Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle in Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan
Locale: Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan
Topic: cell cycle
- Goto D, Nakayama J. RNA and epigenetic silencing: insight from fission yeast. Dev Growth Differ. 2012;54:129-41 pubmed publisher..pombe heterochromatin, focusing specifically on the mechanisms by which transcription and RNA processing interact with the chromatin modification machinery to maintain the epigenetically silent state. ..
- Nakamachi Y, Kawano S, Takenokuchi M, Nishimura K, Sakai Y, Chin T, et al. MicroRNA-124a is a key regulator of proliferation and monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 secretion in fibroblast-like synoviocytes from patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:1294-304 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that miR-124a is a key miRNA in the posttranscriptional regulatory mechanisms of RA synoviocytes. ..
- Eiraku M, Watanabe K, Matsuo Takasaki M, Kawada M, Yonemura S, Matsumura M, et al. Self-organized formation of polarized cortical tissues from ESCs and its active manipulation by extrinsic signals. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:519-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, spatial and temporal aspects of early corticogenesis are recapitulated and can be manipulated in this ESC culture. ..
- Nagano T, Hashimoto T, Nakashima A, Hisanaga S, Kikkawa U, Kamada S. Cyclin I is involved in the regulation of cell cycle progression. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2617-24 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that Cyclin I has the role in the regulation of cell cycle progression. ..
- Hashimoto T, Yamauchi L, Hunter T, Kikkawa U, Kamada S. Possible involvement of caspase-7 in cell cycle progression at mitosis. Genes Cells. 2008;13:609-21 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that caspase-7 has a novel role during cell cycle progression at mitosis. ..
- Ono K, Kita T, Sato S, O Neill P, Mak S, Paschaki M, et al. FGFR1-Frs2/3 signalling maintains sensory progenitors during inner ear hair cell formation. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004118 pubmed publisher..We suggest that FGF signaling, through the activation of MAP kinase, is necessary for the maintenance of sensory progenitors and commits precursors to sensory cell differentiation in the mammalian cochlea. ..
- Takahashi M, Shibata H, Shimakawa M, Miyamoto M, Mukai H, Ono Y. Characterization of a novel giant scaffolding protein, CG-NAP, that anchors multiple signaling enzymes to centrosome and the golgi apparatus. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:17267-74 pubmed
- Ebata T, Hirata H, Kawauchi K. Functions of the Tumor Suppressors p53 and Rb in Actin Cytoskeleton Remodeling. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:9231057 pubmed publisher..We further discuss how dysfunction in the p53- and/or Rb-mediated mechanosignaling pathways is potentially involved in cancer progression. These pathways might provide good targets for developing anticancer therapies. ..
- Kakiuchi S, Minami Y, Miyata Y, Mizutani Y, Goto H, Kawamoto S, et al. NANOG Expression as a Responsive Biomarker during Treatment with Hedgehog Signal Inhibitor in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Additionally, the treatment of AML with PF-913 holds promise, possibly through inducing quiescent leukemia stem cells toward cell cycling. ..
- Maniwa Y, Yoshimura M, Bermudez V, Yuki T, Okada K, Kanomata N, et al. Accumulation of hRad9 protein in the nuclei of nonsmall cell lung carcinoma cells. Cancer. 2005;103:126-32 pubmed..The findings made in the current study suggest that Rad9 expression may play an important role in cell cycle control in NSCLC cells and may influence NSCLC cell phenotype. ..
- Moriyama T, Fujimitsu Y, Yoshikai Y, Sasano T, Yamada K, Murakami M, et al. SUMO-modification and elimination of the active DNA demethylation enzyme TDG in cultured human cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:419-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into the in vivo dynamics of TDG SUMOylation and further clarify the TDG-RNF4 interaction. ..
- Ishiguro J, Uhara Y, Kawahara K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a fission yeast gene responsible for supersensitivity to the spindle poison, isopropyl N-3-chlorophenyl carbamate. Jpn J Genet. 1994;69:671-8 pubmed..The disruption experiment suggests that the gene is an extragenic suppressor of cps3 mutation...
- Tokmakov A, Iwasaki T, Sato K, Fukami Y. Analysis of signal transduction in cell-free extracts and rafts of Xenopus eggs. Methods. 2010;51:177-82 pubmed publisher..Herein, we describe protocols for studying molecular mechanisms of egg fertilization/activation using cell-free extracts and membrane rafts prepared from metaphase-arrested Xenopus eggs. ..
- Kosodo Y, Suetsugu T, Suda M, Mimori Kiyosue Y, Toida K, Baba S, et al. Regulation of interkinetic nuclear migration by cell cycle-coupled active and passive mechanisms in the developing brain. EMBO J. 2011;30:1690-704 pubmed publisher..Our model for INM explains how the dynamics of neural progenitors harmonize their extensive proliferation with the epithelial architecture in the developing brain. ..
