Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Publications720 found, 100 shown here
- Aparicio J. HLA and non-HLA genetic factors in Japanese IDDM. Hokkaido Igaku Zasshi. 1991;66:780-93 pubmed..03). These results were discordant with some of the strongly associated genes observed in Caucasians. The discrepancy of the HLA and non-HLA results between both ethnic groups is discussed. ..
- Sasaki Y, Ishida S, Morimoto I, Yamashita T, Kojima T, Kihara C, et al. The p53 family member genes are involved in the Notch signal pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:719-24 pubmed..Our findings show an association between the p53 family genes and Notch signaling and suggest a potential molecular mechanism for the involvement of the p53 family genes in normal development. ..
- Murahashi H, Azuma H, Zamzami N, Furuya K, Ikebuchi K, Yamaguchi M, et al. Possible contribution of apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) and reactive oxygen species (ROS) to UVB-induced caspase-independent cell death in the T cell line Jurkat. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:399-406 pubmed..In addition, reactive oxygen species generated by UVB might be involved in inducing the mitochondrio-nuclear translocation of AIF. ..
- Kobayashi M, Fujita I, Itagaki S, Hirano T, Iseki K. Transport mechanism for L-lactic acid in human myocytes using human prototypic embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma cell line (RD cells). Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:1197-201 pubmed..MCT4 mRNA was found to be present significantly greater than that MCT2. We conclude that MCT1 is responsible for L-lactic acid uptake and L-lactic acid efflux is mediated by MCT4 in RD cells...
- Tsukamoto T, Masumori N, Rahman M, Crane M. Change in International Prostate Symptom Score, prostrate-specific antigen and prostate volume in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia followed longitudinally. Int J Urol. 2007;14:321-4; discussion 325 pubmed..06). IPSS were not correlated with any laboratory measure of urinary function at baseline; however, change in IPSS was associated with change in PV. PV was also moderately correlated to PSA levels and residual urine volume at baseline. ..
- Oikawa K, Furuta Y, Itoh T, Oridate N, Fukuda S. Clinical and pathological analysis of recurrent inverted papilloma. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2007;116:297-303 pubmed..However, more aggressive treatment, including craniofacial resection, should be considered in IP with SD, which is associated with a high rate of recurrence and malignant transformation. ..
- Takekuma Y, Kakiuchi H, Yamazaki K, Miyauchi S, Kikukawa T, Kamo N, et al. Difference between pharmacokinetics of mycophenolic acid (MPA) in rats and that in humans is caused by different affinities of MRP2 to a glucuronized form. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2007;10:71-85 pubmed..The affinity of rMRP2 to MPAG was about 3.6 times as high as that of hMRP2. Therefore, the difference of affinity between hMRP2 and rMrp2 is a possible mechanism of the difference of excretion ratio of MPAG between rats and human. ..
- Hakuma N, Betsuyaku T, Kinoshita I, Itoh T, Kaga K, Kondo S, et al. High incidence of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer expression in non-small cell lung cancers. Association with clinicopathological parameters. Oncology. 2007;72:197-204 pubmed..60%). EMMPRIN was preferentially expressed in most NSCLCs. High levels of expression were associated with early T stage and well-differentiated adenocarcinoma, and were not a prognostic factor in NSCLC. ..
- El Sayed A, Masuda T, Khalil I, Akita H, Harashima H. Enhanced gene expression by a novel stearylated INF7 peptide derivative through fusion independent endosomal escape. J Control Release. 2009;138:160-7 pubmed publisher..The intravenous injection of an R8-MEND modified with stearylated INF7 to ICR mice resulted in luciferase expression levels 240-fold higher in liver and 115-fold higher in spleen than that of the R8-MEND. ..
- Iwasaki N, Kato H, Ishikawa J, Masuko T, Funakoshi T, Minami A. Autologous osteochondral mosaicplasty for osteochondritis dissecans of the elbow in teenage athletes. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91:2359-66 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to clarify the surgical efficacy of mosaicplasty for teenage athletes with advanced lesions of capitellar osteochondritis dissecans...
- Ikeda O, Mizushima A, Sekine Y, Yamamoto C, Muromoto R, Nanbo A, et al. Involvement of STAP-2 in Brk-mediated phosphorylation and activation of STAT5 in breast cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:756-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide insights toward the development of novel therapeutic strategies as well as novel prognostic values in breast carcinomas. ..
