Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Locale: Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- Koriyama Y, Takagi Y, Chiba K, Yamazaki M, Arai K, Matsukawa T, et al. Neuritogenic activity of a genipin derivative in retinal ganglion cells is mediated by retinoic acid receptor ? expression through nitric oxide/S-nitrosylation signaling. J Neurochem. 2011;119:1232-42 pubmed publisher..The both neuroprotective and neuritogenic activities of genipin could be a new target for the regeneration of retinal ganglion cells after glaucomatous conditions. ..
- Sanae F, Miyamoto K, Koshiura R. Altered adrenergic response and specificity of the receptors in rat ascites hepatoma AH130. Cancer Res. 1989;49:6242-6 pubmed
- Yokogawa K, Shimada T, Higashi Y, Itoh Y, Masue T, Ishizaki J, et al. Modulation of mdr1a and CYP3A gene expression in the intestine and liver as possible cause of changes in the cyclosporin A disposition kinetics by dexamethasone. Biochem Pharmacol. 2002;63:777-83 pubmed..Our results indicate that the drug interaction between CyA and DEX is a consequence of modulation of P-gp and CYP3A2 gene expression by DEX, with differential dose-dependence...
- Shibamori M, Ogino K, Kambayashi Y, Ishiyama H. Intranasal mite allergen induces allergic asthma-like responses in NC/Nga mice. Life Sci. 2006;78:987-94 pubmed..None of the study parameters were increased in response to intranasal exposure to ovalbumin. These data demonstrated that NC/Nga mice developed allergic asthma-like responses after intranasal exposure to mite allergens. ..
- Kong L, Ueno M, Itoh M, Yoshioka K, Takakura N. Identification and characterization of mouse PSF1-binding protein, SLD5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:1204-7 pubmed..Tissue distribution of SLD5 was quite similar to that of PSF1. When overexpressed, SLD5 protein was co-localized with PSF1. These data suggest that PSF1 and SLD5 may cooperate in the proliferation of immature cell populations...
- Sugimoto H, Endoh H. Analysis of fruiting body development in the aggregative ciliate Sorogena stoianovitchae (Ciliophora, Colpodea). J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2006;53:96-102 pubmed..Therefore, an uninterrupted dark period of more than 8 h is critical for the initial aggregation of cells, but subsequent development is triggered by light. ..
- Azizur Rahman M, Hasegawa H, Mahfuzur Rahman M, Mazid Miah M, Tasmin A. Arsenic accumulation in rice (Oryza sativa L.): human exposure through food chain. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2008;69:317-24 pubmed..Therefore, a hypothesis has been put forward elucidating the possible food chain pathways through which arsenic may enter into human body. ..
- Wakasugi M, Matsuura K, Nagasawa A, Fu D, Shimizu H, Yamamoto K, et al. DDB1 gene disruption causes a severe growth defect and apoptosis in chicken DT40 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:771-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the DDB1 gene is indispensable for cell viability in higher vertebrates and this conditional DDB1-knockout clone would be highly useful for the functional analysis of DDB1. ..
- Sasaki Y, Suzuki W, Shimada T, Iizuka S, Nakamura S, Nagata M, et al. Dose dependent development of diabetes mellitus and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in monosodium glutamate-induced obese mice. Life Sci. 2009;85:490-8 pubmed publisher..A small amount of MSG in the newborn develops obesity and the other complications without hyperphagia after a long term. ..
- Suo M, Isao H, Ishida Y, Shimano Y, Bi C, Kato H, et al. Phenolic lipid ingredients from cashew nuts. J Nat Med. 2012;66:133-9 pubmed publisher..The isolated compounds showed moderate inhibitory activities on cytochrome CYP3A4 enzyme...
- Higashi K, Tanaka C, Imanishi K, Sawamoto K, Horikawa T, Ohkawa H, et al. Influence of long-term enteral nutrition on pharmacokinetics of digoxin in rats. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2013;28:44-52 pubmed..Semi-digested diet also altered digoxin pharmacokinetics in humans. Thus, the effect of long-term EN on digoxin pharmacokinetics depended on the dietary components. ..
