Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan
Locale: Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Yasuda G, Nishi R, Watanabe E, Mori T, Iwai S, Orioli D, et al. In vivo destabilization and functional defects of the xeroderma pigmentosum C protein caused by a pathogenic missense mutation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:6606-14 pubmed..As well as highlighting the importance of UV-DDB in recruiting XPC to UV-damaged sites, these findings demonstrate the role of DNA binding by XPC in the assembly of subsequent NER intermediate complexes. ..
- Ikeshita N, Kawagishi M, Shibahara H, Toda K, Yamashita T, Yamamoto D, et al. Identification and analysis of prophet of Pit-1-binding sites in human Pit-1 gene. Endocrinology. 2008;149:5491-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, chromatin immunoprecipitation assay showed that the proximal element could bind Prop1 in vivo cultured cells. Taken together, these findings indicated the novel functioning binding elements of Prop1 in human Pit-1 gene. ..
- Ikeda K, Emoto N, Raharjo S, Nurhantari Y, Saiki K, Yokoyama M, et al. Molecular identification and characterization of novel membrane-bound metalloprotease, the soluble secreted form of which hydrolyzes a variety of vasoactive peptides. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32469-77 pubmed..These findings suggest that SEP is a novel metalloprotease that possesses a broad substrate specificity and that it may be involved in the metabolism of biologically active peptides intracellulary as well as extracellularly. ..
- Mizushina Y, Kamisuki S, Kasai N, Ishidoh T, Shimazaki N, Takemura M, et al. Petasiphenol: a DNA polymerase lambda inhibitor. Biochemistry. 2002;41:14463-71 pubmed..On the basis of these results, the pol lambda inhibitory mechanism of petasiphenol is discussed. ..
- Nakajima T, Walkup R, Tochigi A, Shearer T, Azuma M. Establishment of an appropriate animal model for lacritin studies: cloning and characterization of lacritin in monkey eyes. Exp Eye Res. 2007;85:651-8 pubmed publisher..In primates, lacritin was produced in the lacrimal gland and secreted into tear fluid. These results suggest that lacritin might be important for the maintenance of the ocular surface in higher animals, such as monkeys and humans...
- Otaki M, Jiang D, Sasayama M, Nagano Fujii M, Hotta H. Generation of recombinant adenovirus expressing siRNA against the L mRNA of measles virus and subacute sclerosing panencephalitis virus. Microbiol Immunol. 2007;51:985-91 pubmed..Due to their high capacity for gene delivery to nerve cells and the potential to inhibit SSPE virus replication, the rAd-siRNAs could be a good candidate for a novel therapeutic measure against SSPE...
- Miyamoto M, Iwashita S, Yamaguchi S, Ono Y. Role of nm23 in the regulation of cell shape and migration via Rho family GTPase signals. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;329:175-9 pubmed publisher..It is reported that nm23-H1 bound to Tiam1 and Dbl, which activates Rac and Cdc42 small GTPase, respectively. We discuss the role of nm23 in the regulation of cell morphology and cell migration via Rho family GTPases. ..
- Okabayashi Y, Sugimoto Y, Totty N, Hsuan J, Kido Y, Sakaguchi K, et al. Interaction of Shc with adaptor protein adaptins. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5265-9 pubmed..Thus, this study indicates the specific interaction of Shc with alpha- and beta-adaptin components of plasma membrane adaptor proteins that are thought to be involved in receptor endocytosis. ..
- Tachibana Y, Kuramura A, Shirasaka N, Suzuki Y, Yamamoto T, Fujiwara S, et al. Purification and characterization of an extremely thermostable cyclomaltodextrin glucanotransferase from a newly isolated hyperthermophilic archaeon, a Thermococcus sp. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:1991-7 pubmed..The enzyme formed mainly alpha-cyclodextrin with small amounts of beta- and gamma-cyclodextrins from starch. This is the first report on the presence of the extremely thermostable CGTase from hyperthermophilic archaea. ..
- Inatome R, Tsujimura T, Hitomi T, Mitsui N, Hermann P, Kuroda S, et al. Identification of CRAM, a novel unc-33 gene family protein that associates with CRMP3 and protein-tyrosine kinase(s) in the developing rat brain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27291-302 pubmed
- Otani M, Tabata J, Ueki T, Sano K, Inouye S. Heat-shock-induced proteins from Myxococcus xanthus. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:6282-7 pubmed..This is the first report to demonstrate that succinyl CoA synthetase, 30S ribosomal protein S6, and ATP synthase alpha subunit are heat shock inducible. ..