- Ishijima K, Kase S, Noda M, Ishida S. [Pyogenic granuloma developing rapidly after excision of corneal/conjunctival intraepithelial neoplasia]. Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi. 2010;114:1036-9 pubmed..The secondary tumor was diagnosed as pyogenic granuloma. It is possible to diagnose a secondary tumor based on information of the clinical course, slit-lamp examination and brushing cytology before the excision of CIN. ..
- Hosaka M, Fujita H, Hanley S, Sasaki T, Shirakawa Y, Abiko M, et al. Incidence risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 3 or more severe lesions is a function of human papillomavirus genotypes and severity of cytological and histological abnormalities in adult Japanese women. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:327-34 pubmed publisher..A therapeutic intervention is not indicated for CIN2 without HPV DNA. ..
- Shiraishi H, Haginoya K, Nakagawa E, Saitoh S, Kaneko Y, Nakasato N, et al. Magnetoencephalography localizing spike sources of atypical benign partial epilepsy. Brain Dev. 2014;36:21-7 pubmed publisher..ABPE is therefore a unique, age-related and localization-related epilepsy with a Rolandic-sylvian epileptic focus plus possible thalamo-cortical epileptic networks in the developing brain of children. ..
- Hirakawa S, Kojima T, Obata K, Okabayashi T, Yokota S, Nomura K, et al. Marked induction of matrix metalloproteinase-10 by respiratory syncytial virus infection in human nasal epithelial cells. J Med Virol. 2013;85:2141-50 pubmed publisher..MMP-10 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of RSV diseases and it has the potential to be a novel marker and therapeutic target for RSV infection. ..
- Soyama T, Sakuhara Y, Kudo K, Abo D, Wang J, Ito Y, et al. Comparison of conventional ultrasonography and ultrasonography-computed tomography fusion imaging for target identification using digital/real hybrid phantoms: a preliminary study. J Med Ultrason (2001). 2016;43:327-35 pubmed publisher..US-CT fusion imaging was superior to US alone in terms of accurate and rapid identification of target lesions. ..
- Osanai T, Hida K, Asano T, Seki T, Sasamori T, Houkin K. Ten-Year Retrospective Study on the Management of Spinal Arteriovenous Lesions: Efficacy of a Combination of Intraoperative Digital Subtraction Angiography and Intraarterial Dye Injection. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:841-847 pubmed publisher..These methods allowed surgeons to orientate the complex vessel structure. Intraoperative digital subtraction angiography and intraarterial dye injection are useful tools for management of spinal arteriovenous lesions. ..
- Nakatani M, Watari H, Mitamura T, Wang L, Hatanaka Y, Hatanaka K, et al. The Anti-tumor Effect of Cabozantinib on Ovarian Clear Cell Carcinoma In Vitro and In Vivo. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6125-6132 pubmed..We evaluated the antitumor activity of cabozantinib, that targets MET...
- Aoki K, Sawada H, Ishikawa H, Shimoji T, Kamada R. An outbreak of acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis due to Coxsackie virus type A24 variant in Japan. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 1988;32:1-5 pubmed..The differentiation between EV70 and the CA24 variant as the agent causing AHC is very important in epidemiology, especially as there is a high possibility in Japan of outbreaks caused by these two agents. ..
- Harada H, Furuya M, Ishikura H, Shindo J, Koyanagi T, Yoshiki T. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase in the fluids of renal cystic lesions. J Urol. 2002;168:19-22 pubmed..These observations suggest that matriolytic enzymes in renal cystic fluid reflect biological aggressiveness and in part explain the pathogenesis of renal cystic lesions. ..
- Sasaki Y, Mita H, Toyota M, Ishida S, Morimoto I, Yamashita T, et al. Identification of the interleukin 4 receptor alpha gene as a direct target for p73. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8145-52 pubmed..We also found that p73beta-transfected tumor cells are sensitive to IL-4-mediated apoptosis. Our data suggest that IL-4Ralpha could mediate, in part, certain immune responses and p73-dependent cell death. ..
- Chiba S, Yonekura K, Nonaka M, Imai T, Matumoto H, Wada T. Advanced Hirayama disease with successful improvement of activities of daily living by operative reconstruction. Intern Med. 2004;43:79-81 pubmed..An operative reconstruction can be valuable, even in patients with Hirayama disease who have developed impaired ADL due to extensive intrinsic hand muscle atrophy. ..
