Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on morphogenesis in Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan
Locale: Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan
- Hirata M, Nakamura K, Kanemaru T, Shibata Y, Kondo S. Pigment cell organization in the hypodermis of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:497-503 pubmed..The order of the layered structures is kept strictly all through the hypodermal regions. Our study will provide basic information to investigate the mechanism of pigment pattern formation in zebrafish...
- Kurokawa D, Sakurai Y, Inoue A, Nakayama R, Takasaki N, Suda Y, et al. Evolutionary constraint on Otx2 neuroectoderm enhancers-deep conservation from skate to mouse and unique divergence in teleost. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19350-5 pubmed
- Ishikawa T, Konishi E. Mosquito cells infected with Japanese encephalitis virus release slowly-sedimenting hemagglutinin particles in association with intracellular formation of smooth membrane structures. Microbiol Immunol. 2006;50:211-23 pubmed..Thus, intracellular SMS formations were associated with extracellular SHA production in JEV-infected mosquito cells. ..
- Kubota Y, Sano M, Goda S, Suzuki N, Nishiwaki K. The conserved oligomeric Golgi complex acts in organ morphogenesis via glycosylation of an ADAM protease in C. elegans. Development. 2006;133:263-73 pubmed..Furthermore, COGC-3 requires MIG-17 activity for its action in DTC migration. Our findings demonstrate that COG complex-dependent glycosylation of an ADAM protease plays a crucial role in determining organ shape. ..
- van der Vaart B, van Riel W, Doodhi H, Kevenaar J, Katrukha E, Gumy L, et al. CFEOM1-associated kinesin KIF21A is a cortical microtubule growth inhibitor. Dev Cell. 2013;27:145-160 pubmed publisher..Our study provides mechanistic insight into cortical microtubule regulation and suggests that altered microtubule dynamics contribute to CFEOM1 pathogenesis. ..
- Nishimura T, Honda H, Takeichi M. Planar cell polarity links axes of spatial dynamics in neural-tube closure. Cell. 2012;149:1084-97 pubmed publisher..Together our findings demonstrate that PCP signals confer anisotropic contractility on the AJs, producing cellular forces that promote the polarized bending of the neural plate...
- Yamamoto Y, Takeshita H, Sawa H. Multiple Wnts redundantly control polarity orientation in Caenorhabditis elegans epithelial stem cells. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002308 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a paradigm for understanding how cell polarity is coordinated by extrinsic signals. ..
- Matsuyama M, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp controls apicobasal polarity and oriented cell division in developing gut epithelium. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000427 pubmed publisher..We propose that Sfrp regulation of Wnt5a signaling controls oriented cell division and apicobasal polarity in the epithelium of developing gut. ..
- Noguchi T, Koizumi M, Hayashi S. Sustained elongation of sperm tail promoted by local remodeling of giant mitochondria in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2011;21:805-14 pubmed publisher..Sperm cell elongation can proceed in the absence of an axoneme, suggesting that a mechanism besides intraflagellar transport emerged to sustain it...
- Eiraku M, Takata N, Ishibashi H, Kawada M, Sakakura E, Okuda S, et al. Self-organizing optic-cup morphogenesis in three-dimensional culture. Nature. 2011;472:51-6 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that optic-cup morphogenesis in this simple cell culture depends on an intrinsic self-organizing program involving stepwise and domain-specific regulation of local epithelial properties. ..
- Tanabe K, Kani S, Shimizu T, Bae Y, Abe T, Hibi M. Atypical protein kinase C regulates primary dendrite specification of cerebellar Purkinje cells by localizing Golgi apparatus. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16983-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the aPKC cell autonomously controls the Golgi localization and thereby regulates the specification of the primary dendrite of Purkinje cells. ..
- Tajiri R, Misaki K, Yonemura S, Hayashi S. Dynamic shape changes of ECM-producing cells drive morphogenesis of ball-and-socket joints in the fly leg. Development. 2010;137:2055-63 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of dynamic cell behaviors in precise shaping of skeletal ECM architecture. ..
- Takenaga M, Fukumoto M, Hori Y. Regulated Nodal signaling promotes differentiation of the definitive endoderm and mesoderm from ES cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2078-90 pubmed..Our findings also demonstrate that Nodal-expressing ES cells might be a source of highly active proteins that could be used for developing endoderm or mesoderm tissues in regenerative medicine. ..
- Ihara S, Nishiwaki K. Prodomain-dependent tissue targeting of an ADAMTS protease controls cell migration in Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO J. 2007;26:2607-20 pubmed
- Furuya M, Qadota H, Chisholm A, Sugimoto A. The C. elegans eyes absent ortholog EYA-1 is required for tissue differentiation and plays partially redundant roles with PAX-6. Dev Biol. 2005;286:452-63 pubmed..Thus, eya-1 appears to play a partially redundant role with pax-6 during C. elegans embryogenesis. ..
- Shimizu T, Bae Y, Muraoka O, Hibi M. Interaction of Wnt and caudal-related genes in zebrafish posterior body formation. Dev Biol. 2005;279:125-41 pubmed..These data indicate that the cdx genes mediate Wnt signaling and play essential roles in the morphogenesis of the posterior body in zebrafish. ..
- Maeda T, Sugiura R, Kita A, Saito M, Deng L, He Y, et al. Pmr1, a P-type ATPase, and Pdt1, an Nramp homologue, cooperatively regulate cell morphogenesis in fission yeast: the importance of Mn2+ homeostasis. Genes Cells. 2004;9:71-82 pubmed..These results suggest that Pmr1 and Pdt1 cooperatively regulate cell morphogenesis through the control of Mn2+ homeostasis, and that calcineurin functions as a Mn2+ sensor as well as a Mn2+ homeostasis regulator. ..
- Momokawa N, Kadono Y, Kudoh H. Effects of light quality on leaf morphogenesis of a heterophyllous amphibious plant, Rotala hippuris. Ann Bot. 2011;108:1299-306 pubmed publisher..Growth experiments were conducted to examine how R/FR and blue-light intensity alter leaf morphology of a heterophyllous amphibious plant, Rotala hippuris...
- Tamai K, Nishiwaki K. bHLH transcription factors regulate organ morphogenesis via activation of an ADAMTS protease in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;308:562-71 pubmed
- Takeichi M. Dynamic contacts: rearranging adherens junctions to drive epithelial remodelling. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2014;15:397-410 pubmed publisher..RHO GTPases and their effectors regulate actin polymerization and actomyosin contraction at AJs during the epithelial reshaping processes. ..
- Togashi H, Katsunuma S. Cellular recognition and patterning in sensory systems. Exp Cell Res. 2017;358:52-57 pubmed publisher..This review provides an overview of recent findings regarding the cooperative functions of nectins and cadherins, as well as a discussion of the molecular basis underlying these functions. ..