Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant proteins in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Topic: recombinant proteins
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Yamamoto T, Sato N, Sekine Y, Yumioka T, Imoto S, Junicho A, et al. Molecular interactions between STAT3 and protein inhibitor of activated STAT3, and androgen receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;306:610-5 pubmed..These results indicate that AR and PIAS3 regulate the STAT3-mediated transcriptional activity by their physical protein-protein competition on STAT3. ..
- Ohya M, Nishitani C, Sano H, Yamada C, Mitsuzawa H, Shimizu T, et al. Human pulmonary surfactant protein D binds the extracellular domains of Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 through the carbohydrate recognition domain by a mechanism different from its binding to phosphatidylinositol and lipopolysaccharide. Biochemistry. 2006;45:8657-64 pubmed..Thus, human SP-D binds the extracellular domains of TLR2 and TLR4 through its CRD by a mechanism different from its binding to PI and LPS. ..
- Makita N, Shirai N, Wang D, Sasaki K, George A, Kanno M, et al. Cardiac Na(+) channel dysfunction in Brugada syndrome is aggravated by beta(1)-subunit. Circulation. 2000;101:54-60 pubmed..One possible explanation for our finding is an altered alpha-/beta(1)-subunit association in the mutant. ..
- Matsui H, Moriyama A, Takahashi T. Cloning and characterization of mouse klk27, a novel tissue kallikrein expressed in testicular Leydig cells and exhibiting chymotrypsin-like specificity. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:6858-65 pubmed..Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 was also hydrolyzed by recombinant mKlk27. These results suggest that mKlk27 plays an important role in association with the function of the adult mouse testis. ..
- Kouguchi H, Suzuki T, Yamano K, Honma H, Sawada Y. Characterization of various recombinant antigens from Echinococcus multilocularis for use in the immunodiagnosis. Protein J. 2005;24:57-64 pubmed..In addition, the specific antibodies against #7 and #8s reacted with specific antigens in crude extract of E. multilocularis cyst, indicating that these antigens retained antigenicity common to native EmII/3 and AFFP, respectively. ..
- Kim H, Nakajima C, Kim Y, Yokoyama K, Suzuki Y. Influence of lineage-specific amino acid dimorphisms in GyrA on Mycobacterium tuberculosis resistance to fluoroquinolones. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2012;65:72-4 pubmed..These findings were in striking contrast to previous reports analyzing GyrA with Thr95 and suggest an important impact of the amino acid in the development of fluoroquinolone resistance...
- Koma T, Yoshimatsu K, Taruishi M, Miyashita D, Endo R, Shimizu K, et al. Development of a serotyping enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay system based on recombinant truncated hantavirus nucleocapsid proteins for New World hantavirus infection. J Virol Methods. 2012;185:74-81 pubmed publisher..The serotyping ELISA with trNP100 is useful for epidemiological surveillance in humans and rodents. ..
- Ban T, Ishihara T, Kohno H, Saita S, Ichimura A, Maenaka K, et al. Molecular basis of selective mitochondrial fusion by heterotypic action between OPA1 and cardiolipin. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:856-863 pubmed publisher..Thus, multiple OPA1 functions are modulated by local CL conditions for regulation of mitochondrial morphology and quality control. ..
- Yoneta M, Sahara T, Nitta K, Takada Y. Characterization of chimeric isocitrate dehydrogenases of a mesophilic nitrogen-fixing bacterium, Azotobacter vinelandii, and a psychrophilic bacterium, Colwellia maris. Curr Microbiol. 2004;48:383-8 pubmed..maris. Furthermore, the C-terminal region of the C. maris IDH-II was suggested to be responsible for its psychrophilic characteristics. ..
- Maeda T, Ohguro H, Sohma H, Kuroki Y, Wada H, Okisaka S, et al. Purification and characterization of bovine cone arrestin (cArr). FEBS Lett. 2000;470:336-40 pubmed..The present data suggest that cArr may play a role in the quenching of phototransduction in cone photoreceptors and that its activity therein is different to that of rArr. ..