- Sarkar S, Miwa N, Kominami H, Igarashi N, Hayashi S, Okada T, et al. Regulation of mammalian phospholipase D2: interaction with and stimulation by G(M2) activator. Biochem J. 2001;359:599-604 pubmed
- Izumi Y, Ohta N, Itoh Furuya A, Fuse N, Matsuzaki F. Differential functions of G protein and Baz-aPKC signaling pathways in Drosophila neuroblast asymmetric division. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:729-38 pubmed..We thus suggest that the two apical signaling pathways have overlapping but different roles in asymmetric NB division. ..
- Adachi Yamada T, Harumoto T, Sakurai K, Ueda R, Saigo K, O Connor M, et al. Wing-to-Leg homeosis by spineless causes apoptosis regulated by Fish-lips, a novel leucine-rich repeat transmembrane protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:3140-50 pubmed..These data support a mechanism in which the lack of some membrane proteins helps to recognize the presence of different cell types and direct these cells to an apoptotic fate in order to exclude them from the normal developing field. ..
- Izumikawa T, Egusa N, Taniguchi F, Sugahara K, Kitagawa H. Heparan sulfate polymerization in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1929-34 pubmed..Thus, all three EXT members in Drosophila, TTV, SOTV, and BOTV, are required for the biosynthesis of full-length HS in Drosophila. ..
- Kubota Y, Sano M, Goda S, Suzuki N, Nishiwaki K. The conserved oligomeric Golgi complex acts in organ morphogenesis via glycosylation of an ADAM protease in C. elegans. Development. 2006;133:263-73 pubmed..Furthermore, COGC-3 requires MIG-17 activity for its action in DTC migration. Our findings demonstrate that COG complex-dependent glycosylation of an ADAM protease plays a crucial role in determining organ shape. ..
- Izumikawa T, Uyama T, Okuura Y, Sugahara K, Kitagawa H. Involvement of chondroitin sulfate synthase-3 (chondroitin synthase-2) in chondroitin polymerization through its interaction with chondroitin synthase-1 or chondroitin-polymerizing factor. Biochem J. 2007;403:545-52 pubmed..Altogether these results suggest that chondroitin polymerization is achieved by multiple combinations of ChSy-1, CSS3 and ChPF. Based on these characteristics, we have renamed CSS3 ChSy-2 (chondroitin synthase-2). ..
- Bembenek J, Itokawa K, Hiragaki S, Qi Miao Shao -, Tufail M, Takeda M. Molecular characterization and distribution of CYCLE protein from Athalia rosae. J Insect Physiol. 2007;53:418-27 pubmed..Immunocytochemical examination revealed CYC-like antigen in the pars intercerebralis, dorsolateral protocerebrum, dorsal optic tract, tritocerebrum of the brain and the subesophageal ganglion. ..
- Sadaie M, Shinmyozu K, Nakayama J. A conserved SET domain methyltransferase, Set11, modifies ribosomal protein Rpl12 in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:7185-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Rpl12 methylation occurs during the ribosomal assembly processes and that control of the Set11 expression level is important for its cellular function. ..
- Ishida Y, Ozaki M. A putative octopamine/tyramine receptor mediating appetite in a hungry fly. Naturwissenschaften. 2011;98:635-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that decrease of TA level in the brain likely affects neurons expressing PregOAR/TAR, causing mediation of the sensitivity in the sensillum and/or output of motor neurons for PER...
- Tomikawa K, Soh H, Kobayashi N, Yamaguchi A. Taxonomic relationship between two Gammarus species, G. nipponensis and G. sobaegensis (Amphipoda: Gammaridae), with description of a new species. Zootaxa. 2014;3873:451-76 pubmed publisher..nipponensis, G. sobaegensis, and G. mukudai were shown but relationships among three species were unclear due to low statistical supports. Phylogeography of G. nipponensis, G. sobaegensis, and G. mukudai were discussed.Â ..
