Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Locale: Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Topic: molecular sequence data
- Nakamura A, Nakajima M, Higashi E, Yamanaka H, Yokoi T. Genetic polymorphisms in the 5'-flanking region of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B7 affect the Nrf2-dependent transcriptional regulation. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:709-20 pubmed publisher..The allele-specific mechanism may cause variability of the glucuronidation in response to oxidative stress. ..
- Kataoka K, Sugiyama R, Hirota S, Inoue M, Urata K, Minagawa Y, et al. Four-electron reduction of dioxygen by a multicopper oxidase, CueO, and roles of Asp112 and Glu506 located adjacent to the trinuclear copper center. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14405-13 pubmed publisher..The structure of intermediates I and II and the mechanism of the four-electron reduction of dioxygen driven by Asp(112) and Glu(506) are discussed. ..
- Phan T, Ishizaki A, Phung D, Bi X, Oka S, Ichimura H. Characterization of HIV type 1 genotypes and drug resistance mutations among drug-naive HIV type 1-infected patients in Northern Vietnam. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:233-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, monitoring for drug-resistant HIV-1 and performing drug resistance testing before initiating antiretroviral therapy (ART) are recommended to facilitate selection of the appropriate ART and better clinical outcomes in Vietnam. ..
- Nakajima Y, Meijer J, Zhang C, Wang X, Kondo T, Ito T, et al. Altered Pre-mRNA Splicing Caused by a Novel Intronic Mutation c.1443+5G>A in the Dihydropyrimidinase (DPYS) Gene. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Thus, the analysis suggests that the c.1443+5G>A mutation results in aberrant splicing of the pre-mRNA encoding DHP, underlying the DHP deficiency in two unrelated Chinese patients. ..
- Nakano M, Fukami T, Gotoh S, Takamiya M, Aoki Y, Nakajima M. RNA Editing Modulates Human Hepatic Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Expression by Creating MicroRNA Recognition Sequence. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:894-903 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study uncovered for the first time that A-to-I RNA editing modulates the potency of xenobiotic metabolism in the human liver. ..
- Matsunaga T, Watanabe K, Yamamoto I, Negishi M, Gonzalez F, Yoshimura H. cDNA cloning and sequence of CYP2C29 encoding P-450 MUT-2, a microsomal aldehyde oxygenase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1184:299-301 pubmed..Two peptides, derived from BrCN cleavage of P-450 MUT-2, were also identical to the cDNA deduced protein of CYP2C29. These results indicate that CYP2C29 cDNA encodes P-450 MUT-2. ..
- Kataoka K, Kogi H, Tsujimura S, Sakurai T. Modifications of laccase activities of copper efflux oxidase, CueO by synergistic mutations in the first and second coordination spheres of the type I copper center. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:393-7 pubmed publisher..Laccase activities of CueO were maximally enhanced 140-fold by virtue of the synergistic effect of mild mutations at and at around the ligand groups to type I copper. ..
- Ito T, Matsui Y, Ago T, Ota K, Sumimoto H. Novel modular domain PB1 recognizes PC motif to mediate functional protein-protein interactions. EMBO J. 2001;20:3938-46 pubmed..This domain-swapping experiment demonstrates that Bem1p function requires interaction with Cdc24p, in which the PB1 domain and the PC motif participate as responsible modules. ..
- Tamai I, Ohashi R, Nezu J, Sai Y, Kobayashi D, Oku A, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of organic cation/carnitine transporter family in mice. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:40064-72 pubmed
- Nozawa T, Nakajima M, Tamai I, Noda K, Nezu J, Sai Y, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of human organic anion transporters OATP-C (SLC21A6) and OATP-B (SLC21A9): allele frequencies in the Japanese population and functional analysis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;302:804-13 pubmed..Since the frequency of the OATP-B*3 allele was high (30.9%) in our subjects, the SNP of S486F may affect the physiological function and/or pharmacological effects of OATP-B substrates in vivo. ..
- Ono K, Ikeda T, Takasaki J, Yamada M. Familial Parkinson disease mutations influence ?-synuclein assembly. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;43:715-24 pubmed publisher..Our results that mutations of familial LBD had opposite effects at early stages of ?S assembly may provide new insight into the molecular mechanisms of LBD. ..
- Ogino C, Daido H, Ohmura Y, Takada N, Itou Y, Kondo A, et al. Remarkable enhancement in PLD activity from Streptoverticillium cinnamoneum by substituting serine residue into the GG/GS motif. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1774:671-8 pubmed..The findings suggest that the GG/GS motif of PLD is a key motif that affects catalytic function and enzymatic stability...