- Onodera S, Nishihira J, Iwabuchi K, Koyama Y, Yoshida K, Tanaka S, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor up-regulates matrix metalloproteinase-9 and -13 in rat osteoblasts. Relevance to intracellular signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7865-74 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that MIF increases the MMP-13 mRNA level of rat osteoblasts via the Src-related tyrosine kinase-, Ras-, ERK1/2-, and AP-1-dependent pathway. ..
- Oda A, Wada I, Miura K, Okawa K, Kadoya T, Kato T, et al. CrkL directs ASAP1 to peripheral focal adhesions. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6456-60 pubmed..An SH2-mutated CrkL, which cannot localize at focal adhesions, failed to recruit ASAP1 into focal adhesions. Thus, CrkL appears to be a lynchpin between ASAP1 and peripheral focal adhesions. ..
- Maita H, Kitaura H, Ariga H, Iguchi Ariga S. CIR, a corepressor of CBF1, binds to PAP-1 and effects alternative splicing. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:375-87 pubmed..These results indicate that CIR is a member of the family of SR-related proteins and that CIR plays a role in splicing regulation. ..
- Okuyama M, Miyamoto M, Matsuo I, Iwamoto S, Serizawa R, Tanuma M, et al. Substrate recognition of the catalytic ?-subunit of glucosidase II from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1503-1511 pubmed publisher..This catalytic ?-subunit also removed terminal glucose residues from native N-glycans (Glc2Man9GlcNAc2 and Glc1Man9GlcNAc2) although the activity was low. ..
- Yamamori T, Inanami O, Nagahata H, Kuwabara M. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulates the phosphorylation of NADPH oxidase component p47(phox) by controlling cPKC/PKCdelta but not Akt. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:720-30 pubmed..These results suggest that PI3K regulates the phosphorylation of NADPH oxidase component p47(phox) by controlling diacylglycerol-dependent PKCs but not Akt. ..
- Ogura K, Kobashigawa Y, Saio T, Kumeta H, Torikai S, Inagaki F. Practical applications of hydrostatic pressure to refold proteins from inclusion bodies for NMR structural studies. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2013;26:409-16 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that the hydrostatic pressure method is effective for preparing samples for NMR structural studies...
- Kondoh T, Manzoor R, Nao N, Maruyama J, Furuyama W, Miyamoto H, et al. Putative endogenous filovirus VP35-like protein potentially functions as an IFN antagonist but not a polymerase cofactor. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186450 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mlEFL35p potentially acts as an IFN antagonist but not a polymerase cofactor...
- Fujita A, Ohkubo T, Hoshino H, Takabatake H, Tagaki S, Sekine K. Phase I study of carboplatin, irinotecan and docetaxel on a divided schedule with recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor support in patients with stage IIIB or IV non-small cell lung cancer. Anticancer Drugs. 2002;13:505-9 pubmed..The response rate and survival data in this phase I study are encouraging. We considered that the pathogenesis of diarrhea involved not only direct cytotoxic damage to the mucosa, but also bacterial overgrowth...
- Saeki Y, Sone T, Toh e A, Yokosawa H. Identification of ubiquitin-like protein-binding subunits of the 26S proteasome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:813-9 pubmed..By cross-linking experiments, Rpn1 and Rpn2 were identified as Ubl-binding subunits. Taken together, the results suggest that the Rpn1 and Rpn2 in the base subcomplex form the receptor for the ubiquitin-like protein. ..
- Tajima K, Han X, Satoh Y, Ishii A, Araki Y, Munekata M, et al. In vitro synthesis of polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) incorporating lactate (LA) with a block sequence by using a newly engineered thermostable PHA synthase from Pseudomonas sp. SG4502 with acquired LA-polymerizing activity. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;94:365-76 pubmed publisher
- Hasebe A, Yoshimura A, Into T, Kataoka H, Tanaka S, Arakawa S, et al. Biological activities of Bacteroides forsythus lipoproteins and their possible pathological roles in periodontal disease. Infect Immun. 2004;72:1318-25 pubmed..Thus, this study suggested that BfLP plays some etiological roles in oral infections, especially periodontal disease, by induction of cell activation or apoptosis...
- Iida E, Satou K, Mishima M, Kojima C, Harashima H, Kamiya H. Amino acid residues involved in substrate recognition of the Escherichia coli Orf135 protein. Biochemistry. 2005;44:5683-9 pubmed..coli reduced the level of formation of rpoB mutants elicited by H(2)O(2). These results reveal the residues involved in the substrate binding of the E. coli Orf135 protein. ..
