ..
- Konishi H, Tsutsui H, Murakami T, Yumikura Futatsugi S, Yamanaka K, Tanaka M, et al. IL-18 contributes to the spontaneous development of atopic dermatitis-like inflammatory skin lesion independently of IgE/stat6 under specific pathogen-free conditions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11340-5 pubmed..Our present study might provide insight into understanding the pathogenesis of and establishing therapeutics for chronic inflammatory skin diseases including AD. ..
- Matsumoto T, Wada H, Nishioka Y, Nishio M, Abe Y, Nishioka J, et al. Frequency of abnormal biphasic aPTT clot waveforms in patients with underlying disorders associated with disseminated intravascular coagulation. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2006;12:185-92 pubmed..4% for both scores). Waveform analysis of the aPTT potentially provides a practical tool in risk assessment of critical care patients, in whom development of DIC is known to worsen the prognosis. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Takeuchi K, Majima Y. Measurement of nasal patency by acoustic rhinometry in Japanese school children. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2009;36:406-10 pubmed publisher..Height, weight, body mass were significantly higher in the boys than in the girls (p<0.01). Acoustic rhinometry is a useful method for evaluation of nasal patency in school children. ..
- Kanai M, Ishii K, Kanda H, Ogura Y, Kise H, Arima K, et al. Improvement in predicting tumorigenic phenotype of androgen-insensitive human LNCaP prostatic cancer cell subline in recombination with rat urogenital sinus mesenchyme. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:2435-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this in vivo recombination model with rUGM may be useful in developing new treatment strategies...
- Tanii H, Nishimura Y, Inoue K, Koshimizu H, Matsumoto R, Takami T, et al. Asymmetry of prefrontal cortex activities and catechol-O-methyltransferase Val158Met genotype in patients with panic disorder during a verbal fluency task: near-infrared spectroscopy study. Neurosci Lett. 2009;452:63-7 pubmed publisher
- Yasuda H, Tanaka K, Saigusa S, Toiyama Y, Koike Y, Okugawa Y, et al. Elevated CD133, but not VEGF or EGFR, as a predictive marker of distant recurrence after preoperative chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:709-17 pubmed..Elevated CD133, but not VEGF or EGFR, on FFPE specimens may be a predictive marker of distant recurrence and poor survival after preoperative CRT in rectal cancer. ..
- Yokoe T, Toiyama Y, Okugawa Y, Tanaka K, Ohi M, Inoue Y, et al. KAP1 is associated with peritoneal carcinomatosis in gastric cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:821-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that KAP1 plays an important role in progression to peritoneal carcinomatosis in gastric cancer patients. ..
- Omoto Y, Yamanaka K, Tokime K, Kitano S, Kakeda M, Akeda T, et al. Granzyme B is a novel interleukin-18 converting enzyme. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;59:129-35 pubmed publisher..GrB is a potent IL-18 converting enzyme and suggest that GrB secreted by CTLs and/or NK cells may initiate IL-18 release from target cells, leading to the development of inflammation. ..
- Wang S, Mo Y, Midorikawa K, Zhang Z, Huang G, Ma N, et al. The potent tumor suppressor miR-497 inhibits cancer phenotypes in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by targeting ANLN and HSPA4L. Oncotarget. 2015;6:35893-907 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-497 is a potent tumor suppressor that inhibits cancer phenotypes by targeting ANLN and HSPA4L in NPC. ..
- Onishi T, Shibahara T, Masui S, Sugino Y, Higashi S, Sasaki T. Efficacy of Ethinylestradiol Re-challenge for Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2999-3004 pubmed..Re-EE may be safely repeated several times and can lead to a prolonged disease control in selected patients. Re-challenge with EE appears to be a reasonable option worth considering for patients with metastatic CRPC. ..
- Ono R, Masuya M, Ishii S, Katayama N, Nosaka T. Eya2, a Target Activated by Plzf, Is Critical for PLZF-RARA-Induced Leukemogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Therefore, EYA2 may be a target for molecular therapy in this subtype of AML, including PLZF-RARA APL. ..
- Machida H, Ito M, Okamoto R, Shiraki K, Isaka N, Hartshorne D, et al. Molecular cloning and analysis of the 5'-flanking region of the human MYPT1 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1517:424-9 pubmed..Luciferase reporter assays showed the presence of two regions for positive elements and one for a negative element. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Seto M, Okamoto M, Ichinohasama R, Nakamura N, Yoshino T, et al. De novo CD5+ diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a clinicopathologic study of 109 patients. Blood. 2002;99:815-21 pubmed..Of particular interest is that CD5+ DLBCL was characterized by a survival curve significantly inferior to that for patients with CD5- DLBCL (P =.0026). These findings suggest that CD5+ DLBCL may constitute a unique subgroup of DLBCL. ..