- Ota C, Ishizawa K, Yamada M, Tando Y, He M, Takahashi T, et al. Receptor for advanced glycation end products expressed on alveolar epithelial cells is the main target for hyperoxia-induced lung injury. Respir Investig. 2016;54:98-108 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that RAGE on AECs mainly contributed to hyperoxia-induced lung injury and alveolar-capillary barrier disruption. ..
- Asano N, Nishida M, Kato A, Kizu H, Matsui K, Shimada Y, et al. Homonojirimycin isomers and N-alkylated homonojirimycins: structural and conformational basis of inhibition of glycosidases. J Med Chem. 1998;41:2565-71 pubmed..These data imply that inhibition of HIV by glycosidase inhibitors can be due to factors other than simply inhibition of processing alpha-glucosidase I. ..
- Yabuuchi H, Tamai I, Nezu J, Sakamoto K, Oku A, Shimane M, et al. Novel membrane transporter OCTN1 mediates multispecific, bidirectional, and pH-dependent transport of organic cations. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999;289:768-73 pubmed..Accordingly, OCTN1 was functionally demonstrated to be a multispecific and pH-dependent organic cation transporter, which presumably functions as a proton/organic cation antiporter at the renal apical membrane and other tissues. ..
- Yonekura H, Migita H, Sakurai S, Wang H, Harada S, Abedin M, et al. Antisense display--a method for functional gene screening: evaluation in a cell-free system and isolation of angiogenesis-related genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:2591-600 pubmed..The results suggest that the antisense display method is potentially useful for isolating new genes towards elucidating their functions. ..
- Takahashi Y, Mai M, Nishioka K. alpha-difluoromethylornithine induces apoptosis as well as anti-angiogenesis in the inhibition of tumor growth and metastasis in a human gastric cancer model. Int J Cancer. 2000;85:243-7 pubmed..These results suggest that anti-angiogenesis and apoptosis play significant roles in the DFMO inhibition of the growth and metastasis in this human gastric cancer model and provide evidence that DFMO induces apoptosis. ..
- Takehisa J, Harada Y, Ndembi N, Mboudjeka I, Taniguchi Y, Ngansop C, et al. Natural infection of wild-born mandrills (Mandrillus sphinx) with two different types of simian immunodeficiency virus. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2001;17:1143-54 pubmed publisher..We therefore designated the Cameroonian SIVmnd as SIVmnd type 2 and redesignated SIVmndGB1 as SIVmnd type 1. To date, M. sphinx is the only primate species other than humans that is naturally infected with two different types of SIV...
- Nishijima K, Miwa K, Miyashita T, Kinami S, Ninomiya I, Fushida S, et al. Impact of the biliary diversion procedure on carcinogenesis in Barrett's esophagus surgically induced by duodenoesophageal reflux in rats. Ann Surg. 2004;240:57-67 pubmed..It is likely that the converting procedure from the esophagojejunostomy to induce DER to biliary diversion does not lead to regression of BE but prevents the development of esophageal adenocarcinoma in the rats. ..
- Ito M, Ohbayashi M, Furukawa M, Okoyama S. Neuroprotective effects of TJ-23 (Tokishakuyakusan) on adult rat motoneurons following peripheral facial nerve axotomy. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;136:225-30 pubmed..Antioxidants may have therapeutic potential in traumatic facial nerve dysfunction resulting from head injury, ear surgery, and parotid gland surgery. ..
- Matsushita Y, Hasegawa M, Matsushita T, Fujimoto M, Horikawa M, Fujita T, et al. Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 deficiency attenuates the development of skin fibrosis in tight-skin mice. J Immunol. 2007;179:698-707 pubmed..Thus, our findings indicate that ICAM-1 expression contributes to the development of skin fibrosis in TSK/+ mice, especially via ICAM-1 expressed on skin fibroblasts. ..
- Ma D, Tao B, Warashina S, Kotani S, Lu L, Kaplamadzhiev D, et al. Expression of free fatty acid receptor GPR40 in the central nervous system of adult monkeys. Neurosci Res. 2007;58:394-401 pubmed publisher..The present data first provide a morphological basis for clarifying the role of GPR40 in the primate CNS...
