Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Publications441 found, 100 shown here
- Kuriyama T, Fujinaga M, Koda T, Nishihira J. Cloning of the mouse gene for D-dopachrome tautomerase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1388:506-12 pubmed
- Yasui H, Adachi M, Imai K. Combination of tumor necrosis factor-alpha with sulindac augments its apoptotic potential and suppresses tumor growth of human carcinoma cells in nude mice. Cancer. 2003;97:1412-20 pubmed..Therefore, in combination with sulindac, TNF-alpha may become a potentially useful anticancer agent to suppress tumor growth in a wide range of carcinomas. ..
- Butler M, Honma S, Fukumoto T, Kawamoto T, Fujimoto K, Noshiro M, et al. Dec1 and Dec2 expression is disrupted in the suprachiasmatic nuclei of Clock mutant mice. J Biol Rhythms. 2004;19:126-34 pubmed..A robust attenuation of the Dec1 and Dec2 signals in Clock mutant mice was detected in all brain areas examined. These data point to up-regulation of Dec1 and Dec2 by Clock in vivo. ..
- Qi X, Hosoi T, Okuma Y, Kaneko M, Nomura Y. Sodium 4-phenylbutyrate protects against cerebral ischemic injury. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;66:899-908 pubmed..Therefore, the multiple actions of 4-PBA may provide a strong effect in treatment of cerebral ischemia, and its use as a chemical chaperone would provide a novel approach for the treatment of stroke. ..
- Takebe K, Nio J, Morimatsu M, Karaki S, Kuwahara A, Kato I, et al. Histochemical demonstration of a Na(+)-coupled transporter for short-chain fatty acids (slc5a8) in the intestine and kidney of the mouse. Biomed Res. 2005;26:213-21 pubmed..These findings on the cellular and subcellular localization of Slc5a8 under normal conditions are helpful for understanding the physiological and pathological roles of Slc5a8. ..
- Sawada T, Miyoshi H, Shimada K, Suzuki A, Okamatsu Ogura Y, Perfield J, et al. Perilipin overexpression in white adipose tissue induces a brown fat-like phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14006 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that modulation of lipid droplet proteins in white adipocytes is a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of obesity and its related disorders. ..
- Saito F, Kajii T, Sugawara Kato Y, Tsukamoto Y, Arai Y, Hirabayashi Y, et al. Morphological evaluation of cranial and maxillary shape differences of the brachymorphic mouse with spontaneous malocclusion using three-dimensional micro-computed tomography. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2011;14:100-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine whether significant cranial and maxillary deformity exists in BALB/c-bm/bm (brachymorphism) mouse with spontaneous malocclusion using three-dimensional (3D) images...
- Kotani T, Yasuda K, Ota R, Yamashita M. Cyclin B1 mRNA translation is temporally controlled through formation and disassembly of RNA granules. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:1041-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that RNA granule formation is critical for the regulation of timing of translational activation. ..
- Sun B, Sun J, Han X, Liu H, Li J, Du J, et al. Immunolocalization of MMP 2, 9 and 13 in prednisolone induced osteoporosis in mice. Histol Histopathol. 2016;31:647-56 pubmed publisher..Therefore, MMPs might be new potential therapeutic targets for prevention and treatment of glucocorticoid induced osteoporosis, especially osteocytic osteolysis. ..
- Kasahara M, Hayashi M, Yoshida M, Nadeau J, Fujimoto S, Ishibashi T. Mapping of acidic epididymal glycoprotein (Aeg) genes to mouse chromosome 17. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:52-4 pubmed
- Fukushima N, Ishii I, Habara Y, Allen C, Chun J. Dual regulation of actin rearrangement through lysophosphatidic acid receptor in neuroblast cell lines: actin depolymerization by Ca(2+)-alpha-actinin and polymerization by rho. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2692-705 pubmed..This dual actin rearrangement may play a novel, important role in regulation of the neuronal morphology and motility during brain development. ..