- Seki A, Miyauchi S, Hayashi S, Kikukawa T, Kubo M, Demura M, et al. Heterologous expression of Pharaonis halorhodopsin in Xenopus laevis oocytes and electrophysiological characterization of its light-driven Cl- pump activity. Biophys J. 2007;92:2559-69 pubmed..We have also analyzed the kinetics of voltage-dependent Cl- pump activity as well as that of the photocycle. Based on these data, a kinetic model for voltage-dependent Cl- transport via pHR is presented...
- Begum P, Sakai N, Hayashi T, Gao Y, Tamura T, Watanabe N, et al. Crystal structure of SCO6571 from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). Protein Pept Lett. 2008;15:709-12 pubmed..97 A (3) Da(-1) and solvent content of 58.6 %. The structure was solved by the single wavelength anomalous diffraction (SAD) method. SCO6571 is a TIM-barrel fold protein that assembles into a hexameric molecule with D(3) symmetry. ..
- Okumura F, Kameda H, Ojima T, Hatakeyama S. Expression of recombinant sea urchin cellulase SnEG54 using mammalian cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:352-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that non-mammalian sea urchin cellulase can be generated in human cell lines but that recombinant SnEG54 is unstable in culture medium due to an unidentified mechanism...
- Honma S, Nakata S, Numata K, Kogawa K, Yamashita T, Oseto M, et al. Epidemiological study of prevalence of genogroup II human calicivirus (Mexico virus) infections in Japan and Southeast Asia as determined by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays. J Clin Microbiol. 1998;36:2481-4 pubmed
- Sato N, Yamamoto T, Sekine Y, Yumioka T, Junicho A, Fuse H, et al. Involvement of heat-shock protein 90 in the interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway through STAT3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:847-52 pubmed..We provide evidence that the action of GA on IL-6 functions was due to the inhibition of direct physical interactions between STAT3 and Hsp90, which represents a novel role of Hsp90 in the IL-6 signaling pathways. ..
- Saito E, Saito A, Kawanami M. Favorable healing following space creation in rhBMP-2-induced periodontal regeneration of horizontal circumferential defects in dogs with experimental periodontitis. J Periodontol. 2003;74:1808-15 pubmed..Implantation of rhBMP-2/PGS enhances bone formation and connective tissue attachment in horizontal circumferential defects. In addition, the use of a spacer membrane reduces the degree of bone formation, but minimizes ankylosis. ..
- Sekiguchi H, Isogai M, Masuta C, Uyeda I. 3C-like protease encoded by Rice tungro spherical virus is autocatalytically processed. Arch Virol. 2005;150:595-601 pubmed..A point mutation was introduced at a potential major self-cleavage site (C(2763)). The mutation abolished the catalytic activity, suggesting that the mutation site is important for the recognition of the protease...
- Jodo S, Pidiyar V, Xiao S, Furusaki A, Sharma R, Koike T, et al. Fas ligand (CD178) cytoplasmic tail is a positive regulator of Fas ligand-mediated cytotoxicity. J Immunol. 2005;174:4470-4 pubmed..Our study identifies a novel function of FasL(Cyt) and demonstrates that FasL(2-33), a sequence unique to FasL, is critically required for the optimal expression of FasL(Ext)-mediated cytotoxicity. ..
- Abe M, Takahashi T, Komeda Y. Cloning and characterization of an L1 layer-specific gene in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 1999;40:571-80 pubmed..Possible roles of the PDF1 gene in the SAM are discussed. ..
- Kimura K, Sasaki N, Asano A, Mizukami J, Kayahashi S, Kawada T, et al. Mutated human beta3-adrenergic receptor (Trp64Arg) lowers the response to beta3-adrenergic agonists in transfected 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Horm Metab Res. 2000;32:91-6 pubmed
- Tsuji M, Inanami O, Kuwabara M. Induction of neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells by alpha -phenyl-N-tert-butylnitron through activation of protein kinase C and the Ras-extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32779-85 pubmed..From these results, it was concluded that PBN induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells through activation of the Ras-ERK pathway and PKC. ..