- Sawada S, Harada K, Isse K, Sato Y, Sasaki M, Kaizaki Y, et al. Involvement of Escherichia coli in pathogenesis of xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis with scavenger receptor class A and CXCL16-CXCR6 interaction. Pathol Int. 2007;57:652-63 pubmed
- Sekimoto T, Iwami M, Sakurai S. 20-Hydroxyecdysone regulation of two isoforms of the Ets transcription factor E74 gene in programmed cell death in the silkworm anterior silk gland. Insect Mol Biol. 2007;16:581-90 pubmed..In contrast, BmE74B expression peaked on day 5 of the feeding period, after which it did not increase again. These findings suggest that the BmE74 isoforms play different roles in the regulation of programmed cell death in B. mori ASGs. ..
- Kato Y, Sugiura T, Nakadera Y, Sugiura M, Kubo Y, Sato T, et al. Investigation of the role of oligopeptide transporter PEPT1 and sodium/glucose cotransporter SGLT1 in intestinal absorption of their substrates using small GTP-binding protein Rab8-null mice. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:602-7 pubmed publisher..The present findings also illustrate the pharmacokinetic influence of the sorting machinery protein Rab8. ..
- Iwata Y, Furuichi K, Sakai N, Yamauchi H, Shinozaki Y, Zhou H, et al. Dendritic cells contribute to autoimmune kidney injury in MRL-Faslpr mice. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:306-14 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that DC secrete HMGB-1 via p38 MAPK activation to participate in autoimmunity in MRL-Fas(lpr) mice. ..
- Takeuchi M, Yamagishi S. Involvement of toxic AGEs (TAGE) in the pathogenesis of diabetic vascular complications and Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;16:845-58 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the pathophysiological role for AGEs in the development and progression of diabetic vascular complications and AD, especially focusing on TAGE. ..
- Yamashima T, Oikawa S. The role of lysosomal rupture in neuronal death. Prog Neurobiol. 2009;89:343-58 pubmed publisher..As the autophagy-lysosomal degradation pathway is a target of oxidative stress, the implication of autophagy is also discussed. ..
- Watanabe A, Fukami T, Takahashi S, Kobayashi Y, Nakagawa N, Nakajima M, et al. Arylacetamide deacetylase is a determinant enzyme for the difference in hydrolase activities of phenacetin and acetaminophen. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:1532-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found that AADAC is the principal enzyme responsible for the phenacetin hydrolysis, and the difference of hydrolase activity between phenacetin and APAP is largely due to the substrate specificity of AADAC...
- Seok Y, Azam M, Okamoto Y, Sato A, Yoshioka K, Maeda M, et al. Enhanced Ca2+-dependent activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase class II? isoform-Rho axis in blood vessels of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hypertension. 2010;56:934-41 pubmed publisher..The Ca(2+)- and PI3K-C2?-dependent Rho stimulation in vascular smooth muscle may be a novel, promising target for treating hypertension. ..
- Takamura T, Misu H, Ota T, Kaneko S. Fatty liver as a consequence and cause of insulin resistance: lessons from type 2 diabetic liver. Endocr J. 2012;59:745-63 pubmed..In this review, we focus on NAFLD both as a consequence and as a cause of insulin resistance through lessons learned from the liver of patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Maruyama K, Morishita E, Karato M, Kadono T, Sekiya A, Goto Y, et al. Antithrombin deficiency in three Japanese families: one novel and two reported point mutations in the antithrombin gene. Thromb Res. 2013;132:e118-23 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the R56C mutant is responsible for type II HBS deficiency. We considered that the A459D and P112R mutants can be classified as belonging to the type I AT deficiency. ..
- Naka K, Ishihara K, Jomen Y, Jin C, Kim D, Gu Y, et al. Novel oral transforming growth factor-β signaling inhibitor EW-7197 eradicates CML-initiating cells. Cancer Sci. 2016;107:140-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that EW-7197 may be a promising candidate for a new therapeutic that can greatly benefit CML patients by working in combination with TKIs to eradicate CML-LICs. ..