- Uemura S, Kabayama K, Noguchi M, Igarashi Y, Inokuchi J. Sialylation and sulfation of lactosylceramide distinctly regulate anchorage-independent growth, apoptosis, and gene expression in 3LL Lewis lung carcinoma cells. Glycobiology. 2003;13:207-16 pubmed..Thus, endogenously produced GM3 and SM3 differentially and distinctly regulate tumor-progression ability, that is, GM3 leads the transformed phenotype of J5 cells to promotion and SM3 to abrogation...
- Suzuki H, Shimada T, Terashima M, Tsuchiya K, Aplin K. Temporal, spatial, and ecological modes of evolution of Eurasian Mus based on mitochondrial and nuclear gene sequences. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2004;33:626-46 pubmed..The temporal pattern of evolution among Eurasian Mus is more complex than that within the Eurasian temperate genus Apodemus. ..
- Matsuda K, Shibata T, Sakoda Y, Kida H, Kimura T, Ochiai K, et al. In vitro demonstration of neural transmission of avian influenza A virus. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:1131-9 pubmed
- Nishiya T, Kajita E, Miwa S. Ligand-independent oligomerization of TLR4 regulated by a short hydrophobic region adjacent to the transmembrane domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:1128-34 pubmed..These results suggest that the HR may play a critical role in the functional oligomerization of TLR4. ..
- Ohta H, Adachi H, Inaba M. Developmental changes in the expression of tight junction protein claudins in murine metanephroi and embryonic kidneys. J Vet Med Sci. 2006;68:149-55 pubmed
- Osanai M, Murata M, Nishikiori N, Chiba H, Kojima T, Sawada N. Occludin-mediated premature senescence is a fail-safe mechanism against tumorigenesis in breast carcinoma cells. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1027-34 pubmed..These findings suggest that the loss of occludin expression is at least partially involved in the senescence-escape program during mammary tumorigenesis. ..
- Wakao H, Kawamoto H, Sakata S, Inoue K, Ogura A, Wakao R, et al. A novel mouse model for invariant NKT cell study. J Immunol. 2007;179:3888-95 pubmed..These mice will be useful for the study on the development of iNKT cells as well as on their functions in the immune system. ..
- Saitoh M, Kurashige Y, Yamazaki M, Nishimura M, Nakamura S, Noro D, et al. Increased expression of beta-defensin-2 and -3 during the development of autoimmune sialoadenitis in MRL/lpr mice. Med Mol Morphol. 2007;40:157-62 pubmed..In the center of the foci of lymphatic infiltration, ductal staining was faint or often not present. The results indicate that BD-2 and -3 may be upregulated during the development of autoimmune sialoadenitis. ..
- Fujii H, Nishioka H, Wakame K, Magnuson B, Roberts A. Acute, subchronic and genotoxicity studies conducted with Oligonol, an oligomerized polyphenol formulated from lychee and green tea extracts. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46:3553-62 pubmed publisher..The results from these safety studies and previous reports support the safety of Oligonol for human consumption. ..
- Matsuda K, Ohga N, Hida Y, Muraki C, Tsuchiya K, Kurosu T, et al. Isolated tumor endothelial cells maintain specific character during long-term culture. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:947-54 pubmed publisher..Cultured TECs maintain distinct biological differences from NECs as in vivo. In conclusion, it was suggested that TECs are relevant material for tumor angiogenesis research. ..
- Kobayashi T, Onodera S, Kondo E, Tohyama H, Fujiki H, Yokoyama A, et al. Impaired fracture healing in macrophage migration inhibitory factor-deficient mice. Osteoporos Int. 2011;22:1955-65 pubmed publisher..Fracture healing was delayed in MIF KO, and this was mainly due to the delay in the mineralization of osteoid within the fracture callus...
- Kurotaki D, Kon S, Bae K, Ito K, Matsui Y, Nakayama Y, et al. CSF-1-dependent red pulp macrophages regulate CD4 T cell responses. J Immunol. 2011;186:2229-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that splenic CSF-1-dependent F4/80(hi)Mac-1(low) M?s are a subpopulation of RPMs and regulate peripheral immune homeostasis. ..
