Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Topic: protein transport
- Kong F, Li Y, Abe J, Liu B, Schaller F, Piotrowski M, et al. Expression of allene oxide cyclase from Pharbitis nil upon theobroxide treatment. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1007-13 pubmed..All these results indicate that AOC is the primary target of theobroxide regulation and suggest that feedback regulation of PnAOC by JA occurs upon theobroxide treatment in Pharbitis nil. ..
- Hatakeyama M. Linking epithelial polarity and carcinogenesis by multitasking Helicobacter pylori virulence factor CagA. Oncogene. 2008;27:7047-54 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that loss of cell polarity underlies the abnormal proliferation of epithelial cells that directs carcinogenesis. ..
- Saitoh M, Kurashige Y, Yamazaki M, Nishimura M, Nakamura S, Noro D, et al. Increased expression of beta-defensin-2 and -3 during the development of autoimmune sialoadenitis in MRL/lpr mice. Med Mol Morphol. 2007;40:157-62 pubmed..In the center of the foci of lymphatic infiltration, ductal staining was faint or often not present. The results indicate that BD-2 and -3 may be upregulated during the development of autoimmune sialoadenitis. ..
- Iwaki S, Sano T, Takagi T, Osumi M, Kihara A, Igarashi Y. Intracellular trafficking pathway of yeast long-chain base kinase Lcb4, from its synthesis to its degradation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28485-92 pubmed..The protein transport pathway from the PM to the ER found in this study has not been previously reported. We speculate that this novel pathway is mediated by the PM-ER contact. ..
- Matsuda S, Takano S, Sato M, Furukawa K, Nagasawa H, Yoshikawa S, et al. Rice Stomatal Closure Requires Guard Cell Plasma Membrane ATP-Binding Cassette Transporter RCN1/OsABCG5. Mol Plant. 2016;9:417-427 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that in response to drought stress, RCN1/OsABCG5 is involved in accumulation of ABA in guard cells, which is indispensable for stomatal closure. ..
- Khalil I, Kogure K, Futaki S, Harashima H. High density of octaarginine stimulates macropinocytosis leading to efficient intracellular trafficking for gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3544-51 pubmed..These results show that the density of the R8 peptide on liposomes determines the uptake mechanism and that this is directly linked to intracellular trafficking, resulting in different levels of gene expression. ..
- Niikura K, Matsunaga T, Suzuki T, Kobayashi S, Yamaguchi H, Orba Y, et al. Gold nanoparticles as a vaccine platform: influence of size and shape on immunological responses in vitro and in vivo. ACS Nano. 2013;7:3926-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that AuNPs are effective vaccine adjuvants and enhance the immune response via different cytokine pathways depending on their sizes and shapes. ..
- Kim T, Mitsutake S, Igarashi Y. The interaction between the pleckstrin homology domain of ceramide kinase and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate regulates the plasma membrane targeting and ceramide 1-phosphate levels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:611-7 pubmed..The study presented here provides insight into the crucial role of the CERK-PH domain in plasma membrane targeting, through its binding to PI(4,5)P(2), and subsequent induction of C1P production in the vicinity of the membrane. ..
- Funami K, Sasai M, Ohba Y, Oshiumi H, Seya T, Matsumoto M. Spatiotemporal mobilization of Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor molecule-1 in response to dsRNA. J Immunol. 2007;179:6867-72 pubmed..Thus, the spatiotemporal mobilization of TICAM-1 in response to dsRNA and the formation of the TICAM-1 speckles containing RIP1 and NAP1 are important for the activation of the TLR3-TICAM-1 pathway. ..
- Makita N, Mochizuki N, Tsutsui H. Absence of a trafficking defect in R1232W/T1620M, a double SCN5A mutant responsible for Brugada syndrome. Circ J. 2008;72:1018-9 pubmed..It is unlikely that an intragenic interaction between R1232W and T1620M of SCN5A causes a trafficking defect leading to a non-functioning Na channel. ..
- Shimizu K, Yoshimatsu K, Koma T, Yasuda S, Arikawa J. Role of nucleocapsid protein of hantaviruses in intracellular traffic of viral glycoproteins. Virus Res. 2013;178:349-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, the effect of coexpression of HTNV NP was weakened. These results suggest that HTNV NP has a role to promote Golgi localization of Gc through a mechanism possibly mediated by the Gc cytoplasmic tail. ..
- Kim M, Sasaki K, Imai R. Cold shock domain protein 3 regulates freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23454-60 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of AtCSP3 in transgenic plants conferred enhanced freezing tolerance over wild-type plants. Together, the data demonstrated an essential role of RNA chaperones for cold adaptation in higher plants. ..