- Shinbo Y, Niki T, Taira T, Ooe H, Takahashi Niki K, Maita C, et al. Proper SUMO-1 conjugation is essential to DJ-1 to exert its full activities. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:96-108 pubmed publisher..Both L166P-expressing cells and DJ-1-knockdown cells were found to be highly susceptible to UV-induced cell apoptosis...
- Ono T, Kitaura H, Ugai H, Murata T, Yokoyama K, Iguchi Ariga S, et al. TOK-1, a novel p21Cip1-binding protein that cooperatively enhances p21-dependent inhibitory activity toward CDK2 kinase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31145-54 pubmed..Furthermore, the results of three different types of experiments showed that TOK-1alpha enhanced the inhibitory activity of p21 toward histone H1 kinase activity of CDK2. TOK-1alpha is thus thought to be a new type of CDK2 modulator. ..
- Iwaki D, Mitsuzawa H, Murakami S, Sano H, Konishi M, Akino T, et al. The extracellular toll-like receptor 2 domain directly binds peptidoglycan derived from Staphylococcus aureus. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24315-20 pubmed..In addition, we found that sCD14 interacted with sTLR2 and increased the binding of sTLR2 to iPGN. From these results, we conclude that the extracellular TLR2 domain directly binds to PGN. ..
- Kuronuma K, Sano H, Kato K, Kudo K, Hyakushima N, Yokota S, et al. Pulmonary surfactant protein A augments the phagocytosis of Streptococcus pneumoniae by alveolar macrophages through a casein kinase 2-dependent increase of cell surface localization of scavenger receptor A. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21421-30 pubmed..pneumoniae by alveolar macrophages through a CK2-dependent increase of cell surface SR-A localization. This study reveals a novel mechanism of bacterial clearance by alveolar macrophages. ..
- Hashida S, Yuzawa S, Suzuki N, Fujioka Y, Takikawa T, Sumimoto H, et al. Binding of FAD to cytochrome b558 is facilitated during activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase, leading to superoxide production. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26378-86 pubmed
- Ko H, Uehara T, Tsuruma K, Nomura Y. Ubiquilin interacts with ubiquitylated proteins and proteasome through its ubiquitin-associated and ubiquitin-like domains. FEBS Lett. 2004;566:110-4 pubmed
- Kitamura M, Ose T, Okuyama M, Watanabe H, Yao M, Mori H, et al. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of alpha-xylosidase from Escherichia coli. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:178-9 pubmed..75 A. Crystals of selenomethionyl-substituted alpha-xylosidase were also obtained, which diffracted to at least 3.0 A. Based on the value of VM, the asymmetric unit in these crystals was assumed to contain six molecules. ..
- Ishikura H, Takahashi C, Kanagawa K, Hirata H, Imai K, Yoshiki T. Cytokine regulation of ICAM-1 expression on human renal tubular epithelial cells in vitro. Transplantation. 1991;51:1272-5 pubmed..This may result in an increase in the attachment of graft-infiltrating T cells to the renal tubular cells, by the ICAM-1-LFA-1 interaction. ..
- Yamamoto T, Sekine Y, Kashima K, Kubota A, Sato N, Aoki N, et al. The nuclear isoform of protein-tyrosine phosphatase TC-PTP regulates interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway through STAT3 dephosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:811-7 pubmed..Endogenous TC-PTP complexed with STAT3 in the nucleus of M1 cells. These results strongly suggest that the nuclear isoform of TC-PTP may serve as a negative regulator of IL-6-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Okuyama M, Mori H, Chiba S, Kimura A. Overexpression and characterization of two unknown proteins, YicI and YihQ, originated from Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2004;37:170-9 pubmed..alpha-Glucosidase has been found for the first time in E. coli. ..
- Fujino A, Ose T, Yao M, Tokiwano T, Honma M, Watanabe N, et al. Structural and enzymatic properties of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase homologue from Pyrococcus horikoshii. J Mol Biol. 2004;341:999-1013 pubmed publisher..We also propose a condition necessary in the primary sequence to have ACCD activity...