- Kibria G, Hatakeyama H, Harashima H. A new peptide motif present in the protective antigen of anthrax toxin exerts its efficiency on the cellular uptake of liposomes and applications for a dual-ligand system. Int J Pharm. 2011;412:106-14 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that two CPP ligands act in a synergistic fashion; therefore the dual-CPP ligand based liposomal formulation can be assumed to be an effective delivery system. ..
- Ichihashi T, Yoshida R, Sugimoto C, Takada A, Kajino K. Cross-protective peptide vaccine against influenza A viruses developed in HLA-A*2402 human immunity model. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24626 pubmed publisher..Furthermore this vaccine strategy can be applicable to the development of all intracellular pathogens vaccines to induce epitope-specific CTL that effectively eliminate infected cells. ..
- Tajima M, Wakita D, Satoh T, Kitamura H, Nishimura T. IL-17/IFN-? double producing CD8+ T (Tc17/IFN-?) cells: a novel cytotoxic T-cell subset converted from Tc17 cells by IL-12. Int Immunol. 2011;23:751-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, we first indicate direct evidence that Tc17/IFN-? cells, which were plastically converted from non-cytotoxic Tc17 cells by IL-12, exhibited strong anti-tumor activity as well as Tc17 cell-derived Tc1-like cells. ..
- Saadat M, Nomoto K, Mizuno Y, Kikuchi K, Yoshida M. Assignment of the gene encoding type 1 gamma protein phosphatase catalytic subunit (PPP1CC) on human, rat, and mouse chromosomes. Jpn J Hum Genet. 1996;41:159-65 pubmed..These data and mapping data about other members of PP1 family show that in spite of the high identity of PP1 isoforms, each isoform is encoded by different genes which located on different chromosomes in human, rat, and mouse. ..
- Ohta M, Sakai T, Saga Y, Aizawa S, Saito M. Suppression of hematopoietic activity in tenascin-C-deficient mice. Blood. 1998;91:4074-83 pubmed..Thus, these results provide direct evidence that an ECM glycoprotein component, TN-C, plays a relevant role in hematopoiesis through interactions between stromal cells and hematopoietic progenitor cells. ..
- Nakamura K, Shima H, Watanabe M, Haneji T, Kikuchi K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel dual-specificity protein phosphatase possibly involved in spermatogenesis. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 3:819-25 pubmed..These data demonstrate that TMDP is a novel DSP abundantly expressed in the testis and suggest that TMDP may be involved in the regulation of meiosis and/or differentiation of testicular germ cells during spermatogenesis. ..
- Sato M, Sano H, Iwaki D, Kudo K, Konishi M, Takahashi H, et al. Direct binding of Toll-like receptor 2 to zymosan, and zymosan-induced NF-kappa B activation and TNF-alpha secretion are down-regulated by lung collectin surfactant protein A. J Immunol. 2003;171:417-25 pubmed..This study supports an important role of SP-A in controlling pulmonary inflammation caused by microbial pathogens. ..
- Kariya Y, Kihara A, Ikeda M, Kikuchi F, Nakamura S, Hashimoto S, et al. Products by the sphingosine kinase/sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) lyase pathway but not S1P stimulate mitogenesis. Genes Cells. 2005;10:605-15 pubmed..Moreover, nM concentrations of sphingosine (or dihydrosphingosine) stimulated DNA synthesis in an SPL-dependent manner. These results indicate that products by the SPL pathway, not S1P itself, function in mitogenesis. ..
- Miyazaki M, Yamazaki H, Takeuchi H, Saoo K, Yokohira M, Masumura K, et al. Mechanisms of chemopreventive effects of 8-methoxypsoralen against 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone-induced mouse lung adenomas. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1947-55 pubmed..Based on these lines of evidence, we propose that 8-methoxypsoralen inhibits the CYP2A5-mediated metabolic activation of NNK in the mouse lung, leading to the prevention of NNK-induced adenoma. ..
- Yimin -, Kohanawa M. A regulatory effect of the balance between TNF-alpha and IL-6 in the granulomatous and inflammatory response to Rhodococcus aurantiacus infection in mice. J Immunol. 2006;177:642-50 pubmed..The balance between TNF-alpha and IL-6 during the early phase of infection controls the development of the inflammatory response to R. aurantiacus infection. ..