- Kawano T, Araseki M, Araki Y, Kinjo M, Yamamoto T, Suzuki T. A small peptide sequence is sufficient for initiating kinesin-1 activation through part of TPR region of KLC1. Traffic. 2012;13:834-48 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that structurally different TPR-interacting peptides may have different effects on kinesin-1. This mechanism may partly explain how kinesin-1 can organize the transport of a wide variety of cargo molecules. ..
- Yanagisawa K, Yasuda S, Kai M, Imai S, Yamada K, Yamashita T, et al. Diacylglycerol kinase alpha suppresses tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced apoptosis of human melanoma cells through NF-kappaB activation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:462-74 pubmed..Together, these results strongly suggest that DGKalpha is a novel positive regulator of NF-kappaB, which suppresses TNF-alpha-induced melanoma cell apoptosis. ..
- Matsubara S, Takahashi T, Kimura A. Localization and subcellular distribution of prolyl oligopeptidase in the mouse placenta. J Mol Histol. 2011;42:251-64 pubmed publisher..5. Interestingly, the cytoplasmic POP exhibited higher enzymatic activity than the membrane-associated type. These data suggest that the cytoplasmic and membrane-associated POP have distinct roles in different types of placental cells. ..
- Yamaguchi S, Ishikawa T. AHCYL2 (long-IRBIT) as a potential regulator of the electrogenic Na(+)-HCO3(-) cotransporter NBCe1-B. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:672-7 pubmed publisher..Our data unveil AHCYL2 as a potential regulator of NBCe1-B in mammalian cells. We propose that cytosolic ionic condition appropriate for AHCYL2 to function might be different from IRBIT. ..
- Lu J, Takahashi T, Ohoka A, Nakajima K, Hashimoto R, Miura N, et al. Alg14 organizes the formation of a multiglycosyltransferase complex involved in initiation of lipid-linked oligosaccharide biosynthesis. Glycobiology. 2012;22:504-16 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the N- and C-termini of Alg14 coordinate recruitment of catalytic Alg7 and Alg13 to the ER membrane for initiating LLO biosynthesis. ..
- Fujimura Kamada K, Hirai T, Tanaka K. Essential role of the NH2-terminal region of Cdc24 guanine nucleotide exchange factor in its initial polarized localization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:2-15 pubmed publisher..We propose that the NH2-terminal region unmasks the DH and PB1 domains, leading to the activation of Cdc42 and interaction with Bem1, respectively, to initiate cell polarization. ..
- Takeuchi J, Tamura T. Recombinant ATPases of the yeast 26S proteasome activate protein degradation by the 20S proteasome. FEBS Lett. 2004;565:39-42 pubmed..Our finding, production of a functional subunit of the 19S regulatory particle in bacteria, is a simpler and technically advanced system to functionally characterize individual subunits. ..
- Takano N, Kimura A, Takahashi T. Two distinct localization patterns of testis-specific serine protease 1 (TESSP1) in the seminiferous tubules of the mouse testis. Zoolog Sci. 2009;26:294-300 pubmed..The expression of TESSP1 in both germ cells and somatic cells and alteration in its cellular localization in the germ cells during spermatogenesis indicate that it may have a unique role in the testis...
- Inoda S, Hirohashi Y, Torigoe T, Nakatsugawa M, Kiriyama K, Nakazawa E, et al. Cep55/c10orf3, a tumor antigen derived from a centrosome residing protein in breast carcinoma. J Immunother. 2009;32:474-85 pubmed publisher..Monoclonal antibody # 11-55 and the Cep55/c10orf3_193(10) peptides may be useful as part of a therapeutic strategy for hormonal therapy or anti-p185 HER2/neu monoclonal antibody therapy-resistant breast carcinoma patients. ..
- Kato Y, Ogiwara K, Fujimori C, Kimura A, Takahashi T. Expression and localization of collagen type IV alpha1 chain in medaka ovary. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;340:595-605 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that, in the medaka ovary, collagen type IV is synthesized by theca cells and is localized in the basement membrane...
- Yamaguchi M, Noda N, Nakatogawa H, Kumeta H, Ohsumi Y, Inagaki F. Autophagy-related protein 8 (Atg8) family interacting motif in Atg3 mediates the Atg3-Atg8 interaction and is crucial for the cytoplasm-to-vacuole targeting pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29599-607 pubmed publisher..Atg3 AIM attenuated the inhibitory effect of Atg19 on Atg8 lipidation in vitro, suggesting that Atg3 AIM may be important for the lipidation of Atg19-bound Atg8 during the Cvt pathway. ..