- Isawa H, Yuda M, Orito Y, Chinzei Y. A mosquito salivary protein inhibits activation of the plasma contact system by binding to factor XII and high molecular weight kininogen. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27651-8 pubmed..We propose that hamadarin may attenuate the host's acute inflammatory responses to the mosquito's bites by inhibition of bradykinin release and thus enable mosquitoes to take a blood meal efficiently and safely. ..
- Hirakawa K, Aoshima M, Hiraku Y, Kawanishi S. Photohydrolysis of methotrexate produces pteridine, which induces poly-G-specific DNA damage through photoinduced electron transfer. Photochem Photobiol. 2002;76:467-72 pubmed
- Tominaga M, Numazaki M, Iida T, Moriyama T, Togashi K, Higashi T, et al. Regulation mechanisms of vanilloid receptors. Novartis Found Symp. 2004;261:4-12; discussion 12-8, 47-54 pubmed..The Ca2+ -binding protein calmodulin binds to the C-terminus of TRPV1. We found that disruption of the calmodulin binding segment prevented TRPV1 desensitization even in the presence of extracellular Ca2+. ..
- Uchida K, Konishi N, Inoue M, Otake K, Kusunoki M. A case of congenital jejunal atresia associated with bilateral athelia and choanal atresia: new syndrome spectrum. Clin Dysmorphol. 2006;15:37-8 pubmed..An abdominal echo examination showed no abnormal findings in the kidney. These associations may represent a previously undescribed syndrome spectrum...
- Dida F, Li Y, Iwao A, Deguchi T, Azuma E, Komada Y. Resistance to TRAIL-induced apoptosis caused by constitutional phosphorylation of Akt and PTEN in acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:1343-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cellular resistance to TRAIL could be developed through phosphorylation (activation) of Akt and phosphorylation (inactivation) of PTEN. ..
- Kurita T, Sakuma H, Onishi K, Ishida M, Kitagawa K, Yamanaka T, et al. Regional myocardial perfusion reserve determined using myocardial perfusion magnetic resonance imaging showed a direct correlation with coronary flow velocity reserve by Doppler flow wire. Eur Heart J. 2009;30:444-52 pubmed publisher..The current results using Doppler flow wire as a reference method demonstrated that quantitative analysis of stress-rest myocardial perfusion MRI can provide a non-invasive assessment of reduced MPR in patients with CAD. ..
- Fujimoto N, Onishi K, Sato A, Terasaki F, Tsukada B, Nozato T, et al. Incremental prognostic values of serum tenascin-C levels with blood B-type natriuretic peptide testing at discharge in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and decompensated heart failure. J Card Fail. 2009;15:898-905 pubmed publisher..4 ng/mL. The combined index of serum levels for TN-C and BNP at discharge predicts cardiac events from decompensated HF. Additionally, elevated serum TN-C levels reflect left ventricular and pulmonary vascular remodeling in DCM patients. ..
- Soga N, Kise H, Arima K, Sugimura Y. Third-line gemcitabine monotherapy for platinum-resistant advanced urothelial cancer. Int J Clin Oncol. 2010;15:376-81 pubmed publisher..The 1- and 2-year overall survival rate was 30.8% and 15.3%, respectively, for Gem. Gem as third-line therapy was performed safely with good tolerability in platinum-resistant advanced UC, even though the efficacy was very limited. ..
- Kokubo Y, Taniguchi A, Hasegawa M, Hayakawa Y, Morimoto S, Yoneda M, et al. ?-Synuclein pathology in the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/parkinsonism dementia complex in the Kii Peninsula, Japan. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2012;71:625-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that interaction between tau and ?-synuclein be involved in the pathogenesis of Kii ALS/PDC. ..
- Tameda M, Shiraki K, Sugimoto K, Ogura S, Inagaki Y, Yamamoto N, et al. Des-?-carboxy prothrombin ratio measured by P-11 and P-16 antibodies is a novel biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:725-31 pubmed publisher..Patients with HCC had higher NX-PVKA ratios compared to patients with LC taking warfarin (P = 0.063). These results suggest that, when used in combination with DCP, the NX-PVKA ratio is a promising novel marker for the detection of HCC. ..
