Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Locale: Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- Gandou C, Harada K, Sato Y, Igarashi S, Sasaki M, Ikeda H, et al. Hilar cholangiocarcinoma and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma share similar histopathologies, immunophenotypes, and development-related molecules. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:811-21 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the carcinogenesis of these carcinomas based on their similarities are warranted. ..
- Sasaki M, Matsubara T, Kakuda Y, Sato Y, Nakanuma Y. Immunostaining for polycomb group protein EZH2 and senescent marker p16INK4a may be useful to differentiate cholangiolocellular carcinoma from ductular reaction and bile duct adenoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2014;38:364-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, immunostaining for EZH2 and p16(INK4a) may be useful for differential diagnosis among cholangiolocellular carcinomas, bile duct adenomas, and ductular reactions. ..
- Yonekura H, Sakurai S, Liu X, Migita H, Wang H, Yamagishi S, et al. Placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor B and C expression in microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes. Implication in autocrine and paracrine regulation of angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35172-8 pubmed..Furthermore, antisense inhibition of PlGF protein production lowered the endothelial cell synthesis of DNA under hypoxic conditions. The results suggest that these VEGF family members may also take active parts in angiogenesis. ..
- Kawakami K, Ruszkiewicz A, Bennett G, Moore J, Watanabe G, Iacopetta B. The folate pool in colorectal cancers is associated with DNA hypermethylation and with a polymorphism in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:5860-5 pubmed..FIs could serve as biochemical markers for the risk of developing this disease, as well as for the prediction of toxicity and efficacy of fluorouracil-based treatments. ..
- Takahira M, Sakurai M, Sakurada N, Sugiyama K. Fenamates and diltiazem modulate lipid-sensitive mechano-gated 2P domain K(+) channels. Pflugers Arch. 2005;451:474-8 pubmed..These novel findings could help to further understand channel functions of the mechano-gated 2P domain K(+) channels. ..
- Hirohata M, Ono K, Naiki H, Yamada M. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have anti-amyloidogenic effects for Alzheimer's beta-amyloid fibrils in vitro. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:1088-99 pubmed..Although the mechanisms by which these NSAIDs inhibit fA beta formation from A beta, and destabilize preformed fA beta in vitro are still unclear, NSAIDs may be promising for the prevention and treatment of AD. ..
- Takamatsu H, Feng X, Chuhjo T, Lu X, Sugimori C, Okawa K, et al. Specific antibodies to moesin, a membrane-cytoskeleton linker protein, are frequently detected in patients with acquired aplastic anemia. Blood. 2007;109:2514-20 pubmed
- Nomura N, Nomura M, Newcomb E, Zagzag D. Geldanamycin induces G2 arrest in U87MG glioblastoma cells through downregulation of Cdc2 and cyclin B1. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;73:1528-36 pubmed..In conclusion, GA controls the stability of Cdc2 and cyclin B1 in glioblastomas cell species-dependently. Cdc2 and cyclin B1 might be responsible for the different responses of glioblastoma cell lines to GA. ..
- Takahashi S, Katoh M, Saitoh T, Nakajima M, Yokoi T. Different inhibitory effects in rat and human carboxylesterases. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:956-61 pubmed publisher..1 +/- 0.4 microM) and was similar to that for manidipine. The present study clarified the species differences in CES inhibition. These results are useful for the development of prodrugs. ..
- Naka K, Hoshii T, Hirao A. Novel therapeutic approach to eradicate tyrosine kinase inhibitor resistant chronic myeloid leukemia stem cells. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1577-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, development of methods that sensitize CML stem cells to TKI therapy may lead to novel therapies to treat CML patients. ..
- Matsubara K, Koshida H, Sakuta K, Takata T, Horii J, Iida H, et al. Radiation dose and physical image quality in 128-section dual-source computed tomographic coronary angiography: a phantom study. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2012;13:3959 pubmed publisher..The quality of the in-plane modulation transfer function differed, depending on spatial frequency. Therefore, the step-and-shoot mode should be applied initially because of its low absorbed radiation dose and superior image quality. ..