- Fujita M, Nomura K, Hong K, Ito Y, Asada A, Nishimuro S. Purification and characterization of a strong fibrinolytic enzyme (nattokinase) in the vegetable cheese natto, a popular soybean fermented food in Japan. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;197:1340-7 pubmed..PMSF inhibited both the fibrinolytic activity and the amidolytic activity. The results indicate that nattokinase is a subtilisin-like serine protease. ..
- Nakamura S, Akisue T, Jinnai H, Hitomi T, Sarkar S, Miwa N, et al. Requirement of GM2 ganglioside activator for phospholipase D activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:12249-53 pubmed..The mechanism of action of the heat-stable PLD activator protein remains unknown. ..
- Kitamura T, Kitamura Y, Kuroda S, Hino Y, Ando M, Kotani K, et al. Insulin-induced phosphorylation and activation of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B by the serine-threonine kinase Akt. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6286-96 pubmed..These results suggest that PDE3B is a physiological substrate of Akt and that Akt-mediated phosphorylation of PDE3B on serine-273 is important for insulin-induced activation of PDE3B. ..
- Yada T, Sugiura R, Kita A, Itoh Y, Lu Y, Hong Y, et al. Its8, a fission yeast homolog of Mcd4 and Pig-n, is involved in GPI anchor synthesis and shares an essential function with calcineurin in cytokinesis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13579-86 pubmed..Thus, calcineurin and Its8 may share an essential function in cytokinesis and cell viability through the regulation of cell wall integrity. ..
- Katsuyama Y, Oomiya Y, Dekimoto H, Motooka E, Takano A, Kikkawa S, et al. Expression of zebrafish ROR alpha gene in cerebellar-like structures. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2694-701 pubmed..In the adult brain, rora2 and grid2 are coexpressed in brain regions, designated as cerebellar-like structures. These observations suggest an evolutionarily conserved function of ROR alpha orthologues in the vertebrate brain. ..
- Kobayashi N, Oyama H, Nakano M, Kanda T, Banzono E, Kato Y, et al. "Cleavable" hapten-biotin conjugates: preparation and use for the generation of anti-steroid single-domain antibody fragments. Anal Biochem. 2009;387:257-66 pubmed publisher..Thorough washing off of nonspecific phages and subsequent DTT treatment provided a phagemid clone that displayed a mutated sdAb with improved binding properties. ..
- Nakanishi N, Rahman M, Sakamoto Y, Takigami T, Kobayashi K, Hori H, et al. Importance of the conserved lysine 83 residue of Zea mays cytochrome b(561) for ascorbate-specific transmembrane electron transfer as revealed by site-directed mutagenesis studies. Biochemistry. 2009;48:10665-78 pubmed publisher
- Awano H, Malueka R, Yagi M, Okizuka Y, Takeshima Y, Matsuo M. Contemporary retrotransposition of a novel non-coding gene induces exon-skipping in dystrophin mRNA. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:785-90 pubmed publisher..The inserted fragment was expressed in multiple human tissue RNAs, indicating that it is a novel transcript. The full length of the transcript was cloned and showed no meaningful protein coding ability. ..
- Noda T, Shidara O, Harayama H. Detection of the activator cAMP responsive element modulator (CREM) isoform ortholog proteins in porcine spermatids and sperm. Theriogenology. 2012;77:1360-8 pubmed publisher..This is apparently the first report demonstrating the expression and localization of the activator CREM isoform ortholog proteins in spermatids and ejaculated sperm of a livestock species...
- Inui H, Sawada M, Goto J, Yamazaki K, Kodama N, Tsuruta H, et al. A major latex-like protein is a key factor in crop contamination by persistent organic pollutants. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:2128-35 pubmed publisher..These findings should be useful for decreasing the contamination of fruit of the Cucurbitaceae family as well as the phytoremediation of hydrophobic contaminants. ..
- Ishiguro J, Kobayashi W. An actin point-mutation neighboring the 'hydrophobic plug' causes defects in the maintenance of cell polarity and septum organization in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. FEBS Lett. 1996;392:237-41 pubmed..These results indicate that the hydrophobic loop plays an essential role for creating normal F-actin structure, only by which cell polarity and the late mitotic events can be maintained properly. ..
- Mandai K, Nakanishi H, Satoh A, Obaishi H, Wada M, Nishioka H, et al. Afadin: A novel actin filament-binding protein with one PDZ domain localized at cadherin-based cell-to-cell adherens junction. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:517-28 pubmed..These results suggest that l-afadin serves as a linker of the actin cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane at cell-to-cell AJ. ..