- Mizuno S, Muraki Y, Nakatani K, Tanemura A, Kuriyama N, Ohsawa I, et al. Immunological aspects in late phase of living donor liver transplant patients: usefulness of monitoring peripheral blood CD4+ adenosine triphosphate activity. Clin Dev Immunol. 2013;2013:982163 pubmed publisher..In the late phase of LDLT patients, the IMK assay is very useful for monitoring immunological aspects including bacterial infection, recurrence of HCV, and rejection. ..
- Ochiai S, Nomoto Y, Yamashita Y, Murashima S, Hasegawa D, Kurobe Y, et al. Radiation-induced organizing pneumonia after stereotactic body radiotherapy for lung tumor. J Radiat Res. 2015;56:904-11 pubmed publisher..Three patients with minor symptoms were managed without corticosteroid administration and OP resolved without any relapse. The radiation-induced OP should be considered as one of the late lung injuries after SBRT for lung tumors. ..
- Wakita T, Hayashi T, Yuasa H, Nishioka J, Kawamura J, Suzuki K. Molecular cloning, tissue distribution and androgen regulation of rat protein C inhibitor. FEBS Lett. 1998;429:263-8 pubmed..Testosterone itself did not affect PCI mRNA expression, but treatment in castrated rats significantly enhanced its mRNA expression. These findings suggest that the PCI gene expression in rat seminal vesicles is regulated by androgen. ..
- Sakai T, Shiraki K, Inoue H, Sugimoto K, Ohmori S, Murata K, et al. Complications of partial splenic embolization in cirrhotic patients. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:388-91 pubmed..However, the possibility of severe complications, especially in patients with noncompensated cirrhosis, should be kept in mind. ..
- Shimizu T, Shimizu S, Hattori R, Gabazza E, Majima Y. In vivo and in vitro effects of macrolide antibiotics on mucus secretion in airway epithelial cells. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003;168:581-7 pubmed
- Motoyasu M, Sakuma H, Ichikawa Y, Ishida N, Uemura S, Okinaka T, et al. Prediction of regional functional recovery after acute myocardial infarction with low dose dobutamine stress cine MR imaging and contrast enhanced MR imaging. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2003;5:563-74 pubmed
- Kurokawa I, Yokoyama T, Nishimura K, Hakamada A, Isoda K, Yamanaka K, et al. Pinkus tumor may originate from intraepidermal eccrine ducts and proliferate in the dermis. Oncol Rep. 2007;17:49-54 pubmed..In basaloid cells of anastomosing strands, CK 14 and 17 were detectable. These results suggested that duct-like structure originates from the intraepidermal duct and proliferates to spread in the dermis...
- Yonekawa T, Takahashi J, Higuchi K, Ihara T. [Hypogeusia in a 9-year-old girl with multiple sclerosis]. No To Hattatsu. 2007;39:387-91 pubmed..We quantitatively investigated unilateral gustatory disturbance in our patient, and concluded that the ipsilateral thalamic lesion detected by MRI could be causative. ..
- Wada H, Sakuragawa N. Are fibrin-related markers useful for the diagnosis of thrombosis?. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2008;34:33-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, elevated levels of FRMs indicate a high risk for thrombosis, and they are thus considered to be useful for the diagnosis of thrombosis. ..
- Toiyama Y, Inoue Y, Yasuda H, Saigusa S, Yokoe T, Okugawa Y, et al. DPEP1, expressed in the early stages of colon carcinogenesis, affects cancer cell invasiveness. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:153-63 pubmed publisher..DPEP1 is expressed in the early stages of colon carcinogenesis and affects cancer cell invasiveness. ..
- Ota S, Yamada N, Ogihara Y, Tsuji A, Ishikura K, Nakamura M, et al. High plasma level of factor VIII: an important risk factor for venous thromboembolism. Circ J. 2011;75:1472-5 pubmed..9 (95%CI 4.0-252.3; P < 0.001). Elevated plasma FVIII level is a risk factors for VTE in Japanese people, and FVIII levels above the 75(th) percentile are associated with a significant odds ratio for the occurrence of VTE. ..