- Tanaka J, Toubai T, Miura Y, Tsutsumi Y, Kato N, Umehara S, et al. Differential expression of natural killer cell receptors (CD94/NKG2A) on T cells by the stimulation of G-CSF-mobilized peripheral blood mononuclear cells with anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody and cytokines: a study in stem cell donors. Transplant Proc. 2004;36:2511-2 pubmed..Based on these findings, it may be possible to establish the effective strategy to expand inhibitory NKR-expressing T cells with CTL activity for cell therapy. ..
- Sugawara K, Suzuki N, Fujioka Y, Mizushima N, Ohsumi Y, Inagaki F. Structural basis for the specificity and catalysis of human Atg4B responsible for mammalian autophagy. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40058-65 pubmed..The structure and in vitro mutational analyses provide the basis for the specificity and catalysis of HsAtg4B. This will enable the design of Atg4-specific inhibitors that block autophagy. ..
- Zhang Y, Adachi M, Kawamura R, Zou H, Imai K, Hareyama M, et al. Bmf contributes to histone deacetylase inhibitor-mediated enhancing effects on apoptosis after ionizing radiation. Apoptosis. 2006;11:1349-57 pubmed..Taken together, histone hyperacetylation may enhance IR-induced death via activation of Bmf transcription, thereby implying Bmf as a key molecule for HDAC inhibitors (FK228 and CBHA)-mediated enhancing effect on IR-induced cell death. ..
- Jin X, Ishiko H, Nguyen T, Ohguchi T, Akanuma M, Aoki K, et al. Molecular epidemiology of adenoviral conjunctivitis in Hanoi, Vietnam. Am J Ophthalmol. 2006;142:1064-6 pubmed..To investigate the serotypes of adenovirus causing conjunctivitis in Hanoi, Vietnam...
- Ebihara T, Masuda H, Akazawa T, Shingai M, Kikuta H, Ariga T, et al. Induction of NKG2D ligands on human dendritic cells by TLR ligand stimulation and RNA virus infection. Int Immunol. 2007;19:1145-55 pubmed..Hence, the results reflect the important role of NKG2DLs on human mDCs in mDC-mediated NK cell activation. ..
- Ishioka S, Hayashi T, Endo T, Baba T, Honma H, Saito T. Advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma during pregnancy. Int J Clin Oncol. 2007;12:375-8 pubmed..To determine a better approach for such patients, multidisciplinary staff meetings, including gynecological oncologists, obstetricians, neonatologists, psychologists, and the patient are important. ..
- Kaneko M, Yasui S, Niinuma Y, Arai K, Omura T, Okuma Y, et al. A different pathway in the endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced expression of human HRD1 and SEL1 genes. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5355-60 pubmed..These results suggest that the ER stress-induced ERAD gene expressions are mediated by different pathways, which are attributed to the differences in the promoter regions. ..
- Dong Z, Namba K, Kitaichi N, Goda C, Kitamura M, Ohno S. Efficacy and complications of intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide for refractory cystoid macular edema associated with intraocular inflammation. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2008;52:374-379 pubmed publisher..5%). In phakic eyes, cataracts progressed and necessitated surgery. IVTA is effective for PSTA-resistant CME with intraocular inflammation, and its efficacy might be dose dependent. ..
- Takahashi T. A neuroeconomic theory of rational addiction and nonlinear time-perception. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2011;32:221-5 pubmed..Future directions in the application of the model to studies in neuroeconomics are discussed. ..
- Einama T, Kamachi H, Nishihara H, Homma S, Kanno H, Takahashi K, et al. Co-expression of mesothelin and CA125 correlates with unfavorable patient outcome in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Pancreas. 2011;40:1276-82 pubmed publisher..Our finding suggests that co-expression of these two factors plays a significant role in the acquisition of aggressive clinical behavior. ..
- Funakoshi T, Yamashita K, Ichikawa N, Fukai M, Suzuki T, Goto R, et al. A novel NF-?B inhibitor, dehydroxymethylepoxyquinomicin, ameliorates inflammatory colonic injury in mice. J Crohns Colitis. 2012;6:215-25 pubmed publisher..DHMEQ ameliorated experimental colitis in mice. These results indicate that DHMEQ appears to be an attractive therapeutic agent for IBD. ..