- Shiba I, Kouzaki R, Yamada H, Endo Y, Takino T, Sato H, et al. Design and Synthesis of Novel Anti-metastatic Hypoxic Cytotoxin TX-2137 Targeting AKT Kinase. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3877-3883 pubmed..TX-2137 may be a potent lead compound in the development of a novel anti-metastatic AKT kinase inhibitor. ..
- Takeno S, Hirano Y, Kitamura A, Sakai T. Comparative developmental toxicity and metabolism of nitrazepam in rats and mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1993;121:233-8 pubmed
- Yonekura H, Sakurai S, Liu X, Migita H, Wang H, Yamagishi S, et al. Placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor B and C expression in microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes. Implication in autocrine and paracrine regulation of angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35172-8 pubmed..Furthermore, antisense inhibition of PlGF protein production lowered the endothelial cell synthesis of DNA under hypoxic conditions. The results suggest that these VEGF family members may also take active parts in angiogenesis. ..
- Myou S, Fujimura M, Kurashima K, Kita T, Tachibana H, Ishiura Y, et al. Effects of suplatast tosilate, a new type of anti-allergic agent, on airway cough hypersensitivity induced by airway allergy in guinea-pigs. Clin Exp Allergy. 2001;31:1939-44 pubmed..These results indicate that suplatast inhibits airway cough hypersensitivity underlying allergic eosinophilic inflammation. ..
- Tsutsumi T, Kobayashi S, Liu Y, Kontani H. Anti-hyperglycemic effect of fangchinoline isolated from Stephania tetrandra Radix in streptozotocin-diabetic mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2003;26:313-7 pubmed..The demethylation of 7-O-position and/or addition of 2- or 2'-N-oxide side chain in bis-benzylisoquinoline compounds in Stephania have a role for the induction of the anti-hyperglycemic actions...
- Takano F, Yahagi N, Yahagi R, Takada S, Yamaguchi M, Shoda S, et al. The liquid culture filtrates of Paecilomyces tenuipes (Peck) Samson (=Isaria japonica Yasuda) and Paecilomyces cicadae (Miquel) Samson (=Isaria sinclairii (Berk.) Llond) regulate Th1 and Th2 cytokine response in murine Peyer's patch cells in vitro an. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005;5:903-16 pubmed..Taken together, there is a possibility of PTCF and PCCF being therapeutic or preventive agents for immune diseases such as cancer, allergy and parasitic disease through activation of mucosal immune response. ..
- Oribe Y, Fujimura M, Kita T, Katayama N, Nishitsuji M, Hara J, et al. Attenuating effect of H+K+ATPase inhibitors on airway cough hypersensitivity induced by allergic airway inflammation in guinea-pigs. Clin Exp Allergy. 2005;35:262-7 pubmed..These findings show that PPIs, but not histamine H(2) blockers, can directly decrease antigen-induced cough reflex hypersensitivity, while the mechanism remains unclear. ..
- Hara A, Wada T, Furuichi K, Sakai N, Kawachi H, Shimizu F, et al. Blockade of VEGF accelerates proteinuria, via decrease in nephrin expression in rat crescentic glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int. 2006;69:1986-95 pubmed..VEGF may play a role in maintaining the podocyte function as well as renal vasculature, thereby protecting glomeruli and interstitium from progressive renal insults. ..
- Katoh M, Sawada T, Soeno Y, Nakajima M, Tateno C, Yoshizato K, et al. In vivo drug metabolism model for human cytochrome P450 enzyme using chimeric mice with humanized liver. J Pharm Sci. 2007;96:428-37 pubmed..In conclusion, the chimeric mice exhibited a humanized profile of drug metabolism and the inhibition of P450. ..
- Nakajima M, Yamanaka H, Fujiwara R, Katoh M, Yokoi T. Stereoselective glucuronidation of 5-(4'-hydroxyphenyl)-5-phenylhydantoin by human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A1, UGT1A9, and UGT2B15: effects of UGT-UGT interactions. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1679-86 pubmed..In conclusion, we found that 4'-HPPH O-glucuronide formation in human liver microsomes is catalyzed by UGT1A1, UGT1A9, and UGT2B15 in a stereoselective manner, being modulated by interaction with other UGT1A isoforms. ..