- Hiraguchi Y, Tanida H, Hosoki K, Nagao M, Tokuda R, Fujisawa T. Inhibition of eosinophil activation mediated by a Toll-like receptor 7 ligand with a combination of procaterol and budesonide. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011;155 Suppl 1:85-9 pubmed publisher..We investigated the effect of a ?(2)-agonist, i.e. procaterol, and a corticosteroid, i.e. budesonide, that are commonly used for viral-induced asthma, on TLR7 ligand-induced activation of eosinophils in vitro...
- Hosoki K, Nagao M, Iguchi K, Ihara T, Yamada Y, Higashigawa M, et al. An 8-year-old boy with hypereosinophilic syndrome. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011;155 Suppl 1:117-22 pubmed publisher..HES is extraordinary rare in children and the long-term prognosis in pediatric HES is not well known. Comprehensive diagnostic procedures are vital for the early detection and management of complications in pediatric HES. ..
- Morita H, Murata T, Shimizu K, Okumura K, Inui M, Tagawa T. Characterization of phosphodiesterase 2A in human malignant melanoma PMP cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:1275-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, PDE2A2 is a possible new molecular target for the treatment of malignant melanoma. ..
- Takeuchi K, Kitano M, Ishinaga H, Kobayashi M, Ogawa S, Nakatani K, et al. Recent advances in primary ciliary dyskinesia. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2016;43:229-36 pubmed publisher..Since PCD is inherited in an autosomal-recessive manner, genetic counseling is necessary after definite diagnosis. ..
- Nakano S, Fujisawa T, Ito Y, Chang B, Suga S, Noguchi T, et al. Serotypes, antimicrobial susceptibility, and molecular epidemiology of invasive and non-invasive Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates in paediatric patients after the introduction of 13-valent conjugate vaccine in a nationwide surveillance study conduct. Vaccine. 2016;34:67-76 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the introduction of PCV7 and PCV13 resulted in increasing non-PCV13 serotypes and clones, including antimicrobial resistant serotypes 15A and CC63 (Sweden(15A)-25 clone). ..
- Qi L, Toyoda H, Shankar V, Sakurai N, Amano K, Kihira K, et al. Heterogeneity of neuroblastoma cell lines in insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor/Akt pathway-mediated cell proliferative responses. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:1162-71 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report describing heterogeneity in the IGF-1R/Akt-mediated proliferation of NB cells...
- Yamada Y, Watanabe M, Yamanaka M, Hirokawa Y, Suzuki H, Takagi A, et al. Aberrant methylation of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 gene in prostate cancer. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:536-9 pubmed..1%) of 63 primary local prostate cancer samples, while in all 13 benign prostate samples it was not. These findings indicate that methylation of VEGFR-1 is related with prostatic carcinogenesis. ..
- Tanemura H, Hatazaki S, Asakura F, Kawaguchi K, Kuraishi K, Toma N, et al. Angioscopic observation during carotid angioplasty with stent placement. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005;26:1943-8 pubmed..No symptomatic ischemic complications occurred. Diffusion-weighted MR imaging after angioscopy showed asymptomatic ischemic lesions in 47% of cases. ..
- Uchida K, Otake K, Iwata T, Watanabe H, Inoue M, Hatada T, et al. Ingestion of multiple magnets: hazardous foreign bodies for children. Pediatr Radiol. 2006;36:263-4 pubmed..Both clinicians and the lay population need to be aware that multiple magnets can be hazardous foreign bodies for children. ..
- Ando K, Tsunemori M, Akahane H, Tesana S, Hasegawa H, Chinzei Y. Comparative study on DNA sequences of ribosomal DNA and cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 of mitochondrial DNA among five species of gnathostomes. J Helminthol. 2006;80:7-13 pubmed..The nucleotide sequences of each region of ITS2 and partial MCO1 regions were different among the five species. Therefore, these two regions can be used as genetic markers for identification of worms. ..
- Yamanaka T, Onishi K, Tanabe M, Dohi K, Funabiki Yamanaka K, Fujimoto N, et al. Force- and relaxation-frequency relations in patients with diastolic heart failure. Am Heart J. 2006;152:966.e1-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the impaired relaxation-frequency relation and exacerbated LV-arterial coupling during tachycardia may be an important therapeutic target in patients with DHF. ..
- Li Y, Dida F, Iwao A, Deguchi T, Azuma E, Komada Y. Cell cycle dependency of caspase activation in Fas-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1174-83 pubmed..The speed of cell cycle progression from G1 to S phase might be influential in the speed of caspase activation and induction of Fas-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Ito Y, Kurokawa I, Nishimura K, Hakamada A, Isoda K, Yamanaka K, et al. Keratin and filaggrin expression in keratoacanthoma. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008;22:353-5 pubmed..These results suggest that KA differentiates towards the outer root sheath beneath the opening of the sebaceous duct. ..