- Shin J, Sakoda Y, Kim J, Tanaka T, Kida H, Kimura T, et al. Efficacy of intracerebral immunization against pseudorabies virus in mice. Microbiol Immunol. 2006;50:823-30 pubmed..In mouse models, IC immunization is more effective at inducing a protective immune response against the transneural spread of PRV than SC immunization. ..
- Yanagawa Y, Onoe K. Enhanced IL-10 production by TLR4- and TLR2-primed dendritic cells upon TLR restimulation. J Immunol. 2007;178:6173-80 pubmed..The enhanced IL-10 production by the TLR4,2-primed DCs may be attributed to the altered balance of intracellular signaling pathways via p38 MAPK, ERK1/2, and TNFR-associated factor 3 upon TLR restimulation. ..
- Ochiai H, Fujimuro M, Yokosawa H, Harashima H, Kamiya H. Transient activation of transgene expression by hydrodynamics-based injection may cause rapid decrease in plasmid DNA expression. Gene Ther. 2007;14:1152-9 pubmed..Instead, our data suggest that the transgene expression is activated by the hydrodynamics-based injection manipulation, and that the return from the activated status causes the silencing. ..
- Sasaki M, Abe R, Fujita Y, Ando S, Inokuma D, Shimizu H. Mesenchymal stem cells are recruited into wounded skin and contribute to wound repair by transdifferentiation into multiple skin cell type. J Immunol. 2008;180:2581-7 pubmed..Taken together, we have demonstrated that MSCs contribute to wound repair via processes involving MSCs differentiation various cell components of the skin. ..
- Hatakeyama H, Ito E, Akita H, Oishi M, Nagasaki Y, Futaki S, et al. A pH-sensitive fusogenic peptide facilitates endosomal escape and greatly enhances the gene silencing of siRNA-containing nanoparticles in vitro and in vivo. J Control Release. 2009;139:127-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, data demonstrate that introduction of both of a pH-sensitive fusogenic GALA peptide and PPD into the MEND facilitates nanoparticle endosomal escape, thereby enhancing the efficiency of siRNA delivery and gene silencing. ..
- Konishi H, Okuda A, Ohno Y, Kihara A. Characterization of HACD1 K64Q mutant found in arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia patients. J Biochem. 2010;148:617-22 pubmed publisher..This finding indicates that the enzymes responsible for the VLCFA elongation cycle form an elongase complex. ..
- Fujikura D, Chiba S, Muramatsu D, Kazumata M, Nakayama Y, Kawai T, et al. Type-I interferon is critical for FasL expression on lung cells to determine the severity of influenza. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55321 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that expression of FasL protein induced by type-I IFN on the lung cell surface is critical to determine the severity of influenza. ..
- Suzuki T, Okada Y, Semba S, Orba Y, Yamanouchi S, Endo S, et al. Identification of FEZ1 as a protein that interacts with JC virus agnoprotein and microtubules: role of agnoprotein-induced dissociation of FEZ1 from microtubules in viral propagation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24948-56 pubmed..These results suggest that FEZ1 promotes neurite extension through its interaction with microtubules, and that agnoprotein facilitates JCV propagation by inducing the dissociation of FEZ1 from microtubules. ..
- Kihara A, Anada Y, Igarashi Y. Mouse sphingosine kinase isoforms SPHK1a and SPHK1b differ in enzymatic traits including stability, localization, modification, and oligomerization. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4532-9 pubmed..Thus, although these two proteins differ only in a few N-terminal amino acid residues, their enzymatic traits are extremely different. ..
- Mizutani Y, Kihara A, Igarashi Y. LASS3 (longevity assurance homologue 3) is a mainly testis-specific (dihydro)ceramide synthase with relatively broad substrate specificity. Biochem J. 2006;398:531-8 pubmed..We also found that, except for a weak display in skin, LASS3 mRNA expression is limited almost solely to testis, implying that LASS3 plays an important role in this gland. ..