- Murata M, Noda K, Fukuhara J, Kanda A, Kase S, Saito W, et al. Soluble vascular adhesion protein-1 accumulates in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4055-62 pubmed publisher..This study explores a link between increased level of sVAP-1 and oxidative stress in proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) with a focus on mechanistic components to form sVAP-1 by shedding from retinal endothelial cells...
- Shimizu Y, Takahashi M, Yoshida T, Ono S, Mabe K, Kato M, et al. Endoscopic in vivo cellular imaging of superficial squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck by using an integrated endocytoscopy system (with video). Gastrointest Endosc. 2013;78:351-8 pubmed publisher..The kappa value for interobserver agreement was 0.77. Single-center experience, small number of patients. An endocytoscopy system has the potential to be used as an optical biopsy for superficial head and neck lesions. ..
- Uchinami Y, Myojin M, Takahashi H, Harada K, Shimizu S, Hosokawa M. Prognostic factors in clinical T1N0M0 thoracic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma invading the muscularis mucosa or submucosa. Radiat Oncol. 2016;11:84 pubmed publisher..PS was an independent prognostic factor for DSS and DFS. ER and ENI had no significant relationship with DSS or DFS. The present results may be helpful in treatment decisions for clinical T1N0M0 thoracic ESCC. ..
- Ozeki T, Takahashi Y, Kume T, Nakayama K, Yokoi T, Nunoya K, et al. Co-operative regulation of the transcription of human dihydrodiol dehydrogenase (DD)4/aldo-keto reductase (AKR)1C4 gene by hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF)-4alpha/gamma and HNF-1alpha. Biochem J. 2001;355:537-44 pubmed..These results indicate that HNF-4alpha, HNF-4gamma and HNF-1alpha regulate co-operatively the transcription of the human DD4 gene in HepG2 cells. ..
- Mizumoto N, Iwabichi K, Nakamura H, Ato M, Shibaki A, Kawashima T, et al. Enhanced contact hypersensitivity in human monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 transgenic mouse. Immunobiology. 2001;204:477-93 pubmed
- Adachi N, Matsuura M, Hara T, Oana Y, Okubo Y, Kato M, et al. Psychoses and epilepsy: are interictal and postictal psychoses distinct clinical entities?. Epilepsia. 2002;43:1574-82 pubmed..Our findings confirmed that psychosis associated with epilepsy should not be defined as a single, simple condition but rather as a complex condition with several possible subcategories. ..
- Haga K. [The mechanism for reduced expression of gelsolin, tumor suppressor protein, in bladder cancer]. Hokkaido Igaku Zasshi. 2003;78:29-37 pubmed
- Inokuchi J, Kabayama K, Uemura S, Igarashi Y. Glycosphingolipids govern gene expression. Glycoconj J. 2004;20:169-78 pubmed..Thus, the spatio-temporal, gene expression control mechanism by individual GSL molecules accumulating in the cell membrane microdomain (raft) has been proven. ..
- Ebihara Y, Miyamoto M, Fukunaga A, Kato K, Shichinohe T, Kawarada Y, et al. DARPP-32 expression arises after a phase of dysplasia in oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2004;91:119-23 pubmed..These observations suggest that DARPP-32 (rather than t-DARPP) expression arises after a phase of dysplasia in OSCC, and that tumours expressing DARPP-32 progress less rapidly than DARPP-32-negative tumours. ..
- Sawamura D, Goto M, Shibaki A, Akiyama M, McMillan J, Abiko Y, et al. Beta defensin-3 engineered epidermis shows highly protective effect for bacterial infection. Gene Ther. 2005;12:857-61 pubmed..These results, taken together, indicate that the therapeutic introduction of the HBD3 gene into somatic cells may provide a new gene therapy strategy for intractable infectious diseases. ..
- Ikeda T, Tamate N, Yamaguchi K, Makino S. Mass outbreak of food poisoning disease caused by small amounts of staphylococcal enterotoxins A and H. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:2793-5 pubmed..Results of this study clearly indicate that SEH was also present in the raw material of reconstituted milk, indicating that the food poisoning was caused by multiple staphylococcal enterotoxins...
- Okada T, Sasaki F, Asaka M, Kato M, Nakagawa M, Todo S. Delay of gastric emptying measured by 13C-acetate breath test in neurologically impaired children with gastroesophageal reflux. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2005;15:77-81 pubmed..0045). Gastric emptying studies can be easily and reliably carried out in children with NI using (13)C- ABT. We showed that we were able to determine the gastric emptying rate by (13)C- ABT in patients with GER due to NI. ..