- Matsushita T, Fujimoto M, Hasegawa M, Matsushita Y, Komura K, Ogawa F, et al. BAFF antagonist attenuates the development of skin fibrosis in tight-skin mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:2772-80 pubmed..The results suggest that BAFF/BAFF receptor system is critical for the development of skin fibrosis in TSK/+ mice and could be a potent therapeutical target. ..
- Komura K, Fujimoto M, Yanaba K, Matsushita T, Matsushita Y, Horikawa M, et al. Blockade of CD40/CD40 ligand interactions attenuates skin fibrosis and autoimmunity in the tight-skin mouse. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;67:867-72 pubmed..The hyperresponsiveness to CD40 stimulation was also observed in TSK/+ B cells and fibroblasts. Cutaneous fibrosis and autoimmunity in TSK/+ mice are closely correlated with CD40/CD40L interactions. ..
- Lopatina O, Liu H, Amina S, Hashii M, Higashida H. Oxytocin-induced elevation of ADP-ribosyl cyclase activity, cyclic ADP-ribose or Ca(2+) concentrations is involved in autoregulation of oxytocin secretion in the hypothalamus and posterior pituitary in male mice. Neuropharmacology. 2010;58:50-5 pubmed publisher
- Shirasaka Y, Mori T, Shichiri M, Nakanishi T, Tamai I. Functional pleiotropy of organic anion transporting polypeptide OATP2B1 due to multiple binding sites. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2012;27:360-4 pubmed..Accordingly, it is likely that drug-drug and drug-beverage interactions occur only when two drugs share the same binding site on OATP2B1. ..
- Shimizu M, Fukami T, Kobayashi Y, Takamiya M, Aoki Y, Nakajima M, et al. A novel polymorphic allele of human arylacetamide deacetylase leads to decreased enzyme activity. Drug Metab Dispos. 2012;40:1183-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found an AADAC allele that yielded decreased enzyme activity. This study should provide useful information on interindividual variations in AADAC enzyme activity. ..
- Maeda Y, Echizen K, Oshima H, Yu L, Sakulsak N, Hirose O, et al. Myeloid Differentiation Factor 88 Signaling in Bone Marrow-Derived Cells Promotes Gastric Tumorigenesis by Generation of Inflammatory Microenvironment. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016;9:253-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inhibition of TLR/MyD88 signaling together with COX-2/PGE2 pathway will be an effective preventive strategy for gastric cancer. ..
- Tsukada T, Watanabe M, Yamashima T. Implications of CAD and DNase II in ischemic neuronal necrosis specific for the primate hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2001;79:1196-206 pubmed..The interactions between apoptotic (caspase-3 and CAD) and necrotic (calpain, cathepsin and DNase II) cascades should be studied further. ..
- Arakawa K, Endo Y, Kimura M, Yoshida T, Kitaoka T, Inakazu T, et al. Multifunctional anti-angiogenic activity of the cyclic peroxide ANO-2 with antitumor activity. Int J Cancer. 2002;100:220-7 pubmed
- Takaki K, Sakurai S. Regulation of prothoracic gland ecdysteroidogenic activity leading to pupal metamorphosis. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;33:1189-99 pubmed
- Sato Y, Harada K, Kizawa K, Sanzen T, Furubo S, Yasoshima M, et al. Activation of the MEK5/ERK5 cascade is responsible for biliary dysgenesis in a rat model of Caroli's disease. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:49-60 pubmed..As the MEK5-ERK5 interaction is highly specific, it may represent a potential target of therapy. ..
- Watanabe C, Kato Y, Sugiura T, Kubo Y, Wakayama T, Iseki S, et al. PDZ adaptor protein PDZK2 stimulates transport activity of organic cation/carnitine transporter OCTN2 by modulating cell surface expression. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34:1927-34 pubmed..The present data have thus proposed an "intracellular pool" for OCTN2 that may be relevant to the stabilization of cell surface expression of OCTN2, thereby increasing transport activity for carnitine. ..