- Ichii O, Konno A, Sasaki N, Endoh D, Hashimoto Y, Kon Y. Onset of autoimmune glomerulonephritis derived from the telomeric region of MRL-chromosome 1 is associated with the male sex hormone in mice. Lupus. 2009;18:491-500 pubmed publisher..MRLc1(82-100), was significantly higher in GG males than in SG males. These results suggested that the differences in the pathogenesis of AGN are primarily because of the inhibitory roles of the male sex hormones. ..
- Takebe K, Takahashi Iwanaga H, Iwanaga T. Intensified expressions of a monocarboxylate transporter in consistently renewing tissues of the mouse. Biomed Res. 2011;32:293-301 pubmed..These findings support the idea that monocarboxylates are favorite energy sources in self-renewing tissues. ..
- Chiba S, Baghdadi M, Akiba H, Yoshiyama H, Kinoshita I, Dosaka Akita H, et al. Tumor-infiltrating DCs suppress nucleic acid-mediated innate immune responses through interactions between the receptor TIM-3 and the alarmin HMGB1. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:832-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a mechanism whereby tumor microenvironments suppress antitumor immunity mediated by nucleic acids. ..
- Niikura K, Matsunaga T, Suzuki T, Kobayashi S, Yamaguchi H, Orba Y, et al. Gold nanoparticles as a vaccine platform: influence of size and shape on immunological responses in vitro and in vivo. ACS Nano. 2013;7:3926-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that AuNPs are effective vaccine adjuvants and enhance the immune response via different cytokine pathways depending on their sizes and shapes. ..
- Noguchi M, Kitabatake A, Ishibashi T, Kasahara M. The MHC class I-like Zn-alpha 2-glycoprotein gene maps to mouse chromosome 5. Immunogenetics. 1995;42:72-4 pubmed
- Maekawa T, Takahashi T, Fujihara M, Urushibara N, Kadowaki Kikuchi E, Nishikawa M, et al. A novel gene (drad-1) expressed in hematopoiesis-supporting stromal cell lines, ST2, PA6 and A54 preadipocytes: use of mRNA differential display. Stem Cells. 1997;15:334-9 pubmed..Moreover, drad-1 was also found to be expressed in bone marrow in vivo. The function of the protein encoded by drad-1 is unknown, but the expression of the gene may be useful as a molecular marker of adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Takada A, Watanabe S, Okazaki K, Kida H, Kawaoka Y. Infectivity-enhancing antibodies to Ebola virus glycoprotein. J Virol. 2001;75:2324-30 pubmed..They also raise issues about the development of Ebola virus vaccines and the use of passive prophylaxis or therapy with Ebola virus GP antibodies. ..
- Ikeda H, Serria M, Kakizaki I, Hatayama I, Satoh K, Tsuchida S, et al. Activation of mouse Pi-class glutathione S-transferase gene by Nrf2(NF-E2-related factor 2) and androgen. Biochem J. 2002;364:563-70 pubmed..This suggests that multiple elements work synergistically as a strong androgen-responsive enhancer. Our findings indicate that Nrf2 and the androgen receptor directly bind to and activate the mouse GST-P1 gene. ..
- Shimizu T, Abe R, Nishihira J, Shibaki A, Watanabe H, Nakayama T, et al. Impaired contact hypersensitivity in macrophage migration inhibitory factor-deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1478-87 pubmed..005). Taken together, these results indicate that MIF is pivotal in the regulation of cutaneous immune responses and plays a central role in LC migration and T cell proliferation for the CHS response. ..
- Goto M, Fujimoto W, Nio J, Iwanaga T, Kawasaki T. Immunohistochemical demonstration of acidic mammalian chitinase in the mouse salivary gland and gastric mucosa. Arch Oral Biol. 2003;48:701-7 pubmed..At least in the mouse, AMCase is secreted into the saliva and gastric juice, and may function as a digestive enzyme or play a defensive role against chitinous pathogens. ..
- Shimada S, Iwabuchi K, Watano K, Shimizu H, Yamada H, Minakami H, et al. Expression of allograft inflammatory factor-1 in mouse uterus and poly(I:C)-induced fetal resorption. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2003;50:104-12 pubmed..The augmented expression of AIF-I with concomitant expressions of TNF-alpha and NOS2 mRNA in poly(I:C)-injected mice suggests a correlation between AIF-1 production and fetal resorption. ..