- Xu M, Sakamoto S, Matsushima J, Kimura T, Ueda T, Mizokami A, et al. Up-Regulation of LAT1 during Antiandrogen Therapy Contributes to Progression in Prostate Cancer Cells. J Urol. 2016;195:1588-1597 pubmed publisher..56, p = 0.0133). The current data may indicate a novel mechanism to acquire castration resistance through activation of the amino acid transporter LAT1. ..
- Gose T, Nakanishi T, Kamo S, Shimada H, Otake K, Tamai I. Prostaglandin transporter (OATP2A1/SLCO2A1) contributes to local disposition of eicosapentaenoic acid-derived PGE3. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2016;122:10-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PGE3 was found to be a substrate of OATP2A1, and local disposition of PGE3 could be regulated by OATP2A1 at least in the lung. ..
- Kahara T, Takamura T, Hayakawa T, Nagai Y, Yamaguchi H, Katsuki T, et al. PPARgamma gene polymorphism is associated with exercise-mediated changes of insulin resistance in healthy men. Metabolism. 2003;52:209-12 pubmed..We conclude that PPARgamma gene polymorphism may be a reliable indicator of whether exercise will have a beneficial effect as part of the treatment of insulin resistance syndrome. ..
- Yachie A, Toma T, Mizuno K, Okamoto H, Shimura S, Ohta K, et al. Heme oxygenase-1 production by peripheral blood monocytes during acute inflammatory illnesses of children. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003;228:550-6 pubmed
- Hatta N, Morita R, Yamada M, Echigo T, Hirano T, Takehara K, et al. Sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with extramammary Paget's disease. Dermatol Surg. 2004;30:1329-34 pubmed..To establish the optimal management of inguinal lymph nodes in extramammary Paget's disease, additional studies in large number of patients are needed. ..
- Matsushita Y, Shimada Y, Kawara S, Takehara K, Sato S. Autoantibodies directed against the protease inhibitor calpastatin in psoriasis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;139:355-62 pubmed..Calpain II expression was up-regulated in psoriasis skin lesions compared with normal skin while calpastatin expression was normal. The results of this study reveal the presence of anti-calpastatin autoantibody in psoriasis. ..
- Tsuchiya Y, Nakajima M, Takagi S, Taniya T, Yokoi T. MicroRNA regulates the expression of human cytochrome P450 1B1. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9090-8 pubmed..This is the first study to show that miRNAs regulate not only essential genes for physiologic events but also drug-metabolizing enzymes. ..
- Hayashi H, Yano M, Fujita Y, Wakusawa S. Compound overload of copper and iron in patients with Wilson's disease. Med Mol Morphol. 2006;39:121-6 pubmed..Iron overload in Wilson's disease might be worsened after treatment because of the close relation to hypoceruloplasminemia, in which the iron efflux from the liver to the circulation is disturbed. ..
- Zen Y, Fujii T, Itatsu K, Nakamura K, Minato H, Kasashima S, et al. Biliary papillary tumors share pathological features with intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas. Hepatology. 2006;44:1333-43 pubmed..In conclusion, biliary papillary tumors may be the biliary counterpart (intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct) of IPMN-P. ..
- Ishikawa S, Nakayama T, Watanabe M, Matsuzawa T. Visualization of flow resistance in physiological nasal respiration: analysis of velocity and vorticities using numerical simulation. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;132:1203-9 pubmed..The computational fluid dynamics model allows the investigation of airflow elements under physiological conditions, as well as the examination of the effect of nasal structure. ..
- Yamaori S, Ukena E, Fujiyama N, Funahashi T, Kimura T, Yamamoto I, et al. Nafamostat is hydrolysed by human liver cytosolic long-chain acyl-CoA hydrolase. Xenobiotica. 2007;37:260-70 pubmed..These results suggest that an isoform of long-chain acyl-CoA hydrolase may be responsible for the nafamostat hydrolysis in human liver cytosol. ..