- Suzuki S, Takeuchi K, Ishinaga H, Basbaum C, Majima Y. Leukotriene D4 upregulates MUC2 gene transcription in human epithelial cells. Pharmacology. 2008;81:221-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, pranlukast inhibited LTD(4)-induced NF-kappaB activity. These results suggest that LTD(4 )upregulates MUC2 gene transcription via a signaling pathway involving CysLT(1) receptor, G-protein, PKC, MEK, ERK and NF-kappaB. ..
- Yoneda K, Sugimoto K, Shiraki K, Tanaka J, Beppu T, Fuke H, et al. Dual topology of functional Toll-like receptor 3 expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma: differential signaling mechanisms of TLR3-induced NF-kappaB activation and apoptosis. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:929-36 pubmed..Endogenously expressed TLR3 may provide new clinical prospects for TLR3 agonists as cytotoxic agents in HCC. ..
- Yamada Y, Ando F, Shimokata H. Association of polymorphisms of SORBS1, GCK and WISP1 with hypertension in community-dwelling Japanese individuals. Hypertens Res. 2009;32:325-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SORBS1 and GCK are susceptibility loci for hypertension in Japanese women and that WISP1 is such a locus in men. ..
- Kawamoto A, Yokoe T, Tanaka K, Saigusa S, Toiyama Y, Yasuda H, et al. Radiation induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colorectal cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:51-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that irradiation induces an alteration to a malignant phenotype consistent with EMT in colorectal cancer cells. ..
- Terasawa T, Trikalinos N, Djulbegovic B, Trikalinos T. Comparative efficacy of first-line therapies for advanced-stage chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a multiple-treatment meta-analysis. Cancer Treat Rev. 2013;39:340-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, published randomized evidence on overall survival is insufficient to recommend any particular first-line treatments. Any progression-free survival differences may be applicable to relatively young uncomplicated patients. ..
- Ueno H, Kobayashi H, Konishi T, Ishida F, Yamaguchi T, Hinoi T, et al. Prevalence of laparoscopic surgical treatment and its clinical outcomes in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis in Japan. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:713-722 pubmed publisher..Laparoscopic approach is increasingly being adopted for prophylactic FAP surgery in Japan and may provide clinically acceptable practical outcomes. ..
- Huang X, Yamashiki M, Nakatani K, Nobori T, Mase A. Semi-quantitative analysis of cytokine mRNA expression induced by the herbal medicine Sho-saiko-to (TJ-9) using a Gel Doc system. J Clin Lab Anal. 2001;15:199-209 pubmed..Many important findings could be demonstrated by this simple, easy, sensitive, and cheap method. After the clinical significance of cytokine analysis is confirmed, this method may become a useful clinical examination tool. ..
- Tsurudome M, Ito M, Nishio M, Kawano M, Komada H, Ito Y. Hemagglutinin-neuraminidase-independent fusion activity of simian virus 5 fusion (F) protein: difference in conformation between fusogenic and nonfusogenic F proteins on the cell surface. J Virol. 2001;75:8999-9009 pubmed..The native conformation of L22P may represent an intermediate between native and postfusion conformations of a typical paramyxovirus F protein. ..
- Matsumura Y, Nomura J, Murata T, Inui M, Nagai K, Yanase S, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging of synovial proliferation in temporomandibular disorders with pain. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2004;28:73-9 pubmed..The objective of this study was to assess the clinical significance of synovial proliferation in patients with painful temporomandibular disorders based on magnetic resonance imaging findings...
- Sakano K, Mizutani M, Murata M, Oikawa S, Hiraku Y, Kawanishi S. Procyanidin B2 has anti- and pro-oxidant effects on metal-mediated DNA damage. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:1041-9 pubmed..Our results raise the possibility that procyanidin B2 exerts both antioxidant and pro-oxidant properties by interacting with H2O2 and metal ions. ..
- Murata M, Nishimura T, Chen F, Kawanishi S. Oxidative DNA damage induced by hair dye components ortho-phenylenediamines and the enhancement by superoxide dismutase. Mutat Res. 2006;607:184-91 pubmed..These results suggest that carcinogenicity of ortho-phenylenediamines is associated with ability to cause oxidative DNA damage rather than bacterial mutagenicity...