- Taira T, Saito Y, Niki T, Iguchi Ariga S, Takahashi K, Ariga H. DJ-1 has a role in antioxidative stress to prevent cell death. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:213-8 pubmed..These results clearly showed that DJ-1 has a role in the antioxidative stress reaction and that mutations of DJ-1 lead to cell death, which is observed in PD. ..
- Yamada T, Mitsuya K, Kayashima T, Yamasaki K, Ohta T, Yoshiura K, et al. Imprinting analysis of 10 genes and/or transcripts in a 1.5-Mb MEST-flanking region at human chromosome 7q32. Genomics. 2004;83:402-12 pubmed..Therefore, it is less likely that the MEST-flanking 7q32 region forms a large imprinted domain. ..
- Fujibe M, Chiba H, Kojima T, Soma T, Wada T, Yamashita T, et al. Thr203 of claudin-1, a putative phosphorylation site for MAP kinase, is required to promote the barrier function of tight junctions. Exp Cell Res. 2004;295:36-47 pubmed..These findings indicate that Thr203 of claudin-1 is required to enhance the barrier function of claudin-1-based tight junctions, probably via its phosphorylation and subsequent integration into tight junctions. ..
- Sawamura D, Abe R, Goto M, Akiyama M, Hemmi H, Akira S, et al. Direct injection of plasmid DNA into the skin induces dermatitis by activation of monocytes through toll-like receptor 9. J Gene Med. 2005;7:664-71 pubmed..We should therefore attempt to counteract this dermatitis during the clinical use of the naked DNA injection method in skin. ..
- Fujimuro M, Nishiya T, Nomura Y, Yokosawa H. Involvement of polyubiquitin chains via specific chain linkages in stress response in mammalian cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:2315-8 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that polyubiquitin chains formed via specific chain linkages are involved in the respective stress responses in mammalian cells. ..
- Goto M, Sawamura D, Ito K, Abe M, Nishie W, Sakai K, et al. Fibroblasts show more potential as target cells than keratinocytes in COL7A1 gene therapy of dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:766-72 pubmed..An ultrastructural study revealed that collagen VII from gene-transferred cells formed proper anchoring fibrils. These results suggest that fibroblasts may be a better gene therapy target of DEB treatment than keratinocytes. ..
- Kajita E, Nishiya T, Miwa S. The transmembrane domain directs TLR9 to intracellular compartments that contain TLR3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:578-84 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the TM domain of TLR9 is a critical regulatory element that targets TLR9 to its intracellular location. ..
- Tsuji K, Mitsutake S, Yokose U, Sugiura M, Kohama T, Igarashi Y. Role of ceramide kinase in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor beta-induced cell survival of mouse keratinocytes. FEBS J. 2008;275:3815-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that PPARbeta-mediated upregulation of CerK gene expression is necessary for keratinocyte survival against serum starvation-induced apoptosis. ..
- Takebe K, Nio Kobayashi J, Takahashi Iwanaga H, Iwanaga T. Histochemical demonstration of a monocarboxylate transporter in the mouse perineurium with special reference to GLUT1. Biomed Res. 2008;29:297-306 pubmed..These findings suggest that peripheral nerves depend on monocarboxylates as a major energy source and that MCT1 in the perineurium is responsible for the supply of monocarboxylates to nerve fibers and Schwann cells. ..
- Tsuchiya K, Hida K, Hida Y, Muraki C, Ohga N, Akino T, et al. Adrenomedullin antagonist suppresses tumor formation in renal cell carcinoma through inhibitory effects on tumor endothelial cells and endothelial progenitor mobilization. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1379-86 pubmed..These results suggest that AMA can be considered a good anti-angiogenic reagent that selectively targets TECs and EPC in renal cancer. ..
- Sato T, Okumura F, Kano S, Kondo T, Ariga T, Hatakeyama S. TRIM32 promotes neural differentiation through retinoic acid receptor-mediated transcription. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3492-502 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TRIM32 functions as one of the co-activators for RAR?-mediated transcription, and thereby TRIM32 is a potential therapeutic target for developmental disorders and RA-dependent leukemias. ..