- Kamiya H, Iida E, Harashima H. Important amino acids in the phosphohydrolase module of Escherichia coli Orf135. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:1063-8 pubmed..These results indicate the essential residues for the activity of the Orf135 protein. ..
- Ohta T, Imagawa T, Ito S. Novel agonistic action of mustard oil on recombinant and endogenous porcine transient receptor potential V1 (pTRPV1) channels. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;73:1646-56 pubmed..These results provide an insight into the TRPV1-mediated effects of MO on inflammation and hyperalgesia. ..
- Dang Z, Yagi K, Oku Y, Kouguchi H, Kajino K, Watanabe J, et al. Evaluation of Echinococcus multilocularis tetraspanins as vaccine candidates against primary alveolar echinococcosis. Vaccine. 2009;27:7339-45 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that recombinant tetraspanins have varying protective effects against primary alveolar echinococcosis and could be used in vaccine development...
- Hosoguchi K, Maeda T, Furukawa J, Shinohara Y, Hinou H, Sekiguchi M, et al. An efficient approach to the discovery of potent inhibitors against glycosyltransferases. J Med Chem. 2010;53:5607-19 pubmed publisher..8 microM). ..
- Nakayama E, Yokoyama A, Miyamoto H, Igarashi M, Kishida N, Matsuno K, et al. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of filovirus species-specific antibodies. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010;17:1723-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the usefulness of our ELISA for diagnostics as well as ecological and serosurvey studies...
- Sawano T, Saburi W, Hamura K, Matsui H, Mori H. Characterization of Ruminococcus albus cellodextrin phosphorylase and identification of a key phenylalanine residue for acceptor specificity and affinity to the phosphate group. FEBS J. 2013;280:4463-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the F633Y mutant showed 75- and 1100-fold lower apparent Km values for inorganic phosphate and Glc1P, respectively, in phosphorolysis and synthesis of cellotriose...
- Watanabe S, Murata S, Kumura H, Nakamura S, Bollen A, Moguilevsky N, et al. Bovine lactoperoxidase and its recombinant: comparison of structure and some biochemical properties. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;274:756-61 pubmed..A difference in the pH-dependent spectral changes of absorbance at 413 nm was observed. From a pepsin hydrolysate of lactoperoxidase, a heme-binding peptide was isolated by reverse-phase HPLC and its amino acid sequence was examined. ..
- Hirano Y, Yoshinaga S, Ogura K, Yokochi M, Noda Y, Sumimoto H, et al. Solution structure of atypical protein kinase C PB1 domain and its mode of interaction with ZIP/p62 and MEK5. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:31883-90 pubmed
- Nakamura T, Asano A, Okano S, Ko J, Kon Y, Watanabe T, et al. Intracellular localization and antiviral property of canine Mx proteins. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2005;25:169-73 pubmed..BALB/3T3 fibroblasts expressing stably Mx2 but not Mx1 had an antiviral activity against recombinant vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV). This is the first report demonstrating the functional analysis of canine Mx proteins. ..
- Hirano Y, Nishimiya Y, Matsumoto S, Matsushita M, Todo S, Miura A, et al. Hypothermic preservation effect on mammalian cells of type III antifreeze proteins from notched-fin eelpout. Cryobiology. 2008;57:46-51 pubmed publisher..The successful hypothermic preservation of cells using natural NfeAFPs may have a wide range of applications for cell engineering and clinical medical care. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Yokoyama K, Nakajima C, Suzuki Y. Quinolone resistance-associated amino acid substitutions affect enzymatic activity of Mycobacterium leprae DNA gyrase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1343-1347 pubmed publisher..In addition, patterns of time-dependent conversion from relaxed circular DNA into supercoiled DNA by DNA gyrases with clinically unreported Asp95Gly and Asp95Asn were observed to be distinct from those by the other DNA gyrases. ..
- Tanuma N, Nakamura K, Shima H, Kikuchi K. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase PTPepsilon C inhibits Jak-STAT signaling and differentiation induced by interleukin-6 and leukemia inhibitory factor in M1 leukemia cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:28216-21 pubmed..These results suggest an important role for PTPepsilonC in negative regulation of IL-6- and LIF-induced Jak-STAT signaling. ..