- Kinuya S, Yoneyama T, Michigishi T. Airway complication occurring during radioiodine treatment for Graves' disease. Ann Nucl Med. 2007;21:367-9 pubmed..A histamine H1 receptor antagonist and hydrocortisone rapidly resolved symptoms in both cases. These two cases remind physicians that 131I therapy for Graves' disease may cause potentially life-threatening complications. ..
- Takagi S, Nakajima M, Mohri T, Yokoi T. Post-transcriptional regulation of human pregnane X receptor by micro-RNA affects the expression of cytochrome P450 3A4. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9674-80 pubmed publisher..This study will provide new insight into the unsolved mechanism of the large interindividual variability of CYP3A4 expression. ..
- Sasaki M, Ikeda H, Itatsu K, Yamaguchi J, Sawada S, Minato H, et al. The overexpression of polycomb group proteins Bmi1 and EZH2 is associated with the progression and aggressive biological behavior of hepatocellular carcinoma. Lab Invest. 2008;88:873-82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the overexpression of polycomb-group proteins Bmi1 and EZH2 is associated with the malignant progression of HCC, thereby reflecting the aggressive biological behavior in HCC and HC-CC. ..
- Hamaguchi T, Noguchi Shinohara M, Nozaki I, Nakamura Y, Sato T, Kitamoto T, et al. Medical procedures and risk for sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, Japan, 1999-2008. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:265-71 pubmed..Fortunately, we have not identified patients with prion disease attributed to these operations. Our findings indicate that surgical procedures or blood transfusion had little effect on the incidence of sCJD. ..
- Nakatani Y, Kojimoto M, Matsubara S, Takayanagi I. New legislation for offenders with mental disorders in Japan. Int J Law Psychiatry. 2010;33:7-12 pubmed publisher..Referring to the published data on outcomes of enforcement, this article discusses particularities, current problems, and future prospects of the system, drawing comparisons between the German and Japanese systems. ..
- Misaki K, Uchiyama N, Hayashi Y, Hamada J. Intracerebral hemorrhage secondary to ventriculoperitoneal shunt insertion--four case reports. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010;50:76-9 pubmed..Bleeding was attributable to venous occlusion due to intraoperative manipulation in Group 1, and to the vulnerability of brain tissue induced by a primary brain disease in Group 2. ..
- Mizuno T, Takahashi T, Cho R, Kikuchi M, Murata T, Takahashi K, et al. Assessment of EEG dynamical complexity in Alzheimer's disease using multiscale entropy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2010;121:1438-1446 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that entropy-based analytic methods with applied at temporal scales may serve as a complementary approach for characterizing and understanding abnormal cortical dynamics in AD. ..
- Watanabe A, Fukami T, Takahashi S, Kobayashi Y, Nakagawa N, Nakajima M, et al. Arylacetamide deacetylase is a determinant enzyme for the difference in hydrolase activities of phenacetin and acetaminophen. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:1532-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found that AADAC is the principal enzyme responsible for the phenacetin hydrolysis, and the difference of hydrolase activity between phenacetin and APAP is largely due to the substrate specificity of AADAC...
- Ishikawa I, Hayama S, Morita K, Nakazawa T, Yokoyama H, Honda R, et al. Long-term natural history of acquired cystic disease of the kidney. Ther Apher Dial. 2010;14:409-16 pubmed publisher..Kidney enlargement due to ACDK reached a plateau after 21.1 years of hemodialysis in the male patients. Partial regression of severe ACDK may occur naturally after long-term hemodialysis without renal transplantation. ..
- Ishida C, Komai K, Yonezawa K, Sakajiri K, Nitta E, Kawashima A, et al. An autopsy case of an aged patient with spinocerebellar ataxia type 2. Neuropathology. 2011;31:510-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that age at onset or the number of CAG repeat expansions could correlate with the distribution pattern of SCA2 neurodegeneration. ..