- Morimoto J, Sato K, Nakayama Y, Kimura C, Kajino K, Matsui Y, et al. Osteopontin modulates the generation of memory CD8+ T cells during influenza virus infection. J Immunol. 2011;187:5671-83 pubmed publisher..This finding may provide new insight into the role of Opn in adaptive immune response. ..
- Kawano T, Araseki M, Araki Y, Kinjo M, Yamamoto T, Suzuki T. A small peptide sequence is sufficient for initiating kinesin-1 activation through part of TPR region of KLC1. Traffic. 2012;13:834-48 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that structurally different TPR-interacting peptides may have different effects on kinesin-1. This mechanism may partly explain how kinesin-1 can organize the transport of a wide variety of cargo molecules. ..
- Lahrita L, Hirosawa R, Kato E, Kawabata J. Isolation and lipolytic activity of eurycomanone and its epoxy derivative from Eurycoma longifolia. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4829-4834 pubmed publisher..With the growing need to develop new anti-obesity agents, eurycomanone and its epoxy derivate can be used as promising lead compounds to target lipid catabolism. ..
- Inobe M, Aoki N, Linsley P, Ledbetter J, Abe R, Murakami M, et al. The role of the B7-1a molecule, an alternatively spliced form of murine B7-1 (CD80), on T cell activation. J Immunol. 1996;157:582-8 pubmed..Therefore the IgV-like region of CD80 contains a critical region for functional interaction with its ligands and can transduce a costimulatory signal for T cell proliferation. ..
- Kohda K, Matsuda Y, Ishibashi T, Tanaka K, Kasahara M. Structural analysis and chromosomal localization of the mouse Psmb5 gene coding for the constitutively expressed beta-type proteasome subunit. Immunogenetics. 1997;47:77-87 pubmed..These results were confirmed by fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis that localized Psmb5 to band C2 to proximal D1 of chromosome 14 and Psmb5-ps to band D of chromosome 11. ..
- Iizuka T, Kohgo T, Marks S. Foreign body giant cell induction in the CSF-1-deficient osteopetrotic (op/op) mouse. Tissue Cell. 2002;34:103-8 pubmed..These data add to the emerging appreciation of the regional differences among macrophage populations in their dependence on CSF-1 for differentiation and survival...
- Diao H, Kon S, Iwabuchi K, Kimura C, Morimoto J, Ito D, et al. Osteopontin as a mediator of NKT cell function in T cell-mediated liver diseases. Immunity. 2004;21:539-50 pubmed..These findings identify NKT cell-derived OPN as a novel target for the treatment of inflammatory liver diseases. ..
- Watanabe T, Tsuda M, Makino Y, Ichihara S, Sawa H, Minami A, et al. Adaptor molecule Crk is required for sustained phosphorylation of Grb2-associated binder 1 and hepatocyte growth factor-induced cell motility of human synovial sarcoma cell lines. Mol Cancer Res. 2006;4:499-510 pubmed
- Suzuki T, Nakaya T. Regulation of amyloid beta-protein precursor by phosphorylation and protein interactions. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29633-7 pubmed publisher..Recent findings regarding the regulation of APP processing contribute to the development of novel drugs and/or therapies for Alzheimer disease. ..
- Yanagi T, Akiyama M, Nishihara H, Ishikawa J, Sakai K, Miyamura Y, et al. Self-improvement of keratinocyte differentiation defects during skin maturation in ABCA12-deficient harlequin ichthyosis model mice. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:106-18 pubmed publisher..This restoration may account for the skin phenotype improvement observed in HI survivors...
- Jinushi M, Chiba S, Yoshiyama H, Masutomi K, Kinoshita I, Dosaka Akita H, et al. Tumor-associated macrophages regulate tumorigenicity and anticancer drug responses of cancer stem/initiating cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12425-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, the pharmacological targeting of key factors derived from tumor-associated inflammation provides a unique strategy to eradicate therapy-resistant tumors by manipulating CSC activities. ..
