Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dendritic cells in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Locale: Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Topic: dendritic cells
- Seino K, Motohashi S, Fujisawa T, Nakayama T, Taniguchi M. Natural killer T cell-mediated antitumor immune responses and their clinical applications. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:807-12 pubmed..In this review, we summarize the characteristics of the antitumor immune responses mediated by both mouse and human CD1d-restricted NKT cells and discuss their potential in clinical applications against cancer. ..
- Fujita S, Yamashita N, Ishii Y, Sato Y, Sato K, Eizumi K, et al. Regulatory dendritic cells protect against allergic airway inflammation in a murine asthmatic model. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;121:95-104.e7 pubmed
- Hara H, Ishihara C, Takeuchi A, Imanishi T, Xue L, Morris S, et al. The adaptor protein CARD9 is essential for the activation of myeloid cells through ITAM-associated and Toll-like receptors. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:619-29 pubmed..Thus, the activation of lymphoid and myeloid cells through ITAM-associated receptors or Toll-like receptors is regulated by CARMA1-Bcl-10 and CARD9-Bcl-10, respectively. ..
- Imai T, Kato Y, Kajiwara C, Mizukami S, Ishige I, Ichiyanagi T, et al. Heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) contributes to cytosolic translocation of extracellular antigen for cross-presentation by dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16363-8 pubmed publisher..Ag within purified phagosomes was released in an HSP90-dependent manner. These results demonstrate the important role of HSP90 in cross-presentation by pulling endosomal Ag out into the cytosol. ..
- Shimizu K, Asakura M, Shinga J, Sato Y, Kitahara S, Hoshino K, et al. Invariant NKT cells induce plasmacytoid dendritic cell (DC) cross-talk with conventional DCs for efficient memory CD8+ T cell induction. J Immunol. 2013;190:5609-19 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unknown pathway of intercellular collaboration for the generation of tumor-specific CD8(+) memory T cells that can be exploited for strategic vaccination in the setting of tumor immunotherapy. ..
- Sugimura T, Jounai K, Ohshio K, Tanaka T, Suwa M, Fujiwara D. Immunomodulatory effect of Lactococcus lactis JCM5805 on human plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Clin Immunol. 2013;149:509-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, intake of L. lactis JCM5805 can directly activate pDCs and increase the ability to produce IFNs in vivo. Therefore, L. lactis JCM5805 may be a beneficial tool to enhance anti-viral immunity in humans. ..
- Fujii T, Horiguchi K, Sunaga H, Moriwaki Y, Misawa H, Kasahara T, et al. SLURP-1, an endogenous ?7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor allosteric ligand, is expressed in CD205(+) dendritic cells in human tonsils and potentiates lymphocytic cholinergic activity. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;267:43-9 pubmed publisher..These findings support the notion that SLURP-1 acts as a key modulator of immune responses...
- Ohta T, Sugiyama M, Hemmi H, Yamazaki C, Okura S, Sasaki I, et al. Crucial roles of XCR1-expressing dendritic cells and the XCR1-XCL1 chemokine axis in intestinal immune homeostasis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23505 pubmed publisher..Thus XCR1(+) DCs and the XCR1/XCL1 chemokine axis have previously-unappreciated roles in intestinal immune homeostasis. ..
- Kitamura H, Kamon H, Sawa S, Park S, Katunuma N, Ishihara K, et al. IL-6-STAT3 controls intracellular MHC class II alphabeta dimer level through cathepsin S activity in dendritic cells. Immunity. 2005;23:491-502 pubmed..Thus, IL-6-STAT3-mediated increase of cathepsin S activity reduces the MHCII alphabeta dimer, Ii, and H2-DM levels in DCs, and suppresses CD4(+) T cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Fukaya T, Takagi H, Sato Y, Sato K, Eizumi K, Taya H, et al. Crucial roles of B7-H1 and B7-DC expressed on mesenteric lymph node dendritic cells in the generation of antigen-specific CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells in the establishment of oral tolerance. Blood. 2010;116:2266-76 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest that B7-H1 and B7-DC expressed on MLN DCs are essential for establishing oral tolerance through the de novo generation of antigen-specific CD4(+)Foxp3(+) iT(regs). ..
- Fujii S, Shimizu K, Hemmi H, Steinman R. Innate Valpha14(+) natural killer T cells mature dendritic cells, leading to strong adaptive immunity. Immunol Rev. 2007;220:183-98 pubmed..These findings help explain tumor protection via alpha-GalCer and urge development of the DC-NKT axis to provide innate and adaptive immunity to human cancers. ..