- Kawahara E, Saito A, Kobayashi J, Maenaka S, Minamoto T, Imai M, et al. Adhesiveness of beta5 integrin variant lacking FNK767-769 is similar to that of the prototype containing FNKFNK764-769. Cell Biol Int. 2005;29:521-8 pubmed..CHO cells transfected with single-FNK and repeated-FNK showed similar adhesiveness to, and proliferative activity on, vitronectin substrates. ..
- Muta K, Fukami T, Nakajima M, Yokoi T. N-Glycosylation during translation is essential for human arylacetamide deacetylase enzyme activity. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;87:352-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study found that the translational, but not post-translational, N-glycosylation of AADAC plays a crucial role in regulating AADAC enzyme activity. ..
- Sakurai T, Kataoka K. Basic and applied features of multicopper oxidases, CueO, bilirubin oxidase, and laccase. Chem Rec. 2007;7:220-9 pubmed
- Arima H, Horiguchi N, Takaichi S, Kofuji R, Ishida K, Wada K, et al. Molecular genetic and chemotaxonomic characterization of the terrestrial cyanobacterium Nostoc commune and its neighboring species. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2012;79:34-45 pubmed publisher..Nostoc commune and Nostoc punctiforme were clustered in one monophyletic group and characterized by the occurrence of nostoxanthin, canthaxanthin, and myxol glycosides. ..
- Ohnishi K, Hasegawa A, Matsubara K, Date T, Okada T, Kiritani K. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of the brnQ gene, the structural gene for a membrane-associated component of the LIV-II transport system for branched-chain amino acids in Salmonella typhimurium. Jpn J Genet. 1988;63:343-57 pubmed..The coding sequence of the brnQ gene, which is 1317 base pairs long, specifies a very hydrophobic protein of 439 amino acid residues. ..
- Tsuchiya Y, Nakajima M, Takagi S, Taniya T, Yokoi T. MicroRNA regulates the expression of human cytochrome P450 1B1. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9090-8 pubmed..This is the first study to show that miRNAs regulate not only essential genes for physiologic events but also drug-metabolizing enzymes. ..
- Honda M, Takehana K, Sakai A, Tagata Y, Shirasaki T, Nishitani S, et al. Malnutrition impairs interferon signaling through mTOR and FoxO pathways in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:128-40, 140.e1-2 pubmed publisher..Malnutrition impaired IFN signaling by inhibiting mTORC1 and activating Socs3 signaling through Foxo3a. Increasing BCAAs to up-regulate IFN signaling might be used as a new therapeutic approach for patients with advanced CH-C. ..
- Ohashi R, Tamai I, Inano A, Katsura M, Sai Y, Nezu J, et al. Studies on functional sites of organic cation/carnitine transporter OCTN2 (SLC22A5) using a Ser467Cys mutant protein. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;302:1286-94 pubmed..These results demonstrate that OCTN2 has functional sites for carnitine and Na(+) and that the carnitine-binding site is involved, in part, in the recognition of organic cations. ..
- Watanabe K, Narimatsu S, Yamamoto I, Yoshimura H. Oxygenation mechanism in conversion of aldehyde to carboxylic acid catalyzed by a cytochrome P-450 isozyme. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:2709-11 pubmed
- Morohashi H, Miyawaki T, Nomura H, Kuno K, Murakami S, Matsushima K, et al. Expression of both types of human interleukin-8 receptors on mature neutrophils, monocytes, and natural killer cells. J Leukoc Biol. 1995;57:180-7 pubmed..These results suggest that both types of human IL-8 receptors were coordinately and selectively expressed in mature granulocytes, monocytes, and CD16+ NK cells. ..
- Yoshida I, Moto K, Sakurai S, Iwami M. A novel member of the bombyxin gene family: structure and expression of bombyxin G1 gene, an insulin-related peptide gene of the silkmoth Bombyx mori. Dev Genes Evol. 1998;208:407-10 pubmed..The G1 gene forms a pair with bombyxin C2 gene with opposite transcriptional orientation in a bombyxin gene cluster. The bombyxin G1 mRNA in Bombyx brain was shown to locate in four pairs of medial neurosecretory cells. ..
- Dorjsuren D, Lin Y, Wei W, Yamashita T, Nomura T, Hayashi N, et al. RMP, a novel RNA polymerase II subunit 5-interacting protein, counteracts transactivation by hepatitis B virus X protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:7546-55 pubmed..These results suggest that RMP negatively modulates RNA polymerase II function by binding to RPB5 and that HBx counteracts the negative role of RMP on transcription indirectly by interacting with RPB5. ..