- Kusaka M, Mikuni M, Nishiya M. A case of high-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma arising from endometriosis in the cul-de-sac. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:895-9 pubmed..Neither hormonal therapy nor chemotherapy was effective, and the patient died 6 months postoperatively. ESS should be included in the differential diagnosis of malignant transformation of endometriosis...
- Yamamoto M, Suzuki N, Hatakeyama N, Mizue N, Hori T, Kuroiwa Y, et al. Treatment of stage IV malignant rhabdoid tumor of the kidney (MRTK) with ICE and VDCy: a case report. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2006;28:286-9 pubmed..She remained well, without recurrence, 24 months after diagnosis. Alternating therapy with ICE and VDCy might become a standard regimen for stage IV MRTK, although further study is required to confirm its effectiveness...
- Okamoto H. Osteopontin and cardiovascular system. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;300:1-7 pubmed..6) While the significance of OPN as an immune system molecule is still unclear in detail, the significance of OPN in the regenerative immune system has begun to be determined. ..
- Aoyama H, Tago M, Kato N, Toyoda T, Kenjyo M, Hirota S, et al. Neurocognitive function of patients with brain metastasis who received either whole brain radiotherapy plus stereotactic radiosurgery or radiosurgery alone. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;68:1388-95 pubmed..However, the long-term adverse effects of WBRT on neurocognitive function might not be negligible. ..
- Kobayashi R, Kaneda M, Sato T, Ichikawa M, Suzuki D, Ariga T. The clinical feature of invasive fungal infection in pediatric patients with hematologic and malignant diseases: a 10-year analysis at a single institution at Japan. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008;30:886-90 pubmed publisher..AML was most strongly associated using a multivariate analysis. The prognosis of IFI has been expected poor; therefore, prevention of this condition, especially for older patients with AML, would be important. ..
- Hayakawa M, Katabami K, Wada T, Sugano M, Hoshino H, Sawamura A, et al. Sivelestat (selective neutrophil elastase inhibitor) improves the mortality rate of sepsis associated with both acute respiratory distress syndrome and disseminated intravascular coagulation patients. Shock. 2010;33:14-8 pubmed publisher..The length of ICU stay of the sivelestat group was significantly shorter than that of the control group. In addition, sivelestat administration was found to be an independent predictor of survival of those patients. ..
- Kato M, Nishida U, Nishida M, Hata T, Asaka R, Haneda M, et al. Pathophysiological classification of functional dyspepsia using a novel drinking-ultrasonography test. Digestion. 2010;82:162-6 pubmed publisher..We developed a novel drinking-ultrasonography test that was effective in classifying FD patients according to pathophysiological features. ..
- Sato Y, Ono M, Sagawa T, Takimoto R, Hirakawa M, Ohnuma H, et al. Endoscopic findings of enteropathy-type T-cell lymphoma by double-balloon enteroscopy and capsule endoscopy. Dig Endosc. 2010;22:243-5 pubmed publisher..Double-balloon enteroscopy and capsule endoscopy may be useful tools for diagnosing and monitoring the effects of therapy in patients with ETL. ..
- Naya M, Morita K, Yoshinaga K, Manabe O, Goto D, Hirata K, et al. Long-term smoking causes more advanced coronary endothelial dysfunction in middle-aged smokers compared to young smokers. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2011;38:491-8 pubmed publisher..Long-term smoking exposure could lead to more advanced coronary endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis possibly via oxidative stress. ..
- Ishii T, Fukano K, Shimada K, Kamikawa A, Okamatsu Ogura Y, Terao A, et al. Proinsulin C-peptide activates ?-enolase: implications for C-peptide--cell membrane interaction. J Biochem. 2012;152:53-62 pubmed publisher..Since ?-enolase plays a role as a cell surface receptor for plasminogen, it may conceivably also serve as a receptor for C-peptide in vivo. ..
- Tahara T, Yamamoto E, Madireddi P, Suzuki H, Maruyama R, Chung W, et al. Colorectal carcinomas with CpG island methylator phenotype 1 frequently contain mutations in chromatin regulators. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:530-38.e5 pubmed publisher..Aberrations in chromatin remodeling could contribute to the development of CIMP1 CRCs. A better understanding of the biological determinants of CRCs can be achieved when these tumors are categorized according to their epigenetic status. ..