- Satoh A, Nakanishi H, Obaishi H, Wada M, Takahashi K, Satoh K, et al. Neurabin-II/spinophilin. An actin filament-binding protein with one pdz domain localized at cadherin-based cell-cell adhesion sites. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3470-5 pubmed..These results suggest that neurabin-II/spinophilin plays an important role in linking the actin cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane. ..
- Deguchi M, Iizuka T, Hata Y, Nishimura W, Hirao K, Yao I, et al. PAPIN. A novel multiple PSD-95/Dlg-A/ZO-1 protein interacting with neural plakophilin-related armadillo repeat protein/delta-catenin and p0071. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:29875-80 pubmed..PAPIN may be a scaffolding protein connecting components of epithelial junctions with p0071. ..
- Yamagata H, Yonesu K, Hirata A, Aizono Y. TGTCACA motif is a novel cis-regulatory enhancer element involved in fruit-specific expression of the cucumisin gene. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:11582-90 pubmed publisher..Specific nucleotides responsible for the binding of fruit nuclear protein in these two elements were also determined...
- Hirano M, Murata T, Furushima K, Kiyonari H, Nakamura M, Suda Y, et al. cfm is a novel gene uniquely expressed in developing forebrain and midbrain, but its null mutant exhibits no obvious phenotype. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:439-44 pubmed..However, the cfm null mutant was live-born without any apparent defects. ..
- Ogihara H, Shima F, Naito K, Asato T, Kariya K, Kataoka T. Direct activation of fission yeast adenylyl cyclase by heterotrimeric G protein gpa2. Kobe J Med Sci. 2004;50:111-21 pubmed..Thus, RADs, which have been defined as a conserved motif shared among the Ras-family small G protein-associating domains, are for the first time shown to exhibit a functional association with a member of the heterotrimeric G proteins. ..
- Matsumura E, Sakai M, Hayashi K, Murakami S, Takenaka S, Aoki K. Constitutive expression of catABC genes in the aniline-assimilating bacterium Rhodococcus species AN-22: production, purification, characterization and gene analysis of CatA, CatB and CatC. Biochem J. 2006;393:219-26 pubmed..Based on these data, we concluded that the bacterium constitutively transcribed the catABC genes and translated its mRNA into CatA, CatB and CatC. ..
- He Y, Sugiura R, Ma Y, Kita A, Deng L, Takegawa K, et al. Genetic and functional interaction between Ryh1 and Ypt3: two Rab GTPases that function in S. pombe secretory pathway. Genes Cells. 2006;11:207-21 pubmed..These results suggest that Ryh1 is involved in the secretory pathway and may have a potential overlapping function with Ypt3 in addition to its role in recycling. ..
- Arata Y, Kouike H, Zhang Y, Herman M, Okano H, Sawa H. Wnt signaling and a Hox protein cooperatively regulate psa-3/Meis to determine daughter cell fate after asymmetric cell division in C. elegans. Dev Cell. 2006;11:105-15 pubmed..These results indicate that cooperation between Wnt signaling and a Hox protein functions to determine the specific fate of a daughter cell. ..
- Iwashita M, Watanabe M, Ishii M, Chen T, Johnson S, Kurachi Y, et al. Pigment pattern in jaguar/obelix zebrafish is caused by a Kir7.1 mutation: implications for the regulation of melanosome movement. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e197 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that the cellular defect of the Kir7.1 mutation is directly responsible for the pattern change in the jaguar/obelix mutant. ..
- Matsumoto H, Maruse H, Inaba Y, Yoshizawa K, Sasazaki S, Fujiwara A, et al. The ubiquitin ligase gene (WWP1) is responsible for the chicken muscular dystrophy. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2212-8 pubmed publisher..The mutation was identified in WWP1, detected only in dystrophic chickens within several tetrapods. These results suggested WWP1 is responsible for chicken muscular dystrophy...
- Okura M, Osawa R, Tokunaga A, Morita M, Arakawa E, Watanabe H. Genetic analyses of the putative O and K antigen gene clusters of pandemic Vibrio parahaemolyticus. Microbiol Immunol. 2008;52:251-64 pubmed publisher..The data implies that the pandemic O4:K68 V. parahaemolyticus strain emerged from the pandemic O3:K6 strain by replacement of the putative O and K antigen gene clusters. ..