- Takabayashi S, Shimpo H, Yokoyama K, Kajimoto M. Truncus arteriosus repair after palliative bilateral pulmonary artery banding. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;55:35-7 pubmed..The good postoperative course in this patient demonstrates that palliative bilateral pulmonary artery banding is a useful surgical option for truncus arteriosus associated with pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Yamada Y, Matsuo H, Warita S, Watanabe S, Kato K, Oguri M, et al. Prediction of genetic risk for dyslipidemia. Genomics. 2007;90:551-8 pubmed
- Umekawa T, Sugiyama T, Kihira T, Murabayashi N, Zhang L, Nagao K, et al. Overexpression of thioredoxin-1 reduces oxidative stress in the placenta of transgenic mice and promotes fetal growth via glucose metabolism. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3980-8 pubmed publisher..In particular, increased hTRX-1 activity and the resulting modified placental redox state may play an important role in fetal growth by increasing the availability of glucose. ..
- Tsurudome M, Nishio M, Ito M, Tanahashi S, Kawano M, Komada H, et al. Effects of hemagglutinin-neuraminidase protein mutations on cell-cell fusion mediated by human parainfluenza type 2 virus. J Virol. 2008;82:8283-95 pubmed publisher..Notably, the limited cell-cell fusion by H-83/186 virus was greatly promoted by lysophosphatidic acid, a stimulator of the Ras and Rho family GTPases. ..
- Kakimoto Y, Nishimura Y, Hara N, Okada M, Tanii H, Okazaki Y. Intrasubject reproducibility of prefrontal cortex activities during a verbal fluency task over two repeated sessions using multi-channel near-infrared spectroscopy. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2009;63:491-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the intrasubject reproducibility of frontal activation measured by multi-channel near-infrared spectroscopy was well demonstrated in mentally healthy subjects at intervals of two months. ..
- Masuda S, Namba K, Mutai H, Usui S, Miyanaga Y, Kaneko H, et al. A mutation in the heparin-binding site of noggin as a novel mechanism of proximal symphalangism and conductive hearing loss. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:496-502 pubmed publisher..We propose that the decreased binding affinity of NOG with the p.R136C mutation to HSPG leads to an excess of BMP signaling and underlies the SYM1 and conductive hearing loss phenotype of carriers. ..
- Tanahashi M, Motomura E, Inui K, Ohoyama K, Tanii H, Konishi Y, et al. Auditory change-related cerebral responses and personality traits. Neurosci Res. 2016;103:34-9 pubmed publisher..Since these two TCI dimensions are associated with anxiety disorders and depression, it is possible that the change-related response is affected by personality traits, particularly anxiety- or depression-related traits. ..
- Fujimori M, Yamakado K, Takaki H, Nakatsuka A, Uraki J, Yamanaka T, et al. Long-Term Results of Stent Placement in Patients with Outflow Block After Living-Donor-Liver Transplantation. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2016;39:566-74 pubmed publisher..1 vs. 72.2%, p = .405). Stenting is a feasible, safe, and useful therapeutic option to resolve outflow block following LDLT, providing equal survival to that of patients without outflow block. ..
- Noro A, Nakamura T, Hirai T, Haga M, Kobayashi T, Hayashi A, et al. Impact of parametric imaging on contrast-enhanced ultrasound of breast cancer. J Med Ultrason (2001). 2016;43:227-35 pubmed publisher..The use of parametric imaging improves the visibility of CEUS. The maximal diameter of the tumor determined on CEUS correlates substantially with the pathology. ..
- Yamada Y, Metoki N, Yoshida H, Satoh K, Ichihara S, Kato K, et al. Genetic risk for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:1920-5 pubmed..Validation of our findings will require additional studies with independent subject panels. ..
- Yamada Y. Identification of genetic factors and development of genetic risk diagnosis systems for cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Circ J. 2006;70:1240-8 pubmed..Identification of gene polymorphisms that confer susceptibility to cardiovascular diseases or stroke and the development of genetic risk diagnosis systems may contribute to the personalized prevention of these conditions. ..
- Murata K, Ito K, Yoneda K, Shiraki K, Sakurai H, Ito M. Splenectomy improves liver function in patients with liver cirrhosis. Hepatogastroenterology. 2008;55:1407-11 pubmed..Splenectomy improved liver function in patients with LC, and could be a supportive and bridging therapy for patients waiting for liver transplantation, especially with large spleen and lower ALT levels. ..