- Takahashi N, Nakashima H. Negative correlation of G+C content at silent substitution sites between orthologous human and mouse protein-coding sequences. DNA Res. 2006;13:135-40 pubmed..In contrast, human matrix metalloproteinase 23B was G+C-rich at silent substitution sites, while the mouse ortholog was A+T-rich. We discuss possible implications of this significant negative correlation of G+C content at silent sites. ..
- Koga K, Tomoyama M, Ohyanagi K, Takada K. Pharmacokinetics of glycyrrhizin in normal and albumin-deficient rats. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2008;29:373-81 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that a typical dose of GZ in chronic hepatitis patients whose serum albumin level is low will not cause a decrease of therapeutic effect compared with patients with a normal serum albumin level. ..
- Minami K, Nakajima M, Fujiki Y, Katoh M, Gonzalez F, Yokoi T. Regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 and lipoprotein lipase by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. J Toxicol Sci. 2008;33:405-13 pubmed..These results suggest that serum triglyceride levels are not correlated with hepatic Lpl expression levels. In the present study, we found that Ahr paradoxically regulates Igfbp-1 and Lpl expressions in the liver. ..
- Nagashima M, Saito J, Mawatari K, Mori Y, Matsukawa T, Koriyama Y, et al. A hypoplastic retinal lamination in the purpurin knock down embryo in zebrafish. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;664:517-24 pubmed publisher..These data strongly indicate that purpurin is a key molecule for the cell differentiation during early retinal development in zebrafish under transcriptional crx regulation. ..
- Lopatina O, Inzhutova A, Pichugina Y, Okamoto H, Salmina A, Higashida H. Reproductive experience affects parental retrieval behaviour associated with increased plasma oxytocin levels in wild-type and CD38-knockout mice. J Neuroendocrinol. 2011;23:1125-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that parental behaviour is improved by reproductive experience, especially in Cd38?(-/-) dams, and suggest that these effects may be a result of increased oxytocin levels. ..
- Akther S, Korshnova N, Zhong J, Liang M, Cherepanov S, Lopatina O, et al. CD38 in the nucleus accumbens and oxytocin are related to paternal behavior in mice. Mol Brain. 2013;6:41 pubmed publisher..CD38 in the NAcc and OT are critical in paternal behavior. ..
- Nishida Y, Miyamori H, Thompson E, Takino T, Endo Y, Sato H. Activation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) by membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase through an artificial receptor for proMMP-2 generates active MMP-2. Cancer Res. 2008;68:9096-104 pubmed publisher..MSP-T2 is a unique tool to analyze physiologic and pathologic roles of MMP-2 and MT1-MMP in comparison with TIMP-2. ..
- Matsui H, Kakei M, Iwami M, Sakurai S. Hormonal regulation of the death commitment in programmed cell death of the silkworm anterior silk glands. J Insect Physiol. 2012;58:1575-81 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the acquisition of responsiveness to 20E precedes the loss of JH sensitivity, and that the death commitment in ASGs occurs between V5 and 6. ..
- Kato Y, Izukawa T, Oda S, Fukami T, Finel M, Yokoi T, et al. Human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 2B10 in drug N-glucuronidation: substrate screening and comparison with UGT1A3 and UGT1A4. Drug Metab Dispos. 2013;41:1389-97 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study expands the understanding of the substrate specificity of UGT2B10, highlighting its preference for tertiary amines with higher affinities and clearance values than those of UGT1A4 and UGT1A3. ..
- Katoh M, Nakajima M, Yamazaki H, Yokoi T. Inhibitory effects of CYP3A4 substrates and their metabolites on P-glycoprotein-mediated transport. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2001;12:505-13 pubmed..It would be possible more complicated drug-drug interactions would be caused by the metabolites as well as their parent drugs in the liver and the intestine via the inhibition of CYP3A4 and P-gp. ..