- Yamada K, Moriyama H, Okumachi Y, Arai T, Kameno M, Kishi M, et al. Intravenous administration of proinsulin 1 or 2-expressing fiber-mutant recombinant adenovirus vector protects against the development of diabetes in NOD mice. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1150:183-6 pubmed publisher..Pins1-RGD and that of Ad.Pins2-RGD. Our study suggests that systemic administration of fiber-mutant adenovirus vectors, which induce transient expression of proinsulin, may be applicable to a gene therapy inducing tolerance to insulin. ..
- Suda Y, Kokura K, Kimura J, Kajikawa E, Inoue F, Aizawa S. The same enhancer regulates the earliest Emx2 expression in caudal forebrain primordium, subsequent expression in dorsal telencephalon and later expression in the cortical ventricular zone. Development. 2010;137:2939-49 pubmed publisher..Emx2 expression was greatly reduced, but persisted in the telencephalon of the enhancer mutant, indicating that there exists another enhancer for Emx2 expression unique to mammalian telencephalon. ..
- Furuta K, Furuta A, Toyoshima Y, Amino M, Oiwa K, Kojima H. Measuring collective transport by defined numbers of processive and nonprocessive kinesin motors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:501-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our experimental system may provide a platform to study the collective behavior of motor proteins from the bottom up. ..
- Sugiura R, Toda T, Shuntoh H, Yanagida M, Kuno T. pmp1+, a suppressor of calcineurin deficiency, encodes a novel MAP kinase phosphatase in fission yeast. EMBO J. 1998;17:140-8 pubmed..Consistently, the deletion of pmk1(+) suppresses the Cl--sensitive growth defect of ppb1 null. Thus, calcineurin and the Pmk1 MAP kinase pathway may play antagonistic functional roles in the Cl- homeostasis. ..
- Takumi T, Nagamine Y, Miyake S, Matsubara C, Taguchi K, Takekida S, et al. A mammalian ortholog of Drosophila timeless, highly expressed in SCN and retina, forms a complex with mPER1. Genes Cells. 1999;4:67-75 pubmed..These results indicate that the autoregulatory feedback mechanism of circadian oscillation of the period gene may also be conserved in mammals. ..
- Konishi H, Yamauchi E, Taniguchi H, Yamamoto T, Matsuzaki H, Takemura Y, et al. Phosphorylation sites of protein kinase C delta in H2O2-treated cells and its activation by tyrosine kinase in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6587-92 pubmed..The results indicate that phosphorylation at Tyr-311 between the regulatory and catalytic domains is a critical step for generation of the active PKC delta in response to H(2)O(2). ..
- Okada Y, Yamada S, Toyoshima M, Dong J, Nakajima M, Sugahara K. Structural recognition by recombinant human heparanase that plays critical roles in tumor metastasis. Hierarchical sulfate groups with different effects and the essential target disulfated trisaccharide sequence. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42488-95 pubmed..These findings will aid establishing a quantitative assay method using the above tetrasaccharide and designing heparan sulfate-based specific inhibitors of the heparanase for new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Fujimoto T, Chikahira M, Yoshida S, Ebira H, Hasegawa A, Totsuka A, et al. Outbreak of central nervous system disease associated with hand, foot, and mouth disease in Japan during the summer of 2000: detection and molecular epidemiology of enterovirus 71. Microbiol Immunol. 2002;46:621-7 pubmed
- Yamada R, Sonobe H. Purification, kinetic characterization, and molecular cloning of a novel enzyme ecdysteroid-phosphate phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26365-73 pubmed..In nondiapause eggs, the developmental changes in the expression pattern of EPPase mRNA corresponded closely to changes in the enzyme activity and in the amounts of free ecdysteroids in eggs. ..
- Bao X, Mikami T, Yamada S, Faissner A, Muramatsu T, Sugahara K. Heparin-binding growth factor, pleiotrophin, mediates neuritogenic activity of embryonic pig brain-derived chondroitin sulfate/dermatan sulfate hybrid chains. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9180-91 pubmed..Thus, CS subpopulations with distinct structures in the mammalian brain play different roles in neuritogenesis through distinct molecular mechanisms, at least in part by regulating the functions of growth factors. ..