- Ikeda O, Sekine Y, Muromoto R, Ohbayashi N, Yoshimura A, Matsuda T. Enhanced c-Fms/M-CSF receptor signaling and wound-healing process in bone marrow-derived macrophages of signal-transducing adaptor protein-2 (STAP-2) deficient mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1790-3 pubmed..We therefore propose that STAP-2 acts as an endogenous regulator in normal macrophages functions. ..
- Shimizu T, Nishitani C, Mitsuzawa H, Ariki S, Takahashi M, Ohtani K, et al. Mannose binding lectin and lung collectins interact with Toll-like receptor 4 and MD-2 by different mechanisms. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:1705-10 pubmed publisher..These direct interactions between MBL and TLR4 or MD-2 suggest that MBL may modulate cellular responses by altering signals through TLRs. ..
- Nagasaki K, Ikoma T, Katsuda S, Tonegawa T, Tanaka J, Ohyama M, et al. Amelioration of anemia in the ICGN mouse, a renal anemia model, with a subcutaneous bolus injection of erythropoietin adsorbed to hydroxyapatite matrix. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:1365-71 pubmed..In conclusion, Zn or Zn/PLA formulation of HAp was considered to be one of the useful carriers of rhEPO for long-term improvement of anemia. ..
- Xiao W, Koizumi K, Nishio M, Endo T, Osawa M, Fujimoto K, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits generation of glycophorin A+ cells by CD34+ cells. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:1238-47 pubmed
- Takeuchi J, Tamura T. Recombinant ATPases of the yeast 26S proteasome activate protein degradation by the 20S proteasome. FEBS Lett. 2004;565:39-42 pubmed..Our finding, production of a functional subunit of the 19S regulatory particle in bacteria, is a simpler and technically advanced system to functionally characterize individual subunits. ..
- Samanta M, Iwakiri D, Kanda T, Imaizumi T, Takada K. EB virus-encoded RNAs are recognized by RIG-I and activate signaling to induce type I IFN. EMBO J. 2006;25:4207-14 pubmed..It was also shown that EBERs co-precipitated with RIG-I. These results indicate that EBERs are recognized by RIG-I and activate signaling to induce type I IFN in EBV-infected cells. ..
- Uemura T, Sano H, Katoh T, Nishitani C, Mitsuzawa H, Shimizu T, et al. Surfactant protein A without the interruption of Gly-X-Y repeats loses a kink of oligomeric structure and exhibits impaired phospholipid liposome aggregation ability. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14543-51 pubmed..These results indicate that the interruption of Gly-X-Y repeats in the SP-A molecule is critical for the formation of a flower bouquet-like octadecamer and contributes to SP-A's capacity to aggregate phospholipid liposomes. ..
- Takekuma Y, Takenaka T, Yamazaki K, Ueno K, Sugawara M. Stereoselective metabolism of racemic carvedilol by UGT1A1 and UGT2B7, and effects of mutation of these enzymes on glucuronidation activity. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:2146-53 pubmed..However, as in the case of UGT1A1, neither of the mutations affected stereoselective metabolism. ..
- Nonaka Y, Akieda D, Aizawa T, Watanabe N, Kamiya M, Kumaki Y, et al. X-ray crystallography and structural stability of digestive lysozyme from cow stomach. FEBS J. 2009;276:2192-200 pubmed..It is likely that BSL2 loses lytic activity at neutral pH because of adaptations to resist pepsin. ..
- Koma T, Yoshimatsu K, Pini N, Safronetz D, Taruishi M, Levis S, et al. Truncated hantavirus nucleocapsid proteins for serotyping Sin Nombre, Andes, and Laguna Negra hantavirus infections in humans and rodents. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:1635-42 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that a screening ELISA using an E. coli-expressed antigen followed by a serotyping ELISA using trN100s is useful for epidemiological surveillance in regions where two or more hantavirus species cocirculate...
- Iwata K, Seya T, Yanagi Y, Pesando J, Johnson P, Okabe M, et al. Diversity of sites for measles virus binding and for inactivation of complement C3b and C4b on membrane cofactor protein CD46. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:15148-52 pubmed..The functional domains of MCP for the three natural ligands C3b, C4b, and MV, therefore, map to different, although partly overlapping, SCR domains. ..