- Tsukamoto S, Tane K, Ohta T, Matsunaga S, Fusetani N, van Soest R. Four new bioactive pyrrole-derived alkaloids from the marine sponge Axinella brevistyla. J Nat Prod. 2001;64:1576-8 pubmed..0, <1.0, 30, and 100 microg/disk, respectively. Compounds 1-3 also exhibited cytotoxicity against L1210 cells with IC(50) values of 1.1, 0.66, and 2.5 microg/mL, respectively. ..
- Kitamura K, Nakamoto Y, Akiyama M, Fujii C, Kondo T, Kobayashi K, et al. Pathogenic roles of tumor necrosis factor receptor p55-mediated signals in dimethylnitrosamine-induced murine liver fibrosis. Lab Invest. 2002;82:571-83 pubmed..Collectively, TNFRp55-mediated signals may regulate activation of Kupffer cells and HSCs and eventually enhance fibrotic process. ..
- Nishida H, Tsuchiya H, Tomita K. Re-implantation of tumour tissue treated by cryotreatment with liquid nitrogen induces anti-tumour activity against murine osteosarcoma. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008;90:1249-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the treatment of malignant bone tumours by reconstruction using autografts containing tumours which have been treated by liquid nitrogen may be of clinical value. ..
- Suzuki T, Sakurai S, Iwami M. Rectal sac distention is induced by 20-hydroxyecdysone in the pupa of Bombyx mori. J Insect Physiol. 2009;55:250-4 pubmed publisher..We conclude that rectal sac distention is one of the developmental events regulated by 20E during the pupal period in B. mori. ..
- Torashima T, Yamada N, Itoh M, Yamamoto A, Hirai H. Exposure of lentiviral vectors to subneutral pH shifts the tropism from Purkinje cell to Bergmann glia. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:371-80 pubmed..These results indicate that lentivector tropism for Purkinje cells is extremely sensitive to pH: a subtle decrease in the pH of the medium at the harvest shifts viral tropism strikingly towards Bergmann glia. ..
- Yoshimoto M, Ogawa K, Washiyama K, Shikano N, Mori H, Amano R, et al. alpha(v)beta(3) Integrin-targeting radionuclide therapy and imaging with monomeric RGD peptide. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:709-15 pubmed publisher..1 MBq). Monomeric RGD peptides, 111In-DOTA-c(RGDfK) and (90)Y-DOTA-c(RGDfK), could be promising tracers for alpha(v)beta(3) integrin-targeting imaging and radiotherapy. ..
- Higuchi S, Kobayashi M, Yoshikawa Y, Tsuneyama K, Fukami T, Nakajima M, et al. IL-4 mediates dicloxacillin-induced liver injury in mice. Toxicol Lett. 2011;200:139-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first report to demonstrate that dicloxacillin-induced liver injury is mediated by a Th2-type immune reaction and exacerbated by DK-PGD(2). ..
- Fukui M, Ozawa S, Nakamichi N, Nakazato R, Takarada T, Yoneda Y. Gradual downregulation of protein expression of the partner GABA(B)R2 subunit during postnatal brain development in mice defective of GABA(B)R1 subunit. J Pharmacol Sci. 2011;115:45-55 pubmed..These results suggest that GABA(B)R2 protein levels are closely correlated with the partner subunit GABA(B)R1 protein levels in mouse brains during postnatal development in vivo. ..
- Narimatsu S, Watanabe K, Matsunaga T, Yamamoto I, Imaoka S, Funae Y, et al. Suppression of liver microsomal drug-metabolizing enzyme activities in adult female rats pretreated with cannabidiol. Biol Pharm Bull. 1993;16:428-30 pubmed..These results suggest that the mechanisms by which CBD suppresses liver microsomal drug-metabolizing enzyme activities are different in male and female rats...
- Takahashi N, Tonchev A, Koike K, Murakami K, Yamada K, Yamashima T, et al. Expression of estrogen receptor-beta in the postischemic monkey hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2004;369:9-13 pubmed..ERalpha was negligible in both control and postischemic monkeys. These results indicate that ERbeta is the major receptor responsible for the direct estrogen actions on the monkey hippocampus, regulating glial response after ischemia. ..