- Otsu W, Kurooka T, Otsuka Y, Sato K, Inaba M. A new class of endoplasmic reticulum export signal PhiXPhiXPhi for transmembrane proteins and its selective interaction with Sec24C. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:18521-32 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the ?X?X? sequence functions as a novel signal motif for the ER export of cargo proteins through an exclusive interaction with Sec24C. ..
- Maruyama S, Miyajima N, Bohgaki M, Tsukiyama T, Shigemura M, Nonomura K, et al. Ubiquitylation of epsilon-COP by PIRH2 and regulation of the secretion of PSA. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;307:73-82 pubmed..Our results indicate that PIRH2 functions as a regulator for COP I complex. ..
- Okumura F, Okumura A, Matsumoto M, Nakayama K, Hatakeyama S. TRIM8 regulates Nanog via Hsp90?-mediated nuclear translocation of STAT3 in embryonic stem cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:1784-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TRIM8 modulates translocation of phosphorylated STAT3 into the nucleus through interaction with Hsp90? and consequently regulates transcription of Nanog in embryonic stem cells. ..
- Kobayashi K, Oyama S, Numata A, Rahman M, Kumura H. Lipopolysaccharide disrupts the milk-blood barrier by modulating claudins in mammary alveolar tight junctions. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62187 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the weakening and disruption of the blood-milk barrier are caused by compositional changes of claudins in alveolar epithelial TJs through LPS/TLR4 signaling...
- Takano J, Tanaka M, Toyoda A, Miwa K, Kasai K, Fuji K, et al. Polar localization and degradation of Arabidopsis boron transporters through distinct trafficking pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5220-5 pubmed publisher..The present study of BOR1 and NIP5;1 demonstrates the importance of selective endocytic trafficking in polar localization and degradation of plant nutrient transporters for radial transport and homeostasis of plant mineral nutrients. ..
- Okuya K, Tamura Y, Saito K, Kutomi G, Torigoe T, Hirata K, et al. Spatiotemporal regulation of heat shock protein 90-chaperoned self-DNA and CpG-oligodeoxynucleotide for type I IFN induction via targeting to static early endosome. J Immunol. 2010;184:7092-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, extracellular Hsp90 converts inert self-DNA/CpG-ODNs into a potent trigger of IFN-alpha production via spatiotemporal regulation. ..
- Furusawa M, Ohnishi T, Taira T, Iguchi Ariga S, Ariga H. AMY-1, a c-Myc-binding protein, is localized in the mitochondria of sperm by association with S-AKAP84, an anchor protein of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36647-51 pubmed..These results suggest that AMY-1 plays a role in spermatogenesis. ..
- Sasai M, Tatematsu M, Oshiumi H, Funami K, Matsumoto M, Hatakeyama S, et al. Direct binding of TRAF2 and TRAF6 to TICAM-1/TRIF adaptor participates in activation of the Toll-like receptor 3/4 pathway. Mol Immunol. 2010;47:1283-91 pubmed publisher..TRAF2/6 may participate in TICAM-1-mediated IFN-beta induction besides TRAF3. ..
- Ishibashi Y, Maita H, Yano M, Koike N, Tamai K, Ariga H, et al. Pim-1 translocates sorting nexin 6/TRAF4-associated factor 2 from cytoplasm to nucleus. FEBS Lett. 2001;506:33-8 pubmed
- Hiromura M, Okada F, Obata T, Auguin D, Shibata T, Roumestand C, et al. Inhibition of Akt kinase activity by a peptide spanning the betaA strand of the proto-oncogene TCL1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53407-18 pubmed..This observation will facilitate the design of specific inhibitors for Akt, a core intracellular survival factor underlying various human neoplastic diseases. ..
- Kitamei H, Iwabuchi K, Namba K, Yoshida K, Yanagawa Y, Kitaichi N, et al. Amelioration of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis (EAU) with an inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB), pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;79:1193-201 pubmed..Regulation of NF-kappaB pathway in the lesion could be a novel target for the successful control of uveoretinitis...
- Narumi K, Furugen A, Kobayashi M, Otake S, Itagaki S, Iseki K. Regulation of monocarboxylate transporter 1 in skeletal muscle cells by intracellular signaling pathways. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1568-73 pubmed..These results indicate the possible involvement of a PKC- and PKA-mediated pathway associated with expression of MCT1 and lactate transport. ..
- Nagaya H, Wada I, Jia Y, Kanoh H. Diacylglycerol kinase delta suppresses ER-to-Golgi traffic via its SAM and PH domains. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:302-16 pubmed..These findings indicate that DGKdelta negatively regulates ER-to-Golgi traffic by selectively inhibiting the formation of ER export sites without significantly affecting retrograde transport...