- Kikuchi M, Koenig T, Munesue T, Hanaoka A, Strik W, Dierks T, et al. EEG microstate analysis in drug-naive patients with panic disorder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22912 pubmed publisher..The altered resting state may be the starting point of the observed dysfunctional processing of phobic stimuli. ..
- Yoshida N, Doyama H, Nakanishi H, Tsuji K, Tominaga K, Matsunaga K, et al. White globe appearance is a novel specific endoscopic marker for gastric cancer: A prospective study. Dig Endosc. 2016;28:59-66 pubmed publisher..1%, 21.4%, and 97.5%, respectively. WGA prevalence in GC is significantly higher than that in NC. Because WGA is highly specific for GC, the presence of WGA is useful to diagnose GC. ..
- Nanjo S, Ebi H, Arai S, Takeuchi S, Yamada T, Mochizuki S, et al. High efficacy of third generation EGFR inhibitor AZD9291 in a leptomeningeal carcinomatosis model with EGFR-mutant lung cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3847-56 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the third generation EGFR-TKI AZD9291 may be an effective treatment for first or second generation EGFR-TKI resistant LMC caused by EGFR-mutant lung cancer. ..
- Hayashi T, Yamashita T, Okada H, Oishi N, Sunagozaka H, Nio K, et al. A Novel mTOR Inhibitor; Anthracimycin for the Treatment of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3397-3403 pubmed
- Takamori M, Maruta T. Immunoadsorption in myasthenia gravis based on specific ligands mimicking the immunogenic sites of the acetylcholine receptor. Ther Apher. 2001;5:340-50 pubmed
- Amano O, Yamane A, Shimada M, Koshimizu U, Nakamura T, Iseki S. Hepatocyte growth factor is essential for migration of myogenic cells and promotes their proliferation during the early periods of tongue morphogenesis in mouse embryos. Dev Dyn. 2002;223:169-79 pubmed..These results suggest that HGF regulates both the migration and proliferation of myogenic cells during the earlier stages of tongue development. ..
- Ohashi R, Tamai I, Inano A, Katsura M, Sai Y, Nezu J, et al. Studies on functional sites of organic cation/carnitine transporter OCTN2 (SLC22A5) using a Ser467Cys mutant protein. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;302:1286-94 pubmed..These results demonstrate that OCTN2 has functional sites for carnitine and Na(+) and that the carnitine-binding site is involved, in part, in the recognition of organic cations. ..
- Okamoto R, Ueno M, Yamada Y, Takahashi N, Sano H, Suda T, et al. Hematopoietic cells regulate the angiogenic switch during tumorigenesis. Blood. 2005;105:2757-63 pubmed..Our findings suggest that HCs are involved in tumor angiogenesis and regulate the angiogenic switch during tumorigenesis. ..
- Noji Y, Inazu A, Higashikata T, Nohara A, Kawashiri M, Yu W, et al. Identification of two novel missense mutations (p.R1221C and p.R1357W) in the ABCC6 (MRP6) gene in a Japanese patient with pseudoxanthoma elasticum (PXE). Intern Med. 2004;43:1171-6 pubmed..The second patient was homozygous for 2542_2543delG in ABCC6 gene and heterozygous for 6 kb deletion of LDL-R gene. This case is the first report of a genetically confirmed case of double mutations both in PXE and FH loci. ..
- Mitamura K, Setaka M, Shimada K, Honma S, Namiki M, Koh E, et al. Determination of sulfates of androsterone and epiandrosterone in human serum using isotope diluted liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry. Biomed Chromatogr. 2005;19:796-801 pubmed..The levels of these androgen sulfates tended to decrease during aging, and the A-S levels in the sera obtained from both healthy males and patients with PC were correlated with their EpiA-S levels. ..
- Kawahara E, Saito A, Kobayashi J, Maenaka S, Minamoto T, Imai M, et al. Adhesiveness of beta5 integrin variant lacking FNK767-769 is similar to that of the prototype containing FNKFNK764-769. Cell Biol Int. 2005;29:521-8 pubmed..CHO cells transfected with single-FNK and repeated-FNK showed similar adhesiveness to, and proliferative activity on, vitronectin substrates. ..