- Sugiyama T, Hoshino K, Saito M, Yano T, Sasaki I, Yamazaki C, et al. Immunoadjuvant effects of polyadenylic:polyuridylic acids through TLR3 and TLR7. Int Immunol. 2008;20:1-9 pubmed..CD8(+) T-cell responses induced by poly(A:U) were independent of type I IFN signaling. Our results demonstrate that poly(A:U) functions as an in vivo immunoadjuvant mainly through TLR3 and TLR7. ..
- Kirino M, Kirino Y, Takeno M, Nagashima Y, Takahashi K, Kobayashi M, et al. Heme oxygenase 1 attenuates the development of atopic dermatitis-like lesions in mice: implications for human disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;122:290-7, 297.e1-8 pubmed publisher..HO-1 levels were increased in sera and skin lesions of patients with AD. Enhancement of HO-1 attenuated the development of skin lesions in mice, suggesting that HO-1 induction offers a promising therapeutic strategy for AD. ..
- Fukaya T, Murakami R, Takagi H, Sato K, Sato Y, Otsuka H, et al. Conditional ablation of CD205+ conventional dendritic cells impacts the regulation of T-cell immunity and homeostasis in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11288-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings reveal a critical role for CD205(+) cDCs in the regulation of T-cell immunity and homeostasis in vivo. ..
- Ohmura Hoshino M, Matsuki Y, Mito Yoshida M, Goto E, Aoki Kawasumi M, Nakayama M, et al. Cutting edge: requirement of MARCH-I-mediated MHC II ubiquitination for the maintenance of conventional dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2009;183:6893-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the accumulation of MHC II resulting from loss of ubiquitination caused cDC abnormality; therefore, MARCH-I may function as a housekeeper of cDC in the steady state. ..
- Hoshino K, Sasaki I, Sugiyama T, Yano T, Yamazaki C, Yasui T, et al. Critical role of IkappaB Kinase alpha in TLR7/9-induced type I IFN production by conventional dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2010;184:3341-5 pubmed publisher..Our results show that IKKalpha is a unique molecule involved in TLR7/9-MyD88-dependent type I IFN production through DC subset-specific mechanisms. ..
- Nishikawa S. Presence of anti-cystatin C-positive dendritic cells or macrophages and localization of cysteine proteases in the apical bud of the enamel organ in the rat incisor. J Histochem Cytochem. 2005;53:643-51 pubmed..These results suggest that the cystatin C-positive macrophages or dendritic cells are involved in normal incisor formation. They may be related to the clearance of apoptotic cells or protection from putative cysteine protease activity. ..
- Nishikawa S, Sasaki F. Internalization of amelogenin by dendritic cells of the papillary layer during transition and early maturation stages. Histochem Cell Biol. 1999;112:301-5 pubmed..The results suggest that the dendritic cells play a role in eliminating amelogenin from the enamel organ. ..
- Yamazaki C, Sugiyama M, Ohta T, Hemmi H, Hamada E, Sasaki I, et al. Critical roles of a dendritic cell subset expressing a chemokine receptor, XCR1. J Immunol. 2013;190:6071-82 pubmed publisher..XCR1-venus and XCR1-DTRvenus mice should be useful for elucidating the functions and behavior of XCR1-expressing DCs, including CD8?(+) and CD103(+) DCs, in lymphoid and peripheral tissues. ..
- Watanabe T, Hotta C, Koizumi S, Miyashita K, Nakabayashi J, Kurotaki D, et al. The transcription factor IRF8 counteracts BCR-ABL to rescue dendritic cell development in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Cancer Res. 2013;73:6642-53 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings suggest that IRF8 is an attractive target in next-generation therapies for CML. ..
- Yamazaki C, Miyamoto R, Hoshino K, Fukuda Y, Sasaki I, Saito M, et al. Conservation of a chemokine system, XCR1 and its ligand, XCL1, between human and mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:756-61 pubmed publisher..These expression patterns were conserved in human blood cells, including the BDCA3(+) DC subset. Thus, in human and mice, certain DC subsets should be chemotactic towards NK or activated CD8(+) T cells through XCR1. ..