- Arima N, Nakamura F, Yabe T, Tanaka J, Fuji S, Ohashi K, et al. Influence of Differently Licensed KIR2DL1-Positive Natural Killer Cells in Transplant Recipients with Acute Leukemia: A Japanese National Registry Study. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:423-31 pubmed publisher..13; PÂ =Â .005). In conclusion, donor selection based on leukemic subtype and donor HLA-C group matching improves transplantation outcome after HLA-C-mismatched HSCT. ..
- Utrarachkij F, Nakajima C, Siripanichgon K, Changkaew K, Thongpanich Y, Pornraungwong S, et al. Genetic diversity and antimicrobial resistance pattern of Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis clinical isolates in Thailand. J Infect Chemother. 2016;22:209-15 pubmed publisher..Hence, a strict policy on antimicrobial usage needs to be implemented to achieve the control of resistant SE in Thailand. ..
- Iwagaki N, Ganley R, Dickie A, PolgÃ¡r E, Hughes D, Del Río P, et al. A combined electrophysiological and morphological study of neuropeptide Y-expressing inhibitory interneurons in the spinal dorsal horn of the mouse. Pain. 2016;157:598-612 pubmed publisher..Because many NPY-expressing cells respond to noxious stimuli, these are likely to have a role in attenuating pain and limiting its spread. ..
- Hiwa R, Ohmura K, Arase N, Jin H, Hirayasu K, Kohyama M, et al. Myeloperoxidase/HLA Class II Complexes Recognized by Autoantibodies in Microscopic Polyangiitis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2069-2080 pubmed publisher..Moreover, MPO-ANCA stimulated MPO/HLA-DR complex-expressing HL-60 cells. Our findings suggest that MPO complexed with HLA class II molecules is involved in the pathogenesis of MPA as a target for MPO-ANCA. ..
- Itoh K, Tsukamoto E, Kakizaki H, Nonomura K, Furudate M. Comparative study of renal scintigraphy with 99Tcm-mercaptoacetyltriglycine and 123I-orthoiodohippurate. Nucl Med Commun. 1993;14:644-52 pubmed..However, 99Tcm-MAG3 has the clinical advantages of superior image quality, the feasibility of gamma camera measurement of quantitative renal uptake, and ready availability for routine clinical use. ..
- Yamada T, Mitsuya K, Kayashima T, Yamasaki K, Ohta T, Yoshiura K, et al. Imprinting analysis of 10 genes and/or transcripts in a 1.5-Mb MEST-flanking region at human chromosome 7q32. Genomics. 2004;83:402-12 pubmed..Therefore, it is less likely that the MEST-flanking 7q32 region forms a large imprinted domain. ..
- Shimizu T, Hizawa N, Honda A, Zhao Y, Abe R, Watanabe H, et al. Promoter region polymorphism of macrophage migration inhibitory factor is strong risk factor for young onset of extensive alopecia areata. Genes Immun. 2005;6:285-9 pubmed..MIF is therefore suggested to be closely implicated in the pathogenesis of the more extensive forms of AA. ..
- Miyazaki M, Yamazaki H, Takeuchi H, Saoo K, Yokohira M, Masumura K, et al. Mechanisms of chemopreventive effects of 8-methoxypsoralen against 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone-induced mouse lung adenomas. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1947-55 pubmed..Based on these lines of evidence, we propose that 8-methoxypsoralen inhibits the CYP2A5-mediated metabolic activation of NNK in the mouse lung, leading to the prevention of NNK-induced adenoma. ..
- Oyama N, Urasawa K, Kaneta S, Sakai H, Saito T, Takagi C, et al. Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors attenuated the expression of G-protein coupled receptor kinases in heart failure patients. Circ J. 2006;70:362-3 pubmed..05). GRK mRNA level in IIA were significantly lower than those in IIC (p<0.05). The expression level of lymphocyte GRK might show the severity of CHF, and ACEI treatment could reduce the level of GRK in CHF patients. ..
- Takagaki K, Shima H, Tanuma N, Nomura M, Satoh T, Watanabe M, et al. Characterization of a novel low-molecular-mass dual specificity phosphatase-4 (LDP-4) expressed in brain. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;296:177-84 pubmed..When expressed in COS-7 cells, FLAG-tagged LDP-4 protein was present within the nucleus and Golgi apparatus. LDP-4 expression did not reduce phosphorylation levels of MAPKs, but rather evoked activation of JNK and p38. ..