- Watanabe K, Tsuchiya H, Sakurakichi K, Yamamoto N, Kabata T, Tomita K. Tibial lengthening over an intramedullary nail. J Orthop Sci. 2005;10:480-5 pubmed..Furthermore, this combined procedure decreases the external fixation time and is associated with fewer complications. ..
- Ohta Y, Waseda R, Minato H, Endo N, Shimizu Y, Matsumoto I, et al. Surgical results in T2N0M0 nonsmall cell lung cancer patients with large tumors 5 cm or greater in diameter: what regulates outcome?. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:1180-4 pubmed..In addition to pleural involvement, the tumor-induced expression of angiostatin and endostatin merit further investigation to gain possible insights into selection of patients who will benefit from surgery as the first line treatment. ..
- Chen Y, Tachibana O, Oda M, Xu R, Hamada J, Yamashita J, et al. Increased expression of aquaporin 1 in human hemangioblastomas and its correlation with cyst formation. J Neurooncol. 2006;80:219-25 pubmed..021). Most hemangioblastomas showed a negative expression of AQP1 on endothelial cells. These results imply that increased expression of AQP1 in stromal cells may play a role in cyst formation and tumorigenesis of heman-gioblastomas. ..
- Hasegawa T, Takano F, Takata T, Niiyama M, Ohta T. Bioactive monoterpene glycosides conjugated with gallic acid from the leaves of Eucalyptus globulus. Phytochemistry. 2008;69:747-53 pubmed..These results suggested that globulusin A (1) and eucaglobulin (4), which were isolated as antioxidants from E. globulus, also had anti-inflammatory as well as anti-melanogenesis activity...
- Makino I, Kitagawa H, Ohta T, Nakagawara H, Tajima H, Ohnishi I, et al. Nerve plexus invasion in pancreatic cancer: spread patterns on histopathologic and embryological analyses. Pancreas. 2008;37:358-65 pubmed..These results about PLX invasion may provide important information to determine surgical strategy for carcinoma of the head of the pancreas. ..
- Komura T, Sakai Y, Honda M, Takamura T, Matsushima K, Kaneko S. CD14+ monocytes are vulnerable and functionally impaired under endoplasmic reticulum stress in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 2010;59:634-43 pubmed publisher..This implies that the affected monocytes should be investigated further to better understand diabetic immunity. ..
- Sasaki M, Miyakoshi M, Sato Y, Nakanuma Y. Autophagy mediates the process of cellular senescence characterizing bile duct damages in primary biliary cirrhosis. Lab Invest. 2010;90:835-43 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of autophagy suppressed cellular senescence in cultured cells. These findings suggest that autophagy may mediate the process of biliary epithelial senescence and involve in the pathogenesis of bile duct lesions in PBC. ..
- Kayahara M, Ohta T. Gross appearance of the ampullary tumor predicts lymph node metastasis and outcome. Dig Surg. 2010;27:127-31 pubmed publisher..Patterns of lymph node involvement in carcinoma of the papilla of Vater (CPV) have not been studied in detail to date, and factors associated with lymphatic metastases and surgical outcome of this disease remain to be determined...
- Yamamoto Y, Harashima A, Saito H, Tsuneyama K, Munesue S, Motoyoshi S, et al. Septic shock is associated with receptor for advanced glycation end products ligation of LPS. J Immunol. 2011;186:3248-57 pubmed publisher..The results thus suggest that RAGE can associate with LPS and that RAGE system can regulate inflammatory responses. Soluble RAGE would be a therapeutic tool for LPS-induced septic shock. ..
- Sato Y, Ren X, Harada K, Sasaki M, Morikawa H, Shiomi S, et al. Induction of elastin expression in vascular endothelial cells relates to hepatoportal sclerosis in idiopathic portal hypertension: possible link to serum anti-endothelial cell antibodies. Clin Exp Immunol. 2012;167:532-42 pubmed publisher
- Duan F, Watanabe K, Yoshimura Y, Kikuchi M, Minabe Y, Aihara K. Detection of atypical network development patterns in children with autism spectrum disorder using magnetoencephalography. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184422 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the atypical network developmental trajectory in children with ASD is associated with the development score rather than age...