- Miyake Y, Asano K, Kaise H, Uemura M, Nakayama M, Tanaka M. Critical role of macrophages in the marginal zone in the suppression of immune responses to apoptotic cell-associated antigens. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2268-78 pubmed
- Maeda Y, Matsuyuki H, Shimano K, Kataoka H, Sugahara K, Chiba K. Migration of CD4 T cells and dendritic cells toward sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) is mediated by different receptor subtypes: S1P regulates the functions of murine mature dendritic cells via S1P receptor type 3. J Immunol. 2007;178:3437-46 pubmed..These results indicate that S1P regulates migration and endocytosis of murine mature DCs via S1P(3) but not S1P(1). ..
- Harada M, Magara Koyanagi K, Watarai H, Nagata Y, Ishii Y, Kojo S, et al. IL-21-induced Bepsilon cell apoptosis mediated by natural killer T cells suppresses IgE responses. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2929-37 pubmed..BCG-activated PBMCs significantly reduce IgE production by human B cells. These findings provide new insight into the therapeutic effect of BCG in allergic diseases...
- Tamura C, Nakazawa M, Kasahara M, Hotta C, Yoshinari M, Sato F, et al. Impaired function of dendritic cells in alymphoplasia (aly/aly) mice for expansion of CD25+CD4+ regulatory T cells. Autoimmunity. 2006;39:445-53 pubmed..Our results suggested that the impairment of DCs in aly/aly mice is responsible, at least in part, for the decreased numbers of CD25+CD4+T cells in the periphery of aly/aly mice. ..
- Ohmura Hoshino M, Matsuki Y, Aoki M, Goto E, Mito M, Uematsu M, et al. Inhibition of MHC class II expression and immune responses by c-MIR. J Immunol. 2006;177:341-54 pubmed..To our knowledge, c-MIR is the first example of an E3 that is capable of inhibiting MHC II expression. Our findings suggest that c-MIR might potently regulate immune responses in vivo. ..
- Hoshino K, Sugiyama T, Matsumoto M, Tanaka T, Saito M, Hemmi H, et al. IkappaB kinase-alpha is critical for interferon-alpha production induced by Toll-like receptors 7 and 9. Nature. 2006;440:949-53 pubmed..Furthermore, IKK-alpha associated with and phosphorylated IRF-7. Our results identify a role for IKK-alpha in TLR7/9 signalling, and highlight IKK-alpha as a potential target for manipulating TLR-induced IFN-alpha production. ..
- Hotta C, Fujimaki H, Yoshinari M, Nakazawa M, Minami M. The delivery of an antigen from the endocytic compartment into the cytosol for cross-presentation is restricted to early immature dendritic cells. Immunology. 2006;117:97-107 pubmed..These data indicate that only the early immature stage of DC interferes with endosomal maturation, even after uptake of exogenous antigens, and then transports the antigens into the cytosol...
- Nishikawa S, Sasaki F. Detection of immature dendritic cells in the enamel organ of rat incisors by using anti-cystatin C and anti-MHC class II immunocytochemistry. J Histochem Cytochem. 2000;48:1243-55 pubmed..The results suggest that immature dendritic cells penetrate the enamel organ of the secretion zone and begin to mature in the zones of transition and enamel maturation. (J Histochem Cytochem 48:1243-1255, 2000) ..
- Takagi H, Fukaya T, Eizumi K, Sato Y, Sato K, Shibazaki A, et al. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells are crucial for the initiation of inflammation and T cell immunity in vivo. Immunity. 2011;35:958-71 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Siglec-H appeared to modulate the function of pDCs in vivo. Thus, our findings highlight previously unidentified roles of pDCs and the regulation of their function for the control of innate and adaptive immunity. ..
- Yokosuka T, Kobayashi W, Sakata Sogawa K, Takamatsu M, Hashimoto Tane A, Dustin M, et al. Spatiotemporal regulation of T cell costimulation by TCR-CD28 microclusters and protein kinase C theta translocation. Immunity. 2008;29:589-601 pubmed publisher..Thus, costimulation is mediated by the generation of a unique costimulatory compartment in the cSMAC via the dynamic regulation of MC translocation. ..
- Jinnohara T, Kanaya T, Hase K, Sakakibara S, Kato T, Tachibana N, et al. IL-22BP dictates characteristics of Peyer's patch follicle-associated epithelium for antigen uptake. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1607-1618 pubmed publisher..Our present study thus demonstrates that IL-22BP promotes bacterial uptake into PPs by influencing FAE gene expression and function. ..