- Ogawa K, Sun J, Taketani S, Nakajima O, Nishitani C, Sassa S, et al. Heme mediates derepression of Maf recognition element through direct binding to transcription repressor Bach1. EMBO J. 2001;20:2835-43 pubmed..The repressor activity of Bach1 was lost upon addition of hemin in transfected cells. These results suggest that increased levels of heme inactivate the repressor Bach1, resulting in induction of a host of genes with MARES: ..
- Sudo Y, Iwamoto M, Shimono K, Kamo N. Pharaonis phoborhodopsin binds to its cognate truncated transducer even in the presence of a detergent with a 1:1 stoichiometry. Photochem Photobiol. 2001;74:489-94 pubmed..From these analyses we estimated the dissociation constant (15.2 +/- 1.8 microM) and the number of binding sites (1.2 +/- 0.08)...
- Okazaki I, Suzuki N, Nishi N, Utani A, Matsuura H, Shinkai H, et al. Identification of biologically active sequences in the laminin alpha 4 chain G domain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37070-8 pubmed..These active peptides may be useful for defining of the molecular mechanism laminin-receptor interactions and laminin-mediated cellular signaling pathways. ..
- Hyakushima N, Mitsuzawa H, Nishitani C, Sano H, Kuronuma K, Konishi M, et al. Interaction of soluble form of recombinant extracellular TLR4 domain with MD-2 enables lipopolysaccharide binding and attenuates TLR4-mediated signaling. J Immunol. 2004;173:6949-54 pubmed..In addition, the use of sTLR4 may lead to a new therapeutic strategy for dampening endotoxin-induced inflammation. ..
- Fujimoto Z, Suzuki N, Kishine N, Ichinose H, Momma M, Kimura A, et al. Carbohydrate-binding architecture of the multi-modular ?-1,6-glucosyltransferase from Paenibacillus sp. 598K, which produces ?-1,6-glucosyl-?-glucosaccharides from starch. Biochem J. 2017;474:2763-2778 pubmed publisher..Ps6TG31A appears to have enhanced transglucosylation activity facilitated by its carbohydrate-binding modules and substrate-binding cleft that positions the substrate and acceptor sugar for the transglucosylation. ..
- Imoto S, Sugiyama K, Muromoto R, Sato N, Yamamoto T, Matsuda T. Regulation of transforming growth factor-beta signaling by protein inhibitor of activated STAT, PIASy through Smad3. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34253-8 pubmed..These findings provide the first evidence that a PIAS family protein, PIASy, associates with Smads and involves the regulation of TGF-beta signaling using the negative feedback loop. ..
- Hakata Y, Yamada M, Shida H. A multifunctional domain in human CRM1 (exportin 1) mediates RanBP3 binding and multimerization of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Rex protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8751-61 pubmed..Our results provide the molecular basis underlying the species-specific ability of HTLV-1 to propagate in human cells. ..
- Tanaka J, Toubai T, Tsutsumi Y, Miura Y, Kato N, Umehara S, et al. Cytolytic activity and regulatory functions of inhibitory NK cell receptor-expressing T cells expanded from granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-mobilized peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Blood. 2004;104:768-74 pubmed..Therefore, CD94-expressing cells with cytolytic activity against the recipient's leukemic and tumor cells without enhancement of alloresponse might be able to be expanded from donor G-PBMCs. ..
- Nishitani C, Mitsuzawa H, Hyakushima N, Sano H, Matsushima N, Kuroki Y. The Toll-like receptor 4 region Glu24-Pro34 is critical for interaction with MD-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:586-90 pubmed..These results clearly demonstrate that the amino-terminal TLR4 region of Glu(24)-Pro(34) is critical for MD-2 binding and LPS signaling. ..
- Rajapakse S, Ogiwara K, Yamano N, Kimura A, Hirata K, Takahashi S, et al. Characterization of mouse tissue kallikrein 5. Zoolog Sci. 2006;23:963-8 pubmed..mK5 degraded gelatin, fibronectin, collagen type IV, high-molecular-weight kininogen, and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. Our data suggest that mK5 may be implicated in the process of extracellular matrix remodeling. ..