- Iwai S, Fukui Y, Fujiwara Y, Takeda M. Structure and expressions of two circadian clock genes, period and timeless in the commercial silkmoth, Bombyx mori. J Insect Physiol. 2006;52:625-37 pubmed publisher..The daily differences in amplitudes of the Bmper and Bmtim expression rhythms were 2-fold in the head and 1.5-2.5 folds in the peripheral tissues examined...
- Ihara S, Nishiwaki K. Prodomain-dependent tissue targeting of an ADAMTS protease controls cell migration in Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO J. 2007;26:2607-20 pubmed
- Sekimoto S, Beakes G, Gachon C, Müller D, Küpper F, Honda D. The development, ultrastructural cytology, and molecular phylogeny of the basal oomycete Eurychasma dicksonii, infecting the filamentous phaeophyte algae Ectocarpus siliculosus and Pylaiella littoralis. Protist. 2008;159:299-318 pubmed publisher..The cox2 sequences also revealed that the UGA codon encoded tryptophan, constituting the first report of stop codon reassignment in an oomycete mitochondrion. ..
- Bae Y, Kani S, Shimizu T, Tanabe K, Nojima H, Kimura Y, et al. Anatomy of zebrafish cerebellum and screen for mutations affecting its development. Dev Biol. 2009;330:406-26 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a platform for future studies of zebrafish cerebellar development. ..
- Fang Y, Imagawa K, Zhou X, Kita A, Sugiura R, Jaiseng W, et al. Pleiotropic phenotypes caused by an opal nonsense mutation in an essential gene encoding HMG-CoA reductase in fission yeast. Genes Cells. 2009;14:759-71 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the pleiotropic phenotypes reflect the integrated effects of the reduced availability of ergosterol and various intermediates of the mevalonate pathway. ..
- Tufail M, Naeemullah M, Elmogy M, Sharma P, Takeda M, Nakamura C. Molecular cloning, transcriptional regulation, and differential expression profiling of vitellogenin in two wing-morphs of the brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens Stål (Hemiptera: Delphacidae). Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:787-98 pubmed publisher..A delayed trend in expression (of both the transcript and the protein) demonstrated by macropterous females in the present studies supports the hypothesis of prereproductive long distance migration in this wing-dimorphic species...
- Sakuma M, Shirai Y, Yoshino K, Kuramasu M, Nakamura T, Yanagita T, et al. Novel PKC?-mediated phosphorylation site(s) on cofilin and their potential role in terminating histamine release. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3707-21 pubmed
- Fujikura K, Setsu T, Tanigaki K, Abe T, Kiyonari H, Terashima T, et al. Kif14 mutation causes severe brain malformation and hypomyelination. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53490 pubmed publisher..The discovery of mammalian models, laggard, has opened up horizons for researchers to add more knowledge regarding the etiology and pathology of brain malformation. ..
- Iwamoto M, Asakawa H, Ohtsuki C, Osakada H, Koujin T, Hiraoka Y, et al. Monoclonal antibodies recognize gly-leu-phe-gly repeat of nucleoporin nup98 of tetrahymena, yeasts, and humans. Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 2013;32:81-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, these MAbs are useful in studying a wide variety of biological phenomena that involve Nup98, ranging from ciliate nuclear dimorphism to NUP98-related human leukemia. ..
- Nakanishi H, Obaishi H, Satoh A, Wada M, Mandai K, Satoh K, et al. Neurabin: a novel neural tissue-specific actin filament-binding protein involved in neurite formation. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:951-61 pubmed..Neurabin is a candidate for key molecules in the synapse formation and function. ..
- Kawasaki H, Komai K, Nakamura M, Yamamoto E, Ouyang Z, Nakashima T, et al. Human wee1 kinase is directly transactivated by and increased in association with c-Fos/AP-1: rheumatoid synovial cells overexpressing these genes go into aberrant mitosis. Oncogene. 2003;22:6839-44 pubmed..Thus, human wee1 kinase gene is directly transactivated by and increased in association with c-Fos/AP-1, and rheumatoid synovial cells overexpressing these genes go into aberrant mitosis. ..