- Ito K, Anada Y, Tani M, Ikeda M, Sano T, Kihara A, et al. Lack of sphingosine 1-phosphate-degrading enzymes in erythrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:212-7 pubmed..The absence of both S1P-degrading enzymes has not been reported for other cell types. Thus, erythrocytes may be specialized cells for storing and supplying plasma S1P. ..
- Miyazaki M. The history of abortion-related acts and current issues in Japan. Med Law. 2007;26:791-9 pubmed..As a result, the existence of contradictions between attitudes toward the life of the fetus and that of the mother, women's right to self determination, and women's rights under current legislation has been clarified. ..
- Hokari M, Kuroda S, Shiga T, Nakayama N, Tamaki N, Iwasaki Y. Impact of oxygen extraction fraction on long-term prognosis in patients with reduced blood flow and vasoreactivity because of occlusive carotid artery disease. Surg Neurol. 2009;71:532-8; discussion 538, 538-9 pubmed publisher..0303). Type 3 patients may be categorized into 2 subgroups as follows: those with elevated OEF and higher stroke risk and those with normal OEF and lower stroke risk, although larger number of subjects should be analyzed. ..
- Sasai K, Nodagashira M, Nishihara H, Aoyanagi E, Wang L, Katoh M, et al. Careful exclusion of non-neoplastic brain components is required for an appropriate evaluation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase status in glioma: relationship between immunohistochemistry and methylation analysis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:1220-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, to correctly establish MGMT expression in the tumor, which could be informative of glioma sensitivity to alkylating agents, exclusion of non-neoplastic brain components from analysis is required. ..
- Oishi Y, Nagai S, Yoshida M, Fujisawa S, Sazawa A, Shinohara N, et al. Mutation analysis of the SDHB and SDHD genes in pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas: identification of a novel nonsense mutation (Q168X) in the SDHB gene. Endocr J. 2010;57:745-50 pubmed..Further accumulation of cases is necessary to confirm the association between SDHB mutation and malignant potential. ..
- Zhao Y, Zhao S, Kuge Y, Strauss W, Blankenberg F, Tamaki N. Localization of deoxyglucose and annexin A5 in experimental atheroma correlates with macrophage infiltration but not lipid deposition in the lesion. Mol Imaging Biol. 2011;13:712-20 pubmed publisher..44 vs. r?=?0.14; [(99m)Tc]annexin A5, r?=?0.65 vs. r?=?0.48). Both tracers were concentrated in type III and IV atheromatous lesions which corresponded to macrophage infiltration rather than lipid deposition. ..
- Fuse S, Kobayashi T, Arakaki Y, Ogawa S, Katoh H, Sakamoto N, et al. Standard method for ultrasound imaging of coronary artery in children. Pediatr Int. 2010;52:876-82 pubmed publisher..Proximal and mid-anterior descending arteries are observed on the anterior interventricular groove. The proximal left circumflex coronary artery is observed in the atrioventricular groove, anterior to the mitral valve ring. ..
- Iwabuchi E, Yamamoto S, Endo Y, Ochiai T, Hirai K. Prevalence of Salmonella isolates and antimicrobial resistance patterns in chicken meat throughout Japan. J Food Prot. 2011;74:270-3 pubmed publisher..2%) and bicozamycin (49.1%). This study, the first to report Salmonella prevalence in chicken meat throughout Japan, could provide valuable data for monitoring and controlling Salmonella infection in the future. ..
- Makino Y, Suzuki T, Hasebe R, Kimura T, Maeda A, Takahashi H, et al. Establishment of tracking system for West Nile virus entry and evidence of microtubule involvement in particle transport. J Virol Methods. 2014;195:250-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, fast viral particle movements at the late phase correlated with SVP-microtubule association. ..
- Sato K, Tajima T, Nakae J, Adachi M, Asakura Y, Tachibana K, et al. Three novel PHEX gene mutations in Japanese patients with X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets. Pediatr Res. 2000;48:536-40 pubmed..These results suggest that: 1) PHEX gene mutations are responsible for XLH in Japanese patients, and 2) PHEX gene mutations are heterogeneous in the Japanese population similarly to other ethnic populations...