- Wakayama T, Ohashi K, Mizuno K, Iseki S. Cloning and characterization of a novel mouse immunoglobulin superfamily gene expressed in early spermatogenic cells. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;60:158-64 pubmed..These results suggested that SgIGSF occurs in the plasma membrane of spermatogenic cells during the earlier stages of spermatogenesis. ..
- Kong L, Ueno M, Itoh M, Yoshioka K, Takakura N. Identification and characterization of mouse PSF1-binding protein, SLD5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:1204-7 pubmed..Tissue distribution of SLD5 was quite similar to that of PSF1. When overexpressed, SLD5 protein was co-localized with PSF1. These data suggest that PSF1 and SLD5 may cooperate in the proliferation of immature cell populations...
- Unoki H, Furukawa K, Yonekura H, Ueda Y, Katsuda S, Mori M, et al. Up-regulation of cyr61 in vascular smooth muscle cells of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Lab Invest. 2003;83:973-82 pubmed..Our results thus demonstrate for the first time that cyr61 can also act as a growth inhibitor in SMC of genetically hypertensive rats. This may reveal a new route for investigation of the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Ogura M, Nakamichi N, Takano K, Oikawa H, Kambe Y, Ohno Y, et al. Functional expression of A glutamine transporter responsive to down-regulation by lipopolysaccharide through reduced promoter activity in cultured rat neocortical astrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2006;83:1447-60 pubmed
- Taoka A, Yoshimatsu K, Kanemori M, Fukumori Y. Nitrate reductase from the magnetotactic bacterium Magnetospirillum magnetotacticum MS-1: purification and sequence analyses. Can J Microbiol. 2003;49:197-206 pubmed..magnetotacticum...
- Wang Y, Hasegawa M, Imamura R, Kinoshita T, Kondo C, Konaka K, et al. PYNOD, a novel Apaf-1/CED4-like protein is an inhibitor of ASC and caspase-1. Int Immunol. 2004;16:777-86 pubmed..Thus, PYNOD is a novel regulator of apoptosis and inflammation. ..
- Kawabata T, Cui M, Hasegawa T, Takano F, Ohta T. Anti-inflammatory and anti-melanogenic steroidal saponin glycosides from Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) seeds. Planta Med. 2011;77:705-10 pubmed publisher..All three compounds showed moderate cytotoxicities. These results indicate that fenugreek extract and its active constituents could protect against skin damage. ..
- Kaji T, Yamamoto C, Oh i M, Nishida T, Takigawa M. Differential regulation of biglycan and decorin synthesis by connective tissue growth factor in cultured vascular endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:22-8 pubmed
- Nakajima T, Matsubara K, Moore J, Murayama T, Matsuda M. Molecular cloning and characterisation of the methionine sulphoxide reductase A (msrA) gene locus in Campylobacter lari organisms. Br J Biomed Sci. 2013;70:135-43 pubmed..An immunoreactively positive signal was identified in the UPTC CF89-12 and NCTC12893 cells with anti-UPTC MsrA synthetic peptide antibodies...
- Tachiiri A, Imamura R, Wang Y, Fukui M, Umemura M, Suda T. Genomic structure and inducible expression of the IL-22 receptor alpha chain in mice. Genes Immun. 2003;4:153-9 pubmed..Thus, the expression of the functional IL-22 receptor in the liver is regulated at the gene transcription level. ..
- Fukami T, Nakajima M, Sakai H, McLeod H, Yokoi T. CYP2A7 polymorphic alleles confound the genotyping of CYP2A6*4A allele. Pharmacogenomics J. 2006;6:401-12 pubmed..7% in European-Americans was corrected to 0%. The comprehensible and reliable genotyping method developed in this study would be useful to evaluate associations between the genotype and phenotype. ..
- Sakulsak N, Wakayama T, Hipkaeo W, Yamamoto M, Iseki S. Cloning and characterization of a novel animal lectin expressed in the rat sublingual gland. J Histochem Cytochem. 2005;53:1335-43 pubmed..These results suggested that rat SLAMP plays a specific role in the early secretory pathway of glycoproteins in specific types of mucous cells...
- Komatsu N, Takata M, Otsuki N, Ohka R, Amano O, Takehara K, et al. Elevated stratum corneum hydrolytic activity in Netherton syndrome suggests an inhibitory regulation of desquamation by SPINK5-derived peptides. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;118:436-43 pubmed
- Yonekura H, Sakurai S, Liu X, Migita H, Wang H, Yamagishi S, et al. Placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor B and C expression in microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes. Implication in autocrine and paracrine regulation of angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35172-8 pubmed..Furthermore, antisense inhibition of PlGF protein production lowered the endothelial cell synthesis of DNA under hypoxic conditions. The results suggest that these VEGF family members may also take active parts in angiogenesis. ..