- Kosaka K, Kawakami K, Sakamoto H, Inoue K. Spatiotemporal localization of germ plasm RNAs during zebrafish oogenesis. Mech Dev. 2007;124:279-89 pubmed..Furthermore, we propose that the germ plasm components are assembled in a stepwise and spatiotemporally-regulated manner during oogenesis and early embryogenesis in zebrafish. ..
- Mukai M, Kato H, Hira S, Nakamura K, Kita H, Kobayashi S. Innexin2 gap junctions in somatic support cells are required for cyst formation and for egg chamber formation in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2011;128:510-23 pubmed publisher..Inx2 gap junctions may mediate the transfer of nutrients and signal molecules between germ cells and somatic support cells, as well as play a role in the regulation of cell adhesion. ..
- Kamei N, Bech Nielsen E, Nakakubo T, Aoyama Y, Rahbek U, Pedersen B, et al. Applicability and Limitations of Cell-Penetrating Peptides in Noncovalent Mucosal Drug or Carrier Delivery Systems. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:747-753 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the intrinsic uptake properties of macromolecules and particulate cargos determine the effectiveness of their intestinal mucosal delivery using the noncovalent CPP method. ..
- Mandai K, Nakanishi H, Satoh A, Takahashi K, Satoh K, Nishioka H, et al. Ponsin/SH3P12: an l-afadin- and vinculin-binding protein localized at cell-cell and cell-matrix adherens junctions. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:1001-17 pubmed..These results indicate that ponsin is an l-afadin- and vinculin-binding protein localized at ZA in epithelial cells, at cell-cell AJ in nonepithelial cells, and at cell-matrix AJ in both types of cells. ..
- Nakajima T, Fukiage C, Azuma M, Ma H, Shearer T. Different expression patterns for ubiquitous calpains and Capn3 splice variants in monkey ocular tissues. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1519:55-64 pubmed..These results suggested that differences in expression patterns of Capn3 variants might be related to the function of each variant in a particular tissue or species. ..
- Iwamoto T, Sonobe T, Hayashi K. Loop-mediated isothermal amplification for direct detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex, M. avium, and M. intracellulare in sputum samples. J Clin Microbiol. 2003;41:2616-22 pubmed
- Ota K, Kuraku S, Kuratani S. Hagfish embryology with reference to the evolution of the neural crest. Nature. 2007;446:672-5 pubmed
- Hu C, Kariya K, Okada T, Qi X, Song C, Kataoka T. Effect of phosphorylation on activities of Rap1A to interact with Raf-1 and to suppress Ras-dependent Raf-1 activation. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:48-51 pubmed
- Kontani Y, Sakata S, Matsuda K, Ohyama T, Sano K, Tamaki N. The mature size of rat 4-aminobutyrate aminotransferase is different in liver and brain. Eur J Biochem. 1999;264:218-22 pubmed..The second cleavage, which generates the mature liver beta-AlaAT I, is also carried out by a mitochondrial endopeptidase. The second peptidase is active in liver but lacking in brain. ..
- Song C, Hu C, Masago M, Kariyai K, Yamawaki Kataoka Y, Shibatohge M, et al. Regulation of a novel human phospholipase C, PLCepsilon, through membrane targeting by Ras. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2752-7 pubmed..These results indicate that Ras directly regulates phosphoinositide breakdown through membrane targeting of PLCepsilon. ..
- Nabetani A, Koujin T, Tsutsumi C, Haraguchi T, Hiraoka Y. A conserved protein, Nuf2, is implicated in connecting the centromere to the spindle during chromosome segregation: a link between the kinetochore function and the spindle checkpoint. Chromosoma. 2001;110:322-34 pubmed..We propose that Nuf2 acts at the centromere to establish a connection with the spindle for proper chromosome segregation, and that Nuf2 function is also required for the spindle checkpoint. ..
- Sato K, Nagao T, Kakumoto M, Kimoto M, Otsuki T, Iwasaki T, et al. Adaptor protein Shc is an isoform-specific direct activator of the tyrosine kinase c-Src. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29568-76 pubmed..Using this mutant, we have confirmed that the Shc-mediated c-Src activation triggers Stat-p21/WAF1/Cip1 pathway that has been implicated in the cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of epidermal growth factor-stimulated A431 cells. ..