- Kim G, LujÃ¡n R, Schwenk J, Kelley M, Aguado C, Watanabe M, et al. Membrane palmitoylated protein 2 is a synaptic scaffold protein required for synaptic SK2-containing channel function. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, MPP2 is a novel synaptic scaffold that is required for proper synaptic localization and function of SK2-containing channels. ..
- Matsuura A, Kinebuchi M, Chen H, Katabami S, Shimizu T, Hashimoto Y, et al. NKT cells in the rat: organ-specific distribution of NK T cells expressing distinct V alpha 14 chains. J Immunol. 2000;164:3140-8 pubmed..The implication of the molecular interaction between the structurally diverse invariant TCR alpha and CD1d/ligand complex in different organs is discussed. ..
- Furusawa M, Ohnishi T, Taira T, Iguchi Ariga S, Ariga H. AMY-1, a c-Myc-binding protein, is localized in the mitochondria of sperm by association with S-AKAP84, an anchor protein of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36647-51 pubmed..These results suggest that AMY-1 plays a role in spermatogenesis. ..
- Murakami S, Iwaki D, Mitsuzawa H, Sano H, Takahashi H, Voelker D, et al. Surfactant protein A inhibits peptidoglycan-induced tumor necrosis factor-alpha secretion in U937 cells and alveolar macrophages by direct interaction with toll-like receptor 2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6830-7 pubmed..We propose that SP-A modulates inflammatory responses against the bacterial components by interactions with pattern-recognition receptors. ..
- Matsumoto K, Minamitani T, Orba Y, Sato M, Sawa H, Ariga H. Induction of matrix metalloproteinase-2 by tenascin-X deficiency is mediated through the c-Jun N-terminal kinase and protein tyrosine kinase phosphorylation pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2004;297:404-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that induction of MMP-2 by TNX deficiency is mediated, at least in part, through the JNK and protein tyrosine kinase phosphorylation pathway. ..
- Kikuchi K, Yanagawa Y, Onoe K. CCR7 ligand-enhanced phagocytosis of various antigens in mature dendritic cells-time course and antigen distribution different from phagocytosis in immature dendritic cells. Microbiol Immunol. 2005;49:535-44 pubmed..coli taken up relatively slowly by immature DC colocalized with Lamp-1. These results suggest that phagocytosis of antigens by immature and mature DC plays different functional roles. ..
- Ohkawara T, Takeda H, Kato K, Miyashita K, Kato M, Iwanaga T, et al. Polaprezinc (N-(3-aminopropionyl)-L-histidinato zinc) ameliorates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2005;40:1321-7 pubmed..Polaprezinc could be useful in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases. ..
- Omoteyama K, Ikeda H, Imaki J, Sakai M. Activation of connective tissue growth factor gene by the c-Maf and Lc-Maf transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:1089-97 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the CTGF gene is a target of c-Maf and Lc-Maf in cartilage development. ..
- Takasaki C, Miura E, Watanabe M. Segmental and complementary expression of L-serine biosynthetic enzyme 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase and neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 in the mouse kidney. Biomed Res. 2007;28:61-9 pubmed..e., the distal tubule and collecting duct. Therefore, either Phgdh or ASCT1 is provided to each segment of renal tubules, suggesting that metabolic interplay mediated by L-serine biosynthesis and supply may exist in the kidney too. ..
- Hirata N, Yanagawa Y, Iwabuchi K, Onoe K. Selective regulation of interleukin-10 production via Janus kinase pathway in murine conventional dendritic cells. Cell Immunol. 2009;258:9-17 pubmed publisher..LY294002, a specific inhibitor of PI3K, markedly inhibited the DC production of IL-10. Thus, JAK-PI3K axis appeared to be responsible for the IL-10 production by DCs. ..
- Takada T, Yamashita T, Sato M, Sato A, Ono I, Tamura Y, et al. Growth inhibition of re-challenge B16 melanoma transplant by conjugates of melanogenesis substrate and magnetite nanoparticles as the basis for developing melanoma-targeted chemo-thermo-immunotherapy. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2009;2009:457936 pubmed publisher..HSP70 production was greatest at 43 degrees C compared to that with 41 degrees C or 46 degrees C. CD8(+)T cells were infiltrated at the site of the re-challenge melanoma transplant. ..