- Kutomi G, Tamura Y, Okuya K, Yamamoto T, Hirohashi Y, Kamiguchi K, et al. Targeting to static endosome is required for efficient cross-presentation of endoplasmic reticulum-resident oxygen-regulated protein 150-peptide complexes. J Immunol. 2009;183:5861-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that targeting of the Ag to a "static" early endosme by ORP150 is required for the efficient cross-presentation...
- Kawakami K, Hayashi A, Nakayama J, Murakami Y. A novel RNAi protein, Dsh1, assembles RNAi machinery on chromatin to amplify heterochromatic siRNA. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1811-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Dsh1 assembles the RNAi machinery on heterochromatin and forms a perinuclear compartment for amplification of heterochromatic siRNA. ..
- Oura J, Tamura Y, Kamiguchi K, Kutomi G, Sahara H, Torigoe T, et al. Extracellular heat shock protein 90 plays a role in translocating chaperoned antigen from endosome to proteasome for generating antigenic peptide to be cross-presented by dendritic cells. Int Immunol. 2011;23:223-37 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that extracellular Hsp90 might be essential for the translocation of chaperoned antigens from the extracellular milieu into cytosol, resulting in proteasomal degradation for cross-presentation. ..
- Sagawa N, Fujita H, Banno Y, Nozawa Y, Katoh H, Kuzumaki N. Gelsolin suppresses tumorigenicity through inhibiting PKC activation in a human lung cancer cell line, PC10. Br J Cancer. 2003;88:606-12 pubmed..These results suggest that gelsolin suppressed the activation of PKCs involved in phospholipid signalling pathways, inhibiting cell proliferation and tumorigenicity. ..
- Tsuda M, Makino Y, Iwahara T, Nishihara H, Sawa H, Nagashima K, et al. Crk associates with ERM proteins and promotes cell motility toward hyaluronic acid. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46843-50 pubmed..These results suggest that Crk may be involved in regulation of cell motility by a hyaluronic acid-dependent mechanism through an association with ERMs. ..
- Murahashi H, Azuma H, Zamzami N, Furuya K, Ikebuchi K, Yamaguchi M, et al. Possible contribution of apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) and reactive oxygen species (ROS) to UVB-induced caspase-independent cell death in the T cell line Jurkat. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:399-406 pubmed..In addition, reactive oxygen species generated by UVB might be involved in inducing the mitochondrio-nuclear translocation of AIF. ..
- Nishiya T, Kajita E, Horinouchi T, Nishimoto A, Miwa S. Distinct roles of TIR and non-TIR regions in the subcellular localization and signaling properties of MyD88. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3223-9 pubmed..These findings reveal distinct roles for the TIR and non-TIR regions in the subcellular localization and signaling properties of MyD88. ..
- Yoneda R, Kimura A. A testis-specific serine protease, Prss41/Tessp-1, is necessary for the progression of meiosis during murine in vitro spermatogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:120-5 pubmed publisher..Together with our previous study, the current results suggest that the Prss/Tessp proteases are important for the progression of meiosis at each stage. ..
- Kihara A, Kurotsu F, Sano T, Iwaki S, Igarashi Y. Long-chain base kinase Lcb4 Is anchored to the membrane through its palmitoylation by Akr1. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9189-97 pubmed..We demonstrated that Akr2 is an unstable protein and is degraded in the vacuole. Akr2 exhibits high affinity for Lcb4, and in Akr2-overproducing cells this interaction caused unusual delivery of Lcb4 to the vacuole and degradation. ..
- Iwai T, Yoshii A, Yokota T, Sakai C, Hori H, Kanamori A, et al. Structural components of the synaptonemal complex, SYCP1 and SYCP3, in the medaka fish Oryzias latipes. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2528-37 pubmed publisher..Since the antibody against medaka SYCP3 is cross-reactive to other fishes, it should be generally useful for a meiosis-specific marker in fish germ cells...
- Nakazawa S, Gotoh N, Matsumoto H, Murayama C, Suzuki T, Yamamoto T. Expression of sorting nexin 18 (SNX18) is dynamically regulated in developing spinal motor neurons. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:202-13 pubmed publisher..These findings collectively suggest that SNX18 may play an active role in axonal elongation. ..
- Noguchi K, Okumura F, Takahashi N, Kataoka A, Kamiyama T, Todo S, et al. TRIM40 promotes neddylation of IKK? and is downregulated in gastrointestinal cancers. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:995-1004 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TRIM40 inhibits NF-?B activity via neddylation of inhibitor of nuclear factor kappaB kinase subunit gamma and that TRIM40 prevents inflammation-associated carcinogenesis in the gastrointestinal tract. ..