- Yagi T, Baroja Fernandez E, Yamamoto R, Muñoz F, Akazawa T, Hong K, et al. Cloning, expression and characterization of a mammalian Nudix hydrolase-like enzyme that cleaves the pyrophosphate bond of UDP-glucose. Biochem J. 2003;370:409-15 pubmed..coli. The resulting cells accumulated a protein that showed kinetic properties identical to those of pig UGPPase. ..
- Komai K, Okayama R, Kitagawa M, Yagi H, Chihara K, Shiozawa S. Alternative splicing variants of the human DBL (MCF-2) proto-oncogene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:455-8 pubmed..1 exhibits no activity toward RhoA, Rac1, or Cdc42. In summary, we describe 4 splicing variants of the human DBL proto-oncogene that show different tissue distributions and GEF specificities. ..
- Markova E, Ueda H, Sakamoto K, Oishi K, Shimada T, Takeda M. Cloning of Cyc (Bmal1) homolog in Bombyx mori: structural analysis and tissue specific distributions. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;134:535-42 pubmed..Also no significant day, night time-specific difference in expression of BmCyc gene in the head was detected...
- Hayashi A, Asakawa H, Haraguchi T, Hiraoka Y. Reconstruction of the kinetochore during meiosis in fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:5173-84 pubmed
- Kurokawa D, Sakurai Y, Inoue A, Nakayama R, Takasaki N, Suda Y, et al. Evolutionary constraint on Otx2 neuroectoderm enhancers-deep conservation from skate to mouse and unique divergence in teleost. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19350-5 pubmed
- Kakihara K, Shinmyozu K, Kato K, Wada H, Hayashi S. Conversion of plasma membrane topology during epithelial tube connection requires Arf-like 3 small GTPase in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2008;125:325-36 pubmed
- Sekimoto S, Yokoo K, Kawamura Y, Honda D. Taxonomy, molecular phylogeny, and ultrastructural morphology of Olpidiopsis porphyrae sp. nov. (Oomycetes, straminipiles), a unicellular obligate endoparasite of Bangia and Porphyra spp. (Bangiales, Rhodophyta). Mycol Res. 2008;112:361-74 pubmed publisher..Group I intron-like multiple insertions were found in the SSU rRNA gene of O. porphyrae. This is the first report of SSU group I introns in the class Oomycetes...
- Saito T, Shibasaki T, Seino S. Involvement of Exoc3l, a protein structurally related to the exocyst subunit Sec6, in insulin secretion. Biomed Res. 2008;29:85-91 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of a deletion mutant of Exoc3l in MIN6 cells suppressed glucose-stimulated secretion. These results suggest that Exoc3l is involved in regulated exocytosis of insulin granules. ..
- Nagasaki K, Kumazawa M, Murakami S, Takenaka S, Koike K, Aoki K. Purification, characterization, and gene cloning of Ceriporiopsis sp. strain MD-1 peroxidases that decolorize human hair melanin. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:5106-12 pubmed publisher..The specific activities and K(m) values of E2-1 and E2-2 for synthetic and human hair melanins were much higher than those of Phanerochaete chrysosporium manganese peroxidase and lignin peroxidase. ..
- Tufail M, Takeda M. Molecular characteristics of insect vitellogenins. J Insect Physiol. 2008;54:1447-58 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis using 31 Vg sequences from 25 insect species reflects, in general, the current phylogenies of insects, suggesting that Vgs are still phylogenetically bound, although a divergence exists among them. ..
- Hashimoto T, Kikkawa U, Kamada S. Contribution of caspase(s) to the cell cycle regulation at mitotic phase. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18449 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that caspase(s) contribute to the cell cycle regulation at mitotic phase. ..
- Ginting T, Shinya K, Kyan Y, Makino A, Matsumoto N, Kaneda S, et al. Amino acid changes in hemagglutinin contribute to the replication of oseltamivir-resistant H1N1 influenza viruses. J Virol. 2012;86:121-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus identify HA mutations that contributed to the replacement of the oseltamivir-sensitive viruses of 2007 to 2008...
- Yanagihashi Y, Usui T, Izumi Y, Yonemura S, Sumida M, Tsukita S, et al. Snakeskin, a membrane protein associated with smooth septate junctions, is required for intestinal barrier function in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1980-90 pubmed publisher..We also show that the barrier function of the midgut to a fluorescent tracer is impaired in ssk-knockdown larvae. These results suggest that Ssk is required for the intestinal barrier function in Drosophila. ..