- Kawano M, Seya T, Koni I, Mabuchi H. Elevated serum levels of soluble membrane cofactor protein (CD46, MCP) in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Clin Exp Immunol. 1999;116:542-6 pubmed..598, P = 0.0009). These results suggest that sCD46 reflects in vivo activation of complement system and provides an additional useful serum parameter of active SLE. ..
- Takahashi Y, Mai M, Nishioka K. alpha-difluoromethylornithine induces apoptosis as well as anti-angiogenesis in the inhibition of tumor growth and metastasis in a human gastric cancer model. Int J Cancer. 2000;85:243-7 pubmed..These results suggest that anti-angiogenesis and apoptosis play significant roles in the DFMO inhibition of the growth and metastasis in this human gastric cancer model and provide evidence that DFMO induces apoptosis. ..
- Higashi Y, Watanabe N, Sasaki T, Fujii Y. Establishment of enzyme immunoassay for measuring beta-methyldigoxin levels in human serum by specific antiserum. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:1251-7 pubmed..These results suggest that anti-beta-methyldigoxin 3'-hemisuccinate-BSA antiserum and PBA column treatment are useful to more precisely monitor the unchanged type of beta-methyldigoxin concentration in human serum. ..
- Konno T, Shimizu M, Ino H, Matsuyama T, Yamaguchi M, Terai H, et al. A novel missense mutation in the myosin binding protein-C gene is responsible for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with left ventricular dysfunction and dilation in elderly patients. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003;41:781-6 pubmed..Screening of patients with DCM, as well as HCM, for this mutation is of significant importance because patients with this mutation may be diagnosed clinically as having DCM. ..
- Yamanaka H, Nakajima M, Katoh M, Hara Y, Tachibana O, Yamashita J, et al. A novel polymorphism in the promoter region of human UGT1A9 gene (UGT1A9*22) and its effects on the transcriptional activity. Pharmacogenetics. 2004;14:329-32 pubmed..In conclusion, the mutant allele with one base insertion in the promoter region of the UGT1A9 gene would alter the level of enzyme expression and the metabolism of those drugs that are substrates of UGT1A9. ..
- Kanaya T, Kyo S, Sakaguchi J, Maida Y, Nakamura M, Takakura M, et al. Association of mismatch repair deficiency with PTEN frameshift mutations in endometrial cancers and the precursors in a Japanese population. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005;124:89-96 pubmed..These findings indicate that MLH1 hypermethylation is an early event frequently occurring in hyperplasia without atypia, whereas the PTEN mutation occurs later, mostly in atypical hyperplasia, possibly caused by MLH1 hypermethylation. ..
- Ueki K, Nakagawa K, Yamamoto E. Bite force and maxillofacial morphology in patients with Duchenne-type muscular dystrophy. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007;65:34-9 pubmed..05). These results appear to be very useful for improving the care and treatment of patients with Duchenne-type muscular dystrophy. ..
- Koizumi Y, Kageyama S, Fujiyama Y, Miyashita M, Lwembe R, Ogino K, et al. RANTES -28G delays and DC-SIGN - 139C enhances AIDS progression in HIV type 1-infected Japanese hemophiliacs. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007;23:713-9 pubmed..These results suggest that RANTES -28G was associated with delayed AIDS progression, while DC-SIGN -139C was associated with accelerated AIDS progression in HIV-1-infected Japanese hemophiliacs. ..
- Fujii T, Zen Y, Nakanuma Y. Minute scirrhous hepatocellular carcinomas undergoing different carcinogenetic processes. Pathol Int. 2007;57:443-8 pubmed..These two cases suggested that scirrhous HCC could occur in dysplastic nodules (the former case) and also develop de novo in cirrhotic liver (the latter case)...