- Hizawa N, Yamaguchi E, Jinushi E, Konno S, Kawakami Y, Nishimura M. Increased total serum IgE levels in patients with asthma and promoter polymorphisms at CTLA4 and FCER1B. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001;108:74-9 pubmed..This supports the theory that variance in total serum IgE levels in patients with asthma is determined by mutations in multiple genes, each of which has a relatively small effect on the phenotype. ..
- Topcu Z, Chiba I, Fujieda M, Shibata T, Ariyoshi N, Yamazaki H, et al. CYP2A6 gene deletion reduces oral cancer risk in betel quid chewers in Sri Lanka. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:595-8 pubmed..03-0.72). In the allelic base analysis, there was also a significant decrease in the OR of the deletion allele. Our data suggest that deficient CYP2A6 activity due to genetic polymorphism reduces oral cancer risk in betel quid chewers. ..
- Tanaka T, Nakatani S, Xuan X, Kumura H, Igarashi I, Shimazaki K. Antiviral activity of lactoferrin against canine herpesvirus. Antiviral Res. 2003;60:193-9 pubmed..We also demonstrated that human LF had anti-CHV activity. Our findings suggest that LF could be effective in dogs to provide protection against CHV infection...
- Ohtomo K, Kobayashi N, Sumi A, Ohtomo N. Relationship of cholera incidence to El Niño and solar activity elucidated by time-series analysis. Epidemiol Infect. 2010;138:99-107 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the cholera incidence in Bangladesh may have been influenced by the occurrence of El Niño and also by the periodic change of solar activity. ..
- Kaneiwa T, Mizumoto S, Sugahara K, Yamada S. Identification of human hyaluronidase-4 as a novel chondroitin sulfate hydrolase that preferentially cleaves the galactosaminidic linkage in the trisulfated tetrasaccharide sequence. Glycobiology. 2010;20:300-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, it may well be applicable to the treatment of acute spinal cord injuries as in the case of, or instead of, the bacterial CS lyase which has been used for recent clinical trials. ..
- Watari H, Kinoshita R, Han Y, Wang L, Hosaka M, Taguchi H, et al. Prognostic significance of clusterin expression in advanced-stage cervical cancer treated with curative intended radiotherapy. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:465-70 pubmed publisher..02) were independent prognostic factors for overall survival. We conclude that CLU could be a new molecular marker to predict overall survival of patients with advanced-stage cervical cancer treated with curative intended RT. ..
- Hirakawa M, Sato Y, Ohnuma H, Takayama T, Sagawa T, Nobuoka T, et al. A phase II study of neoadjuvant combination chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin, and S-1 for locally advanced resectable gastric cancer: nucleotide excision repair (NER) as potential chemoresistance marker. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013;71:789-97 pubmed publisher..The DDB2/ERCC1-high phenotype, as determined by immunohistochemistry, may be useful predictor of resistance to DCS chemotherapy. ..
- Takemoto Y, Namba K, Mizuuchi K, Iwata D, Uno T, Ohno S, et al. Choroidal circulation impairment during the anterior recurrence of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease confirmed with indocyanine green angiography and laser speckle flowgraphy. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:e629-e636 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest the validity of using these two examinations, capable of detecting different circulatory changes, in the management of recurrent VKH disease. ..
- Kishi M, Nishino Y, Sumiya M, Ohki K, Kimura T, Goto T, et al. Cells surviving infection by human immunodeficiency virus type 1: vif or vpu mutants produce non-infectious or markedly less cytopathic viruses. J Gen Virol. 1992;73 ( Pt 1):77-87 pubmed..Thus, M10 cells surviving infection with HIV-1 vif or vpu mutants are heterogeneous, persistently expressing HIV-1 antigens and producing non-infectious or less cytopathic virus. ..
- Kishi M, Zheng Y, Bahmani M, Tokunaga K, Takahashi H, Kakinuma M, et al. Naturally occurring accessory gene mutations lead to persistent human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection of CD4-positive T cells. J Virol. 1995;69:7507-18 pubmed..Thus, mutations generating multiple accessory gene defects during HIV-1 replication correlate with viral persistence and loss of cytopathogenicity. ..
- Mitamura Y, Takeuchi S, Yamamoto S, Yamamoto T, Tsukahara I, Matsuda A, et al. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 levels in the vitreous of patients with proliferative vitreoretinopathy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2002;46:218-21 pubmed..To assess the potential role of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) in the pathogenesis of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR) and to investigate its possible interaction with the macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF)...