- Takahashi S, Katoh M, Saitoh T, Nakajima M, Yokoi T. Different inhibitory effects in rat and human carboxylesterases. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:956-61 pubmed publisher..1 +/- 0.4 microM) and was similar to that for manidipine. The present study clarified the species differences in CES inhibition. These results are useful for the development of prodrugs. ..
- Islam M, Tsuji T, Higashida C, Takahashi M, Higashida H, Koizumi K. Expression of a Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor, Ect2, in the developing mouse pituitary. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:477-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results demonstrate the functional role of Ect2 in postnatal proliferating cells in the two lobes of the pituitary, thereby suggesting roles in developmental growth of the mammalian pituitary. ..
- Kurita A, Yamamoto K. [Risk management in brachial plexus block]. Masui. 2011;60:1284-91 pubmed..This review focuses on complications of brachial plexus block because it is the most popular peripheral nerve block...
- Sasaki M, Ikeda H, Sato Y, Nakanuma Y. Decreased expression of Bmi1 is closely associated with cellular senescence in small bile ducts in primary biliary cirrhosis. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:831-45 pubmed..In conclusion, the decreased bmi1 expression caused by oxidative stress may be involved in the pathogenesis of cellular senescence of biliary epithelial cells in primary biliary cirrhosis. ..
- Koide H, Kinoshita T, Tanaka Y, Tanaka S, Nagura N, Meyer zu Hörste G, et al. Identification of the single specific IQ motif of myosin V from which calmodulin dissociates in the presence of Ca2+. Biochemistry. 2006;45:11598-604 pubmed..In addition, we showed that the essential light chains do not reside on IQ1 and IQ2. These findings were derived from proteolysis of BMV at high Ca2+ concentrations specifically at the neck region and SDS-PAGE analyses of the digests. ..
- Akai S, Hosomi H, Minami K, Tsuneyama K, Katoh M, Nakajima M, et al. Knock down of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase in rat causes acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23996-4003 pubmed..This is the first report of a GSH knockdown rat model, which could be useful for highly sensitive tests of acute and subacute toxicity for drug candidates in preclinical drug development. ..
- Kon S, Ishibashi K, Katoh H, Kitamoto S, Shirai T, Tanaka S, et al. Cell competition with normal epithelial cells promotes apical extrusion of transformed cells through metabolic changes. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:530-541 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that non-cell-autonomous metabolic modulation is a crucial regulator for cell competition, shedding light on the unexplored events at the initial stage of carcinogenesis. ..
- Yamashima T. Reconsider Alzheimer's disease by the 'calpain-cathepsin hypothesis'--a perspective review. Prog Neurobiol. 2013;105:1-23 pubmed publisher..1-cathepsin cascade' with ischemic neuronal death. Blockade of calpain and/or extra-lysosomal cathepsins as well as scavenging of hydroxynonenal would become effective AD therapeutic approaches. ..
- Tsuchiyama T, Nakamoto Y, Sakai Y, Marukawa Y, Kitahara M, Mukaida N, et al. Prolonged, NK cell-mediated antitumor effects of suicide gene therapy combined with monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 against hepatocellular carcinoma. J Immunol. 2007;178:574-83 pubmed
- Kobayashi M, Higuchi S, Mizuno K, Tsuneyama K, Fukami T, Nakajima M, et al. Interleukin-17 is involved in alpha-naphthylisothiocyanate-induced liver injury in mice. Toxicology. 2010;275:50-7 pubmed publisher..p.) to ANIT-administered mice resulted in a remarkable increase of the plasma AST, ALT and T-Bil levels. In conclusion, it was firstly demonstrated that IL-17 is involved in the ANIT-induced liver injury in mice. ..
- Yoshioka K, Yoshida K, Cui H, Wakayama T, Takuwa N, Okamoto Y, et al. Endothelial PI3K-C2?, a class II PI3K, has an essential role in angiogenesis and vascular barrier function. Nat Med. 2012;18:1560-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, PI3K-C2? has a crucial role in vascular formation and barrier integrity and represents a new therapeutic target for vascular disease. ..