- Abd El Aziz S, Endo Y, Miyamaori H, Takino T, Sato H. Cleavage of growth differentiation factor 15 (GDF15) by membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase abrogates GDF15-mediated suppression of tumor cell growth. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1330-5 pubmed..These results suggest that MT1-MMP contributes to tumor cell proliferation through the cleavage of GDF15, which down-regulates cell proliferation by inducing activation of p53 and p21 synthesis. ..
- Matsumoto Y, Kasashima S, Kawashima A, Sasaki H, Endo M, Kawakami K, et al. A case of multiple immunoglobulin G4-related periarteritis: a tumorous lesion of the coronary artery and abdominal aortic aneurysm. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:975-80 pubmed publisher..This case report suggested that IgG4-related disease can occur in the vascular system and manifest as an aneurysm or a periarterial mass lesion. ..
- Matsuura K, Wakasugi M, Yamashita K, Matsunaga T. Cleavage-mediated activation of Chk1 during apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25485-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Chk1 is activated by caspase-mediated cleavage during apoptosis and might be implicated in enhancing apoptotic reactions rather than attenuating the ATR-Chk1 pathway. ..
- Shibata Hamaguchi A, Ishida C, Iwasa K, Yamada M. Prevalence of spinocerebellar degenerations in the Hokuriku district in Japan. Neuroepidemiology. 2009;32:176-83 pubmed publisher..We report unprecedented epidemiologic data on SCDs in the Hokuriku district, which is located in the central, western part of Japan...
- Kabata T, Shimanuki K, Shimanuki K, Tsuchiya H. Osteonecrosis of the femoral head and glaucoma caused by topical corticosteroid application. Mod Rheumatol. 2011;21:706-9 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to recognize that continuous topical corticosteroid therapy may cause the same pathological conditions as those caused by the systemic administration of these agents. ..
- Ohkubo S, Higashide T, Takeda H, Murotani E, Hayashi Y, Sugiyama K. Relationship between macular ganglion cell complex parameters and visual field parameters after tumor resection in chiasmal compression. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2012;56:68-75 pubmed publisher..Preoperative GCC parameters, especially FLV, may be useful in predicting visual function following surgical decompression of chiasmal compression. ..
- Higashida H, Yokoyama S, Kikuchi M, Munesue T. CD38 and its role in oxytocin secretion and social behavior. Horm Behav. 2012;61:351-8 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Oxytocin, Vasopressin, and Social Behavior. ..
- Fukami T, Yokoi T. The emerging role of human esterases. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2012;27:466-77 pubmed..Further esterase studies should be conducted to promote our understanding in clinical pharmacotherapy and drug development. ..
- Wada T, Kanegane H, Ohta K, Katoh F, Imamura T, Nakazawa Y, et al. Sustained elevation of serum interleukin-18 and its association with hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in XIAP deficiency. Cytokine. 2014;65:74-8 pubmed publisher..These findings may suggest the association between HLH susceptibility and high serum IL-18 levels in XIAP deficiency. ..
- Ishihara K, Watanabe R, Uchida H, Suzuki T, Yamashita M, Takenaka H, et al. Novel glycosylated mycosporine-like amino acid, 13-O-(β-galactosyl)-porphyra-334, from the edible cyanobacterium Nostoc sphaericum-protective activity on human keratinocytes from UV light. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;172:102-108 pubmed publisher..sphaericum as a major MAA. We also consider that the newly identified MAA, β-Gal-P334 has a potential for use as an ingredient of cosmetics and toiletries. ..
- Hasegawa M, Fujisawa H, Hayashi Y, Tachibana O, Kida S, Yamashita J. Surgical pathology of spinal schwannomas: a light and electron microscopic analysis of tumor capsules. Neurosurgery. 2001;49:1388-92; discussion 1392-3 pubmed..Although spinal schwannomas are often encountered, the pathology of the tumor capsule has not been reported. In this study, we describe the ultrastructural pathology of the tumor capsule of spinal schwannomas...