- Ito M, Sugihara K, Asaka T, Toyama T, Yoshihara T, Furuichi K, et al. Glycoprotein hyposialylation gives rise to a nephrotic-like syndrome that is prevented by sialic acid administration in GNE V572L point-mutant mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29873 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it was possible to prevent the nephrotic-like disease in these mice by beginning Neu5Ac treatment during gestation. ..
- Takehisa J, Harada Y, Ndembi N, Mboudjeka I, Taniguchi Y, Ngansop C, et al. Natural infection of wild-born mandrills (Mandrillus sphinx) with two different types of simian immunodeficiency virus. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2001;17:1143-54 pubmed publisher..We therefore designated the Cameroonian SIVmnd as SIVmnd type 2 and redesignated SIVmndGB1 as SIVmnd type 1. To date, M. sphinx is the only primate species other than humans that is naturally infected with two different types of SIV...
- Fukami T, Nakajima M, Yamanaka H, Fukushima Y, McLeod H, Yokoi T. A novel duplication type of CYP2A6 gene in African-American population. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:515-20 pubmed..The findings in the present study suggested that the novel duplicated CYP2A6 allele, which is specific for African Americans, would increase nicotine metabolism and may affect smoking behavior. ..
- Koizumi Y, Kageyama S, Fujiyama Y, Miyashita M, Lwembe R, Ogino K, et al. RANTES -28G delays and DC-SIGN - 139C enhances AIDS progression in HIV type 1-infected Japanese hemophiliacs. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007;23:713-9 pubmed..These results suggest that RANTES -28G was associated with delayed AIDS progression, while DC-SIGN -139C was associated with accelerated AIDS progression in HIV-1-infected Japanese hemophiliacs. ..
- Le T, Zhang S, Hayashi N, Yasukawa M, Delgermaa L, Murakami S. Mutational analysis of human RNA polymerase II subunit 5 (RPB5): the residues critical for interactions with TFIIF subunit RAP30 and hepatitis B virus X protein. J Biochem. 2005;138:215-24 pubmed..Interestingly the residues exposed to solvent, T111 and S113, are very close to the DNA, implying that two factors may modulate the interaction between DNA and RPB5. ..
- Tsukada T, Watanabe M, Yamashima T. Implications of CAD and DNase II in ischemic neuronal necrosis specific for the primate hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2001;79:1196-206 pubmed..The interactions between apoptotic (caspase-3 and CAD) and necrotic (calpain, cathepsin and DNase II) cascades should be studied further. ..
- Demura M, Takeda Y, Yoneda T, Furukawa K, Usukura M, Itoh Y, et al. Two novel types of contiguous gene deletion of the AVPR2 and ARHGAP4 genes in unrelated Japanese kindreds with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Hum Mutat. 2002;19:23-9 pubmed..Both patients, despite lacking ARHGAP4, had no morphological, clinical, or laboratory abnormalities except for those usually found in patients with NDI...
- Hassan S, Ohtani K, Wang R, Yuan Y, Wang Y, Yamaguchi Y, et al. Transcriptional regulation of hemO encoding heme oxygenase in Clostridium perfringens. J Microbiol. 2010;48:96-101 pubmed publisher..perfringens in a human host. ..
- Fujiwara R, Nakajima M, Yamamoto T, Nagao H, Yokoi T. In silico and in vitro approaches to elucidate the thermal stability of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A9. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2009;24:235-44 pubmed..The results presented here provide a molecular basis for the thermal stability of human UGT1A9. ..
- Li Y, Wu Y, Tsuneyama K, Baba T, Mukaida N. Essential contribution of Ets-1 to constitutive Pim-3 expression in human pancreatic cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:396-404 pubmed publisher..These observations would indicate that the transcription factor Ets-1 can induce aberrant Pim-3 expression and subsequently prevent apoptosis in human pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Kobayashi A, Fujiki K, Murakami A, Kato T, Chen L, Onoe H, et al. Analysis of COL8A2 gene mutation in Japanese patients with Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy and posterior polymorphous dystrophy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2004;48:195-8 pubmed
- Kataoka K, Komori H, Ueki Y, Konno Y, Kamitaka Y, Kurose S, et al. Structure and function of the engineered multicopper oxidase CueO from Escherichia coli--deletion of the methionine-rich helical region covering the substrate-binding site. J Mol Biol. 2007;373:141-52 pubmed..The present engineering of CueO indicates that the methionine-rich alpha-helices function as a barrier to the access of bulky organic substrates, which provides CueO with specificity as a cuprous oxidase. ..