- Yamamoto M, Nishiuma T, Kobayashi K, Maniwa Y, Sakashita A, Funada Y, et al. Rad9 is upregulated and plays protective roles in an acute lung injury model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;376:590-4 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Rad9 is a signal in the earlier stage of epithelial cell cycle regulation and plays protective roles in alveolar epithelial cells in the pathogenesis of acute lung injury. ..
- Orihara Ono M, Suzuki E, Saito M, Yoda Y, Aigaki T, Hama C. The slender lobes gene, identified by retarded mushroom body development, is required for proper nucleolar organization in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2005;281:121-33 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that Sle is a general factor of nuclear architecture in Drosophila that is required for the correct organization of the nucleolus during development. ..
- Hinata N, Shirakawa T, Zhang Z, Matsumoto A, Fujisawa M, Okada H, et al. Radiation induces p53-dependent cell apoptosis in bladder cancer cells with wild-type- p53 but not in p53-mutated bladder cancer cells. Urol Res. 2003;31:387-96 pubmed..It was demonstrated that ionizing radiation induces p53-dependent cell apoptosis in bladder cancer cells with wt- p53 but not in those with mutated p53. ..
- Kobayashi K, Jakt L, Nishikawa S. Epigenetic regulation of the neuroblastoma genes, Arid3b and Mycn. Oncogene. 2013;32:2640-8 pubmed publisher..In many, if not most, neuroblastomas these genes carry H3K4me3 marks within their promoters. Thus, a failure of the epigenetic silencing of these genes during development may be an underlying factor responsible for neuroblastoma. ..
- Arikawa M, Momokawa N, Saito A, Omura G, Khan S, Suetomo Y, et al. Ca2+-dependent contractility of isolated and demembranated macronuclei in the hypotrichous ciliate Euplotes aediculatus. Cell Calcium. 2003;33:113-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest a possibility that Ca(2+)-dependent nuclear contractility may be shared among diverse eukaryotic organisms...
- Takanaga H, Tsuchida Straeten N, Nishide K, Watanabe A, Aburatani H, Kondo T. Gli2 is a novel regulator of sox2 expression in telencephalic neuroepithelial cells. Stem Cells. 2009;27:165-74 pubmed publisher..Thus these data reveal a novel transcriptional cascade, involving Gli2 --> Sox2 --> Hes5, which maintains the undifferentiated state of telencephalic NE cells. ..
- Kuriyama I, Nakajima Y, Nishida H, Konishi T, Takeuchi T, Sugawara F, et al. Inhibitory effects of low molecular weight polyphenolics from Inonotus obliquus on human DNA topoisomerase activity and cancer cell proliferation. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:535-42 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of action of these catechol propanoid compounds and the implication for their use as anticancer agents are discussed. ..
- Konno D, Shioi G, Shitamukai A, Mori A, Kiyonari H, Miyata T, et al. Neuroepithelial progenitors undergo LGN-dependent planar divisions to maintain self-renewability during mammalian neurogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:93-101 pubmed..Our results suggest that planar mitosis ensures the self-renewal of neuroepithelial progenitors by one daughter inheriting both apical and basal compartments during neurogenesis. ..
- Tsutsumi S, Sugiura R, Ma Y, Tokuoka H, Ohta K, Ohte R, et al. Wobble inosine tRNA modification is essential to cell cycle progression in G(1)/S and G(2)/M transitions in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33459-65 pubmed..These results suggest that the wobble inosine tRNA modification is essential for cell cycle progression in the G(1)/S and G(2)/M transitions in fission yeast. ..
- Lu Y, Sugiura R, Yada T, Cheng H, Sio S, Shuntoh H, et al. Calcineurin is implicated in the regulation of the septation initiation network in fission yeast. Genes Cells. 2002;7:1009-19 pubmed..These results suggest that calcineurin is involved in the regulation of the SIN pathway, and is required for the proper formation and maturation of the septum in fission yeast. ..
- Nishimura T, Takahashi M, Kim H, Mukai H, Ono Y. Centrosome-targeting region of CG-NAP causes centrosome amplification by recruiting cyclin E-cdk2 complex. Genes Cells. 2005;10:75-86 pubmed
- Nishimura Y, Yonemura S. Centralspindlin regulates ECT2 and RhoA accumulation at the equatorial cortex during cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:104-14 pubmed..Positional information for division plane determination from microtubules is transmitted to the cell cortex to organize actin cytoskeleton through a mechanism involving these proteins. ..