- Mitsuhashi S, Shima H, Li Y, Tanuma N, Okamoto T, Kikuchi K, et al. Tautomycetin suppresses the TNFalpha/NF-kappaB pathway via inhibition of IKK activation. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:1027-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the PP1 positively regulates the TNFalpha-induced NF-kappaB pathway at the level of IKK activation. Thus, TC might be used therapeutically to suppress the TNFalpha/NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Shibasaki K, Shigemura H, Kikukawa T, Kamiya M, Aizawa T, Kawano K, et al. Role of Thr218 in the light-driven anion pump halorhodopsin from Natronomonas pharaonis. Biochemistry. 2013;52:9257-68 pubmed publisher..The effect of the mutation on the pumping activities is discussed. ..
- Nikaido M, Tada M, Takeda H, Kuroiwa A, Ueno N. In vivo analysis using variants of zebrafish BMPR-IA: range of action and involvement of BMP in ectoderm patterning. Development. 1999;126:181-90 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that, in ectodermal patterning, BMP exerts a direct and cell-autonomous effect to fate uncommitted ectodermal cells to become epidermis. ..
- Nakamura K, Shima H, Watanabe M, Haneji T, Kikuchi K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel dual-specificity protein phosphatase possibly involved in spermatogenesis. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 3:819-25 pubmed..These data demonstrate that TMDP is a novel DSP abundantly expressed in the testis and suggest that TMDP may be involved in the regulation of meiosis and/or differentiation of testicular germ cells during spermatogenesis. ..
- Koya R, Fujita H, Shimizu S, Ohtsu M, Takimoto M, Tsujimoto Y, et al. Gelsolin inhibits apoptosis by blocking mitochondrial membrane potential loss and cytochrome c release. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15343-9 pubmed..In addition we confirmed that gelsolin, besides its localization in the cytosol, is also present in the mitochondrial fraction of cells. Gelsolin thus acts on an early step in the apoptotic signaling at the level of mitochondria. ..
- Yamamoto T, Imoto S, Sekine Y, Sugiyama K, Akimoto T, Muraguchi A, et al. Involvement of NF-kappaB in TGF-beta-mediated suppression of IL-4 signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:627-34 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of NF-kappaB resulted in a resistance to TGF-beta-mediated suppression of IL-4 signaling. These results indicate that TGF-beta-mediated regulation of IL-4 signaling may act by targeting NF-kappaB signaling. ..
- Ishikura H, Ikeda H, Abe H, Ohkuri T, Hiraga H, Isu K, et al. Identification of CLUAP1 as a human osteosarcoma tumor-associated antigen recognized by the humoral immune system. Int J Oncol. 2007;30:461-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that CLUAP1 may be useful as a prognostic/diagnostic marker and/or for a target of immunotherapy of osteosarcoma. ..
- Takahasi K, Kumeta H, Tsuduki N, Narita R, Shigemoto T, Hirai R, et al. Solution structures of cytosolic RNA sensor MDA5 and LGP2 C-terminal domains: identification of the RNA recognition loop in RIG-I-like receptors. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:17465-74 pubmed publisher..Mutation study of the basic surface and the RNA binding loop supports the conclusion from the structure studies. Thus, the CTD is responsible for the binding affinity to the viral RNAs. ..
- Ishitsuka T, Ikuta T, Ariga H, Matsumoto K. Serum tenascin-X strongly binds to vascular endothelial growth factor. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:1004-11 pubmed..These results suggest that sTNX possesses weak activity for proliferation of endothelial cells. ..
- Ogiwara K, Fujimori C, Rajapakse S, Takahashi T. Characterization of luteinizing hormone and luteinizing hormone receptor and their indispensable role in the ovulatory process of the medaka. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54482 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Lh/Lhcgrbb is critically involved in the induction of oocyte maturation and ovulation. ..
- Kawakami A, Yoshida M. Molecular characterization of sucrose:sucrose 1-fructosyltransferase and sucrose:fructan 6-fructosyltransferase associated with fructan accumulation in winter wheat during cold hardening. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66:2297-305 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that Wft1 and Wft2 were important in fructan accumulation during cold hardening of winter wheat...
- Okuyama H, Orikasa Y, Nishida T, Watanabe K, Morita N. Bacterial genes responsible for the biosynthesis of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids and their heterologous expression. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:665-70 pubmed