- Nitta K, Kataoka K, Sakurai T. Primary structure of a Japanese lacquer tree laccase as a prototype enzyme of multicopper oxidases. J Inorg Biochem. 2002;91:125-31 pubmed..0%). The alpha-helix content was predicted to be only 4.3%. The location of these secondary structures was assumed to be very similar to those of ascorbate oxidase and fungal laccase, the crystal structures of which have been determined. ..
- Nakajima M, Fujiki Y, Noda K, Ohtsuka H, Ohkuni H, Kyo S, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of CYP2C8 in Japanese population. Drug Metab Dispos. 2003;31:687-90 pubmed..Although several SNPs such as CYP2C8*2, CYP2C8*3, CYP2C8*4, and P404A have been reported to reduce the enzymatic activity, pharmacokinetic abnormalities of drugs metabolized by polymorphic CYP2C8 might be rare in Japanese. ..
- Kanazawa Y, Tsuchiya H, Nonomura A, Takazawa K, Yamamoto N, Tomita K. Intentional marginal excision of osteosarcoma of the proximal fibula to preserve limb function. J Orthop Sci. 2003;8:757-61 pubmed..For patients with osteosarcoma of the proximal fibula, this approach provides a better quality of life than conventional wide excision...
- Ono K, Yoshiike Y, Takashima A, Hasegawa K, Naiki H, Yamada M. Vitamin A exhibits potent antiamyloidogenic and fibril-destabilizing effects in vitro. Exp Neurol. 2004;189:380-92 pubmed..Although the exact mechanisms are still unclear, vitamins A and beta-carotene could be key molecules for the prevention and therapy of AD. ..
- Kobayashi T, Harada K, Miwa K, Nakanuma Y. Helicobacter genus DNA fragments are commonly detectable in bile from patients with extrahepatic biliary diseases and associated with their pathogenesis. Dig Dis Sci. 2005;50:862-7 pubmed..bilis are commonly detectable in the bile of patients with extrahepatic biliary diseases, whether benign or malignant, implying that the Helicobacter genus may be directly or indirectly involved in the pathogenesis of these diseases...
- Sakai N, Wada T, Yokoyama H, Lipp M, Ueha S, Matsushima K, et al. Secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (SLC/CCL21)/CCR7 signaling regulates fibrocytes in renal fibrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14098-103 pubmed..Thus, the CCL21/CCR7 signaling of fibrocytes may provide therapeutic targets for combating renal fibrosis. ..
- Uramoto N, Furukawa M, Yoshizaki T. Malignant phosphaturic mesenchymal tumor, mixed connective tissue variant of the tongue. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2009;36:104-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest clinical feature of malignant PMTMCT could be changed by radiation therapy. Thus, this report could add an insight to the nature of PMTMCT...
- Furuichi K, Wada T, Kaneko S, Murphy P. Roles of chemokines in renal ischemia/reperfusion injury. Front Biosci. 2008;13:4021-8 pubmed..A number of challenges of chemokine targeted therapy is trying to prevent the ischemic injury, and will give some beneficial effect on the injury. ..
- Nishimura F, Kimura Y, Abe S, Fukunaga T, Minami J, Tanii H, et al. Effects of functional polymorphisms related to catecholaminergic systems on changes in blood catecholamine and cardiovascular measures after alcohol ingestion in the Japanese population. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2008;32:1937-46 pubmed publisher
- Ogawa F, Shimizu K, Hara T, Muroi E, Hasegawa M, Takehara K, et al. Serum levels of heat shock protein 70, a biomarker of cellular stress, are elevated in patients with systemic sclerosis: association with fibrosis and vascular damage. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2008;26:659-62 pubmed..These results suggest that Hsp70 is a useful serological marker for evaluating cellular stresses and the disease severity in SSc. ..
- Asai E, Wada T, Sakakibara Y, Toga A, Toma T, Shimizu T, et al. Analysis of mutations and recombination activity in RAG-deficient patients. Clin Immunol. 2011;138:172-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that functional evaluation together with molecular analysis contributes to our broader understanding of RAG deficiency. ..